Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company

Game Master Patrick Curtin

This campaign is my attempt to play a canonical Planescape campaign using the updated Pathfinder ruleset. The game actually predates the release of Pathfinder, but we have managed to update as we have needed.


101 to 150 of 12,242 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Qadira

DO NOT STICK FINGERS IN CAGE
Ffethpaar wrote:

I feel I am underposting - for which my apologies. I have to work all day and don't always get a lot of time to post. But I will always try to post at least once a day.

Not a worry Thrugnipp. I was on vacation this previous week, and I am an aspiring writer and former newspaper editor, which accounts for my verbose postings. Post whatever you like, I will accomidate you in whatever fashion you feel comfortable with.


Niel: My hope is that I have not truly offended you by Renkar's thoughts. Class and racial biases are a subtheme in Sigil, and these tensions will occasionally evident themselves. Renkar thinks of himself as worldly, but the client he is cultivating is not. That was his (and my) only motivation for choosing Eir

Quint exclaims over the berries and cream.

"A ... wonderful ... gift ... friend ... Greep ... thank ... you"

Quint's bodies surround Greep and settle on the cushions after handing him a mug of mushroom ale.

"Do ... not ... let ... others ... thoughts ... of ... you ... cause ... you ... to ... doubt ... yourself. You ... are ... a wonderful ... being ... and ... a ... good ... friend. Your ... courage ... and ... loyalty ... will ... shine ... forth ... no ... matter ... what ... your ... skin ... is."

One of Quint's bodies walks over to a rickety table and picks up a silver flask. Quint hands it to Greep.

"I ... wanted ... to ... give ... you ... this ... on ... the ... eve ... of ... your ... first ... employment. A ... friend ... made ... it ... for ... me. It ... is ... a... potion ... of ... healing."

A standard potion of Healing

"May ... you ... never ... have ... to ... use ...it."

Quint's five faces break into smiles.


Swift wrote:
Heading out into Sigil the young tibbit finds herself a decent hiding place before assuming her catform and running off in the direction of the Hive.

There are many dark corners in the recesses of Copper Court. Swift finds a truly quiet one and changes into her Blacky form. She uses her feline agility to run down many crooked alleyways along the back of stores and residences.

Blacky's feline senses pick out many vermin as she darts towards the Hive. The scavengers of half-a-dozen planes hiss and gibber as she approaches, but none look willing to pick a fight in broad Peaklight. A cranium rat swarm stares out at her, the dozen pairs of eyes glittering up from a sewer grate below her paws. A random thought enters her head, making her feel like she stepped in something slimy ...

"Arrgh .. cat ... cat ... nassty ."

Something from the rats? Blacky shrugs it off with her usual feline aplomb.

The Guildhall Ward fades into the clean-scrubbed neighborhoods of the Clerk's Ward. The streets are fairly empty here, and the alleyways are a lot fresher and less interesting than the Guildhall Ward. A patrol of red-armored Harmonium troopers sweep along the near-deserted street, staring hard at anyone loitering.

As the day in Sigil reaches it's Peak brightness, Blacky arrives at Crookbrick Court, the neighborhood where Emelia and her strange ward the Sage keep kip. Crookbrick Court lies close to the Hive on the Clerk Ward side of the Sandstone District, and although not a part of it, the houses here are the least orderly and clean of any in the Clerk's Ward. Blacky spies the tenement that her friend dwells in and pads down to investigate.

The red-stone building looks deserted. The fog has burned off for the most part, just leaving a dampness to the air. Blacky runs around the side alleyway and manages to find a way through the dense razorvine without much effort. The old building has a small rear courtyard, and there Blacky sees the frail form of Emelia, bent over a scrubbing tub and washboard. Laundry is strung on several lines around the courtyard. Blacky can see that Emelia looks wan and tired. She meows for attention and Emelia looks up, her care-worn face lighting up in a radiant smile.

"Bunnykins!"

Emelia drops her wash and runs to Blacky/Bunnykins, scooping her up and hugging her


Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk/2, Cleric/1

Ffethparr goes into the Sharpened Sword and greets Clarion.

"I have come for my claws. You intimated that they would be ready today. I have the remaning 50 gold."

Looking around at the other items in the shop...

"Also, would you have a mug that would suit one of my kind? I feel most undignified having to pour drinks into my mouth like a common drunk. But that is how I must drink with the mugs supplied."


F Aasimar Rog/Mnk 2/2

Hanali smiles at Eir's puns

"Well if we are to salt any salary away this will be the start. Lets go check out the case."

Hanali leads the way into the shop. Noresh the silent man-at-arms does a fade into the alleyway to the side of the shop. Eir can see a few others like him leaning up against the alley's wall.

Being near the Lady's Ward I know I said Clerk's Ward in previous post but I got mixed up the shop is packed with servants in various ornate uniforms perusing the wares. This group is liberally mixed with several well-to-do Cagers, a few chefs and a disdainfull-looking Githyanki female. Several salesbeings work the floor, showing various salt crytals to clients. A glass case holds salt shakers of many and varied make, some looking quite pricey. Eir's eye falls upon a solid gold number shaped like a temple as a woman approaches the two.

"Can I help you ladies?" The woman asks with the practiced warmth of a salesbeing

"Hanali Hal'Oight and Eir Haakonen to see Lucius Sar'Ormand. We have an appointment." Hanali replies to her, her earlier Cager accent fading into a more polished dialect.

"Oh yes. He was expecting you. Right this way please."

The woman leads you down a corridor picked out in gilt wallpaper and leads you up a stairway towards a spacious office. She knocks lightly at the door frame and announces ...

