Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


City of Nine Stars -- City of Twilight (Inactive)

Game Master therealthom

Council of Thieves


101 to 150 of 4,453 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Human Fighter 1/Ranger 1

"Let's see if anything left any footprints or somesuch. I doubt anyone has swept the floor lately!"

Mother casts an eye on the tunnel so see what clues she can find.

Track: 1d20+5=20


Male Human (Chelish-Azlanti) Cleric 4
Zarabeta wrote:
"Everyone, try to find where the mark was, someone, or something, must have wiped it away. We can't wander around waiting for the Order of the Rack to catch up..."

"Neither can we afford to spend time dallying here," Akorian calls from somewhere in the back of the group, "If the sign is missing then something else lurks in these sewers with the intelligence to know what it indicated. So, let's be doubly vigilant. But most of all, lets keep moving and look for sign of another mark at the next intersection."

Andoran

Male Human Fighter 5 (Favoured Class)

Marius takes not of Ravens words..this one bears watching..his cousin might be tough on the outside but he isnt sure she is as hard as she likes to think and charmers like that always get his hackles up"

At Morosinos admission he looks around at the lad...some one not done therer job huh..ok it shouldnt be too hard to find our way out of here"


Male Elf Rogue 5th

Raven has already rolled for a Perception check and came up with 11 a few posts back.

"I suppose we could take a moment or two to search for the missing sign or anything else that might point us to the right direction. But I agree with Akorian; we should not take too long to move on ahead."

As he checks for anything of interest along with the rest of his companions, an idea occurs to him. Not a thought he is particularly fond of, but he speaks his mind nevertheless. "Of course, I could always scout ahead on my own for a little, while the rest of you remain here and look for the missing sword."

He shrugs almost nonchalantly. "Not that I am anxious to move through any part of these sewers by myself, but it is an option I suppose."

Qadira

F Human Wizard (Conjuror) 5

At Raven's suggestion of scouting ahead, Zarabeta speaks up. "Absolutely not. If shadow beasts lurk down here, you should not face them alone."

'And I'm not letting you out of my sight, to report our position to our pursuers,' she thinks to herself.


Male Human (Chelish-Azlanti) Cleric 4
Zarabeta wrote:
At Raven's suggestion of scouting ahead, Zarabeta speaks up. "Absolutely not. If shadow beasts lurk down here, you should not face them alone."

"I'm inclined to agree with the lady, Raven," Akorian interjects, "Even with your skills, there's no denying a shadow beast...or nightstalker or whatever's said to lurk down here...would prove a far deadlier match. It's better if we all stay together and move together. I just think we should keep moving. If Janiven's folks have marked every intersection, it should be easy enough to find another clue a further on. And that puts more distance between us and the Hellknights."

Andoran

Male Human Fighter 5 (Favoured Class)

"Aye you have a good point.This way then."

Marius leads off to the left his eyes searching the dimly lit tunnels for anything that might lurk ahead..unfortunately he sees nothing.

perception 1d20+1=8


Aside from the missing mark (Waifrin points out the smeared portion of the wall where it was) there is nothing of note here.

Mother Vangelis looks for tracks and upon close examination there are signs of a surprising amount of traffic: Small humanoid feet, normal human size feet, a sluglike-slithery thing that may travel in company with a creature whose multiple limbs end in claws and which wanders up walls quite frequently. None of the signs appear to be recent (within hours).

Zarabeta gets no response on detect magic.

Janiven says, "The safe house is to the southwest. If we just keep heading that way we should pick up the mark again. And you're right, we should keep moving. Lead on, Marius."

***

The next intersection has no mark, nor the second. After a turn to the right, you come to a crossing of two tunnels. Raven spots a wiped area where a sword might have been. Straight ahead seems most southwest (SW) -ish. The tunnel to the left has some movable-looking debris blocking that route. The tunnel to the right is open.

does anyone have sense direction or something similar?

From behind you, by a trick of the echoes, you hear voices. Looking back you see nothing in the darkness.

