Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

City of Strangers (Inactive)

Game Master Nebten


951 to 1,000 of 1,622 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

male Halfling Oracle 3

"yawn - what's for breakfast?"


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Elizabeth is all set to go. Time to see what those zombies and skellies were about.


"For breakfast it's trail rations."


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

"I dread to think we'll have to survive on trail rations for very long down here. Let's be about it, so we can clear the rest of this hole."


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh looks up from sharpening his little-used scythe. "I'm ready. Let's neutralize a necromancer."


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Maybe we can find some centipedes to roast.


After the morning's breakfast, warm-up exercises and mystical studies, the group returns the guard room. The rotting stench appears to be stronger in this room as rats scurry from the corpses when the party enters. The door still stands open before them leading into a 20' hallway.


male Halfling Oracle 3

Gunder is complaining all the way back to the guard room.
"... nothing but field rations to eat. And let me guess: tomorrow it will be more field rations for breakfast. After we walk all the way back to the base camp again, of course... "

As they enter the guard room he finally stops his rant and becomes more calm.
"Now remember: don't get yourself hit, so Garuneh and I don't have to heal you that often."
He eyes everyone as he distributes his Guidance and Virtue spells to everyone.


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Elizabeth makes sure to keep an eye out.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"We could have moved base camp, Gunder, I do suppose...oh, and do you have armor today? Tonight? I've lost track of time."


male Halfling Oracle 3

Gunder is quiet for a moment while he double checks that he is indeed wearing his armor. He is.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"To the labyrinth, once more. Let us be more effective than previously."


Traveling down the hall, immidatly to the right is a small alcove. After passing it, the hall turns left, then snakes back right. After several feet, the hallway opens up into a small chamber. A stone staircase fills this small chamber, curving up in a spiral to disappear through the ceiling. The hallway continues northward.


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Elizabeth checks the area for hazards.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Elizabeth notices stairs . . . and they go up. Otherwise no other hazards within the chamber.


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

North or up?


male Halfling Oracle 3

1d2 ⇒ 2
"Up. But watch out for darkmantles - or traps."


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

"I'd rather clear this level out first to be honest. If we have to get out quickly, I don't want us to have to fight our way out. Take that as a lesson in knighthood, lads. Never leave your back exposed to the enemy."


male Halfling Oracle 3

"Yes but if we head north then we leave our backs exposed to whatever comes crawling down this staircase. There are no safe turns in this city. Take that as a lesson in the asylum stone, Durnolf. But if your knight-sense tells you to go north, then by all means, lead the way."

Gunder gestures Durnolf to go north.

Gunder will cast his protective orisons again when the group starts to move on.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"I agree. North to clear this level before we travel up OR down."


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Elizabeth nods in agreement


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh nods in agreement as well.


The acrid stench of chemicals and reagents fills this chamber, and the walls are marred by strange stains and scorch marks. Several tables are scattered about the room, covered in a bewildering plethora of glassware, alembics, retorts, tubes, simmering cauldrons, and smoking beakers full of brightly colored liquids. Scattered pages of written notes in a crabbed hand lie strewn about the chamber. A large alcove in the northwest corner contains a bookshelf groaning under the weight of heavy, dusty tomes and scrolls.

Three large glass vats stand against the eastern wall, filled with bubbling green fluid. Floating within the vats are three grotesque objects—putrescent corpses, tubes and wires embedded in their rotting flesh, their skin discolored with decay and chemical stains.

Within the dim glow of boiling reagents, two hunched over humanoids can be seen. One is clearly a zombie, but it is dressed in a seersucker suit, red bowtie and straw Panama hat.

The other man wipes his mouth with the back of his hand while brushing back his long, stringy black turning grey hair. He is dressed in explorer's leathers accented by a large hump arrising behind his neck. He gives off a haggard-sickly appearance. He hobbles about with the assistance of a finely crafted spear. A large number of pouches and vials fill his utility belt.

After a moments glance, the man he continues to scrible notes on parchment. Keeping his back turned to the party's entrance he says in pressured speech, "No guest, no guests. Please leave, please leave. Hut-hut."


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

What about this one? Wonder how he got here


male Halfling Oracle 3

Is there any place on Golarion where people dress in a seersucker suit, red bowtie and straw Panama hat? Or does the zombie look like he is from another planet?

