Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

City of Strangers (Inactive)

Game Master Nebten


101 to 150 of 1,622 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Good thing I have blind-fight

she attempts to attack the creature
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 3
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 87

Atk: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Dam: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

Andrea delays since she can't see a thing and doesn't want to get in Tina's way. If something does come swopping out to nom on them, she will shoot an arrow.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 61d6 ⇒ 5


Whoops. Forgot to close that spoiler tag. None of you read that, right? ;)

Tina misses with her attack.

Begin Round 2

Combat Order
Elizabeth
Garuneh (Grappled)
Aldous
Gunder
Durnolf
Creature
Tina


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

er, I thought I broke free of grapple?

Garuneh is still within the darkness and bloodied. He calls out and readies his Surge.

"I can't see anything, but it's off of me! Holler if it's near you and I'll blast it!"

Delaying until someone says something and then blasting in that direction. If it attacks me again, someone pour CLW juice down my gullet. ;)


You did. That's what I get for copying and pasting. Again.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

This thing is still nearby, yes? From earlier description it seemed like it tried to fly away but failed to get far

Aldous will ready to fire his longbow if a target presents itself. "Are you okay, Ser Lasandarman? Can anyone see the beast?

Longbow (if applicable) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 damage 1d8 ⇒ 4

"Everyone stay close. Do not get separated from one another."


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

psst--it hit your foot. Your cue to holler.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

d'oh. I wish I could see in the dark. Plus, posting from phone is tough. Either way, I'll keep my action as declared, dagger in the dark would probably just cut off a toe or something...

"Here it is, just by my position!


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"Move, um, East! I'll knock it back up the stairs!" The other way would be forward, where the rest of our party is, thinks Garuneh.

Garuneh takes a five foot step east as well (orienting to Aldous voice), and uses his Surge ability.

Surge (Drag): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

meh. Then again, it's injured. Then beyond that, I'm doing this blind.


Forgetting miss chance?


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

yah, I did.

Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 74


male Halfling Oracle 3

Aldous do you remember that +1 from that spell I cast on you last round?

Gunder walks back into the darkness (towards the voices) and casts Guidance on the first ally he touches.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

good point, forgot completely about it. That'd be an 11 to hit, if & when I see the bugge


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Durnolf urges Ruckus to turn back around and charge the presumably smelly bententacled beast while he draws his earthbreaker.

Ruckus's bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Ruckus's damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Ruckus's miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 51

Actually, not sure if he'd be able to charge something he can smell but not see. If not, take off 2 from the attack roll.


All of the attacks miss. Gunder, wandering into the darkness, bumps into Tina and casts "Guidance" on her.

The creature once again tries to fly away. This grants a smell-only AOO from Ruckus.


M Wolf that can't actually breathe fire

*Snarls menacingly*

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
1d100 ⇒ 31


Round 2 ... Fight

she attempts to attack the creature

First Attack
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 80
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 25

Atk: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Dam: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Second Attack

Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 17
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 81

Atk: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Dam: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Ruckus' attempt to attack fails, and the creature tries to fly to ceiling.

1d20 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4

It fails to do so, giving Tina the opportunity to attack.

Tina's first attack finds its mark - the creature screeches in pain as Tina strikes it with her fists. The second attack, however, misses.

Creature takes 7 damage.

Begin Round 3

Combat Order
Elizabeth
Garuneh
Aldous
Gunder
Durnolf
Creature
Tina


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

desperate times call for desperate measures...

"I'll help you, Ms Valerius, Aldous prays he won't cause more trouble than he's worth as he draws his dagger. "Die, beast!"

Dagger 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1 damage 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1 (+2 to hit if I'm able to flank...not sure if that's possible in these confines)

"I never thought I'd say this, but what I would give to have a dwarf around right now!"

Go Tina!


male Halfling Oracle 3

Tina, is there any reason why you didn't add your STR mod to your attack rolls?


I have BAB(0) + STR(3), and using flurry, I take a -2 penalty.


