Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company

Game Master Patrick Curtin

This campaign is my attempt to play a canonical Planescape campaign using the updated Pathfinder ruleset. The game actually predates the release of Pathfinder, but we have managed to update as we have needed.


351 to 400 of 12,219 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Bribes always welcome

Grakk Pettigrue. And he was human(ish). Many folks don't want to do direct business with gobbos.


Before we go Eir discusses whether or not they will mention salt to this guy. Eir thinks we should only ask Orsmonder about the hunted lest he think this is about salt suppliers. She's going to tell Sil this prod peeled her boss.

"Hello Mister Orsmonder, my name is Eir Haakonen and this is my associate Mister Ffethpaar. We're attending to a matter that can be dispatched quickly but could possibly be... delicate, regarding a certain hunted that you may have met. Do you think we could speak for a moment somewhere less public?"

Eir pulls away her cape for the dual purpose of revealing a little more of her figure and indicating the money purse with platinum inside.

"And I'm no quipper."


Male Tiefling Invoker/3rd

zigel looks over to karrin and in a low voice speaks "Sinkers they are looking for a fight,aiming to put a few folks in the dead book it looks. Seems clear of hardhead so if thy'a gives a shove put em down hard cutter"


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade

"I'm real good at smashing things," Karrin says, "and they look like bullies to me. The only think I like better then smashing or bashing something is smashing a bully, bully bashing I call it, and it's good old victim-less fun.

"If these guys do start something what's a good insult to shout at them? You know like 'spawn of Satan', or 'your momma!'"


Male Tiefling Invoker/3rd
Karrin Kind wrote:

"I'm real good at smashing things," Karrin says, "and they look like bullies to me. The only think I like better then smashing something is smashing a bully, bully bashing I call it, and it's good old victim-less fun.

"If these guys do start something what's a good insult to shout at them?"

"HI normally works ,cutter let em pass unless they start with us if hardheads come looking they don't care who started it."


neuter Robbit (variant halfling with reptilian appearence) Rogue2 / Wizard (transmuter) 1

"Greetings once again, my friends." -greep- "I'm sorry to both you again today, but something has come up. May I bring in my friend and have a word with you?"

If he says he can't see us, skip the next part.

Once we're inside, "This is Swift, she is team/kin to me." -greep- "We are off to do some research for work. As our inquiries have the potential to create a rift between you and I, I wished to talk to you first." -greep-

"We seek information on the Goblin Tribe called 'Broken Claw'. You have not mentioned much closeness with the tribes- but I didn't wish to risk our friendship by presuming you cared not. We believe the 'Broken Claw' is being used by some other to import illegally a product of an elemental plane. The" -greep- "Claw are based in the Crackskull Close area and have a warehouse near there. Will our seekings upset you?"

If yes"Then I apologise for bothering you. I hope we can remain friends, but we have accepted this comission." -greep- "We will take our leave."

If no "May I ask if you can help in any way?" -greep-
"Perhaps you know someone who can tell us something? We can pay for such assistance."

If he is eager to be of help, I will give him the name 'Grakk Pettigrue' and mention salt ( but make no mention of guild- shading the info so it sounds like the dealings revolve around the meat bussiness) and give the meat sellers business' names. If he is not able to assist, I thank him for his time and depart.

If we part still friends "I have reason to believe there is a fiend involved- but how and why I don't" -greep-eep- "know."

I'm not posting any rolls because I'm not trying to 'play' the Quints- friendship freely given on any plane is to valuable for greep to risk with 'diplomacy' or 'deception'.


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade
Zigel Za Elric wrote:
Karrin Kind wrote:

"I'm real good at smashing things," Karrin says, "and they look like bullies to me. The only think I like better then smashing something is smashing a bully, bully bashing I call it, and it's good old victim-less fun.

"If these guys do start something what's a good insult to shout at them?"

"HI normally works ,cutter let em pass unless they start with us if hardheads come looking they don't care who started it."

"Gotcha," Karrin says giving the punks room to pass, "do nothing unless one shoves me, then it's all 'HI!' and pow to the jaw" Karrin says patting her spiked gauntlet.


Bribes always welcome

Sil Orsmonder's piggy little eyes light up at the look he gets at Eir's assets, both fiduciary and physical.

"Yeh. I need some air anyway. Follow me."

Sil leads you out back through the working space of his cavernous butchery. The large meat-rendering area is a chaotic mass of workers, cauldrons, grinders and piles of grey meat. A group of workers are skimming fat off the top of one cauldron and pouring it into a trough. Another group fishes out grey lumps that look like small carcasses from another cauldron and tosses them into a huge meat grinder, another group takes the ground grey meat and stuffs it into intestine tubes.

