Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company

Game Master Patrick Curtin

This campaign is my attempt to play a canonical Planescape campaign using the updated Pathfinder ruleset. The game actually predates the release of Pathfinder, but we have managed to update as we have needed.


1,451 to 1,500 of 11,969 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>

After breakfast Renkar leads the four to the Silver Rose . They troop into the practice area. Hanali is already inside, dressed in plain linen tunic and trousers, working up a sweat hitting a heavy bag with her arms and legs. She pauses, and grabs a towel.

Renkar motions for the group to grab some stools. Mercutio flys off to the rafters.

"Last night I had some of my contacts monitor the neighborhood of Crackskull Close. As I had hoped, you seem to have killed off some very important pieces of the Broken Claw Tribe's hierarchy. There is a full-out power struggle going on right now for dominance. I think that this Afterpeak would be an optimum time to attempt to enter their gate. They will be off their guard and we can perhaps gain entry without too much effort."

Renkar looks at the assembled group

"Any ideas on what we should do to accomplish this?"


Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk/2, Cleric/1
the Greep wrote:

looking at Eir

"Would you like some kippers?" -greep- "Here, take mine; I haven't touched them."
greep looks relieved to find someone who might take them off his hands.
Sorry Ffethpaar, but the thought of eating fish for breakfast doesn't excite me- Let alone eating a 'preserved herring'. niel is not a big fan of fish.
"Coffee for me too, please."

-grEEp-

Ffethpaar understands that there may be people who don't eat fish for breakfast, but the concept is alien to him. Why would anyone not want to eat fish at any time? But Greep can rest assured that Ffethpaar takes no offence.


female Tiefling 8th level Duskblade
Renkar Sha'Hagmid wrote:


"Any ideas on what we should do to accomplish this?"

"If they're turning on each other it would be useful if we had a way to use this to our advantage. If we knew the different factions . . . who knows maybe we could turn this into a win - win situation. We help some green skinned individual into power and in return he shuts down this salt business.

Either that or we just play them against each other till they're whittled down to nothing and then we strike while they're weak. Hopefully before another clan makes a move on them."


neuter Robbit (variant halfling with reptilian appearence) Rogue2 / Wizard (transmuter) 1
Renkar wrote:
"Any ideas on what we should do to accomplish this?"

"Two ideas come to mind." -greep- "First, I noticed the fog there in the early morning hours is quite dense. That would be a good time to approach, especially if the fog is increased by magic. Though that is a spell I do not know."

-greep-

"Also, I wonder if the Claw using 'Scaly' captives to do the mining has anything to do with the Saurian neighborhood being just the other side of the warehouse" -greep- "If there is a connection, perhaps we could find some allies to distract the gobbo guards while we enter the warehouse."

-greep-

"What is our strategy once we use the gate?" -greep- "From Swift, we know the gobbos do not camp near to the gate's exit on the Outlands. She noted several hours between the wagon leaving and returning."

-greep-


Eir sharpens a dagger, listening intently.

"Allies, fog. Good."

"Can the dog track?"


Bribes always welcome

Renkar nods thoughfully

"I think your idea is a good one Greep. Perhaps you could check out this neigborhood with Ffethpaar It is also near the Swordhold District Ffeth. I think that knowing the factions could be good Karrin, but I am sure all of your faces are well-remembered in the neighborhood. There is no way we are going to be able to penetrate Goblin politics."

Renkar looks at Karrin and Eir

"I have been wondering if you two would mind spending a little time with Hanali today. I would like to cultivate some of the higher levels of Sigilian society, and I would like you two to become acquianted with them."

He looks over at Hanali

"I assume this is possible?"

Hanali smiles

"Of course. There are several events today we could patronize. I would need some money to outfit the two of them in some proper clothes."


neuter Robbit (variant halfling with reptilian appearence) Rogue2 / Wizard (transmuter) 1
Renkar wrote:
Perhaps you could check out this neigborhood with Ffethpaar. It is also near the Swordhold District Ffeth.

"Sounds good." -greep- "I'll check out some funds from petty cash for emergencies. Then we can run Ffethpar's errand before heading to see what we can learn."

-GREEP-

"Do we want to plan some magical backup as well?" -greep- "As I said, I won't be able to pull that casting off again."

