Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company

Game Master Patrick Curtin

This campaign is my attempt to play a canonical Planescape campaign using the updated Pathfinder ruleset. The game actually predates the release of Pathfinder, but we have managed to update as we have needed.


11,301 to 11,350 of 12,197 << first < prev | 222 | 223 | 224 | 225 | 226 | 227 | 228 | 229 | 230 | 231 | 232 | next > last >>

Bribes always welcome
Justin Case wrote:
"But let's try someplace new to eat. I can't eat that Infernal food again. That curry is WAY too spicy!"

Skyy laughs, a light throaty sound

'Well, lover, let's hit the Great Bazaar and we can find something suitable for your delicate palate!"

Skyy and Justin head out to the Great Bazaar, a few minutes stroll down Copperman's Way.

The largest open-air marketplace Justin has ever seen opens to them. Lights and torches star the fog-shrouded inky darkness, and music and revelry can be heard all about.

Most of the taverns and food carts congregate on the fringes of the Bazaar, catering to almost every taste on the Great Wheel. Skyy drags Justin towards The Valley Eyrie, a restaurant specializing in some sort of mountain cuisine. The interior is well-lit, and half-elven waitresses dressed in rustic-looking lederhosen deliver platters of smoking meats, large bluish cheeses, tossed greens, and odd fruits to the customers.

"Oooh, I adore their Fhorge sausages!" Skyy exclaims


Male Human (Athasian) Cleric 9
Ekuur wrote:
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Ekuur wrote:
Ekuur enters his temple, gripping his symbol in reverence. He does not speak, as he does not want to interrupt services (not sure what time he exactly arrives and whether that's what the murmur would be or...

Ekuur enters the temple, his tall frame ducking over the low lintel. It looks as if his acolytes and parishoners have not been idle. The fusty smell is gone from the interior, and a new coat of orange and red paint coats the walls.

In front of the altar a red-robed acolyte leads about a dozen parishoners in prayer. Another fire burns in a large brass urn.

I dont recall if we named your acolytes. I can't seem to find any reference.

The acolyte finishes his invocation to the Sacred Flame and stands, turning to face the congregation. His eyes widen as he sees Ekuur

"Master Ekuur! You have returned to us! May the Flame be praised!"

No, we didn't name them. "All praise the Sacred Flame!" Ekuur responds. "Pray continue, Charred Disciple Thelnarin. Do not allow me to detract from the glory of the inferno," he tells the young half-orc. Ekuur takes a spot near the urn, and allows his acolyte to complete the services, although when Thelnarin finishes his sermon, Ekuur steps to the front in order to tell the congregation of the great victory won over the Winter Queen and her servants.

"The glorious Sacred Flame now illuminates the garden of Lauralie, spawn of the Tree of Life, my faithful! Once again the cold of death has been defeated and warmth and heat begin to bring a world of darkness back to the light. Always remember that the elves of that world are our friends and allies, as are those who are friends of the Tree of Life. Praise be to the Sacred Flame!" With that, Ekuur steps back aside and allows his student to complete the services. Once the parishioners have left, Ekuur tells Thelnarin to gather the others in an hour, as he'd like to refresh himself but has much to discuss.

At the appointed time, Ekuur begins by commending them on the work they have done on the temple, and then giving his charges the full story of his last few weeks. He will then ask his acolytes to fill him in on whatever may have occurred in his absence.

Also glad to hear you came through the storm OK! Just a reminder of my last post above ... :-)


Bribes always welcome
Merle Barer wrote:
"So whats been happening round here since I was away?" Merle asks as they wait for there meal

Skrint shrugs

"Well, I had a job taking a hunting party out to a prime world. The berks wanted to hunt giant lizards, so they got their wish. Dinosaurs are a crafty lot though. One berk got scragged, an' we had to dig his bones out of a dino dropping later so his friends could get him a ressurection."

Skrint makes a face

"Rich rattleskulls from the Nobles District, but the jink was right."


Bribes always welcome
Ekuur wrote:
Also glad to hear you came through the storm OK! Just a reminder of my last post above ... :-)

No worries, working my way through the stuff now

Charred Disciple Thelnarin smiles, his homely face lighting up

"I was just completing the Ritual of the Soaring Ember, Master."

He steps down to allow Ekuur to sermonize. after he completes his sermon on his adventures the small congregation erups in cheers

"Praise the Flame!"

"Hallowed be the Master!"

"Thus does the Flame spread its warmth to other realms!"

"A day of Burning Indeed!"

After the parishoners leave, Thelnarin and the two other disciples gather to talk with Ekuur. They bask in his praise, and inform him that their congregation is almost a hundred strong, although some are more devout than others. Also, a local strongman, Pulgh, has been about, asking for an audience. Thelnarin grimaces

"I have heard talk of him. A gangleader, he extorts 'donations' from temples in this area. Those that do not donate face the retaliation of his gang of toughs."


Female catfolk sorceror 9
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Merle Barer wrote:
"So whats been happening round here since I was away?" Merle asks as they wait for there meal

Skrint shrugs

"Well, I had a job taking a hunting party out to a prime world. The berks wanted to hunt giant lizards, so they got their wish. Dinosaurs are a crafty lot though. One berk got scragged, an' we had to dig his bones out of a dino dropping later so his friends could get him a ressurection."

Skrint makes a face

"Rich rattleskulls from the Nobles District, but the jink was right."

Merle makes a yuck face at the doppings bit "Well long as your okat though."


Male Human (Athasian) Cleric 9
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Ekuur wrote:
Also glad to hear you came through the storm OK! Just a reminder of my last post above ... :-)

No worries, working my way through the stuff now

Charred Disciple Thelnarin smiles, his homely face lighting up

"I was just completing the Ritual of the Soaring Ember, Master."

He steps down to allow Ekuur to sermonize. after he completes his sermon on his adventures the small congregation erups in cheers

"Praise the Flame!"

"Hallowed be the Master!"

"Thus does the Flame spread its warmth to other realms!"

"A day of Burning Indeed!"

After the parishoners leave, Thelnarin and the two other disciples gather to talk with Ekuur. They bask in his praise, and inform him that their congregation is almost a hundred strong, although some are more devout than others. Also, a local strongman, Pulgh, has been about, asking for an audience. Thelnarin grimaces

"I have heard talk of him. A gangleader, he extorts 'donations' from temples in this area. Those that do not donate face the retaliation of his gang of toughs."

