Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company

Game Master Patrick Curtin

This campaign is my attempt to play a canonical Planescape campaign using the updated Pathfinder ruleset. The game actually predates the release of Pathfinder, but we have managed to update as we have needed.


10,001 to 10,050 of 12,139 << first < prev | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | next > last >>

Bribes always welcome

Initiatives Rd 2:

Issac: 21 [snooze]
Phaumee: 20 [seed dart-]
Karrin: 17 [snooze]
Jena: 17 [summon monster]
Rhiannon:14 [pending]
Maelrin:14 [Attacking-miss]
Gobbos: 13 [attacking]
Stheno: [pending]

Phaumee tosses another vein seed dart at one of the ninjas.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 221d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

The dart flies true, sticking into the goblin Rhiannon's crossbow found.

Jena begins chanting, and little dustdevils begin to swirl about her

Casting Monster Summon IV for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 small air elementals. If someone who is snoozing wants to deploy them, be my guest =)

Jena's ferrets swarm up the wicker walls, attacking the goblins with snarling fangs

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 91d4 ⇒ 41d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 121d4 ⇒ 21d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 221d4 ⇒ 41d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 171d4 ⇒ 2

One manages to land a bite.

Maelrin swings his sword

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 151d8 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

The blow is way wide, his sword dragging on a silk pennon

OK, Rhiannon and Stheno to go. Oh and ... 10,000 posts!

Taldor

Male hu-man Paladin

W00T!! Congratulations Patrick!! Hip hip Hooray for the Chronicles of the Silver Rose! In a world were PbP games don't usually last a week never mind a year The Silver Rose has been going strong for over 3 years now! What's the secret to our success? Besides out tireless DM? . . . I got nothing. This is pretty much all you Pat :D

Strong story telling combined with great fully realized characters, it's no wonder that this is game is going strong after 3 years. Thank you everyone (especially Pat) for keeping me entertained (and for putting up with my tiefling). Here's to another 10 000 posts!


Female Medusa Medusa/Ninja 5/2

Stheno's blade flashes in her hand as it darts towards the closest Cobalt Shadow in a whirl of dancing metal.
"Miserable wretch. Whatever your mission is today you won't be completing it."

Swift Action: Spend a ki point to gain an additional attack
Full Attack Action:
First Attack with Scimitar: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Second Attack with Scimitar:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Confirm Critical: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Third Attack with Scimitar: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

First Attack Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Second Attack Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 3) + 4 = 13
Third Attack Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Human Wiz 8

Ditto Here Pat! Thanks to all for all the fun, and I hope that I'm entertaining everyone as much as you all are keeping me in stitches! :) !0,000 more posts? No problem! On with the show! :D


Female Human Cavalier 8 (Order of the Dragon)

Rhiannon quickly targets another of the elevated goblins, taking a step forward to stand before the fallen.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
1d10 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Bribes always welcome
Stheno the Red Shadow wrote:

Stheno's blade flashes in her hand as it darts towards the closest Cobalt Shadow in a whirl of dancing metal.

"Miserable wretch. Whatever your mission is today you won't be completing it."

I'm targeting S16 for you. That's the one menacing Rhiannon. Rhiannon, I am having you fall back a bit to protect Issac, so Stheno can do her thing.

The strange woman strides forward, weilding her scimitar with a deadly grace. A dazzling series of cuts later and the goblin in front of Rhiannon is lying on the ground in several pieces.

Rhiannon's bolt hits the goblin she hit before. He is beginning to look like a pincusion. The goblin shrieks and throws more of the small metal stars. His three other high-perched associates follow suit

ATKS:

Stheno:

Spoiler:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 51d2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 41d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 191d2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 81d2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Jena:

Spoiler:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 91d2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 41d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 211d2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 241d2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Phaumee:

Spoiler:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 161d2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 41d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 201d2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 41d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 101d2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Rhiannon:

Spoiler:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 51d2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 41d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 51d2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 41d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 231d2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

The final land-bound goblin winds up on Maelrin

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 251d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

The goblin's blade draws blood from the noble elf warrior, despite his stony skin.

