Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

City of Strangers (Inactive)

Game Master Nebten


601 to 650 of 1,622 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

There is little Elizabeth can do since veryone is blocking her way, so she moves to G-21 and draws her bow.

Gunder! Durnolf looks like he is coming out of it! He has the best chance to damage the thing!


The snake once again lashes out at Gunder.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

The halfling holds up his shield and just barely manages to deflect the blow.

Round 8

Initiative Order
Tina (move only - 0/7 rounds remaining)
Elizabeth
Durnolf
Ruckus
Gunder
Aldous
Garuneh
Snake

Updated Map


Tina will move to B25


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Elizabeth aims at the snake thing and fires.

attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

perhaps Gunder and Durnolf should switch squares


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

If Durnolf can make it to i25 and attack then he will, otherwise he'll wait for finder to move, then step up and attack. He'll drop his iron potion vial. In the current square and point finder towards it.

earthbreaker: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


male Halfling Oracle 3

Are there any special rules for swapping places? Because, if not, Durnolf has to wait for Gunder's turn anyway, in which case:

"Just a second, Elizabeth! There's something else I need to do first."

Attack: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (12) - 5 = 7

Damage: 1d2 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Gunder takes a poorly aimed swing at the snake before stepping aside to let Durnolf and Ruckus do some real damage.


I think it's fine for you two to swap places.


male Halfling Oracle 3

Okay. We swap places then. For roleplaying reasons I would prefer if Gunder did attack the snake and Durnolf did delay until then. But since I didn't hit, it doesn't really matter, anyway.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh moves to flank and slashes at the beast with his scythe.

attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
damage: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

soooo close to a crit.


you were 1 away from the crit, which sucks.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

If it is a construct, it would have been immune anyway. :p


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

Aldous touches Durnolf and grants him his diviner's touch. +1 to Atk/Saves/Skills for 1 turn


Elizabeth's shot goes wide as Gunder also misses with his attack. Durnolf slams it with his hammer. The blow is by far the most effective thing you've done to the creature thus far. Garuneh also manages to land a blow, but the effect is less than desired - it doesn't appear that the beast even felt the attack.

The snake, seeing its mounted prey back in front of it, lashes out towards Durnolf.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Fort Save: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 = 8
1d6 ⇒ 1

The blow is devastating, but it's hard to tell - Durnolf appears to be frozen in his saddle. You have taken 7 damage and are paralyzed for 1 minute. You are also disabled (0HP).

Round 9

Initiative Order
Tina
Elizabeth
Durnolf
Ruckus
Gunder
Aldous
Garuneh
Snake

Updated Map


Tina moves to F-27 And just the right amount of movement to allow a standard action.

Tina attacks the necrophidius.
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Elizabeth shoots once more Gunder! Try healing Durnolf!

Bow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 111d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


male Halfling Oracle 3

Gunder casts cure light wounds on Durnolf.
"Wake up, Durnolf! This isn't the right time to sleep. It's lunch time, and you are the special guest!"

cure light wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

"Quick, Ruckus. Get your master out of here!"
He hurries back (to H22) and urges Ruckus to follow him.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh moves to flank the snake-thing G27 flanks, right? and blocks behind his scythe.

Total Defense. AC at 18.


male Halfling Oracle 3

It only flanks if there is still someone on the other side. I.e. if Ruckus doesn't follow me. Also Durnolf (who could do damage) is paralyzed for a minute.

Oh, and by the way: Gunder drops his torch (as a free action) before curing Durnolf. Stupid torch.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

So it looks like it is all up to Tina and Garuneh damagewise


M Wolf that can't actually breathe fire

I'm kind of torn on what ruckus would do. I think Defend training would dictate that he keep attacking the snake thing, as it attacked durnolf. But if he'd listen to anyone, it'd probably be gunder, especially if gunder talks to him in halfling. It might merit a handle animal check to get him to follow. Otherwise, keep attacking.

bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"This is most distressing," Aldous gripes as he draws his bow, steps back, and let's fly. 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19 damage 1d8 ⇒ 8 16 arrows left

"Garuneh, dump it down the well again, if you can!"

Crit confirmation 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18 damage 2d8 ⇒ (8, 8) = 16


male Halfling Oracle 3

Charisma check, in lieu of handle animal: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
"Guter Junge, komm!"


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

Wow, talk about a lucky shot. Here's hoping its not immune to crits


All of the attacks against the snake are ineffective - either missing or bouncing off its hard skeleton harmlessly. That is, however, until Aldous lets loose an arrow. The blow lands perfectly and the snake reacts in pain - it is by far the most effective attack you've landed so far, and the construct collapses on the stone rim.

A portion of the creature is hanging off the edge of the rim and as a result, the body is carried over the edge in the pit below.