-GReep-

Not that I want to encourage looting bars, but what did we acquire from the gobbos that we can use against them other than K's axe? Maybe spend some loot on scrolls?


female Tiefling 8th level Duskblade
Dungeon Monkey wrote:


Hanali smiles

"Of course. There are several events today we could patronize. I would need some money to outfit the two of them in some proper clothes."

"What do you mean proper cloths? I am wearing proper cloths. There's nothing wrong with my pants or shirt, I mean they don't have any extra holes in them or anything, and they are almost perfectly clean . . ."

Karrin stops and her eyes go wide as she makes a sudden realization, "wait," she says, "you're talking about dresses aren't you. I had a dress when I was little and I hated them. I can't sit how I'd like, they flop over you when your hanging upside down, and you have to hall them up around your waste when you're running. They're also hard to fight it because you could trip over them . . . there's absolutely, positively, no way I'm going to wear a dress . . . and there's nothing you can say to make me change my mind!"


Bribes always welcome
Greep wrote:


Not that I want to encourage looting bars, but what did we acquire from the gobbos that we can use against them other than K's axe? Maybe spend some loot on scrolls?

LOL I was wondering when you guys would get around to the loot. As it turns out, the two that aren't here scooped up all the loot! And Swift dropped her stuff at a security deposit firm.


F Aasimar Rog/Mnk 2/2
Karrin Kind wrote:
... there's absolutely, positively, no way I'm going to wear a dress . . . and there's nothing you can say to make me change my mind!"

Hanali grins at Karrin

"I think you would be darling in a nice dress Karrin dear. But there is no rule saying you can't wear some well-made pants. As for fighting, I should hope we won't be doing any of that where we are going! Noresh will be our steel on this journey, we will practice being ladies of high estate. Ladies of high estate rarely wield their own weapons, or often feign that they don't! I concentrate on unarmed combat because it is much easier to take your arms and legs along to soirees. "

Hanali looks over Karrin critically.

"I think perhaps some Tyrannian-style silk dervish pants and a brocade bustier would leave you free enough Karrin. A little attention to your hair and face will do wonders as well. If you want to keep your axe handy I can have Noresh strap it to his back, or perhaps another of Father's retainers can come with us as a weapon porter."

Hanali looks to Eir

"I'm sure a cosmopolitan woman like yourself can assist me in this endeavor Eir?"


"Certainly."


F Aasimar Rog/Mnk 2/2

"I'm sure Renkar can find enough gold in his purse for a nice outfit for you as well." Hanali says with a smile. Eir can see Renkar grimace.

"There are some absolutely divine tailors and seamstresses down Needle Court off Copperman Way that work wonders and don't charge all that much. I'm sure Renkar, while a dear, wouldn't want us shopping at the shops along Brocade Row in the Market Ward."

At the mention of this place Renkar lets out a small choking sound. Hanali smiles smugly and looks at Karrin.

"What do you think Karrin? An adventure that won't involve blood or spilled organs, yet might be just as fun!"


Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk/2, Cleric/1
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

Renkar nods thoughfully

"I think your idea is a good one Greep. Perhaps you could check out this neigborhood with Ffethpaar It is also near the Swordhold District Ffeth. I think that knowing the factions could be good Karrin, but I am sure all of your faces are well-remembered in the neighborhood. There is no way we are going to be able to penetrate Goblin politics."

"Friend Greep, I will gladly accompany you to the saurian district to see what there may be to see there if you will let me carry out my errand on the way."

Taldor

Male hu-man Paladin
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Greep wrote:


Not that I want to encourage looting bars, but what did we acquire from the gobbos that we can use against them other than K's axe? Maybe spend some loot on scrolls?

LOL I was wondering when you guys would get around to the loot. As it turns out, the two that aren't here scooped up all the loot! And Swift dropped her stuff at a security deposit firm.

actually Karrin has a bag of coins and a suit of magical plate mail in her room :) She's not overly interested in money so she's likely forgotten about it.


Bribes always welcome
Guy Humual wrote:


actually Karrin has a bag of coins and a suit of magical plate mail in her room :) She's not overly interested in money so she's likely forgotten about it.

Oops, I stand corrected. Mea Culpa


female Tiefling 8th level Duskblade
Hanali Hal'Oight wrote:

"I'm sure Renkar can find enough gold in his purse for a nice outfit for you as well." Hanali says with a smile. Eir can see Renkar grimace.

