Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


City of Strangers (Inactive)

Game Master Nebten


751 to 800 of 1,622 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

"Prepare to re-die, ya skinny bastards! Chaaarrge!

Charging Sk2
Earthbreaker: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 211d10 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Bite+Trip: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 211d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 51d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Tina, I think you're missing because melee attacks don't have a 90ft range.

Map!


Female Human Wizard 2 HP 13/16|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Don't we get concealment from the skellies arrows?


I would naturally be with the rest of the group, and I should see a bit since their is a light source.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Darn non-moving Mist! How did Elizabeth get all the way down there?

Garuneh keeps walking through the mist, and squints at SK1. Surge on that skeleton, pushing him further south.

Surge: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
or not.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

@Tina:The rest of the group was moving up while you were flurrying in the middle of the obscuring mist, I think.


Tina moves up 20' and can barely see the skeletons in the dim light provided by the Dancing Lights. (Still have a standard action.)

Durnolf charges forward and crashes into the skeleton before him. He smashes the ribs to splinters and it crumbles into a bone pile. The halfling notices two more skeletons awaiting in the alcoves before him with claws at the ready.

Garuneh advances another 30 feet and unleashes a surge of water from his off hand. It lands short of Durnolf and Ruckus.

Elizabeth and Durnolf did not end their movement in the Mist, therefore do not get concelment.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

"They've got more friends for smashing!"


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

Seeing the foes so far away, and resistant to arrows, Aldous stows his longbow.

On his next turn: Move forward 30', cast dancing lights up next to Durnolf & Ruckus.

"Are you in danger, Ser Banderswel?"


Aldous you are jumping the gun a bit. I'm going to move you back and remove your spell marker. I'll put those things in on round three. You never had your bow out, so you can't stow it. Did you mean the holy water? Aldous still has a standard action though.

We are waiting on Gunder's round 2 action.

I also messed up and allowed Daruneth's spray in round 2. His round 2 action was to move 15' at full defensive. So I'm moving him back as well.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Oh right, full defense is a 'move'.


male Halfling Oracle 3

Round 2:
Gunder continues to run south in a rabbit-like fashion.

(moving another 15 ft south, still using total defense; location on map updated accordingly)


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |
Nebten wrote:

Aldous you are jumping the gun a bit. I'm going to move you back and remove your spell marker. I'll put those things in on round three. You never had your bow out, so you can't stow it. Did you mean the holy water? Aldous still has a standard action though.

We are waiting on Gunder's round 2 action.

I also messed up and allowed Daruneth's spray in round 2. His round 2 action was to move 15' at full defensive. So I'm moving him back as well.

Oops my bad. I typically will travel with bow in hand when in the dungeon, so was referencing this post

No matter. Aldous will take the standard as a 2nd move for that turn then, and cast on round 3.


Gunder hobbles forward while covering his head from any arrow fire.

DM's Turn

The skeleton with the bow takes a 5' step back into the darkness and fires another arrow toward Elizabeth.

SK1 vs Elizabeth AC : 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 181d6 ⇒ 1

The other two skeletons in the alcove, draw their rusted, chipped scimitars and take a 5' step infront of Durnolf & Ruckus. One attacks the halfling while the other one strikes low at the wolf.

SK3 vs Ruckus's AC: 1d20 ⇒ 171d6 ⇒ 4

SK4 vs Durnolf's AC: 1d20 ⇒ 141d6 ⇒ 1


Round 3

Garuneh advances another 30 feet and unleashes a surge of water from his off hand. It lands short of Durnolf and Ruckus.

Aldous recasts Dancing Lights to give those in combat a better view. The lights in front of him wink out then relight behind the skeletal troops.

For clarity, for round 3 Garnuneh & Aldous have acted. Tina, Gunder, Durnolf & Elizabeth are up.


Tina Moves closer


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh is disappointed in his roll--twice. ;)


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

ride check to negate hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
"We can hold em off!"
earthbreaker on sk4: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 121d10 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
bite&trip on sk3: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 91d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 51d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

"Or not!"


