Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company

Game Master Patrick Curtin

This campaign is my attempt to play a canonical Planescape campaign using the updated Pathfinder ruleset. The game actually predates the release of Pathfinder, but we have managed to update as we have needed.


301 to 350 of 12,242 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

I thought Gather Info was gone...? It's part of diplomacy now.


Bribes always welcome

ARRGH! You are right, O Planar Harlot O' Doom. Diplomacy then.


Greep wrote:
"Is it possible that knowledge of who has ownership of the warehouse would be useful?" -greep- "Either because it might indicate a backer or justify some action on our part?"

Renkar nods at Greep

"An excellent suggestion, but finding that dark will require a trip to the Hall of Records. The Fated can be difficult to deal with, but perhaps if we cannot learn the chant on the street we can visit them."


neuter Robbit (variant halfling with reptilian appearence) Rogue2 / Wizard (transmuter) 1

Greep is willing to assist in gathering info- but I think he's too new to Sigil to get a roll for himself.

diplomacy, deception : 1d20+8=18, 1d20+8=12

He has k(history) and k(arcana) as well, but it would be odd if his background would let him know anything helpfull. I went for (history) because (bureaucracy) would need to be added to the skill list. But 'When in doubt, roll the dice.'

k(history), k(arcana) : 1d020+10=19, 1d20+10=26


Bribes always welcome
Greep wrote:

Greep is willing to assist in gathering info- but I think he's too new to Sigil to get a roll for himself.

diplomacy, deception : 1d20+8=18, 1d20+8=12

He has k(history) and k(arcana) as well, but it would be odd if his background would let him know anything helpfull. I went for (history) because (bureaucracy) would need to be added to the skill list. But 'When in doubt, roll the dice.'

k(history), k(arcana) : 1d020+10=19, 1d20+10=26

No prob Niel. Keep those Deception rolls handy. You have to go do a bit of legwork on the mean streets of the Cage first to get the chant. History won't come into play here, just planar stuff to see who remembers what about what they were ever told about the Plane of Salt.


Eir Haakonen wrote:
Renkar Sha'Hagmid wrote:
... That is why finding the portal will be key."
"Oh gods, we're going to go there, aren't we. That place is hell on the complexion. Renkar, if we go to that planar armpit we're going to need some special equipment, and a lot of lotion."

Renkar addresses Eir's question.

"While I would not say for certain you all will be travelling there, I think that it is wise to prepare for all eventualities. Perhaps we can find some gear for you to take along. Perhaps Snail Exploration Outfitters has some for sale."


neuter Robbit (variant halfling with reptilian appearence) Rogue2 / Wizard (transmuter) 1

"Wouldn't the goblin tribe need special gear as well?" -greep- "Where would they acquire it?"


Greep wrote:
"Wouldn't the goblin tribe need special gear as well?" -greep- "Where would they acquire it?"

Renkar ponders this as he restuffs his pipe with Garlan Bright Valley Longleaf.

"Indeed. Where would they find it? Another question to answer."


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade

"Who wants to do what?" Karrin asks, "We should start gathering information at the very least. Maybe Eir could hunt down this face guy and see if there's anyone behind the scene, Greep and Zigal could look into the equipment thing and check with their contacts. Swift could watch some of these goblins to see if she can track down where they're coming from. And me and Ffethpaar could ask around about their general operations maybe drawing attention away from the others in the process?"

Karrin doesn't look at anyone as she makes her suggestions, instead she plays with one of her silver rings, and her words seem more likely a stream of her sub-conscientious.


Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk/2, Cleric/1

Ffethpaar has no relevant knowledge skills. He left his tribe on an impulse and wasn't expecting to end up here.

Diplomacy Check:

DIplomacy roll to find out about stuff. (1d20+8=16)


Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk/2, Cleric/1

"I am happy to help gather information. I often had to sort things out with my tribe."

To Swift:

"It is a pity that you cannot train that cat friend of yours as she would be perfect for surveillance. She might even be able to cadge a lift from the delivery man if she spots him. However, I dream, I am sure you will be perfect."


Male Tiefling Invoker/3rd

"items we can check also we could ask the shopkeep if he had sold to any goblins or ask around to see where else to buy such things and who they had sold to."

