Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company

Game Master Patrick Curtin

This campaign is my attempt to play a canonical Planescape campaign using the updated Pathfinder ruleset. The game actually predates the release of Pathfinder, but we have managed to update as we have needed.


201 to 250 of 11,969 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Taldor

Male hu-man Paladin
Kratos wrote:

Back to a more normal number 11 it seems

Kratos feels the wind of the ally on him as he bounds toward the fountain at a dead run[still run x4 160 ft]

he only needs to take a double move, the race isn't designed for running, too many crowds and tight turns


Female "Normal Housecat" (honest!) Rogue 3

The small soft cat stays curled up beside Emelia as a comforting presence for a while as she thinks through her options, giving the occasional quiet purr or mew for the girl's benefit.

'What would Skrint do? He's always so calm and collected' she silently ponders 'Or Edwin... EDWIN! That's it!'

Hopping up again she lightly licks her little friends arm and gives another meow, a small goodbye before darting off to leave through the razorvine.


Emelia whispers as Blacky runs off

"Goodbye Bunnykins! Come back soon!"

The small black form of the cat darts along the narrrow alleys and byways of The Clerk's Ward, headed for Edwin Asfiritus' kip. The old wizard's lodgings are in the Guildhall Ward, off a side street of Copperman Way called Herbalists' Row. The area is home to several wizards and alchemists. Fronting the small street on Copperman Way is the alchemy shop of Wooly Cupgrass, an infamous character of Sigil. Wooly is known as the bariaur who will try any liquid, no matter how foul or unknown. Swift saw some of Wooly's more spectacular incidents with 'potion identification' while masquerading as 'Eclipse'.

Swift/Blacky arrives at Herbalist's Row as the light of Afterpeak begins to mellow towards darkness (5PM). The darkening sky surrounding the grey arch of the otherside of Sigil is filled with flying creatures, many of them looking quite fiendish, heading along to their early appointments for the evening.

Edwins' kip is small, with a plain red-brick exterior that has seen its share of scrubbing and repairing by the diligent Dabus. A small sign affixed to the door reads: Edwin Asfiritus, Magister specializing in Divination. Under this sign is a smaller hand-printed one: Please beware my familiar and don't allow her outside.

Blacky approaches the door in cat form.

Kayos are you going to switch out to humanoid?

Osirion

male Human 8th level seeker/6th level gamer /4th level bad speller
Guy Humual wrote:
Kratos wrote:

Back to a more normal number 11 it seems

Kratos feels the wind of the ally on him as he bounds toward the fountain at a dead run[still run x4 160 ft]

he only needs to take a double move, the race isn't designed for running, too many crowds and tight turns

yeah I know but no mater how smart he is right now he is a dog who is enjoying his run


Female "Normal Housecat" (honest!) Rogue 3

Blacky carefully looks around, ensuring nobody is watching before resuming her humanoid form. Quickly and gracefully shifting before knocking on Edwin's door.


Female Tibbit Rogue 3

Smiling lightly up at the sign Swift knocks sharply at the door, not wanting to let herself in, last time that happened his familiar got loose and he was still annoyed over that. Tugging a little nervously on a strand of obsidian hair she silently ponders on how to ask her friend what she wants to ask, how to ensure he wouldn't say no? She has money but it's her money, but Emelia's safety was worth some cash right?


female Tiefling 8th level Duskblade

ok, all we're missing for the next leg is Ffethpaar's initiative and actions for the next leg

Karrin stands (move action), then takes another move to get 30 ft down the ally.

"Oooh that mutt is gonna get it," Karrin grumbles.


Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk/2, Cleric/1

Help! this is getting technical. What modifier do I use? (I'm guessing strength) Is this step 3 of the overrun thingy? In which case does my tail give me an extra +4? I'll just roll and add my strength modifier (+2) and you can adjust it if you see fit.

Opposed roll thingy. (1d20+2=21)

I'm guessing that's probably successful. Was this before or after I charged down the stairs?

