Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company

Game Master Patrick Curtin

This campaign is my attempt to play a canonical Planescape campaign using the updated Pathfinder ruleset. The game actually predates the release of Pathfinder, but we have managed to update as we have needed.


3,251 to 3,300 of 12,277 << first < prev | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | next > last >>

Bribes always welcome

Eir, Issac, Merle, and Swift all depart the Silver Rose heading to the urban wasteland known as the Hive. The Gathering Dust bar, a well-known hangout for Dustmen who still need a bub every so often, lies but a few blocks from the Mortuary itself, down Gramercy Street, the closest thing the Gray District has to a commercial strip, due to its terminus at the busy Zaddfum Trestle, an ancient bridge that spans the fetid Ditch at the Madhouse District.

Since the Gatehouse is near the Gray District, the other team of Karrin, Nari, Drazek, Justin and Bethany travel with them, for safety in numbers. The nine hit Copperman Way in the early Afterpeak.

The sky is spitting rain, the occasional freshet of brown water dripping down from the tiled rooftops crowding the boulevard's busy sidewalk. Bethany takes to the air, finding the muck and puddles too much to take. The foggy, rainy air enfolds her like a brown cottony blanket.

The Afterpeak crowds are probably the smallest the Market Ward sees in a typical Peak period, which is to say, just short of full chaos. The nine well-armed and exotic cutters deter most of the curious beggars and mendicants.

They walk into the Nobles' District, the newcomers marvelling at the distant huge fog-wrapped palaces. Swarms of servants work polishing the ironwork and sidewalks before the frowning gates, and a swarm of Dabus tirelessly replace broken cobbles in the well-kept streets.

The Court District Looms up, the City Court rising before them as they travel on. The plaza in front of the massive Classical building is packed with court functionaries, Takers, Guvners and their lackeys the Mercykillers and Harmonium. A host of vendors specializing in food and court-oriented services shout out their wares as the nine go by:

"Scribing! Clean, neat, set in Common or Legalese!"

"Sausages! Get yer sausages! Meat Pies! Fresh squeezed sugarberry juice!"

"Don't plead your own case! Junish the Barrister will plead for you at a reasonable rate!"

The group continues on without incident to the Temple District.

They pass the first few monumental temples of the sacred quarter. Justin notes the roofline of the Temple Of Zeus he visited yesterday. They pass a large temple that looks like it needs a whitewash and some repairing. It carries the sun symbol of Pelor. A ragged-looking priest works a small disinterested crowd:

"Oh ye apostates! The Scion of the Sun shall surely burn your wickedness from your betraying hides! Follow not the lies of this upstart Dawnflower! Pelor sees all in Heaven and Earth, and he will reward well the faithful who stand by him in his time of trial!"

Travelling farther into the crooked roads of the district, the temples slowly become smaller and plainer. Eventually the group enters Meatmarket Square. The plaza is alive even at this hour with the bleating of various animals and the haggling of various worshippers, eager to secure the right sacrifice for their god. The profusion of meat vendors in the square attests that the gods don't always get to keep the fruits of sacrifice.

Meatmarket Square marks the border of the Lady's Ward and the Lower Ward. Issac smells the distinct mixture of sulphur, coal smoke and hot steel that defines the ward. Everyone else just coughs a lot.

Passing through Swordhold, the nine get a few stares from other similar groups of people, most likely adventuring companies like themselves. They see a group of three elves, a dwarf, a githzeri and a beholder all chatting away, walking down the street. The beholder is interesting as he is literally surrounded by a dozen whizzing stones, looking almost like an orrey of a crystal sphere, one with a really ugly sun. The two groups prudently walk on other sides of the street, keeping a peery eye on each other.

Issac's home turf of the Foundry District comes up next. He sees the second shift arriving for work, the Godsmen with lunch pails chatting and laughing as they head for the massive Foundry complex. A few wave hello and they transition into the Gear Street district. This neighborhood of arcane engineers always fascinates. The group sees a crowd watching a cutter operate what looks to be a huge mechanical lobster in a cobbled courtyard props to JK's illo :).

