Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

City of Strangers (Inactive)

Game Master Nebten


1,401 to 1,450 of 1,622 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>

"Looks safe or Is safe?"


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

I detected nothing like tripwires, pressure plates or other hazards that could spring a trap, so we can enter safely. There may very well be other dangers inside the room.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

"By my troth, this may be the largest pile of gold I've ever seen!"

Durnolf dismounts and cautiously edges in to the room.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh keeps his scythe ready and heads into the room, scanning for danger.


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

Elizabeth is ready as she enters with them, looking at her rapier and wondering if it would be better to use a short sword.


Durnolf's Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Durnolf walks into the entryway and is about to enter the room when he notices feathers fall silent before him. He furrows his brow then gives a nods with a mumble.

From around the corner, talon held daggers strike from the darkness.
Durnolf has cover, so +4 to AC

T1 Dagger: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 121d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
T2 Dagger: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 211d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Durnolf is scratched once by the attack. Flanking the door way he sees two crow-headed humanoids covered in black feathers. Their hands and legs end in powerful talons. They are cawing at each other.

Durnolf:
I have Durnolf at 3 hps and Ruckus at 1 hp. I reviewed previous posts and it looks like neither one of you got healed very much after the battle or "today". Let me know if that is about what you have.

Please hold actions. Aldous needs to act in the surprise round, then I will roll initiatives. Once this has been done, we can get actions going.

MAP!


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Cease and desist your attack at once! Kneel before me or face the legions of Hell itself!"

Aldous yells at the feathered assassins while casting silent image; a great swirling gaping "gate" forming against the back wall of the room.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 knowledge local to identify the creatures.


Durnolf's knowledge local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Aldous & Durnolf:
These are tengus. Aldous is able to remember the following: Like the crows they share physical traits with, tengus are naturally covetous, especially of shiny or colorful items, and prone to bouts of good-natured kleptomania if they don't carefully keep themselves in check. Vain and prideful creatures, they are easily persuaded with flattery. They are well versed in bladed weapons.

Aldous's Bluff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
They will react on their turn.

Heroes' initiatives: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Enemy's initiatives: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Heroes go first


male Halfling Oracle 3

Gunder moves forward to see whats happening. When he sees the first creature (T2) his eyes turn dark as he surrounds his enemy with the coldness of outer space.

Cold damage (Interstellar Void): 1d6 ⇒ 5


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh unleashes a blast at one of the creatures, intending to knock it back. "Stop your attack or we will slay you both!" he intones. (T2).

Surge: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

Elizabeth holds since she doesn't want to expose herself to the flanking attack.


T2 Fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The void the opens beside the crow man freezes his entire backside. As he tries to shake it off, he is knocked backwards into one of the nearby golden biers by Garuneh's surge.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Nebten:
I thought we had rested up for a couple days after the big fight


Durnolf:
No, only 1 night. The party moved on after only a nights rest.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Durnolf, suddenly cognizant of the fact that he and Ruckus have apparently been oozing blood since the last fight, do the courageous thing and beat a retreat to G56 with a withdraw action.

"They're just grave robbing Tengus, you can take them!"


Due to the cover provided by the wall, Durnolf is able move to the back of the group and (if he wants too, no AoO) re-mounts Ruckus.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Ah, yeah, that works.


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

Go get them Tina!as long as you arn't hurt too badly.


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

Elizabeth glares at the Tengu that she sees. Drop your weapons now or suffer the consenquences of our wizard!

Bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 131d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

The tengus scurry back into the shadows and out of anybody's vision.

"Hey, caw, hey! Stay back, stay back! You don't want none of this. We got big fockin' claws and big fockin' beaks. And we know how to use them. Caw."

Other caws and chirps can be heard but nobody understands what it means.

The heroes may go.


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

Gunder, can you give Durnolf a little healing?


male Halfling Oracle 3

Gunder casts a spell on Durnolf
CLW on Durnolf: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
(0/1 i. void; 4/5 spells)
"There. Are you feeling better now, Durnolf?"

"Does anyone know a good chicken recipe?" he asks, loud enough for the Tengu to hear.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Come forth and devour my foes, great devil! Accept the sacrifice of these feathered beasts and increase your power!"

Aldous continues concentrating on the illusion, which deepens and swirls. A vague, horned, humanoid shape begins to take focus in the background.

"Surrender now, tengus, and your deaths will be painless. Proceed in your foolish attack and you will know pain and suffering like you cannot imagine."

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 bluff

"Secure the humanoids!"


Gunder I have you at 3/5 for the day. You cast CLW at the beginning of the day.

Caa-Caw! Daggers fly at the hell-spawn figment Aldous produced.

Ranged Dagger attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 131d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

The daggers ring off stone wall with a clang.

Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 191d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

Save DC for the silent image is 15


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

Elizabeth nudges Aldous. Don't say you will kill them, now they'll fight to the death.

