Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company

Game Master Patrick Curtin

This campaign is my attempt to play a canonical Planescape campaign using the updated Pathfinder ruleset. The game actually predates the release of Pathfinder, but we have managed to update as we have needed.


10,401 to 10,450 of 12,242 << first < prev | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | next > last >>

Male Human (Athasian) Cleric 9
Isaac wrote:
Ekuur wrote:
Don't forget the bonuses from the prayer spell!
Yeah, because a 30 might not be enough!

Well, I was referring more about the damage bonus, in this case ...


Male Half-elf (Planar) Ranger 5/Rogue 2/Plane Walker 1

Good point- my post reads snarkier than I meant it to. All in fun!

Isaac moves closer to the Barrowman, trying to get a clear shot with his bow.
Advance 30 feet, switch to bow, fire into melee.

Longbow: 1d20 + 10 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 10 - 4 + 2 = 161d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Human Wiz 8
Isaac wrote:
Ekuur wrote:
Don't forget the bonuses from the prayer spell!
Yeah, because a 30 might not be enough!

THAT is, a scary thought! (Mostly because, if it's true, we brought it upon ourselves by having characters that can require that kind of challenge!) ;P

Justin hustles up behind Karrin, trying to get a clear shot at the BBEG or remaining barrowman, but not quite able to get close enough to unleash another mystic bolt.

Fullmove, should end up a square behind Karrin by my count? Still out of range of any spell I would be willing to miss and hit friends with! :)

And WELCOME BACK Monkey! :D (Your in good company with the whole life-busy thing!) ;)


Female Human Cavalier 8 (Order of the Dragon)

As the others pile on, Rhiannon lashes out with her shield before wheeling Thunderhead around and launching him into a gallop, gaining the distance for another charge.

Shield bash
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Gallop back 60'


Female Medusa Medusa/Ninja 5/2

Stheno moves forward to engae the foe that killed her friends with the calm of death on her face.

Move to n29
Attack The Barrowman with +1 Scimitar: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Sneak Attack Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade
Ekuur wrote:
Isaac wrote:
Ekuur wrote:
Don't forget the bonuses from the prayer spell!
Yeah, because a 30 might not be enough!
Well, I was referring more about the damage bonus, in this case ...

And I did forget to add that damage! Thanks for the reminder!


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade

What's been happening with those damn dots lately?


Bribes always welcome

Karrin's frosty axe bites into the Barrowman's side, eliciting a howl from the wight. The hulking corpse-thing turns a blackened seamed face to the large tiefling girl

"I will have your bones for toothpicks girl!"

OK, I need Justin & Nari to post up their Rd 2 actions, I'll take the BBEG's turn than we run to rd 3..

Again, thanks for the patience. I am running flat out these days, and getting on an actual comp seems to be a rare thing =/


Human Wiz 8

Justin's Rnd 2 action was to run closer to behind Karrin (full move) which should still leave him approx 2 spaces behind her. Too far away for a MM, and he doesn't want to risk hitting his friends with another spell. :)

Still dealing with Granny in Hospital, and going to Oklahoma to visit my side of the family. Not sure when/if I'll be online till the new year. And MERRY CHRISTMAS! :D


Bribes always welcome
Justin Case wrote:

Justin's Rnd 2 action was to run closer to behind Karrin (full move) which should still leave him approx 2 spaces behind her. Too far away for a MM, and he doesn't want to risk hitting his friends with another spell. :)

Still dealing with Granny in Hospital, and going to Oklahoma to visit my side of the family. Not sure when/if I'll be online till the new year. And MERRY CHRISTMAS! :D

Positive waves, and I will keep things rolling

Nari, I am going to go forward, and you can retcon an action when you see this:

Seeing Karrin and Rhiannon about him, the armored wight bellows and attempts to slice them into ribbons with his huge greatsword. The blade is an ebon black that seems to drink what little light is thrown off by the small piles of burning furniture. A silvery ghost fire crawls up the blade, gyrating in languid ectoplasmic swirls as the Barrowman swings the greatsword towards Rhiannon as she tries to gain distance:

Rhiannon shot: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (19) + 24 = 433d6 + 8 ⇒ (2, 3, 2) + 8 = 15

The greatsword carves into the young cavalier. Rhiannon feels a cold rush, as if the sword was sucking at her very soul

DC 18 Fort save or lose a level

The wight spins cat-quick and brings his ebon blade to bear against Karrin:

Karrin shot: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (4) + 19 = 233d6 + 8 ⇒ (6, 5, 4) + 8 = 23

Karrin feels the sword bite against the flesh of her ribs. A cold feeling settles in her middle.