Passing through the district, Gear Run turns into the Alley of Dangerous Angles and the Hellgate District. This neighborhood is the hangout for those Lower Planars who call kip in the Lower Ward. Rumor has it the neigborhood holds more portals to the Lower Realms than any place other than the Slags in the Hive. The group move through quickly, avoiding eye contact with the tieflings walking the quiet streets. Despite the occasional rain squall, the light must still be too bright for most demons and devils, for none show their faces. The group does see a frowning dark tavern called the Tenth Pit Inn that seems to be busy, but the muted cries come from behind a large shut oaken door guarded by what looks to be a half troll-half dragon. The large basher gives the nine a hard stare as they walk by.

Fortunately, the Alley of Dangerous Angles soon gives way to Gramercy Street. The road is part of the Gray District, but has a bit of activity and life thanks to the swarms of cutters passing to and fro from the Hive and the Lower Ward over the Zaddfum Trestle. Wagons hauling tradegoods from the Ditch barges rumble down the street, often heading Spinwards out to Ragpicker's Square rather than the devil-infested Hellgate District.

Along Gramercy, the group sees the Gathering Dust Bar. A dark-painted windowless shack, it would be unremarkable save for its street sign, which features an hourglass and the Dustmen's symbol of a stylized skull. Beyond in the foggy rain-shrouded distance is the Zaddfum Trestle, and past that in the distance lies the Gatehouse and the Madhouse District.

Actions??


Human Wiz 8

Justin keeps (mostly) quiet as the group traipses their way through the various districts. Justin's long legs easily keeping pace with the group.
His few muttered comments are directed at passer-byes, and seem half-hearted, as if he's making them out of habit. But from under his coat hood his eyes are constantly moving, trying to take in everything he sees and commit it to memory.

A they approach their destination, the usual smirk regains it's customary perch on his face.

'Great. They get to go chat up the locals from behind a nice mug of beer, and I get to talk to crazy people. My days just keep getting better.'

But he keeps his snarkiness to himself and turns to the others.

"So. I guess we split up here then. Do we want to agree on a time and meeting place, or just meet back at the Silver Rose whenever we think we've learned all we can for the day and compare notes?"

He looks around at the members of the two groups, waiting for their response. When they answer he shrugs his shoulder in agreement. He doesn't care, he just wanted them to think about it! :)

As 'Isaac's Group' (or as Justin is starting to think of them, the 'Lucky B@stards') head into the pub, Justin looks at Karrin with a raised eyebrow.

"So, you two have the contacts. I guess that makes you the leader of this little expedition. After you ladies!' He says with a half-bow and outstretched arm.


Bribes always welcome

You can always ask to go with the pub crawlers if you prefer Justin :)


Female catfolk sorceror 9

"Probably best we head back to the rose once we've found out everything. Although I suppose Seph could go with you so we can keep in limited contact?"


M Human Witchblade 6{Hexblade 1/Warlock 5(favored)

As ther group progresses Drazek's eyes comb the alleyways and rooftops for trouble with practiced discipline, occasionally glancing up at Bethany to ensure the group is all accounted for and glad to have a bird's eye view. He seems to enjoy the rain, making no effort to cover his head, his wet hair adding a wildness to his look.

He grins when Justin mentions Karrin's leadership, and his eyes skip to the elf girl to see her reaction.

'That one's way too quiet. When she cuts loose it's gonna be ugly as hell'


Male Half-elf (Planar) Ranger 5/Rogue 2/Plane Walker 1

"Aye, I suggest we set nightfall as the time to get out of the Hive if we can and then meet up at the Rose soon after to swap notes. Sending your friend Seph sounds like a good idea to me, but that's up to you, Merle. Best of luck with the Bleakers; try not to catch a case of the crazies."

