Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


City of Strangers (Inactive)

Game Master Nebten


1,001 to 1,050 of 1,622 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

Female Human Wizard 2 HP 16/16|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

All ready to go. Meow. Just tell me if you want to go ahead of me.


male Halfling Oracle 3

Gunder is relieved that Elizabeth's mentioning of the backdoor was largely ignored.

He double checks once again that he is wearing his armor, before signaling the others that he is ready to go.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"Ahem...your blessings, Sir Undertable?"


male Halfling Oracle 3

"Of course, Garuneh."
Gunder casts his orisons on everyone at the last corner.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh then pats Ruckus with a spell charged hand. "Bite them hard, my friend."


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

I am ready whenever you all are.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Durnolf peeks around the corner to see if the zombie or the alchemists are still visible.


Gunder please see the Discussion board. For the sake of simplicity, only Ruckus, Durnolf & Aldous recieved the orison bonuses unless you provide a different line-up.

Round 1
Durnolf doesn't see the zombie or the human down the hall, but lights and shadows flicker about.

Map


Female Human Wizard 2 HP 16/16|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Ready to rumble


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Durnolf turns and whispers to Aldous, "I don't see 'em anymore. Think we could get a repeat performance of your light show from yesterday?"


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Of course."

Aldous casts dancing lights down the hallway.

"Better?"


Aldous moves ahead of Durnolf and Ruckus to cast Dancing Lights at the end of the hallway.

The light improves the illimination within the hallway, but does not reveal Mr. Marrow or his companion at this vantage point.

"What, what?"


"I still don't see much?"


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Durnolf hustles up to AH42 and, if he can see the alchemist from there, urges Ruckus forward to take him out.


The knight braves his way toward the room's entrance.

Durnolf:

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Double move action to get to AH42. You don't see the human from where you are at, but you definatly see Mr. Marrow around the corner to the right (AI40).


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

"Ruckus, kill the live one!"

He should be able to reach just about anywhere in the room and still attack. I spent the extra Trick to teach Ruckus to attack undead as well as living things, so I'd think he'd be able to distinguish between them. If not, he'd probably go after the zombie then. Assuming he gets through, if the zombie's flatfooted, great, if not, he'll just provoke, moving through.

Bite/Trip: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 211d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 51d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Ruckus gives a low growl and pads his way forward. As soon as he crosses into the room, the readied seersucker suit wearing zombie slams Ruckus.

Slam vs Ruckus's AC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 231d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Ruckus is knocked into the nearby wall. He whines but continues on into the room. Once the wolf reaches the bookshelf he lets out a small howl and bites into the man within his library.

"What. ARG! I'll stew you for supper, hut!"

Durnolf & Aldous have gone. The rest of the party may go.


Female Human Wizard 2 HP 16/16|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

HUT HUT HUT! CHARGE!

Elizabeth follows the others into the room, hopefully able to flank with Tina.


Elizabeth decides to wait a few moments for the remainder of the party to enter the room.


Female Human Wizard 2 HP 16/16|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Have we even rolled initiative yet? I will wait for that, and I did say I was following the others in and not rushing ahead.


male Halfling Oracle 3

"Hut hut, What are you waiting for, Liz?"
Gunder casts virtue on Elizabeth and then begins to run towards the room.

He is passed by several slugs crawling aimlessly along the corridor wall, which are still faster than him. But at least he is wearing his armor this time.


Female Human Wizard 2 HP 16/16|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Waiting to team up with Tina .


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh heads into the room, scythe ready to chop chop.


Daruneh double moves into the room to AH40. Mr. Marrow takes his oppertunity to meet the druid at the door with the traditional zombie greeting. MMAAAAHHH!!

Slam vs Garuneh's AC +4: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 111d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


"It's time to kick some A$$"

Moved to AH-43


"You dare invade the sactum of Svilenius Tripe! I will make you all apart of my army. Atropos, to me! Hut-hut HUT!"

Svilenius pops the top of one of his viles and drinks it (no AoO). He begins to laugh, each chuckle getting louder and deeper.

The creature within the last vat bursts out its glass cell . The glowing green sludge contained within pours out of the floor with a smell of rot and rank. Atropos's flesh is pierced with a number of tubes and wires. These snap spraying fluid as the zombie charges towards Ruckus. "ROAW!"