DC 18 Fort save or lose a level

The wight saves his last blow for the cat that clawed him

Summoned cat: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 223d6 + 8 ⇒ (3, 6, 4) + 8 = 21

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

The tufted giant cat yowls piteously as the blade sinks into its left haunch, spilling blood upon the ruined tavern's floor

ROUND THREE! POST THEM ACTIONS!!!


Female catfolk sorceror 9

Merle continues to move closer as she unleases unother barrage of missiles at the barrowman

Magic missile

4d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 4, 4, 4) + 4 = 20 (Add +1 if prayer adds to the damage)


Male Cat

Seph eneters the room and ducks under a table if one is available.


female elan Psion (Kineticist) 9

Apologies, I hadn't realized we had started again...turms out that if you don't post in a thread for a sufficient amount of time it stops showing (x new). Just noticed this thread near the top today. Anyhoo.....I was sure I had posted my rd 2 action. Nari tried to hit the bbeg with a telekinetic thrust. But I may or may not have remembered to include the attack roll. It's been a while. I don't remember. I'll do it now and include one for rd 3 as well since she's just going to repeat the same action anyways. Don't know what to roll for damage since that entirely depends on what sort of debris is around and available for her to throw. 1 pt/25 lbs for less dangerous items such as an empty barreil up to 1d6 per 25 lbs for hard dense objects such as a boulder. She can throw up to 250 lbs of materials per manifestation.

Attack roll rd 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Attack roll rd 3: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Female Human Cavalier 8 (Order of the Dragon)

The burning cold of the blade biting deep, it takes all of Rhiannon's resolve not to clutch at her side, her body rejecting the otherworldly chill, icy tendrils finding no purchace on the young cavalier's stalwart soul.

Fort save1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Gaining the distance she sought she turned, a look of absolute condemnation in her eyes as she again launched Thunderhead into a gallop, the pounding of his mighty hooves blending with the screaming battlecry erupting from her lungs as she charged, banner fluttering from the stand in her saddle, shadowy mist trailing from the destrier's mane as they streaked inevitably towards the barrowman.

It was an unforgettable charge, one that culminated in a devastating collision as the well molded lance struck at the perfect angle, ignoring armor as if it were silk, sliding deep into the enemy's fell body as if hungrily drawn to the vacuum that was his soul.

1d20 + 17 ⇒ (20) + 17 = 37
2d8 + 13 ⇒ (1, 2) + 13 = 16

Confirm
1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31
1d8 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade

Fort save:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Supposing he's still standing after Rhiannon's critical lance attack:

Karrin goes full attacks:
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 303d6 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 4) + 10 + (3) = 20
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 183d6 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 3) + 10 + (4) = 23

"There are two things we do very well chump," Karrin says as she brings down her axe, "something seemingly unrelated to the opening premise, and two: kicking butt; and we're all out of whatever that first option was thus emphasizing our reliance on the second option!"


Bribes always welcome

Nari's eyes flash bright as various debris peppers the Barrowman. It doesn't seem to hurt the giant wight much, but it distracts him enough to allow Rhiannon's lance to line up perfectly on the Barrowman's gorget.

The lance punches through the gap between the wight's breastplate and gorget, sliding through the Barrowman's neck like rotted cheese. The Barrowman howls, a rough keening sound that echoes in the ruined room likr a trump of doom . Rhiannon feels a cold wind buffet her body. Whatever lived in the animated corpse rustles and chitters as it slinks back to whatever Hell spawned it.

Karrin's axe flashes by a second later, taking the Barrowman's sword arm off at the shoulder. The black greatsword clatters to the ground, still grasped in the wight's severed fist.

Grats all!


Male Human (Athasian) Cleric 9

Seeing the wight fall, Ekuur stops his next prayer to the Sacred Flame before he even starts it. "A truly fell foe," he remarks.


