Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

City of Strangers (Inactive)

Game Master Nebten


1,251 to 1,300 of 1,622 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>

Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Garuneh, Tina, let us go meet Esme. I'm sure Aldous would love to chat more with Svilnenius.


Currently I have Garuneh & Elizabeth leaving to meet with Esme. I was going to leave Gunder with Svilenius since his player is currently busy right now. Can I get a stay or go within the next 24 hours, otherwise I'll just have the rogue & druid venture ahead.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

And Tina. Garuneh doesn't like the plan and will be ready for melee.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

All set here.


Hopefully it not a Wrap, I mean a Trap.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

Will I have line-of-sight on where the others are meeting Esme? If not, Silvenius will have to come along until I can keep an eye on him and the team simultaneously. Otherwise, yes, I'm good staying with the alchemist.

"Please be careful. I do not want a repeat of the battle against this guy." Aldous will keep his bow in hand, arrow at the ready.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Elizabeth will head over to where Esme is, hopefully being able to knock on her door.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

I'm going to be at a con all weekend, so I think Durnolf will stay with Slivenius too. Feel free to take Ruckus along if you want though.


I know Elizabeth suggested it, but I need Tina to actual state what she is doing. A little more involvment from her would be welcomed too. Have fun, Durnolf!

Gunder & Durnolf (along with Ruckus) agree to guard Svilenius.

Aldous escorts Tina, Elizabeth and Garuneh down the hall. They procede down the hall for 40 feet. The corridor is interrupted by a 10-foot-square pit that drops into a familar shaft. A grisly heap of decaying body parts lies at the bottom of the shaft. The air is rank with the smell of rot, corruption, and pungent chemicals. The corridor continues on the other side of the shaft. From the pit's edge, Aldous has a good line of sight into the lab and down the darkened corrior.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Elizabeth points out a 3 inch ledge along the western wall. To balance and walk across this ledge would take some skill. Otherwise there are no other obvious way to cross the pit.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

we can tie a rope to Tina if she wants to try to go across. I am not very acrobatic.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"If you think that best. Let's illuminate the area first."

Aldous casts dancing lights into the lab area.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"Svil! How do we cross?" Garuneh remains hopeful in the face of increasing evidence of a TRAP.


Alas, no rope has magicaly appeared since last night.

"Hut, I always walked across. That smell never gets old, hut-hut."


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh tosses a copper piece into the pit.


The copper peices drops into an open palm of a severed hand. Nothing else occurs.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

He probably used magic. Elizabeth takes out some rope from the stash at camp and will secure everyone together.


Elizabeth, there is no rope. It was never given by the church and nobody bought any.

Quote:
Valanthe nods slowly as your specific requests are made. "I believe we can provide all but the rope. If this is agreeable, I will make the arrangements at once. If you feel you need to procure some rope beforehand, I'd understand - though I do think it'd be difficult to find some at this time of night."

Nobody ever left to buy rope before entering the Godsmouth. Why Idyll put it in the "Camp Stash," I have no idea.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

My misunderstanding, no rope then.


Tina wrote:
I think I will sneak along the edge

Tina starts to make her way across the narrow ledge.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Tina is able to make it across the pit. The hallway continues on before the monk.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Elizabeth waits on the other side of the pit for Tina.


"It's not that hard to get across, so come on."


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

WHoops, didn't change my avatar there.

I'm bad at this sort of thing, so I will stay on my side. I fnaything goes wrong just run out here.

No acrobatics means I have a big risk of falling for 2d6.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh glowers, frowning at the pit. "Svil...how, exactly, did you walk across?"


"One foot in front of another. Not too hard if your legs are long enough, hut.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

I believe that you used alchemy to increase your size and then just stepped over the hole. An effective way to block any threats from gaining access.


"Correct, hut. Besides walking, I guess one could climb or jump across. It really isn't that far, hut-hut."


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Just knock on the door, Tina. Say we are here to help her and Svilenius exit the Godsmouth.


"Alright"

she knocks on the door.


Tina walks on down the hall.

Tina:
Tina enters a large chamber that has a vaulted ceiling, and unlike the rest of the ossuary, bears a distinct impression of habitation rather than abandonment. Lit candelabras reveal old tapestries hanging from the walls to ward off the subterranean chill, and a thread-bare carpet covers the floor. Shabby furniture—a few chairs and tables, an armoire, and a dresser—flanks a large canopied bed in the center of the room, topped with satin sheets and a heap of lumpy pillows.

Upon the bed is a female figure. Its skin is rotting and putrid, and her hair is rank and lifeless. Her clothing and jewelry are formal, in the style of a southern belle. While typically fashionable, upon the figure it seems like garish and vulgar upon her decomposing body. To either side of the bed are two skeletal figures dressed in pale white Victorian dresses and hats. Their jaws chatter when you enter the room.

The figure on the bed stretches out length-wise and tosses her hair back over her shoulder while closing the book in front of her. "A new play-thing for Svile, are you? I hardly see a mark, he's improving. But beware, I don't like to share.


male Halfling Oracle 3

Gunder suddenly snaps to attention. He tries to gauge whether the long table in Svil's lab (or anything else there) would be long enough to bridge the shaft.


GM:
she diplomatically says
"Sorry, but I'm not one of his experiments.
Your both effectively being asked to leave this level of the crypt. Unless you want to be hounded by clerics of the Pharasma,
who'll be moving into this level.


One of the tables near the entrance looks to be long enough to bridge the pit. It is covered with different types of glass work with a number of alchemical reagents.

Tina:

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
That does rainy up my day, sugar. I thought I heard a ruckus down the hall. My Svily has a temper at times. I do hope he is well.