Congratulations! You've each earned 200XP for felling the beast!

Updated Map


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"Well done, Aldous! Let's get Durnold patched up and take a look at this other door."

Garuneh starts humming 'my heart beats on the left...' to a Vudrani tune.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"A fortuitous shot, indeed. I have a potion available if that becomes necessary," Aldous moves to Ruckus and Durnolf, removing his cure light wounds potion as he goes.

"What was that thing, anyways? Some kind of construct-snake-skeleton?"

Knowledge:Arcana 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Elizabeth pants. Yes. I don't know the constructione xactly but it is something like a golem.

Elizabeth helps pull Durnolf out of the room. If this thing wa sguarding the necromancer, he must be powerful. Golem creation requires a skilled spell caster.


"Well at least it's gone."


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

So how does everyone feel? Elizabeth splashes a little water on Durnolf's face. I am a little wary of continuing through the door that snake was guarding.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

When Durnolf eventually comes around, he awkwardly falls off of Ruckus and goes to pick up the iron potion vial he dropped and then quaff the contents.

fresh minty healing: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

"That was a fine shot, Mor'esti, one in a million! We'll make a fine warrior of you yet. Why, I might even consider taking you on as my squire!" He works through some still stiff movement as he scrambles up on the wolf. "After I work out these stiff joints, that is."


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Do you feel up to continuing,Drnolf?


male Halfling Oracle 3

"If by 'the door that snake was guarding' you mean this pit, then I fully agree, Elizabeth. Lets not go down there. Not until we eliminated all other possible hiding places for the necromancer."


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

I mean the door on the other side of this pit to the east. I will check it out, although a keener set of eyes will be of great assistance.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


male Halfling Oracle 3

"So you think it was guarding the door and not something living at the bottom of the pit?"


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

"I'd be lying if I said I'm not still stinging a bit from that snake monstrosity, and lying is unbecoming of a knight. Take note of that, Aldous. You shouldn't besmirch your honor over trivial little things. I believe I'm capable of continuing on though, and I'd certainly prefer to head through the door than down the hole."


Elizabeth detects nothing out of the ordinary when inspecting the door.

So are you guys going through the door, down the pit (at least a 300' drop) or something else entirely?


I think we'll take the door


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Lying is unbecoming of a knight. Duly noted," Aldous makes a quick jot in the margins of his spellbook. "I agree that my previous arrow was quite the lucky shot, I would not like to rely upon a repeat of that action in the future."

Offering the cure light wounds potion to Durnolf, "Do you require further healing, Ser Banderswel? If so, do not hesitate to use this potion."

Readying his bow again, "Yes, I believe the door is the way to go. That pit feels most distressing."


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

The door appears safe, Elizabeth presses her ear to the door.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

If nothing I don't hear anything, let us get into position. Who will enter first? Once the line up is settled, we can open the door.

If I hear something. I hear soemthing behind the door, everyone get ready. Actions as above?


male Halfling Oracle 3

Regardless of whether Elizabeht hears something or not, Gunder will cast Guidance and Virtue on everybody.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh frees up a hand from his scythe to ready a spell. "If something comes at us, I will turn the lights on very quickly," he says.

Flare readied.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Who will be in front rank? if there are creatures in there, having Tina and Durnolf up front might be a good idea, perhaps with me and Garuneh behind them.

Will take this position if there are no protests.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

When Durnolf feels stable enough in the saddle, he makes his way to the door and holds his hammer at the rday.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

agreed, Elizabeth.


You hear nothing.

Opening the door, you see a long hallway stretching ahead of you. Walking cautiiously down it, you come to a room that is a charnel house of blood, bones, and scraps of rotten flesh. Strange runes have been sloppily drawn on the walls using some dark brown pigment. A moss-covered
stone monolith stands in the center of the room, wreathed in gossamer wisps of gray mist that seem to congeal around the crumbling stone. The mist feels cold and clammy.

In addition, you see two foul creatures fighting over something in the corner of the room. They haven't yet noticed your group.

Updated Map


Tina signals for everyone to be quiet, and whispers
"How do we want to handle those things?
Have Three or Four sneak up to the stone monolith and the rest giving support at a distance?"


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

That sounds like a good idea. Elizabeth whispers back.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"I may be able to pull them to the corner, if that would help," Aldous whispers. He prepares to cast silent image of a wounded human stumbling north from the tunnel south of the monolith.

"If anyone can make the sounds of moaning or shuffling feet, that may help sell the illusion," he whispers as he readies his bow again.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"They likely have a good sense of smell to overcome the illusion...but let's try it. And I wouldn't touch that monolith," whispers Garuneh.

I think I'll save Obscuring Mist for the necromancer.

601 to 650 of 1,622 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / City of Strangers - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.