Male Half-elf (Planar) Ranger 5/Rogue 2/Plane Walker 1

"Good work, cutters. That'll teach them twice-dead gits teh walk around like they can knock over any sodding inn they like. Karrin and Rhiannon are hurt, any o' you other bloods need seeing to?"


Male Human (Athasian) Cleric 9

"Of course, please all who need to, gather close by me." The now familiar rush of not-unpleasant searing heat washes over Karen, Rhiannon, and anyone else who needs it. Wounds close and begin to mend under the holy fire.

channel energy 4d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 1, 4) = 11
channel energy 2 4d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 2, 5) = 14


Female catfolk sorceror 9

"......" Merle heads for the nearest door/window and has a look around to see what is happening outside.


female elan Psion (Kineticist) 9

Sanna looks around for a moment, a triumphant gleam in her eyes. She did it. She won....and then she was dragged back down into the darkness.

Nari clutched her head and curled up into a ball, every last bit of her focus needed to fight Sanna for control of her body. She doesn't make a sound and seems utterly oblivious to the world around her.


Male Cat

Seph sticks close to Nari looking really unsure on what to do.


Bribes always welcome

The common room is an abbatoir. The group can see what is left of the patrons slumped in the corners and under the wreckage. The front door of the tavern is smashed through, and outside you can hear faint screams.

Merle:

Spoiler:
Merle sprints for the front door and sees several red-eyed wights outside rampaging through the small narrow streets of the Medusa Quarter. A few armored elves, possibly from Hanalindali's city watch are fighting the ragged undead.


Female catfolk sorceror 9

"No time to relax folks there seems to be more of these guys outside"

Is there any indication if the rest of the city is under attack or does it seem to be limited to this district?


Male Half-elf (Planar) Ranger 5/Rogue 2/Plane Walker 1

Isaac nods.
"I tumble, cutter. Karrin, Rhiannon, Ekuur- on point with me. Merle, Seph, Justin- help Nari. Back to the temple... palace... thing."

The half-elf knocks an arrow and steps out the front door, looking for concealed hostiles.
Perception (w/favored terrain- urban): 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (4) + 18 = 22


Bribes always welcome

The wights appear to actually be reanimated townsfolk, and nowhere near as armed and armored as the others.

Issac:

Spoiler:
You catch one of the corpses lying on the ground twitching and rising


Female catfolk sorceror 9

Merle heads over to Nari and attempts to help her up.


Male Human (Athasian) Cleric 9

Heading out into the street, Ekuur is disgusted at the carnage being caused by the wights. He tries to nip several in the bud by channeling yet more energy to catch as many as possible.

channel energy 4d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 4, 1) = 11


Male Half-elf (Planar) Ranger 5/Rogue 2/Plane Walker 1

Isaac fires an arrow at a rising corpse.
"Oi! Cool yer heels, berk!"
Longbow w/favored enemy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 201d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


female elan Psion (Kineticist) 9
Merle Barer wrote:
Merle heads over to Nari and attempts to help her up.

Nari does not resist Merle's help, but she doesn't cooperate with it either. She is so locked in her internal struggle that she has become completely unaware of what is going on around her. It takes a couple of tries, but Merle can pull Nari to her feet and basically get her walking by supporting her weight (and it's a good thing she's small and light) and sort of dragging her along.


Female catfolk sorceror 9
Naridre Ro'Arisahshe wrote:
Merle Barer wrote:
Merle heads over to Nari and attempts to help her up.
Nari does not resist Merle's help, but she doesn't cooperate with it either. She is so locked in her internal struggle that she has become completely unaware of what is going on around her. It takes a couple of tries, but Merle can pull Nari to her feet and basically get her walking by supporting her weight (and it's a good thing she's small and light) and sort of dragging her along.

Merle supporting Nari under one shoulder begins to carry/drag Nari towards the door and then from there the temple.


Bribes always welcome
Isaac wrote:

Isaac fires an arrow at a rising corpse.

"Oi! Cool yer heels, berk!"
Longbow w/favored enemy: 1d20+12;1d8+4

The arrow sticks into the rising corpse, drawing a sluggish thread of congealing blood from her white skin. Issac recalls seeing this wight serving drinks to the locals as they headed out back. The once-pretty elven woman has been transformed into a ragged tatter with bones winking from sevreal large gashes in her torso and chest. Her eyes glow redly as she turns towards Issac, atttempting to shrug off the remains of a table.

