Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

City of Strangers (Inactive)

Game Master Nebten


1,101 to 1,150 of 1,622 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>

Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Time to go, people. Mr. Angry just got a whole lot bigger over there."

Aldous steps back and readies an arrow against the alchemist.


Aldous, are you readying to fire the arrow as a standard action? If so, what is your "if/then" statement to shoot the arrow? Or are you maintaining concentration on the spell as a standard action?


Female Human Wizard 2 HP 16/16|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Groan...cheeseburgers...


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Healing potion count, anyone? If we try to drag our wounded out, we won't get far. I'm out of spells and low on suggestions save to try to heal now and fight (or heal now and RUN)


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

Sorry, that was unclear. Maintaining concentration on my illusion.

I have one potion left.


Female Human Wizard 2 HP 16/16|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Heal and run. Durnolf can grab Tina and Garuneh hauls Elizabeth out.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Ruckus is unconscious and dying still, I think.

Garuneh grabs Elizabeth and carries her at some incredibly slow move rate.


male Halfling Oracle 3

Gunder has one potion and one spell left. And I think Ruckus is unconscious but stable.

Gunder casts Spark on the first best thing lying on the table that looks flammable.
I hope setting his lab on fire will distract him for a while.

Then he waits for the injured to be dragged out before he himself starts to retreat.


Aldous takes a step back into the hallway and maintains concentration on the wooden wall.

Garuneh grabs Elizabeth and starts to drag her across the ground toward the near by exit.

Garuneh CMB vs DC 5: 1d20 ⇒ 1

It appears Elizabeth has been hiding some tastey-cakes in her backpack.

Gunder look at the table behind himto see if there is anything flammable.

Gunder's Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Upon the table, he spies some sheets of parchment spread about near the chemical reagents. With a Spark, they begin a small fire upon the table top.

Durnolf is still up.


Female Human Wizard 2 HP 16/16|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Elizabeth would be offended about that if she was able to hear.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

A grim expression on his face, Durnolf looks between Ruckus and Tina. "I'll be back for you, boy." He gets up, grabs Tina, and starts dragging her towards the hallway.

CMB: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


The halfling stands up and starts to drag the giant of a woman back into the hallway in which he came.

"GGGRRRRROOOOAAAWWWWWRRRR!" echoes throughout the labratory.

Svilenius Strength check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Svilenius Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Svilenius charges into the room, almost stumbling as he was expecting to crash through the wooden fence. He is now a giant of a man, nearly filling up the room with his girth. Svilenius enlarged frame now makes him twice as ugly with his spear twice as long.

Heroes are Up

Map updated, purple square is the space of Svilenius


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Well, that worked about as well as I expected." Aldous quips as he launches yet another arrow at the alchemist.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 damage 1d8 ⇒ 4

"Now get down this narrow passageway, I don't think he can easily follow us! Gunder, WATCH OUT!"

Aldous then moves back to where the hallway turns east.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Durnolf glares at Svilenius, drops Tina, hefts his hammer back up, steps up to the alchemist, then lets fly.

Hammertime.: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 51d10 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Shadow Lodge

M

Well, this is rather frustrating.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"Aldous, cremate us when this is over," says Garuneh through gritted teeth. He looks around to see if there is something in the vats to stop Svil, like broken glass or toxic stuff, and sends a surge pushing him that way.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Surge: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

thanks, dice.


Aldous's arrow flies from his bow and plinks off of Durnolf's helm. The strafing strike slowed the arrow just enough so that it was unable to pierce Svilenious's armor.

Durnolf steps up to the giant and swings his mighty earthbreaker at his knees. The halfling nearly looses his grip on the mighty hammer and he is still weakened from his brief visit to the Land of Bones.

Garuneh spies another humanoid figure in each of the vats like Atropos. He's not sure if the fluid inside would be toxic or not. A wave of dust and gravel rises up from the ground and tries to drive Svilenious toward the vat, but the man is too large to move.

