Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

City of Strangers (Inactive)

Game Master Nebten


451 to 500 of 1,622 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

Surprise Round time? If so, Aldous should get an action. If he does, he will cast true strike in preparation for the 1st round of combat


Let's keep the ooc talk in the discussion thread

she steps back a bit
"I hate snakes."


Aldous, yes, you can cast true strike in surprise round. Sorry I forgot about forewarned, again.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Elizabeth! Hold on!" Aldous moves to line up a better shot and lets fly with his true strike arrow.

Longbow (+3 +1guidance-4 cover -4 in melee +20 true strike) 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23 1d8 ⇒ 1

"Stay alive, Ardoc! We will destroy this metal contraption."

No worries, I forgot all the time when I ran for a diviner, he made sure to remind me :)


So, Tina - are you taking any action this round?

I know this is weird with the map and all, but I don't think you'd be able to see the snake from where you are, Aldous. You should move south around the lip of the pit (maybe to I,22) for a shot.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

Sure, that's fine. I wasn't sure where terrain was stand-able and where it wasn't.


Yeah, it's tough to tell - just assume the boxes around the rim are wide enough to stand on. Do the best you can with the grid. If you're standing over nothing, I'll let you know. ;)


GM Idyll wrote:
So, Tina - are you taking any action this round?...

Someone else is in the way


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"Banderswel, if you grab Elizabeth, I can knock that snake into the pit with a surge of water. We need to get her out of harm's way," says Garuneh.


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Stablization: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21


male Halfling Oracle 3

Gunder moves back as fast as he can to get a clear sight at what attacked elizabeth, cursing his lame leg.
He moves to E20 (using both his actions as move actions)


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

Durnolf is going to attempt to do way too many things at once. Starting with:

fast dismount with guidance: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

boo.

Durnolf takes his sweet time getting out of the saddle into the lady Ardoc's square., and the rest of this should work but I'm not 100% on it. Durnolf deliberately provokes the snake, trying to distract it by pulling out a vial of sweet minty cure light while commanding Ruckus to drag Elizabeth to safety past him (work trick to d27). If possible, Durnolf then takes a 5 ft step out of the way back to where he started.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

I hope that all worked. Garuneh delayed until Ruckus and Durnolf did their thang.

Garuneh concentrates for a moment, and a wave of water blasts at the metallic snake, pushing it towards the pit.

Surge: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Ooooh. Home run.


M Wolf that can't actually breathe fire

And boom goes the dynamite! I just hope Durnolf doesn't go with it. :I


Hmm...I'm afraid that while this was effective, Durnolf was likely caught in the blast as well. Dismount is the move action. Land in current square. 5' step into Elizabeth's square. Standard action to draw potion. Out of actions. Correct?


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

I was under the assumption that I'd dismount into Elizabeth's, as I didn't think I could share space with Ruckus since he's still up and about, but I can see yours too, and it's totally your call as GM.


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Elizabeth bleeds and wonders if being so rebellous was such a good idea.


Ok. I've thought about it and I think Durnolf's original post makes sense. And rolling a nat 20 has to mean something. So, it will go as you've described. Good work.

In a matter of seconds, Durnolf has dismounted Ruckus, moved to distract the snake and had Ruckus move Elizabeth from harm's way.

Snake AOO: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The attack lands, but does only minimal damage. Take 2 damage.

Durnolf steps back only with only a fraction of a second left to avoid Garuneh's surge of water, which pours over the snake and carries it over the edge of the deep pit.

You each earn 150XP for that. Good work!

Other than the ragged breathing of Elizabeth, the room is silent.

For a moment. You hear the slow scrape of bone on stone emerging from the bottom of the pit. Apparently your surge of water disturbed something in the depths below.


male Halfling Oracle 3

"NOW would be a good time to return to the base camp, barricate all doors behind us, and recover our strength!" Gunder suggest urgently.


male Halfling Oracle 3

Better bring Elizabeth back on her feet quick. She will need them, whether she wil make a stand with us, or run for it with us, Gunder thinks. Without waiting for the others to make their decision, he squeezes past them to get to Elizabeth. Never thought I would risk my life to save an Ardoc.
He casts Cure light wounds on her twice. Assuming there is enough time before bone horror reaches the top of the pit.

Cure light wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Cure light wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Almost out of spells now. More reason to go home for lunch and a nap.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

"Aye lad, I think you've the right of it. Do you need any help, m'lady?" He'll move to act as a second halfling crutch if necessary.

In the future should I dismount adjacent or into the same square?


Adjacent. I'd never looked too closely at the dismount rules and I'm not sure there's a clear directive (unless there is and I haven't found it).


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"Now would be a good time to run," says Garuneh.


"I agree with Ginder, we'll need to rest and let Elizabeth heal up a bit."


The group makes the long trek back to the entry of the Ossuary, slamming doors behind them as they go. The trip takes about 30 minutes, but you encounter no enemies on your return.

Updated Map

That should give you an idea of where you've explored and how far you've gone. Feel free to RP anything that you'd like or just tell me taht you're ready to go 8 (or how ever many) hours later.