Isaac frowns as he turns toward the doorway to Gathering Dust.

"Not that I expect the Dusties will be much more fun...", he adds quietly.

The illustration Patrick was talking about, by yours truly. Here's his character from my own Planescape game. Still in progress.


female elan Psion (Kineticist) 9

Nari stayed close to Karrin, watching the others warily, trying to learn more about them. She caught Drazek sizing her up same as she was doing and looked hastily away. She kept her eyes on her feet for some time after that.


Human Wiz 8

Justin nods his head. "Out by nightfall, right."

Justin looks askance at Isaac's comment and asks. "I've heard a little bit, but no one's bothered to enlighten me. Who are the 'Dustmen' any,...way." He trails off as Isaac opens the door to the pub, and he gets a glimpse of the clientele.

"Ah, Hades. Nevermind." He mutters, obviously no longer nearly as interested in the pub-crawlers good fortune as he was a moment ago. He turns back to Karrin and the small elf,

'What was her name anyway? It's like if i'm not looking at her, she wants to disappear.'

"Ready when you are are sweetheart!" He tells Karrin, his sudden enthusiasm for the assignment unmistakable.


Male Half-elf (Planar) Ranger 5/Rogue 2/Plane Walker 1

"A little barrel of laughs, each one of them. Of course, a few barrels of manic cackling is mostly what waits for you ladies and lads, so I'd call it a rather even assignment."


Female Avian Harpy Avian Harpy 4 Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2

Bethany soars overhead, keeping a tight watch on the group below, but also using her height to get a lay of the land. After growing up in a City of wide open spaces, she finds the closeness of Sigil cloying.
As they come upon the tavern, she lands next to Karrin so that she can get in on the discussion.
"Getting back to the Silver Rose before nightfall suits me fine. I have no wish to be down here after dark. Being here now is bad enough."

Guys I might drop off for a couple of days. I got rushed to hospital yesterday and spent most of the night there. I'm feeling slightly better today, but have been told to just lay down and rest for the next couple of days. Depending how I am feeling depends on whether I can post.


Bribes always welcome

Eir, Issac, Merle, and Swift enter the dark tavern. Merle and Swift's vision shifts as the darkness enfolds them. Eir and Issac make similar recoveries, only a bit slower. The door clangs shut behind them. The room is lit onlt by a few fitful candles, creating small wan islands of radiance among the darkened tables of the tavern.

The Gathering Dust Bar is a little quiet at this point of day. It is still Afterpeak, and the light outside keeps most undead at home. A few groups of Dustmen sit about, most sipping liquids from dark ceramic mugs. A bartender that looks to have a reptile or two in his family tree sits behind the bar. His eyes glow a weird copper color in the twilighty glow of the tavern.

Other than the bartender there are three groups of Dusties: One is a group of three males, two dressed in skull-motif plate armor, the third in a simple Dustman robe. Two of the Dustmen's zombies flank this group, standing immobile, their grey mouths sewn shut and a number carved on their foreheads. The three note your entrance, and the robed cutter puts on a smile and nods to you.

Another is a man and a woman, both dressed in Dustmen faction gear towards the back. They seem to be having a quiet disagreement. The female is showing more emotion than you've ever seen a Dustman show in public, they're usually a real stoic lot.

The final group is a solo male who gloomily sips his bub and stares off into the distance.


DO NOT STICK FINGERS IN CAGE
Lady Bethany Archaise wrote:


Guys I might drop off for a couple of days. I got rushed to hospital yesterday and spent most of the night there. I'm feeling slightly better today, but have been told to just lay down and rest for the next couple of days. Depending how I am feeling depends on whether I can post.

Dude by all means take care of yourself! I hope all is well!


Female Avian Harpy Avian Harpy 4 Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Dude by all means take care of yourself! I hope all is well!