Gunder is still up.


male Halfling Oracle 3

Gunder takes a 5-foot-step away from the enlarged enemy, then casts CLW on Elizabeth.
hit points gained: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

"That was my last spell. Lets get everybody out of here."

He draws his dagger as his move action.


Female Human Wizard 2 HP 16/16|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Elizabeth groans..


oh Gundy . . .

As Gunder starts to cast his spell, he left down his guard to Svilenius. He jabs his spear at the halfling in an attempt to break the oracle's concentration.

AoO Spear vs Gunder's AC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 172d6 + 7 ⇒ (6, 3) + 7 = 16

The oracle's armor deflects the spear head at the last moment allowing Gunder to heal his fallen friend. He then draws his dagger in preparation for the melee to come.

Elizabeth you may act in this round if you wish. You are currently squeezing with Garuneh and prone. Both your bow and rapier are in the same square with you.


male Halfling Oracle 3

Oh, right. Reach. Luckily I only forget one thing at a time ...

Gunder seems to have problems paying attention to minor details like large evil alchemists threatening him. He is saved from the unexpected attack by sheer dumb luck.

"Hey! Don't do that. I'm trying to concentrate here!"

It takes a few moments for it to sink in before he realizes how close he actually was to getting himself killed.


Female Human Wizard 2 HP 16/16|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Elizabeth grabs her rapier and starts crawling as fast as she can towards the doorway as long at it means she doesn't eat and AoO

Man, wish I bought a smokestick


With rapier in hand, Elizabeth crawls only 5' toward the nearest exit (which is highlighted in case of emergency).

The small fire on nearby lab table grabs Svilenius's attention.

Svilenius Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

"Oh-no! My work, not again! Not AGAIN!"

Svilenius reaches over everybody to put out the small fire Gunder has started. With such disregard for his surroundings, Durnolf & Elizabeth catch each others' eye. With a quick nod, they both attack the oversized alchemist.

Durnolf vs Svilenius's AC: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 211d10 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Elizabeth vs Svilenius's AC: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (17) - 2 = 151d6 ⇒ 2

Elizabeth just misses due to the awkward positioning of being on the ground. Durnolf smashes Svilenius's foot with his hammer. The man howls in a fit of pain. While the fire is put out, Svilenius's foot begins to swell and burn with pain.

Heroes May Go!

MAP UPDATED!


Am I still out Cold, or did I miss something.


Unconscious but stable.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"Hells," curses Garuneh. Can't get in there against a giant reach weapon without provoking an AoO, I think.

He casts Flare in Svil's face.


Round 9

As Garuneh begins to roll his eyes back and utter his spell in the druidic tongue, Svilenius drives his spear at the druid's gut.

AoO vs Garuneh's AC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 82d6 + 7 ⇒ (3, 2) + 7 = 12

The alchemist nearly looses his handle on the spear during the attack. Not fazed by the missed strike, Garuneh produces a bright burst of light in front of Svilenius's eyes.

Svilenius Fort Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

The flash of light dazzles the man-giant.

Garuneh you still have a move action if you want to use it.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"I really hate this guy, people!"

Aldous moves up behind Tina and looses another arrow in desperation.

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3 damage 1d8 ⇒ 5


Female Human Wizard 2 HP 16/16|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5
Garuneh Lasandarman wrote:

"Hells," curses Garuneh. Can't get in there against a giant reach weapon without provoking an AoO, I think.

He casts Flare in Svil's face.

Whoops. Note to everyone, make sure to say you are casting defensivly.


male Halfling Oracle 3

Gunder raises his shield in defense and squeezes past the vat.
(total defense + 5-foot-step diagonally to AJ-37; if thats not permissible he will go to AJ-38 instead)


Female Human Wizard 2 HP 16/16|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Elizabeth scrambles on her knees 5' to 39,AI and takes a stab at the giant man. Bitehim in the ankles: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 41d6 ⇒ 3


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

I have nowhere to move...wait. Yes I do. And Gunder and Durnolf, you are flanking, praise the Devas.