Zigel's diplomacy roll for hunting up the dark oh and this one is for equipment sales. along with my knowledge check to find other vender's woh natural 20 sweet roll that.


neuter Robbit (variant halfling with reptilian appearence) Rogue2 / Wizard (transmuter) 1

Sounds like the plan solidifies- I'll go with Zigel to check on leads. I also wish to drop by Quints' place to make sure I'm not going to offend my new friend by acting against goblins. And to see if he has any leads:)

"Eir and Swift are familiar with the city, and I will be with Zigel, who is also knowledgable about Sigil." -greep- He looks at Karrin, "Will you and friend Ffethpaar be comfortable investigating in this regard? Perhaps Renkar or maybe Hanali could reccomend a 'durable' guide, should you prefer."

Greep looks to see whether his friends are offended by his implication that they might get lost in the big city.


Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk/2, Cleric/1

Ffethpaar turns to Greep:

"Thankyou. I may be a stranger, but I will not get lost. Sometimes those who are not knowledgeable can make the better choices. Besides, we might even learn more if people think we are somewhat naïve. However:" Turning to Karrin and Renkar "if you think we would be better off with a guide I will defer to your better judgement".


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade
Ffethpaar wrote:
" Turning to Karrin and Renkar "if you think we would be better off with a guide I will defer to your better judgement".

Karrin looks surprised, as if coming out of a stupor, "what?" she says looking startled, "guide? I don't know depends on where we have to go I guess."


Karrin Kind wrote:

"Who wants to do what?" Karrin asks, "We should start gathering information at the very least. Maybe Eir could hunt down this face guy and see if there's anyone behind the scene, Greep and Zigal could look into the equipment thing and check with their contacts. Swift could watch some of these goblins to see if she can track down where they're coming from. And me and Ffethpaar could ask around about their general operations maybe drawing attention away from the others in the process?"

Karrin doesn't look at anyone as she makes her suggestions, instead she plays with one of her silver rings, and her words seem more likely a stream of her sub-conscientious.

Renkar looks startled a bit at this wisdom coming out of Karrin

"Miss Kind I think that is a good start! Although I would suggest that Eir and Swift stay together and combine their tasks. I think that the answers will be found to those two together."

OK so I see 3 groups: 1 Swift and Eir/2 Ffethpaar and Karrin/ 3 Greep and Zigel. All good with you?


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade

"I like it," Karrin says, "I don't see any flaws"

I on the other hand think that the Zigal / Greep pairing might be a little squishy if there's combat


neuter Robbit (variant halfling with reptilian appearence) Rogue2 / Wizard (transmuter) 1

Zigel, I believe we have been challenged.


I think we should spread out skill/fighting/casting. I haven't looked over everyone's sheet. But I do know Swift has peak social skills and I don't see any reason to pair off two people with high diplomacy, better to spread it around. Also, and this may sound dumb, but we might want to exploit our ability to make boy/girl pairs for social reasons. You know, like Mulder and Scully.

Eir is happy to look in on the matter of the lost faceman with whoever Renkar wants to send, of course.


husband half Italian Expert 15 (carpenter 5/ gamer 5/ reader 5)

So Eir and Ffethpaar (girl and lizard) rogue/cleric and cleric

Karrin and Zelig (girl and boy) duskblade and evoker

Swift and greep (girl and lizard) rogue and rogue/transmuter

Maybe have Hanali check in merchant circles to see if saltiers have any special enemies?


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade

"Yep, everything is perfectly settled," Karrin says dusting off her hands, "absolutely no more discussion needed."

ok how about this: Karrin/ Zigal, Swift/ Greep, and Eir /Ffethpaar. We put our best diplomacy on the crucial task so they can use aide others to boost their checks.


Male Tiefling Invoker/3rd

pairings looks fine like that what is each group looking for ? is zigel still looking into supplers?


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade

"Well then," Karrin says standing up, "Let's get at it!"

My first thoughts were: Zigal/Karrin on equipment, Swift/Greep on surveillance, and Eir/Ffethpaar looking for the missing face/ possible mysterious backer.

I love how niel and I came up with the exact same pairings :)


Male Tiefling Invoker/3rd

Putting out his pipe zigel rises and looks to karrin "well cutter looks like its time to earn the jink ,comealong kratos ya basher we's work to gets doing"


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade

"Alright Ffethpaar," Karrin says, "Let's go crack some skulls!"

remember all this rearranging is being done out of character, someone's going to have to step up here and suggest the change in character.

