Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

City of Strangers (Inactive)

Game Master Nebten


801 to 850 of 1,622 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

Five-foot step and flurry

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24crit
Confirm: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8nope
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Durnolf cradles his earthbreaker as if were a lance. He spurs on his trusty mount and they scamper forward. The maul-lance pounds into the skeleton's pelvis causing the femers to pop out of their sockets. The legs shoot off into opposing directions as the rest of the torso falls to the ground before knight, motionless.

Updated Map

SK4 is down, another action Tina?


Move and attack using one of the above rolls


Tina steps up before the last skeleton. With her back leg, she spins to perform a round house kick. The brittle bones break before her like bunches of twigs. Thus ending the skeletal threat.

Congradulations, you defeated 4 skeletons. Each PC recieves 90 XP.

Two alcoves flank either side of the corridor here. Otherwise the stone corridor continues south.


male Halfling Oracle 3

Gunder discharges the cure spell on Durnolf, before breaking into laughter.

Cure light wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Then he puts on his armor.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Ow. Elizabeth gets the arrow out of her. Gunder, how is your supply of healing magic? I belive Tina,myself and Ruckus need healing. We might need to rest some more. Elizabeth is downto 5/9. How is everyone else?


male Halfling Oracle 3

"I think I can cast three more spells. And I have one potion."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Hmm..Well we could heal and rest, what do others think? Or heal and move on but we would be tapped out in regards to healing.


male Halfling Oracle 3

Did you do something with your hair?

"We must be really close to our base camp. It should be just around that corner. Maybe there's a shortcut. Perhaps that door east of the base camp can be opened from the other side. I'm okay with resting, but I don't want to walk the long way to the base camp and back here. Not if there's a shorter way. How about somebody peeks around that corner to see what awaits us there? After I heal everyone, of course. Now let me see that arrow wound."

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
"There you go. Next, please."
(2 spells left)


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Derp. I keep forgetting to change my avatar

Andrea will stealth ahead after being healed and check. Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


male Halfling Oracle 3

"Wait a moment, Elizabeth!"
Gunder casts Guidance and Virtue on Elizabeth before she starts.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Add 1 then, but it probably won't do any good


male Halfling Oracle 3

How come you never confuse Jediah with Andrea?


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"Why don't the Pharasmins cremate their dead? It's customary in much of Vudra, and prevents this sort of...well, it seems like someone is just rubbing their nose in it," says Garuneh, indicating the pile of formerly animate bones.

He picks up a femur. "My kingdom for a staff, or mace," he says, almost sadly.

"Oh! And I can heal someone," he adds guiltily.


"I think we should press on a bit more before we rest."


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Very well.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

"That was an exciting bit of play then, eh? I'm feeling great now thanks to Gunder. Ruckus is a bit torn up, but he's a tough boy and the ladies should come first. I've still got a healing draught for emergencies as well. We're good to keep going but we're willing to rest if you need to."


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Ruckus definatly looks like he needs some help.


Elizabeth travels through the torch light and into its shadowy edge. Another step further and she would be engulfed in the darkness. She feels the corner of the wall and belives there is a passage to the west. She is unable to see or hear anything else due to darkness.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Elizabeth waves everyone up since she needs more light.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

Aldous moves up to the intersection. Once close enough he casts dancing lights to provide some illumination.


Upon casting Dancing Lights, the cooridor can be seen turning west for only 10' before ending at a set of stone double doors.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

There are doors here.

Elizabeth examines the doors Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

This is a door


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Are they locked, or trapped, Ms. Ardoc?"

Aldous casts detect magic and studies for auras present. When possible, he also puts away the unused flask of holy water and draws his longbow.

"I believe we should wait for the rest of the group before attempting to open them."

Map, updated w/ Elizabeth & Aldous's positions present (and new dancing lights).


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

I saw no traps.


Elizabeth:

Spoiler:
Stone doors without a lock. You do not detect any traps.

