Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

City of Strangers (Inactive)

Game Master Nebten


1,051 to 1,100 of 1,622 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Durnolf swings at Atropos again with another primal scream.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 71d10 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Tina flurries
attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Round 3

Durnolf's overhead swing lands short of Atropos. The flash burns around his hand make it painful for him to hold on to his weapon.

Tina tries to sweep the leg of Atropos but misses. She follows up with a solid jab to the face. The monk connects, but the strike doesn't seem to effect the zombie.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh takes a diagonal step towards Atropos, wary of the vats behind him, and swings again with the scythe.

Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5

Crumb.


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Undertable! Heal Ruckus if he can still be helped!

Elizabeth moves to AI,38 to stand behind Tina and jabs at Atropis. Flank this one!

Rapier: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 191d6 ⇒ 1


Garuneh squeezes between the zombie and his contained kin. His scythe is caught on one of the tubes over head throwing off his swing, thus missing Atropos.

Elizabeth slides up next to her dueling partner. Her rapier bends upon contact of the zombie's flesh, not even leaving a scratch on Atropos.

Gunder and Aldous are still up.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

You guys want me to lay down the Obscuring Mist next round? It could stop Svil's bombs from being effective. It also prevents Aldous from shooting...not to mention that Ruckus needs healing.


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Sounds ok


male Halfling Oracle 3

Gunder takes a step forward and casts Cure Light Wounds on Ruckus.
hit points gained: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
(3/5 spells left)


The glowing light from Gunder's hand heals some of Ruckus's wounds. His breathing is more regulated but the wolf is still not conscious.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

hey Aldous, True Strike this round, and you can shoot right through any obscuring mist that might arise. Just sayin!


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

Just the one true strike prepared, sadly. And my arcane bond is Dragon, my thrush familiar.

Aldous moves up next to the long table, fires again at the alchemist without the aid of any magic.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 damage 1d8 ⇒ 2


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Ah, low levels and spell books!


Aldous moves into position to make his shot. His arrow makes it through the battlefield before him but the hunchback nimbly dodges the arrow at the last moment.

Atropos's outstretched hands attempt to strangle Durnolf the same way it did Ruckus.

Slam vs Durnolf's AC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 111d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

"All too easy. Hut, Hut."

Svilenius drops another glowing blue piece of crystal into one of his leather gords. He shakes it up then blows the top of it. He then attempts to lob the bomb over his undead companion and into the lap of Elizabeth.

Frost Bomb vs Elizabeth's Touch AC +4: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 251d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

The bomb lands directly on Elizabeth's head, almost knocking her out. The explosion sends shards of ice in the direction of all of her adjacet allies and foes. Tendrils of frost wrap around the lithe rogue.

Fort save for Elizabeth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 Fail, Staggered for 1 round
Reflex save for Atropos: 1d20 ⇒ 2 Fail, 4 points of ice damage.
Reflex save for Garuneh: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 Save, 2 points of ice damage
Reflex save for Tina: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 Save, 2 points of ice damage
Reflex save for Gunder: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 Save, 2 points of ice damage.
Reflex save for Ruckus: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (18) - 2 = 16 Save, 2 points of ice damage
Reflex save for Durnolf: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 Fail, 4 points of ice damage.

As the ice shard strikes Durnolf's shoulder, he falls on top of his dying friend. Durnolf and Ruckus, unconscious, being to bleed out onto the alchemicaly scorched floor.

Heroes Turn
MAP!


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Elizabeth drops


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh, tears of disbelief and rage in his eyes, extends a hand and chants druidic phrases.

Obscuring Mist. Tina, please kill that Atropos so we can heal for a moment or three!


Elizabeth:
Elizabeth should still have 1 hp, but is Staggered from the Frost effects.


Round 4

Garuneh rage overcomes him as he recklessly begins to cast his spell. Atropos turns towards a new victim for him to feast upon in the druid's moment of weakness.

AoO Slam vs Garuneh's AC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 211d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Garuneh's Concentration Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Atropos claws at Garuneh's mouth as he casts. The druid's prayers are interupted, thus losing his spell.


Tina flurries
attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Zombies have DR5/slashing. best tumble after the alchemist so he doesn't throw more bombs at us.


Elizabeth, please stop metagaming. That goes double for things none of the characters know. Tina, you orginally armed yourself with your temple sword. I'm going to assume you stay with this action.

Elizabeth falls to the floor.

Tina arms herself with her temple sword and swings at the zombie. After a few distracting manuevers, she is able to slice through the forearm of Atropos. It's glowing green veins being to dim greatly.


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

If you don't like meta gaming, I understand and apoligise, but please don't drop Elizabeth because of it.


male Halfling Oracle 3

Halfling Luck, re-rolling Durnolf's saving throw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
well, never mind...

Gunder casts cure light wounds on Durnolf: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
(2/5 spells left)

"Someone, stop him from throwing these things!" he screams.

Then, remembering Aldous' advice, he takes two steps back.


Durnolf's eyes flicker awake after his friend infuses him with positive energy. The knight finds himself lying on the ground, but Atropos is distracted for the moment.
Durnolf, you may act now in this round, you are prone.

Gunder drops back into the hallway under the dancing lights.


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Hopefully a correction since I erronusly thought I was dropped.

Elizabeth withdraw actions to AK,49 and fires her bow at the bomb-thrower

Bow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 141d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Too many actions, Elizabeth. Remember, you are staggered from the Frost Bomb. For future reference, you need a +1 BAB to draw a weapon while moving and a withdraw action is a full-round action.


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Elizabeth just withdraws then


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Swing at his ankles!: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 11d10 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"This is not good. Not good at all."

