Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

City of Strangers (Inactive)

Game Master Nebten


1,351 to 1,400 of 1,622 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>

Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

Aldous casts detect magic.

Spellcraft 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22 if necessary.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"The Iridian Fold," Garuneh says with a nod. "They are a mystery even to us Vudrani. One in veils from head to foot, the other in armor and chains, seemingly giving orders to the veiled one. Always men. I do rather wonder about their business," he says with a sly smile. He frowns after a moment.

"How they came to die here is a second mystery."


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Easy money they are undead just waiting for unaware adventurers.


Aldous:
You detect no magic within the room.


male Halfling Oracle 3

"Maybe they were the last people the church hired to look for Svil?"


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Elzabeth shrugs. Maybe. Shall we continue West?


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"Their business is their own, and always inscrutable. I doubt they would do such a thing. West it is."


male Halfling Oracle 3

Gunder nods and follows the others westwards, turning around and looking back at the dead iridian fold a couple of times.


Traveling west, the hallway turns south. After 20' there are stairs that descend 10' feet. Walking down these stairs are stairs that continue to descend to the west, they look like they end at a pair of doors. To the south, there are a set of stairs that ascend.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

So let us examine these doors.

Elizabeth will examine them.
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 +1 for traps.


Elizabeth walks down a set of stairs, reaches a landing, then walks down another set of stairs into the shadows and ends at a pair of bronze double doors. She looks over the doors carefully.

Elizabeth:
The doors do not appear to be locked or trapped.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Elizabeth waves everyone up to her. when they approach, she reports The doors appear unlocked and untrapped. Who wishes to head in first?


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

"I will take a look, m'lady."

Durnolf nudges the door open about a foot and guides Ruckus in a few steps.

Durnolf's Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Ruckus's Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Durnolf:
You nudge the door open. Through the doorway, a huge room opens up before him. It is hard to see details due to lack of light, but it appears very familiar . . .


"Just becareful, Durnolf."


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

"Nothing to worry about here, we've been through before.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Well let us head south then.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

" Lead the way."


The party travels up the short flight up steps then down a long hallway. The hall ends in an alcove then turns east. Dirt and rubble surround a hole in the south-west wall of this alcove. Within, a rough-hewn tunnel leads off into darkness. Two picks and a shovel lie on the floor in front of the hole.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Can anyone see in the dark and look into the hole?


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

Aldous casts dancing lights then steps back.

"Better?"


It appears to be a rough-hewn tunnel that leads even further into the darkness. Halflings would have no problem traveling through the tunnel, where as in some areas elves and humans would have to slow their pace.


"Sorry, I can't see in the dark."


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Let us try east, we'd be all cramped in there and if there is a monster inside we would be sitting ducks.


Looking to the east, the hall ends after 30' at a set of wooden double doors. Laid into the wall on the south is a single wooden door and to the north is a hallway.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Elizabeth will examine the door to the sount.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13+1 vs. traps.


Elizabeth:
The door does not appear to be trapped nor does it have a lock.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Door looks okay. Who goes in first, if we are going in?


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"Heavy hitters first," says Garuneh to Durnolf and Tina with a smile.

sorry, afk this weekend. I see storm tossed trees haven't blocked our way yet.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Durnolf nods, steps up, and opens the door.


Durnolf attempts to open the door, but is unable to do so. It appears something is barring the door.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Durnolf nods, steps up, and opens the door with his hammer.

1d10 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


"Should we break it down or look for another way in?"


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"After that hit, it's probably best we simply bash our way in. Who knows what's preparing for us on the other side."

Aldous will prepare to cast Silent Image of a calm, empty tunnel right in front of Durnolf if anything seems overly hostile when the door comes down.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Elizabeth stands ready.


The wooden door takes the brunt of the hammer's slam. A slat appears to have cracked. Nothing else occurs.

Aldous readies himself behind Durnolf while Elizabeth stand ready beside the door.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Grab your hammer in both hands and slam it with great force into your goal!


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Aye milady, that's generally how it works."

Durnolf does that until the door deigns to open.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

/innduendo.

I could always lend my aid by gripping the hard shaft and guiding it.


o.O

1d10 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
1d10 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
1d10 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

After three more swings, the door is smashed open. Biers of solid gold encrusted with glittering gems lie against the walls of this 10' by 25' chamber. Golden candelabras stand nearby, empty of candles, and the walls depict a glorious afterlife filled with riches and luxury, painted in bright pigments and gold leaf.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Why hello there! Looks like we might be able to retire early!


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"Watch out for angry invisible nagas!" Garuneh calls out, then suddenly regretting any further reference to snake like objects.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Don't touch anything! This is too good to be true."

Aldous casts dancing lights, followed by detect magic.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 Spellcraft, if necessary. (+2 if identifying items)


The dancing lights causes the gold and gems to sparkle with an illumination that would make most dwarves stop in their cups, if only for a moment.

Aldous:
You detect no magic other then your dancing lights.


"Never trust a silver platter."


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Guarded by traps up the wazoo and ready to hand us our heads if we touchy? No doubt. Shall we have a look anyways?


"Wine Not.
Though I think it should be a vote."


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Let us head in.

Elizabeth just checks the entryway for anything like a trap.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21+1 for traps.


Elizabeth:
You do not detect any traps in the entryway.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Looks safe.

1,351 to 1,400 of 1,622 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / City of Strangers - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.