"There are some absolutely divine tailors and seamstresses down Needle Court off Copperman Way that work wonders and don't charge all that much. I'm sure Renkar, while a dear, wouldn't want us shopping at the shops along Brocade Row in the Market Ward."

At the mention of this place Renkar lets out a small choking sound. Hanali smiles smugly and looks at Karrin.

"What do you think Karrin? An adventure that won't involve blood or spilled organs, yet might be just as fun!"

"Um, ok," Karrin says looking to the others, "but what about my mitt," she says holding up her massive spiked gauntlet, "I use it for punching stuff if it gets to close.

"Also I don't want to wear anything that'll make me look like I have loose virtues or something. I'm a good girl and I don't want anyone getting the wrong impression of me. 'People will see the horns and always think the wrong things about you.' my father always used to say, so I'm not going to wear anything that'll make me look . . . um, how do they put it? Easy?"


F Aasimar Rog/Mnk 2/2

Hanali laughs, a pleasant liquid trill.

"I will make sure you are the essence of decorum my young friend."

Hanali looks at the somewhat crusty and musty gauntlet Karrin wears.

"We might have to leave Ser Mitt behind on this journey though. I CAN give you this to compensate."

Hanali reaches into her clothing pile and brings forth a small slender dagger with a jeweled pommel.

"This can be worn in your hair as a style element, but used if things go awry. But once again, where we are going blood rarely flows."


female Tiefling 8th level Duskblade
Hanali Hal'Oight wrote:

Hanali laughs, a pleasant liquid trill.

"I will make sure you are the essence of decorum my young friend."

Hanali looks at the somewhat crusty and musty gauntlet Karrin wears.

"We might have to leave Ser Mitt behind on this journey though. I CAN give you this to compensate."

Hanali reaches into her clothing pile and brings forth a small slender dagger with a jeweled pommel.

"This can be worn in your hair as a style element, but used if thigs go awry. But once again, where we are going blood rarely flows."

"Ok," Karrin says with a enigmatic look, "I do like it when there's no fighting."


Bribes always welcome

Hanali claps her hands together in girlish delight.

"Excellent! Then as soon as I finish my Before Peak exercises we can head to the Great Gymnasium and then Needle Court!"

Hanali goes back to kicking the bag she was pummeling before.

I'll get some more written tomorrow, I am beat.

Taldor

Male hu-man Paladin
Dungeon Monkey wrote:


I'll get some more written tomorrow, I am beat.

NP, I'm feverishly trying to polish off a Lidu Journal entry before midnight . . . and I don't think I'm going to make it. :(


female Tiefling 8th level Duskblade

Karrin offers a weak smile in return. She can't help but feel like a child's new plaything, or a young lad that's been roped into a 'game' of dress-up. Still the woman has celestial blood in her, and she was likely the sort her father would want Karrin to listen too, but Karrin, who'd spent her entire childhood surrounded by men (and monks at that), wasn't interested or at all excited by fancy cloths or even shopping . . . well not shopping for fancy cloths anyways.


F Aasimar Rog/Mnk 2/2

After an invigorating workout, Hanali towels herself off and dresses. She sticks her hand out to Renkar, and he hands her a large coinpurse. She looks at Karrin and Eir, who had been observing her interesting unarmed combat style.

"Are you both ready?"


"Born."


Bribes always welcome

Renkar gives Ffethpaar and Greep a few coins as well 100 GP in platinum Merts and sends them on their way to the neighborhood of Sliss.

The Before Peak crowds are thick as the two make their way towards the Lower Ward once again. The Cage Fog is thick today, making the outlines of the buildings fuzzy and indistinct. Odd creatures loom out of the cottony grey mist, the duo even see what looks to be some sort of purple spider/octopus being walking/crawling down Copperman Way.

Ffethpaar and Greep stop at Clarion Copperman's shop on the way. The smith has completed his drinking mug, and as always it is an excellent example of smithcraft. Stowing the mug securely, the two roll on.

The Great Bazaar is alive with the hum of trade, as usual. Merchants hawk their wares loudly, trying to out-yell their competitors. Shoppers of a hundred sentient races wander the narrow stall-lined streets.

"Dogs for sale! Fresh from the Prime, cage raised and succulent!"

"Turnips, carrots and peas! Turnips carrots and peas!"

"Rare and unique jewelry from across the multiverse! Amethyst, Zircon and Olivine! Come browse my wares nobles, see the quality craftsmanship!"