The area is filthy and rank, the smell almost unbearable. Eir can feel her freshly-cleansed pores refilling with junk. Sil leads you out a back door to a rancid junk-strewn courtyard. Piles of bones and scraps of fur are piled here, some still smoking from their cooking. A group of hard-luck Hive dwellers pick through them. Sil yells and they scatter.

"Filthy Collectors. C'mon you two, we'll take a stroll to Boneyard Pond."

Sil leads you down a well worn track behind his store that opens up onto a large evil-smelling stretch of water. Too small for a pond, to big for a puddle, the reek of the water is nauseating. You can see from bits of gristle and bone left strewn about that Sil uses this 'pond' as an offal dumping ground.

Across the way there is a large razorvine-shrouded brick building with small barred windows that rises three feet into the sooty air. Form the second floor a wooden slide descends from a large portal. As you watch, a figure garbed in white robes spattered with brown and yellow stains appears and pushes a dead body onto the slide. The corpse slides down into the water, bobbing like a cork. The dirty water boils briefly and the corpse dunks under the surface as if jerked, leaving only a ripple on the surface.

Suddenly, a window on the first floor lights up as if lightning had struck inside the room. There is a faint smell of ozone, and a bright blue-white light strobes across the pond in a staccatto beat. Sil looks over and curses.

"Barmy Dr. Tetch shocking his patients agin. Nasty berk."

Sil looks over at you both, the light from the far building strobing off his greasy face. He puffs his cheroot and lets his eyes linger over Eir's shape once more.

"Alright my fancies, no one's gonna come close to here without good reason. Tell me what yeh need from me, an I'll tell yeh what I need from you."


Bribes always welcome

Quint makes Swift and Greep comfortable with a flagon of mushroom ale and listens to his friend tell his tale.

"I ... wish ... I ... knew ... something ... friend ... Greep ... but ... I ... know ... as ... much ... about ... regular ... goblins ... as ... you ... do."

The five mouths all talking in random fashion is a little unsettling to Swift's cat-senses, almost like a mouse that could teleport around a room.

"I ... was ... raised ... in ... the ... illithid ... laboratories ... of ... the ... dark ... city ... of ... Erek ... Bildool. I ... know ... nothing ... about ...goblins. The ... few ... I ... have ... run ... into ... have ... avoided ... me ... at ... all ... cost."

The five little blue goblins look momentarily sad.

"I ... wish ... I ... could ... help ... you ... more ... friend ... Greep."

Quint entertains the two for a bit longer, showing them a crystal he found which he can make glow with psionic power alone. After a bit, you take your leave and Greep asks about the fiend.

"I'm ... afraid ... I ... don't ... know ... what ... that ... could ...mean ... friend ... Greep."

Anything else you want to ask him?


Bribes always welcome

The three scruffy youths come closer, pushing and shoving their way through the crowd. Many folks get out of their way, and they only push those who are a bit slow. They are all male, and are japing and laughing as they strut down the sidewalk of Copperman Way. Two carry longswords, the third has a very large maul.

The three approach Zigel and Karrin and they sneer at the two tieflings, although one cast a peery eye at the bristling form of Kratos. They bull their way past, pushing, but not too hard, almost as if they were hoping to get away with it without confrontation.


neuter Robbit (variant halfling with reptilian appearence) Rogue2 / Wizard (transmuter) 1

"No, thank you for listening. I needed to know I was not raising any barriers between us by my Company obligations. I also wanted to offer an invitation to visit me at your convience. May your time be well spent." -greep-

Greep waves Swift towards the door, as she seems a bit distracted by the Blues' behavior and a bit put off by the smell of the mushroom ale. He feels much better knowing he will not be causing his friends grief, but wonders how he can get the Quints more involved in life outside the elderly tenement.

Now it is Swift's turn to lead the pair's travels. She travels quickly, but tries to give her companion Greep some idea of how to find his way about in the Lower Ward where the Broken Claw can be found. Once she deems them close enough, they will clandestinly begin Goblin lookout, paying carefull attention to learning how the goblins behave and how they deal with the salt. He will try not to look out of place, but mostly try to hide out- perhaps by climbing above ground level.

I hope Kayos is ok with me taking the lead. I am not sure if she wants greep to know about her Blacky form. They have had time for greep to tell her of Karrin's distress about Blacky being missing, so Swift may want to tell greep. If not, I woulld think this was a good time for Swift to ditch Greep and slink away. If that is the case, greep will take 10 or 20 about finding a watching point. Greep's ideal world would include a chance for him to use his instant search spell to check out the warehouse, but right now i just want to get in position.