Ekuur is very pleased at the increase in parishioners and the work of his acolytes, and expresses this. At the mention of this Pulgh character, his face darkens. "Is that so? Well, then, when he next comes by, I shall speak with him, I suppose. Please, tell me all you know of him and his gang. What other temples do you know that are paying for his 'services'?"


Human Wiz 8

Justin takes in the sight of the great bazaar, (Or, more properly, 'The Great Bazaar' as he has been informed) and spends a moment basking in the sights, sounds and smells. Not all of any three are wonderful or terrible, but taken collectively they form an unforgettable impression that has never lessened since his arrival in this strange place.

Dungeon Monkey wrote:


"Oooh, I adore their Fhorge sausages!" Skyy exclaims

Justin smirks as Skyy drags him by the hand. "Hey, I'll try anything once, twice if I like it. Or it doesn't bite me back first." He adds wryly, remembering once again his first encounter with the Infernal cuisine.

He sits down and enjoys the pleasant company of Skyy, and the food it turns out. He is so happy to be back that he has to remind himself not to let his guard down. The Bazaar may be one of the 'safer' spots in Sigil, but hardheads notwithstanding, no one was going to protect you from burglary or worse unless you protected yourself first.

Justin's cynicism didn't lessen his enjoyment of the meal or the company though. If anything, it was becoming part of him, like a familiar ritual. He didn't know how to feel about that, so he did what he always did when faced with a new conundrum. He ignored it and focused on the moment.

When they were done, Justin bowed to Skyy as they left the building. "SHall I escort you my lady?" He asked in an aristocratic accent, bowing with a grin.

Glad to see your back Pat! And wow, your good. Keeping up with all these separate posts? Your good monkey, real good! :)


Male Half-elf (Planar) Ranger 5/Rogue 2/Plane Walker 1
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

Ombidias occupies a small room near the polishing yards where he supervises namers beginning their journey on the Path to Apotheosis. Issac knocks and after a moment the door opens and the vodyakin's

homely seamed brown face peers out.

"Issac! What a pleasant surprise! Please, come in and refresh yourself. I was just sitting down to a pot of Elvish Star Valley tea if you have an urge for a cuppa."

Isaac claps his old foreman on the boulder-like shoulder and tries not to wince when he realizes why that was a bad idea.

"Oi, well met chief! I'd be glad teh share a drink if ye've a mind fer company. Reckoned I'd get lanned to the Chant here since I been Out of Town. How's the Cage held up without me, cutter? Namers gettin' along alright?"


Bribes always welcome
Merle Barer wrote:
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Merle Barer wrote:
"So whats been happening round here since I was away?" Merle asks as they wait for there meal

Skrint shrugs

"Well, I had a job taking a hunting party out to a prime world. The berks wanted to hunt giant lizards, so they got their wish. Dinosaurs are a crafty lot though. One berk got scragged, an' we had to dig his bones out of a dino dropping later so his friends could get him a ressurection."

Skrint makes a face

"Rich rattleskulls from the Nobles District, but the jink was right."

Merle makes a yuck face at the doppings bit "Well long as your okat though."

Skrint laughs

"I hunt, I make some jink, I have Swiftfang and good friends!"

He raisies his glass

"A toast! To good food and good friendsship!"


Bribes always welcome
Justin Case wrote:


Glad to see your back Pat! And wow, your good. Keeping up with all these separate posts? Your good monkey, real good! :)

LOL not as good as I thought. RL keeps kicking me..

Skyy finishes her meal with gusto. Justin's food doesn't fight him like the Baatorian Rock Octopus he had tried before. Pan seared venison, a salad of greens with an oil dressing, and several colorful root tubers baked soft and steaming grace his plate

The Great Bazaar swarms with people going about their business. The crowd is much more fiendish in nature at this time of Antipeak. Justin blanches when he sees the same sort of demon they fought on Yggdrasil with talismin, but it shambles by the restaurant, oblivious.

Skyy finishes and whistles for a palanquin.

"C'mon Justin, lets travel in style. I do so hate hoofing it everywhere and it's a long stretch to the Fallen Angel."

The palanquin is a modest one, six bearers of some burly humanoid race with ram horns. Skyy jumps in and arranges herself on the pillows and beckons for Justin to jump aboard.


Bribes always welcome
Isaac wrote:
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

Ombidias occupies a small room near the polishing yards where he supervises namers beginning their journey on the Path to Apotheosis. Issac knocks and after a moment the door opens and the vodyakin's

homely seamed brown face peers out.

"Issac! What a pleasant surprise! Please, come in and refresh yourself. I was just sitting down to a pot of Elvish Star Valley tea if you have an urge for a cuppa."

Isaac claps his old foreman on the boulder-like shoulder and tries not to wince when he realizes why that was a bad idea.

"Oi, well met chief! I'd be glad teh share a drink if ye've a mind fer company. Reckoned I'd get lanned to the Chant here since I been Out of Town. How's the Cage held up without me, cutter? Namers gettin' along alright?"

Ombidias nods, and gestures for Issac to take a seat

"Training namers is a lot like polishing steel. Hard work, often repetitive, but the results are pleasing. I am always pleased to see one of my former charges making their way into the greater multiverse, expanding their souls and traveling farther along the path to Apotheosis."

The giant factor pours Issac a mug of tea dexterously, placing a sugar bowl in front of him and a pitcher of cream.

"How fares your path? You seem to have picked up a few scars since last I saw you."


Bribes always welcome
Ekuur wrote:

... Also, a local strongman, Pulgh, has been about, asking for an audience. Thelnarin grimaces[/i]

"I have heard talk of him. A gangleader, he extorts 'donations' from temples in this area. Those that do not donate face the retaliation of his gang of toughs."

Ekuur is very pleased at the increase in parishioners and the work of his acolytes, and expresses this. At the mention of this Pulgh character, his face darkens. "Is that so? Well, then, when he next comes by, I shall speak with him, I suppose. Please, tell me all you know of him and his gang. What other temples do you know that are paying for his 'services'?"

Thelnarin grimaces

"He holds several blocks hereabouts. He has a gang of toughs that 'patrol' the streets. There are about twelve of them. I am pretty sure that most of the temples adjoining us pay him. I assume he extorts funds from all of the ones in his territory. He has an 'office' a few streets over, where he lolls in indolence, surrounded by bodyguards and dancing girls."


Human Wiz 8
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Justin Case wrote:


,... Your good monkey, real good! :)
LOL not as good as I thought. RL keeps kicking me..