BTW I would think the jump is possible, he is only jumping down a distance equivalent to his height, and he is very athletic with a tail and all.


Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk/2, Cleric/1

I'm guessing that my opposed roll had some effect and that I am still in the fray.

Assumptions: I make it to the door before it shuts and I didn't get knocked down. Please tell me if I am wrong here.

So.. if that is so, without slowing down, Ffethpaar charges on to the next leg of the race passing Karrin as she gets up from the floor. Running headlong after (with?) the dog.

Initiative roll:
Second stage initiative. (1d20+1=10)

If I am completely wrong in my surmise, please can somebody explain what has happened...?

Taldor

Male hu-man Paladin
Ffethpaar wrote:

I'm guessing that my opposed roll had some effect and that I am still in the fray.

Assumptions: I make it to the door before it shuts and I didn't get knocked down. Please tell me if I am wrong here.

So.. if that is so, without slowing down, Ffethpaar charges on to the next leg of the race passing Karrin as she gets up from the floor. Running headlong after (with?) the dog.

Initiative roll:
Second stage initiative. (1d20+1=10)

If I am completely wrong in my surmise, please can somebody explain what has happened...?

Looking good so far, the opposed roll is BaB + STR + Size Mod + other, I don't think the lizardfolk gets a bonus for having a tail though, it should say in the lizard folk's stat description if you do get some kind of bonus.


female Tiefling 8th level Duskblade

Karrin casts sudden expeditious retreat, suddenly gaining +30 onto her base move (allowing her to move 120 on a double move). Karrin easily clears the remaining 30 feet and comes to the last leg of the race:

initiative (1d20 3=12)

hooks around the corner and successfully weaves through traffic Though there is once close call (roll of 5).

Obstacles (1d6=5, 1d6=3, 1d6=4)

Karrin finishes the race, but her placing now depends on how the others rolled in initiative, and if they ran into any obstacles. Remember a roll of 6 means difficult terrain for 20ft.


ok this is how I have it figed.
End of round one karrin is on the ground kratos and Ffethpaar are at the door kraos and Ffethpaar would prob both fit out since both got 21.so starting round 2 we have
Init:
Karrian 4
kratos 11
Ffethpaar 10

Rd 2
*kratos took a full run moveing 160 ft...lets call it a double move that puts him out the ally and 20 ' down the street lets roll for himouch crowed.
So at the end of round 2 kratos is 10 ft down the street of part 3

*Ffethpaar looks like he took a double run that makes him at the end of area 2 since he moves 60 '

*karrian goes last she stands up and moves 30 ' bringing her half way there.

RD 3
kratos 21
karrin 12
Ffethpaar??

*Kratos initis 21 and he rushes though the crowd...he needs to go 50' so thats 3 rolls he gets 2,3 and 6 so 40 ft and the last 10 as difficult .As a full run move he can go 160 so he very easily gets there.

*karrin cast he spell and moves 160 feet .

all we are missing is Ffethpaar actions but seems kratos is gonna win


Kratos busts though the ally the lizard man close behind.He barrels into the crowd sprawling sevel people to the ground.The bull hound runs all out knocking people left and right head down as he mows though the sidewalk.He was moving so fast in fact that when he came to the inn he slammed very loudly and painfully into the door.


Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk/2, Cleric/1

Seeing the burst of speed put on by Karrin, Ffethpaar feels resigned "Well if they are going to use magic...". But his determination doesn't let him quit so he runs on at full speed for all he is worth dodging the passers-by as well as he can.


Rolls:

Initiative: Stage three initiative. (1d20+1=6) (Obviously running short of breath a bit here guys)
Difficulty: Obstruction by the people rolls. (1d6=4, 1d6=1, 1d6=1) Miraculously missing everybody.

Arriving at the door (last, I fear - but only just) and taking comfort that technically Zigel is the rotten egg.

"Good race" he gasps trying not to sound out of breath.


The familiar sound of soft slippers shuffling to the door greets Swift's ears. The door's spyhole opens, a rheumy eye staring out. Swift hears the click-clack of several bolts being withdrawn. The door swings open with a slight squeek.