Female Human Wizard 2 HP 13/16|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Elizabeth runs to the new location, hopign to at least flank so Durnolf has a better chance to fight the things.


male Halfling Oracle 3

Now that all the skelettons are engaged in melee, Gunder stops evading shots and runs as fast as he can.
using both actions to move 30 ft south, map updated accordingly

"Wait for me!"


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Hold fast, Ser Banderswel!"

Aldous will move forward until adjacent to Durnolf and bestow a Diviner's Blessing on him. +1 Attack/Skills/Saves for 1 round

Still holding onto that holy water, BTW.

"Does anyone else have non-piercing attacks?"


Female Human Wizard 2 HP 13/16|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

I have this unlit torch :p


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"I suppose that is better than my delicate fists, Ms. Ardoc."


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

"Well get Tina and her ogre fists up here!"


Durnolf and Ruckus miss their attacks, both thrown off by the new set of skeletons.

Tina saunters her way up to the frontlines of battle while poor Gunder is nearly breaking a sweat as he hobbles at a trot. Elizabeth joins the fray, protecting the cavalier's backside.

The first skeleton notches another arrow and fires it at the large target that is Tina walking down the hallway.

SK1 vs Tina's AC: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 171d6 ⇒ 3

The other two skeletons continue to slice at their quarry before them.

SK3 vs Ruckus's AC: 1d20 ⇒ 181d6 ⇒ 2
SK4 vs Durnolf's AC: 1d20 ⇒ 101d6 ⇒ 2


Round 4

Aldous moves forward directly into the front lines and traces mystic runes in the air near the halfling knight.

Durnolf gains +1 Attack/Skills/Saves for 1 round.

Heroes Fight!
Map updated


Female Human Wizard 2 HP 13/16|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Unfortunatly for Andrea, there is very little she can do, so she takes a step back and fires an arrow at SK3

Short bow: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 11d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

And really starts to regret agreeing to come down here.


male Halfling Oracle 3

"Fire! Does anyone have lamp oil? Throw it at the skelettons!" Gunder screams.
I can light it up with a spark spell.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

ride check to negate hit on Ruckus: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

bite+trip on sk3: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 121d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 61d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
earthbreaker non-power attack on sk3: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 71d10 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

-______________________________-


male Halfling Oracle 3

Gunder casts a spell as he runs the last steps towards the enemies.
Then he attacks the skeletton with the charge in his hand.

He casts cure light wounds, holds the charge, then moves 15ft, then attacks SK3 with the charge.
Touch attack (armed): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

(3/5 spells left; map updated)


Elizabeth flashes between alternative lives right before firing her bow. She fires straight into the ceiling among the distraction.

The brave knight tries to manuever Ruckus out of harms way, but is unable to do so. Durnolf presses the attack with his mighty steed. Sadly even with Aldous's blessing, none of the attacks are able to get through the armored skeletons.

Gunder produces a small ball of light and wedges his way past Aldous and Durnolf. He tries to lay his hand upon the skeleton, but it shifts away at the last moment.

Gunder still has the charge in his hand. I am also assuming Gunder isn't wearing his armor since he's moving at 15'.


male Halfling Oracle 3

While standing face to face with tree skelettons, Gunder suddenly realizes that he forgot to put on his armor after the last rest.
Crap. This must be one of these nightmares, where you suddenly realize that you are naked.

Turns out I forgot about the "by encumbrance" in "your speed is never reduced by encumbrance". So yes, he is not wearing his armor.


Female Human Wizard 2 HP 13/16|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Gunder, make sure Durnolf is healed!


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

"Ruckus and I are barely scratched at the moment."

Durnolf is 9/12 and Ruckus is 14/20.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"Light torches, by the Devas! I'll try to delay them!"

Garuneh moves up behind Elizabeth and causes another surge of water to push SK1 and SK3 back.

Surrrrge: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Critical surge! :D That should knock them back a bit. Too bad we don't have a handy pit.