Yeah, I just got a bad stomach bug, but I lost a lot of fluid and was in severe pain from it. 2 bags of fluid later I felt a bit better, but I am still not good.


DO NOT STICK FINGERS IN CAGE
Lady Bethany Archaise wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Dude by all means take care of yourself! I hope all is well!
Yeah, I just got a bad stomach bug, but I lost a lot of fluid and was in severe pain from it. 2 bags of fluid later I felt a bit better, but I am still not good.

UGH! Having suffered a (not as bad) gut bug recently I feel for you. Lots of soup and water (and fruit juice).

I'll do up Jo's turn if you want on Opal..


Holy s@@+, Eir is still in the game? I thought she was on sabbatical! WTF is happening? Between my f%&*ed up metabolism and nifghtmares at work I've had no time to read the last 250 posts.


Female Avian Harpy Avian Harpy 4 Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2
Patrick Curtin wrote:
I'll do up Jo's turn if you want on Opal..

Cheers, thanks. I'm gonna go lay back down now.


Bribes always welcome
Kruelaid wrote:
Holy s!#~, Eir is still in the game? I thought she was on sabbatical! WTF is happening?

LOL, Well, the sabattacal was over a while ago dude! You want Eir to be written out for a while? I can do that if you want, I thought you were just taking a breather on posting and letting the new folk do a little bit.


It's a little hard for me to follow at the current pace and post length...


I'll try and keep up. As it stands I have no idea who the new guys are and what the heck is going on.


Bribes always welcome
Kruelaid wrote:
It's a little hard for me to follow at the current pace and post length...

No worries. I'll take the harlot on an extended sabbatical at the newly-inaugurated Temple of Calistria.


Bribes always welcome
Eir Haakonen wrote:
I'll try and keep up. As it stands I have no idea who the new guys are and what the heck is going on.

No worries. Sorry, I thought you were following along, just not posting a lot. I can have Eir written out 'till you get squared up ..


I'm in.


Bribes always welcome
Eir Haakonen wrote:
I'm in.

OK, long and short is you're looking for info on a missing person named Eliath. You, Issac, Swift and Merle are going to a Dustman bar to make inquiries


Cool, I read it. The new guys sure kicked this game up a notch. Nice job!

<Eir lights up a panatella and breaks her silence.>

To her companions: "Last time I went looking for information in a bar it required a mass slaughter and lots of running away. Let's everyone stay cool, okay?"


Female catfolk sorceror 9

Merle leans over to Swift

Feline

Spoiler:
Please tell me she is joking.


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade

"Alright everyone," Karrin says turning to her group, "I'm going to level with you: I'm not much of a talker or a leader-er, but it seems that I'm the one that's got the most mercenary experience and the one that knows the cage the best . . . not sure what Renkar was thinking, but we're just checking out my contacts at the soup kitchen and at the church and that's kinda a soft ball mission. But I'm not taking any chances! If we do run into trouble we better figure out what each of us can do so we can figure out a strategy. Naridre Is a caster after a fashion. I'm a masher, so I'll form the front line, Naridre should form up somewhere behind me, seems easy enough, now do we have a healer or a flanker/skirmisher or a stealth expert?"


M Human Witchblade 6{Hexblade 1/Warlock 5(favored)

"Front line fightin' or pickin' 'em off at range are just as easy to me. And trust me I got a weapon when I need it. If we need tactical I can handle elevation, and I reckon with the bow and wings, Bethany here'd make a damn good skirmisher."

Drazek looks to Justin a subtle challenge in his gaze.


Bribes always welcome

I'm just gonna write team Gatehouse to its destination

The rest of the team heads out towards the Zaddfum Trestle and the Ditch. The crowds swell as they approach the decaying bridge, the many carven statues placed on it centuries ago whittled to soft-featured lumps by the Hive's acidic rain.