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

Having little else to do, Elizabeth shoots an arrow where she thinks the creature is if possible.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d6 ⇒ 6
miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 61


male Halfling Oracle 3

Ah, okay. You didn't use the +1 you got from my Guidance, then? Also, I think your BAB increases to 1 (your Monk level) when you use flurry.


No - you just use your BAB when you flurry.


male Halfling Oracle 3

This is what gave me the idea: "For the purpose of these attacks, the monk's base attack bonus from his monk class levels is equal to his monk level." (link to source) But maybe I misunderstand what that means. I'm a little bit confused.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh swaps out Obscuring Mist for Summon Nature's Ally I and summons up a Mite--little guy has darkvision.

Garuneh gestures and speaks obscure words.

When the mite appears, Garuneh speaks to it in Sylvan.

Sylvan:
"Dart it, little one; it's at close range, and call out when you do. You're the only one who can see it." Note that the little feller should also get Point-Blank Shot bonus.

Shadow Lodge

M

The table in the monk section includes the pre-calculated Flurry bonus.


male Halfling Oracle 3

When Gunder hears Garuneh talking in foreign languages, he fears that the druid might be delirious and on the verge of death. He walks towards Garuneh's voice to aid him, trying to stay behind his allies to avoid accidentally being hit by one of them.
Cure light wounds on Garuneh: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Elizabeth misses with her arrow - almost lodging the arrow in Garuneh instead of the creature.

The small mite attacks the strange creature.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 for 1d3 ⇒ 1

Its attack finds its mark, but only does minimal damage.

Creature takes one damage.

Gunder's spell manages to find its mark and Garuneh is healed.

Durnholf is up.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Durnolf takes a swing while Ruckkus snaps at the creature.

attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
miss: 1d100 ⇒ 39

bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
miss: 1d100 ⇒ 2


Let's end this combat, shall we?

Ruckus grabs the creature in its teeth and shakes it fiercely. The creature is silent, but as soon as Ruckus finishes shaking, the darkness lifts and all is still.

Everyone earns 50XP for killing the beast.

With the threat removed, you see that old carvings cover the walls of this square chamber, thick with dust and cobwebs. Three sets of stone double doors stand in the three facing walls. Heavy bronze seals emblazoned with the symbol of Pharasma secure the doors against whatever lies beyond.

Map

Perception Checks:

Elizabeth - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Garuneh - 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Durnolf - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Tina - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Aldous - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Gunder - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Elizabeth, Garuneh and Aldous:

You find more recent (though it still appears to be quite old) graffiti scrawled on the northern wall, which reads, “My heart beats on the wrong side of my chest, or is it right? Is left right, or is it wrong? I don’t know what it means, or why.”


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

Elizabeth points out the graffiti. Look here, this looks more recent. Hmmm.. Might be a riddle of some kind. *tsk* I wonder why they always leave things like this out, horrible security.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"'My heart beats on the wrong side of my chest, or is it right? Is left right, or is it wrong? I don't know what it means, or why.'" Garuneh reads it with his clipping Vudra accent.

"Some people naturally have their hearts on the other sides of their chest, so it could be literal...but you're right, Elizabeth, it sounds like a riddle."

Garuneh peers at the creature that caused them so much trouble.

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


Garuneh:

It appears to be a Darkmantle, a creature frequently found in caves or other similar areas. It has the ability to cast darkness and wraps its prey in its webbed tentacles. A fact you're only too recently familiar with.


"So which door do we pick?
The one on the left, the right or the middle?"


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

Hmm.. Let us keep note of this, it could be talking about something further on. Let us make base camp here while I examine the doors.

Elizabeth checks out all three doors for anything that might be relevent to the riddle or anything note worthy.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"The creature is a Darkmantle; they occur naturally in caves and dark places. There could be more, so I recommend we look at the ceiling more carefully." Garuneh scans the ceiling.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Garuneh muses on the riddle.