Jena: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 71d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Jena slumps to the ground, unconcious. The small whirlpools of air dissipate around her, stirring the clothing on her prone form.

Quick! What happens to an eidolon when their master is rendered unconcious? To the Internetz!

Phaumee: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Phaumee remains upright, readying another seed dart

Running low on time. Check your attacks. If one hits, make a fort save. Under 13 and you snooze .....


Bribes always welcome
Justin Case wrote:

Justin looks briefly disappointed, but quickly smiles.

"Yes, thank you. I'd love to assist. After all, it's hardly every day one gets to participate in the planting of another world tree!" He grins.

Lady Meralindiel nods

"Come. I will show you where the ceremony will take place tomorrow."

She leads the group through a series of corridors until they reach a sweeping courtyard in the center of the temple. There is no roof, only sky floats above them. A riot of flowers cascade over stonework surrounding raised flowerbeds in an intricate knot pattern. At the center is a large oval mound of dirt that looks fresh dug.

"Here the Seed shall be named, and shall sink Her roots. In the fullness of time this place shall transition to the Outer Realms."


Female catfolk sorceror 9
Dungeon Monkey wrote:


Quick! What happens to an eidolon when their master is rendered unconcious? To the Internetz!

Eidlon disapears when master is renderd dead/ asleep/ unconcious.


Female Human Cavalier 8 (Order of the Dragon)

Fort1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


Human Wiz 8

Just FYI, I'm taking a long weekend to go to Oklahoma and see family. So I'll probably be AFI (away from Interwebs) until Monday. The good news, when I come back, I'll probably have a new I-phone! :)

Justin looks about the place and nods, impressed despite himself. (Even the Big City Boy can appreciate the beauty of this place!)

"A truly beautiful place for the seed to begin it's journey." He smiles.

"Tell me, besides the obvious well-tended beauty, is there any other particular reason for this location? Ley lines or nodes? Mystical convergences? That sort of thing?" Justin asks, unable to contain his curiosity.


Male Half-elf (Planar) Ranger 5/Rogue 2/Plane Walker 1

Congratulations Pat and thanks for the awesome game! Please don't coup de grace me because I would have to be reincarnated as per Isaac's beliefs and no one knows what the heck I'll come back as!


Bribes always welcome

Thanks everyone for the kudos. Take some yourself, RPGs are more improv theater than anyone else, and improv is only as good as the ensemble..

ROUND THREE!!

The small ferret eidolons vanish in a puff of golden motes. Rhiannon, Phaumee, Stheno and Maelrin are left standing.

Phaumee tosses another dart : 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 131d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

It sails over the goblin's head

Maelrin disentangles his sword and tries to swing it again

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 301d8 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

His opponent is cloven in twain

Stheno, Rhiannon up!


Bribes always welcome
Justin Case wrote:
"Tell me, besides the obvious well-tended beauty, is there any other particular reason for this location? Ley lines or nodes? Mystical convergences? That sort of thing?" Justin asks, unable to contain his curiosity.

Lady Meralindiel smiles at the inquisitive wizard

"An astute question, Ser Justin. As a matter of fact, this courtyard was where the Lady of Dreams danced when she first arrived on our world. She raised the rock that underlies Hanalindali and ringed it with the Mountains of Angorlim. It is a holy place for us, and we feel her presence here strongest."


Female Medusa Medusa/Ninja 5/2

Smiling as her flashing blade takes down the small creature before her, she eagerly moves forward to follow up on the next opponent. Once more, her blades spin in an intricant dance to slice at the Goblin before her.

Swift Action: Spend a ki point to gain an extra attack.
5' Step to s16
Full Round Action: Full Attack on Cobalt Shadow in r15

First Attack w/ Scimitar: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
Confirm Critical Hit: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
Second Attack w/Scimitar: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Third Attack w/ Scimitar: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

First Attack Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Second Attack Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Third Attack Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male Human (Athasian) Cleric 9

congrats, Pat! Wish I was here from the start!