Edwin stands before Swift in his wizardly glory. A battered shapeless knit cap covers his bald head, its bright green color more of a muted gray after repeated washings. His furry white eyebrows, which always fascinated Swift whenever she was in cat form were raised in polite surprise. Edwin looks a bit older and more doddery than when Swift was his familiar Eclipse, his robe a bit more threadbarren and one yellow-horned big toe showing from out of his ancient slippers. He blinks once, then he smiles, a surprising amount of white regular teeth showing from within his thin lips.

"Swift! What a pleasant surprise! Come in, come in, I was just gettting ready for a spot of tea."

The wizard ushers Swift into his receiving parlor. A cast iron stove sits with a small coal fire inside its rusty interior. A well-used teapot chuckles on the top. Various oddments and wizardly miscellania line the walls and overflow several of the shelves. Near the stove, a small calico cat yawns and stretches, opening one yellow eye then closing it. Edwin puts Swift in the overstuffed vermillion leather seat near the stove and pours her some Shou-En-Lai tea.

"My dear, I am happy to see you! What have you been up to?"


Male Tiefling Invoker/3rd

Zigel walks into the street to see Ffethpaar pushing though the crowd.Seeing people picking them selves up from the street and the general chaos on the sidewalk he chuckles to himself"bashers would make chaos men proud"

Taldor

Male hu-man Paladin
Kratos wrote:

ok this is how I have it figed.

End of round one karrin is on the ground kratos and Ffethpaar are at the door kraos and Ffethpaar would prob both fit out since both got 21.so starting round 2 we have
Init:
Karrian 4
kratos 11
Ffethpaar 10

Rd 2
*kratos took a full run moveing 160 ft...lets call it a double move that puts him out the ally and 20 ' down the street lets roll for himouch crowed.
So at the end of round 2 kratos is 10 ft down the street of part 3

*Ffethpaar looks like he took a double run that makes him at the end of area 2 since he moves 60 '

*karrian goes last she stands up and moves 30 ' bringing her half way there.

RD 3
kratos 21
karrin 12
Ffethpaar??

*Kratos initis 21 and he rushes though the crowd...he needs to go 50' so thats 3 rolls he gets 2,3 and 6 so 40 ft and the last 10 as difficult .As a full run move he can go 160 so he very easily gets there.

*karrin cast he spell and moves 160 feet .

all we are missing is Ffethpaar actions but seems kratos is gonna win

not quite, he can only go in a strait line when running (160ft), so he boots it down the ally, but he can't quite count that extra move on the last leg because he can't turn. Now if he'd taken a double move (80ft) he'd be able to count the extra 20 feet towards the next turn. In the next round Kratos can't run because of the crowds. Kratos needs to go the full 60 this round. However with a double move (80ft) Kratos has just enough move to finish the race (even with the obstruction in the last 20ft).


Greep and Renkar were just getting another short beer before starting another round of Yuguloth's Eye when the large form of Kratos barrels into the Copper Cauldron's door. The loud thump startles the entire common room. Mercutio squawks, leaping from his resting place by the hearth and flying in rapid circles above the tables squealing and growling oaths in Draconic.

Bess frowns at the sheepish-looking pooch and scowls.

"Any more of that an' I'll have you out of here my fine young hound."

Renkar observes the three members of the crew and the chastened dog as they approach. He raises an eyebrow in mock curiosity.

"Ah. Were you all worried that you'd be late for supper?"


female Tiefling 8th level Duskblade

"Yay!" Karrin says when she reaches the door, "Not the rotten egg!"

When Ffethpaar arrives close on her heels, Karrin cheers for him as well, "Yay! You're also not the rotten egg!"