My brother boasts to much! You will not die but you cannot be allowed to wander these halls anymore. The Pharesmians are claiming ownership so both of you must leave the way you came.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh notices Gunder's actions and withdraws. He takes a moment to heal himself, cognizant of the imminent danger.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 Up to max hp, ready to attack the Angry Birds.

"It would be a shame to leave all of that gold to the birdmen," he says to Durnolf and Gunder.


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

We arn't here to get rich, but to do a noble task!


male Halfling Oracle 3

Sorry, I forgot about the other CLW.

"Of course we are, Elizabeth! But it wouldn't be very noble of us to let these grave robbers take all the gold. It is our duty to stop them. And to then take the gold with us. To protect it from future grave robbers."

Bluff (against Elizabeth): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
A natural 1. The dice seem to think that this argument wasn't very convincing.


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

Elizabeth wink-winks to Gunder to let him know she is pulling his leg.


Elizabeth Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Garuneh you've already cast CLW this morning. You need to perform another course of action.

"They are full of b0llocks, they are. This here is ours, ya' see. If you want some more, come in here and claim us."


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Gah, forgot the day like Durnolf. I'll just withdraw.


male Halfling Oracle 3

"Hey, bird friends. How do you think you are going to get out of that room with all your gold? And how long can Tengu survive on gold? I mean, sure it's nice and shiny and looks good in your nest. But last time I checked you can't actually eat it."


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

I do belive he is right. We can send out for those nice dumplings from the market while you two nibble on your gold.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

"Maybe order in a nice big poultry pie."

Durnolf takes a good look at Ruckus, dismounts dismounts : 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17, 5-ft steps closer to the door and takes a full defense.


It looks like we are at a stand off, so I'll move out of rounds for the moment.

"Caw, horse feathers. We can stay down here as long as you can, even longer. We eat like birds, remember? You got 2 halflings. They eat like pigs, or mate with them. I forget, ha! Besides there is plenty to go around, but this stuff is ours. So shove-off!


M Wolf that can't actually breathe fire

Garuneh, would you be able to tell us how many birds have to eat significant percentages of their weight in food every day?


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

Well I am not really up for carving up a couple of petty thieves. They don't seem any worse than Silvenous, just greedy. Let them get shanked by any traps.


Actually, I'm not going to move around of rounds. Carry on


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"Can we close this door up?" Garuneh looks at the door and takes a count of torches.

Is there another exit to the room? I say we box them in there and set some torches smoking near the door to give them a miserable and sick night. Then, in the morning, we open the door and take out the roasted birds.


The d'oh is no mo'. It is not present, non-functional, not within in this realm of reality.

There are no other exits observed.


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

An ex-door.

Well commit bloody murder over gold or not?


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Bloody murder? Hardly. More like urban pest removal. Besides, one of them stabbed Durnolf."

Aldous maintains the illusion for now.


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

So then since they won't come out we will have to go in then. I have no special items to throw in to help us.


male Halfling Oracle 3

"No need to hurry, Elizabeth. Lets at least wait till our Hireling Gustavo comes back with these dumplings. I don't want to kill any more grave robbers before lunch."
*wink wink*

"Hey, bird friends! What food have you got? Wanna swap rations? I have these delicious elf-cakes. They are delicious. And very nutritious too. I'd trade one of them against two of whatever you have."
Bluff (for food): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22

The "elf cakes" are his own rations (not the ones from the base camp). Gunder does honestly want to swap, and they really are delicious. But he does exaggerate their nutritiousness. So the bluff roll is for making them swap two for one, instead of one for one.

Sense motive: 1d20 ⇒ 16


A reply comes from a different pitch of squawking. "We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?"

Echoing through out the hall. "Elf-cakes? Those are like eating air. Have you ever seen a fat elf?

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Elizabeth's Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Instinctively, Elizabeth turns her head to look down the dimly lit hallway as she hears something. From the shadows down the hall, a grotesque creature pounces onto the observant rogue.

Bite Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 101d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Now before the party stands an other-wordly abomination. This human-sized entity has a perfectly formed and anatomically correct female human torso, but the resemblances end there. Its arms are unnaturally long and end in three wickedly curved talons. Its lower jaw splits into two monstrous halves lined with sharp teeth, below bulging red eyes. It glares deep into Elizabeth while its elongated tongue wags back and forth.

Beginning of Round 4, Heroes Go!

Map Updated


male Halfling Oracle 3

"Another hungry mouth to feed. How 'bout we all retreat and let our Tengu friends have a tea party with the newcomer?"

Gunder speaks to the creature in an encouraging tone, while nodding sideways towards the southern doorway.
"Go in there. There's good food for you."

He carefully watches the creature to see how it reacts.
He is holding his actions to see how the creature reacts when the party retreats (or if they retreat at all).


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"To base. Now.". Garuneh moves to flee.

We are way too low on resources today to fight.


Here's a Picture


I though it was a Lust spawn, you just comfirmed it.

1,401 to 1,450 of 1,622 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / City of Strangers - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.