Aldous fires another arrow at the alchemist, hoping for a lucky shot.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
1d8 ⇒ 2


Elizabeth shuffles back into the corner of the lab to avoid any collateral damage (AK39).

Durnolf swings at Atropos, but is barely able to get his hammer off the ground to make an effective attempt.

Aldous fires another arrow, but it strikes the wall off to his right.

Ruckus's Stabilization: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12 Stablized

Atropos continues to maul Garuneh.

Slam vs Garuneh's AC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 71d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

"Hut, Hut, Hut. " Svilenius pulls out another vial and slowly drinks it as if it were a cool glass of lemonade on a hot summer afternoon. Soon after, Aldous's arrow pops out of the man's flesh.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Heroes Turn
MAP!


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh, bleeding from the face, moves to get cover from Svil's splash attacks, and swings again at Atropos.

Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6

:| Please tell me you don't do critical misses.


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Elizabeth drop her rapier and draws her bow. If possible(Or this will need to wait a round) She fires at the bomb thrower.

arrow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 231d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

confirm crit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
crit damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 51d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


male Halfling Oracle 3

Gunder walks into the room again and casts Interstellar Void on Svilenius.
Cold Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3


Garuneh nearly drops his scythe as the ice numbs his hands.

No I don't, but we can discuss such options for the future

Elizabeth pulls her bow and in a swift action knocks her arrow. Her aim is true, and shoots the hunchback in the knee. The rogue smiles and flicks her hair behind her shoulder. She then coughs up a bit of blood.

Elizabeth, you only did 3 pod. I don't know where the extra 2 pod came from, since you don't have strength or a magical bow. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Gunder's eyes turn black as a void of space and time open up behind Svilenius, freezing his backside.

Svilenius' Fort Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 Saved


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

swing for the knees!: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 61d10 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


"I think it's time I slice"
she quickly draws the temple swords
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5
Nebten wrote:

Garuneh nearly drops his scythe as the ice numbs his hands.

No I don't, but we can discuss such options for the future

Elizabeth pulls her bow and in a swift action knocks her arrow. Her aim is true, and shoots the hunchback in the knee. The rogue smiles and flicks her hair behind her shoulder. She then coughs up a bit of blood.

Elizabeth, you only did 3 pod. I don't know where the extra 2 pod came from, since you don't have strength or a magical bow. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Gunder's eyes turn black as a void of space and time open up behind Svilenius, freezing his backside.

[dice=Svilenius' Fort Save] 1d20+5 Saved

I made a mistake there and erroneously added 2 damage. It was supposed to be only 1d6+1 due to pointblank shot .


Durnolf swings again for the zombie's knees, but is unable to get a proper angle on the attack.

Tina cuts down Atropos with a large cut across its jaw and through its left chest cavity. Its rank guts pour out over Durnolf and Ruckus below.

Svilenius smiling face becomes stern as he is the last man standing.

Aldous is still left to go.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Die you foul beast!"

Aldous fires once again, 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 damage 1d8 ⇒ 8


The arrow grazes Svilenius's armor, breaking on the boiled leather. He gives the elf a finger waggle.

"You will join Atropos in hell, she-devil! Hut-HUT!" Svilenius again mixes a glowing blue, misty bomb. He hefts it at Tina with a loud grunt.

Frost Bomb vs Tina's Touch AC: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 211d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Tina's Fort Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Elizabeth Reflex Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 Fail, 4 points of ice damage.

The bomb lands squarely on Tina's chest and explodes in her face. The concusion knocks the monk off her feet. Her face and arms bleed out from the icy shrapnel as she lies on the ground dying.

Elizabeth tries to dodge out of the way, but is unable to do so. Shards of ice pierce her belly. She tries to hold the blood in, but is unable to do so. She falls unconscious and continues to bleed out.

Tina is dying. Elizabeth is dying.

Heroes' May Go
MAP!


ouch!


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Durnolf whips out his potion of cure light and downs it.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

>_____________________________________<


Stablize: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

stable


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Stablize: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (20) - 2 = 18

Stable


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"This will hold you!"

Aldous casts silent image, in the form of a wooden wall, pop up just before the alchemist.

He then moves toward the hallway we entered this room from.

Hope this works...


Round 7

Durnolf pulls out his iron vial and drinks its contents. After a few burn wounds heal, he tries to drink some more. He turns it upright and looks into the vial to see if there is any more. He shakes it, shakes it again and one more drop comes out. He tries to crush the iron vial with a fit of anger only wince at the pain from his burnt fingers.

The bleeding spontaniously stops for Tina and Elizabeth.

From Aldous's fingers, the image of wooden planks shoot forth toward Svilenius. They strike the stone ground to build a solid palisade in front of the mad man.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

"Hut, hut, what?!?

Aldous keeps his eye on his wooden wall as he makes his way down the entry hallway.

Gunder & Garuneh are still up.


male Halfling Oracle 3

Gunder runs towards the tow unconscious women. There he hesitates for a moment, clearly unsure which one to cure first.

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe ...
He chooses Tina: CLW on Tina: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
(Last spell is up next.)


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Oh yesh.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh moves to Elizabeth, muttering words.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

suckdice.


Gunder and Garuneh move in close to their fallen felmae friends. In appears in this room where man played god, their own gods have forsaken them. Seeing that that neither one awoke, a grim realization comes across Gunder's face.

Healed Tina & Elizabeth, but they are still both unconscious.

"Hmm, hut. Boards of wood won't stop me!" echo from the northern hallway.

Aldous:
You are able to "see through" the illusion. You spy Svilenious pull out a potion a drink it. With in a matter of moments, he doubles in size with his presence filling up the entire northern passage.

Heroes can go

MAP!

1,051 to 1,100 of 1,622 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / City of Strangers - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.