Karrin waits for Zigel to arrive before saying "But something stinks, pee-ew, I smell a rotten egg!"


neuter Robbit (variant halfling with reptilian appearence) Rogue2 / Wizard (transmuter) 1

"If they wanted to get the last slice of apple pie, they should have run faster then that- Mercutio already ate every crumb." -greep-

Osirion

male Human 8th level seeker/6th level gamer /4th level bad speller

yep your right guy I did forget about the no turning while running some rules i'm very rusty on.That was a fun exchange though


Male Tiefling Invoker/3rd

Zigel strolls into the caldron looks around at the out of breath runners and seeing kratos rubbering up against karrin"evening cutters"


Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk/2, Cleric/1

A picture of dignity, Ffethpaar walks up to the table to join Renkar and Greep, catches Bess's eye and asks for a glass of berry juice. He nods at Renkar and Greep and sits down.

Turning to Karrin (with the lizardfolk equivalent of a smile): "Remind me never to come between you and something you really desire. It is good that we are both on the same side."


female Tiefling 8th level Duskblade

"Zigel is a rotten egg,
Zigel is a rotten egg,
Zigel is a rotten egg."

If anyone else joins in, Karrin continues taunting, otherwise she stops and joins Renkar at the table.

"Thank you Ffethpaar," Karrin says, "I try really hard to win, but I guess I sometimes get carried away . . ."


Renkar looks bemused at all the tomfoolery at the table.

"Well, we are only missing Swift, Eir and Hanali. Hopefully they will rejoin us soon. "

Ramona comes up and inquires as to anyone's eating desires. Most of the table is still hungry, except perhaps Mercutio who has had a bit too much pie. He has retreated to the rafters to catch a quick nap while the common room of the inn fills with the dinner crowd.


F Aasimar Rog/Mnk 2/2

Kruelaid, I am just going to assume you didn't have anything burning you wanted to do. If you did, feel free to say and I can retcon.

The delightful meal over, Hanali and Eir depart from the restaurant. Eir notices that Hanali just signs a slip of parchment when the waiter comes at the end of the meal, when asked she shrugs and says,

"Father has an open line of credit here, he's a frequent guest."

Hanali and Eir emerge from Chirper's as the dinner rush is getting really underway. The crowd is a very lively mix; the restaurant really doesn't seem to care who eats there as long as they bring the jink to cover the tab. Noresh emerges from a stall just out of the Chirper's waiting courtyard, finishing off a leg of turkey and tossing the bone in the sewer as he comes.

Hanali sends Noresh out among the milling crowd, and once again an ornate palanquin is procured and contracted for the ride back to Copper Court. Eir can see that moving in these circles will cost a lot of jink indeed. But the silk cushions feel absolutely exquisite, and the perspective as they move slowly towards Copper Court is wonderful.

The dimming light picks out many different beings scurrying to and fro. Bands of bariaurs gallop along the cobbled avenue, their hair and back manes beribboned and curled for an evening out. Sharpers, touts, beggars and whores all thicken as they pass along Copperman Way, their time of action rapidly approaching. A squad of Harmonium troops by, their red armor polished brightly and their clean-shaven faces grim as they survey the chaos of the avenue. Eir notices many Lower Planes denizens scattered among the crowd: Spines, chitin and horns aplenty as the Night Market in the Great Bazaar begins its' Antipeak procession. Several other litters pass by you, but few match the opulence of the one you share with Hanali.

You arrrive at Copper Court as the hour nears for your agreed upon return. You get dropped at the beginning of the street, and leisurely walk towards the Silver Rose. As you both walk by the Copper Cauldron you can hear some of the voices of your companions. Checking inside you can see that the rest of the group is inside here, excepting Swift. You decide to enter and join the group.


female Tiefling 8th level Duskblade

"Hello Renkar, Ffethpaar said you wanted to see us, and then a certain tiefling suggested that we race," Karrin says glaring ay Zigel with a mock serious expression, "so we raced over! I was the first two legged racer by the way, I would have beat the dog but he tackled me. Not very sportsman like if you ask me, but what are you going to do? So, what's good to eat?"


Renkar smiles at his young Tiefling employee.

"Trying to outrun a bullhound is an exercise in itself."

Renkar tosses Kratos one of the last rolls on the table from his lunch with Greep.

