Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company

Game Master Patrick Curtin

This campaign is my attempt to play a canonical Planescape campaign using the updated Pathfinder ruleset. The game actually predates the release of Pathfinder, but we have managed to update as we have needed.


10,901 to 10,950 of 12,139 << first < prev | 214 | 215 | 216 | 217 | 218 | 219 | 220 | 221 | 222 | 223 | 224 | next > last >>

female elan Psion (Kineticist) 9

"It looks like Seph is back. I guess you were right about him being able to handle the situation himself," she said to Merle as the movements of the dance slowed for a moment. "We should have him join us. The gentleman in the red tunic has been looking like he wants to ask you for a dance, and I don't mind dancing with Seph if you don't mind."


Female catfolk sorceror 9

"Sure" Merle breaks off from Nari


female elan Psion (Kineticist) 9

With Merle's agreement, Nari makes her way to the side of the dance floor where Seph was sitting. She curtsied politely and held out her hand. "May I have this dance?" she asked Seph.


male Catfolk

"Oh uh yeah of course....." He takes the offerd hand "....Ive uh never actually danced before though." He admits


female elan Psion (Kineticist) 9

She smiled encouragingly. "Don't worry about it. It's not as if anyone is going to scold us for getting the steps wrong. Just follow my lead and have fun. The rest of it is just practice."


Human Wiz 8

Justin is a little surprised. But only a little.

He stands up straighter as the Lady moves closer. (The small smirk never, quite, leaves though.)

"My lady, NOW I am truly flattered. I will confess to ulterior motives my self. It is extremely difficult not to be attracted to you. And not just because of your natural gifts of beauty and grace."

He looks straight into the lady's eyes, as if seeing something besides her usual hypnotic beauty.

"You are clearly a powerful, strong-willed woman, who has lead her people through a difficult and trying time. And you obviously care much for your people. How can one not be attracted to someone like that?" He says sincerely, kissing her hand gently once more.

"And I, for one, wholeheartedly endorse customs that remind one that they must go on living, and use the pain of their loss as motivation for a better future, and not fall into despair. I would be honored to share this night with you. And usher in the New Age of Lauralie with a proper celebration."

His eyes suddenly dance and sparkle with mischief once more.

"Besides, as a Proxy of the Lady, I am sure there is much you could educate me about. And I have ever been a sucker for knowledge,..." He grins faux-innocently,...

Justin thinks he's such a Play-ahh! ;P


male Catfolk

Seph nods and follows Nari's lead


Bribes always welcome
Seph Barer wrote:
Seph nods and follows Nari's lead

Nari and Seph whirl out onto the dance floor. The two are smiled at and given passage through the throng of dancers to the center, which opens up for them.

Merle is invited to dance by a smiling Hanalindrim man in a scarlet uniform piped with gold striping and epaulets. A checked red and black kilt hangs at knee level as he leads her out to dance.


Bribes always welcome

Lady Meralindiel smiles and takes Justin by the hand. She leads him to a section of books and pulls a small wall sconce. The books swing open to reveal a small cosy bedchamber hidden in the tower's side

"I often read far into the night, and I occasionally desire a rest. Now I desire something else"

Meralindiel kisses Justin and the two fall into the soft silken bed together

and fade to black


Bribes always welcome
Ekuur wrote:

As the flames enveloping him begin to die and his intonations to the Sacred Flame end, Ekuur lowers his arms. He spies a small flowering plant nearby, sporting orange and yellow blossoms the color of flame. Sprinkling some ground gemstone powder over and saying one last prayer, the small plant suddenly is engulfed in flame. Strangely, however, the fire gives no heat, nor does it consume the vibrant plant.

A gift, and memento of our journey. Farewell, Lauralia, it has been an honor. We shall see each other again, I am certain. After his farewell, Ekuur leaves the garden and begins heading back to his room.

The spell is just continual flame, of course, which I'll say he memorized as part of his earlier prayers.

Sounds good

Lauralia eminates an aura of contentment as She rustles her new leaves

::I have a final gift for you, Bearer::

Ekuur's eyes are drawn by some impulse to look by the freshly turned earth at Lauralia's roots. On the ground is a leaf-shaped brooch of teal jade the exact shade of one of Lauralia's own leaves.

::Should you ever need to heal a friend, place this leaf upon them and all their hurts up until recent death will be healed::

this brooch will allow you to Raise Dead or completely heal someone once


Male Human (Athasian) Cleric 9
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Ekuur wrote:

As the flames enveloping him begin to die and his intonations to the Sacred Flame end, Ekuur lowers his arms. He spies a small flowering plant nearby, sporting orange and yellow blossoms the color of flame. Sprinkling some ground gemstone powder over and saying one last prayer, the small plant suddenly is engulfed in flame. Strangely, however, the fire gives no heat, nor does it consume the vibrant plant.