Slam vs Ruckus's AC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 241d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Mr. Marrow swings at Garuneh again with a lumbering moan as it tries to close in on the druid.

Slam vs Garuneh's AC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 121d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

The Heroes may go.

Map!


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh takes his five foot diagonal step and slashes at Mr. Marrow.

Atttaaacckkk: 1d20 ⇒ 12
Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6


M Wolf that can't actually breathe fire

aoo from ruckus when tripe drinks.: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 51d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 41d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


Round 2

Garuneh parries Mr. Marrow's hay-maker and slides to his left. The druid slashes the zombie cutting a wide swath from its fine suit and staining it with ichor.

Ruckus doesn't get an AoO (see above post) because Tripe performed a supernatural ability.


Female Human Wizard 2 HP 16/16|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Elizabeth moves up behind Tina.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

Aldous casts true strike in preparation of shooting Tripe.

He also five foot steps directly ahead.

"Beware the other creatures in those tanks."


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1
Nebten wrote:
Ruckus doesn't get an AoO (see above post) because Tripe performed a supernatural ability.

I was just going by what Sean K Reynolds said here, but whatever you say, boss.

Durnolf hoofs up to AH39 and yells "Ruckus, heel!", then takes a swing at Marrow.

earthbreaker: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 171d10 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Ruckus 5-foots to AH38 then bites at Atropos.

gnashing of teeth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 41d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 81d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Elizabeth slinks through the hallway, queing up to get into the frey.

Aldous's elven eyes narrow as he can focus in all objects near and far.

Durnolf tromps into the room. Mr. Marrow gives his standard greeting to new vistors.

AoO Slam vs Durnolf AC +4: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 231d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Durnolf's helm rattles around after the attack. The gallant halfling takes it in stride and reciprocates in kind with a heavy strike to Mr. Marrow's knees. Bones crack and pus pockets explode but the zombie dandy still stands, barely.

Ruckus heels to his master then attempts to bite at Atropos. His wounds provent him from making a leathal attack on the undead.

Tina and Gunder are still up.

OOC:
Thanks for pointing that out Durnolf. I was of the same mind as you and SKR, so I did a search on the same subject. While nothing was offical, the overwhelming response was that Mutagens didn't provoke AoO. So that's what I went with. Weird part about the thread you quoted, later on SKR says that (Su) shouldn't provoke AoO's. Yet he doesn't expand on the issue on how that relates to Alchemists! ARG! =v)

The overall result is that Ruckus would have missed his AoO. I will be playing that Extracts & Bomb use will provoke AoO's.

On a side note, I would so kill for a lightning bolt right now.


male Halfling Oracle 3

Gunder moves forward, but there are many people in his way.
"Whats going on there? I can't see anything. Are we winning? Where's our hut hut friend?"

He readies Doom and will cast it on Svilenius if he can get a line of effect on him.


Female Human Wizard 2 HP 16/16|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

I think Durnolf took a big hit! You better get ready to heal, perhaps get in front of me.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh moves again, and slashes again at Mr. Marrow, his face grim.

Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6


male Halfling Oracle 3

"I can't - unless you take a step to the side, Liz."


Female Human Wizard 2 HP 16/16|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Elizabeth obliges


male Halfling Oracle 3

"Thanks."
Instead of readying that spell, Gunder moves another 10 feet forward.
I moved your token on the map. I hope you don't mind.


Since its been over 48 hours since the heroes were allowed to go, I'm going to act for Tina.

Elizabeth slides over to allow her halfling friend further up into the combat room.

Tina moves into he room (AH40) to face Mr. Marrow. With his slack-jaw open, the monk delivers a ridge hand to the clavicle of the zombie.

Unarmed Attack vs Mr. Marrow's AC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 161d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

While the strike was true, Tina's hand slides right off the ichor stained suit, leaving Mr. Marrow unaffected.

Bad guys go

Since shuffling his feet would be too much effort, Mr. Marrow performs his customary greeting to Tina. Some cultures believe a kiss on the cheek is adequate, Mr. Marrow just wants to eat Tina's face.

Slam vs Tina's AC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 91d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Atropos continues his assault on Ruckus in a mindless rage of scratching and clawing.