"A most beautiful place. My home has few places like this, and those that do exist are worth more much. Dare I say that we would place as much value on a small couryard bursting with life like this as you do on the Seed."


Female Human Cavalier 8 (Order of the Dragon)

Seeing the woman aiding her allies handling those on the ground, Rhiannon continies to target those at range throwing their deadly projectiles.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
1d10 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10


Bribes always welcome
Stheno the Red Shadow wrote:
Smiling as her flashing blade takes down the small creature before her, she eagerly moves forward to follow up on the next opponent. Once more, her blades spin in an intricant dance to slice at the Goblin before her.

Stheno's blade carves the final earth-bound ninja into small chunks

Perception DC 10 (anyone awake):

Spoiler:
As the two goblins fall, their skin changes to an electric cobalt blue color.

Rhiannon's bolt sails past the bleeding ninja up on her right

The ninjas throw more stars at the remaining party

Stheno:

Spoiler:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 201d2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 41d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 81d2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 91d2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Phaumee:

Spoiler:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 51d2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 41d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 71d2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 231d2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Rhiannon:

Spoiler:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 151d2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 41d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 161d2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 211d2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Maelrin:

Spoiler:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 71d2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 91d2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 121d2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Phaumee: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

The doughty squirreloid is still up. He chitters angrily and readies his long spear for some serious pokery

Fort DC 13 those that got hit. NEW ROUND!


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade

I don't want to steal anyone's thunder here, but this is essentially combat for two of the seven people at this point, is there anyway we could speed it up? Karrin has been asleep for a week and a half now :P

Perhaps Rhiannon and Stheno could roll some attacks for multiple rounds at a time? I really don't want to steal anyone's moment in the sun here but everyone else is kind of waiting in limbo.

"ZzzzzZZZZzzzz pancakes."


Bribes always welcome
Karrin Kind wrote:

I don't want to steal anyone's thunder here, but this is essentially combat for two of the seven people at this point, is there anyway we could speed it up? Karrin has been asleep for a week and a half now :P

Perhaps Rhiannon and Stheno could roll some attacks for multiple rounds at a time? I really don't want to steal anyone's moment in the sun here but everyone else is kind of waiting in limbo.

"ZzzzzZZZZzzzz pancakes."

I hear you. I am going to give the others till tonight to get their next attacks/STs in, then I will roll them and try to get this sewn up


Female Medusa Medusa/Ninja 5/2

Can I get another Map Update Pat, so I can see which ones are left on the ground to attack (so I know whether I get 5' Step Full Attack or Move Single Attack).


Bribes always welcome
Stheno the Red Shadow wrote:
Can I get another Map Update Pat, so I can see which ones are left on the ground to attack (so I know whether I get 5' Step Full Attack or Move Single Attack).

LOL I knew there was something I was forgetting...


NEW MAP

The ground ones are all dead thanks to Stheno. If anything seems amiss, or I missed something, let me know ..

EDIT: Please switch Stheno's position to S16. That is my bad.


Female Medusa Medusa/Ninja 5/2
Cartographer Monkey wrote:
The ground ones are all dead thanks to Stheno. If anything seems amiss, or I missed something, let me know ..

hmmm... That's gonna be a tough one. I already established (for Roleplaying reasons) that Stheno had left her bow at home (going shopping in the market, who knew she'd need her bow right... ;) ) as I figured that the others could deal with them effectively.

Are there any obvious ways to get up to any of the rooves?

Right now I'm off to bed, but tomorrow morning after work I want to read up on the Acrobatics Skill in regards to jumping (and it's bonuses from the Ninja Class) in case I have to attempt to get up there that way. I'll post up after that.


Bribes always welcome
Stheno the Red Shadow wrote:
Right now I'm off to bed, but tomorrow morning after work I want to read up on the Acrobatics Skill in regards to jumping (and it's bonuses from the Ninja Class) in case I have to attempt to get up there that way. I'll post up after that.