"Ser Sar'Ormand your appointment is here."

The porcine man at the desk rises and gives a slight bow towards the two of you. He is dressed in an expensive tunic, hose and cloak ensemble vaguely remeniscent of Henry VIII gear with a diamond studded brooch at his cloak's clasp. He motions for you to be seated at the two leather chairs in front of his imposing desk.

"Hanali, can that be you? It has been so long! How is ...blah blah.."

The two engage in small talk about the merchant social scene for a few minutes. Eir can see as she waits that the office has quite a few nice pieces of gear lying about. This salt-slinger is loaded. Finally the small talk winds down and Lucius offers you both a glass of sherry.

"What I had asked Renkar to help me with was this problem we're having with someone undercutting our business. I was hoping that perhaps he could help me and the Saltiere Society out with this delicate matter."


FFtehpaar wrote:

Ffethparr goes into the Sharpened Sword and greets Clarion.

"I have come for my claws. You intimated that they would be ready today. I have the remaning 50 gold."

Looking around at the other items in the shop...

"Also, would you have a mug that would suit one of my kind? I feel most undignified having to pour drinks into my mouth like a common drunk. But that is how I must drink with the mugs supplied."

Clarion looks up from his work.

"Aye Ffethpaar, I have yer claws right here."

Clarion walks over to a table strewn with various smithed pieces and pulls out the claws. They are done lovingly, with a true smith's craftsmanship. Clarion enjoyed making them, so they are slightly better than normal. Take a +1 to hit when using them He hands them over to Ffethpaar, takes the proferred payment and then ponders the shaman's next request.

"My Grandda was a whiz at drinking cups. Let me see what kind of designs I can scrounge up in his old journals and I will put something together. Can I get a look at yer bonebox?"

Clarion reaches for his measuring string.


Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk/2, Cleric/1

Ffethpaar picks up the claws and looks at them appreciatlvely.

"These are finely made. You can be assured of my continued custom."

Seeing the work done for him so far, he allows his mouth to be measured and poked in the interests of greater drinking dignity.

Assuming any required deposit is reasonable, he leaves it with the smith

Going back to the Silver Rose, he walks into the exercise area. If there is anyone there..

"Among my tribe, sparring is a great social bond. Would anyone wish to spar with me?" He looks around for some cloth or something else to cover his claws. "Naturally we would not harm each other."


Sar'Ormand wrote:
"What I had asked Renkar to help me with was this problem we're having with someone undercutting our business. I was hoping that perhaps he could help me and the Saltiere Society out with this delicate matter."

Eir will listen attentively but remain silent until she is asked to give input.


Clarion attemps to get the measurements of Ffethpaar's mouth with the most dignity he can manage.

"I'll take this commision on for 5 gold down, 5 at finish. Should be a smooth job."

Clarion nods farewell to Ffethpaar, clapping him on the back as he leaves.

Ffethpaar walks back to the Silver Rose as the light outside brightens to Peak. When he arrives at the exercise area, he sees Renkar and Mercutio palying an odd game. Renkar is balanced on a board with a hemisperical bump atttached under it, making it extremely unstable. Mercutio flitters around him, tossing a wooden ball dexterously at him from different angles. Renkar attempts to catch the ball while remaining balanced on the odd-looking board.

Mercutio buzzes over to Ffethpaar as he enters.

In Draconic:

::New friend come! Play toss ball with Mercutio!::


F Aasimar Rog/Mnk 2/2

Hanali motions for Lucius to continue

"Ahem ... Well you see, the Saltiere Society has supplied Sigil with salt for generations now. It is an essential duty to our city as without salt, our provisions would rot away much quicker. Ample salt allows us to preserve food, making it easier to transport and store. My shop deals with specialty salts, but the warehouses on this street move tons of salt each year to the food warehouses of Sigil."

Lucius pauses to mop his balding pate.

"While we do charge a fair bit for our wares, it is not only the salt, it is because of where we get the bulk of our supply: The Plane of Salt. This Inner Plane is almost entirely pure salt. We have mined it for years, paying our laborers a good wage and good benefits should accidents happen. We have also negotiated expensive treaties with the inhabitants of the plane to allow us to continue mining unmolested. Despite the dangers of the plane, we have never found a better source for pure salt than our mines at Saltiere."

Lucius pauses to sip his sherry.

"Recently a new supply of salt has made its way into Sigil. It didn't come from our stocks, and no one has managed to spill the dark of how it is getting here. The sellers are docking our price by 50% and we are losing several of our best customers in the Meat District in the Great Bazaar. Without our expenses, these bandits can cut our business to the quick."

Lucius mops his brow again

"The only information we have been able to find out is that the prime movers are a clan of recently-arrived goblins named the Broken Claw. They have set up residence in the Goblin neighborhood of Crackskull Close in the Lower Ward. What I would like to see happen is finding out the dark of where they are getting their salt. Portals, locations, keys. If you could shut the operation down completely, I am sure the Society would be happy to double your normal fee."


Eir, thinking to herself. Ahhh, the true spirit of capitalism.

Qadira

DO NOT STICK FINGERS IN CAGE

Nothing like an upstart group horning in on the establishment's turf to provide adventuring opportunities!


As the others wend upon their myriad adventures, Karrin and Zigel decide to take the trip to Veria's Delights to see what they can buy for a disguise kit. They emerge from the Silver Rose, Karrin casting a quick worried glance to the Copper Cauldron. Zigel leads the way with his confident stride, Karrin follows, keeping up with an athletic grace of movement.