LOL! Welcome to MY world Monkey! At least we're in good company! :)

Justin forces himself to relax after the bestial demon passes by. He hadn't even realized he had pulled a wand until he tried to unclench his fingers. He goes back to his food, but it doesn't taste quite as good as it did a moment before.

Monkey wrote:


Skyy finishes and whistles for a palanquin.[/i]

"C'mon Justin, lets travel in style. I do so hate hoofing it everywhere and it's a long stretch to the Fallen Angel."

The palanquin is a modest one, six bearers of some burly humanoid race with ram horns. Skyy jumps in and arranges herself on the pillows and beckons for Justin to jump aboard.

Justin grins, and Quickly joins Skyy in the palanquin.

"This is a great idea! After all, we wouldn't want you to wear yourself out before the show, would we?" He asks as he settles in next to Skyy. His tone indicates that he wouldn't mind her being worn out. Just not from walking.

"The Fallen Angel please. And don't run over any hardhats. We're not in THAT much of a hurry." He says to the ram-horned bearers with a waggle of his eyebrows as he pulls the curtain closed.


Female catfolk sorceror 9
Dungeon Monkey wrote:


Skrint laughs

"I hunt, I make some jink, I have Swiftfang and good friends!"

He raisies his glass

"A toast! To good food and good friendsship!"

Merle smiles and raises her glass copying the gesture "Sure thing."


male Catfolk

Seph while Merle is away meanwhile spends his time helping around the Silver Rose and Copper Cauldron.


Bribes always welcome
Seph Barer wrote:
Seph while Merle is away meanwhile spends his time helping around the Silver Rose and Copper Cauldron.

Bess is more than happy to have Seph help her peel vegetables for the following day. Bess' kitchen is a large busy place, with children, dogs, cats and even an old raven in attendance. Ramona, Bess' oldest daughter, runs back and forth with orders from the patrons. Darroth, one of her sons, fills clay mugs of ale from a huge cask embedded in the kitchen wall. It is a chaotic yet homey scene


Bribes always welcome
Justin Case wrote:
"The Fallen Angel please. And don't run over any hardhats. We're not in THAT much of a hurry." He says to the ram-horned bearers with a waggle of his eyebrows as he pulls the curtain closed.

The palanquin takes about a half hour to traverse the busy foggy streets of the Cage. Justin and Skyy make good use of the time, getting reacquinted.

The Fallen Angel is in the Marble District. The Marble district is technically part of the Hive Ward, but it holds the dubious distiction of being the 'rich' part of that benighted section of Sigil.

The Fallen Angel lies on the corner of Shatterbone Street where it intersects Six Sighs Alley. The area is rife with burlesque halls, bordellos and gaudy taverns catering to a crowd of dandied up knights of the posts squiring their half-jinkskirt girls about.

Skyy gets out and tosses the bearers a few gold coins. She and Justin enter, under the eyes of a large bouncer with some giant in his pedegree.

The inside is a pastiche of garishly-upholstered couches, small stages and an orchestral pit with a half-dozen starveling musicains sawing enthusiastically at their instruments. Skyy gives Justin a lingering kiss and vanishes backstage.

Roll me a Perception Justin


Human Wiz 8

Justin adds a few coins to the bearers before escorting Skyy inside. He waves jauntily to the bouncer, who responds with a low rumbling growl.
Justin decides to pretend it was a polite greeting.

Per:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Aw, seriously? ;P

Justin smiles as he watches Skyy walk backstage. He is entirely too preoccupied with admiring the vanishing view to pay any real attention to the crowd inside.


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade

When Nari and Quint begin talking shop Karrin excuses herself to visit the temple district. Karrin promises to return in a couple of hours to collect Nari and take her home.


Male Human (Athasian) Cleric 9
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Ekuur wrote:

... Also, a local strongman, Pulgh, has been about, asking for an audience. Thelnarin grimaces[/i]

"I have heard talk of him. A gangleader, he extorts 'donations' from temples in this area. Those that do not donate face the retaliation of his gang of toughs."

Ekuur is very pleased at the increase in parishioners and the work of his acolytes, and expresses this. At the mention of this Pulgh character, his face darkens. "Is that so? Well, then, when he next comes by, I shall speak with him, I suppose. Please, tell me all you know of him and his gang. What other temples do you know that are paying for his 'services'?"

Thelnarin grimaces

"He holds several blocks hereabouts. He has a gang of toughs that 'patrol' the streets. There are about twelve of them. I am pretty sure that most of the temples adjoining us pay him. I assume he extorts funds from all of the ones in his territory. He has an 'office' a few streets over, where he lolls in indolence, surrounded by bodyguards and dancing girls."

Ekuur frowns in his characteristic way. "Ok. Let us pay this Pulgh a visit and see what he wants. Disciple Gurdough (Ekuur indicates the middle-aged ifrit, the newest of his acolytes), you remain here and tend to the temple. Charred Disciple Thelnarin and Disciple Qurresia (a young and significantly burn-scarred female half-elf), don your armor and bring your arms. We go to talk, but we do not wish to appear weak. Like the Sacred Flame, we must burn out this stain in our district."


female elan Psion (Kineticist) 9

Nari speaks eagerly, telling Quint about her training and answering any questions he might have. It had been so long since she'd had someone to speak to about the powers of the mind. And with her memories so distant and feeling more and more removed from herself, she wanted to talk about them now. Becoming a new person was a blessing, but there were also times when the transformation was startling. By the time Karrin left, her shyness had worn off and she smiled and waved goodbye to her friend without any anxiety.


Bribes always welcome
Justin Case wrote:


Justin adds a few coins to the bearers before escorting Skyy inside. He waves jauntily to the bouncer, who responds with a low rumbling growl.
Justin decides to pretend it was a polite greeting.

Per:1d20+9

Aw, seriously? ;P

Justin smiles as he watches Skyy walk backstage. He is entirely too preoccupied with admiring the vanishing view to pay any real attention to the crowd inside.

LOL ..

Justin looks about, but is distracted by one of the dancers onstage putting on a show with an octopus-like creature, several juggling balls and some very limber parts of her own anatomy

He's only human after all

He is therefore startled when a stony hand lands on his shoulder. He starts and sees Hendricks the gargoyle looming over him.

"Boss wants a word." The taciturn bodyguard grunts


Bribes always welcome
Ekuur wrote:
...Charred Disciple Thelnarin and Disciple Qurresia (a young and significantly burn-scarred female half-elf), don your armor and bring your arms. We go to talk, but we do not wish to appear weak. Like the Sacred Flame, we must burn out this stain in our district."

