Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

City of Nine Stars -- City of Twilight (Inactive)

Game Master therealthom

Council of Thieves


3,251 to 3,300 of 4,453 << first < prev | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | next > last >>
The Exchange

F Human Wizard (Conjuror) 5

Emboldened by her success, and unaware of how very persuasive she had been, Zarabeta attempts to bluff the forming Lemure into attacking the one attacking Raven.

message spell again, Bluff check 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 5 (Favoured Class)

Round 3

Marius steps up to the creature burbling in Infernal at Calsienca.. and wastes no time in stabbing it with his new Shortsword..however his lingering nausea makes the blow not as effective as he would have liked.

MWk Silver Short Sword 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 Damage 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 no reduction.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Wilder 5th | AC13 | HP39 | Str 10 | Dex 15 | Con 13 | PP37/37

Waifrin struggles to her feet, guts still heaving, and takes a step to get into a clear position to target the materialising Lemur. When it fully materialises, she unleashes a blast of psychic power at it. Chanting in Azlanti for effect, she summons her anger let's fly with a sonic energy ray. Her eyes glow with energy that crackles around her, and a sharp retort sets everyone's ears' ringing.

Wild surged energy ray, augmented to 4pp, if it is not emerged yet, treat as a readied action.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 Damage: 6d6 - 6 ⇒ (6, 2, 1, 6, 6, 5) - 6 = 20

Enervation (15%): 1d100 ⇒ 52


Don't forget +1 for Inspire Courage


Male Elf Rogue 5th

Relieved that it proved a bit too clumsy to hit him, Raven attacks the creature once again, aiming the point of his rapier at what passes for its head.

Melee attack (masterwork rapier) 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 1 = 18
Damage (piercing) 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4


hogarth, you still have a round 2 action coming if you want it. We'll retcon its effects.

Destpite a lack of weight behind the blow, Marius cuts his foe. The lemure turns from Calseinica and squares off with the gladiator.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 ... damage 1d4 ⇒ 3
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 ... damage 1d4 ⇒ 3

Raven buries his rapier in the lemure's head, but it apparently shrugs off the blow and, ignoring Zarabeta's whisper, charges the elf.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 ... damage 1d4 ⇒ 2
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 ... damage 1d4 ⇒ 4

Perform 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Calseinica shreiks and starts to crumble. She steps back and flails wildly with her whip at the lemure.

Drovalid stares at Raven. "Are you using a normal blade?" he asks in disbelief. "Take this. Smear it on your sword." He presses a small jar into Raven's hand. Then he takes up a defensive posture beside the elf with one of his larger knives gleaming in his hand.

Waifrin waits to time her attack.

Fiosa has a round 3 action coming too.

Round 4 initiative:
Marius, Zarabeta, Raven, Waifrin 15+

3x Lemures, 15 (a fourth forming)

Calseinica, 13,
Drovalid 9,
Fiosa, 6

The Exchange

F Human Wizard (Conjuror) 5

Zarabeta uses her lesser magics to whisper a message to Raven.

"Fight defensively, with flourish, if you cannot kill them, they will fade in less than a minute."


Fiosa, unless someone starts bleeding, just keeps her piping going.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 5 (Favoured Class)

Marius scowls at his own feeble attack and launches a ferocious strike with both blades.

Silver sword1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 damage 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Mwk Sword1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 Damage1d6 + 6 - 5 ⇒ (6) + 6 - 5 = 7

He whirls away from the collaping body to face the next foe.

Do I get a bonus to my performance roll for that?


Male Elf Rogue 5th

"Thank you," Raven replies a little groan of pain as the demon's attack connects, right before opening the jar and applying its contents on his rapier.

Round 4

Standard action to apply whatever Drovalid gave Raven on his sword.


I'll assume Raven steps back while he does that.

With a second target near at hand, the lemure doesn't pursue Raven. Instead he turns his attention to Drovalid.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 ... 1d1d4 ⇒ 2
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 ... damage 1d4 ⇒ 4

The claws leave ragged bloody furrows in the actor's arms and stomach.