Well, if you want, I can retcon that you had your bow on you. As this populace is very martial-oriented due to the onslaught of the Winter Queen it would not have seemed out of place. I will peruse the acrobatics/ninja rules as well. The R14 and R 19 gobbos are balancing on light wicker rattan structures with silk roof tenting. 10 feet from ground level. The other two, O16-17, are about 15 feet up on a permanent structure roof of slate.


Female Medusa Medusa/Ninja 5/2
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
The R14 and R19 gobbos are balancing on light wicker rattan structures with silk roof tenting. 10 feet from ground level.

OK, so I am going to try something here and see how well it pans out.

Finishing off her opponent, she glances around quickly at the fallen strangers. Her snakes hiss menacingly as they take stock of the remaining enemies above her. Spotting the unstable nature of the perches of the Cobalt Shadows to her left and right, a smile twists her features. Twirling her scimitar before her, she moves swiftly to her right, jumping as she comes under the awning and swinging in a long slash as she comes to the apex of her jump.

Move Action: Move to q19.
Standard Action: Jump up and attempt to slash through the silk roof underneath the Cobalt Shadow in r19.
Acrobatics Skill Check (DC20): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33
My intent is that he will fall through the tear (taking 1d6 falling damage in the process unless he can land on something soft or make his Acrobatics Skill Check vs. Falling) and now be on my level. I would think that he could possibly get an Acrobatics Skill Check to avoid falling and stay up there although with his weight, the tear should widen as he moves around.

Dungeon Monkey wrote:
The other two, O16-17, are about 15 feet up on a permanent structure roof of slate.

Hopefully Rhiannon can keep at these two for the moment.


Bribes always welcome

Round Three Initiatives:

Issac: 21 [snooze]
Phaumee: 20 [spear-R13-miss]
Stheno 19: [Slash-gobbo down]
Karrin: 17 [snooze]
Jena: 17 [snooze]
Rhiannon:14 [Bolt-miss]
Maelrin:14 [Retreiving crossbow]
Gobbos: 13 [attacking]

Stheno the Red Shadow wrote:
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
The R14 and R19 gobbos are balancing on light wicker rattan structures with silk roof tenting. 10 feet from ground level.

OK, so I am going to try something here and see how well it pans out.

Finishing off her opponent, she glances around quickly at the fallen strangers. Her snakes hiss menacingly as they take stock of the remaining enemies above her. Spotting the unstable nature of the perches of the Cobalt Shadows to her left and right, a smile twists her features. Twirling her scimitar before her, she moves swiftly to her right, jumping as she comes under the awning and swinging in a long slash as she comes to the apex of her jump.

Move Action: Move to q19.
Standard Action: Jump up and attempt to slash through the silk roof underneath the Cobalt Shadow in r19.
Acrobatics Skill Check (DC20): 1d20 + 13
My intent is that he will fall through the tear (taking 1d6 falling damage in the process unless he can land on something soft or make his Acrobatics Skill Check vs. Falling) and now be on my level. I would think that he could possibly get an Acrobatics Skill Check to avoid falling and stay up there although with his weight, the tear should widen as he moves around.

Dungeon Monkey wrote:
The other two, O16-17, are about 15 feet up on a permanent structure roof of slate.
Hopefully Rhiannon can keep at these two for the moment.

Sounds reasonable

Stheno leaps up and slashes at the silken tenting. A large gash opens up. The Xvart-in-Koska clothing attempts to keep his balance

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

The small goblinoid tumbles to the ground as he misses the rattan edge. He lands with a rattle among a merchant's cookware.

1d6 ⇒ 2

The ninja shreiks as a long iron prong pierces his shoulder. He leaps up, wincing. He is quilled by crossbow bolts and some sort of hardened veined dart, and is not looking very fresh at the moment.

Your move, I am ruling he lost his actions this round. I am going to do Rhiannon, just to move things along ..

Rhiannon sights one of the goblins on the small tavern's roof. Aiming her crossbow she fires.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 101d10 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Her bolt goes wide.

