Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

City of Strangers (Inactive)

Game Master Nebten


851 to 900 of 1,622 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

Aldous casts detect magic and scans the room.

"This place has become most vexing. Why in the world would these Pharasmins hbuild such a structure?"


Aldous detects no magic within the room except for the items on his companions.


"I don't think the church built this place, but someone else did."


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Well okay, it looks like this is either a dead end or that is a door sealed in a way that I cannot get open. So we can go back to the hall with the corpses or there are other passageways we can check out. I belive there was a hall south of the hug door I couldn't open to the south.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

"What about that wooden door behind thx curtain?"


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Derp. Very well, I will examine the wooden doors.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


male Halfling Oracle 3

Gunder clears his throat audibly.

He is still standing in the middle of the room with a Cure Light Wounds charge glowing in his hand.


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Might as well heal Ruckus.


male Halfling Oracle 3

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Gunder pets Ruckus for 6 hit points.


The wooden door is not locked and does not appear to have any traps.


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Elizabeth opens it up


The door open into a dark, narrow hallway that travels north.


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Do we want to explore or head back to camp for rest?


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Ruckus chuffs contentedly and licks Gunder's hand. Durnolf grunts, and follows up with, "Well, thank you Mr. Undertable, but if one of these lovely ladies falls, it's on you." He turns to Elizabeth. "M'lady, let's continue on for a bit."


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Best to send the lights up just in case something lurks there.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

Aldous casts dancing lights into the hallway.

"I really must learn some way to simply see in the dark."


"Can anyone cast light?"


Aldous lights up the hallway that travels north.

Aldous & Tina:
You believe you heard some moaning after you cast Dancing Lights coming from the hallway.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Be on your guard, I heard some moaning from down the hall"

Aldous readies his longbow and steps away from the doorway.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh casts Light on Tina's cestus. "Better?"

He pulls out a torch and flint. "We keep wandering around without using these..."


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Well most of us can cast light spells so we might end up wasting equipment.

Elizabeth aims her bow down the hall and backs up.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"They're good for knocking skulls and burning them besides," mutters Garuneh, thinking of the piles of bones they've left in their wake.


male Halfling Oracle 3

"You are welcome, Mr. Banderswell. I like to loose no one on my watch - neither woman nor wolf. "

Gunder turns towards Aldous when he mentions hearing something. "Do you think its a foe? Maybe we can smoke it out instead of fighting in a dark narrow corridor: throw in one of these wall hangings, light it on fire, close the door and wait."

He casts a spark spell to illustrate his point.

Then he looks at Garuneh apologetically. "Or we could use your flint of course."


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

If it is undead like what we have met, I doubt they would be harmed by smoke. I sugegst lighting the way with the dancing lights while we advance behind the lights with bows at the ready.


male Halfling Oracle 3

"Alright. After you, then."
Gunder politely gestures towards the door.

He doesn't have a bow. Otherwise he would have gone first, of course :)


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Elizabeth sneaks down the hall.

stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

can you sneak with Dancing Lights ahead of you? Note to self: next party build is all armored half-orc clerics riding dire tigers.


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

I need light to see in any event, if they are far enough ahead I will still be shadowed.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Durnolf begrudgingly stows his earthbreaker and pulls out and loads his sling staff.

"Why are we getting these out? Is there something a tiny pebble can do that a bloody great hammer can't?"


1d16 ⇒ 11d20 ⇒ 181d16 ⇒ 41d20 ⇒ 41d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 181d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Elizabeth sneaks down the hallway for several feet. It opens up into a 20' x 20' stone room. The original purpose of this plain stone room has been lost to history, but numerous footprints have disturbed the dust covering the floor.

As the shadows start to creep in at the edge of the light, Elizabeth can see two humanoid figures in the dim, far corners of the room. One directly in front of her appears to be a walking corpse. It wears only a few soiled rags, its flesh rotting off its bones as it stumbles forward, moaning, arms outstretched.

Skeletal figure in the other corner is without any armor or weapons. Its finger tips appear to have been sharpened into clawed points.