"Swords and daggers! Steel, mithral, adamant and more! Swords and daggers!"

The two wander on. They head into the Lady's Ward. The Noble's District is impressive as always, the crowds of servants from the High Houses scurrying to and fro on various errands for their masters. The Court District is crowded at this hour as petitioners prepare to plead their case before the Guvners. Harmonium peacekeepers are thick on the streets, but they leave the two travellers alone.

The two transition into the Temple District, another area abuzz with activity in this Before Peak hour. Priests, acolytes and prosletyzers crowd the streets along with vendors, jinkskirts and knights of the post; each group trying to get their own tithing off the crowd.

Cutting Spikeward, the two head into the Entropy's Gem District. As soon as they enter the area, they can see the condition of the streets and the buildings decrease markedly. Grafitti and vandalism pock almost every surface. Sullen knots of well-armed youngsters congregate at almost every corner. A few make disparaging comments at the two, but no one feels like starting anything serious. The hulking headquarters of the Doomguard, the Armory, squats on the skyline like a malevolent monster.

The New Market greets their eyes as they exit the Sinker's area. Wary of the previous experiences they had had here, they try to stay to the shadows as they move through the hectic marketplace. They see no goblins in evidence.

They finally arrive at the Central District. This area is shabby, but well kept, with working-class kips and small neigborhood shops. Crowds of children in patched clothes run, hop and slither along the cobbled streets. Stopping to ask directions, the two find the proper path to Sliss.

Sliss is a familiar-looking place to Ffethpaar. The buildings in the area reflect Lizardman esthetics and proportions. The crowds are also a sight more scaly than your average neighborhood in Sigil. The two see a tavern nearby, the Estuary's Mouth. The homey smell of Cattail and Waterbug soup issues from the open door.


Bribes always welcome

The three women prepare for their journey to the Great Gymnasium. Upon exiting the office, Hanali calls Noresh from his watchful vantage point in a nearby alleyway.

"Noresh be a dear and go to Lord Spiral's manse and get us two more guardians ... perhaps Ukko and Ferzal if they are available. Oh and get us a palaquin for three before you go. You can meet us in the Great Gymnasium Plaza in a few hours."

Noresh touches knuckle to forehead and runs to Copperman Way.

After the three get to the top of the street, Noresh has engaged a large palaquin with four beings carrying it made out of what looks like aggregate rocks. A small obsidian-colored mephit sits at the front in a small chair.

"Ladiesss ..." the mephit rasps "your palaquin awaits."

After a bit of haggling Hanali settles on a price and the three embark. The palaquin rises with a lurch and they sway down the road towards the Great Gymnasium.

Looking out from the curtains, Karrin and Eir can see the crowds of vehicles and strange pedestrians crowding the streets. Demons, Angels and beings that defy description all hurry along on their missions, oblivious to each other.

Before they know it, they have arrived at the Great Gymnasium. The crowds here are fit and healthy-looking, conforming to the "one mind one body" principal the Ciphers believe in. They are impulsive, but they do love their somas.

Hanali approaches the Great Gymnasium's gate guardians like she had two Peaks ago with Eir, and with a muttered word and a passed coin they are inside.

The Great Gynasium is a wonder to Karrin. Beautiful folks dressed in loose linen robes, or silken garments lounge and idly chatter with each other along its marble-clad atriums. Some of the folks even prance around naked, which shocks the prudish Karrin quite a bit.

Hanali leads them to the heated pool area where they enter the locker area. Eir and Hanali start disrobing and putting their clothing and gear in a locker.

Karrin I don't know if you are going to go along with getting naked and going for a dip in the pool, so I'll stop here for your input.


M Human Porno actor 18

Yes Karrin?


female Tiefling 8th level Duskblade

Karrin is actually not a prude. By any stretch of the imagination. What she is, is a lady that's highly concerned with appearances and not doing anything that could be considered immoral. Because she's lived in a monastery, and because her adopted family were very pious individuals, Karrin grew up assuming that a immoral person was something akin to a devil and very rare. If everyone is doing something, and it seems perfectly normal, and there isn't any exact words against it in the scriptures, then in Karrin's mind it's perfectly normal.

Seeing as everyone else is doing it Karrin, somewhat reluctantly at first, begins shedding her cloths as well.