The disciples nod and disappear into the back of the temple. Thelnarin and Qurresia return with some ill-fitting boiled leather garments and wooden staves.

"We are ready, master" They chorus


Bribes always welcome
Naridre Ro'Arisahshe wrote:
Nari speaks eagerly, telling Quint about her training and answering any questions he might have. It had been so long since she'd had someone to speak to about the powers of the mind. And with her memories so distant and feeling more and more removed from herself, she wanted to talk about them now. Becoming a new person was a blessing, but there were also times when the transformation was startling. By the time Karrin left, her shyness had worn off and she smiled and waved goodbye to her friend without any anxiety.

Quint listens avidly and the two (or six) discuss the finer points of psicraft for a long time. Quint shows her a few pointers, and also alerts her to a local 'guild' (more of an association/tavern) called the Mind's Eye in the Guildhall Ward that caters to psionics of all shapes and sizes.


Bribes always welcome
Karrin Kind wrote:
When Nari and Quint begin talking shop Karrin excuses herself to visit the temple district. Karrin promises to return in a couple of hours to collect Nari and take her home.

Karrin clambers down the rickety stairs and out into the foggy Antipeak air. Quint's house sits close to the Great Bazaar, and the murmur of that immense open-air market can be head echoing into the gray cottony sky.

Karrin retraces her steps along Thread Ally and re-emerges onto Copperman's Way. She walks through the throng, occasionally distracted by some exotic pedestrain or a demon or devil strolling along easy as you please.

She hurries through the Nobles' District, sparing little time for the bejeweled socialites entering guarded gilded gold gates. The frowns of guards and Harmonium bounce off her like so many blunt practice arrows.

The Court District is quiet, Antipeak being it's closed time. Lights sweep the Prison complex, and Karrin sends up a prayer for Talismin's black-stained soul.

The final few bureaucratic buildings fall away and massive temples replace them along the boulevard. karrin has reached the Temple District, an area aflame with the shouts and exultations of hundreds of devout deity worshippers.

Where to?


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade

Karrin quickly finds the temple of Rao, her temple, her home away from home. It had only been a few weeks since her last confession (though it felt like more then a year) and Karrin had wracked up some doozies. First there was the whole lying and manipulating everyone in the party to install Isaac as party leader, then there were the fights and bloodshed, the counter intelligence, jealousy, lying to her friends about her parentage, and a whole host of other odds and ends. Karrin cataloged them all. She just hoped that she wouldn't get a very long penance this time. Something short and sweet so she could get back in the business of fighting evil. The other thing Karrin hoped was that confession wouldn't take more then an hour, for some reason these things just seemed to go on and on and on. Karrin suspected that it had something to do with the darkened little booth. Karrin could always see just fine, but she imagined that the human priests might have been nervous in the dark and because of that they didn't talk much, and then Karrin needed to fill the void. And of course Karrin needed to explain things, it was one thing to be jealous of a friend's body, but in this case Nari had gotten a brand new one. Karrin was sure she wasn't the first person to ever feel these emotions, but Karrin was fairly certain that this was a rather unique situation . . .

Also was it jealousy or envy? Karrin wasn't sure of the exact distinctions, both were bad, and Karrin felt bad about feeling these things. Nari had had a tough life, far more horrible then Karrin's, but until recently Karrin had felt a lot like an outsider in society. Lots of people accepted her, but there was always that look from strangers, that look that said "You're not one of us" or "You don't belong here," things were better now, Karrin didn't feel that as much in the cage, but it was always there. As horrible as things had been for Nari she at least could have blended into society. People didn't look at her and immediately think "thief" or "fiend", if anyone deserved a fresh start it was Nari, but Karrin couldn't help but feel a twinge of . . . something. Karrin would have to ask the priest for the difference.

Karrin took a deep breath and stepped into the sacred house.


Human Wiz 8
Dungeon Monkey wrote:


LOL ..

Justin looks about, but is distracted by one of the dancers onstage putting on a show with an octopus-like creature, several juggling balls and some very limber parts of her own anatomy

He's only human after all

He is therefore startled when a stony hand lands on his shoulder. He starts and sees Hendricks the gargoyle looming over him.

"Boss wants a word." The taciturn bodyguard grunts

Justin's 'Eeep!' of surprise is fortunately covered by the enthusiastic cheering for the final move of the act onstage. The rumble of pounded tables almost hides the thumping of his own heart. Blasted creatures made of stone shouldn't be able to move that quietly Justin decides. He makes a mental note to bring that up at the next Interplanar Fairness meeting.

Justin turns to the gargoyle with his patented 'annoying smirk' firmly in place. He didn't like having to look up to creatures. Especially ones he didn't really like.

"He wants a word? Well I don't need any new ones, thanks. My vocabulary quotient is filled for the day." He tells the ape-faced gargoyle.

Hendricks just looked at him implacable as, well, stone. Although there was a shadow of motion on the creatures heavy brow, as if the stone itself was actually having to process Justin's reply. Justin, for his part, waited mostly patiently for the thought to sink through. He used the time to examine the bodyguard's newest suit. It was another custom job, and probably cost more than a month of Justin's income before he joined the Rose. A good month. And yet the muscled gargoyle still made the custom fit look at least 2 sizes too small.

Apparently whatever passed for brains in Hendrick's head finished processing Justin's reply. Because there was a noticeable furrowing of the eyebrow this time. (Hendricks didn't actually have two eyebrows, Justin noticed. More like one small granite cliff.) The gargoyle lightly squeezed his hand that still rested on Justin's shoulder. Justin immediately hissed in pain.

"But since the act I came to see isn't on yet, and you asked SO nicely. Why not?" Justin forced out, still smiling through clenched teeth. Hendricks nodded once, dropped his hand and turned to lead the way.

"I need to introduce you to a friend of mine. Have you by any chance met a lady named Karrin? You both make a similar impression. Literally." Justin says wryly, shrugging his sore shoulder to restore feeling in it. Justin took a calming breath, and followed the bodyguard to talk to one of his least favorite people.


Bribes always welcome
Karrin Kind wrote:
Karrin took a deep breath and stepped into the sacred house.

The interior of the temple was quiet this Antipeak. The stained-glass windows were dark, and a few late-night parishoners were scattered like seeds along the lines of pews, each wrapped in a cloak of silent prayer.