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Urg..Augh..Wha? Elizabeth wakes up. What hit me? After Elizabeth wakes up and she is updated she nods to Gunder. Thanks for your help.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"That serpent was some sort of guardian. Such an odd place. The naginis are liars instead of guardians, and in their place are some form of construct. The entryway it was guarding must lead to something important. I hope we didn't inadvertently aid the necromancer in obtaining something," says Garuneh.

"Glad to see you are still with us, Elizabeth," he continues.


male Halfling Oracle 3

still at the pit:

"Don't mention it, Elizabeth. You should rest now. Unfortunately this seems to be neither the right time nor the right place to rest. Do you think you can walk?"

Gunder feels most uneasy about the idea of having played into the necromancer's hands. "I wish you hadn't just said that. We should at least close that hidden door and hope that the necromancer won't notice it. There's not enough time to do much more now, I fear."

back at the base camp:

Gunder is relieved when they reach the base camp and secure the last door behind them.

After making sure everyone is okay, he turns his mind to eating. (I still have one spell left, if anyone needs to be cured.)

He rummages through the supplies looking for a frying pan and butter.

"Garuneh - You are sure that the darkmantle is safe to eat, right?"


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Elizabeth flops down for the time being.


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"That could have gone worse, I suppose. It is unfortunate we alerted whatever is down at the bottom of that pit. At least we managed to get away without serious injury." Aldous idly flips through his spellbook and feeds crumbs to Dragon.

"Do we have a plan for how to proceed beyond that pit?"


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Well there seemed to be a door on the other side besides the hidden one. We can try that door or investigate the room the metal snake was in.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

let me know if that tells me if darkmantle is edible.

"I would try the door we unlocked, before it is investigated further," says Garuneh.

"What are our best resources for combatting the undead?


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

I do believe that we have holy water.


Garuneh:

The darkmantle is edible, but its meat is incredibly fatty and likely won't taste very good.

It's possible I made that up, but it makes sense, right?


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh pokes at the darkmantle. "While it would be poetic to eat that which tried to eat us, I fear it wouldn't taste very good. It's mostly fat and gristle."


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Fat is flavor, plus it will give us energy. I wonder if we can eat the spiders.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

"Well it should do for ruckus anyway. Could we grill up some one spider legs?"


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

"Grill them all and feed them to Ruckus, if no one else," suggests Garuneh.

heh. Almost a Metallica reference.


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

So, eat vermin and take a nap.


M Halfling Order of the Dragon Gendarme Cavalier 1

"Well I'll give it a shot. I've got wandermeal to fill in the gaps and ale to wash it all down."


male Halfling Oracle 3

"I will have some crispy darkmantle skin fried in its own fat, and some grilled spider legs. Something to spice up these rations. And I'll at least try a small bite of the darkmantle meat, I think Elizabeth here has a point about fat carrying flavor. Besides, you never know whether something is delicious until you tried."
Gunder hands some delicious darkmantle and spider legs to Elizabeth, Durnolf and anyone else willing to try.

I'm ready to go to bed and then continue to disturb some more ancient evil. When going back north, Gunder will cast Guidance and Virtue on everybody at every door and intersection. Just in case that thing from the pit is waiting for us somewhere.


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Elizabeth nibbles on her Darkmantle somewhat catiously before wiping her mouth. Ehh..Something to stave off starvation. I guess it is an aquired taste. So, Back to the pit or try out a different door?


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

I will be afk for a bit today---ready to go back to that door, though.


male Halfling Oracle 3

"Back to the pit I'd say. I want to find out what that snake was guarding. (And hope that the necromancer didn't find it before we get back)"


male Halfling Oracle 3

Gunder nibbles on his spider leg happily. "You should try the webs, Elizabeth. Maybe they are more to your liking. There's this fancy Goblin restaurant in Hospice. Of course it's tailored to the tourists' taste - not very authentic Goblin cuisine. But this kind of reminds me of the food they serve there."


"It kinda tastes, like the Kernal's Chicken."


Male Elf Diviner 4 Init +11 | AC 14, T13, FF 11 | HP 22/22 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5 | Longbow +5, 1d8-1 |

"Thank you for the offer, but I will eat the wandermeal I brought with me." Aldous continues to read his spellbook and feed Dragon.

"So we rest, re-prepare spells, and press on in the morning?"


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Yes.


Super Awesome Vudrani Druid 3
Stats:
Init +2 Per + 10| AC 14/12/12 HP 26/28 | F +4/R +3/W +7 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | Surge +7 7/7

Garuneh partakes of the spider, but not the darkmantle. "It would have been interesting to isolate its dark-producing organ. However, you probably ate it," he says jokingly.

He also takes some rations and water and starts to think about spells for tomorrow.


Female Human Wizard 4 HP 27/27|AC 11T11/FF10|F3R2W5(7Fear) Per+3 Init+5

Elizabeth suddenly burps out a 5' sphere of darkness.

Oops. Was that me?

451 to 500 of 1,622 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / City of Strangers - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.