Postmonster devoured last night's prose. Pultizer quality stuff really. Disappointing to replace it with this, but expediency rules.


Female Human Fighter 1/Ranger 1

"Well, I'll be snookered," Mother Vangelis comments as she squats back on her heels. "For a sewer, there's one heck of a lot of traffic down here. Big feet, little feet, spider things and who-knows-what! O.K., lead on, folks!"

Andoran

Female Human Wilder 5th | AC13 | HP39 | Str 10 | Dex 15 | Con 13 | PP37/37

"Some one - or something - is following us," Waifrin mutters, constantly looking back over her shoulder.


Male Human (Chelish-Azlanti) Cleric 4

"Quiet!" Akorian admonishes those talking, "Let whoever it is pass us by...or walk into our ambush...rather than giving them the courtesy of knowing we're down here with them. Douse or lower the lights as best you can. Raven? I trust your elven eyes better than ours. Tell us if you see anything approaching from either direction."

The nobleman whispers a hurried prayer to Milani in the hope she'll see them through whatever comes their way. And then he loads his crossbow.

Casting guidance on Akorian. Duration is 1 minute.


Good plan, Neil, but I gave the wrong impression. Whoever is talking back there is far away. The voice is a faint echo. You may choose to wait for them, but they may not even pass by. They may take another turn before reaching you. You may reconsider casting the spell. Janiven and Morosino don't know the way with the sword blazes, so whatever way the party wants to go is as good as another. It's your choice.

Andoran

Female Human Wilder 5th | AC13 | HP39 | Str 10 | Dex 15 | Con 13 | PP37/37

"For crying out loud just move, will you?" Waifrin hisses.


Male Elf Rogue 5th
Akorian Henderthane wrote:
"Quiet!" Akorian admonishes those talking, "Let whoever it is pass us by...or walk into our ambush...rather than giving them the courtesy of knowing we're down here with them. Douse or lower the lights as best you can. Raven? I trust your elven eyes better than ours. Tell us if you see anything approaching from either direction."

"I can look my friend, but those sounds seemed too faint, as if coming from too far away to be of any importance. I do not think we should be worried about them, whatever they are, catching up to us at the moment."

Raven, however, tries to see if he can discern anything in the various tunnels, both the one the group came from as well as the three possible routes that lie in front of them.

"We should make a decision sooner or later though. The not-so-friendly people coming after us will probably finish making their way from the tavern to the sewers in a few minutes. I am sure they will not find us all that easily, but why take the chance?"

Perception 16 (10 +6)
Invisible Castle seems to be down, so I rolled it here: http://www.rpglife.com/roller
As for sense direction, perhaps Survival or Knowledge (Dungeoneering) or Knowledge (Engineering)? Not really sure...

Andoran

Male Human Fighter 5 (Favoured Class)

"If I were the Hellknight Commander..I'd be dropping men down into the sewers at key points..in the off chance that they might encounter their quarry." growls Marius

"Lets proceeed with caution..no point in running into a fight unprepared.."

He continues his journey down the tunnel moving as quietly as he can.

Thom..as in the CoCT game I have no problems with you making the necessary roles for perception and stealth


Male Human (Chelish-Azlanti) Cleric 4

"Well, at least if the Hellknights do venture down here, there's a chance they'll run into whoever...or whatever...is making those noises then," Akorian responds, "I agree with Marius and the Waif. Let's move."

Andoran

Female Human Wilder 5th | AC13 | HP39 | Str 10 | Dex 15 | Con 13 | PP37/37

"For all we know it IS the Hellknights," Waifrin mutters. "That's why I want to keep moving."


Male Elf Rogue 5th

"Besides, if we cannot find any clues as to which path we should follow, we could always let Desna decide and choose one at random."

Qadira

F Human Wizard (Conjuror) 5

"It is decided. We move. Lead on Morosino, best guess." Zarabeta hisses, annoyed with the delay.

