Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

City of Strangers (Inactive)

Game Master Nebten


1,151 to 1,200 of 1,622 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>

patch up the healers, and get me up


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Durnolf takes a slightly more measured swing this time.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 231d10 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Goooo figure, once I have all the bonuses I roll great for the hit and crap for damage...


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7 1d8 ⇒ 1 damage

"Just. Stay. Down."


Durnolf's hammer lands flush on the man's chest followed by the sound of his sternum being crushed. He staggers around for a moment then falls backwards on to Gunder. The halfling's legs are trapped under the giant, dying man. Gunder's face goes white as a past memories flood his mind.

Aldous, you can save the arrow shot. Congradulations, you have defeated Svilenius Tripe along with Mr. Marrow & Atropos. Each PC earns 250 XP.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Elizabeth struggles to her feet to help push the mad alchemist off Gunder. Gunder! Elizabeth says as she sees if he is ok. Someone keep that crazy man from bleeding out, we need to haul him back.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

By my count, we have 733 very hard earned XP so far.

Garuneh helps Elizabeth roll off the enlarged corpse.

"Gunder, are you all right? ...Ruckus? Durnolf? Did we all survive?" The Vudrani's face is still pinched with concern.

He also steals a glance at the vats to make sure nothing else will burst out of them.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Of course, I knew that NOW I'd roll a 20. Called that. Dicebot, you got some splainin' to do.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Elizabeth crawls over to Tina to see if she is still alive.


Elizabeth finds Tina still breathing


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Does anyone know non magical healing?


male Halfling Oracle 3

"Can we have elevenses now?" Gunder asks with a faint voice.

You see a red potion dangling from Gunder's belt.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

I'll buy you eleven elevenses!. Check Rukus! Can I have your potion to heal Tina if it is healing? Elizabeth seems to be talking a mile a minute. Make sure the wizard diesn't bleed out, put out the fire! Perhaps she is in minor shock.


The creatures within the vats twitch and bounce against the edge of the tank every once in awhile. They don't appear to be animated though.

Garuneh and Elizabeth are able to pull Svile off of Gunder's leg.

1d20 - 2 ⇒ (8) - 2 = 6


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Wait, you want to keep this guy alive? To what end?"

Aldous offers his cure potion to whomever may need it.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

He was no doubt the one who was stealing corpses that the church of Pharesma was interring above. So we should bring him to them for judgement.PLaying up Lawful Good.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"I think we have delivered judgment, and besides, we need the potions for ourselves. We don't know what other dangers lie in these crypts. Let nature take its course. The Pharasmins, if nothing else, appreciate a properly dead body."

Garuneh takes 20 to search the place for other potions and items.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

"I'd happily substitute my hammer for nature in this case."

Durnolf checks Ruckus over to make sure he's at least stable.


Potionnnn count! Wolves and monks ned hel plz over alchemists. And I'm NG. I see no issue with cutting Svil's Achilles' tendons if we keep him alive.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

I will not argue if Tina and Ruckus are given the potion over the alchemist. Elizabeth will just see if she can stabilize him.

heal: 1d20 ⇒ 15


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

CLW potion for Ruckus

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

"Hopefully this will help."


male Halfling Oracle 3

"Thanks for getting me out of there"

Gunder gives the potion to Elizabeth.
"Yes, it is a cure potion. Here, take it and give it to Tina."

Then he staggers over to the other side of the room to check on Ruckus.
Heal (to stabilize Ruckus): 1d20 ⇒ 17

edit: ninja'd by Aldous. Looks like the elf already healed Ruckus while Gunder was still busy being stuck under a giant alchemist...

He gives Durnolf an encouraging pat on the shoulder.
"He needs some rest, but I think he is going to be okay."

Anyone else unconscious?


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Elizabeth will then pour the CLW potion down Tina's throat. CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

We can check the area for any of the alchemist's possesions and then we should head back up. None of us are in any condition to keep exploring.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Agreed. Hole up, rest up, head on when we are full-strength."


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"I wonder what he ate..." Garuneh can't help but look at the vats with a shudder.


Second time writing this, arg!

Garuneh starts to search the tables and bookshelves.

Elizabeth is able to perform some resuscitative messures on Svile to stabilize him.

Aldous pours the potion down Ruckus's gullet. The wolf awakes with lazy eyes at the elf and a quick nuzzle to his halfling master.

Elizabeth then goes over to Tina. The men watch on as Liz hold Tina close to her busom in a motherly manner. She pours the potion down her elongated throat. After a few moments, the Ulfan monk wakes up with a bit of drool down the side of her lips.