The marble statue of Rao was surrounded by dozens of long-burning candles. Joss sticks of expensive incense fogged the air with exotic smoke. Above the bushy-bearded likeness is inscribed Rao's Creedo:

There is a time to think, and more rarely to act; but in that time, action is wisdom.

A few priests can be seen tending to their flock. The confessionals, small nooks with a folding screen decorated in heart designs stand over by the temple's extensive library wall.


Bribes always welcome
Justin Case wrote:

Apparently whatever passed for brains in Hendrick's head finished processing Justin's reply. Because there was a noticeable furrowing of the eyebrow this time. (Hendricks didn't actually have two eyebrows, Justin noticed. More like one small granite cliff.) The gargoyle lightly squeezed his hand that still rested on Justin's shoulder. Justin immediately hissed in pain.

"But since the act I came to see isn't on yet, and you asked SO nicely. Why not?" Justin forced out, still smiling through clenched teeth. Hendricks nodded once, dropped his hand and turned to lead the way.

"I need to introduce you to a friend of mine. Have you by any chance met a lady named Karrin? You both make a similar impression. Literally." Justin says wryly, shrugging his sore shoulder to restore feeling in it. Justin took a calming breath, and followed the bodyguard to talk to one of his least favorite people.

Whatever Hendricks thought of Justin's witticims, he kept to himself. He leads Justin over towards the VIP section of the Fallen Angel, his wide back hiding their destination.

Marconi sits ensconced at a large table, flanked by flunkies, flacks, and female companions. A brace of mean-looking kobolds and one skinny fire gensai stand at the sides of the table, eyeing Justin with flat, considering stares.

Marconi is dressed in an expensive suit, and his scaly skin glimmers with expensive unguents. He is fairly tall for a kobold, which is to say, not tall at all. Gems gleam on his clawed fingers and sparkle along the collar of his silken shirt. He gestures to Justin languidly as one of the hangers-on scurries out of their seat to make room for the gangly mage.

"Ah, Mr. Case. Fancy meeting you here. It seems Providence and the fates have saved me the effort of contacting you."

Marconi sips a golden fluid from a crystal fluted glass

"I was wondering if you were free to accept a comission. I understand you are adverse to taking my coin, but I thought perhaps you might be interested in this particular job."


Male Human (Athasian) Cleric 9
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Ekuur wrote:
...Charred Disciple Thelnarin and Disciple Qurresia (a young and significantly burn-scarred female half-elf), don your armor and bring your arms. We go to talk, but we do not wish to appear weak. Like the Sacred Flame, we must burn out this stain in our district."

The disciples nod and disappear into the back of the temple. Thelnarin and Qurresia return with some ill-fitting boiled leather garments and wooden staves.

"We are ready, master" They chorus

Ekuur looks them up and down appraisingly for a moment, then frowns. "I had forgotten we didn't have much when we founded the temple. A change of plans, I think. We will pay Pulgh a visit on the morrow. Today, we visit a friend.

"Gurdough, you will also come. We will need to close the temple for a bit, but it is necessary I think."

Once the temple has been closed up tight, Ekuur leads his three acolytes on a trip through the city. They unknowingly follow a path just recently taken by Isaac, and it isn't too long before the four end up at the Great Foundry. It has been a while since Ekuur was last here, so he begins asking around for his friend Hatahuatl.


Male Half-elf (Planar) Ranger 5/Rogue 2/Plane Walker 1
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Isaac wrote:
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

Ombidias occupies a small room near the polishing yards where he supervises namers beginning their journey on the Path to Apotheosis. Issac knocks and after a moment the door opens and the vodyakin's

homely seamed brown face peers out.

"Issac! What a pleasant surprise! Please, come in and refresh yourself. I was just sitting down to a pot of Elvish Star Valley tea if you have an urge for a cuppa."

Isaac claps his old foreman on the boulder-like shoulder and tries not to wince when he realizes why that was a bad idea.

"Oi, well met chief! I'd be glad teh share a drink if ye've a mind fer company. Reckoned I'd get lanned to the Chant here since I been Out of Town. How's the Cage held up without me, cutter? Namers gettin' along alright?"

Ombidias nods, and gestures for Issac to take a seat

"Training namers is a lot like polishing steel. Hard work, often repetitive, but the results are pleasing. I am always pleased to see one of my former charges making their way into the greater multiverse, expanding their souls and traveling farther along the path to Apotheosis."

The giant factor pours Issac a mug of tea dexterously, placing a sugar bowl in front of him and a pitcher of cream.

"How fares your path? You seem to have picked up a few scars since last I saw you."

"I keep to the path and try teh help others on theirs, like ye always said. Though I doubt I'm the type o' berk fer mentoring..."

Isaac stirs some of the cream into his tea and lets it sit. He exhales and stares into the ceiling a moment, trying to put what happened into perspective.

"Was just a tenth cycle by Cager reckoning, but it feels like a lifetime we've been out o' Town. It started when some Khaasta were siphonin' off beauty from hapless sods to sell for a heap o' jink. But they cocked up, right, when they went after a top-shelf basher named Tiandra and she enlisted us teh help put a halt teh that bit o' villainy...

Isaac launches into the account of stopping the khaasta, putting himself "in charge", learning of Maanzecorian's demise, the sickness of Yggdrasil, saving the elves' home, Nari's reincarnation, Ekuur and Merle's new gifts and curing the World Ash.

"... ultimately, I reckoned that the darkest Darks I could bring ye were the Power's death and the World Ash's sickness, the undead fiends. Some foulness is stirrin' out there, Ombidias. I'd reckon the Factors and the Factol oughtta be lanned teh the Chant so's we can keep an eye out."


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
A few priests can be seen tending to their flock. The confessionals, small nooks with a folding screen decorated in heart designs stand over by the temple's extensive library wall.

Karrin quickly climbs into the confessional. Karrin was never entirely shore how to react to the priest in these things. Back at the monastery Karrin knew all the monks by voice alone so it never really mattered much if she could see them through the screen. She was the only female living up in that remote mountain priory so they instantly knew who she was but Karrin always understood that confessions were given in secret, but when you could see in the dark Karrin also wondered if it was actually only pretend secret. Either way she tried to ignore the divide.

"Forgive me father for I have sinned," Karrin says using the formulaic call and response that had been drilled into her head as a child, "It has been [exact number] of days since my last confession . . ."

Karrin then proceeds to list the entire litany of sin, wonderfully categorized, and in nearly perfect chronological order. Karrin pauses only to give her side explanations.