A gift, and memento of our journey. Farewell, Lauralia, it has been an honor. We shall see each other again, I am certain. After his farewell, Ekuur leaves the garden and begins heading back to his room.

The spell is just continual flame, of course, which I'll say he memorized as part of his earlier prayers.

Sounds good

Lauralia eminates an aura of contentment as She rustles her new leaves

::I have a final gift for you, Bearer::

Ekuur's eyes are drawn by some impulse to look by the freshly turned earth at Lauralia's roots. On the ground is a leaf-shaped brooch of teal jade the exact shade of one of Lauralia's own leaves.

::Should you ever need to heal a friend, place this leaf upon them and all their hurts up until recent death will be healed::

this brooch will allow you to Raise Dead or completely heal someone once

Ekuur reaches down and picks up the brooch. My thanks, once again. I will treasure this experience always. Until we meet again, my friend.


Male Half-elf (Planar) Ranger 5/Rogue 2/Plane Walker 1
Karrin Kind wrote:
"Hey Isaac," Karrin shouts when she spies him, "There you are, did you get your fill and stuff? We got to hit the road pretty soon and there's no telling when we can get grub this good again. Lots of folks are dancing as well but I figure you wouldn't be up for something like that cause you're one of them tough as nails mercenaries and don't go for dancing . . . that's why you're in the hallway right?"

Isaac walks over to Karrin so she doesn't have to shout... quite as much. He shrugs.

"Just takin' the air, cutter. Ain't had much chance to see what the Prime's all about; all them twinkling things in the sky are a fine sight, like gettin' hipped in a cave full o' fireflies...", Isaac says, glossing over some details of what exactly went down at the top of the tower and smothering the glum feeling that had come over him.
Bluff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

"... but a blood can be a top-shelf knight o' the post and still dance the San'Serai. C'mon, we can show these high born types how their cousins dance further up the Ash."
Isaac does a pronounced bow, offering the lady his hand.


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade

Karrin smiles a bit quicker then she intended, she had convinced herself that she'd needed to manipulate the half-elf into dancing with her, but somehow he'd already had his mind on it.

Karrin isn't the wisest of people so I won't even bother with that sense motive :P

"Well if you think you can teach me," Karrin sighs, "The footwork is all different then fighting, and I'm used to cutting angles rather then following leads, I hope you won't mind if I bump into you a bit or step on your toes too much. I mean I know some stuff and all but I never spent much time dancing."


Male Half-elf (Planar) Ranger 5/Rogue 2/Plane Walker 1

"The basic steps are simple- the thing about this one is coves can add all kinds o' flourishes and extra bits based on where they call kip and the occasion. We can practice on th' edge o' the floor where we won't knock into any unsuspectin' sods... when I'm through with you, wallflower, ye'll be Queen o' the Sensate's Ball."

Isaac leads back into the hall, looking for a pocket away from the other dancers where the floor's a little clear.

"Right, so yer right hand goes on my hip here, yer left on my shoulder. I do the same, so we're symcentrical, right? I lead left, like that- step, pause, step, pause, pivot, step, step. Second time we do that-on the pivot see?- we each step back, arms out and our palms touch. Holding palms together, you step left and so do I.... little further, so your head's just over my shoulder. Then we step right, same way, and resume position but now your right's on my hip and left's on my shoulder so it's switched. I lead right... my right... and we start it again."


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade

"Ah ha!" Karrin smiles, "Piece of cake so far. Where'd you learn this stuff Isaac? I never got much dancing done at the monastery despite all those possible partners. You know the monks were supposed to be celibate and all but there's nothing wrong with dancing in my mind . . . aaaaand there were quite a few romance novels hidden away in the library and that had all kinds of dancing and kissing in it. I know for a fact that my father, well my adopted father, but my real father to me Kron the Kind didn't enter the monastery as a boy like some of the others. You know from what I could piece together he was sent there as some sort of punishment for something really wicked at some point in his life but he kind of took the monastery life and all but he might have had adventures and stuff like us before joining up. I think that's why he was more understanding of things, you know, cuz he lived before. And I think that's why I left the monastery, well party cuz I'm not a man and couldn't really join, but mainly because I wouldn't want to live that kind of lifestyle and stuff. You know reading about dancing isn't as fun as actually doing it . . ."

"Whoops," Karrin laughs as she "accidentally" brushes against Isaac, "Well that sort of thing doesn't happen very often anyways. Let's try that again and I'll try to listen a bit more carefully this time. I am kind of thick you know."