The two intrepid adventurers reach Copperman Way and see the Before Peak throng. A juggler whirls flaming torches above his head, trying to squeak a few coppers from the crowd. A group of bedraggled Xaositects slouch their way back towards the Hive with their multi-colored mohawks at half mast, their night of chaotic behavior evidently dampening their enthusiasm for wildness.

Vehicles of every description vy for space on the broad avenue. Karrin and Zigel wisely stay to the raised sidewalk, despite the crush of pedestrians. The occasional splash of water from the road threatens their ankles, and the ripe smell of ordure rises from the gutters.

Karrin and Zigel take their time and thread their way through the throng, which thins out as they exit Copperman Way south of the Great Bazaar. They head towards the Clerk's Ward, where the Civic Festhall is located, and with it, Veria's Delights.

The duo pass many interesting shops as they wander on, and many cart stalls of wares as well. The two split some fried ham and cheese pockets they buy from a friendly and clean-looking vendor as they stroll. Karrin is amazed by the immense Severed Head Weapons and Armor shop they pass, the displays of lethal cutlery completely mesmerizing her.

After a few hours of wandering, the two finally arrive at Veria's shop on the aptly named Hell Street. This street is definitely sinister in tone, with many shops advertising vices of a carnal and/or painful sort. The huge sprawling edifice of the Civic Festhall looms above the skyline, a steady stream of students, parvenus, sybarites and gawkers flocking to the Sensate's many diversions.

Veria's Delights is a modestly-sized shop, sporting silken sheer lingere in its window. A stylized lipstick kiss embosses the door. Veria and Zigel enter.

A bell jingles as they enter the shop. The walls are lined with accoutrements of many styles, focusing mostly on leather and lace. A collection of whips are displayed higher up on the walls, and several small cages are hung from the ceiling.

A rich seductive contrallo voice issues from the back of the store.

"Zig! Daaarling!"


Male Tiefling Invoker/3rd

brakeing out in a wide smile "Veria you seductive fiend you"he move to take the seductive devil up in a passionate embrace, after brakeing for air he sweeps his hand toward the wide eyed tifling behind them. "This cutter is karrin she needs a few things" seeing the look in veria's eyes he chuckles "be genteal now dont brake her"
he burst out in gut busting laughter at the look on the clueless tiflings face


Karrin watches in amazement as Veria descends upon Zigel. She is a pale-skinned, dark haired beauty of a fiend Think Dita Von Teese and you wouldn't be far off with an expanse of dark leathery wings. She jingles as she stalks up to Zigel; her wings are pierced in several places and strung with gold chains, which hold a collection of small golden bells. Veria is dressed in a tight wasp-waisted bustier with a short pleated skirt and high spike-heel boots. A very businesslike rapier dangles from her belt as does a large whip.

"It's been simply ages you handsome devil." Veria smirks at Zigel as he crushes her in a clinch. She gently extracts herself to look at Karrin.

"And I see you've brought a new friend along to play!"

Spot and listen rolls from the both of you puhleeze


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade

"Oooh," Karrin says as she scans the shelves and walls, "Eir would love this place."

Karrin almost jumps as Veria suddenly enters.

"Hello I'm Karrin," she says trying to stare at erinyes, "it's nice to meet you . . . I - we were looking for a disguise kit . . . and Zig . . . Zigel s-said that you might . . . but you're clearly busy and I don't want to be a bother."

Karrin begins edging towards the door.

It's now one roll called perception (1d20-1=17)

wow, Karrin coming face to face with a fallen angel must have somehow heightened Karrin's senses


Man I am still getting used to that whole Pathfinder skill recomboobulation...D'OH!
Karrin:

Spoiler:

Karrin notices that Veria's eyes narrow as she looks towards her, then open in a microsecond of shock. As soon as Karrin notices it, Veria's face reverts to its original smirky mien.

Veria addresses Karrin

"Oh don't be silly Karrin, I always have time for old and new friends."

Veria looks sly

"I think we are going to be great friends you and I"


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade
Spinner of Secrets wrote:

Man I am still getting used to that whole Pathfinder skill recomboobulation...D'OH!

Karrin:

** spoiler omitted **

Veria addresses Karrin

"Oh don't be silly Karrin, I always have time for old and new friends."

Veria looks sly

"I think we are going to be great friends you and I"

Spoiler:
I think I'd have ruled that a sense motive in 3.0/3.5 it's now a deception roll I guess. I think we're all in the same boat here, but I do like the idea of being part of the play testing process.

Karrin swallows hard.

"You know what?" Karrin says trying to weave her best lie, "I'm such a goof, I think I left my change purse on my other utility belt!"

Deception (1d20 8=25)

wow Karrin's rollin' good


Male Tiefling Invoker/3rd

man my roll sucks roll

" Bolix cutter i'm sure veria can fix ya right up and she can put ya down on my tab" he smiles again and winks at the studdering tifling "I'M sure your good for it cutter and veria doesnt bit to much lass"


kratos takes in the smells of verias places happily wagging his tails and wondering he she has the honey rolls he likes so well

kratos's roll


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade

"I guess I really am a clueless bert," Karrin says with a small forced laugh as she backs into the door, "well I guess I better go, I'll be back when I get some cash . . . later miss devi- er, Veria, I mean later miss Veria," Karrin looks like a deer in headlights, and she begins struggling with the door handle, never taking her eyes off of the devil, "I'll leave you to your sole stealing - no!" Karrin panics, "My mistake! I don't know where that came from! I'll leave you to your completely non nefarious deeds!"


Veria sweeps up to Karrin. The Erinyes subtly manages to get between Karrin and the door enough to block any easy exit.