Maelrin sheathes his sword and unhitches a wicked looking crossbow from his back. He calls out to the screaming tumult around them.

"In the name of The Lady Meralindiel! Assist us!"

Phaumee attempts to get the goblin above him with his keen-edged rune-covered long spear.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 101d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

The ninja dodges the spear and readies more stars. The other two on the tavern roof do as well.

Stheno:

Spoiler:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 91d2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 51d2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 41d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 81d2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Phaumee:

Spoiler:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 71d2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 91d2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 111d2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Rhiannon:

Spoiler:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 91d2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 161d2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 121d2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

You know the drill. Fort save DC 13 if hit. Also, NEW ROUND!


Female catfolk sorceror 9

Merle growing somewhat bored about talk of leylines and gardens heads to the libary to meet up with Seph and Nari

"So how are things?" she asks as she enters


male Catfolk

"Oh Nari was just reading me a book." Seph responds although he does send a concerned glance over at Nari.


female elan Psion (Kineticist) 9

Nari is huddled in the corner curled tightly into a ball. She is shaking slightly. There is a book open next to her filled with beautiful illustrations. She looked up at Merle, wide-eyed and clearly frightened.

"H-h-have you finished? We can leave soon?" she asked hopefully.


Human Wiz 8

Justin smiles. "I knew something felt, right, about this place." He tells his hostess with a smile.

He also gives another curious look at Ekuur. "I keep forgetting you come from a much harsher world than most of us. Most of us take at least some form of greenery for granted. You sound as if on your homeplane it is an endangered resource."

I'm back. I like my new Iphone, but WHY in the name of all the gaming gods and goddesses would anyone ever want to watch a movie or tv show on such a tiny @$$ screen?!? ;P


Female catfolk sorceror 9
Naridre Ro'Arisahshe wrote:

Nari is huddled in the corner curled tightly into a ball. She is shaking slightly. There is a book open next to her filled with beautiful illustrations. She looked up at Merle, wide-eyed and clearly frightened.

"H-h-have you finished? We can leave soon?" she asked hopefully.

"Uh probably I guess." Merle looks between Nari and Seph "Okay just what is going on?" she asks


female elan Psion (Kineticist) 9
Merle Barer wrote:
Naridre Ro'Arisahshe wrote:

Nari is huddled in the corner curled tightly into a ball. She is shaking slightly. There is a book open next to her filled with beautiful illustrations. She looked up at Merle, wide-eyed and clearly frightened.

"H-h-have you finished? We can leave soon?" she asked hopefully.

"Uh probably I guess." Merle looks between Nari and Seph "Okay just what is going on?" she asks

"This place....it's difficult. It reminds me of home. And errr....I'm having some internal conflict," she added through clenched teeth as if it were difficult to say.

"But Seph has been very helpful and we've been reading. He's starting to recognize more and more words. He'll be reading on his own again in no time."


Female catfolk sorceror 9
Naridre Ro'Arisahshe wrote:
Merle Barer wrote:
Naridre Ro'Arisahshe wrote:

Nari is huddled in the corner curled tightly into a ball. She is shaking slightly. There is a book open next to her filled with beautiful illustrations. She looked up at Merle, wide-eyed and clearly frightened.

"H-h-have you finished? We can leave soon?" she asked hopefully.

"Uh probably I guess." Merle looks between Nari and Seph "Okay just what is going on?" she asks

"This place....it's difficult. It reminds me of home. And errr....I'm having some internal conflict," she added through clenched teeth as if it were difficult to say.

"But Seph has been very helpful and we've been reading. He's starting to recognize more and more words. He'll be reading on his own again in no time."

"Oh thats great Seph." Merle says whilst happily rubbing his head. Her happiness quikly turns to a more serious tone as she addreses Nari. "Is it this tower or the town in General thats the problem?"


female elan Psion (Kineticist) 9
Merle Barer wrote:
Naridre Ro'Arisahshe wrote:
Merle Barer wrote:
Naridre Ro'Arisahshe wrote:

Nari is huddled in the corner curled tightly into a ball. She is shaking slightly. There is a book open next to her filled with beautiful illustrations. She looked up at Merle, wide-eyed and clearly frightened.