Around the common room, eerie moans herald the awakening of more revenants.

Map to follow soon! =D


Female Medusa Medusa/Ninja 5/2

Stheno sees The Barrowman fall and pulls up short, her blade on its way towards the creature that took her comrades from her. "You filthy bastard," she spits on the corpse of their opponent. "You may have taken the lives of many of my Order today, but from this vicious blow, we will rise like the Phoenix to bring your master to heel."
She looks around at the carnage and calls to Isaac, "regardless of The Lady's wishes, if you are fighting against this foe then I pledge my blade to your cause for as long as it takes to take him and his foul minions down." Isaac nods at her and then suddenly puts and arrow into one of the serving girls. Stheno looks aghast at him until the elf begins to rise, a red glow to her eyes, and then her face hardens and she begins to look towards the nearest rising corpse.

Move towards the nearest rising Wight and attack it if possible.
Attack Wight with +1 Scimitar: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 12 + 1 = 28
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Human Wiz 8
Isaac wrote:

Isaac nods.

"I tumble, cutter. Karrin, Rhiannon, Ekuur- on point with me. Merle, Seph, Justin- help Nari. Back to the temple... palace... thing."

"Right boss!" Justin says. His wide-eyed demeanor showing no evidence of his usual sarcasm at the title.

Justin takes one more look around the room, then hastens over to assist Merle by taking Nari's other shoulder. With Justin on one side, and Merle on the other, they move much easier and head towards the temple at an almost normal stride. The cat-woman's swift strides easily keeping up with the human's longer ones. They practically carry the child-like elf girl between them.

Justin almost stops short at the eerie moaning sounds that start up from the corpses.

"Oh. That can't be good,..." He says to Merle.

"Issac! Get everyone out! Ekuur! Do you have a fire-blast favor left from the Flame? Cuz if not I do!" He cries, fingering his amulet as he warily eyes the nearest, twitching, corpse,...


Male Half-elf (Planar) Ranger 5/Rogue 2/Plane Walker 1

Isaac sighs.
"Just try to keep it under control, cutter. We got enough civilian casualties as it is, a fire through the whole sodding district isn't goin' teh ingrationate us further to our hosts..."

Before stepping back, he shouts into the inn in Elven.
"Anyone still alive- evacuate if you haven't already! If you need help, now is the time teh ask for it!"


Female Human Cavalier 8 (Order of the Dragon)

Seeing Justin about to act, Rhiannon hold back from charging the rising dead, awaiting his destructive blast.


Bribes always welcome

Sorry folks. Map will be forthcoming soonish

The corpses on the common room floor begin to stir. Red shining eyes brighten in ghastly ripped faces as the ragged remains of the patrons and servers start to rise


Female catfolk sorceror 9

"Definetly not good" Merle responds upon seeing bodies starting to rise.


Male Human (Athasian) Cleric 9

Did you get my channel energy above?


Human Wiz 8

Justin blinks. He's pretty sure that Merle agreeing with him, on anything, is probably one of the signs of the apocalypse.

Well, if a gaggle of undead beasties was the beginning of the apocalypse, it was just gonna have to try harder next time.

"Right boss, one under-control bonfire coming up! If you'll handle the ones in the street, I'll make apologies to our host for closing this inn permanently!"

He thinks for a moment, eying the slowly raising undead. Then raises his hands and casts a spell. Instead of the (usually expected) 'big bang', a small sphere of flame appears in the inn, behind the bar, next to the alcohol. It rolls sluggishly from the bar towards the other side of the room trailing fiery liqueur in it's wake, trying to draw a wall of fire to trap the undead inside the building until it burns down around them.

"There." Justin says smugly, his brow furrowed in concentration to control his fiery sphere's movement. "One under-control conflagration! Made to order!"

Cast Fiery Sphere, rest as above. :)


male Catfolk

Whilst Justin casts Seph turns into his human form and takes his place in suporting Nari


Bribes always welcome
Ekuur wrote:
Did you get my channel energy above?