Marius carves his opponent a new belly button and the lemure settles slowly to the floor. The crowd applauds, but his moment of glory lasts only until Waifrin purees the newly formed lemure.

Calseinica takes heart from the lemure's demise and waves her whip around. Drovalid tries to take revenge for his wounds.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 ... damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

His lemure, too, sinks to the ground.

In the wings, Robahl is moving his arms like someone pulling taffy.

Fiosa, Zarabeta:

Spoiler:
Millech grumbles, "They're killing 'em too fast."

Round 5 initiative:
Marius, Zarabeta, Raven, Waifrin 15+

1 Lemures, 15 (freshly formed with a fifth (the last) forming)

Calseinica, 13,
Drovalid 9,
Fiosa, 6


Fiosa wrinkles her nose in disgust, but then heals everyone (including the lemures) with a blast of positive energy, while still continuing to pipe.

2d6 ⇒ (4, 6) = 10

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Wilder 5th | AC13 | HP39 | Str 10 | Dex 15 | Con 13 | PP37/37

Waifrin will hold her readied action (above) for a clear shot, then let one of the last lemures have it as a finale.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 5 (Favoured Class)

Marius throws a quick wink to Waif as she disposes of the lesser devil and turns to his next target his silver sword flicking out and carving the letter A on it's chest.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20 damage 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


I'll take that as Fiosa's round 4 action. That may be the worst good healing roll I've ever seen.

Waifrin used her held blast in round 4.

Last Vestige of Aroden wrote:
Marius ..., but his moment of glory lasts only until Waifrin purees the newly formed lemure.

Round 5 retconned for Fiosa's healing:

The lemures surge upward again, ready to continue the fight.

Round 5 initiative:
Marius, Zarabeta, Raven, Waifrin 15+

4 Lemures, 15 (with the last forming)

Calseinica, 13,
Drovalid 9,
Fiosa, 6

I've got to say, the back stage crew has really gone above and beyond during this fight. Kudos!


Undiscouraged by the resurrection of of his foe, Marius puts him down again with a flourish.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Wilder 5th | AC13 | HP39 | Str 10 | Dex 15 | Con 13 | PP37/37

My bad.

Waifrin flashes a quick grin to Marius as her exultation flows through her, and hurls her surge blast against the nearest un-engaged lemure.

Attack (ranged touch): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 Damage: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 6) + 1 = 8

...and succeeds only in destroying the scenery.


Zara and Raven up for top of round 5. Good thing Waif specified unengaged lemure.

The Exchange

F Human Wizard (Conjuror) 5

Zarabeta attempts to use ghost sounds to aid the performance, causing a moaning voice to arise from the mishappen figure before Marius, "You cannot kill the child of your own sin!"

Performance check, w/ +2 bonus 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Male Elf Rogue 5th

Heeding Zarabeta's whispered advice, Raven takes care to fight defensively, albeit with a bit of exaggerated swordplay whenever he attacks or parry an incoming strike.

Round 5

Fighting defensively against the closest beastie (-4 to attack, +2 to AC).

Melee attack (masterwork rapier) 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 1 - 4 = 18
Damage (piercing) 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6

Perform (Act) 1d20 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 1 + 6 = 26


Fiosa stops her piping, since the lemures are clearly outclassed anyways. She watches on anxiously, looking for any injuries on the performers.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 5 (Favoured Class)

Marius engages another Lemure his silver sword weaving a scintillating patern of light as he carves the devil.

Silver sword 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 Damage 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Mwk Sword 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

and another max damage hit..


Raven's rapier bites deeply. The lemure wavers.

The last lemure forms. Shoulder to shoulder the hellspawn surge to attack.