Patrick or Kayos, interrupt this whenever you want. Patrick, what rolls do you want from me?


Orsmonder wrote:
"Alright my fancies, no one's gonna come close to here without good reason. Tell me what yeh need from me, an I'll tell yeh what I need from you."

"We're hunting Grakk Pettigrue and are interested in any information we can get on his whereabouts. He peeled our client."

Can I get a +2 AID on this Ftethpaar? Saying anything clever or complementary to Sil would probably be fine. Diplomacy (1d20 9=19)

"Anything that might put us on him would help. No treats for cake, though, Sil."

Eir removes the money purse.


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

The three scruffy youths come closer, pushing and shoving their way through the crowd. Many folks get out of their way, and they only push those who are a bit slow. They are all male, and are japing and laughing as they strut down the sidewalk of Copperman Way. Two carry longswords, the third has a very large maul.

The three approach Zigel and Karrin and they sneer at the two tieflings, although one cast a peery eye at the bristling form of Kratos. They bull their way past, pushing, but not too hard, almost as if they were hoping to get away with it without confrontation.

Karrin waits for the goons to get out of earshot before turning to Zigel, "I could have totally taken them," Karrin says,"they were weak, totally not wanting a fight even though they were putting on a big show. Maybe next time we should rough them up a bit, earn some respect with the locals, and make others a little weary of us. This one time me and Torreen were in a rough side of town and all the locals were eying us like they thought they might try and start something, and Torreen just chooses the biggest, meanest looking guy there, and smashes the heck out of him. Seemed sort of crazy at the time but after that nobody bothered us. We saved a lot of trouble by showing people we weren't to be messed with."

Karrin scowls, "I know Renkar wants to stay out of trouble but it's gonna be harder to get stuff done if we gotta avoid all these thugs and goons all the time."


Male Tiefling Invoker/3rd

"aye lass I wouldn't mind baring there boneboxes for good, sadly cutter sometimes you need to bunt ya jink running first and bashing leather heads second." giving her a weary smile " but after work is done thats a whole different matter..long as the hardheads don't see" he gives the thugs a looks as they fade into the crowd "adding em to the dead book is work for another time. Kratos has there scent we can's find em if we so incline to do so. Might be fun I know a few dark places were we can have some alone time with em after where done" laughing out loud at karrins expression zigel continues down the street


Dungeon Monkey wrote:


Quint makes Swift and Greep comfortable with a flagon of mushroom ale and listens to his friend tell his tale.

That sounds vile.


neuter Robbit (variant halfling with reptilian appearence) Rogue2 / Wizard (transmuter) 1
Eir wrote:

Dungeon Monkey wrote:

Quint makes Swift and Greep comfortable with a flagon of mushroom ale and listens to his friend tell his tale.

That sounds vile.

It smells like old socks, too.


Bribes always welcome

I think that if you are not hurridley hiding, the take 20 on Stealth should be OK. I think Kayos wanted her cat form a secret, but it is hard to arrainge

After the two companions take their leave of Quint's tenenment they decide to try their luck at the goblin's home turf of Crackskull Close.

The easiest (and safest) way to head to the Lower Ward is to cut through the Lady's Ward, which borders the Guildhall and the Lower Wards both. The two head once again for the large avenue of Copperman Way. Swift says that Thread Alley wont be as fast as going the main route on this journey.

The Before Antipeak crowds are become more rowdier as time progresses. currently 9PM. Greep is startled by the appearance of a large tentacled figure dressed in tight leathers walking along with several hulking bugbear bodyguards. He believes from his talks with Quint that this is an 'illithid', something not usually seen even on the exotic streets of Sigil. Besides the Mind Flayer, there are dozens of other interesting sights. Greep observes a skinny man darting through the crowd desperately, a squad of Harmonium fast on his heels yelling for him to stop. He gives the Hardheads the laugh, darting into a busy side street crowd.

Greep and Swift enter the Noble District as they depart Market Ward and enter the Lady's Ward. A troop of Harmonium stop and question them, but a quick word to them and a flash of your Silver Rose brooches seem to satisfy them no roll needed. They admonish you both not to be caught loitering in the area and move on.

The Noble District is truly a wonder to behold. Unlike many other areas of the Cage, where wealth is hidden under a veil of poverty to protect it, here in the Noble District it is all displayed. Through filigree gates of brass and copper the two traveler can see immense palaces of shining marble and colorful porphyry. Statuary, fountains and ornamental landscapes dot these residences. Greep is amazed that there are even ornamental trees planted along the main street of Lord's Row, something that is unique in the Cage where trees are as scarce as an Athar at a St. Cuthbert revival meeting. Dabus flock the streets in numbers unseen by Greep before. Their odd pictoral speech and their strange levitation is a distraction to both of them as they watch them patch, cut, sweep and generally keep the street sparkling clean. Besides the Dabus, the only people out at this hour are surly guards and foppish-looking footmen posted at each gateway.