. Yup. Keeping it in mind. We can figure out spatial stuff when I get the map up today


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade

"So anyone want to speculate on what we're dealing with here?" Karrin says as she does a quick sweep of the room, "Seems like an entity that's either really powerful or really stupid to attack the heart of a city like this, I mean they have to know there will be retaliation I'd assume. Does this seem like the sort of thing anyone we know would try to pull off? Or are we dealing with a new enemy? Or maybe we've been pulled into a completely new plot here?"

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4


Female catfolk sorceror 9

"You know maybe we can figure this out later when half a city block worth of undead arent trying to kill us."


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade

"I like to think on my toes," Karrin says, "You make some surprising discoveries that way. There's this great moment of clarity I get when fighting for my life where you get these wonderful insights, and I think: "I was right to leave the monastery but I went about it the wrong way," or "I should have asked for seconds when Sharinda asked me if I wanted any, cuz everyone knew I wanted seconds and the only one I was fooling was myself."

"Stuff like that," Karrin says moving towards the back door, "Course I'm always thinking, that sort of thing isn't something that ever slows down, but what I'm thinking about becomes more focused. Like you know how sometimes you translate poetry and stuff in your head to keep your Orcish or Draconic up or something? Or cycle through the multiplication tables over and over just to keep your mind focused on the task at hand so you don't start babbling over something because the sound of silence makes you uncomfortable? I know Torreen said I had a problem with that so he suggested that I just think of something else to keep quite or something, and it totally worked cuz now I hardly ever talk unless I have something important to say, but you know how most people do that? Well I find when my life is in danger everything just quiets up all on it's own. I find other stuff gets real easy too. Like those undead I totally popped? If we'd been sparing I doubt I could have made those shots, cuz I always play it safe and aim for central mass, less chance of someone ducking out of the way, but I totally popped their heads and it was super easy, like they were going in slow motion, like I knew which way they were moving before they did. I think Torreen called it the zone or zen or something like that, I'm not too sure cuz I wasn't listening too closely, but I guess really powerful warriors do that all the time. I think we spell casters do that too, but not to the same extent, like my thoughts get real clear when I'm casting, but it's not in the moment so to speak. It's like front brain/back brain I think, like you know being in a wagon if you're in front you're doing all the steering, but when you're in the back you're reloading cross bows to fire at the goblins."


Female catfolk sorceror 9

Merle looks over to Justin "Could you please translate what she just said?" she asks


Human Wiz 8

Justin snorts, turns it into a cough. He furrows his brow in concentration, trying to control his laughter that threatens to escape, and his fiery sphere at the same time.

He reminds himself never to underestimate Karrin. Ever.

He also reminds himself that if offended, she is quite capable of 'popping off' wizzie heads as well as undead. And bends his concentration to his spellcrafting.

'Not a clue!' He mouths silently to Merle.

"I'm sorry, did somebody say something? I'm a little busy here!" He says aloud in a mock-cheerful voice. He motions his sphere to cut across the room, passing by two more bodies beginning to stir. They begin to smoke as the sphere passes near them,...


Male Half-elf (Planar) Ranger 5/Rogue 2/Plane Walker 1

"Ms. Kind is musing over the philosophy of action begetting and abetting thought- when the body takes action, the mind is enhanced by the labors of the corporeal vessel. It's a philosophy commonly held by the The Transcendent Order, though they take it a step further and comment that body and mind should be one in tandem at all times.", Isaac says, in one of his rare fits of pedantry.

He knocks his next arrow, taking a moment to look into the street outside.

"The Cyphers run the Gymnasium in Sigil. From what I heard, they got a place where a blood could go swimming indoors- wonders never cease, eh?"


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade

"That was totally what I was saying," Karrin says as she gives Isaac and appreciative glance, "But no way I'd want my mind running like that all the time! Somethings are already tedious, having them go in slow motion would be terrible!"


Bribes always welcome

Ugh. Apologies again my friends. My spare computer, which I am still dependent on for Photoshop has hit a snag. If you like, you can post an attack on a wight. I will assume you are near enough to get one in before we roll initiative. You have the basic dimensions of the tavern's common room in the previous map, if you want to get positioned, call out a coordinate there and I will hopefully be able to get a map done in the next few days.

10,401 to 10,450 of 12,242 << first < prev | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.