4d5 ⇒ (3, 5, 3, 2) = 13

Waifrin:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 ... damage 1d1d4 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 ... damage 1d1d4 ⇒ 4
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 ... damage 1d1d4 ⇒ 4
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 ... damage 1d1d4 ⇒ 2

Calseinica:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 ... damage 1d1d4 ⇒ 3
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 ... damage 1d1d4 ⇒ 2

Raven:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 ... damage 1d1d4 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 ... damage 1d1d4 ⇒ 1

Sorry, Dabbler, sometimes the dice are cruel.

Calseinica screeches as one lemure rakes her side. She tries to counterattack, uselessly.

Drovalid joins Raven in attacking his foe.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 ... damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Three lemures left. One of Waif's looks woozy.

Round 6.

Marius leaves another lemure gushing blood, but still standing.

Three lemures left. Both of Waif's look bad.


Fiosa channels energy, excluding the devils this time.

2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Wilder 5th | AC13 | HP39 | Str 10 | Dex 15 | Con 13 | PP37/37

Meh, Waifrin was on full health, it's not like she can't sustain a few hits.

Waifrin curses fluently as she stumbles back from the assault, blood streaking her clothing 5' step back.

Grinning fiercely she raises one hand and, chanting fluently in Azlanti, let's loose a hail of glittering shards to slash through the lemures.

Swarm of Crystals:

Metacreativity (Creation)
Level: Psion/wilder 2
Display: Material
Manifesting Time: 1 standard action
Range: 15 ft.
Area: Cone-shaped spread
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None
Power Resistance: No
Power Points: 3
Thousands of tiny crystal shards spray forth in an arc from your hand. These razorlike crystals slice everything in their path. Anyone caught in the cone takes 3d4 points of slashing damage.
Augment: For every additional power point you spend, this power’s damage increases by 1d4 points.

Augmenting with wild surge to 5 points effective.

Damage: 5d4 ⇒ (3, 1, 2, 1, 2) = 9
Enervation 15%: 1d100 ⇒ 65


Waifrin shreds another lemure.

Leaves one damaged one attacking her, and a brand spanking new one attacking Calseinica. Zarabeta and Raven, then lemures and the NPCs.

The Exchange

F Human Wizard (Conjuror) 5

Zarabeta continues attempting to assist in the performance checks, using ghost sound or prestidigitation as the events warrant.

Perform check w/+2 to Aid Other on the next Peform check made by someone else, or on it's own, if no one else is making a check at the moment. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Woo! I made a DC 10! Time to hit American Idol! :)

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 5 (Favoured Class)

Is the Lemure attacking Calsienca reachable with a 5'step...?


Only cause I want to see you unload on it, (and we previously established your proximity to Cal) but you've already gone for round 6. Let Raven and the NPCs have a go at it first.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 5 (Favoured Class)

Just asking for future reference.

Marius indicates to Raven that he should dispatch the wounded Lemure.


Male Elf Rogue 5th

"Might as well," Raven mutters and quickly moves against the lemure, his blade flashing as it seeks its target.

Melee attack (masterwork rapier) 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 1 = 24
Damage (piercing) 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5


After Raven's strike, the lemure collapses. Drovalid stabs at it too.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 ... damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

The last lemure snuffles forward, swiping at Calsienica.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 ... damage 1d4 ⇒ 3

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 ... damage 1d4 ⇒ 3

More shrieking and whip waving.

Fiosa, bottom of this round if she chooses. Then top of the next -- Marius, Raven, Waifrin, and Zarabeta.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 5 (Favoured Class)

Next round..

Marius unloads a hail of blows on the Lemure but his new sword fails to wound the thing and the other delivers but a scratch toit's unnatural hide

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 Damage1d6 + 6 - 5 ⇒ (1) + 6 - 5 = 2

He hopes he has diverted it's attention from the almost defenceless Actress.


Seeing that everything seems to be going well enough, Fiosa resorts to some mundane dramatic flute playing.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

The Exchange

F Human Wizard (Conjuror) 5

Zarabeta uses ghost sound to have the last Lemure appear to say something vaguely sinister in these last moments of it's sorry existence. "You cannot destroy your sins so easily, we shall slither back within you!"