As the two pass through the Noble District, they come to the immense Palace of the Jester. Half fortress, half royal residence, the frowning walls of polished multi-hued granite hide most of the buildings within, but the two can see fantastical minarets and crennalated towers jutting from above the 25' walls. if you've ever seen a Saudi palace or one of Saddam's palaces, it's on that type of scale The main gate is open, and instead of regular guards, there is a large group of Hardheads standing watch. They frown as the two of you walk by, but take no action.

As you both travel further, the Lady's Ward begins to get a little smokier and foggier. The buildings lose their sparkle, and factories begin to appear. You enter the Lower Ward, manufactory of Sigil. The smell here is rank, coal, sulphur and brimstone all warring in the sooty fog. More beings start walking the streets, many obviously workers coming off a late shift at their factories. Chimneys of massive size rear their head above the skyline belching acidic clouds of smoke.

You travel past the Doomguard faction headquarters, the Armory. Squads of Sinkers patrol the area, but paradoxically they seem to be just keeping the peace, not actually wrecking anything. They don't spare our two travellers a second glance. The forbidding building fades into the distance as you both head to the New Market, a smaller Lower Ward version of the Great Bazaar.

The New market is jumping. Bubbers, street performers and light-sensitive patrons are out in force. A drunken Tiefling lewdly ogles Swift and propositions her, but ends up tripping and splashing himself into a rancid puddle. Greep can see that many participants at The New Market are goblins and goblinoid beings. There are many stalls catering to their tastes, and there is one stall selling salt with a sign overhead with what looks to be a broken claw. The neighborhood of Crackskull Close lies just off the New Market environs.

OK .. what exactly do you want to do? Investigate the merchant or keep moving to Crackskull Close? I will need a Perception, Stealth, and Diplomacy roll from you both.


Probably human Bard/5, (tech)wizard/9
Eir Haakonen wrote:
Orsmonder wrote:
"Alright my fancies, no one's gonna come close to here without good reason. Tell me what yeh need from me, an I'll tell yeh what I need from you."

"We're hunting Grakk Pettigrue and are interested in any information we can get on his whereabouts. He peeled our client."

Can I get a +2 AID on this Ftethpaar? Saying anything clever or complementary to Sil would probably be fine. Diplomacy (1d20 9=19)

"Anything that might put us on him would help. No treats for cake, though, Sil."

Eir removes the money purse.

Ffethpaar has been silent up to now, letting Eir do the talking for two main reasons: His is trying not go gag (fortunately a lizard face makes it easy to hide this) and he does not want to divert Sil too much from Eir's physique. However, he feels the moment to speak has arrived.

"Mr Orsmonder, we were assured that, as a man of integrity, you would be willing to help correct this injustice. We ask only for information."

Diplomacy for Mr Orsmonder. (1d20+8=13) Only 13.. maybe Orsmonder is not too fond of lizardfolk...


Bribes always welcome

Sil gives Eir a mock pouty look.

"Aww precious, an' we coulda had such a do together. But I see you have more exotic tastes." Sil glances over at Fftehpaar

Sil puffs on his smelly cheroot a bit, the acrid fumes actually welcome in the stench of Boneyard Pond.

"Well, give me a cohort of Ladies 100 GP and I'll lann yeh the chant on ol' Pettigrue."


Bribes always welcome

LOL Thrugnipp we almost instantaneously posted!

Sil chuckles at the integrety remark from Ffethpaar.

"Heh. I'm glad yeh think so, me fancy lizard. I am as integritied as my position allows me, and that integrity needs a cohort of Ladies to spill the dark."

Sil gives a wheezy chuckle at his own sorry wit.


Bribes always welcome

Zigel and Karrin travel on to Grimnock Lane after the encounter with the three young Sinkers. They arrive at the Snail Exploration Outfitters and enter.

The store is packed with odds and ends. You can see whole racks of odd clothing, weird mechanical-looking gear, and even an aquarium and terrarium setup with several strange creatures swimming in murky water or hopping in sand. You can both see an immense blue-bodied, iridescent-shelled snail, with a fully 3' shell diameter, making its' way up the wall towards the back, leaving a shiny trail of slime.

There aren't a lot of patrons in the store, and a well-muscled woman of middle age approaches the two of you immediately.

"What can I do for yeh two?"


Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk/2, Cleric/1
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

Sil gives Eir a mock pouty look.

"...But I see you have more exotic tastes." Sil glances over at Fftehpaar

"And a sense of humour too. It is a shame that my business does not allow me to share such a joke with my mate."

Ffethpaar does not actually have a mate, he feels too young for that sort of commitment

If anoter diplomacy roll is in order after that remark. Another diplomacy roll. (1d20+8=20) Perhaprs Eir, can use it to knock the price down...


neuter Robbit (variant halfling with reptilian appearence) Rogue2 / Wizard (transmuter) 1

Greep indicates to Swift that he would like to scan the merchant's booth. They approach, and he bargains with the counter-goblin for a small amount of salt. Under cover of speaking to Swift, Greep uses deception to cast 'Instant Search' on the booth.

rolls: perception(+7,+2 for listen,taste);Stealth(+13);Diplomacy(+8);Deception(+8)1d20+7=20, 1d20+13=17, 1d20+8=15, 1d20+8=28 (note: Instant Search is a swift action and gives an additional +2 on the search/perception roll)

Or we can do the discussion- greep speaks Goblin, Terram, and Abyssal as well as other, less likely to be involved, languages.

Its OK by me if you sleep in- I don't even get up at 5:30 anymore. A well rested monkey is a happy monkey.

Perhaps Swift hangs back so at least one of the two is not known to the counter-goblin. In which case greep talks to 'something' in his pocket during deception attempt.


Dungeon Monkey wrote:
"Aww precious, an' we coulda had such a do together. But I see you have more exotic tastes." Sil glances over at Fftehpaar

She replies in her most husky and seductive voice, pouting her lips and narrowing her eyes as she waves the money: "Sil, my tastes would probably stop your heart."

"As for the dark. No cake, Sil, we've already been peeled once."

She's holding the money out but not handing it over.


Male Tiefling Invoker/3rd

zigel looks th woman "greetings cutter,we may be haveing to go out of town.Here is of list of what we might need" Zigel hands her a list of things he thinks they might need "there may be more Bashers were jinktrade with tend to forget such things as telling us what to get [sigh] goblins ya know,There mostly leather heads and addlecoves not giving use a prober list and all say the bashers wouldn't happen to use you would they save us alot of guess work on what we need if they do ya done have there list of items"

Trying to be diplomatic here is my roll 1d20+6 [17,6] = (23) lets see what we can dig up


neuter Robbit (variant halfling with reptilian appearence) Rogue2 / Wizard (transmuter) 1

I realized after posting the previous that I had forgotten to do spell failure chance for casting in armor, 15%:1d100=55

D. Monkey, I realize I'm acting before you can respond with my previous post, but I figured I'd move ahead with action. That way either you or Swift can interrupt me at whatever point in my monologue you wish. Or if all is fine, I can dig myself a deeper hole.

Qadira

Female Human(ish) DM 1 / Housewife 1 / Zany RPer 3
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
OK, I am going to have to move forward. Kayos, I am sorry if running your character as an NPC upsets you, but I hope you will understand.

I totally understand. I unfortunately had some computer wibblings, but I'm back now and catching up, expect something IC a bit later.


Female Tibbit Rogue 3

Swift has been uncharacteristically quiet for a while, between the weird drink, the disturbing many mouth man and her earlier worries over her friend her mind is a lot foggier and less sharp than usual. The walk through the Sigil streets appears to be helping her clear her head and focus however and slowly she starts forming plans to help Greep in his investigations.

Hanging back she lets Greep take the lead once more, carefully observing his interactions and staying out of sight.

Perception (1d20+6=24) (extra +2 to sight related things)
Stealth (Hide) (1d20+13=26)

Still catching up - so I'm leaving off Swift interacting too much with NPCs until I know what she knows ^^;

Qadira

DO NOT STICK FINGERS IN CAGE
Kayos. wrote:
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
OK, I am going to have to move forward. Kayos, I am sorry if running your character as an NPC upsets you, but I hope you will understand.
I totally understand. I unfortunately had some computer wibblings, but I'm back now and catching up, expect something IC a bit later.

YAY! I was worried! Glad you are back! :)


Bribes always welcome

She's holding the money out but not handing it over.

Sil smiles at Eir's sally and Ffethpaar's dry reptilian sarcasm. He switches his cheroot from side to side in his mouth absently.

"A right bunch you two are. So yeh've been peeled before? What's that to me? Yeh want the chant on Pettigrue, I gots some. I told yeh my price, yeh tell me no cake. I'll give yeh a bit o'dark fer free, against me better judgement, cause I like yeh."