Male Half-elf (Planar) Ranger 5/Rogue 2/Plane Walker 1

"Between my mum and ladyfriends over the years I started teh tumble to it. Lots o' berks just stand on the side when cutters start to two-step and I always thought it was a bit addled. I'd reckon not a man or woman alive had said,"That berk coolin' his heels like he's above it all is who I want teh take me home." Even if ye spend half the night fallin' on yer arse and the other half on some other sod's toes, at least ye tried. And if ye can rattle yer bonebox like yer still havin' a good time ye might not need top-shelf moves at all."

On the next switch, Isaac adds quietly.
"And don't give me that 'kind of thick' screed, basher. That's a Slaad's Promise and we both know it. Next time ye want to dance- just ask, right?"


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade

Karrin's expression changes, she becomes somewhat thoughtful, allowing the gleeful vacant look she usually sports to slide off her face slightly.

"Well you know Isaac," Karrin says somewhat thoughtfully, "I know we're teammates and all, but we're both half breeds, and here you're kind of the right mix to be kind of pitied, but I'm kind of the sort that gets scorned everywhere. I wasn't sure if you wanted to dance with me here is all. I figured if I came at you with the whole you not wanting to dance because you were a tough as nails mercenary you could run with that and save us both some embarrassment.

"But seriously Isaac," Karrin says as her mischievous smile slips snaps into place, "If I really wanted to dance I don't think there's anything you could do to stop me. I am faster and stronger then you!"

Course what Karrin isn't factoring in is Isaac could stand behind a potted plant and she'd never spot him.


Male Half-elf (Planar) Ranger 5/Rogue 2/Plane Walker 1

Isaac barks a derisive laugh.
"Hah! Berks give me that screed and they can take a short stick an' pike it. And until they break out the pitchforks, I'd reckon you should say the same. Some leatherhead's ignorance won't stop me from doin' what I like. Besides, I'm somethin' new around this burg, not another half-elf in sight. And seein' as we're big damn heroes besides, I wouldn't give it space in yer brainbox. Probably all taken up by food, anyhow."


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade

"That is true," Karrin nods, "I ate till I was filled to my ears at least."


Female catfolk sorceror 9
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Seph Barer wrote:
Seph nods and follows Nari's lead

Nari and Seph whirl out onto the dance floor. The two are smiled at and given passage through the throng of dancers to the center, which opens up for them.

Merle is invited to dance by a smiling Hanalindrim man in a scarlet uniform piped with gold striping and epaulets. A checked red and black kilt hangs at knee level as he leads her out to dance.

Merle happily takes the offer of another dance.


Bribes always welcome

OK, I am almost certain everyone has had their chit chat? Are we ready to segue into tomorrow and leaving Hanalia ?

EDIT: If anyone, Rhiannon, Karrin/Issac or Merle and Nari want to keep spinning the roleplay, by all means. I am actually going to be very busy these next few days, so I am not sure of my typing in. I will wait until everyone is satisfied they got to do all they wanted.


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade

Karrin is pretty much done, I mean she's bound to babble on and on as she often does, and she's likely to dance as long as Isaac is interested, but I don't think we need to RP that out. Suffice to say they probably get along swimmingly and have a good time. I'm happy to keep RPing but I don't think Karrin has anything else interesting to add at this juncture but if Isaac has anything he'd like to bring up I'd be happy to play Karrin off of his lead.

On a side note I thought we were just having breakfast as the tree planting ceremony took place in the early morning hours and then the group was going to leave after their meal. I seem to have misread something somewhere.


Male Half-elf (Planar) Ranger 5/Rogue 2/Plane Walker 1

I haven't got much more to add. Should I assume our new-fangled equipment will be bought in Sigil or that we've had time to get everything here?


Bribes always welcome

You can assume everything you need you git here. You have unfinished business on Yggdrasil, remember. As for the timing, I figured Meralindiel would want to throw abig shindig. That and during the busy ass year I've had I kinda let loose ends dangle. ;). Ok if no one steps up for anything else I'll find done time to post this weekend, likely Sunday


female elan Psion (Kineticist) 9

Ready to move on here. Just going to update equipment list.


Human Wiz 8

ACK! So far behind! I think I'm officially behind updating my pc's in almost every thread I'm in! (Stoopid RL, messin' with my play time!)


Bribes always welcome
Justin Case wrote:
ACK! So far behind! I think I'm officially behind updating my pc's in almost every thread I'm in! (Stoopid RL, messin' with my play time!)

