Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

City of Strangers (Inactive)

Game Master Nebten


501 to 550 of 1,622 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

ElizabethArdoc wrote:

Elizabeth suddenly burps out a 5' sphere of darkness.

Oops. Was that me?

Ha! That made me chuckle.

The group settles in for a rest - which passes without event. Everyone awakes feeling relatively refreshed and reenergized.

So you're heading back to the pit, correct?


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Sounds like that is the plan.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

yup. Same spells for me---druids have nothing great for undead.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

Ditto, keeping the same spell list as before.!


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Durnolf lets out a big yawn and extricates from his big, warm, fluffy bed. "Mornin, friends. Good sleep, I trust?"


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Just fine, I wonder if we can find anything else edible down here.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

"I've got a little bit more wandermeal, and some dried meat I brought down for Ruckus. If he can feed himself on dead beasties though, we could eat it in a pinch."


Elizabeth - you probably know this, but your 1 point of Con damage has healed while you rested.

The group makes the 30-minute trek back to the large pit. Now that the group is refreshed and healed up, the room looks far less-ominous than before. It helps significantly that the room is empty and silent.

Nothing To See Here:

1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Moving to the closet where the snake formerly hid, you find what appears to be a hidden vault for storing valuables. Unfortunately, it appears that the vault had been looted long ago and contains only one thing - an ornately carved stone sarcophagus about a foot from the north wall.

[spoiler=Aldous]
You recognize the runes and carvings are from ancient Thassilon.

The sarcophagus is cracked open, but you are unable to see what's inside without opening it further.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Elizabeth examines the sarcophagus for anything harmful or of note. Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

If it seems safe, she will ask Durnolf's help in opening it.


"Do you need more light, Elizabeth?"


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

I am fine, thank you.


Opening the coffin, you find it holds an extraordinarily well-preserved human man with dark hair, a high forehead, and expressive brows. He wears robes of a deep emerald, and a medallion of a seven-pointed star around his neck. He wears bracers that - should anyone cast Detect Magic - give off a faint magical aura.

Moments after opening the coffin, you hear the familiar sound of bone on stone emerging from the bottom of the pit.


"I think 'it' woke up."


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Urg.. either close the door and hope it goes away or grab the corpse and run. Decide quick.


male Halfling Oracle 3

"What for do you want to take the corpse?", Gunder asks in bewilderment.

How big is the vault? Can we see the map? (Just want to get an idea of what tactical possibilities we would have if we were to fight that thing in here.)


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Sigh..Never mind then. Best get our fighters up front unless we all want to fight on the ledge.

No doubt Elizabeth is in the back of the room?


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh looks at the bracers.

Detect Magic and Spellcraft.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

"As long as these aren't cursed, we should use them...perhaps right now. I'll see if I can knock our undead friends off the ledge--it's very convenient to have a pit nearby."

Garuneh can Surge from any square...very convenient indeed.


male Halfling Oracle 3

As the group is getting ready to fight, Gunder quickly gives his divine blessings to everybody (Guidance and Virtue, as usual).

Seeing Garuneh inspecting the bracers, something slowly dawns on him "oh ... Oh, that's why you wanted to grab the corpse, Elizabeth. I thought you wanted ... something else. Nevermind." Gunder blushes a little.


"I think we should spread out so we have room to move."


Garuneh:

They are bracers of armor +1

Updated Map


male Halfling Oracle 3

"Yes, we should!"
Thanks for changing the subject, Tina.

Just to make sure: are we spreading out in the room with the sarcophagus or in the room with the pit?


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Durnolf moves to f27 and prepares to hammer anything he can reach that starts to come over the ledge.

I think that spreading out in the sarcophagus room would still get really cozy.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15
Gunder Undertable wrote:

As the group is getting ready to fight, Gunder quickly gives his divine blessings to everybody (Guidance and Virtue, as usual).

Seeing Garuneh inspecting the bracers, something slowly dawns on him "oh ... Oh, that's why you wanted to grab the corpse, Elizabeth. I thought you wanted ... something else. Nevermind." Gunder blushes a little.

Not that hungry yet. Elizabeth moves to Durnolf's right (B26) and prepares an arrow to fire at whatever pops up.


The scraping sound continues for a few more seconds, growing ever closer. Whatever is making the noise appears to be in no hurry to reach you.

After nearly a minute, the long, sinuous skeleton of a large snake, its head a humanoid skull with a snake’s jaws, appears on the southern rim of the pit. Its mouth opens as if to hiss or scream, but no sound emerges.

Initiative Checks:

Elizabeth - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Garuneh - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Durnolf - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Tina - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Aldous - 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Gunder - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Snake Skeleton - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Surprise Round
Elizabeth, you can fire an arrow during the surprise round as you were prepared to attack whatever appeared and you can reach it.

Round 1
Updated Map

Initiative Order: Tina, Elizabeth, Durnolf, Gunder, Aldous, Garuneh, Snake

Excuse the crappy image of the snake skeleton. That was a two-minute Photoshop creation. :)


Can I move through the other players?


Yes - but it will be treated as difficult terrain as you will need to carefully balance on the ledge. Thanks for asking that - forgot to mention that.


she moves to C-20.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Elizabeth shoots!

attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Flex Time back to the minute it took for the skelesnake to climb up

Garuneh slips the gauntlets on, bowing to the corpse.
End Flex Time

Garuneh casts Produce Flame.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Durnolf urges Ruckus along to i23


male Halfling Oracle 3

Gunder tries to hit the skeleton snake with a bullet from his sling.