"Zigel, where did you find her? She is ab-so-lute-ly PRECIOUS!"

Veria lays a hand with long red-laquered nails on Karrin's shoulder

If you want to contest this Guy, just let me know. Veria is being non-threatening at the moment, but I know Karrin is spooked. I am going to assume she is a bit shocked and will freeze up just a bit, I don't want Karrin's personal space violated without your say so. I'll retcon this if you want to escalate the encounter.

"Zig is right my dear, I wont bite ... unless asked."

Veria smirks at Karrin from close range, seemingly enjoying her discomfort. Karrin notices the smell of expensive perfume undershot with a faint note of sulphur. She looks Karrin up and down and notices her silver-capped horns.

"What have you done with your horns dear? I love the look of silver, I just can't pull it off."

Veria lays a finger along one of Karrin's silver horn caps. There's a small hissing sound and a smell of brimstone. Veria makes a small squeal of pain and pulls her smoking finger away and sticks it in her mouth with a pouty 'I've got a boo-boo' look.

Deciding that she has had enough fun for the moment, Veria turns and flounces to the back of the store, wing bells chiming merrily.

"Never fear about money, my new friend Karrin. What are friends for if they can't help one another?"

Veria starts putting wooden boxes on a counter.

"Now what exactly did you two cutters have in mind?"


F Aasimar Rog/Mnk 2/2

Hanali and Lucius get down to brass tacks. In the discussion of the fee, it seems that the breakdown will end up giving everyone involved 500 GP for the info found, plus a 500 GP bonus if the goblin's operations are shut down. Standard looting is left to the descision of the mercenaries on the scene.

Kruelaid, unless you wish to ask anything, or if anyone else wants Eir to mention anything (please ask it in discussion thread) this meeting will be adjourning soon.


Female "Normal Housecat" (honest!) Rogue 3

'Bunnykins' purrs gently in greeting as she nuzzles the girl. Curiousity starting to overwhelm her she lightly licks Emelia's hand in a comforting, caring manner. Normally a very selfish creature the feline somehow can't help but worry about the poor girl's wellbeing.

"Mew?" She ventures, her tone almost questioning, praying Emelia is in a mood to share her feelings.


"Excuse me Master Sar'Ormand, but would you mind if I request a little additional information?"

No doubt he will wish to know her request and it will not be uninvited.

"I would like to know who the merchants are who have capitalized on this new supply and where or from whom you get your information about this... competition. I assure you the strictest confidence and promise you that none of the merchants themselves will be bothered in any way. This information will be only used for the purpose of locating the goblins and our sanction will be kept pitch black."

She smiles amicably. If he gives her this information she'll say:

"Thank you kindly sir, and if there isn't any other information that might benefit the contracted mission I believe we can be on our way. If anything comes to mind please contact Master Sha'Hagmid."

Diplomacy: (1d20+9=24)

If he doesn't give her the additional information.

"You concern for secrecy is understandable. If there isn't any other information that you are able to disclose that might benefit the contracted mission and ensure its success then I believe we can be on our way. If anything comes to mind please contact Master Sha'Hagmid."


Male Tiefling Invoker/3rd
Karrin Kind wrote:
"I guess I really am a clueless bert," Karrin says with a small forced laugh as she backs into the door, "well I guess I better go, I'll be back when I get some cash . . . later miss devi- er, Veria, I mean later miss Veria," Karrin looks like a deer in headlights, and she begins struggling with the door handle, never taking her eyes off of the devil, "I'll leave you to your sole stealing - no!" Karrin panics, "My mistake! I don't know where that came from! I'll leave you to your completely non nefarious deeds!"

shaking his head and chuckling"karrin lass ya gonna lot to learn of the cage."sweeping his arm out wide "all this cutter is neutral

ground veria, not out to get ya lass"looking over at the seductive fiend "well not your soul anyhow ' he says with a chuckle"them leatherheaded notions dont work in the cage,now stop rattling ya bonebox and step over here and get what ya came looking for" looking over the counter to veria giving here a wink"Veria's a sensate first,a cager second and a devil a very distant third ,lass"


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade

"But," Karrin whispers, "it's always bad to deal with devils. I could loose my soul, and father always said that was very important, and so I don't want to loose that or else he'll be very cross at me," Karrin nervously looks over the store again, "and seeing as this is a store I think she probably does a lot of dealings . . ."


Male Tiefling Invoker/3rd
Karrin Kind wrote:
"But," Karrin whispers, "it's always bad to deal with devils. I could loose my soul, and father always said that was very important, and so I don't want to loose that or else he'll be very cross at me," Karrin nervously looks over the store again, "and seeing as this is a store I think she probably does a lot of dealings . . ."

laughing he says "oh dealings she does cutter ,just not the type your thinking" he looks to the tifling and with a smile says"lass ,your a tifling hells veira might well be kin to ya yeah leatherheaded basher" looking over at kratos sniffing for rolls then back to karrin"This is the cage the crossroads to all that is ,time to start seeing not all the multivers is the way ya clueless brain thins it is.Did ya ever stop to think maybe a basher dont wanna be what he is , that's what the cage is . It's a bashers chance to brake away from what they are and become what they want to be.Here in the cage powers dont hold sway ,arch devils dont call the shots,how many clueless worlds would we be thought of as fiends merely because of how we look and what we came from.veria may want your jink or to get ya alone for a few hours he casts a smile at veria "but ya soul shes been there done that he chuckles to himself"shes to much a sensate ta wanna peel ya of your souls , its been done and its boring "


