Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


City of Strangers (Inactive)

Game Master Nebten


701 to 750 of 1,622 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

cmd Ping GM ....


Durnolf steps up and crushes the pusulent creature's head under the weight of his mighty earthbreaker. Thus the spark of undeath has vanished.

Elizabeth and Tina slide around the monolith and try filet the other feral corpse.

The dog-like ghoul is a hairless, malformed corpses with gray-green, pustule-covered skin and oversized jaws that make them seem more beast-like than humanoid. It turns to attack Tina with a series of claw rakes. It ends its furry with a bite her with several diseased teeth.

To Hit vs Tina's AC, then Dmg

Claw 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 161d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Claw 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 91d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 131d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The party's turn.

Map

I don't know exactly where everybody was. I tried to piece things together from the text and give your characters the best positioning.I am also assuming Durnolf rides his wolf, thus he isn't included on the map. If you all kill this thing this around, it won't matter.


Female Human Wizard 2 HP 13/16|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Elizabeth will flank with Durnolf and Tina and attempt to shank the..thing.

Rapier: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 81d6 ⇒ 5
Sneak attack: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Elizabeth steps next to Durnolf to flank with Tina. Her swing is wild, as if she hasn't fought in awhile.

Map link automatic updated


male Halfling Oracle 3

Gunder calls out for the void and surrounds the monster with a thin layer of outer space.
Interstellar Void; cold damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Is it bad if I forgot how many of my daily spells I already used?


From what I can read, Gunder has used 1 CLW and Aldous has used Silent Image for the day.

Fort save vs I.V.: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Tindrils of a star cloaked tapestry surround the corpse. It bears down, grows and shakes off some of the interstellar cold.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Durnolf takes a swing at the other guy.

Attack & Damage: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 221d10 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Durnolf performs an uppercut swing with his breaker, crushing its jaw and popping its pus filled eyes. It sways for a moment before colapsing to the ground, motionless.

Congrads, you've defeated the two festrogs. Each PC has earned 133 XP.


Female Human Wizard 2 HP 13/16|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Hooray! That was totally disgusting!

Elizabeth examines the southern door.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Unfortunatly, Elizabeth seems to have been asleep too long and has to wahs her eyes.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Sorry...Garuneh was busy making and eating brunch.

Garuneh looks at his completely unused scythe in his hands, and then shakes his head and peers at the door.

Perception Aid: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

1517 XP to go!


There is no door, but long hallway that travels farther than the light provided with low light vision. There is nothing of note at the entrance of the hallway. That is the only exit other then the way the party came.

To re-describe "the kennel":

This room is a charnel house of blood, bones, and scraps of rotten flesh. Strange runes have been sloppily drawn on the walls using some dark brown pigment. A moss-covered stone monolith stands in the center of the room, wreathed in gossamer wisps of gray mist that seem to congeal around the crumbling stone.


Female Human Wizard 2 HP 13/16|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

So maybe Garuneh and I can take the lead and keep an eye out for hazards?


"We should let those who've trained their senses to go first."

Where's the elf wizard?


male Halfling Oracle 3

"Wait a moment. What do you think all of this is?
Gunder points to the rune covered walls and the monolith.

He walks round the room and inspects it, careful not to touch anything.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Also casting Read Magic on the runes, in case they are magic writing.


The runes appear to be painted on the walls in blood.

Gunder:
These appear to be ancient Thassilonian runes of gluttony and necromancy.

As Gunder nears the monolith, sibilant whispers eminate from out of the air, though no words can be understood. A strange gray mist lingers near the stone. The mist feels cold and clammy.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

Sorry folks, didn't realize we had resumed play. Good show, GM Nebten!

Aldous will scan with detect magic quickly before resuming his place in line, bow in hand.

"More blood and death and horrible undead monsters. When will these Pharasmins learn to simply cremate the bodies of the deceased, it would solve so many problems."

Spellcraft (if it becomes necessary) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 (+2 if to identify anything)


Aldous scans the room, then stops his gaze over the monolith. His eyes narrow as he focuses on the misty stone. He then shakes his head and rubs the center of his scalp.

Aldous:

Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

The monolith has a single aura of Strong magic. Alas, you are unable to discern what exactly the monolith does or the school of magic it is radiating. (accounting for both rolls)


Female Human Wizard 2 HP 13/16|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

So it looks like we head south than


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"This stone monolith radiates strong magic of an undeterminate type. I would advise caution, especially given the transmutation, conjuration, and necromancy effects littering this dungeon already."

"Be on your guard, and try not to touch anything."

having some slight issues with the dropbox D/L (mostly because I don't use MS office any longer). Will try to work around it, but I may be relying on text description and old-school mapping for now.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Agreed, to the south."

Bow in hand and arrow ready, Aldous will take up his spot towards the middle of the group.

GM, Aldous has the "forewarned" Diviner ability, so can act in any surprise rounds, just so you're aware.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

"Well let's be off then, eh?"

Durnolf and Ruckus head to the front of the group behind the sneakers and start trotting off towards the south.


Last mention has Garuneh casting Light on his Scythe. If there are more light sources or that got switched around, just let me know ;)

The party travels down the dank corridor for nearly 100 feet when the reach a set of stairs that go down. After scanning them to make sure they are safe, the group makes its way down the short series of steps.

The set end at a landing with stairs going up towards the south and a flight of stairs going down to the west. Looking to the west, ceiling opens up between two staircases in this wide corridor, creating a shaft above the hallway. Ten feet up, the shaft appears to connect to another passage above running north-south. A grisly heap of decaying body parts lies at the bottom of the shaft. The air is rank with the smell of rot, corruption, and pungent chemicals.


Female Human Wizard 2 HP 13/16|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Ugh..WOuldn't be surprised if we find more of those things down there. South more or try out west?