"What are we doing?" Karrin asks.


F Aasimar Rog/Mnk 2/2

No worries, I just didn't want to assume that Karrin would be OK with public nudity. I take back the 'prudish' comment, that was the DM assuming emotion on your PC, VERY bad form :)

Hanali slams the locker door and places a large lock on it. She looks over at Karrin.

"I figured we could start with a refreshing bath here at the heated Celestia pool. The bath water is portaled directly from The Silver Heaven's ocean. The waters are soothing and cleansing, and has a wonderful effect on wrinkles!"

Hanali ponders a bit

"After we have a good soak, perhaps some hair and makeup styling and a soothing massage. Eir can attest this is a wonderful experience."

Hanali looks at Karrin

"Sound like a good start?"


neuter Robbit (variant halfling with reptilian appearence) Rogue2 / Wizard (transmuter) 1
D. Monkey wrote:
Renkar gives Ffethpaar and Greep a few coins as well 100 GP in platinum Merts and sends them on their way to the neighborhood of Sliss.

Did we need to do Ffeth.'s errand first?


Female Tibbit Rogue 3
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
You want to take a walk to the Forest District Swift? You are an entire evening behind the rest at this point

I totally missed this! Wow I'm lame!

Swift wanders through the city after her meeting with Mystery and Edwin, just happening to meander in the direction of the Forest District, completely by chance of course. She wouldn't dream of chasing any man, no matter how fine he may be.


female Tiefling 8th level Duskblade
Hanali Hal'Oight wrote:

No worries, I just didn't want to assume that Karrin would be OK with public nudity. I take back the 'prudish' comment, that was the DM assuming emotion on your PC, VERY bad form :)

Hanali slams the locker door and places a large lock on it. She looks over at Karrin.

"I figured we could start with a refreshing bath here at the heated Celestia pool. The bath water is portaled directly from The Silver Heaven's ocean. The waters are soothing and cleansing, and has a wonderful effect on wrinkles!"

Hanali ponders a bit

"After we have a good soak, perhaps some hair and makeup styling and a soothing massage. Eir can attest this is a wonderful experience."

Hanali looks at Karrin

"Sound like a good start?"

Oh hey, no problem, if you can get a feel for the character that's a good thing. It means that she's likable and easy to understand. That's the type of character I love to DM for because the story seems to write itself. Karrin might seem like a prude, mainly because that's what she's been taught, but not because that's her nature. I suppose the argument could be made that most people are like that . . . but Karrin is very much a free and chaotic spirit and doing what comes naturally is in her blood. Her prudishness comes from years of her father preaching.

To put it another way: suppose Karrin accidentally stepped into the male baths and she came face to face with Adonis (out of Greek mythology) . . . Karrin would shout "Oh no!" and cover her face. And although she would act mortified and embarrassed, she would certainly be peaking through her fingers . . .

"A bath? What is a bath exactly?" Karrin asks with genuine confusion on her face, "I mean we used to have a bird bath at the temple. It's like washing up or something right? Sometimes the brothers would meditate under water falls and stuff but it was a religious thing so I wasn't allowed to go or watch. It was no big deal though, I saw them one time cuz I was curious. That water was really cold. I always wash my hands and face every day though, my feet and other smelly bits once a week, and everything else at least once a year . . . if I need it or not."

Karrin isn't exactly filthy, but as the horrible revelation sinks in, Hanali and Eir can't help but notice (how shall I put this delicately?) that Karrin's naked skin is ever so slightly darker then the parts that are exposed to the weather. Perhaps a general scrubbing might be in order before Karrin crawls into any communal tub!


Bribes always welcome
Greep wrote:
D. Monkey wrote:
Renkar gives Ffethpaar and Greep a few coins as well 100 GP in platinum Merts and sends them on their way to the neighborhood of Sliss.
Did we need to do Ffeth.'s errand first?

You can do either, they aren't time sensitive. I just wrote you were headed for the Central District. The Swordhold District is adjacent to it Downwards.


F Aasimar Rog/Mnk 2/2

Hanali stares at the grime-caked form of Karrin.

"Perhaps we should start with a trip to the Maelstrom. Follow me ladies."

Hanali procures three cloth robes for them from the attendant and makes sure the lockers are secure. She leads Eir and Karrin down a hallway that opens into several different bathing areas. She walks into one where the waters churn with activity. It looks as if there is a subterranian hot spot under the pool's water, and the heat and humidity of the place hit the three like a wet slap.