If you will excuse me, a lady must prepare for travel. Gather up them boards in the corner and bridge the gap. We will be out shortly.

Esme then goes over to a table to sit and starts to apply make-up to her rotting flesh.


She does as asked.


After a few moments, the Ulfan monk returns to the cross road with some wooden boards. She creates a make-shift bridge with the boards then crosses.

Several minutes later, three figures walk down the hall in measured steps. Leading the procesion is a woman dressed in Southern style gown (think Gone with the Wind). Her arms are covered in long gloves and her skirt shifts back and forth with her gait. Only her face is shown and that is covered in thick stage make-up. At a close distance, one can see the flesh peeling from her facial bones. Her flacid hair line hanges onto her scalp with taunt skin. Her blue eyes are very alive. They shift back and forth while the rest of her body movements are regal.

Trailing behind her are two skeletons dressed in fading cream-colored handmaid dresses. Their hands rest before their laps within lace trimmed hand warmers. They jaws chatter as they walk on down the hall.

"Where is my Svily? Oh, deary, what have they done with you? I must ask that you release him. He is not some thug, but a brilliant man of alchemy!" Esme announces.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

It is an understatement to say we had a hostile first encounter, but
we are offering a start in resitution. The Pharesians in the church above sent us to deal with the situation of stolen corpses from their Ossuary and have every intention of moving into this area. So after examining Svilneus's notes we decided to extend the oppurtunity for the two of you, and entourage, to escape into the Kaer Maga proper. It is not as hopeless as it may sound, there are places in the city where both of you would be accepted and your talents can earn a good 'living' perhaps enough one day to restore Esme.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Durnolf is very uncomfortable with their presence and eyes them suspiciously. He doesn't really have anything nice to say, so he decides to be a good knight and not say anything at all.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"We just need an alternative exit for you..." Garuneh can't help but stare a bit at the skeleton handmaids. This is very much not the state of nature for the druid.


Svilenius speaks up,"I know of a way. Please release these binds and give me back my books. I can lead my family away from here."


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Very well, we'll give you this chance, please do not dissapoint us. Elizabeth will help release Svilenius's bonds and allow him to gather up anything he needs to leave with. She does keep his alchemy supplies away in a casual manner until they are out of the Godsmouth whereupon she will give them back.


male Halfling Oracle 3

"I hope you won't mind if we escort you to the exit. Just to make sure nothing bad happens to you on your way out. I promise you will get your books back once you are back in the city."


Svilenius replies, "Hut, I do mind. You shouldn't follow us out. A large group exiting the church would look bad for all, hut-hut."

Esme agressively chimes in, "Now ya'll seemed like bonafide folk. But you all come into my home, attack my man, bind him, then demand me to leave my home has gotten me into a tissy. Now, I am trying to be a lady about this. He is a sad sop, but he's what I've got. Give him what he wants so we can depart.


male Halfling Oracle 3

Gunder looks confused. "Wait, wait, wait. 'Exiting the church'? I thought you knew another way out. One that doesn't go through the church. As we mentioned, the Pharasmines won't be happy to see you."

Sense Motive (on Svily): 1d20 ⇒ 15

Turning to Esme, he adds: "Please, we are trying to help you here. Bear with us and try to stay calm. We did only bind your man for his own safety. He was throwing nasty things at us. He could have hurt somebody with that. Believe me, there's nothing we want more than to release you two into the city."

Diplomacy (to calm down Esme): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Sense Motive (on Esme): 1d20 ⇒ 16


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Mighty fine rolls, Gunder.

"Surely you can see the logic in not walking out into a group of Pharasmins, Svilenius. You will immediately be overwhelmed."


Gunder:
Both are getting angry, but honest.

Svilenius replies to Gunder with a smirk across his face, "Hut, hut. I do. They haven't found me yet, hut. But if I bring a herd though, we'll all be put to judgement, hut.

Esme pulls out a lace fan, spreads it and begins to fan her self while craning her nose into the air.

To Garuneh, "Let me worry about that, hut-hut.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Very well, in the interests of not degenerating into another fight let us give him back his books. I believe when we reach his secret exit both of them will be able to exit safely while we head back into the Ossurary and exit through the place we originally exited.

Elizabeth will unbind Sivlenius and give him back his books along with 20 gp Just something so you can get a room for the night.

Elizabeth turns to the others. Let us get this over with, the more we argue the greater the chance that we will be discovered when we head up.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

Aldous hands over the texts.

"I do apologize for our introductory meeting. Perhaps we can exchange information in the future."


Elizabeth unbinds Svilenius. He greedly takes his books and gives Aldous a "Hut" in response to his offer.

Esme folds her fan and accepts the gold. "Bless your heart, sweety. There are kind souls in the depths of the Godsmouth."

Svilenius and Esme exit the room together, with their skeletal handmaidens following the train. They reach the nearby spiral staircase.

"Clio & Erato will stand vigil here, hut. Best you do not follow for the next hour. These stairs lead into a secret room within the church. The two of us should make it to Anker-Te without any entanglements, hut-hut."

With a final bow from Svilenius and a wave from Esme, they assend the stairs. The two dressed up skeletons remain at the base of the stairs, chattering along with the footfalls.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Elizabeth breathes out as they leave. Well now, what is our next course of action? The source of the stolen corpses has been dealth with.


"What a strange turn of events. I suppose we should map this place out. There's still the matter of our hearts and hands being reversed."

Garuneh looks at the two skeletons in dresses. "I hope they didn't go to their deaths," he says, peering past them. "Or to the deaths of the Pharasmins...I wonder what time it is right now."


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Well we will sonn find out. Perhaps if we reenter the rooms things will be put back where they belong.

1,251 to 1,300 of 1,622 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / City of Strangers - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.