"Sorry for trespassing. Me and my friends here are new to this part of the undercity. We don't mean to disturb you in your business. But since we are kind of lost: could you show us the quickest way back to the surface?"
Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Bluff: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

Detect Magic to determine if anything radiates magic. Preferably from the doorway.

1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 8 + (5) = 14 Diplomacy with action point used.

"Perhaps I can be of assistance in your alchemical work. I have been known to be quite handy with such matters, from time to time."

Whispering to the group: "Be ready for anything...I do not like the look of this fellow."


The Taldan courts have all variety of dress. Who knows. Off hand, the DM doesn't know if there is a "plantation south" region of Golarion.

Also, I don't know where Aldous is getting Action Point die from. Different game maybe? In either case, the man's mood didn't improve.

DM rolls, no looky!:

Sense Motive vs Gunder:: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

"Hut. Not through here. Go back the way you came, ya 'lil maggots. Mr. Marrow, show them the way out! Hut-hut.

The zombie in the fashionable suit response when called Mr. Marrow and starts to lurch towards Gunder & Elizabeth. With both arms raised, it begins to moan.

Aldous:
Round 1: You detect the presence of magic


male Halfling Oracle 3

"Okay friends, you herd the gentleman. Lets not disturb him any longer. 'Hut Hut'."

Gunder slowly retreats back into the corridor and gestures the others to follow him. He tries to stay out of Mr. Marrow's range. But just barely so, because he also wants to find out how far he can lure the Zombie away from his master.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Indeed, I apologize for the intrusion."

Aldous backs up, concentrating on detect magic.


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Hut hut indeed. Let us return from wence we came.


Aldous:
You detect 6 magical auras. None are stronger then Faint in strength.

The group falls back into the hallway. Mr. Marrow only travels until the doorways then stays there to 'watch' the group disappear around the corner. The party finds it self back in the guardroom with the two fallen undead.


male Halfling Oracle 3

"Looks like we found our necromancer. Hut hut. What now? He seems to be too busy to talk to us..."


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Well if anyone would be stealing corpses. Hut Hut. It Would be him, should we rush him and drag him down?


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

"Can do, M'lady."


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"Odd that he didn't see us as a threat. What does he have in backup? However, if we knock him down--and out--he won't be able to toss spells nor vials at us. How shall we proceed? I can augment Ruckus' bite with a spell I've prepared."

Garuneh pauses, then adds, "Hut hut."


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Well let us buff ourselves up meow as needed and charge. I'm sure Durnolf can reach him before he casts a spell.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Durnolf gives Elizabeth an odd look. "I bet Ruckus can, M'lady Kitten."

:P Where are we now? Is the map accurate? Durnolf can always dismount and send Ruckus in. He'll get a lot further unencumbered.


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Super Troopers ref. ;)


The meow is accurate. The party is currently in the meow room where they fought the meow zombie & skeleton.


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Well no time like the present! Let's go get him!


male Halfling Oracle 3

There was a back entrance, that probably isn't guarded by a zombie now. But better not mention it, lest these people will want to walk some more.

Gunder nods eagerly. "Yes, lets go. I'll distribute my buffs at the last corner, after the stairs."


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Hey what about that back entrance?


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

was I able to determine which objects were radiating the faint magic?


I take it Elizabeth has been in the cat nip, nya.


Aldous:
No that requires 3 rounds of concentration and the group was ushered out of the room by then.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh is puzzled by Elizabeth's neko-chan references, but waggles his hand over Ruckus, ready to magicfanginate him. "Buff and charge, my friends?"


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

"Aye, let's be at it." Durnolf dismounts, waits for buffs, then leads Ruckus to the last corner before getting into view of Mr. Marrow.


Assuming Ruckus will be in the lead followed by Durnolf, please place yourself behind them on the map. Post when you are ready. If you want to continue any discussion, please feel free to do so.

Current Map


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

As soon as Gunder casts his orisons, he will Magic Fang our furry friend. "We will have one minute of spell efficacy, Ruckus, er, Durnolf," he says, realizing the wolf won't understand him.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

I'll take position behind Durnolf, bow in hand.

"Take care, this fellow may have some arcane talents."

951 to 1,000 of 1,622 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / City of Strangers - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.