"Oh, in case this comes up: do you want to hold em' while I break them or do you want me to hold them while you relieve some stress on the old' meat bags first? I can go either way. I once 'questioned' a brigand for four hours straight!"


neuter Robbit (variant halfling with reptilian appearence) Rogue2 / Wizard (transmuter) 1

"Actually, Karrin, Why doesn't Ffethpaar go with Eir?" -greep- "That way you and Zigel can meet with his contacts before checking out the outfitters. Leaving Swift and I to visit my friends Quint before scouting the goblins."

"That way, Eir has Ffethpaar to back up her skills. Neither Swift nor I will make Quint uncomfortable. And you and Zigel have already shown you can work together."

-GREEP-


Male Tiefling Invoker/3rd

Zigle shoots greep as sly smile "what a fine ideal greep. I dont think Renkar will mind, What say ya lass shall we co cutter?"


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade

"um . . . so I'm beating up outfitters now? Zigal do you even know how to throw a punch?"


Male Tiefling Invoker/3rd

chuckling loudly "Indeed lass,much better at making things burn or die a cold death however. But lets talk to the suppliers first cutter.If they need a bashing i'll let ya have first crack at em "


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade

"Ok, works for me," Karrin says with a smile, "I guess this way nobody needs a guild, good thinking Greep. Alright let's go ba- talk to some heads . . . hmmm, doesn't quite have the same ring to it."


Male Tiefling Invoker/3rd

busting out in laughter "oh cutter do I have a story for you.As we go i'll tell ya over the time I got trapped in a dimiplane for 3 weeks with a pair of addle-coved heads and a talking weasel."


To Greep: "Maybe this Quint fellow is the best place to start looking for out lost faceman - he's a goblin, right?"

"I guess I'll start asking at the establishments he lined up with their new supply."


Karrin Kind wrote:

"Well then," Karrin says standing up, "Let's get at it!"

My first thoughts were: Zigal/Karrin on equipment, Swift/Greep on surveillance, and Eir/Ffethpaar looking for the missing face/ possible mysterious backer.

I love how niel and I came up with the exact same pairings :)

Renkar rises and looks over you all.

"Well, I wish you all the best of luck. Hanali and I will remain here if there are problems. Miss Kind, I am going to give you something."

Renkar hands the young Tiefling a handfull of platinum coins

"When you go to the outfitters, see if you can procure some basic equipment. See what they reccomend."

200 GP in 40 Platinum coins.

"Since it is Antipeak I urge you to be cautious. Try to remain unobtrusive and refrain from causing too much of a ruckus. I have some good will with the authorities, but they will only look away so much."

Looks at Eir.

"If you are looking into the suppliers I would suggest Orsmonder's Meats in the Hive. The others are more respectable, and will probably stonewall you. Sil Orsmonder has a reputation for a greedy soul, and perhaps you can find a lever to get him to turn stag. Take a few coins, it shouldn't take much."

Gives Eir 10 platinum coins


Renkar Sha'Hagmid wrote:


"If you are looking into the suppliers I would suggest Orsmonder's Meats in the Hive. The others are more respectable, and will probably stonewall you. Sil Orsmonder has a reputation for a greedy soul, and perhaps you can find a lever to get him to turn stag. Take a few coins, it shouldn't take much."

Gives Eir 10 platinum coins

Eir lets her black Batman cape slide off her chest.

"These might help, too."


Eir Haakonen wrote:
Renkar Sha'Hagmid wrote:


"If you are looking into the suppliers I would suggest Orsmonder's Meats in the Hive. The others are more respectable, and will probably stonewall you. Sil Orsmonder has a reputation for a greedy soul, and perhaps you can find a lever to get him to turn stag. Take a few coins, it shouldn't take much."

Gives Eir 10 platinum coins

Eir lets her black Batman cape slide off her chest.

"These might help, too."

Renkar chuckles

"Aye. They might at that."


neuter Robbit (variant halfling with reptilian appearence) Rogue2 / Wizard (transmuter) 1

"If I am to ask the Quints' for info, perhaps a few coins would not go amiss, Renkar."-greep-"I will, of course, provide a reciept."
He looks to see if any caught that hint- receipts make interesting files.