Garuneh steps into the puddle of water he created previously. It flows up into his boots and up his pant legs. He throws his head back and throws his arms forward. A high powered stream of water fires forth from the druid's hands. It pounds into the undead warrior causing it to fly into his bony archer companion.

Secondary Bull rush to have SK3 push SK1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

The archer doesn't move back but the force of the stream causes SK3 to fall prone.

Surge can only effect one creature. I'm using the following ruling for what you tried to do.

If there is another creature in the way of your bull rush, you must immediately make a combat maneuver check to bull rush that creature. You take a –4 penalty on this check for each creature being pushed beyond the first.

Typically bull rushing creatures doesn't make them go prone, but I got to give you something for the natural 20. =v)


Map


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Fah! Enough of these undead creatures!"

Aldous casts true strike in preparation to nail one of the skeletons with his holy water, then steps back next to Elizabeth.


Waiting on Tina's actions, then the skeletons will act.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

forgot the second roll...


I did a five foot step to get closer

We need to bull rush one back a square so we get more attack space.


male Halfling Oracle 3

someone could squeeze into AL49 without provoking an AOO while SK3 is prone.


Scratch that I'll move to AL-49
and do one attack,
attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Hope the AoO miss, if their are any.


Tina hops into the corner and it doing so provokes attacks from both of the solider skeletons.

AoO SK3 vs Tina's AC: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (11) - 4 = 71d6 ⇒ 6
AoO SK4 vs Tina's AC: 1d20 ⇒ 151d6 ⇒ 5

Skeleton's Turn.

With a clear line of fire, the archer skeleton takes a step back and fires an arrow at Gunder

SK1 vs Gunder's AC: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 11d6 ⇒ 2

SK3 stands up from prone. In doing so the heroes try to drive him back down to his final resting place.

AoO Tina vs SK3 AC: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 171d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Tina grabs the skeleton's behind the head and drives its skull into her knee, shattering it into pieces (Muay Thai style!). The rest of the bones fall into a pile before her feet.

Finally, the other skeletal warrior attempts to dismount Durnolf.

SK4 vs Durnolf's AC: 1d20 ⇒ 181d6 ⇒ 6
Confirm Crit with possible additional dmg: 1d20 ⇒ 111d6 ⇒ 6


Round 5

Aldous pulls out a small archry target from his pouch. He then rubs it over the top of his throwing arm. The arm then emits a golden glow as the elf takes a step back next to his roguish friend.


male Halfling Oracle 3

Gunder tries to deliver the charge to the skeletton that is attacking Durnolf.
touch attack: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
But the skeletton easily evades his clumsy attempt.

Only after making his attack he realizes how badly wounded Durnolf looks.

I should have discharged the spell on Durnolf. This is bad. I must be dreaming this. I'll wake up any minute now.


Female Human Wizard 2 HP 13/16|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Is this dice roller gone wonky or something? I've seen some complaints about it.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Just probability, ma'am.

Garuneh focuses on that pesky SK4 and moves further south. "I'm too far to heal Durnolf."

Surge again, pushing SK4 further south. Thanks for reminding me about the double bull rush rule, GM Nebten! By the way, that Surge power allows me to drag and do things from...apparently any distance...RAW...but I won't abuse it. It's very loosely worded. Flavorwise it's cool that it emanates from Garuneh, but just bear in mind that it can push something towards me/us, etc. Er, if you allow that. :D And there are no rules saying it automatically extinguishes anything, or if the water goes anywhere...

Surge: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

See, my dice work. ;)


Gunder misses the skeleton again with a wide-worried look upon his face.

Garunesh unleashes another powerful burst of water into the scimitar weilding skeleton. It is knocked back 10' next to its undead kin.

Check Discussion for my Surge thoughts.


PCs that have yet to act in round 5: Elizabeth, Durnolf & Tina. In any order is fine with me.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Oh hey, Sk4 is 10 ft away.

"Chaaarge!"
Earthbreaker: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 201d10 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
bite+trip: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 191d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 21d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

751 to 800 of 1,622 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / City of Strangers - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.