Sil's eyes roam greedily over Eir once again. The strobing electrical light from the distant building makes him look almost monstrous in its' harsh glare.

"Yeh aint the only one's who are on Pettigrue's tail. If yeh are looking to put Pettigrue in the dead book yeh're gonna have to wait in line."


Bribes always welcome

Greep approaches the Goblin's booth and greets them in Goblin. The Goblin is pleased that you speak his tongue, and the two of you haggle for an ounce of salt.

Greep:

Spoiler:
Your search reveals not much out of the ordinary about the booth. There are several large blocks of salt, which are kept under a waxy cloth behind the stall. There is a pile of ground salt on display in a plain bowl, and a scale to weigh amounts with.

You perceive that this goblin is dressed much better than others you have met in the past. He is armed, even when acting as a merchant, and is clad in a suit of chain that looks like it was tailored for him, not cobbled together like armor you've seen goblins in previously. When you conclude your transaction 2 SP for the ounce of salt, and 1 SP for a cheap cloth carrying pouch, a very good price the goblin bends over to get the pouch and an amulet flashes from inside his chain shirt. It would seem to be either a rock or a nugget of metal, it is hard to be sure with the momentary look that Greep got. It hangs from a silver chain about his neck.

The Goblin's attitude seems relatively friendly to you after you addressed him in Goblin. Anything else you want to do?


Dungeon Monkey wrote:
"Yeh aint the only one's who are on Pettigrue's tail. If yeh are looking to put Pettigrue in the dead book yeh're gonna have to wait in line."

"That's a good teaser. I'll play."

She hands him the money.


Bribes always welcome

The woman looks over the list that Zigel gives her.

"Looks like standard protective gear for a hostile environment. Where are yeh headed cutters? If I get a better idea of the destination I can tell yeh what would be best."

The woman frowns when Zigel mentions Goblins.

"Yeh taking salt just a phrase for employed by ... D.M. from Goblins? That's a tough trade, that. Best of luck to yeh. Where they sending you?"


Bribes always welcome
Eir Haakonen wrote:
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
"Yeh aint the only one's who are on Pettigrue's tail. If yeh are looking to put Pettigrue in the dead book yeh're gonna have to wait in line."

"That's a good teaser. I'll play."

She hands him the money.

Sil takes the money and stuffs it in a concealed pouch underneath his voluminous apron. He takes another glance at Eir.

"Still willing to make a trade instead of jink, precious. No? Ah well, can't blame a berk fer tryin'"

Sil looks around nervously. He leans into the two, the smoke from his smoldering cheroot hanging in the air like a sulphuric cloud.

"Look, I aint a pigeon usually, no matter what the jink. Yeh don't make a living in the Hive turning stag. But I knew Pettigrue since we was kids, and I feel bad about what happened to him.

He was a regular knight of the post, always looking for the score to set himself up in style. He finally found it a couple o'months ago working for this group o'Gobbos what were running a line on salt coming into Sigil. I'd been doing business with these berks called the Saltiere Society, a right bunch o'nobs from the Lady's Ward. They hold the salt trade down tight. I don't need much salt, but when I did they made me pay through the nose fer it, even the dirty salt they spilled along the way."

Sil stops and jumps as an agonizing shriek wafts over from the far brick building.

"Bel's Balls I hate that berk Tetch and his infirmary. Anyway, one fine day me old cony-catching chum Grakk comes by, flapping his bonebox on how he can get me all the cheap salt I want. I bite, and we do a good trade for the next few months. He lets it be known to me that the gobbos have a right little operation somewhere out on the planes. He thought it was the Outlands, but they never let him too close. He thought the portal was in their warehouse, but he never got the dark of it.

Grakk came to me one day spitting fire cuz the gobbos came after him. Guess he'd not been able to resist skimming a little cream off the top of the payments, and the Gobbos found out. They'd tried to put him in the dead book, but he got out. I told him to sell his story to the Saltiere berks and get away from the Cage. He came back later and said he had, but he was holding out the warehouse info for another payment. I told him he was a greedy berk and that he shoulda showed his heels instead of drawing the chant out. He left and that's the last I heard of him. Fer all I know he took a swim in Boneyard Pond"

Sil looks around again.

"Look cutters, I been dealing with their new face Rab Norgins for a month now, all business. If yeh got to find out what happened to Pettigure I suggest yeh start with the Gobbos and Norgins. He lives in the Hive, just got him a kip in the Marble District. I will tell yeh that they're a hard lot to deal with. There's a sayin' about Gobbos: They never forget an enemy or remember a friend. Those basher's'll give you a second smile without a thought."


Sil wrote:
...Those basher's'll give you a second smile without a thought."

