Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

City of Strangers (Inactive)

Game Master Nebten


551 to 600 of 1,622 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

in a groggy voice
"What the heck is going on?"


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

Snake thing is attacking us! I need your gauntlet my arrows do nothing! Elizabeth will attempt to slip Tina's cestus off so she can use it.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

Aldous will begin to prepare an oil flask as a splash weapon.

"Hold on, Durnolf, I am working on incinerating this monstrosity!"

Full round to prep my grenade...


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh walks towards Durnolf, following Gunder, and concentrates again across the pit. He mutters something that sounds decidedly un-serene in Vudrani.

Surge against the snake thing: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

trying to knock it back into the pit. It has demonstrated that it can climb up, so I'm not disposing of it, but it can buy us time to shake-wake the shaken. ...and that might have done it...


male Halfling Oracle 3

Gunder moves to E27.


Tina, are you moving and/or giving up your cestus?


The cestus is a strapped on glove that ends near the elbow, so it's not easy to remove.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

I'd guess the arrows are doing something and the darned thing has a bit of HP. I could be wrong, though...


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

I guess Elizabeth will not try to get it off then.


male Halfling Oracle 3

We can use torches as improvised clubs...


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

WHo has torches?


male Halfling Oracle 3

Gunder has five torches sticking out of his backpack. Also, Tina used to have a torch when we went in (Gunder gave her one from the base camp supplies). Maybe she took a new one when we left the base camp?


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

Elizabeth will grab Tina's torch then


Garuneh's surge washes over the skeleton snake, and, much like the smaller snake before it, is swept into the pit. However, after only a second, you hear the sound of bone on stone - it appears the skeletal reptile has landed on a ledge a few dozen feet below.

Spoiler:

5d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 1, 6, 3) = 17

1d20 ⇒ 5

Elizabeth - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Garuneh - 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Durnolf - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Tina - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Aldous - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Gunder - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Almost immediately after impact, you hear the familiar scrape of bone on stone, but it moves with more urgency than before.

Tina and Garuneh:

The snake is hidden in the shadows, but you manage to catch a glimpse of the creature about 20 feet below the lip of the pit.

Round 5

Initiative Order:
Tina (move only - 3/7 rounds remaining)
Elizabeth
Durnolf (dazed - 2/6 rounds remaining)
Ruckus (dazed - 1/5 rounds remaining)
Gunder (move only - 2/6 rounds remaining)
Aldous
Garuneh
Snake

Updated Map


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

Get over to Durnolf so we can fix him up! Elizabeth moves about 2 quares south of Aldous.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Not sure what I can achieve, but I will follow your recommendation," Aldous moves over towards Durnolf (next to him, if possible) and sheathes his bow. He keeps the prepared oil-flask grenade in hand and ready.


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

Anyone have a potion for him?


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

I have one :|


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

I think I moved closer to Gunder in the last round...

"It's just 20 feet below us, in the shadows of the pit!" cries out Garuneh. He runs to Gunder and takes one of his torches, intending to continue on to Durnolf.

I think the strategy could be for me to knock it down again if we don't have enough time to wake/heal everyone, then go for the torch throwing.


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

Elizabeth might as well start rooting around for her healing potion to give Durnolf when her turn comes up again.


male Halfling Oracle 3

Gunder continues to walk towards Durnolf, but he is still dazed and mutters incoherently: "... so we flushed a regular snake down the pit - and then a large skeleton snake comes out of the pit. Maybe this is a magical pit of enlarge and skeletonize snakes? ... "

(Should be at G27 now)


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5
Garuneh Lasandarman wrote:


I think the strategy could be for me to knock it down again if we don't have enough time to wake/heal everyone, then go for the torch throwing.

Sounds like a plan, arrows don't seem to do much good so we could beat it down.

Elizabeth did get a look at it and wonders if it is something other than undead.
Int or Relevent skill: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


Elizabeth:

The creature appears to be a construct - NOT undead.


Updated Map

I think we still need Tina's move and action.


"So it's down there, And I don't feel like climbing down there."


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

I just remembered something! That thing is a construct like a golem so holy water will not work! So we will need to start bashing.

You won't need to climb Tina, it is coming up after us.

Unless Tina says otherwise it looks like she is staying put. Next round?


male Halfling Oracle 3

"What?! Who would build something like that? Or maybe my theory was right after all: mechanical snake in, large mechanical skeleton snake out: pit of enlarge and skeletonize. It is still a construct, because it is still the same mechanical snake that we flung down... "

Unfortunately all my mind affecting spells work on constructs no more than they work on undead.

By the way, didn't we want to spread out? Looks like we are all gravitating towards Durnolf.


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

Well it looks like for this round we are near Durnolf


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Sorry, I wasn't that keeping strategy in mind, more like get close to one another so that we can un-shake each other more easily.


male Halfling Oracle 3

Speaking of which: what *is* our strategy? Club this thing to death with burning torches?