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade
Zigel Za Elric wrote:


laughing he says "oh dealings she does cutter ,just not the type your thinking" he looks to the tifling and with a smile says"lass ,your a tifling hells veira might well be kin to ya yeah leatherheaded basher" looking over at kratos sniffing for rolls then back to karrin"This is the cage the crossroads to all that is ,time to start seeing not all the multivers is the way ya clueless brain thins it is.Did ya ever stop to think maybe a basher dont wanna be what he is , that's what the cage is . It's a bashers chance to brake away from what they are and become what they want to be.Here in the cage powers dont hold sway ,arch devils dont call the shots,how many clueless worlds would we be thought of as fiends merely because of how we look and what we came from.veria may want your jink or to get ya alone for a few hours he casts a smile at veria "but ya soul shes been there done that he chuckles to himself"shes to much a sensate ta wanna peel ya of your souls , its been done and its boring "

"I don't have any Kin," Karrin snaps, a bit louder then she intended, "all I have im my adopted father, and I wouldn't advise mocking him or his beliefs if I were you Zigel Za Elric!" For a brief moment there's a dangerous glint in Karrin's eye and the tension becomes almost palatable, and then, just as suddenly, Karrin relaxes, and the glint vanishes, "but then again father never visited the planes, and I think I can trust you Zigel, so if you think I can deal with Veria safely in this cage," Karrin says glancing around for the bars to the cage, "then I'll deal with her . . ."

Karrin suddenly leans close to Zigel, "but don't you dare leave me alone with her," Karrin whispers, "I don't care how close you know her, I don't trust her yet and you led me here so you stay until we're ready to leave."

Karrin glances down at her belt and grabs a pouch, "well, well," she says, "I guess I do have money after all. Let's see what you have to offer Ms Veria,"


Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk/2, Cleric/1
Mercutio wrote:


Ffethpaar walks back to the Silver Rose as the light outside brightens to Peak. When he arrives at the exercise area, he sees Renkar and Mercutio palying an odd game. Renkar is balanced on a board with a hemisperical bump atttached under it, making it extremely unstable. Mercutio flitters around him, tossing a wooden ball dexterously at him from different angles. Renkar attempts to catch the ball while remaining balanced on the odd-looking board.

Mercutio buzzes over to Ffethpaar as he enters.

In Draconic:

::New friend come! Play toss ball with Mercutio!::

Also in draconic:

::Yes, my friend, that will be most enjoyable::

Gently, so as not to hurt Renkar he tosses the ball but it soon becomes clear that Renkar is good at this. He and Mercutio start to work together tossing the ball to each other trying to catch Renkar off guard (Well Ffethpaar at least tries to implement that tactic).

Playing this game brings back memories of the games of his youth and of the tribe that he left behind. I must send a message home. Let them know how I am. What I am doing.


Emelia snuggles the cat.

I've missed you Bunnykins. Mr Sage has been ever so cross lately, an' he's been keeping me locked up in the house, telling me that there are evil things looking to eat young children."

Emelia looks around the small courtyard and whispers to the sable-furred cat

"You are my only friend Bunnykins. I told Mr. Sage about you and how you needed a good home an' cream but he says we can't afford the jink to pay for a useless pet an' he wasn't going to waste his hard-earned jink on a furball."

Emelia looks around furtively

"If we didn't need fresh laundry I'd never get outside. I wish you could come live with me Bunnykins. I had a dream where you an' I lived in this big house an' there were these beautiful people with fluffy white wings an' they fed us peaches and' cream an' honey an' .."

Emelia burbles on, her childish enthusiasm and natural gregariousness making her voice rise in volume until a stern voice issues from the shadowed rear doorway of the house.

"Emelia! Stop wasting time and finish your chores! I've told you no cat! Get rid of that mangy stray!"

Blacky/Bunnykins can see the tall angular form of Mr. Sage emerging from the shadows of the house. He is a pale dour-faced man with a skinny neck, prominent Adams Apple and straw-colored hair that lies rank under the old-fashioned black-buckled hat he always wears. He was dressed as usual in a shapeless black scholars robe, battered leather slippers peeking out from the hem.

Emelia jumps guiltily, dropping Blacky/Bunnykins. She whispers urgently to the cat

"Go quick Bunnykins before he gets real mad!"


After an hour of spirited ball tossing, Renkar slipps of his tilting board and waves off Mercutio.

"Enough play for now my friend. Perhaps you would like an apple?"

Renkar reaches into his robe, produces an apple, and tosses it across the warehouse. Mercutio chases it down and catches it with a pleased squeal. He perches on a handy rail and begins to eat.

Renkar puffs a bit, and walks over to Ffethpaar

"I am not as limber as I was once when I was in the Silver Arrow. I fear you all will have to go exploring on missions without me."

Renkar's voice is light, but Ffethpaar can sense a wistfullness in his tone. Switching to Draconic, Renkar speaks again.

::Come my noble friend, let us exercise our minds and bodies a bit with some sparring and forge an egg bond between us::

Renkar draws a wooden stick with the look of a curved longsword from a nearby rack and begins to stretch a bit.


Veria busies herself among various props and jars of makeup as Zigel and Karrin argue amongst themselves. She seems to be far away from the conversation, but Karrin gets the sense that this devil can hear everything they say quite well.

After Karrin 'finds' her coin pouch, Veria motions her over to the counter.

"Oh don't be silly my sweet. Just the pleasure of making your acquaintance has paid me for these pittances a hundred-fold."

In front of the smiling fiend is a display of various creams, unguents, faux facial hair pieces and wigs. The versimilitude of some of the hairpieces is striking. Veria tries on a flaming-red wig and pouts seductively at Zigel.