Evaulating the alchemist the party is able to identify the following items: acid (2), alchemist’s fire (2), smokesticks (2), tanglefoot bag,
thunderstones (2), masterwork studded leather, masterwork spear, alchemist’s kit, masterwork embalming tools, formula book, thieves’ tools, 84 gp. There are also 2 potions: one appears to be the same as the groups' Cure Light Wounds, the other is unknown. He also as a wand made of bone on his person.

Garuneh's search of the alchemist's lab brings up a few discoverys. The alcove holds the books and notes of the Chymists of Life in Death. The other looks to be a personal journal. As for the eating mystery, it appears that Svil used his alchemical equipment to make food. Spilt-over stews and boiled breads seem to be the main fare.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

Detect Magic followed by spellcraft to identify the two unknown magical items.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20 Spellcraft on Potion
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19 Spellcraft on Wand

[ooc]Lazarus extension for chrome or firefox is your friend. Prevents loss of filled in forms on webpages.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Once everyone is patched up, we should deactivate any ongoing alchemical processes, pack up everything we're taking, head back to our base camp area."

To Gunder: "I know it's a lot of walking, but I don't think staying here is the best idea at the moment."


Aldous:

Potion of Enlarge Person
Wand of Command Undead. 13 charges.
The spear is magical as well.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

It is a +1 spear

Also thanx for the heads-up on those extentions.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Well folks, we have a wand of command undead, a potion of enlarge person, and a magical (+1) spear. At least we didn't almost all die for nothing, eh? That and the cure potion we found."

Aldous starts a tally of the items in the margins of his spellbook.

"Anyone interested in any of that?"

"I should add...command undead is necromancy, which I don't work with. So if someone else can use it, by all means have at it."


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Elizabeth speaks up. I would like the studded leather. After a little work, I can wear it. Elizabeth divvies 14 gold to everyone. Perhaps evertone can take an alchemy item such as the acid for themselves. This can give us a little something extra in combat. Elizabeth helps pack things up and turn off equipment.


"Oww, .....
Man my chest hurts,.....
feels like I took a giant's club to the chest....."

she slowly gets up.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"It was actually an alchemical mixture of some strength, Ms. Valerius." Aldous offers a hand to assist her.

"Although I imagine that offers little in the way of comfort."


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"I can wield that wand, with some difficulty," offers Garuneh. He takes the evil-looking stick, examining it.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

I have been studying how to use wands and such but I doubt my skill is enough to use such wand right now. Perhaps soemthignt o be kept in an emergency?


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh hands the wand over to Elizabeth with a grin. "Emergencies are bound to arise."


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Elizabeth takes the armor for later resizing and tucks the wand into her pack.


Aldous and Gunder move about the lab to stop any current alchemial processes while the rest of the group prepares the body for departure. After a few moments, the group makes the slow walk back to their base camp. Svilenius grumbles a bit in his unconscious state but is otherwise harmless.

The party arrives back to their base camp without any event, but more exhausted then when they left. Bedrolls never looked so comforting.

Please continue on with any conversations you wish to have.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Elizabeth flops onto a bedroll. So what should we do now. Since we have a prisoner, we should head back to to the Temple to turn him over.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Can we say with certainty this is the person making all the undead? Have we explored the entirety of this complex? I hesitate to return before the actual threat is neutralized, since they would most likely just send us back down again."

Aldous grumbles a bit about Pharasmins and their lack of cremation rituals, "Although it would be nice to get a decent meal and some wine. And an actual bed to sleep in."


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"Ser Banderswel, would Ruckus be able to guard our alchemical friend? We could keep him tied up and clear the rest of the Ossuary. Or, we could just leave. Personally, as a plumber, I like to clear all blockages...it is better for one's prana...and thus, I would prefer to explore more." Garuneh is finally regaining some of his Vudrani poise after much toil in the Godsmouth.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Well, there is the passage that t-section where we went north and eventually foudn the big pit with the bone snake. We can go down the south passage.


The following are summaries of interesting sections of Svilennius's journal. It takes about two hours of reading to gather such information.

Forbidden Knowledge:

As of several months ago, Svilennius was an acolyte within the Pharasma clergy. His life took a change when he stumbled upon a secret entrance to the sealed lower levels of the ossuary deep in a disused area of the catacombs. What he found there changed his life forever. Svilennius discovered proscribed books from a heretical sect calling itself the Chymists of Life in Death. These tomes dealt with the creation of the undead through alchemical rather than magical means, which the sect believed provided a loophole around Pharasma’s prohibition against undead creatures.

This forbidden lore captivated Svilennius. Delving deeper into his researches, he grew disaffected with the church hierarchy and Pharasmin dogma. Things came to a head when his superiors discovered one of the banned books in his quarters. Svilennius was brought before an ecclesiastical tribunal, where he presented his newfound heretical views—the church could use the undead to support its works, increasing its manpower and solving the problems of space within the ossuary at the same time. Needless to say, Svilennius’s felt his ideas fell on deaf ears. The shocked church elders stripped Svilennius of his ecclesiastical rank and excommunicated him, branding him a heretic.