"And that's about everything," Karrin finally says, "So what do you think? What's the damage?"


Human Wiz 8

LOL! Is it wrong to feel bad for an NPC? Because I feel SO sorry for Karrin's confessor about now!

Dungeon Monkey wrote:


Marconi sits ensconced at a large table, flanked by flunkies, flacks, and female companions. A brace of mean-looking kobolds and one skinny fire gensai stand at the sides of the table, eyeing Justin with flat, considering stares.

Justin raises his chin in greeting. His gaze lingers a moment on the gensai's flaming hair. He can't help himself.

"Nice haircut." he says politely, straight-faced.

Dungeon Monkey wrote:


Marconi is dressed in an expensive suit, and his scaly skin glimmers with expensive unguents. He is fairly tall for a kobold, which is to say, not tall at all. Gems gleam on his clawed fingers and sparkle along the collar of his silken shirt. He gestures to Justin languidly as one of the hangers-on scurries out of their seat to make room for the gangly mage.

"Ah, Mr. Case. Fancy meeting you here. It seems Providence and the fates have saved me the effort of contacting you."

Marconi sips a golden fluid from a crystal fluted glass

"I was wondering if you were free to accept a comission. I understand you are adverse to taking my coin, but I thought perhaps you might be interested in this particular job."

Justin eyes Marconi as the group eyes him flatly. If Hendricks suit was worth a months wages, then Marconi's was worth three. If he ever had three months that good. He gave up trying to appraise the doorknobs masquerading as rings the kobold crimelord was wearing. And he was willing to bet that whatever the insane little lizard was drinking was worth more than he spent on food in a week. Justin made tiny shooing motions as the hanger-on left the table to make room. As much as he loved getting Marconi's goat, (Which didn't happen nearly as often as he wished) this wasn't the time or the place to pick a fight. Especially since his fights tended to end up involving burning buildings. He sat down.

"Now Macaroni, you know that's not true!" Justin smiled pleasantly, helping himself to what he hoped was a grape from a platter on the table.
"I have no problems with taking your money. I'm just adverse to where you get it from." He finishes, popping the grape into his mouth. He chews while smiling.

"Look, not to be rude, (As surprising as that might be) but I've been out of town on a case for a while. I just got back in. I'm tired, sore, and really looking forward to a show and a few drinks. And you've already pointed out that I have an allergy to working for certain types of people. So, let's cut to the chase shall we? What's so important that you can't wait until tomorrow's office hours?" Justin says, the too-big polite smile still plastered firmly in place.


Bribes always welcome
Karrin Kind wrote:
"And that's about everything," Karrin finally says, "So what do you think? What's the damage?"

The canon behind the separated screen harumphs a bit, then speaks

"My child, are you truly repentant of your sins? The only true 'damage' is to your bond with Rao, and your path to serenity. "

The canon sighs

"To balance this accounting you have confided in me I would charge you with five decades of the Serenity Beads. I would also charge you to read aloud a passage of The Book of Incarum every evening for a tenth-cycle. Go forth and sin no more my child."


Bribes always welcome
Justin Case wrote:
"Look, not to be rude, (As surprising as that might be) but I've been out of town on a case for a while. I just got back in. I'm tired, sore, and really looking forward to a show and a few drinks. And you've already pointed out that I have an allergy to working for certain types of people. So, let's cut to the chase shall we? What's so important that you can't wait until tomorrow's office hours?" Justin says, the too-big polite smile still plastered firmly in place.

Marconi's toughs frown, but Marconi makes a subtle gesture and they settle back. The genasi narrows his luminous eyes and walks a small ball of fire back and forth over his knuckles

"Oh, I was planning on inquiring as to your availabilty tomorrow, but you landed on my doorstep, so to speak. I have an interest in this fine establishment."

Marconi smiles, the effect like an alligator sighting a tasty treat nearby

"I have an interest in many of the properties hereabouts."

Marconi sips his drink again

"However, it would be rude of me to interrupt your well-deserved night on the town after your long trip to Yggdrasil. I know Skyy is dancing soon, I wouldn't want you to miss that. She does put on quite a show."

He looks at Justin

"There has been a lot of disquiet lately, especially in the Lower Ward. Many of my associates have disappeared or been slain under less-than-explainable circumstances. I do not like unexplainable circumstances. If you are willing, I would like you to investigate the area of Ragpicker's Square. I can give you a list of contacts, and I am certain your innate skill will turn up information that my people have been unable to."


Bribes always welcome
Isaac wrote:
"... ultimately, I reckoned that the darkest Darks I could bring ye were the Power's death and the World Ash's sickness, the undead fiends. Some foulness is stirrin' out there, Ombidias. I'd reckon the Factors and the Factol oughtta be lanned teh the Chant so's we can keep an eye out."

Ombidias listen's to Issac's chant, face grave. At the end he rumbles a bit in his throat and speaks

"This is an interesting tale you tell. I believe the most interesting part is this manifestation of undead fiends."

He hesitates, then speaks again

"Just the fact that fiends can be fashioned into undead speaks of a grave perversion of the Grand Cycle of Ascension. Even fiends, in their own evil way, make their way along the Left-Handed Path in accordance to their souls' destiny. Having already ascended from mortality, they should be immune from the foul stagnancy of undeath."

Ombidias' brown eyes look deep into Issac's own

"I think that you discovered this for a reason Issac. something foul stirs among the roots of the Multiverse. We have been aware of ripples of disquiet in the order of things. Why not two cycles ago there was the unexpectedly-early Modron March. Now you bring word of a power being slain. We have heard of two other beings of high ascended status discarnating recently. Something is about assasinating beings normally above such mortal concerns."

Ombidias sips his tea thoughtfully

"Keep your eyes open Issac. I have a feeling you have not heard the last of this matter. I shall bring these darks to the attention of the Factor's Council."


Bribes always welcome
Ekuur wrote:
Once the temple has been closed up tight, Ekuur leads his three acolytes on a trip through the city. They unknowingly follow a path just recently taken by Isaac, and it isn't too long before the four end up at the Great Foundry. It has been a while since Ekuur was last here, so he begins asking around for his friend Hatahuatl.

Ekuur and his three charges head out into the foggy Sigil night. Fortunately, the Lower Ward where Hatahuatl keeps his shop is not too far a journey from the Temple District.

The four travel through Swordhold, a hive of mercenaries and Doomguard. Packs of Doomguard namers swagger along the dirty boulevard, acting as if they own the streets.