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

That looks like it, or keep surging it into the pit until we can get everyone moving


The sound of bone on stone suddenly comes to a stop and the chamber is silent.

Spoiler:

Tina - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Garuneh - 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Durnolf - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Tina - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Aldous - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Gunder - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

1d20 ⇒ 20

Tina, Garuneh and Aldous:

You manage to spot the creature - it is only 5' below the rim of the pit, directly below Durnolf and Aldous.

Your Own Private Map

Round 6

Initiative Order
Tina (move only - 2/7 rounds remaining)
Elizabeth
Durnolf (dazed - 1/6 rounds remaining)
Ruckus (dazed - 0/5 rounds remaining)
Gunder (move only - 1/6 rounds remaining)
Aldous
Garuneh
Snake

Updated Map

The "rounds remaining" refers to the number AFTER this round.


"Watch out, It's below you Durnolf and Aldous."


male Halfling Oracle 3

-1 means I can act normally again, right?

Gunder takes another step towards Durnolf, draws a torch from his backpack and lights it with a Spark from his hand.

(Assuming that I can draw the torch as a move action, even if it is on my back)


No, -1 means your still down.
0 is where you only get a move action.
and taking something out of a backpack is a full round action I believe.


male Halfling Oracle 3

Thanks, Tina. I somehow misinterpreted "dash space one" as "minus one".

Gunder realizes that he has been daydreaming about lighting his torch and clubbing the mechanical snake with it. He tries to get his act together and moves the last two steps towards Durnolf. (should be at H25 now)


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

Garuneh Get ready to knock it back into the pit!

Elizaeth moves to I-22 and gets her club ready to strike at at snake when//if it pops up.

Aldous! Do you have anything that can hurt the snake? Or pour a healing potion down Durnolf's throat.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"Fire first, then water!" shouts Garuneh. "'Ware the snake, Durnolf and Aldous!"

Although the rules don't say anything about Surge extinguishing torches, you'd think it would. I should have a torch from Gunder at this point, so I'm thinking I should use that and then Surge the next round. Cool? ...this is like one of those video games where you have to keep knocking the boss down. The room makes me think of (this shows you how old I am) Tempest. Anyone play Tempest?


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Aye, fire it is! Aldous 5' steps out of reach, and chucks his held grenade at the beasty. 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 touch. Damage 1d6 ⇒ 6fire 1d6 ⇒ 3. Chance to light (high is good) 1d100 ⇒ 32

Snakey can take a full round action to put himself out, DC 15 Reflex

"He's coming up, ready to blast it back, Garuneh!"


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Curse my aim!"


Aldous, eager to damage the snake doesn't put enough strength into the throw and the grenade falls harmlessly into the pit. You see a small flash as it explodes hundreds of feet below you.

The snake crawls further up the wall and shifts slightly towards a smaller prey. It raises up and lashes out at Gunder.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Gunder manages to stumble out of the way of the creature's sharp fangs.

Round 7
Initiative Order
Tina (move only - 1/7 rounds remaining)
Elizabeth
Durnolf (dazed - 0/6 rounds remaining)
Ruckus
Gunder (move only - 0/6 rounds remaining)
Aldous
Garuneh
Snake

Updated Map

Durnolf, I'll allow you to act for Ruckus.


M Wolf that can't actually breathe fire

Ruckus, following his instinct and training to attack things that attack his master, will get as close to the snake as possible bite it if given the opportunity.

bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
triiipp?: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"...this is going to be the cleanest construct these catacombs have ever seen...water, then fire it is, as we don't have our companions ready yet," mutters Garuneh through gritted teeth. He moves to Gunder's position and takes a torch. Another wave splashes out at the snake.

Surge: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Well, better than wasting a thrown torch.


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

Durnolf! Wake up! Elizabeth reaches over and shake shim.


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

Elizabeth also moves over to Durnolf and pours her CLW potion down his throat.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


male Halfling Oracle 3

"I might look tasty tasty. But I'm not that easy to catch."
No action from me this turn, unless I can draw a torch as a move action. But I think Gunder should be at H25, not at G27.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

"Awuuoooaaaah! I'll knock that skull right from your skinny neck!"

Durnolf weakly tries to swing his Earthbreaker at the snake, but his strength has not yet fully returned to him.


Ruckus takes a small bite out of the skeleton, but does only minor damage. It cannot be tripped.

The water surge doesn't do anything this time, simply cleaning off the stone floor beneath it.

Elizabeth, I didn't update the map correctly, so you can't actually move next to Durnolf - what would you prefer to do?

Gunder, you can draw a weapon.

Updated Map


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

If Elizabeth couldn't get there, Durnolf would still be injured and would use his move action to pull his potion.


male Halfling Oracle 3

thanks!
Gunder draws a torch, determined to hit the snake if it tries to bite him again.

Garuneh, come a step closer so we can flank this thing!

551 to 600 of 1,622 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / City of Strangers - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.