The rotted-clam stench of the Ditch strikes the group as it travels across the busy span. Barges piled with cheap goods, grain and other sundries from the Outland burgs dock far below along haphazard docks. Swarms of longshoremen hump the cargo up rickety flights of stairs to waiting wagons. Puncturing the sides of the steep Ditch are various sewer outlets that pour effluvium of indescribable odor into the greasy waters.

Past the Zaddfum Trestle is the Madhouse District. The first decayed tenaments of the true Hive Ward begin to lurch skyward like so many upraised claws. The Cage fog thickens as the infamous garbage fire smogs of the Hive thicken the rainy mist to a pelting stinging blast.

Moving down Waterside Drive to Bedlam Run, the group sees the squat Gatehouse before them. Crowds of Hivers are all moving that way, eager for a place to crash or a free mouthfull of porridge. Several approach the team:

"Please nobles a Green fer a veteran of the Blood Wars!"

"My baby has no food! Can yeh spare some jink?"

"The red sky laughs and I cry! I preach the tango galactic!"

The bread lines and inprocessing lines are long today. Perhaps the rain has brought out the barmies...


Human Wiz 8
Drazek Darkholme wrote:

"Front line fightin' or pickin' 'em off at range are just as easy to me. And trust me I got a weapon when I need it. If we need tactical I can handle elevation, and I reckon with the bow and wings, Bethany here'd make a damn good skirmisher."

Drazek looks to Justin a subtle challenge in his gaze.

Justin returns Drazek's gaze with half-lidded eyes and a raised eyebrow. One side of his mouth turns upwards.

"I can handle myself in a, brawl, if needed. " He replies evenly, his left hand idly resting on the pommel of what appears to be a sword the dark color of Cold Iron peeking from under his coat. His inflection of 'brawl' leaves no doubt as to his opinion of that pastime.

"Given foreknowledge and preparation, I can prepare for almost any eventuality. Since arriving here I generally keep a charm ready that allows me to understand and speak any language, as well as a protection spell or two. And I usually prep a spell or two that can summon creatures to assist if needed. But my speciality is,..." the other side of his mouth turns up to join the first, as if he is laughing at some private joke.

"Blasting. I'm h@ll at blasting." He smirks.

Justin nods slightly to Drazek, as if to say, 'your turn'.

Particularly keen or observant cutters may wonder why a man who obviously relies on magic so much is carrying a sword made of material known for its magic-disrupting properties.


M Human Witchblade 6{Hexblade 1/Warlock 5(favored)

Drazek'S eyes play over the sword and he seems to twitch slightly. "If this place is as dangerous as they say, I'll show you mine soon enough."

Dungeon Monkey wrote:

Crowds of Hivers are all moving that way, eager for a place to crash or a free mouthfull of porridge. Several approach the team:[/i]

"Please nobles a Green fer a veteran of the Blood Wars!"

"My baby has no food! Can yeh spare some jink?"

"The red sky laughs and I cry! I preach the tango galactic!"

The bread lines and inprocessing lines are long today. Perhaps the rain has brought out the barmies...

The warlock allows his cold eyed glare to keep the crazies and beggars at bay.

INTIMIDATE1d20+8=27


Bribes always welcome
Drazek Darkholme wrote:

Drazek allows his cold eyed glare to keep the crazies and beggars at bay.

INTIMIDATE1d20+8=27

The menacing glare Drazek whips up keeps all but the barmiest away. The beggars and pickpockets can smell danger from twenty paces, and Drazek looks loaded for bear. One fellow does persist in following them as they head to the Gatehouse:

"They carved a hole in me head they did, an' then they hit me wif lightning! It were arful. Ware the doctor's shiny knives!"

This barmy has a half-healed wound on his temple with stitching all around it.


Male Half-elf (Planar) Ranger 5/Rogue 2/Plane Walker 1

Isaac grins at Eir's comment.

"Is this a good time to mention that folks of my philosophical persuasion aren't exactly well received by Dustmen in particular? Oh, well."