"I hope you got everything accomplished that you needed to Miss Kind. The suckling pig young Robyn is spinning so industriously at the hearth looks good to me. Oh, Ffethpaar. Bess wanted me to tell you she got a line on some reasonably-fresh cod fillets and some shellfish if you are interested. She makes a delicious fish chowder or a baked cod casserole."

Renkar looks over at his Robbit employee

"Greep and I and the fat dragon snoring in the rafters had a lovely time this Afterpeak with darts and a few drinks. I feel very good, and I am hopefull that Eir and Hanali's errand went well."

At this moment the two appear at the door.

"Speak of a devil and one appears! Here are two of the three we are missing."


female Tiefling 8th level Duskblade

"Well I don't know if I could eat a whole pig," Karrin say, misunderstanding Renkar's suggestion, "Maybe I'll just try it a little at a time. Lots of stuff on the side though, maybe some salad if she's got any, some greens, potatoes, maybe some cheese, pickles, and some bread and butter."

Karrin waves down the young serving girl and gives her order. She begins rubbing her hands together in anticipation.


Female Tibbit Rogue 3

Smiling warmly at seeing the wizard's friendly face Swift settles herself in the comfortable seat with a content purr. "It's been too long Edwin" She murmurs happily as she observes the calico cat with a little smile, it really had been too long, she was always just much too busy.

"And I'm afraid this is just a quick visit as I have a prior appointment I should really get to. I just.." the young woman sighs heavily as she quietly ponders upon her phrasing "..need your help."

"There's a wonderful young girl, probably of celestial blood, she's sweet kind and warm but is currently having her spirit quashed by a rather severe man known only as Mr. Sage. I have plans to free her but as I'm quite.. adventuresome.. I really wouldn't be a good candidate for a mentor or guardian. I was wondering if you would, or would know of someone, who could help a girl have more freedom. I'd help financially of course."

After getting all of this off of her chest she exhales heavily with a little frown. She sometimes hated that little Emelia had this effect on her, she was often a solitary creature and this was so unlike her usual self.


female Tiefling 8th level Duskblade

"Bess," Karrin calls over, "did Swift come by to look after my cat? She said she would but I didn't see her over at the company place."


neuter Robbit (variant halfling with reptilian appearence) Rogue2 / Wizard (transmuter) 1

Greep sits quietly, waiting for the whole team to arrive so that they can begin going over the mission. He is smilling and planning his paperwork for the Company. He envisions his office, with everything set up just so. Desk here. Files there. Alarm button hidden carefully. Target on the far wall for him to shoot at. Just like his old office back on Roerth. But without the need to write so many reports.

-Greep- "I haven't seen Blacky all afternoon, Karrin. Or Swift, either. Maybe, they went for a walk?"

(Greep is unfamiliar with felines, and has not heard the phrase "herding cats", yet.)


female Tiefling 8th level Duskblade
Greep wrote:


-Greep- "I haven't seen Blacky all afternoon, Karrin. Or Swift, either. Maybe, they went for a walk?"

Karrin frowns, "cats don't walk with people, they're very solitary creatures, and they follow orders or things. I hope Swift didn't forget about Blacky. I better go check on her. Nobody touch my food when it gets here, I'll be back!"

Karrin runs upstairs to her room, "Blacky!" she calls, "Mommy's home, where are you puss, puss, puss?"

Karrin searches her room, checking in the blankets of her unmade bed, under the bed, in the chest, in the closet, and then Karrin frantically searches the halls and corridors of the inn looking for her cat.

"Blacky," she calls, "where are you girl?"

When Karrin returns to the common room she looks very glum, "Blacky's probably run away, probably to someone that can better look after her," she says, "I knew I should have looked after her myself, Brother Hill used to say that if you want something done right you should do it yourself. Now I finally think I know what he was talking about."

Karrin sits at her chair looking dejected and not even mountains of food placed in front of her seem to cheer her up.


Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk/2, Cleric/1
Renkar Sha'Hagmid wrote:


"... Oh, Ffethpaar. Bess wanted me to tell you she got a line on some reasonably-fresh cod fillets and some shellfish if you are interested. She makes a delicious fish chowder or a baked cod casserole."

Ffethpaar looks the lizardfolk equivalent of very pleased at this news

"I thank her, that will be lovely." He hails the serving girl "May I have some fish chowder and the baked cod please? And if you have any grasses to go with it that would be appreciated. And another berry juice. I seem to have finished my first one."

I am sure Ffethpaar will pick up the chant eventually, but it may take a long time...


Edwin frowns as he sips his tea.

"Hrmm. Hrrmf ... Well now, I am not sure I am the right one to ask Swift. I do not know too many people of child-rearing age. I have few living relatives of friends, and most of them are my age."

He blinks once, frowns, and sips his tea.

"Perhaps you could persuade this Mr. Sage to relinquish his ward, if he seems burdened by her. Perhaps he would even welcome it. I am sure a young being like yourself must know someone who could adopt her in some fashion?"

The small feline yawns and stretches in the corner, rising on her paws to head towards Edwin. The cat looks over at Swift and meows to her.

Anyone with Feline:

Spoiler:
::Don't listen to the old monkey. Scream, leap and take what you wish::


The common room of the Copper Cauldron fills up as Before Antipeak nears. The dimming light brings tired apprentices, tradesman and laborers off the thouroughfare and into the confines of the inn. Bess runs a tight ship, her generous portions and reasonable prices drawing a wide clientele.

Ramona brings the table a large selection of provender. Ffethpaar gets his fish chowder and baked cod, everyone else gets generous slices of roast pork, baked potatoes cooked in the hearth ashes, and a heaping portion of mixed greens and carrots. A small wheel of sharp cheese, several of Bess' homemade bread loaves and a crock of large pickles complete the repast. Ffethpaar gets his berry juice, and everyone else is supplied with the drinks they desire.

The conversation stays lively, everyone swapping tales of their homes before reaching Sigil. Hanali starts to mention the interview with Lucius, but Renkar stops her, explaining that he'd rather wait for Swift's arrival.

A minstrel appears and takes a seat by the roaring hearth. She plays a lively string of instrumental songs on her lute, her battered cap upside-down before her. Patrons flip Greens and Stingers into the cap as the last light fades from the Cage's sky. Ramona leaves her a plate of food by her chair, her payment for playing the house.


Karrin Kind wrote:
"Bess," Karrin calls over, "did Swift come by to look after my cat? She said she would but I didn't see her over at the company place."

Bess looks up from her work at the brazier.

"Luv, I ain't seen that cutter since you all showed heels back this Beforepeak. Can't say as I've seen yer cat either, but there's plenty of places a cat can go to ground in this old pile."


Female Tibbit Rogue 3

"And that in itself is the real problem Edwin. Whilst Emelia appears to frustrate and annoy Sage no end, he seems burdened by her, but he always keeps her locked up and she's hard to get to. I get the feeling more is at play here. I don't think he'll just give her up."

Sipping her tea the young woman sighs heavily, sure that she shouldn't have to be dealing with this, she was only just an adult herself.

"Thank you for your advice though, really. I just, I'm currently lacking in peoople I trust to turn to."

Shaking her head she turns to focus on the oter feline with a tiny smile before meowing in response.

Feline:

Spoiler:
:: Thanks, I'm sure I can take and make this work to my liking. It's just a question of working out if it's really worth the effort.. ::


The elderly wizard ponders for a moment, his impressive white eyebrows joining together in a V above his craggy nose.

"I'll tell you what Swift. I can inquire of my few contacts and see if this Mr. Sage has anything nefarious going on. I do have a few resources at my disposal, but putting them into play will take time."

Edwin looks at the small cat now rubbing his ankles in a sinuous curving pattern.

"Perhaps Mystery here will consent to act as a spy. I don't like to let her out since she takes long holidays and I worry so, but you might be able to talk to her cat to cat as it were."