"Thanks Sil, that was totally worth the jink. Five stars for straight dealing and that counts for a lot in my ledger. If I ever need some meat, I'll be sure to stop by and try yours."

"By the way, what's that sodding asshat up to next door?"


Bribes always welcome
Eir Haakonen wrote:
Sil wrote:
...Those basher's'll give you a second smile without a thought."

"Thanks Sil, that was totally worth the jink. Five stars for straight dealing and that counts for a lot in my ledger. If I ever need some meat, I'll be sure to stop by and try yours."

"By the way, what's that a!%!&*! doing next door?"

Sil grimaces as Eir mentions the brick building.

"That there is the Weary Spirit Infirmary run by this barmy berk calls hissef Dr. Ridnir Tetch. Berk is convinced yeh can cure folks of their sicks by using blades and such instead o'magics. Never heard such a lot of swill in me life. The Hive Court sends hardcases there if they get scragged. Techt 'administers'" Sil shudders "to the poor berks until they're as barmy as he is. Always hear howls and cries day and night from that hellhole. Makes the Bleaker's Gatehouse sound like a vacation in Faerie it does."

Sil removes his cheroot and spits towards the distant building.

"If yeh like yer pretty brainbox the way it is I suggest yeh steer clear of that kip."


Eir offers Sil one of her cigars.

"It's prime: Tomoachan from Sasserine."

She'll light it for him if he takes it.

"All kinds in the cage, Sil, that I'm learning. Not sure why I came here and for the life of me can't figure out why I don't leave."

She continues with the small chat for as long as he wants, telling him of a few of her escapades across the planes but never mentioning her current employ.


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

The woman looks over the list that Zigel gives her.

"Looks like standard protective gear for a hostile environment. Where are yeh headed cutters? If I get a better idea of the destination I can tell yeh what would be best."

The woman frowns when Zigel mentions Goblins.

"Yeh taking salt just a phrase for employed by ... D.M. from Goblins? That's a tough trade, that. Best of luck to yeh. Where they sending you?"

"The plane of salt," Karrin says frowning, "supposedly there's something up with someone pouching salt or something. I don't get it though, if every thing's made of salt how we supposed to figure out who's taken salt? You ever been to the plane of salt? It must be a pretty horrible place."


neuter Robbit (variant halfling with reptilian appearence) Rogue2 / Wizard (transmuter) 1

After the haggling is done, I will express surprise at the low price, "Is this price good for a while or should I stock up?" -gr(cough-cough)-

If the gobbo wants to talk for a minute,I will. If he acts helpful in letting me know about his salt deals, I'll tip him a couple of 'green' (coppers) and leave pleasently. I'll check into some of the other booths, Just so it doesn't look like I'm only checking out the salt shack. If I find something good or cheap, I'll buy it.

diplomacy+8:1d20+8=12
deception(sense motive)+8: 1d20+8=14


Bribes always welcome

Sil takes the proferred cigar with a pleased grunt. He greedily sucks in the fragrant smoke when Eir lights him up. He wheezes when Eir cracks about why she stays.

"Why live anyplace else? The is the Hub of the Multiverse sweetcheeks. Everything revolves around here. There's gold in the streets, even if it's the filthy streets of the Hive. This place'll grow on yeh like razorvine."

Sil has definitely gotten friendlier, and has mellowed after you ponied up the big bribe. Eir and Ffethpaar and Sil chat a bit, then Sil makes his apologies and with a last regretful look at Eir he heads back to his butchery.

"Yeh ever need some good sausage look me up precious."

Eir gets the feeling he wasn't talking a meat deal.

The two are left alone at the edge of Boneyard Pond. It is swiftly heading to Antipeak, it's now just a couple of hours away.10 PM The two can hear a lot of activity on the nearby streets as the darkness deepens even further. The strobing blue-white light has stopped coming from the Weary Spirit Infirmary but a new chorus of bloodcurdling shrieks reverberate across Boneyard Pond. You two can see various vermin scratching along the shoreline of the rancid water, but little else stirs in this area.


Dungeon Monkey wrote:


Eir gets the feeling he wasn't talking a meat deal.

Considering Eir's own dialog was innuendo drenched, I think it's more than a feeling.

;)


Bribes always welcome

The woman snorts when Karrin reveals her destination.

"Taking salt to go to Salt ... that's rich cutter. "

The woman puts her hand out to Karrin then Zigel "Marion Therweddis."

Marion looks at the two critically, then at the list, and hums to herself. A snail crawls towards her slowly, eyestalks swaying and a plaintive gurgly sound coming from somewhere on its' body.