Isaac approaches the bar, his face blank, and starts to speak to the barkeep.

"Good afterpeak to you. My friends and I are looking for a man, a human named Eliath. White hair, short and wiry. Hasn't been eating too well, squints because of an eye problem, blue wizard's robes. Barmy as three bats locked in a coffin. Have you seen him? We think he may have come this way."


Human Wiz 8
Drazek Darkholme wrote:
Drazek'S eyes play over the sword and he seems to twitch slightly. "If this place is as dangerous as they say, I'll show you mine soon enough."

Justin raises an eyebrow. He seems to be good at that.

"Give me a clear shot. Unless it's gigantic AND fireproof you won't need your, weapon." He grins with what seems to be genuine humor.

Talk aside, his eyes widen in appreciation at the glare-o-doom Drazek gives the panhandlers. His lips purse thoughtfully as they now easily navigate what was a crowded walkway a moment ago.


female elan Psion (Kineticist) 9
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

The menacing glare Drazek whips up keeps all but the barmiest away. The beggars and pickpockets can smell danger from twenty paces, and Drazek looks loaded for bear. One fellow does persist in following them as they head to the Gatehouse:

"They carved a hole in me head they did, an' then they hit me wif lightning! It were arful. Ware the doctor's shiny knives!"

This barmy has a half-healed wound on his temple with stitching all around it.

At first Nari shrank away from all of the people trying to approach, but she couldn't help feeling sorry for this man. She wasn't sure what she was supposed to do, but she stopped to talk to him anyway.

"I'm sorry it was so awful," she says softly. "Is there anything that I can do to help? Would you like to go to the Gatehouse? Maybe they can help you."


Female Tibbit Rogue 3

Swift gives a grin and a purr and whispers in response to Merle's question.

Feline;

Spoiler:
::I didn't slaughter anyone, I just defended myself and found some shiny things::

A bright grin settles on her features before looking at Eir. "To be fair none of us here started that fight" She declares before bounding after Isaac and looking up at him with an oddly longsuffering expression as he speaks. 'We couldn't have had a drink first?'


Female catfolk sorceror 9

Merle walks up and stands next to Issac as well. keeping an eye on the various patrons and looking somewhat uncomfortable wishing she had kept Seph with her rather than sending him off with the others.


Male Cat

Seph perched on Karrins shoulder Assuming of course she would let himLooking over the various people Merle had lumped him together with. He seems to try and hide behind Karrin whenever Drazark comes anywhere near clearly not liking the man.Would have been nice if Merle had actually put me in a group with someone I could talk to.


Bribes always welcome
Isaac wrote:


"Good afterpeak to you. My friends and I are looking for a man, a human named Eliath. White hair, short and wiry. Hasn't been eating too well, squints because of an eye problem, blue wizard's robes. Barmy as three bats locked in a coffin. Have you seen him? We think he may have come this way."

Does Issac wear any conspicousous Believer of the Source items?

The bartender grunts and turns his coppery eyes on Issac.

"Barmies we gots, an' plenty of them. They all end up in our House in the end."

The bartender's semi-reptilian face is a study in disinterest.


Bribes always welcome
Naridre Ro'Arisahshe wrote:

...

"I'm sorry it was so awful," she says softly. "Is there anything that I can do to help? Would you like to go to the Gatehouse? Maybe they can help you."

The barmy cries hysterically

"I don't need to go to the Gatehouse! The doctor said I'm cured! I'm cured! I'm cured!"

He keeps repeating 'I'm cured' hysterically until a Bleaker in chainmail approaches him and gently leadds him away. The Bleaker turns to Nari.

"We'll take care of him miss."


Male Half-elf (Planar) Ranger 5/Rogue 2/Plane Walker 1
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Isaac wrote:


"Good afterpeak to you. My friends and I are looking for a man, a human named Eliath. White hair, short and wiry. Hasn't been eating too well, squints because of an eye problem, blue wizard's robes. Barmy as three bats locked in a coffin. Have you seen him? We think he may have come this way."