Hanali wanders over to an attendant and procures a large cake of soap and several long, corncob-looking items. She disrobes and enters the baths, beckoning the two others to follow.

"This water is very good for cleansing dirt Karrin, I think you will like it." Hanali says.

When Karrin gets in the hot churning water Hanali soaps up the large pale yellow corncob with the pinkish soap and begins to scrub the dirtier bits of the young Tiefling.

"Eir would you like to lend a hand?" She asks, holding out another scrubber.


Bribes always welcome
Swift. wrote:


I totally missed this! Wow I'm lame!

Swift wanders through the city after her meeting with Mystery and Edwin, just happening to meander in the direction of the Forest District, completely by chance of course. She wouldn't dream of chasing any man, no matter how fine he may be.

No worries Swift, we are all over the map right now anyway. Let me try to get you set up.

After taking her leave of her wizard friend and her cousin Mystery, Swift wanders down Copperman Way absorbing the Before Antipeak sights and sounds. There is so much interesting to see, she almost can't walk from all the distractions.

Entering the Great Bazaar, Swift wanders the many stalls of the Night Market. The items for sale are less salubrious, and Swift isn't as tempted to linger as she would be in a brighter time of day. She is fascinated by a display of gems and jewelry presided over by a jackal-headed Arcanaloth, but her prices are far beyond anything that Swift could do, and she didn't like the way the Daemonic woman grinned with canine fangs and offered "a payment plan" for a twinking Opal pendant chased in gold and moonstones that had caught Swift's attention.

The Forest District lies on the other side of the Great Bazaar in the dwindling Guildhall Ward. It gets its nickname from the many sylvan races that congregate there. Elves, animal folk, fey, and many others who are distressed by a purely urban environment have constructed an area that at least gives the illusion of wilderness to their eyes.

Swift enters the Forest District, admiring the many trees and shrubbery planted with care to disguise the buildings. Unlike the Noble District, the vegetation isn't a regemented design, rather it is planted to simulate a forest's chaotic look. The colors of the buildings tend to pastel greens, blues and reds, and the architecture evokes bucolic scenes, with gentle curves and thatched roofs.

A riot of Elves, Halflings, animal folk of several different stripes wander about. Swift sees the inn that Skrint often patronizes while in Sigil, the Red Stag . She decides that she is a bit peckish, perhaps a bite of supper and a quick mug of the innkeep's wonderful Amber Stout would go down nice.

Swift enters the establishment, and her eyes light upon Skrint at a far table, his companion Swiftfang curled underneath in catlike repose. Skrint looks good, as always, his dark features and feline grace evident even when sitting still.

Swift approaches Damian Alemaester, the owner of the Red Stag , who she has met on many occasions. She doesn't affect to notice Skrint, after all, why add to his ego?

"Hello Swift! Good to see you! How are you?" Damian asks.


Hanali Hal'Oight wrote:


"Eir would you like to lend a hand?" She asks, holding out another scrubber.

"Why sure"

Eir scrubs Hanali's back sensuously. A 70s guitar riff picks up softly in the background.

<Camera close up on the dimples above Eir's buttocks.>

And so on.


Female Tibbit Rogue 3

"I'm doing well thankyou" Swift purrs as she straightens her hair a little. "I was just passing by on a stroll and realised I haven't eaten ina while and it's been longer still since I've had any of that wonderful Amber Stout of yours" She compliments with a feline smile.

"How have you been?" She asks, resisting the lure to look over in Skrint's direction, damn his gorgeousness.


Bribes always welcome
Eir Haakonen wrote:
... And so on.

What an interesting post to wake up to!

After a good scrubbing, the grime on Karrin's skin is mostly stripped away, leaving nothing but a healthy glow of pink. Hanali gives her one more check, then they emerge from the Maelstorm Pool, put their robes on and head back to the Celestia Pool.

The three join the crowds of folks enjoying the silvery-blue waters. The water makes the skin tingle, almost like taking a bath in carbonated water.

After a good soak, Hanali leads the others to the barber's area, where Karrin's unruly mane gets a professional working over. manicurists and pedicurists arrive, along with an attendant who delicately shaves Karrin's horns back with a specialized tool.

After several hours of pampering, they return to their clothes and dress. Hanali looks over the transformed Karrin.