After recieving Renkar's largess or not Greep waves at Swift, "After you. We'll go down Thread Alley to Quints'. Then you can show me how to get to the tribes' squat and we'll see what we can see."
-gre-greep-

let me know if the croaking is annoying anyone- i can tone it down

edit: I also want to get Swift out the door before Karrin asks about Blacky. That way, I can return with the cat and Karrin won't need to give Swift a black(y) eye.


Greep wrote:


let me know if the croaking is annoying anyone- i can tone it down

The greeping is excellent. I have an Athasian halfling barbarian that stutters and in teh Saltmarsh pbp a dwarf whose Scottish is so thick nobody understands him. Don't hold back, dude. Let it out.


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade

Greep is perfectly fine. Keep it up.

"Ok Zigal, let's go," Karrin says, "you lead the way. I'll let you do the talking."


Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk/2, Cleric/1

Ffethpaar listens to the planning in silence. After it has all been agreed he get up and looks at Eir.

"So it looks as if we are going hunting. That is fine by me. Where do you suggest that we start?"


Renkar nods at Greep.

"A few coins always make investigations easier. Here are a few. Let's all try not to go through them all too quickly, as this is biting into our profitability."

Renkar hands Greep 5 Merts

CLARIFICATION: My 2E roots were showing when I put the PP price at 1=5 GP. That should be 1=10 GP. My apologies, consider the amount in GP you received the same, the amount of coins halved.


Bribes always welcome

OK, I am going to have to move forward. Kayos, I am sorry if running your character as an NPC upsets you, but I hope you will understand.

After receiving the 5 platinum coins, Swift and Greep depart the Silver Rose and head for Thread Alley. The light of Sigil's day is gone, and the dark twilight of Before Afterpeak reigns. The two wind there way down Thread Alley. A few merchants have hung torches outside their rear doors to ward theives off and attract customers using the shortcut. One board catches Greep's eye at a local tailor shop's rear entrance.

... BEcause We ARE THE FIrst high-END shop IN Sigil tHAt Deals Only in Women's foundational garments ...

Greep stores this away and the two move on towards their goal.

The alley is relatively busy. Sigil's shops stay open long hours, some all Antipeak. Many of its' inhabitants prefer the dark hours. Greep and Swift pass many beings on errands, but no one stops to accost them. The two travellers can hear the din of the Night Market in the distance as they arrive at Quint's tenement. They ascend to the door and knock.

Quint's voive trails through the door.

"Who ... is ... there?"


Bribes always welcome

Zigel and Karrin depart the Silver Rose at the same time as Greep and Swift and begin their travels to the Snail Exploration Outfitters. The store lies near the Great Bazaar off a small dead end street called Grimnock Lane.

The two travel to Copperman Way, entering the busy avenue and heading into the Market Ward. The road is not as frantic as it had been during the Peak hours, but there are more beings around, they are just moving at a slower pace. Knots of beings crowd around entertainers of all stripes: Jugglers, minstrels, sword swallowers and many others. There also seems to be a large amount of drunken folks staggering about. As the two head down towards the outfitting store, a trio of leather-clad youths push their way through the crowd. Their armor is uncared for and cracked, the hilts of their swords rusty. They all seem ill-kempt, all three with scruffy beards and hair that is uncut and touseled into big hanging dreadlocks.

Roll me a knowledge(local/or Sigil). These three are bearing straight down at you, and will intersect your path if you do nothing about it. They seem to be spoiling for a fight.


Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk/2, Cleric/1

"I think it was suggested that we start by visiting Orsmonder's meat place. How would you like me to act? I could be a pleasant person like you, or, perhaps slightly menacing. If it is to be menacing, I shall wear my metal claws."

He proudly shows her the claws that Clarion made for him.


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

Zigel and Karrin depart the Silver Rose at the same time as Greep and Swift and begin their travels to the Snail Exploration Outfitters. The store lies near the Great Bazaar off a small dead end street called Grimnock Lane.

The two travel to Copperman Way, entering the busy avenue and heading into the Market Ward. The road is not as frantic as it had been during the Peak hours, but there are more beings around, they are just moving at a slower pace. Knots of beings crowd around entertainers of all stripes: Jugglers, minstrels, sword swallowers and many others. There also seems to be a large amount of drunken folks staggering about. As the two head down towards the outfitting store, a trio of leather-clad youths push their way through the crowd. Their armor is uncared for and cracked, the hilts of their swords rusty. They all seem ill-kempt, all three with scruffy beards and hair that is uncut and touseled into big hanging dreadlocks.