Alehouse Row brings them into the Great Foundry District. The wall of taverns and carousing Cagers fall behind them as they approach the immense smoke-belching complex that houses the Godsmen's faction headquarters. Surrounding the Great Foundry proper are the individual smithy shops. Hatahuatl has a shop along a street named Quenchiron Row called the Fiery Mekillot. A sign swings in the dark air with a rendition of that giant lizard, surrounded by a nimbus of flame.

Hatahuatl's shop looks closed for the evening, the wide door closed. However, the upper floor has a window alight.


Female catfolk sorceror 9

After the meal Merle walks Skrint home. "It was a nice meal thanks for taking me."


Male Human (Athasian) Cleric 9

Ekuur steps forward and pounds on the door. He calls up towards the window, but not many folks around would understand.

Athasian Common

Spoiler:

"So I thought the Cage's best smith would still be open. And I know the Godsmen never sleep, so I must have the wrong place."

Ekuur laughs, a booming sound not often heard pass his lips.

Athasian Common

Spoiler:

"And yet, with a name like the Fiery Mekillot, how could I not be in the right shop? The Sacred Flame would approve, Hatahuatl. Do you mind an intrusion from an old friend at this late hour?"


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Karrin Kind wrote:
"And that's about everything," Karrin finally says, "So what do you think? What's the damage?"

The canon behind the separated screen harumphs a bit, then speaks

"My child, are you truly repentant of your sins? The only true 'damage' is to your bond with Rao, and your path to serenity. "

"Totally! I was feeling bad about some of that stuff even as I was doing it."

Dungeon Monkey wrote:

The canon sighs

"To balance this accounting you have confided in me I would charge you with five decades of the Serenity Beads. I would also charge you to read aloud a passage of The Book of Incarum every evening for a tenth-cycle. Go forth and sin no more my child."

"I got the Incarum memorized! I can recite it from heart. I was told to read that a lot as a kid you see. And I promise to try really hard not to sin again, but I think me and Rao knows that ain't gonna happen, there's just to many pit falls in my line of work, and I know Rao wouldn't want me to stop helping people . . . speaking of which, five decades of the Serenity Beads is kind of a lot, could I maybe do a special boon or request for the temple instead? I'm not trying to bargain my way out of anything but I was thinking that nothing says repentant quite like some pro bono work for the church."

Taldor

Male hu-man Paladin

I should point out that I was sort of hoping that Karrin and Ekuur might team up in taking out the idiots that are shaking down folks in the temple district. Karrin and Ekuur are probably the two most religious characters in the group and really Karrin and Ekuur haven't had much of a chance to bond yet. Might be a good opportunity for them.


Male Half-elf (Planar) Ranger 5/Rogue 2/Plane Walker 1
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Isaac wrote:
"... ultimately, I reckoned that the darkest Darks I could bring ye were the Power's death and the World Ash's sickness, the undead fiends. Some foulness is stirrin' out there, Ombidias. I'd reckon the Factors and the Factol oughtta be lanned teh the Chant so's we can keep an eye out."

Ombidias listen's to Issac's chant, face grave. At the end he rumbles a bit in his throat and speaks

"This is an interesting tale you tell. I believe the most interesting part is this manifestation of undead fiends."

He hesitates, then speaks again

"Just the fact that fiends can be fashioned into undead speaks of a grave perversion of the Grand Cycle of Ascension. Even fiends, in their own evil way, make their way along the Left-Handed Path in accordance to their souls' destiny. Having already ascended from mortality, they should be immune from the foul stagnancy of undeath."

Ombidias' brown eyes look deep into Issac's own

"I think that you discovered this for a reason Issac. something foul stirs among the roots of the Multiverse. We have been aware of ripples of disquiet in the order of things. Why not two cycles ago there was the unexpectedly-early Modron March. Now you bring word of a power being slain. We have heard of two other beings of high ascended status discarnating recently. Something is about assasinating beings normally above such mortal concerns."

Ombidias sips his tea thoughtfully

"Keep your eyes open Issac. I have a feeling you have not heard the last of this matter. I shall bring these darks to the attention of the Factor's Council."

Isaac arches his eyebrows.

"What other Powers are in the deadbook?"


Human Wiz 8
Dungeon Monkey wrote:


Marconi's toughs frown, but Marconi makes a subtle gesture and they settle back. The genasi narrows his luminous eyes and walks a small ball of fire back and forth over his knuckles

"Oh, I was planning on inquiring as to your availabilty tomorrow, but you landed on my doorstep, so to speak. I have an interest in this fine establishment."

Marconi smiles, the effect like an alligator sighting a tasty treat nearby

"I have an interest in many of the properties hereabouts."

Marconi sips his drink again

Justin wanted to laugh. The Avian-swallowed-the-Feline smirk should look ridiculous on the oversized gecko. It didn't. It sent a chill down Justin's spine, and the mage struggled to suppress a shiver.

Dungeon Monkey wrote:


"However, it would be rude of me to interrupt your well-deserved night on the town after your long trip to Yggdrasil. I know Skyy is dancing soon, I wouldn't want you to miss that. She does put on quite a show."

He looks at Justin

Justin kept his face carefully sculpted into it's usual knowing smirk. He wasn't surprised that the kobold knew about him and Skyy, it wasn't like he had tried to keep it secret. He wasn't surprised the lizard knew he had been to the World Tree. He was pretty sure it was known, if not public, before they even left. What bothered him was the knowing gleam in the reptilian eye. It hinted that he knew far more details about their trip than he should. And far too soon after just reporting in. The mage resisted the urge to check and make sure the artifact was safe. Justin knew that that Marconi was steadily increasing his holdings, he was, among a lot of illegal things, an excellent business-creature. But just many pies DID the slimy little lizard have his claws in anyway?!?

Dungeon Monkey wrote:


"There has been a lot of disquiet lately, especially in the Lower Ward. Many of my associates have disappeared or been slain under less-than-explainable circumstances. I do not like unexplainable circumstances. If you are willing, I would like you to investigate the area of Ragpicker's Square. I can give you a list of contacts, and I am certain your innate skill will turn up information that my people have been unable to."

Justin snorted. "There's always disquiet in the Lower Ward." But the fact that Marconi was asking him to investigate was telling. The little lizard was many things, but going to others for help wasn't one of his usual traits. The kobold was different from others of his kind. He was calm and methodical where the race was usually excitable and spur-of-the-moment. Rumor had it that when he was starting out, the kobold took care of his own 'dirty work' rather than relying on others for muscle. He had once told Justin that he took care of his own business in house, and didn't care to let others become involved.