Attack (using guidance): 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 1 = 10

Damage: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

edit: oops. should have added a malus to the attack roll since Durnolf is already in melee range. But probably didn't hit it anyway.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Durnolf should be right out of range, I don't think Ruckus had quite enough speed to get there.


Elizabeth - need your round 1 action, too.


The moment the skeleton snake appeared, Elizabeth fired an arrow in its direction. The arrow found its mark, but the snake didn't even appear to notice the blow. It clearly did very little damage.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Oh boy that didn't look good.

Elizabeth pings again.

attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Does Aldous get a surprise round attack?


Yes. I forgot that. Again.


During the surprise round...
Aldous, his bow drawn, fires an arrow at the creature, too.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 for 1d8 ⇒ 8

The arrow lands and appears to do a little more damage than Elizabeth's, but only just. (18 arrows remaining.)

Elizabeth aims another arrow, this time the arrow strikes the hard bone and bounces off into the pit below. Gunder shoots a bullet at the thing, but misses the weaving creature. Aldous nocks an arrow and fires at the creature again.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 for 1d8 ⇒ 4

He curses as the arrow sails wide. (17 arrows remaining.)

You didn't notice until now, but the creature has been swaying back and forth in a rhythmic motion - it's almost hypnotic.

Will Checks:

Elizabeth - 1d20 ⇒ 15
Garuneh - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Durnolf - 1d20 ⇒ 3
Tina - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Aldous - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Gunder - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Ruckus - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Spoiler:

Durnolf - 2d4 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6
Tina - 2d4 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7
Gunder - 2d4 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6
Ruckus - 2d4 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5

Some of you are particularly affected by this motion - Durnolf, Ruckus, Tina and Gunder - and become dazed.

Durnolf and Gunder are dazed for 6 rounds, Tina for 7, Ruckus for 5.

Seeing that the halfling and wolf are dazed, the snake moves closer to that prey.

Round 2
Updated Map

Initiative Order:
Tina (dazed - 6/7 rounds remaining)
Elizabeth
Durnolf (dazed - 5/6 rounds remaining)
Ruckus (dazed - 4/5 rounds remaining)
Gunder (dazed - 5/6 rounds remaining)
Aldous
Garuneh
Snake


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"Very bad," says Garuneh. He lobs the fire at the skeleton-snake.

attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

We're going to get creamed if we don't take this thing out immediately.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

Apologies, I was on mini-vacation & forgot to tell you all.

Aldous will 5' step to D-20, draw and throw his holy water at the creature.

1d20 - 2 ⇒ (10) - 2 = 8 touch (+3+1 guidance-4 in melee -2 range) Damage 2d4 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7

"I hope this works better than my arrows! he mutters, before raising his voice, "Hey! Snap out of it, friends!"


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Elizabeth runs over to Gunder and shakes him. Come on Gunder, snap out of it, Durnolf is in trouble!


Garuneh's ball of fire sails wide of its mark, scorching the wall behind the snake. It's quickly put out, however, as Aldous' flask also sails wide, landing in almost the identical spot.

Elizabeth shakes Gunder who looks at her stupidly. He shakes his head, trying to clear the cobwebs.

The snake uncoils and lashes out at Durnolf.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Fortunately, the sound of breaking glass behind it distracted the creature and its attack sails wide.

Round 3
Updated Map

Initiative Order:
Tina (dazed - 5/7 rounds remaining)
Elizabeth
Durnolf (dazed - 4/6 rounds remaining)
Ruckus (dazed - 3/5 rounds remaining)
Gunder (move only - 4/6 rounds remaining)
Aldous
Garuneh
Snake


male Halfling Oracle 3

"huh, what? Durnolf! Thanks for waking me up, Elizabeth."
Gunder moves towards Durnolf as fast as he can. He tries to not look directly at the snake anymore.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh concentrates, and a blast of water pushes Durnolf away from the undead thing.

Surge: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

hope that wakes him up too...


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

that's to push/drag him one square away...on the ledge...not into the pit.


At least I'm not dazed near a ledge to a pit.


Female Human Rogue 4 (Favored-Skill Points) F2/R7/W1 HP 17/23 AC 18/FF13/T15

Elizabeth squeezes past Gunder and Garuneh and reaches out to shake Tina's shoulder. Wake up Tina! Move to B-21


The surge of water washes over Durnolf and Ruckus, pushing them away from the snake. He sits atop Ruckus, with a confused look on his face - they are both still dazed.

Still need Aldous' action.

Updated Map


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Well, water did not help, perhaps fire shall," Aldous steps up 5' (to E-20), pulls a flask of lamp oil out and tosses it at the creature.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17touch.

"Hit it with fire if you can!"


The lamp oil hits the creature and the oil splashes over its bones.

Are there actual Pathfinder rules for fire and lamp oil?

The snake inches closer and once again lashes out towards Durnolf.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

This time, the blow lands. Durnolf is rocked by the attack, but he also begins to feel the warm creep of poison entering his body.

Durnolf Fort Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

He is able to fight off the effects, however. Take 5 damage.

Round 4

Initiative Order:
Tina (move only - 4/7 rounds remaining)
Elizabeth
Durnolf (dazed - 3/6 rounds remaining)
Ruckus (dazed - 2/5 rounds remaining)
Gunder (move only - 3/6 rounds remaining)
Aldous
Garuneh
Snake

Updated Map

501 to 550 of 1,622 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / City of Strangers - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.