"Well, there is quite a lovely girl under that tough exterior! Now I believe it is time to dress that exterior in some nice clothes."

You both can take a +2 to any CHA-based skill check until the next day.


Bribes always welcome

Damian smiles, and goes to pour a pint for Swift.

"I'll be more than happy to make you whatever yeh fancy for dinner Swift."

Damian smiles wider.

"Yeh might not have noticed in yer hurry to get a drop of me stout, but Skrint's in the corner over there. I know you two are good friends."


Female Tibbit Rogue 3

"What do you have in the way of fish dishes?" Swift enquires with a broad grin before taking a sip of her pint. "Really? I hadn't noticed. I haven't seen him in so long I stopped looking" She remarks with a small shrug, still resisting that lure to turn around.


Bribes always welcome

Damian chuckles

"Well Miss Swift we have some nice golden haddock I could bake you up, or some fried calamari, or some of my fish chowder. I just made a batch this Peak."

Damian wipes his hands on his apron, his cheerful red-cheeked face creased with his permanent smile.

"I can have Horb run down to the market if yeh've got a taste for anything else. by way of specific fish."


Female Tibbit Rogue 3

"Have I told you lately that you're a star?" Swift declares happily, adoring the wonderful service. "The haddock sounds wonderful, thankyou" She decides aloud before tking a sip of her drink and having a brief glance around the room, feline curiousity as to what the people around her are doing taking over.


Bribes always welcome

Damian smiles and winks

"I'll get yer fish in a jig Swift."

Chuckling at his homey play on words, he bustles off to the kithen, bellowing for his cook, Horb.

Swift takes a look around the common room. As she would expect, the tables are laden with sylvan-type folks. Wood elves sip pale-colored wines and pick at large bright-colored salads. A trio of gnomes play Watch Me at a far table. A group of small humanoid monkey/racoons share a roast beetle larger than Swift's head. The small creatures weild delicate forks and cracking devices to free the creamy beetle flesh from its dark carapace. A striking elven-looking female with gorgeous red hair sits sipping what looks to be a large glass of water at the bar, her dress made entirely of green tree leaves.

Swift sees Skrint again, and the ranger has now seen her. He waves, smiling, and motions for her to join him.


Female Tibbit Rogue 3

Swift looks thoughtful for a moment, she has better things to do than socialise afterall. It would be rude not to respond though and a little grudgingly she picks up her drink and makes her way over to Skrint, settling opposite him with a faint smile.

Feline:

Spoiler:
::Long time no see Skrint::


Bribes always welcome

Skrint grins, his face lighting up with the smile. He stands up and greets Swift with the feline nose touch.

Feline:

Spoiler:
::Indeed Swift, it has been a while since the trails of Fate have led me to this grey city. How have you been? I had been meaning to visit you, but I have been busy since I arrived::

Swiftfang yawns, showing some sharp mouth cutlery.

Feline:

Spoiler:
::greetings little kitten. You have matured a bit since last I saw you. Are you well?::


Female Tibbit Rogue 3

Swift gives a small purr, unable to stop herself melting a little inside at Skrint's words andfeeling his face so close to her own.

Feline:

Spoiler:
::Visiting me may have been a little difficult even if you had found the time, I have been quite busy myself. I have found new people and new work. I'm still unsure if it suits me but is something to do that keeps me busy and fed::

As she hears Swiftfang a bright grin comes to the young tibbit's face.

Feline:

Spoiler:
::And you seem even stronger than last I saw you. I'm quite well, how are you?::


neuter Robbit (variant halfling with reptilian appearence) Rogue2 / Wizard (transmuter) 1

D. Monkey wrote:
You can do either, they aren't time sensitive. I just wrote you were headed for the Central District. The Swordhold District is adjacent to it Downwards.

"Lead on friend Ffethpaar." -greep- "Your task comes first."


Bribes always welcome

Skrint motions for Swift to be seated. Swiftfang shifts to allow her room for her feet.

Feline:

Spoiler:

::So you are no longer 'Eclipse?' What happened, did that old wizard take a walk on the Wheel or something? You got a new job? That's great! I am looking for one now as well::

Swiftfang purrs low in his belly.