So why in Sigil's seamy underside was the dragonbait asking him to look into this?!? Justin had to admit, he was curious. And the knowing tic of the kobold's mouth told him that Marconi knew it too. Justin leaned back, staying casual.

"So IF I was available, why do you need me? If people are dying or disappearing, why haven't you gone to the hardhats? Oh right! Because you don't want them poking around and finding out what these people were doing when they got vanished. Hard to run an illegal business with the law crawling all over it I would imagine." Justin says pleasantly.

Justin drums his fingers on the table. He does NOT want the little gecko telling everyone that Justin worked for him. On the street that would quickly translate into 'Marconi's hired thug' being tattooed on his forehead. But if people were being hurt, even if they worked for the lizard, he couldn't just sit back and do nothing. He frowned slightly as he contemplated.

"Sorry. Can't do it. All booked up. And I told you before, you can't afford me." Justin tells the kobold with a flat look.

"However, since I'm such a nice guy, and your obviously in need of good help," Justin deliberately did NOT look around at the toughs, "I might be able to help you out. I know of a good, reputable office that handles things like this. Discretely. If people are in trouble, I'd be happy to take them your information and see if they would be willing to take your case." Justin smiles pleasantly, and holds out his hand for the small vellum scroll lying on the table between Marconi's claws.


Bribes always welcome
Merle Barer wrote:
After the meal Merle walks Skrint home. "It was a nice meal thanks for taking me."

Skrint smailes

'Always a pleasure Merle. Would you like to go out for some drinks?"


Bribes always welcome
Ekuur wrote:

Ekuur steps forward and pounds on the door. He calls up towards the window, but not many folks around would understand.

Athasian Common** spoiler omitted **

Ekuur laughs, a booming sound not often heard pass his lips.

Athasian Common** spoiler omitted **

A window is thrown open on the upper floor and a deep voice booms out:

Athasian:

Spoiler:
"Ho, what rogue bellows at my door like a stuck sygra! One moment, water brother, and I shall get you inside."

A minute later, the front door opens to reveal Hatahuatl, dressed in a long fur robe.

Athasian:

Spoiler:
'what can I do for you at this later hour friend Ekuur?"


Bribes always welcome
Guy Humual wrote:
I should point out that I was sort of hoping that Karrin and Ekuur might team up in taking out the idiots that are shaking down folks in the temple district. Karrin and Ekuur are probably the two most religious characters in the group and really Karrin and Ekuur haven't had much of a chance to bond yet. Might be a good opportunity for them.

I had actually contemplated that, but I had figured Pulgh wasn't a big-enough player to threaten Rao's temple. However ...

The canon hesitates, then his voice floats through the screen.

"From your confession, I judge that you are an adventurer. Perhaps there is something you can do for Rao's church. There is an evil man who makes his living terrifying the devout of many faiths. He disturbs the serenity of our flock, and he causes havok amongst our allies in the district, especially those with smaller temples. Would you perhaps be interested in showing him the error of his ways?"


Bribes always welcome
Isaac wrote:

Isaac arches his eyebrows.

"What other Powers are in the deadbook?"

Ombidias looks solemn

"A minor god named Camaxtli was unaccountably slain. His priesthood suddenly were not being granted spells. Inquiries into his realm revealed it was in the process of evaporating."

Ombidias sips his steaming tea, then continues

"A minor elemental power named Bwimb also was penned in the dead book. She was the lord of the Paraelemental Plane of Ooze. I say minor power, but she commanded a plane nonetheless, no matter how minor."

Ombidias pauses

"It is no easy thing to scrag an elemental lord, let alone a god. Both must be done in the home territory of the divine being for it to take, the very seat of their power. If you kill a god outside their realm, you kill only an avatar. The god will suffer a power loss, but will remain living."


Bribes always welcome
Justin Case wrote:

"Sorry. Can't do it. All booked up. And I told you before, you can't afford me." Justin tells the kobold with a flat look.

"However, since I'm such a nice guy, and your obviously in need of good help," Justin deliberately did NOT look around at the toughs, "I might be able to help you out. I know of a good, reputable office that handles things like this. Discretely. If people are in trouble, I'd be happy to take them your information and see if they would be willing to take your case." Justin smiles pleasantly, and holds out his hand for the small vellum scroll lying on the table between Marconi's claws.

Justin can feel the temperature at the table drop a few degrees. Marconi doesn't say anything, but his smile dims a bit

"That is a shame. Still, I am not too surprised."

He pockets the small parchment scroll

"Don't bother yourself with finding me help. I am quite able to do it on my own. I will no longer delay you from your amusements. Good evening."

Hendricks moves behind Justin and pulls his chair out from the table.

I had forgotten you had named the gargoyle 'Horace'. Should we go back to that?


Female catfolk sorceror 9
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Merle Barer wrote:
After the meal Merle walks Skrint home. "It was a nice meal thanks for taking me."

Skrint smailes

'Always a pleasure Merle. Would you like to go out for some drinks?"

"Sure." Merle smiling


Male Human (Athasian) Cleric 9
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Ekuur wrote:

Ekuur steps forward and pounds on the door. He calls up towards the window, but not many folks around would understand.

Athasian Common** spoiler omitted **

Ekuur laughs, a booming sound not often heard pass his lips.

Athasian Common** spoiler omitted **

A window is thrown open on the upper floor and a deep voice booms out:

Athasian: ** spoiler omitted **

A minute later, the front door opens to reveal Hatahuatl, dressed in a long fur robe.

Athasian: ** spoiler omitted **

Ekuur steps forward and quickly embraces the large half-giant. He switches back to the Planar Trade tongue, so that his disciples may follow. "It is good to see you, my friend. There are so few of our people here.

"I am very sorry to disturb you at this late time, Hatahuatl. We have a little bit of a problem that we must deal with tomorrow, but I have neglected my disciples here to the point that they are a bit underequipped. I, of course, came to the best smith in the planes. Can you help us?"

Ekuur would like to purchase each of them a breastplate, and then a weapon of their choosing (whatever they feel most comfortable using; of course, this particular religion's favored weapon is the trikal, so they should have proficiency in that as well as simple weapons :-)).

11,301 to 11,350 of 12,197 << first < prev | 222 | 223 | 224 | 225 | 226 | 227 | 228 | 229 | 230 | 231 | 232 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.