"Quiet Thrasher. You'll get your food soon enough."

Marion travels to the back of the store talking loudly as she goes.

"Are yeh looking for high-end or low end protection? I ain't never been, but I hear it's pretty soddin' rank there. Salt's good in a stew, not all around yeh, suckin' yer juices dry."


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade

Karrin shakes the woman's hand and introduces herself. "Karrin Kind, pleased to meet you."

Karrin glances at the snail, and was about to suggest a powerful poison to help the shop keeper rid her of the nasty snail infestation, when the snail makes a strange noise and the shop keeper addresses it familiarly. Karrin wisely decides to keep the recipe to herself. 'Do all snails talk?' Karrin thinks to herself, 'I sure hope not, that recipe was really successful!'

Karrin’s attention turns to Marion as she asks about equipment.

“I’m not sure, what do you think Zigal?” Karrin asks without waiting to hear the answer, “personally I’d prefer to deal with the problem here and not go to the plane of salt at all, but wow the heck could we figure out who’s poaching salt from here?”


Bribes always welcome

The Goblin, who calls himself 'Svarnark', smiles widely at Greep's question, revealing a disturbing row of shark-like teeth.

"You come here I give you this price all the time. I always here, or my cousins in Goblin cousin translates literaly into 'relatives sharing the same cave complex'. Svarnark always straight dealer, no cross-trading to you."

This is about all he offers, do you wish to question him further? You sense that he is eager to sell you salt, but you sense that his friendliness is more business than actual admiration. If you have no more questions for Svarnark, then the following occurs:

Greep moves along the stalls looking at the wares there. He sees a pipe much like Renkar's at a second-hand items stall for 2 Ladies, and also a nice waterproofed belt pouch at a weaver's stall for 5 ladies you choice to buy. Swift stays at the edge of Greep's perception, blending expertly in with the crowd of late-night shoppers. You both make your way to the edge of the Night Market without incident.


Male Tiefling Invoker/3rd

zigel knowing karrin couldn't keep up a story now if she wanted to looks to the shopkeeper

"pleased to meet ya cutter, I'm Zigel Za Elric and this is karrin. Yes plane of salt nasty stuff there cant be helped.bashers cutting into the jink and all. As for the type mid to high end don't wanna end up in the dead book for being cheap do'n ya know."

Zigel takes in the shop watches kratos looking at the snail for a bit then looks back to the shopkeep

"the lass does have the right of it. Be better to cut the plane out all way's round A'. I dont suppose ya sold any of this in recently have ya cutter? and if not would ye know where someone not understanding the fine quality's of ya wears might foolishly go?"

diplomacy check here just in case.1d20+6 [14,6] = (20)


neuter Robbit (variant halfling with reptilian appearence) Rogue2 / Wizard (transmuter) 1

Greep will purchase pipe.

After leaving the market, he will locate a quiet spot to consult with Swift and to make sure they're not being watched. He will enter a 'detect magic' trance while Swift does lookout. He will consult with Swift as to the specifics of their next move- how exactly will they set up survaillence on the goblin wharehouse.

perception +7(+2listen)1d20+7=10


neuter Robbit (variant halfling with reptilian appearence) Rogue2 / Wizard (transmuter) 1

Eir- i said 'warehouse', not whorehouse


Female Tibbit Rogue 3

Swift keeps an eye out to make sure she and Greep aren't overlooked before opening her mouth to speak.

Perception check (spot) (1d20+8=14)

"You've been doing well" She assures her companion with a friend "I'm starting to wish I learnt Goblin or a similar language so I could have helped there" She adds, her voice a low almost purr.

"As for what to do next, I have something that will help me change shape. I'm sure a small cat would be less conspicuous than the small humanoid stalking around the warehouse.. or we could try talking our way in to have a look around. All we'd need to do is think up a good backstory."


neuter Robbit (variant halfling with reptilian appearence) Rogue2 / Wizard (transmuter) 1

"Cat sneak first, as long as you remember that goblins love cats- on a stick." -greep- "As for a story 'Have you seen my dinner (a cat)' could work. After I 'instant search', you show yourself elsewhere and I leave."

"But cat sneak first, then we re-plan. If you need a distraction, yowl real loud and I'll make one." -greep-eep-


Female Tibbit Rogue 3

Swift tenses briefly "I'm more than aware of things that like to eat cats" She declares with a small irritated sigh "Far too many things usually. Cat is the form I can handle easiest though, it's just the one that holds most kinship for me" She shrugs lightly and gives a little smile.

"But I'll definately give the loudest yowl I can if all goes wrong, but if all's good they won't be bored or hungry"

351 to 400 of 12,219 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.