Does Issac wear any conspicousous Believer of the Source items?

The bartender grunts and turns his coppery eyes on Issac.

"Barmies we gots, an' plenty of them. They all end up in our House in the end."

The bartender's semi-reptilian face is a study in disinterest.

Not particularly; he doesn't have any major rank or anything and he tends to avoid gaudy clothing. So unless having soot-stained clothes is an immediate giveaway, he can probably pass for unaligned.

"I see."

Isaac slaps down five stingers.

"What's your poison, Swift? I'll buy you a drink. Let me ask again, cutter: have you seen this particular barmy, in this bar or this neighborhood? A yes or no is a fine start and much appreciated."


Female Tibbit Rogue 3

Swift gives a small purr at Isaac's offer before looking over the bar curiously, taking a moment before shrugging. "I'm easy, a drink is a drink" She declares brightly before looking out and over the other patrons of the bar, her expression lazily halfinterested.


Female catfolk sorceror 9

What am I invisible? Merle wonders before clearing her throat "I wouldn't mind something to drink as well actually."


Bribes always welcome
Isaac wrote:

Not particularly; he doesn't have any major rank or anything and he tends to avoid gaudy clothing. So unless having soot-stained clothes is an immediate giveaway, he can probably pass for unaligned.

Nope, plenty of non-aligned cutters work the Foundry or in dirty jobs

Isaac wrote:

"I see."

Isaac slaps down five stingers.

"What's your poison, Swift? I'll buy you a drink. Let me ask again, cutter: have you seen this particular barmy, in this bar or this neighborhood? A yes or no is a fine start and much appreciated."

The bartender shrugs

"Doesn't sound like any wots come through here lately."


Bribes always welcome
Merle Barer wrote:
What am I invisible? Merle wonders before clearing her throat "I wouldn't mind something to drink as well actually."

Must be your cat-like sneakiness


female elan Psion (Kineticist) 9
Dungeon Monkey wrote:


The barmy cries hysterically

"I don't need to go to the Gatehouse! The doctor said I'm cured! I'm cured! I'm cured!"

He keeps repeating 'I'm cured' hysterically until a Bleaker in chainmail approaches him and gently leadds him away. The Bleaker turns to Nari.

"We'll take care of him miss."

Naridre says a quiet "Thank you," to the Bleaker before trying to once more fade into Karrin's shadow.


Human Wiz 8

Justin observes the 'cured' man being led away with a look halfway between revulsion and pity.

"If he's cured, I'm a Pit Fiend." The tall mage mutters. He looks at Nadride with a lopsided smile meant to be reassuring as he follows Karrin up to the gates,...


M Human Witchblade 6{Hexblade 1/Warlock 5(favored)

"Heh"


Male Half-elf (Planar) Ranger 5/Rogue 2/Plane Walker 1

"Ah, sorry there, Merle. I just assumed you and Eir didn't feel like having anything. Whatever you like, my apologies."

He nods to the barkeep's response.

"All right, then. Thanks."

"What do you think, ladies?"


Bribes always welcome

The Gathering Dust Bar remains quiet. The only folks paying any attention to you are the three cutters with their two zombies over to the side. The two Dusties in armor are stoic, but the one in a simple robe actually looks friendly and smiling, something you don't often see with Dustmen.


Bribes always welcome

The Gatehouse team enters the huge tiled central courtyard. The huge open-roofed tower enclosing the ancient courtyard rears above them some fifteen stories high, with the five-story wings radiating off it in a sunburst pattern.

An open soup line is feeding ragged cutters, another line seems to be folks bringing barmies, orphans and oldsters to seek shelter.

Karrin and Naridre catch a glimpse of the kind tiefling they met the other day, Hlar, working with several young children. His size and crown of horns is hard to miss.

3,251 to 3,300 of 12,277 << first < prev | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.