Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

City of Strangers (Inactive)

Game Master Nebten


651 to 700 of 1,622 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Okay, then, I'll lead this off," Aldous whispers before casting silent image to simulate a wounded human stumbling north from the southern tunnel. The illusion makes it to the corner before slumping against the wall.

"Let's hope this works," Aldous grasps his bow firmly and keeps concentration on his spell.


She whispers
"The Illusion is a good idea, but who's going to sneak near the monolith with me.
When they move on the illusion we can get the drop from behind."


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

I will sneak with you and help flank Elizabeth whispers and grasps her rapier.


Updated Map

Does that look correct? If so, Tina and Elizabeth need to roll a stealth check.


are there any others who want to join us.


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Maybe move illusion 2 space or so to the south so there is a clear charge line by Durnolf?

stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Looks like Elizabeth stubbed her toe.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

Looks about right, except I was intending to have the image be further to the south, allowing for a good charge from Durnolf & Ruckus. Like G43 or H43.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Staying put; I'll bull-rush-at-a-distance as needed.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Durnolf and Ruckus quietly prep to charge when a gribbly reaches G43.


male Halfling Oracle 3

If Gunder can move to F38 without a sneak check he will do so. Otherwise he will stay put, for now.


Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


The silent image moves towards the undead beasts, capturing one of their attention. It growls an inhuman, guttural growl and snaps at its companion, who immediately looks up from the bones its feeding on to copy the growl.

Tina and Elizabeth, keen to sneak up, move towards the monolith. However, they aren't watching each other quickly and trip over one another, making a louder-than-intended noise.

Almost immediately, the two turn towards them and see the whole group. Again, they let out a growl, but this time it sounds almost joyful, more than angry.

The two...things...don't attack. They simply stand and gesture wildly at you.


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Elizabeth holds her rapier at the ready for any attack.

Readied action to attack.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Did any of you understand any of that?" Aldous asks with a whisper. "To me, it almost sounded like those things were happy to see us???"

Aldous will remain close to the back of the group, continuing to concentrate on the illusion. The image turns as if to look at the rest of the group, shrugs its shoulders, and steps forward a bit with hands wide and empty.


"Oh, are we in the crap house now."


male Halfling Oracle 3

"Uhm ... hello. Nice to meet you."
Gunder beckons to the things awkwardly.

Sense Motive (plus guidance): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Durnolfstops for a moment and attempts to intuit their intentions. sense motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

I'm pretty sure that one of them wants to marry Garuneh, and the other will preside over the ceremony.


male Halfling Oracle 3

"They look about as happy to see us as we do to see our second breakfast arrive, don't you think?" Gunder whispers to Durnolf.

Spoiler:
I'm pretty sure they really are nice guys.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"...perhaps we are breakfast..." whispers Garuneh, while nodding at the undead things.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

So long as I can maintain the illusion, that's going to be my standard action. If these creatures turn hostile, I'll try to convert the image to provide a screening effect for our warriors.


Sorry everyone. Today was crazy. I appreciate your patience - I'll try to do better! This update is way underwhelming, too. Stick with me!

Garuneh:

The creatures appear to want to fight, but are waiting for you to make the first move.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"They want us to fight...they are waiting for us to take action first. Perhaps they have something readied for us," whispers Garuneh.

"I suggest we ready torches."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

I don't really see why we need torches for these..things. Does anyone know what these things might be?

What kind of knowledge check?

Pick one to kick things off?


"Anyone know what they are?"


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Derp. Forgot to switch over to this alias when asking the question

I don't think we'll need torches for these things. Aldous, Gunder, do you have any idea what these things might be?


male Halfling Oracle 3

"I'm afraid, no, I don't think I've ever seen something like them before."
And I don't have any knowledge skills that I could roll.

"Maybe we should ask them to introduce themselves?"


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

Knowledge Arcana or Local 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

"I am not sure what they're waiting for, but if they want us to make the first move, I say why not."

Aldous modifies the image spell to create a vertical wall, screening our melee guys from view. "Go, take the initiative while they cannot see you," he whispers.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

"Son, remember what I told you about lying? That's what you're trying to do right now, and I'll have none of it." Durnolf dismounts, gestures for Tina to follow him, then strides to the other side of the illusory wall in a defensive posture with his earthbreaker in hand. He takes a moment to look over the creatures and points towards the bigger one. "You, let's go!"


The creatures tilt their head in curiosity. It is clear they don't understand that you've challenged them. Instead, they growl and gesture wildly.

Initiative Checks:

Elizabeth - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Garuneh - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Durnolf - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Tina - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Aldous - 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Gunder - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Creatures - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Round 1
Init Order: Garuneh, Creatures, Durnolf, Aldous, Elizabeth, Tina, Gunder.

Updated Map


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Deception or not, we must press the attack," Aldous pulls his illusory screen back behind Durnolf, hopefully yielding Elizabeth & Tina visual cover.

He then walks to D39 with bow in hand.


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Elizabeth watches what the creatures will do, if they move to attack Durnolf, she will slip around to E-42 and launch a hopeful sneak attack if a creature is in a reachable square.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"Hells."
Garuneh generates a surge of water against the nearest creature.
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
sorry, out all day being a Hollywood big shot.


The surge of water has no effect on the creatures. They simply laugh gleefully as the water washes over them.

Creatures delay.

Durnolf, Aldous, Elizabeth, Tina, Gunder.


Who'll make the first Move?


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

Get 'em, Durnolf!


male Halfling Oracle 3

"If they don't want to make the first move - who says that we have to? This feels like some set-up for a trap. Lets move on and see how they react to that," Gunder nods towards the southern hallway, " as long as we don't turn our backs on them."

If no one protests, Gunder will spend both his actions to move to I41 - very carefully, and always keeping an eye on the two strangers.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

"If these abominable beasties want a fight, I'll give them one!"

Durnolf steps to d42 and takes a mighty swing at the creature at d43.

attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Nice, I think that KOed one.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Tina, if it didn't, I think we're in trouble. Gunder, sorry, you ninjad me, but as a player I'm inclined to agree with you.


male Halfling Oracle 3

Actually, I think you ninja'd me: you posted your attack a few seconds before I edited the trap part into my post. Still, Gunder is going to say 'I told you so' if that thing didn't just go down.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Hahahaha, looking forward to it.


Tina will move in and attack.
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Elizabeth moves to e-42 and stabs if one gets near.

attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4


male Halfling Oracle 3

Gunder sighs when he sees Durnolf and Tina charging into battle. Instead of going south, he follows them with some distance, feeling that his cure spells might be asked for soon.

Can you ready free actions? If so, Gunder readies to say 'I told you so.' on the condition that anyone gets hit hard by one of those things.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

I guess Gunder is holding his action?


male Halfling Oracle 3

Yes he is.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

Aldous is maintaining the illusion for now. He moved to D39 with bow in hand.


cmd .. Ping GM


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

aaah! The Ghouls of Inaction threaten to lull us to death!


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Seems he hasn't been on the boards for a while.

651 to 700 of 1,622 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / City of Strangers - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.