Slam vs Ruckus's AC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 241d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Crit confirm vs Ruckus's AC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 111d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Ruckus falls limp after Atropos grabs on to the wolf and squeezes the breath out of him. After the undead is done, it shuffles forward five feet (AI38)

Ruckus is dying.

"Hut, Hut. A new mantle for my bride. Best preserve it.

Svilenius comes out from around the corner. He appears bigger in stature, his leather fit him more snug. While he still has a hump coming from his back, his gait is more fliud as he makes his way toward the northern hallway (AH34).

"You be a good boy, and sit! HUT!" With deft hands he pulls out vial and drops in a glowing blue rock. Cool mist comes out of the top of the vial and trails it as Svilenius throws it at Durnolf.

Frost Bomb vs Durnolf's Touch AC: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 111d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Direction of Miss bomb: 1d8 ⇒ 5

The bomb goes over the knight's and the monk's head, landing just behind the monk.

Reflex save for Tina: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Reflex save for Mr. Marrow + cover: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Both save, Tina & Mr. Marrow take 2 points of cold damage.

Mr. Marrow colapses after taking the splash damage.

Heroes Turn

Since Mr. Marrow is no more, Garuneh can perform a new set of actions since he acted before the group was allowed to go. I'm going to reset his position.

MAP


male Halfling Oracle 3

"Now I can see you!"
Gunder says in a delightful, yet menacing tone.

He casts Doom on Svilenius, then moves two steps forward.

Haven't forgotten about healing - but there's no way that Gunder can reach Durnolf (or Ruckus) and still cure him in this round. Also, attack is the best defense. So lets hope that Svilenius fails his save.


Female Human Wizard 2 HP 16/16|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

I could always carry you. :p

Edit. Elizabeth grabs Undertable and moves to AI,40


male Halfling Oracle 3

You can still do that if you want :)


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh blasts Atropos backwards with a gout of water, back towards the vats, in order to clear the area.

"GUNDER! Help Ruckus!"

Surge: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Assuming that works, he moves behind the vats to AK-38.


Tina Moves to AJ-39,
and Attacks
attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Gunder gives Svilenius the evil eye! .

Svilenius Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Svilenius grabs his face and tries to claw something off that isn't there. He is shakened.

Elizabeth grabs Gunder by the collar and drags him further up into the room.

The ground rumbles as a wave of stone rises up. It pushes Atropos back 5 feet to give Ruckus breathing room. With a nod of satisfaction, Garuneh tucks himself behind the vats.

Tina steps up to the glowing zombie and gives it her best strike, but misses. I'm going to move Tina to AJ38 to be in range of Atropos after the Surge push.

Aldous & Durnolf are still up.

Map Updated


Female Human Wizard 2 HP 16/16|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Elizabeth will set Undertable down promptly.

Ruckus needs help!


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Durnolf steps up to Ruckus and lets loose on Atropos with a cry of rage.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 101d10 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

Aldous moves just behind Gunder, and looses an arrow at the alchemists.

Using Gunder's guidance & true strike: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (15) + 24 = 39 damage 1d8 ⇒ 7

"Take him down quickly! And don't cluster together!"


Durnolf emotions get the better of him as he is barely able to swing in the direction of the zombie.

The arrow leaps from Aldous's bow with a magical light streaming behind it. Sailing over Gunder's & Durnolf's heads, is hits the center of Svilenius's chest.

Ruckus's bleed: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1 Ruckus looses another hp.

Atropos let's out a moan that could be confused as a sick chuckle. It assaults the enraged knight.

Slam vs Durnolf's AC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 101d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

"Hut, hut. It might be nice to have skeletal knight on his undead dog."

Svilenius pulls out a tar-topped jar and quickly snaps his nail across its top. A spark, and then a flame appears. With a sick smile crawling across his face, Svilenius lobs the bomb at Durnolf.

Bomb vs Durnolf's Touch AC: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 181d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Reflex for Atropos: 1d20 ⇒ 9 Fails, takes 4 fire pod
Reflex for Ruckus: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (19) - 2 = 17 Saves, takes 2 fire pod, but not bleeding any more.

The bomb lands on its mark, nearly knocking Durnolf off his feet. The fire-blasted knight remains standing, ready to defend his fallen companion.

MAP!

Heroes May Go

1,001 to 1,050 of 1,622 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / City of Strangers - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.