Oh I know that song and dance >.<


Human Wiz 8
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Justin Case wrote:
ACK! So far behind! I think I'm officially behind updating my pc's in almost every thread I'm in! (Stoopid RL, messin' with my play time!)
Oh I know that song and dance >.<

Yeah. I thought the tune was catchy at first. But after a while it starts to grate. ;P


Bribes always welcome

OK, here we go

The next day dawns bright. The various party members wake and prepare themselves. Some are more tired than others. They collect in the courtyard around Lauralia and the flaming plant Ekuur left as a token of his reverence.

Lady Meralindiel appears after a while and addresses them.

"Thank you all again for all you have done. Although the Winter Queen and her Morkarthau have been defeated, we will have years of war against her hordes. Hopefully, we will free our world from its eternal winter. Go with my blessing."

Lauralia's leaves shiver. She has grown to an impressive twenty feet overnight, and now looks as if she has been in place for decades.

::If you are ready, I will send you back to my Mother::

I am assuming no objections

Phaumee walks up to Issac and clasps his arm

Sylvan:

Spoiler:
"Farethee well brother-in-spirit. Come visit if the road takes you back"

A few others gather to wish them bonvoyage. Lauralia's leaves rustle as if a strong wind was blowing, though the air is still

::Farewell Silver Rose::

The party feels a moment of timeless stretching as they travel between realms of existance. They suddenly find themselves back on the massively furrowed bark of Yggdrasil, where they had departed.

Actions??


Female catfolk sorceror 9

Look around the worldtree. "Guess we better get moving then?" Merle suggests


Human Wiz 8

Justin looks back, as if trying to see where they just came from one last time. The look on his face is almost wistful.

He turns back to the others with his usual smirk firmly back in place.

"Sounds like a plan. That infection site isn't going to cure itself! And the quicker we get done, the quicker we can go,... back to Sigil."

He looks momentarily befuddled. But shakes it off and hikes his re-stocked backpack up on his shoulders before falling in line with the others.

And Justin gets the first inkling that maybe Sigil IS his new 'home'. ;P


Male Half-elf (Planar) Ranger 5/Rogue 2/Plane Walker 1

"Aye, back on the job. Let's find our way back up.", Isaac says, taking the lead up the tree back toward the ratatosk hollow and the infection.


Male Human (Athasian) Cleric 9

"Yes, home sounds good. We have been gone far too long. Now that we have the chrysagmir, I am sure it will be a simple matter to cure the infection," Ekuur says, without a hint of irony in his voice.


Human Wiz 8

"I hope your right big guy." Justin murmurs as he adjusts his new coat and follows Isaac.


Male Half-elf (Planar) Ranger 5/Rogue 2/Plane Walker 1

Isaac doesn't look back, but quietly says,"Rule of Three."


Bribes always welcome

The group travels along the worn path between two bark ridges

1d6 ⇒ 3

Although it has only been three days since they took the portal, it seems like forever Don't it though!

The sunless blue sky seems to be just starting its day, and they make quick time towards the Ratatosk hutch.

Two hours laer, they arrive at the disguised entryway. A trio of armed Ratatosk appear, hold the group in place with their spears leveled while Glittereye is fetched.

The ancient squirrel seems to have aged precipitously in the last few days. His voice is much more querilous than before.

"You have returned. This is good. We have little time now. Go to the Warpwood, quickly. Our nest here is roiling with negativity. Time is of the essence, Heal our Mother, I beg you."

He points to a small hollow in the wood a distance off

"Your mounts have been cared for, and await you there."


Human Wiz 8

Justin doesn't talk much as they travel, seeming to save his energy for keeping up with the deceptively swift pace of their fearless leader(s).

He bobs a slight bow of agreement as Glittereye encourages them to haste, noting the elder rodents new weakness with a keen eye.

"What's happened here while we were gone?" HE murmurs to Isaac as they turn towards the Warpwood.

Justin saves the rest of his breath for keeping up with the others once again as they make haste.


Male Half-elf (Planar) Ranger 5/Rogue 2/Plane Walker 1

Heeding Glitterey's words, Isaac pulls the Chrysagmir from his pack and leads the way out to the Warpwood. He frowns.
"Well, I'd reckon the Warpwood's growing. You and I can't feel it, cutter, 'cause we're not of the Tree. I grew up on Yggdrasil, but even I ain't got the connection the ratatosk feel to 'er. They call her Mother in a nearly literal sense- ye won't find their type anywhere else. Teh you and I, home's just where we call kip right? To the ratatosk (and plenty of other sods in different given planes) home is a fundamental part o' their being, Glittereye even more than others. As she worsens, it effects them. Hurts them... or changes them. She gets worse, well, the ratatosk won't be so friendly teh visitors at the very least."