Barring physical restraint, she urges the young lad forward and follows behind him.

Andoran

Female Human Wilder 5th | AC13 | HP39 | Str 10 | Dex 15 | Con 13 | PP37/37

"Oh damn," Waifrin shakes her head. "What if our way was behind that pile of debris? I mean, something rubbed out the marks, what if it blocked the passage to make sure we got lost? Then it could ... pick us off at leisure." She looks around again, feeling the darkness beyond the pool of light from the two sunrods pressing in.

Paranoid? maybe just a little ...

Qadira

F Human Wizard (Conjuror) 5

"If we stick together and remain calm, nothing will be able to pick us off. Second-guessing each decision will just result in us waiting around for the Hellknights to bring us to the gallows." Zarabeta says with quiet confidence.

If we're going to make a mistake, might as well be decisive about it. she thinks to herself with a rueful grin.


Female Human Fighter 1/Ranger 1

"Don't worry, darlin'," Mother tries to reassure Waif. "I'm sure we'll be out of this place and having a nice bath in no time!"

Andoran

Female Human Wilder 5th | AC13 | HP39 | Str 10 | Dex 15 | Con 13 | PP37/37

"I know, I know," Waifrin whispers back. "Patience was never one of my virtues, you know?" She keeps looking around, as if by force of will she can stare into the shadows.

"I guess if we're down here long enough it'll get dark above, and we can at least get our bearings on the streets. Not that they'll be any safer than down here at night, from Hellknights, shadowspawn or both, but at least we won't be lost into the bargain."


Janiven listens to the party's comments and decides to go straight. "Let's move out. Before the Hellknights catch up."

Perception DC 17:

Spoiler:
There's a pair of eyes looking at the party through the pile of debris blocking the side passage.

Perception DC 19 :

Spoiler:
The eyes belong to a goblin, and there's another one better hidden beside him. They remain motionless.

Perception DC 21:

Spoiler:
There's actually a third. He's pressed into an alcove about 20' down the blocked passage.

Edit: (Waifrin may use her last role of 24.)
Edit2: Read all spoiler your roll equals or beats.


Female Human Fighter 1/Ranger 1

Perception: 1d20+2=19

Andoran

Male Human Fighter 5 (Favoured Class)

"Right then..keep that light up Morosino I need to see to hit things.."
Marius turns and leads off down the tunnel again.

perception 1d20=11..blind as a bat


Female Human Fighter 1/Ranger 1

"goblins..." Mother mutters as discreetly as possible, flicking her eyes in their direction.

Andoran

Female Human Wilder 5th | AC13 | HP39 | Str 10 | Dex 15 | Con 13 | PP37/37

"Three of 'em," Waifrin confirms in a low hiss, "maybe more. They must have wiped the signs ..."


Male Elf Rogue 5th
Mother Vangelis wrote:
"goblins..." Mother mutters as discreetly as possible, flicking her eyes in their direction.

Since I guess the adventurers can see which way Mother is signaling towards, which direction is that? One of the three paths in front of us I assume.


Female Human Fighter 1/Ranger 1

The side passage blocked with debris.


Male Elf Rogue 5th

"Hmm... I must not be paying attention to have missed them." The rogue's words seem to hint of a sort of mild disappointment, but he quickly regains his usual tone. He does keep his voice low though.

"This does create a bit of a dilemma, does it not? Just as we have seen them, so may the opposite be true as well. Thus, if we move on down the middle passage as Janiven just proposed, how can we be sure that the goblins will not chase after us? Perhaps we should deal with them here and now?"


Male Human (Chelish-Azlanti) Cleric 4

Invisible Castle appears to be down. I used the other website Raven provided above. Perception check... 1d20+3 = 18

"Dilemma or not," Akorian notes, "We're carrying lights they can easily see...and from a lot further away than we can see them. So they know we're here. And if they know, they'll surely be sneaking up behind us. Better to eliminate them now while we can. Or the Hellknights may track them, tracking us..."