Garuneh moves closer, gulping. Which makes his reach weapon ineffective? Oh, of all the times to be fuzzy on rules...


Female Human Wizard 2 HP 16/16|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Is a 5' step possible without drawing AoO?


male Halfling Oracle 3

yes (click me)


ElizabethArdoc wrote:
Is a 5' step possible without drawing AoO?

Yes. I know that much.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

This time Durnolf is going to swing for the testes.

nuttap: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 171d10 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Oh, how I love called shots. They're the size of wagon wheels at the mo', aren't they?


Aldous nearly steps on Tina as he fires his bow as the arrow lanches into the ceiling.

Gunder keeps a close eye on Svilenius as the halfling tries to move around him.

Elizabeth continues to crawl across the ground as best she can. She takes another wild swing at Svilenius, but misses.

Garuneh closes in on his target after missing the log sized spear attack.

Durnolf swirls his earthbreaker twice before upper-cutting Svilenius in the sweets. Two pops can be heard with a pool of blood to develop within the pant seems. Svilenius nearly passes out but takes a few moments to gather his breath.

"You boot licking, maggot! HUT!"

Svilenius spins his spear in both hands and drives it down upon the halfling knight.

Svilenius vs Durnolf's AC: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 102d6 + 7 ⇒ (5, 5) + 7 = 17

Heroes Can Go. Finish Him!
Map Update


I'm surprise the guys don't need a save to not cring/be stunned, drop weapons etc


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18 arrow
1d8 ⇒ 1 Damage


Female Human Wizard 2 HP 16/16|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Ow dude, just ow. That is a viable Dirty Trick stunt though

Elizabeth takes a frantic slash at the staggering giant if he has not fallen. Stab: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 51d6 ⇒ 3

Elizabeth is reconsidering her line of work


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Durnolf follows up with a swing right at his center of gravity.

"Haaaaaaaaah!"

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 141d10 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Aldous's arrow finds the alchemists other knee. It causes him to double over, but he still able to fight.

Elizabeth squirms around on the ground after seeing the horror before her. She tries to stab at Svile again but also tries to avoid the tetering giant from landing on her.

Durnolf attempts to finish Svilenius off, but telegraphs his swing too much. Svilenius dodges out of the way at the last moment.

Gunder and Garuneh are up. No pressure, but if you don't drop Svilenius this round, Durnolf is going to get curb stomped.


M Wolf that can't actually breathe fire

Yes, that seems likely.

Gunder, you can step to flank with Durnolf, then....oh.


Female Human Wizard 2 HP 16/16|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Haflings ar epretty good at throwing daggers right?


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

"Gunder, we can't have elevensies 'til this giant dies!"


male Halfling Oracle 3

Gunder tries to stabs the alchemist's ankle with his dagger.
Attack (flanking with Durnolf): 1d20 - 1 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) - 1 - 2 + 2 = 0
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3

But again he is not paying proper attention (distracted by thinking about the food promised by Durnolf, perhaps?). He fumbles, and almost stabs himself.


Female Human Wizard 2 HP 16/16|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

All up to our druid now.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
damage: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3

i hate the dicebot.

Garuneh takes a swing with an obviously defective scythe.


Gunder slides 5' to gain the advantage with his halfling companion. He nearly stabs himself with the idea that he would physically draw blood.

Gunder is now flanking with both Durnolf & Elizabeth.

Garuneh has a difficult time taking large arching swings with his farmer's tool. He too is unable to land an effective strike on Svilenius.

Only two thoughts are running Svilenius's mind: nuts & knight, nuts & knight. One is going to pay for the other. The mad scienist attempts to impale Durnolf again.

Spear vs Durnolf's AC: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 72d6 + 7 ⇒ (2, 5) + 7 = 14

The gods are with the party as their luck continues into the fight . . .

I'm rooting for you guys, but on this page alone my dice have been 2,2,5,2. Funny!

Heroes Are Up! Starting Round 11
MAP UPDATE

1,101 to 1,150 of 1,622 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / City of Strangers - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.