Svilennius vowed to put the Chymists’ ideas into practice and to lead an army of alchemical undead to conquer the Godsmouth Ossuary and overthrow the hidebound orthodoxy of the present church, ushering in a new age of living-unliving cooperation.

Esme:

Svilennius met Esme in Ankar-Te’s White Lady brothel soon after his excommunication. They instantly connected through their infatuation with necromancy. She had come to Kaer Maga in search of a cure to wasting disease that rotted her flesh and gave her the appearance of a decomposing corpse, even though she yet lived. Doctors and priests alike were unable to cure the disease.

In Esme, Svilenius found both a muse and a project—her strange infection fascinated and inspired him, and her wasted body was a canvas upon which he could create his life’s work. For weeks Svilennius worked feverishly to find a way to halt or cure Esme’s disease, yet nothing he did provided the proper treatment. However, Svilennius thought he had found a solution in his researches. Esme was doomed to die, but Svilennius believed that he could alchemically reanimate her with her intelligence and personality intact. With no other choice, Esme agreed.

Svilennius prepared his concoctions and extracts, and when they were ready, he slit Esme’s throat. As her blood flowed out of her body, Svilennius infused her veins with his restorative chemicals, converting her living tissue into an alchemical creation of life. With the process complete, he sat back to wait. According to his research, it would only be hours before Esme awoke to her new unlife, but 3 days later her corpse still lay unmoving on his worktable. His masterpiece an apparent failure, Svilennius destroyed his chemicals and notes in a fit of rage, but was unable to bring himself to dispose of Esme’s body. It was fortunate that he did not, however, for soon after, Esme’s eyes opened, and she arose from the table a new creature—an undead beauty with her mind intact.

Now most of Svilennius's efforts have end in failure. Once created, his undead minions obey him for a few days before having to reestablish control. Svilennius as yet been able to reach the level of success that he had with Esme. He leaves the lab only to acquire fresh corpses from the crypts above for new experiments, or to catch a few hours of sleep
when exhaustion finally takes its toll. Thoroughly obsessed with his work, Svilennius even curses the necessity of halting his work to “coddle” his messy, inefficient, parasitic living body.


Monolith:
Thassilon tomes state that the monolith is an artifact of great transportive and clairvoyant powers. After the blood is smeared upon the monolith, may perform a small incantation. Typically it would be in the form of the person or group's desire: "Send us to aid those in need" or "Fulfill my wishes, fulfill my greed." The monolith would then transport those involved to a location that best suited that wish.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Aldous:
You are able to follow the notes from the Chymists of Life in Death, but it days if not weeks to get the full understanding of them. It speaks of being able to use everyday reagents and being able to heal without the need to draw on mystical incantations or divine intervention.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Too bad this alchemist fellow could not follow the directives of the Pharasmins. His research could yield some significant advances in the non-magical healing field."

Also, that monolith may be a valuable means of transportation. It certainly warrants further investigation."


male Halfling Oracle 3

"I wonder where Esme is now. Does it say anywhere in the journal?"
Gunder flips through the back pages of the journal again, looking for a hint on her whereabouts.

Will Svilennius stay big, or does he shrink again after a while?


The journal implies that the two were intimate before and after her transformation. Other then that, there are no specific details as to where she would be located.

Svilennius returned back to normal size a few moments after the battle concluded. This made it much easier to transport him back. =v)


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Well there was that problem with undead and such. Pharesians would be all up in arms abotu that book no matter what.

Elizabeth curcls up on a blanket and uses her backpack as a pillow.


"We're not done yet, we also have to check this place head to toe."

Tina goes to rests in her bed roll and uses her pack as a pillow.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"Well then, I suppose we have to find her," Garuneh says with reluctance. "I don't share this obsession with hatred of undeath the way the Pharasmins of Avistan do. After all, my faith is one of reincarnation, which 'cheats' death in a way. ...However, at the end of the day, it appears this fellow did want to lead some sort of uprising which would be violent."

He chews on some boiled bread absently. "In any case, we have some cleaning up to do. Let's find her. As for the monolith, I have no opinion. I suppose it could help us."

What's everyone's HP at? I need to check--I think I lost 5 hp somewhere along the way.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

I am uninjured. Although I am down to about a dozen arrows.

"I will stay on watch for a bit. I want to read this Life of the Chymists some more and really understand what they are talking about."


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Down to 2/9

Well it does look like he is guilty of stealing bodies from above. I do think his sentence is a forgone conclusion if we hand him over.


I'm missing a few HP

1,151 to 1,200 of 1,622 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / City of Strangers - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.