Perform check, +2 bonus 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Another 10! She's consistent, our Zee.


Raven, Waif?

Marius manages to draw a trickle of blood.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Wilder 5th | AC13 | HP39 | Str 10 | Dex 15 | Con 13 | PP37/37

Waifrin takes a deep breath and refocuses her mind (regaining psionic focus for this round), then draws her punching dagger as she moves to flank the remaining lemure.


Temporizing while waiting for Castor....

Calseinica screams, jumps back and flicks her whip at the clawed blob. Drovalid settles for throwing his knife at it.

Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 ... damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Confirm 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 ... damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Second time today I've crit'd one of my monsters. Why do I never roll this well against the PCs?

C'mon Raven. One good hit will end it.


Male Elf Rogue 5th

"You shall slither away from us, demon, and back to where you crawled your way out of," Raven retorts and strikes at the last of the fiends, seeking to end the fight with one swift stab at the creature's misshapen head.

Melee attack (masterwork rapier) 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 1 = 16
Damage (piercing) 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8

Perform (Act) 1d20 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 1 + 6 = 17


Raven finishes his line in a fully extended lunge. His sword transfixes the head of the last lemure.

End of act. Curtain falls to applause. Delour sings.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 5 (Favoured Class)

"Well done everyone..Fiosa see to the wounded.." Marius picks up a cloth and wipes Devil ichor from his swords.

"Just one act to go..Let's not do anything stupid people"

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Wilder 5th | AC13 | HP39 | Str 10 | Dex 15 | Con 13 | PP37/37

"Hell no," Waifrin shakes herself. "What's next? A Horde of Monsters? How are they going to create that? Illusions?"


How many people are injured and by how much?


Calseinica is wounded. Not life threatening, but if you're offering...


If she's the only one who's hurt, Fiosa will use her Bless spell for a Cure Light Wounds.

"There, Miss. I hope you're feeling better now."

1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Wilder 5th | AC13 | HP39 | Str 10 | Dex 15 | Con 13 | PP37/37

Waifrin turns to Calseinica.

"Listen, if they throw anything real at us, keep behind Raven, Marius and I. We know how to deal with this sort of thing, and we'll try and keep you safe. Besides, if there's anything nasty you don't want to get in the way when I cut loose at it," she grins briefly.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 5 (Favoured Class)

Marius nods in response to Waifs comment.."Aye Lass we wouldn't want you to get hurt..if anything gets past us..run"


Calseinica thanks Fiosa for the healing, "... I feel quite recovered now, thanks ...."

Backstage, four hands use rollers and block and tackles to maneuver a big crate behind the "Gate of Hell" scenery. You could easily hold four war-horses in that crate. A hoist line is rigged to the stage-side wall of the crate; apparently it will just lift up to unleash whatever is within onto the stage.

Prep and plan. Get your performance rolls out of the way. I need a day off.


Fiosa gives 6 of the actors a final blessing -- a Touch of Glory that will greatly improve their performances.

Use 6 applications of Touch of Glory domain ability. This gives the subject a +3 bonus to a single Charisma-based check that's attempted within the next hour.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Wilder 5th | AC13 | HP39 | Str 10 | Dex 15 | Con 13 | PP37/37

"I had to ask," Waifrin mutters. "All right. I'll move to the fore, hit whatever comes out with my blast of crystals and then fall back, Marius. That should soften up the first few to come at you. After that I'll try and pick off any that I can. If any of these things - whatever is in there - attack the audience, I'll handle it. I'm the best at ranged strikes."

Waifrin will ready her action to blast whatever comes out with swarm of crystals as soon as they draw close enough. Then she will five-foot step behind Marius.

3,251 to 3,300 of 4,453 << first < prev | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / City of Nine Stars -- City of Twilight All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.