Mystery meeps and meows

Feline

Spoiler:
::I am a proud warrior cat. I tolerate this smelly monkey for his opposable thumbs. He tries to lock me up because like all monkeys he wishes to possess what he cannot understand. However, if a noble cat-cousin like yourself should need assistance, I will try to help. For the proper fee of course.::


Female Tibbit Rogue 3

Swift bows her head respectfully to her former adopted human. "Any help you can offer is more than appreciated Edwin" She purrs out with an appreciative little smile before refocusing her attention on Mystery.

Smiling brightly she responds in gentle but quite strong purrs and meows.

Feline:

Spoiler:
:: The Cat Lord must be proud of you noble sister. I look forward to working with you and I'm more than certain I can find something that would constitute a more than fair reward ::


The old wizard smiles at Swift.

"Not at all my dear, I am happy to help you. Just tell me where this Mr. Sage dwells and I will persue the matter over the next few days."

Mysyery ambles over towards Swift, sitting by her and licking a paw nonchalantly. Swift can tell the small cat is pleased with her flattery. She meeps and purrs softly

Feline:

Spoiler:
::Bring me several small mice to play with/eat and a pint of quality cream and I will attend to your task.::

Swift becomes aware that the light in the parlor has diminished as she has sat here and visited with Edwin. The sourceless light of Sigil's day is almost gone, the darker hours of Before Antipeak are at hand.


Eir will sit quietly smoking her cigar with her feet on a table and await the meeting.


female Tiefling 8th level Duskblade

Karrin doesn't eat with her regular healthy vigor. She seems to be pushing her peas around her plate more then eating them. Somethings clearly bothering the tiefling (although anyone unfamiliar with human emotion might not make the logical connection) and anyone even remotely familiar with Karrin might be surprised to see food on her plate a good half an hour after it was placed in front of her!


Renkar looks over at the listless Tiefling girl

"My dear you have not touched a bite of food! Are you well?"

Having seen Karrin's prodigious eating feats he is startled by her lack of appetite.


neuter Robbit (variant halfling with reptilian appearence) Rogue2 / Wizard (transmuter) 1

Eir will sit quietly smoking her cigar

Carefully approaching the waiting Eir, Greep says, "I must ask you about the breathing of smoldering herbs which you and others do. What is its purpose?" -greep- "Is using the 'lucifer's some form of religious or elemental pledge?"


Greep wrote:


Carefully approaching the waiting Eir, Greep says, "I must ask you about the breathing of smoldering herbs which you and others do. What is its purpose?" -greep- "Is using the 'lucifer's some form of religious or elemental pledge?"

"It's relaxing. There is a mild and addictive drug in the leaves."

She offers a cigar to Greep.

"It's also bad for your health but then being a channeler does seem to allay the ill effects."


neuter Robbit (variant halfling with reptilian appearence) Rogue2 / Wizard (transmuter) 1

Accepting the 'cigar', he attemps to ignite it as he had seen Eir do. After several attempts, he suceeds.

"It tastes somewhat odd." -greep- He jumps slightly as his customary croak produces a ring of smoke.


Renkar, seeing the nicotinia fly, rummages for his well-worn pipe.

"Also Greep, if the cigar form doesn't please your taste you can smoke it loose in a pipe like this."

Renkar tamps his pipe solid, lights a lucifer with a practiced stroke and puffs gently on the brimming brown-stained bowl.


neuter Robbit (variant halfling with reptilian appearence) Rogue2 / Wizard (transmuter) 1

To Renkar "Your way appears neater, but the cigar format is somehow pleasing." -greep- (he pokes his finger through the resulting ring )"Is your herb of a different flavor?"


Renkar puffs a bit to get his bowl going.

"Yes they are different in taste, and the pipe makes the smoke affect a different part of the mouth. There are different strains as well which affects both strength and flavor. I prefer this Garlan Bright Valley Longleaf I am smoking now. I have a tobaccanist friend who keeps a shop in the Market Ward and it's the best Prime tobacco I have yet to try."

Renkar puffs contentedly.

201 to 250 of 11,969 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.