Human Wiz 8

Justin purses his lips, nodding.

"Symbiotic relationship, alright. THAT at least makes sense. Sort of."

He clambers over a low branch, and ducks under another, noting irritably that Isaac and Karrin seem to be walking through without any trouble.


Bribes always welcome

The beetle mounts look the same as when the party left. They mount and head off to the Warpwood.

The seven-hour journey takes them to the expanse of rippled bark. They get a feeling of dread as they approach. The Warpwood doesn't seem to have expanded, but the sections of Yggdrasil surrounding it seem to have become more sickly. Bare patches of bark can be seen, and large webs and bore holes dot the World Tree's rough surface

1d6 ⇒ 4

As the party approaches the area ...

Any party actions before I forward the narrative?


Male Half-elf (Planar) Ranger 5/Rogue 2/Plane Walker 1

Isaac dismounts from his beetle and just stands for a moment, looking over the Warpwood and noting the change since last time around. He attempts to consider the underlying causes for the infection... and what may be attracted by its presence.

Perception: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31
Knowledge-Planes: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28


Bribes always welcome

1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18 Rilly?

ISSAC:

Spoiler:
The way Issac cyphers it, this Warpwood is some sort of Negative energy conduit, perhaps a planar rift of some sort . As such, it would attract evil, especially undead-types of evil. Negative energy is also very entropic in nature, and would likely attract the natural parasites that feed on and destroy Yggdrasil's physical body.

As for underlying causes? That is a corker. Something real vile and strong would be needed to taint the Big Bark with a negative energy rift. Issac doubts anyone with less mojo than an actual power would be able to carry it off at this scale.

As Issac ponders this, a movement catches his eye. Several misty shapes approach the group from the direction of the Warpwood, almost hidden by the natural fogginess the area seems cloaked in


Human Wiz 8

Justin dismounts, (eyeing his beetle-mount warily. They may be 'tame', but they are STILL big dang bugs to him!) And gazes out over the expanse of Warpwood.

"Ew, gives me the shivers just looking at it. Still, the presence of webs and bug holes isn't necessarily bad. Most of natures pests that feed off of diseased plant life is just natures way of clearing the infection and getting rid of the damaged wood. Right?" He asks, more hopeful than authoritative.


Male Half-elf (Planar) Ranger 5/Rogue 2/Plane Walker 1

"No, cutter. Definitely not. What we've got is a sodding conduit for negative energy. Likely some addle-coved Power left this behind. Entropy, bloods; it breaks down Yggdrasil, attracting parasites like what's in them holes....", Isaac begins authoritatively before sliding his greatsword from its sheathe on his back.

"... or the deaders or fiends in the mist comin' at us. Fill yer hands, bashers, and get yer spells ready. The Rule of Three says we got one more dust-up 'fore we can make everything Mr. Tinker if ye kennit and these berks aren't fixin' teh disappoint."


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade

Karrin hops off her beetle and activates her belt.

"Time to get fun sized!"

Don't feel bad Patrick, I'm almost 100% positive that Karrin wouldn't have seen that :D


Human Wiz 8

Justin groans, then smirks mirthlessly.

"Karrin, we need to have a serious talk about your idea of 'fun'!"

The wizard yanks out some arcane bric a brac, and begins drawing patterns in the air. The trails his hands leave begin to glow, then burst into flame. He finishes his arcane utterance, and the fiery sigil he drew in the air bursts apart, each of the tiny flecks of flame arcing towards his companions. The flame bits touch each of the others and fade with no obvious effect. But as the group begins to move, each finds him or herself moving much faster than usual.

Cast Haste on group, Thematic spell, so CL is 9. :) 9 rounds, +1 extra attack with full attack, +1 to AC & Ref save, +30' movement


Female catfolk sorceror 9

Merle takes the oppertunity to dismount and uses her wand of mage armour on herself and Seph


Bribes always welcome

I need a group initiative roll please

The foggy air is filled with unhuman screeches as indistinct half-hidden shapes appear out of the mist. Issac catches a glimpse of some sort of bizarre mask floating within the mass of one of the creatures. Two spindly claws bracket the mask


Male Half-elf (Planar) Ranger 5/Rogue 2/Plane Walker 1

Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 5


female elan Psion (Kineticist) 9

Nari draws her bow and she is briefly very shiny and sparkly as she manifests force screen.
+2 shield bonus to AC

10,901 to 10,950 of 12,139 << first < prev | 214 | 215 | 216 | 217 | 218 | 219 | 220 | 221 | 222 | 223 | 224 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.