The priest raises his crossbow to aim at the only goblin he can see among the debris filled hallway, preparing to fire.


Male Elf Rogue 5th

Reaching into his clothes, Raven takes out a hand crossbow concealed on his person up until now, his intention to back the cleric up if it comes down to fighting quite clear. The weapon is already loaded and, although he does not point it towards the debris-filled passageway just yet, he is ready to do so if needed.

'Maybe there is still a chance to keep going without a fight?' he thinks to himself, but without much conviction.


Female Human Fighter 1/Ranger 1

"Sounds good to me. Those gobbos won't know what hit them..."

Mother Vangelis gets ready to launch herself into the pile of debris and do some good, ol' fashioned goblin strangling.

Andoran

Female Human Wilder 5th | AC13 | HP39 | Str 10 | Dex 15 | Con 13 | PP37/37

Waifrin shifts her staff uncomfortably, and keeps checking behind the party ... what if goblins were already following us?


Seeing weapons come out the goblins squawk and begin to wriggle out from under the barrier's debris.

Initiaitve all around. The debris is not especially thick or heavy, so the goblins will not be under any penalty other than a -2 on their roll. Nor, once they move, are the two in the barrier concealed or in cover. We'll skip surprise and go right into a full round Those who beat 5 for initiative may post their first round actions.

Andoran

Female Human Wilder 5th | AC13 | HP39 | Str 10 | Dex 15 | Con 13 | PP37/37

Using CoCo: Initiative 1d20+3=22

As the warriors attack, Waifrin drops a bullet into her sling, and lets fly a shot at the far goblin that only she seems to have spotted.

Attack & Damage: 1d20+2=21 1d4=4 wow I'm on a roll!

Qadira

F Human Wizard (Conjuror) 5

Zarabeta sees and hears nothing until the creatures squawk and begin to move forward. She wrestles with herself what to do. She suspects that she could end this encounter in a second, but that option is only available a single time today...

She holds her action until she can see a Goblin, then hurls a dart of golden-green acid at the brute.

Perception 6, Initiative 17, attack roll 23 (confirm crit 10), damage 4

Spoiler:

Link Edit Private Delete 0 Zarabeta Acid dart confirm crit 1d20+3 7/20 10 0 2009-09-17 03:11:07
Link Edit Private Delete 0 Zarabeta Acid dart roll 1d20+3 20/20 23 0 2009-09-17 03:10:12
Link Edit Private Delete 0 Zarabeta Acid dart damage 1d6 4/6 4 0 2009-09-17 03:10:12
Link Edit Private Delete 0 Zarabeta Initiative 1d20+3 17/20 20 0 2009-09-17 03:01:24
Link Edit Private Delete 0 Zarabeta Perception roll 1d20 6/20 6 0 2009-09-17 02:59:19


[ooc] Going senile, forgot the Map.

Goblins and barricade in G & I 13 third goblin in G17. Party moving from left to right across the map.


Male Human (Chelish-Azlanti) Cleric 4

Initiative check... 1d20+3 = 12

With his eyes carefully trained on the debris, Akorian clearly spots his target as soon as the goblins move. He's a little surprised to see more than the one he noticed, but reminds himself that's why they could have been so dangerous sneaking up on the group if they had chosen to pass them by.

He crouches just a bit to give himself a straight shot and then fires...

Ranged attack with light crossbow... 1d20+2 = 16
Damage... 1d8 = 5 hp


Male Elf Rogue 5th

Initiative 1d20 +6 = 8
The dice hate me...

"Oh, well..."

With a soft sigh Raven points his hand crossbow at the first goblin he is able to see once they start moving out from under the debris. Taking advantage of the fact that, not only has he proven faster than any of the creatures, but also that there is a bit of distance between them, he uses this chance to aim carefully before finally letting loose a bolt.

Ranged attack (hand crossbow) 1d20 +4 = 22
Damage 1d4 +1d6 = 7
I assume we are within 30 feet of the goblins and they do not have concealment since they have started moving, so sneak attack applies. If, however, it does not, Raven does a spectacular 1 point of damage...