"I have all manner of disguise items here my friends. Please, take whatever you require, my treat."

Veria smirks at her former beau and the wary Tiefling girl.

I need to look up a disguise kit (I know ... slacking) if anyone knows where a good one is, post it in the discussion thread. Basically you can have any type of theatrical items you desire.


Lucius refills Eir's sherry glass graciously

"Absolutely my dear, anything you require to make the job go smoothly. I will ask that you do not mention either me or the Saltiere Society when conducting your investigations."

That was such a good Diplo roll you have him half-smitten you fey creature you!

Lucius fills Hanali's glass as well

"We have gotten our information on the Goblins from a former hireling of theirs, Grakk Pettigrue. He had worked as their face man when they first began offering their salt, but the Goblins cut him dead when they found him arrainging side deals. All he was ever able to find out is that the salt was stored in a warehouse near Crackskull Close in the Lower Ward and that it was from the Plane of Salt. After turning stag on them, he disappeared with the jink we payed him for his information."

Lucius returns to his complaining chair and ponders a bit

"Recently we have lost our contract with Osmonders' Meats in the Hive. They were never a great deal of our business, but they often bought secondary salt that was accidentally polluted in transport, so it was a win-win deal for both of us."

Lucius ponders again

"We also once did quite a lot of business with the Fernalian Meat Company. They have a place of business in the Great Bazaar, but their main warehouse is in the Lower Ward, where their gate is. They get their meats from some backwater planar world.

Also we have gotten reduced orders from the Axebeak Poultry Company, also in the Great Bazaar. Their warehouse is in the Lower Ward as well. Here are their addresses."

Lucius scribbles the three addresses on a piece of foolscap with a large gilded quill pen.


ACK! eaten post ...reposting:

Lucius refills Eir's sherry glass graciously

"Absolutely my dear, anything you require to make the job go smoothly. I will ask that you do not mention either me or the Saltiere Society when conducting your investigations."

That was such a good Diplo roll you have him half-smitten you fey creature you!

Lucius fills Hanali's glass as well

"We have gotten our information on the Goblins from a former hireling of theirs, Grakk Pettigrue. He had worked as their face man when they first began offering their salt, but the Goblins cut him dead when they found him arrainging side deals. All he was ever able to find out is that the salt was stored in a warehouse near Crackskull Close in the Lower Ward and that it was from the Plane of Salt. After turning stag on them, he disappeared with the jink we payed him for his information."

Lucius returns to his complaining chair and ponders a bit

"Recently we have lost our contract with Osmonders' Meats in the Hive. They were never a great deal of our business, but they often bought secondary salt that was accidentally polluted in transport, so it was a win-win deal for both of us."

Lucius ponders again

"We also once did quite a lot of business with the Fernalian Meat Company. They have a place of business in the Great Bazaar, but their main warehouse is in the Lower Ward, where their gate is. They get their meats from some backwater planar world.

Also we have gotten reduced orders from the Axebeak Poultry Company, also in the Great Bazaar. Their warehouse is in the Lower Ward as well. Here are their addresses."

Lucius scribbles the three addresses on a piece of foolscap with a large gilded quill pen.


Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk/2, Cleric/1
Renkar Sha'Hagmid wrote:

After an hour of spirited ball tossing, Renkar slipps of his tilting board and waves off Mercutio.

"Enough play for now my friend. Perhaps you would like an apple?"

Renkar reaches into his robe, produces an apple, and tosses it across the warehouse. Mercutio chases it down and catches it with a pleased squeal. He perches on a handy rail and begins to eat.

Renkar puffs a bit, and walks over to Ffethpaar

"I am not as limber as I was once when I was in the Silver Arrow. I fear you all will have to go exploring on missions without me."

Renkar's voice is light, but Ffethpaar can sense a wistfullness in his tone. Switching to Draconic, Renkar speaks again.

::Come my noble friend, let us exercise our minds and bodies a bit with some sparring and forge an egg bond between us::

Renkar draws a wooden stick with the look of a curved longsword from a nearby rack and begins to stretch a bit.

::I would be greatly honoured to spar with you. And I do not think that your active days are at an end::

Selecting a stick of suitable size and weight he waits for Renkar to be ready


neuter Robbit (variant halfling with reptilian appearence) Rogue2 / Wizard (transmuter) 1

Greep returns to the Silver Rose complex, his mood returned to sunny.
"Good friends are found in Sigil"-greep-"and good teammates as well."

Upon entering , he heads towards the work-out room, where he can hear the sounds of sparring. Being caefull not to distract anyone, he calls, "I'll be on the shooting range for a while." -greep-

I'm at work right now, but I'll post if I have time. Otherwise, I'll join in when I get home (after midnight, east coast time- I work second shift).

Qadira

DO NOT STICK FINGERS IN CAGE

All good. I am going to have to sign off soon tonight. Assume you and Mercutio have some fun with mobile target practice


Spinner of Secrets wrote:
Lucius scribbles the three addresses on a piece of foolscap with a large gilded quill pen.

"Thank you, sir. And again, you need not worry about us mentioning the society. It's our policy to pursue our work with absolute discretion."


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade
Spinner of Secrets wrote:

Veria busies herself among various props and jars of makeup as Zigel and Karrin argue amongst themselves. She seems to be far away from the conversation, but Karrin gets the sense that this devil can hear everything they say quite well.

After Karrin 'finds' her coin pouch, Veria motions her over to the counter.

"Oh don't be silly my sweet. Just the pleasure of making your acquaintance has paid me for these pittances a hundred-fold."