Adlous:

Spoiler:
You do not detect any magic in the direction of the stone doors.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

No locks or traps..maybe


male Halfling Oracle 3

"Maybe? Thats not very reassuring."
Gunder inspects the door himself.
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Durnolf and Ruckus continue on to the rest of the group.

"That does indeed appear to be a door, M'Lady"


Gunder:
You detect no locks or traps


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Well let us open it up then if everyone is ok with it.


male Halfling Oracle 3

"Looks like you are right, Elizabeth. No traps. But before we open it, let me cast my protective spells on everyone again."
Gunder casts Guidance and Virtue on everyone, right before Elizabeth opens the door.


The doors open into a 20' by 30' room. Heavy black curtains drape the walls of this chamber and a thick layer of dust carpets the floor. A set of stone double doors stand in the west wall.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Hmmm...Looks like this has been abandoned. Andrea checks around again.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


Elizabeth start to circle around the room and stops after taking a few steps north. She pauses, then pulls back one of the curtains upon the east wall to reveal a wooden door.


male Halfling Oracle 3

Gunder enters the room as well and inspects the doors in the west wall.
Perception (including Guidance): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


The "doors" to the west, upon closer inspection, is one solid featureless piece of stone except for a strangely shaped depression in the middle of the slab.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Elizabeth examines the strange impression.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh emerges from AFK Land.

"Is it a 'keyhole' of sorts? Watch out for iron snakes, Elizabeth," says Garuneh in a low voice.


male Halfling Oracle 3

The same strangely shaped depression that the door with the feather charm (east of the base camp) had? Can you describe the shape? Does it look like ornamentation? Or like a keyhole/screw head? How big is it?

edit: ninja'd by Garuneh!


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh casts Light in the shape of a bulb above Gunder's head. Hey, do we need to feed the wolfie some heal-juice? I have one big spell left and then I'm just a hydroblaster with a blade.


male Halfling Oracle 3

Gunder can spare a spell if anyone wants to be healed. But the hairy thing that sits on top of wofie said that wolfie doesn't need to be healed just yet.


It is appears to be a mirrior image of the strange shaped depression from the Shrine of the Peacock Spirit. It is the size of a halfling's hand. The right side and bottom edges are straight. It is topped with a curved line. In the lower left corner is circle with a line protruding from it.

I don't know if this depression has been described before, but this is the description we are going with from now on.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

So it looks like we need a key to get through. I can see if I can disable it.

Elizabeth waits for a Guidance from Gunder and then sees if she can open it up.

disable device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


M Wolf that can't actually breathe fire

Ruckus could use some healing, but he still has more hp currently than any of the rest of us at max, and a decently high ac plus my mounted combat. So he's pretty low priority. Make sure everyone else is healed up first.


male Halfling Oracle 3

"Okay friends, thats it. Stop being heroes! I know some of you are hurt. I'm going to discharge this into the floor if no one steps forward to be healed."

Gunder casts Cure Light Wounds as he speaks. He holds the charge as he raises an eyebrow and looks at the group expectantly.

Bluff: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Sense motive DC 15:
He will discharge it on Ruckus if no one else wants to be cured.

(1 spell left)


Elizabeth approaches the stone slab. She doesn't find any mechanisms or unusual ways to open it. In simple terms, it is a large piece of solid fitted rock within a doorway.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Elizabeth sighs. I don't think I can get this open. There might be a special key or soemthing needed.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"I know," says Garuneh morbidly, "It takes the blood of a left-handed heart to open it, or something."

Where was the Shrine of the Peacock Spirit again? I wonder if we should review stuff in the Discussion Thread. We have the graffiti to wonder about, a bunch of us left-handed, a statue, a spiral, and the mirror image of a similar depression (which I am drawing a blank on, due to premature senility).


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Perhaps we should just leave this for later. We can investigate the hall that has the corpse pile.

801 to 850 of 1,622 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / City of Strangers - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.