Andoran

Female Human Wilder 5th | AC13 | HP39 | Str 10 | Dex 15 | Con 13 | PP37/37

Can people post their starting position and movement, I can track this on the tactical map and post it up if therealthom is OK with me taking on the grunt-work.

Qadira

F Human Wizard (Conjuror) 5

Since Zarabeta was last to notice them, I'm gonna assume that she walked an extra step ahead, unaware of why everyone else was slowing down. She'll be in G7 at the beginning of the round, and, when the goblins become evident, will hop over to I7, to make room for her allies.


Female Human Fighter 1/Ranger 1

1d20+5=8

Mother rushes forward, biting back a whoop of excitement, and grabs one of the goblins in a hammerlock. "Alrighty, now let's see you get out of this, you little so-and-so," she mutters to herself.

CMB check: 1d20+8=18, assuming any of them are still alive


Waifrin Goddon wrote:
Can people post their starting position and movement, I can track this on the tactical map and post it up if therealthom is OK with me taking on the grunt-work.

I am so happy you're playing. By all means be the map master.

Akorian's and Raven's bolts fly true. Akorian's glances off a goblin's head; Raven's scores the other goblin's ribs. Mother Vangelis dashes forward and grabs Akorian's goblin around the head.

waiting for Mairus' and Waif's init number before posting goblins

Castor, since I bypassed the surprise round (everyone was well aware of everyone else)and you're not flanking, I don't think sneak attack applies. Unless something else applies I'm not aware of.


Male Elf Rogue 5th

I guess it is safe to say that Raven is standing at I9 and it is from there that he shot his hand crossbow. He will stay there for now, preferring to wait for the goblins to close the distance and not go to them.

Thom, as I understand it from here, -Combat- even though there is no surprise round, this is the start of battle and, since Raven gets a chance to act before the goblins, they are still considered flat-footed, thus open to a sneak attack. Of course, I have rarely played a rogue (and even more rarely been a DM), so whatever you tell me goes, no problem. :)

Andoran

Male Human Fighter 5 (Favoured Class)

He's right Thom he should get the SA damage if he wins initiative on the first round of combat.

IC not up and running for me.

Home rolled dice

Initiative rolled 9+3 foe Dex -4 ACP(please note people armour penalties now apply here) for a total of 8

"Goblins is it..right three to one in our favour is more than sufficient..stand back Morosino don't want you getting hurt."

Marcus waits till the Missile barrage has been fired and then moves to contact the nearest still moving gobbo...

To hit 15+6=21

Damage1+4=5

started in J9

Andoran

Female Human Wilder 5th | AC13 | HP39 | Str 10 | Dex 15 | Con 13 | PP37/37
Waifrin Goddon wrote:

Using CoCo: Initiative 1d20+3=22

As the warriors attack, Waifrin drops a bullet into her sling, and lets fly a shot at the far goblin that only she seems to have spotted.

Attack & Damage: 1d20+2=21 1d4=4 wow I'm on a roll!

I posted mine right at the start! Waifrin will be at G9 to loose her slingstone. I'm going to assume Akorian is in G7, as that's about the only free place left he can shoot from.

Taldor

Male variable 12th lvl Dm/5th level fanboy/3rd Lvl Pedant
Waifrin Goddon wrote:
Waifrin Goddon wrote:

Using CoCo: Initiative 1d20+3=22

As the warriors attack, Waifrin drops a bullet into her sling, and lets fly a shot at the far goblin that only she seems to have spotted.

Attack & Damage: 1d20+2=21 1d4=4 wow I'm on a roll!

I posted mine right at the start!

Well he did admit he was going senile


This IS the internet you know ... Alegedly human Expert (IT) 5/Ninja 3/Witch 7

So tentatively the end of round positions are here.

101 to 150 of 4,453 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / City of Nine Stars -- City of Twilight All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.