In front of the smiling fiend is a display of various creams, unguents, faux facial hair pieces and wigs. The versimilitude of some of the hairpieces is striking. Veria tries on a flaming-red wig and pouts seductively at Zigel.

"I have all manner of disguise items here my friends. Please, take whatever you require, my treat."

Veria smirks at her former beau and the wary Tiefling girl.

"I'll pay for everything I need thank you," Karrin says matter-of-factly, "you'll forgive me if I don't accept any gifts, but as Zigal says I'm a leatherhead and a basher and I'm not ready to trust a devil just yet. Sorry."


Male Tiefling Invoker/3rd
Karrin Kind wrote:


"I'll pay for everything I need thank you," Karrin says matter-of-factly, "you'll forgive me if I don't accept any gifts, but as Zigal says I'm a leatherhead and a basher and I'm not ready to trust a devil just yet. Sorry."

chuckling while rubbing kratos between the ears"well lass ya are a basher at times and a leather head, but were working on it" looking down and the wide eyed dog " veria love,ya wa'na have any honeyed biskits kratos loves so would ya.and more of that lovely lilac insince I got last trip though would be smashing ? he smile sweetly at the bemused fiend


Veria's smile never falters, but Karrin senses a slight chill coming from her, like the finger of cold air that used to creep across the floor of the monastery when someone opened the door.

"No worries my darling pet. Trust is a difficult thing to earn in the Cage. Yer using yer brainbox keeping yer peepers peeled for a bob."

Karrin has a bit of difficulty following the Cant Veria spouts, but she decides the fiend is paying her a slight compliment.

"We have a saying in my homeland: 'The proper price for the proper item.' Say what you will about us devils, but we always give you your due."

Veria's smile widens a bit

"I'd charge any berk off the boulevard 75 Ladies for the props GP. If you will allow me, I will give you the friendly discount to 45 Ladies. As long as you promise to drop by when you are in the neighborhood sometime."

Veria looks over at the grinning form of Zigel and Kratos the sniffing pooch.

"Zig dear, I do have some of that lilac incense here. It's 1 Lady per, just like last time. As for Kratos ..." Veria rummages behind the counter. "I think I have an old bone here." Veria appears with a largish soup bone with a few scraps of meat clinging to it. She tosses it to the large hound with a deft twist of her wrist.

Qadira

DO NOT STICK FINGERS IN CAGE

looking over the previous postings I have lost a few to that evil thread monster. I am going back to repost some. Stay tuned


Reposting of yesterdays Blacky/Bunnykin update ...sigh

Emelia snuggles the cat.

"I've missed you Bunnykins. Mr Sage has been ever so cross lately, an' he's been keeping me locked up in the house, telling me that there are evil things looking to eat young children."

Emelia looks around the small courtyard and whispers to the sable-furred cat

"You are my only friend Bunnykins. I told Mr. Sage about you and how you needed a good home an' cream but he says we can't afford the jink to pay for a useless pet an' he wasn't going to waste his hard-earned jink on a furball."

Emelia looks around furtively

"If we didn't need fresh laundry I'd never get outside. I wish you could come live with me Bunnykins. I had a dream where you an' I lived in this big house an' there were these beautiful people with fluffy white wings an' they fed us peaches and' cream an' honey an' .."

Emelia burbles on, her childish enthusiasm and natural gregariousness making her voice rise in volume until a stern voice issues from the shadowed rear doorway of the house.

"Emelia! Stop wasting time and finish your chores! I've told you no cat! Get rid of that mangy stray!"

Blacky/Bunnykins can see the tall angular form of Mr. Sage emerging from the shadows of the house. He is a pale dour-faced man with a skinny neck, prominent Adams Apple and straw-colored hair that lies rank under the old-fashioned black silver-buckled hat he always wears. He was dressed as usual in a shapeless black scholars robe, battered leather slippers peeking out from the hem.

Emelia jumps guiltily, dropping Blacky/Bunnykins. She whispers urgently to the cat.

"Go quick Bunnykins before he gets real mad!"


Fftehpaar wrote:

::I would be greatly honoured to spar with you. And I do not think that your active days are at an end::

Selecting a stick of suitable size and weight he waits for Renkar to be ready

Renkar bows slightly to Fftehpaar.

::Thank you noble one for your kind words, but as the Dragons say: 'A hatchling brawls, a youth covets, a Wyrm sleeps.' I have travelled more than most, and I take my aging with as much grace as I can muster.::

Renkar finishes stretching and assumes a fighting stance

::Begin!::

I don't really have Renkar fleshed out, so I am just going to handwave over your actual sparring.

The bright hours just before and after the Peak hour are filled with a sprightly sparring. Greep reappears, chats with them for a bit and then engages Mercutio to assit him in his practice as a mobile target holder outside in the rear courtyard.

As the light begins to dim a bit, heralding the slide towards the end of After Peak, Renkar suggests they adjourn to the Copper Cauldron Inn to refresh themselves and await the return of their other party members.

There is still a bit of time before you all are supposed to meet. (roughly 3 hours). If there is anything else you would like to do speak up. If not, Renkar will treat you both to a late lunch and a few ales at Bess' establishment.


F Aasimar Rog/Mnk 2/2

Lucius smiles at the two as he rises to see them off.

"Thank you very much for your attention to this delicate matter ladies. You both have my complete confidence. Hanali, please give my regards to your father and Renkar as well."

Lucius scoots around the desk and graciously (if not too gracefully) pulls the ladies' seats back to allow them an easy exit.

Hanali smiles winningly at the porcine salt trader.