Roll me a knowledge(local/or Sigil). These three are bearing straight down at you, and will intersect your path if you do nothing about it. They seem to be spoiling for a fight.

"What do you think Z? Do we go through them or around them?"


Bribes always welcome

Eir and Ffethpaar descend to ground level and begin their trip down to the Hive. The Before Antipeak gloom deepens as the duo proceed down the very streets that Eir had ridden with Hanali earlier. The view isn't as enchanting at walking level.

The two make it to the Great Gymnasium without any trouble, the enormous building now alight with many torches blazing. the two move on, entering the quiet streets of the Clerk's Ward. This ward is very still until the two approach the Civic Festhall Dsitrict. Then all Baator breaks loose.

The Civic Festhall district is jammed packed with drunken revelers, all chanting, singing and drinking up a storm. Harmonium troops circle the crowd, attempting to keep the chaos in check. Staying to the fringes, Eir and Ffethpaar manage to navigate the crowd with little difficulty.

After the Civic Festhall, the neighborhoods start to get a little seedier. The two traverse the Sandstone District, the crumbling red-stone tenements dark and shrouded in fog. The streets empty, the few people that the two see keep their heads turned and cross the street to avoid them.

Sandstone Row, the main road in the Sandstone District leads the two straight into the Hive. The buildings get even shabbier, crazy-quilted with different scavenged building materials. Most seem as if the razorvine is the only thing keeping them up. There are more beings on the street now, but they all have a desperate and furtive air about them. A few street vendors try to ply the two with their wares, but the food offered looks dicey and the goods shoddy.

At a three-way intersection of Sandstone Row, Whisper Way and Shatterbone Street is the large store known as Orsmonder's Meats. Although the hour is getting late (8 PM), there is a lively crowd of beggars, bubbers and orphans crowded out an open door to the side of the building. Many carry some sort of dead animal, or some butchered meat. The crowd of people seem to be lined up to sell their 'street meat' to Orsmonder's. The two bypass this line and go to the front entrance.

The crowd here is a lot thinner, a few late weary-looking patrons shopping among the hung carcasses for a bargain. a long counter runs inside, several apron-cloaked servers haggling and chopping meat for the clients. Upon inquiring for Sil Orsmonder, one of the butchers yells to the back

"Hey boss! Got two fancy bits want a word wi'yeh!"

A few seconds later a large man emerges from the back area. He wears an apron like his minions, but it is relatively clean. He has a foul cheroot clamped tightly in his flabby jowls, and a perpetual sneer on his face. His rat-like eyes look Eir up and down in an obvious show of lechery. He growls to the two.

"I'm Sil. I'm a busy man, what do you two berks want?"


Male Tiefling Invoker/3rd

Zigel looks over to karrin in thought "best we avoid a fight if we can ,no love e' the hardheads and all,still keep on your guard you too kratos" zigel drops his hand into his spell pouch reading for use if need be

here is my roll 1d20+9 &#8594; [16,9] = (25)
let me know if i need to change anything


Kratos picks up and moves between zigel and the others he lets his sences take in the crowd and is ready for action .

kratos perception roll 19+9=28 dont know if thats needed.


Bribes always welcome

Zigel:

Spoiler:
You can tell by their scruffy, careless looks and the symbols that they all sport on their cloak brooches that these three are Doomguard factioneers, probably by their youth namers (entry-level). The Doomguard (or Sinkers) revel in entropy and these three are most likely indulging in a bit of the old Ultra-Violence. Sinkers love entropy, in fact they love to PROMOTE entropy. Plus side, their faction doesn't really care who gets smacked, long as chaos is served. Minus side is individual Sinkers often do hold grudges, and also Harmonium patrols will scrag all brawlers first and ask questions later (if ever). You don't see any Hardheads around at the present.


Bribes always welcome
Kratos wrote:

Kratos picks up and moves between zigel and the others he lets his sences take in the crowd and is ready for action .

kratos perception roll 19+9=28 dont know if thats needed.

Always good to have a Perception roll handy. I am signing off, but we can figure the rest of this out tomorrow.


I forgot that goblin's name...

301 to 350 of 12,242 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.