"Perhaps the heart of the crypt is on the right...which is the opposite of the human chest. Right is right, left is wrong. At least, that's a guess for which way we should go."


You don't see any additional creatures on the ceiling in this room.

Inspecting the doors, you find that they are impenetrable via a lock pick and incredibly sturdy.


she replies to Garuneh's words
"I think those words might refer to something farther inside."


male Halfling Oracle 3

"Even if we open the right door, we don't know what lurks behind it. Let me cast some blessings onto all of us before we unseal any one of them."
Immediately before opening any of the doors, Gunder will caste Guidance and Virtue on everyone. Giving everyone 1 extra hitpoint and a +1 on one roll, for one minute. Just in case we run right into an ambush.

Also, Gunder casts Read Magic right away, on the doors, the seals, the wall carving and the graffiti. Just in case any of them is magical. Unlimited orisons almost feel like cheating...

"I agree with Elizabeth. We should set up or base camp here. Darkmantle's won't steal things from or base camp, will they, Garuneh? Well done, Ruckus!"
Gunder inspects the dead darkmantle (any loot?), then he looks warily up the stairs where he expects more darkmantles could come from.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Well, that could have gone worse. It could have gone better, yes, but we still made it out in one piece." Aldous casts detect magic and concentrates for three rounds. He ponders the riddle, "The heart lies to the right, if this graffitti is to be believed. We should proceed with extreme caution."

"Is anyone injured, or otherwise inconvenienced?" Waiting for the point person to open the door, bow in hand and at the ready, Aldous maintains concentration on his divination spell. Not sure if it will matter, but Dragon (my familiar) has his own perception score(+4), and can talk with me in common. Will we have any difficulty relighting the torches? I assume activated sunrods are now worthless, after being dispelled by the darkness spell..

"To the right, then?".


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

Elizabeth nods To the rightand opens the right door.


Doors are locked.


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

Elizabeth looks somewhat embarassed at her attemtping to open the door. The door is not able to be picked. We could attempt to break with with our tools or use the chime of opening.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"After you, ser Gunderswel."


male Halfling Oracle 3

Gunderswel? Is that your code for "just let one of the hobbits get eaten, doesn't even matter which one of them"? ;)


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

Oops. No, not intentionally, at least. "Pardon, Sir Banderswel... Aldous
looks a bit flummoxed at his faux pas.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh bows in thanks to Gunder again. I am down one HP, but temporarily ok due to Virtue. I can sleep off the last wound. ;)

"Darkmantles do not steal nor collect treasure, that I know of. As for the door, I think this is where we must use the chime of opening. If we have only five charges, that means one to open a door..." He gestures to the three doors... "...and one to open it again if we are coming back this way, unless we prop it open, and thus leave it open to predation...and if there are other seals, then we must make sure we have chosen the door wisely. Five charges allows us to open one of these three doors, and then another door beyond, if there is one, and of course, the final door on the way out."

Garuneh turns to the party. "However, there's only one way to find out. I agree that we may as well choose the rightmost door, and consider nailing it open a crack. Perhaps there is something you can rig up, Elizabeth, so that anyone or anything that attempts to tamper with the door would cause it to swing shut?"


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

We could wedge the doors open with iron spikes or the crowbars. As for your suggestion, let me consider...

Using skills like Disable Device and Engineering to apply some knowhow. DM does the rolls, right?


male Halfling Oracle 3

"We should ration our chimes. Who knows whether the mysterious writer of this graffiti wanted to be helpful at all. Maybe it is purposefully misleading. Does anyone remember whether the last door was sealed behind us by the cleric - or did it seal itself automatically upon closing? Did she mention? If in doubt we'd better prop this one open."

In response to Garuneh's proposal: "What good would building such a trap do, Garuneh? Sure, it might protect our base camp from intruders. But in doing so it would also bar our own way back."

@DM: just to make sure: does the staircase we came down through end here? Or does it go further down?

101 to 150 of 1,622 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / City of Strangers - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.