Feline:

Spoiler:
I am well. We hunt poachers in the Beastlands. We kill the weak animals to improve the herd and feast on their bodies. We sit by the waterhole and drowse. Life is good, except when Skrint gets a hankering to visit the monkey lands::

Swiftfang sneezes, a vaugely threatening sound. The monkey/racoon men look up nervously from their beetle feast.

Feline:

Spoiler:

::I don't know how you live here, young kitten. It always smells of monkey feces and despair::

Skrint laughs, a purry growly sort of sound.

Feline:

Spoiler:

::Hush you old complainer. You never say no when I buy you catnip cultivated by the monkeys. Sometimes the wilderness pales, and I get the urge to visit other haunts and visit old friends::

Skrint smiles at Swift with this last quip.


female Tiefling 8th level Duskblade
Eir Haakonen wrote:


"Why sure"

Eir scrubs Hanali's back sensuously. A 70s guitar riff picks up softly in the background.

<Camera close up on the dimples above Eir's buttocks.>

And so on.

"Wait, where's that music coming from? Do you guys hear that?"

The gnomish bard shrugs, "The boss says anytime attractive women was each other I'm supposed to play this . . . not sure why, but that's what management wants."

Dungeon Monkey wrote:

After a good soak, Hanali leads the others to the barber's area, where Karrin's unruly mane gets a professional working over. manicurists and pedicurists arrive, along with an attendant who delicately shaves Karrin's horns back with a specialized tool.

I hope those ladies are carful because Karrin's horns are capped with silver!

Dungeon Monkey wrote:

After several hours of pampering, they return to their clothes and dress. Hanali looks over the transformed Karrin.[/i]

"Well, there is quite a lovely girl under that tough exterior! Now I believe it is time to dress that exterior in some nice clothes."

"My skin is all tingly," Karrin says, "and my hair is all shiny."


Female Tibbit Rogue 3

Feline:

Spoiler:
::Edwin is still alive and perfectly well, but whilst tryng to unravel the mysteries of a magic item he saw what I truly am and took offence. He cast me out of his home for not being forthcoming enough. We've since resolved our issues though and we're good friends.

I'm now being 'Blacky' and fed by a woman named Karrin, which was going great until both she and my humanoid form ended up working together for the Silver Rose, lots of running in circles so she gets to see both Swift and Blacky. I know I should be honest but this is a new job and I don't want to lose it just yet::

With a sigh Swift lifts her glass to her lips once more and drinks deeply from it before continuing.

Feline:

Spoiler:
::I often envy your life Swiftfang, but I am not a child of the wilderness. It does sometimes call to me but I have always lived amongst the monkeys and they can be most useful sometimes, and the catnip is good!::

She gives a bright grin and a laugh in Swiftfang's direction before looking into Skrint's eyes once more.

Feline:

Spoiler:
::If you really need work I could ask around for you, the Rose, or Edwin might have something.. ::


F Aasimar Rog/Mnk 2/2
Karrin Kind wrote:


I hope those ladies are carful because Karrin's horns are capped with silver!

I remembered, I just figured they could be removed, since what would you do as the horns grew back? Nice bit with the gnomish bard too, K floored me with that post at the crack of dawn today LOL

Hanali looks over Karrin

"Indeed Karrin! You are the very picture of shining youth! Now we need to head out and find you some suitable clothes to dress your tingly skin with."

As the three exit the Great Gymnasium, they spy a trio of men-at-arms lounging at a coffee vendor's cart. Noresh is one. They all wear tabards with a sword flanked by white wings, which must be Hanali's father heraldic mark.

The three trot up when they spy Hanali, and she addresses Noresh.

"Excellent job Noresh. Get us a palanquin, we are off to Needle Court off Copperman Way."

Noresh touches knuckle to forehead and trots off, his two fellow men flanking the women unobtrusively.

Noresh returns with a palanquin lifted by blue-skinned folks seven feet tall. The lead porter settlesa price, and the three enter within a blue silken interior.

The trip is quick, as the palaquin moves fast through the Great Bazaar and moves on to Needle Court. The three women are put down in front of a nice-looking shop with a sign proclaiming it as:

Jessamyn's Tailoring: Dresses crafted to order. Formal wear a specialty.

Hanali pays the porter and the palaquin lurches away. The three men-at-arms take up positions in nearby alleyways. Hanali looks up at Jessamyn's shop and nods to herself.

"This looks promising, shall we?"

WOOT! 1500 POSTS!

1,451 to 1,500 of 11,969 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.