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Let us not be surprised if possible. Allow me to light the corridor up."

Aldous casts dancing lights into the shadowy corridor, 60' ahead.


Aldous, could you please clarify? To the corridor to the west or are you going to go up the stairs and casting into the passage to the south?


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |
Quote:
Ten feet up, the shaft appears to connect to another passage above running north-south. A grisly heap of decaying body parts lies at the bottom of the shaft.

In the gap, looking to illuminate that corridor over the bodies.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"More candidates, or parts of them, for cremation," says Garuneh with a mix of humor and disgust. "I would prefer south."


Four spheres of light illuminates the shaft. It does not reveal anything new except it shows the decaying body parts in a varity of new colors. Such a sight is nearly nausating. Nothing is on the ceiling. It appears the stairs continue to decsend after the corpse pile to the west. There is nothing on the ceiling that can be viewed either. You are unable to see very far into the overhead passages that go north-south as their ground floor are 10' above the corpse pile.

So you have a staircase that goes down to the west and then there was at some point in time a cooridor that traveled north-south above. That cooridor lost its floor and now opened up to this awkward 4-way but on 2 diferent levels. In short to get into the north-south cooridor you would have to climb up 10' to do so. There are alot of these in Skyrim.


Female Human Wizard 2 HP 13/16|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Let us head south and leave this for now.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Agreed, let us head to the south."


male Halfling Oracle 3

Gunder looks at the grisly scene to the west, then slowly nods.
"Yes, lets go south."


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

Aldous casts dancing lights ahead up the staircase.

"Allow me to illuminate our path.

Map updated/


Map


The party passes the corpse compost and makes their way up the other set of stairs. Aldous's globes of light shoot off ahead of the group. Once the party reached the top of the stairs, Aldous haults for a moment.

Aldous:
At the edge of the dancing lights within the dim illiumination, you can see 2 skeletons with shortbows raised, arrows notched but not drawn. They are outfited with broken, rusted chain mail with a scimitar at their sides.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

GM: Surprise Round Action time? Or do I notice them before they notice me?

"Two Skeletons ahead! Wielding Bows! Use Caution"

If Surprise Round Time:

Spoiler:
Draw last vial of Holy Water as move action.

If Full Round Time:

Spoiler:
Draw vial of Holy Water as Move Action, use Diviner's Blessing on myself for +1 Attack/Saves/Skill Checks for 1 round.


Female Human Wizard 2 HP 13/16|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

They have the drop on us, so heavily armored types up front? Andrea has her bow out but is rather doubt ful of the ability of the arrow to do anything.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Shall we do our combat in spoiler form? That's fun for the GM to compile into a summary. :)

Round 1 or Surprise:

Garuneh waves his hands, uttering words that sound like whispering marsh rushes and gentle rain. Obscuring Mist at Level 2!


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Sure why not!

Spoiler:
If Garuneh does his Obscuring Mist thing, Elizabeth will move with the others towards the skellies, perhaps even charge with Durnolf as they get closer. :)


Full round actions.

Adlous alerts the party as he pulls out his vial of holy water. With his other hand he traces the figure of a cross above a box in the air.

Elizabeth draws her bow and peers into the darkness.

As she tries to find her targets, her vision is clouded by the mists that bellow from Garuneh's hands and mouth.

Elizabeth nods and slowly starts to make her way down the cooridor.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Durnolf spurs Ruckus forward while taking a full defense.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

Round 2:

Move through mist to the edge. If I can see the undead at that point, toss holy water at the one on the right.

Ranged touch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 damage 2d4 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4

"Concentrate fire on the one on the right!"


Female Human Wizard 2 HP 13/16|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Elizabeth, after suddenlu thinking she was someone named Andrea moves up until she can she the skellies and shoot at on with her bow.

Point blank shortbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 161d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Still waiting for Gunder and Tina in round 1. I like the spirit though Aldous & Liz.


Tina Attacks the creature (flurry of blows)

attack1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
attack2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Damage1: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Damage1: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


male Halfling Oracle 3

round one; sorry for being late
"Where are they?! I can't see them"
He runs forward in a zig zag pattern to avoid being hit by an arrow.
Total defense (+4 AC) and moves south 15 ft.

round two (unless something unexpected happens): Gunder continues to do the same thing. (Current position on the map is at the end of round 1 though.)


Female Human Wizard 2 HP 13/16|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W4(6Fear) Per+3 Init+5

South!


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh also moves south by 15' and takes total defense.


Elizabeth follows Durnolf into the shadows with her bow drawn.

Tina swings wildly within the mists nearly hitting Garuneh and Aldous.

Gunder hobbles forward unaware of where the attacks may come from.

DM's Turn:

From the edge of the light given off, Elizabeth and Durnolf barely make out two humanoid figures dressed in rusted chain armor. They then mechanically pull back on bow strikes and an arrow flies in their direction.

Skeleton 1 vs Elizabeth AC: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 171d6 ⇒ 4

Skeleton 2 vs Durnolf AC: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d6 ⇒ 5


Round 2 Heroes:

Aldous moves foward 20'. He is about to throw the Holy Water, but stops when it might be outside his range Give me another Standard action Aldous. You would auto miss if you throw the holy water.

Elizabeth presses the attack moving ahead 30' just past the dancing lights. She fires off an arrow. It pierces the rusted chain shirt, but goes the other side of the rib cage.

Garuneh slowly makes his way through the mists, being careful of any stray arrows.

Tina, Gunder & Durnolf still have actions. Aldous has a standard action this round. The skeletons are currnely in dim light, thus gaining concelment.


Tina Attacks the creature (flurry of blows)

attack1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
attack2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Damage1: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Damage1: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Since a twenty misses, I missed.

701 to 750 of 1,622 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / City of Strangers - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.