Both undead figure appear to have vessels upon their bodies that glow with an iridescent hue. The skeleton's skull swings over in Elizabeth's direction when she reached the edge of the room. Its jaw starts to chomp up and down. The clacking that resonates would mimic laughter if those bones could laugh.

Elizabeth goes first, then the rest of the heroes, then the undead.

Map updated


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

we have undead!

Elizabeth shoots the zombie and then backs away to let Durnolf and his mighty hammer get to work

Twang: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 181d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

"Here, you can use this right?"

Durnolf attempts to hand his sling-staff to Gunder, (standard action? Drop it if not immediately accepted) then moves to the zombie while drawing his earthbreaker.

"Ruckus, kill!"
bite+trip: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 171d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 51d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

Aldous casts protection from evil on Durnolf.

"Strike true Ser Gunderswel. This spell should protect you."


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Hey Aldous!


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Whoa. Update notification didn't work.


male Halfling Oracle 3

Gunder takes the sling-staff from Durnolf (is this an action?) and then moves into the room.

I knew it: one day I would forget to cast my protective spells on everyone before we enter a room and that will be the end of us all.

If I still have an action left, I will spend it to move Gunder to AJ54.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

Err...whoops


Elizabeth's arrow strikes true into the zombie with a dull wet thud. It seems unfazed by the piercing arrowhead.

Durnolf gives his kin a sling staff (move action), then rides off into combat. Ruckus bites into the zombie and nashes off its left foot. Unbalanced, the zombie falls prone but still moans and paws at its doggy treat.

Aldous follows Durnolf into the room. He draws powdered silver and rubs it into his hands. The elf then lays his hand upon the halfling knight which produces a holy glow for a moment.

Gunder takes the sling staff (free since it was given) and move into the room (AJ54).


Tina Moves to AI-56

attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh lights his torch and moves to join Tina. "Waste of equipment be damned," he chuckles, "Let's illuminate them from within.


Tina deftly moves into the room to perform a flying jump kick, but comes up short of the skeleton.

Garuneh lights his torch and joins the fray with his flaming brand.

The zombie claws at Ruckus in an attempt to soften him up so he can chew through the flurry and fur.

Zombie, prone vs Ruckus AC: 1d20 ⇒ 191d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

The skeleton jaw jitter's in excitment as Tina steps forth to him. It shows her bony tiger style with a quick left jab flows by a right handed rake.

Skeleton, 2 claw attacks vs Tina's AC: 1st 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 151d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 2nd 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 171d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Heroes' turn!


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Whoa! Time to pull back!


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Mounted Combat Ride check D: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

SWOOSH
Durnolf will then bring his hammer down on the zombie while Ruckus tries to keep gnawing.

Earthbreaker: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 111d10 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 81d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

"Eat this!"

If the zombie is gone, he'll move over to AI52.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh swings a torch at the skele-monk.

Torch Schwing: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (2) - 4 = -2
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3 plus 1 point of fire damage

did I light myself on fire, or hit something on the Negative Energy Plane?


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Elizabeth..tries to shoot the zombie if possible.

twang: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 191d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


She high kicks the skeleton twice
attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Round 2

Durnolf is able slam his earthbreaker on the back of the crawling zombie. With it laying prone, the knigh's strke is true. A wet thud and the cracking its spine can be heard. It still slow squirms on the ground.

Ruckus bites into the zombie's shoulder, but its vessels glow red and the zombie seems to be unarmed by the attack.

Garuneh steps up between the whirling combatants. He is distracted and nearly burns his face as he attempts to hit the skeleton with his alit torch.

Elizabeth moves back into the room and fires an arrow at the prone zombie. She hits the backwall as she tries to avoid hitting Ruckus and his rider.

The skeleton continue to clack, clack, clack at Tina. She performs a spinning back kick and pops the jaw from its hinges. The skeleton slumps over. Tina then jumps high in the air and comes down on the rib cage with a powerful stomp crushes the bones beneith her feet.


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Finish off the zombie!


"No finish off. Me just pet doggy. Nom nom nom."


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

TWANG!: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 121d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Elizabeth shoots the zombir.

851 to 900 of 1,622 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / City of Strangers - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.