"I will certainly do so Lucius. We will contact you when we have learned more on your matter. Are you attending the Debutante Cotillion next ..."

The two engage in a little idle gossip about their social circles. It's mostly Abyssal to Eir. They wrap up and Hanali and Eir descend to the lower level and emerge into the brightening light of Peak.

Hanali motions to Noresh, who gets up from what looks like a dice game in progress in the alley. Slightly abashed he trots over.

"Find us a decent palanquin Noresh if you please."

Noresh nods and trots off to the main thouroughfarre.

Hanali looks over to her companion.

"Well we have a few choices Eir. We can head right back to Copper Court, or we can try and case the warehouses. Or ..."

Hanali's violet eyes take on a wicked cast.

"We can take a few hours and visit the Great Gymnasium for a little spa treatment. I have an in with the Ciphers, we can probably get an appointment right after Peak. Their mineral baths and massages are to die for!"


Hanali Hal'Oight wrote:


The two engage in a little idle gossip about their social circles. It's mostly Abyssal to Eir. They wrap up and Hanali and Eir descend to the lower level and emerge into the brightening light of Peak.

Eir is fluent in Abyssal. ;p


Hanali Hal'Oight wrote:


"We can take a few hours and visit the Great Gymnasium for a little spa treatment. I have an in with the Ciphers, we can probably get an appointment right after Peak. Their mineral baths and massages are to die for!"

"I suspect that the others would like to plan and kick off the mission together, and certainly their input may be beneficial. Now the spa, that sounds harmless and wonderful."


neuter Robbit (variant halfling with reptilian appearence) Rogue2 / Wizard (transmuter) 1

After a good work out on the shooting range, Greep rewards Mercutio and himself with an evening meal at the Copper Cauldron- with apple pie desert (pie!).

The rest of the evening is spent studying his magic so as to keep mind and body strong.

He eagerly awaits the return of Eir and Hanali so he can discover what his first case with the Company will involve.


F Aasimar Rog/Mnk 2/2
Eir haakonen wrote:
I suspect that the others would like to plan and kick off the mission together, and certainly their input may be beneficial. Now the spa, that sounds harmless and wonderful."

Heh. I knew I should have went with my first thought of saying 'it's mostly Halfling to Eir', but it just didn't sound as cool.

Hanali claps her hands together.

"Splendid! I have been just dying for a Gehennan purple mud soak and a rubdown by Thormaldi.I do hope he is available. Perhaps a mani-pedi as well?"

Noresh returns with another large ornate palanquin in tow. This one sports extremely large burly porters and no driver. The curtains are purple silk , the frame some reddish hardwood. The head porter dickers with Hanali and they arrive at a mutually acceptable price.

The two women climb aboard and the palanquin sets off with a smooth uplift down the frantic avenue of Copperman Way.

The Peak hours see many less people on the road. Most merchants are ensconced in their stalls at the Great Bazaar, and many of the Knights of the Post, Fiends, and Night Market workers are safely indoors resting up till next Anti-Peak. Shoppers and tourists still linger among the small sidestreets and along the raised sidewalk, but your pace is much smoother on the main avenue. You once have to stop while a group of the outcast Collectors drag a knackered horse off the street, arguing with a man who you assume is it's owner.

The palanquin turns onto Risvold street, then Duskgate Road, and eventually approaches the Great Gymnasium. The large square fronting the enormous faction headquarters is buzzing with activity. Rich dilletants, Cipher namers and anyone with a little time on their hands and jink in their pockets are heading in for an Afterpeak of massages, acupuncture, mud baths and sparring classes.

The palanquin deposits you in from of the Great Gymnasium. Hanali dismisses Noresh (who had been jogging alongside rather breathlessly) with the proviso that he rejoin them in three hours time.

Hanali guides you up through the milling crowd of hopefull entrants and climbs the gleaming marble stairway towards the enormous entrance foyer. She talks quietly with an attendand guarding the door, and with something small passed between them, Hanali and Eir are let in.

The size and splendor of the building is truly amazing. The Ciphers are reputed to act first, think later, but whoever built this pile was a thoughful cutter indeed. The interior is decorated in marble with brass torch fittings in the wall. Large Atriums set at regular intervals allow light from outside filter in. Despite Sigil's normal stink in the background, the air within seems scented with an amazing variety of pleasant odors.

Hanali leads Eir to a changing area. Hanali strips to the buff, revealing a musculature that Eir had suspected, but really hadn't been able to confirm until now. They rent locks and deposit their gear in several lockers guarded by a large woman with a few fiends in her family tree. Hanali flips her a Lady and says "Kepp an eye on our lockers would you?"The attendant nods

The two dress in soft cotton robes and Hanali leads Eir to the Gehennan mud baths. The room is dark and steamy, with a large vat of very warm purple mud. Eir can make out several other patrons neck-deep in the sulphuric vat.

Hanali strips off her robe and motions for Eir to do the same. They relax in the mud for about half an hour. Eir feels very refreshed afterwards give yourself a +1 to any initiative checks until Antipeak. and the two retreat to a warm water bath to wash up.

After the mud bath, Hanali arrainges for the two to get a rub down by two large male masseuses. The treatment is truly one of the best massages that Eir has ever received. They then get a makeover from a stylist that Hanali seems to know on a personal basis Due to the styling, Eir can also take a +1 CHA circumstance check for the rest of the day. As the shadows lengthen along the marble hallways, Hanali yawns and stretches her newly-manicured hands towards the ceiling.

"I guess it is nearing the time to be getting back Eir. Is there anything you would like to do before we return?"

101 to 150 of 12,242 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.