"H-h-have you finished? We can leave soon?" she asked hopefully.

"Uh probably I guess." Merle looks between Nari and Seph "Okay just what is going on?" she asks

"This place....it's difficult. It reminds me of home. And errr....I'm having some internal conflict," she added through clenched teeth as if it were difficult to say.

"But Seph has been very helpful and we've been reading. He's starting to recognize more and more words. He'll be reading on his own again in no time."
"Oh thats great Seph." Merle says whilst happily rubbing his head. Her happiness quikly turns to a more serious tone as she addreses Nari. "Is it this tower or the town in General thats the problem?"

"The town in general, and the tower too. It's...it's woken up some not so nice pieces of Sanna. I...I just want to leave," she said, near tears.


Female Human Cavalier 8 (Order of the Dragon)

Rhiannon was impressed by the woman helping them, her skill and violent fury a martial work of art. Her own strengths had been heavily negated by the tactics and positioning of the enemy, laeving her to cover the fallen and the mystery woman's assault.

Ratcheting another bolt in the clip she let fly at one of the creatures on the roof, targeting the already wounded one.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
1d10 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Wow this sucks


Human Wiz 8

Heh. Where are those rocket-powered heat-seeking arrows when you need them? ;P


Female catfolk sorceror 9
Naridre Ro'Arisahshe wrote:


"The town in general, and the tower too. It's...it's woken up some not so nice pieces of Sanna. I...I just want to leave," she said, near tears.

"Well let's just go and wait for the others just outside of the city. I mean it should be safe enough if we stay near the walls and the others hopefully wont be that much longer. we can even let Justin and Ekurr know on the way out."


female elan Psion (Kineticist) 9
Merle Barer wrote:


"Well let's just go and wait for the others just outside of the city. I mean it should be safe enough if we stay near the walls and the others hopefully wont be that much longer. we can even let Justin and Ekurr know on the way out."

She nodded tearfully. "Yes, that sounds like a good idea. Thank you."


Female catfolk sorceror 9

"Ok lets get going then" Merle takes the lead as they begin to head out "Hey Justin me and Nari are just going to wait at the gate for you guys while you finish....uh whatever it is you need to finish" Merle informs Justn on the way out.


Bribes always welcome

Round Four Initiatives:

Issac: 21 [snooze]
Phaumee: 20 [spear-R13]
Stheno 19: [Pending]
Karrin: 17 [snooze]
Jena: 17 [snooze]
Rhiannon:14 [Bolt-miss]
Maelrin:14 [Arrows-]
Gobbos: 13 [attacking]

Phaumee tries his luck with his spear again

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 91d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

The nimble goblin above him dodges yet again

My apologies. I wrote Maelrin above as having a crossbow, when he has a long bow.

Maelrin sends two ebon shafts winging towards the goblins atop the small tavern roof. O16

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 211d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 201d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 51d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Both shafts find their mark, and two gouts of bluish blood erupt from the goblin's left side

Rhiannon can't seem to hit her mark. Her bolt buzzes angrily in the now-shut tavern door.

Stheno to go, then the gobbos.


Bribes always welcome
Merle Barer wrote:
"Ok lets get going then" Merle takes the lead as they begin to head out "Hey Justin me and Nari are just going to wait at the gate for you guys while you finish....uh whatever it is you need to finish" Merle informs Justn on the way out.

Merle and Nari walk out of the crystal temple. The sky is painted in vivid purples and reds. The sun is nowhere to be seen, but light still arises from the western chain of the surrounding mountains. There are many quiet gardens about the outside, and various elves, goblins and others take in the last few minutes of light.

You can head down into the city off the temple mount if you wish.I will warn you that you are not in sync with the events in the Souk of Dreams.


Justin Case wrote:
I'm back. I like my new Iphone, but WHY in the name of all the gaming gods and goddesses would anyone ever want to watch a movie or tv show on such a tiny @$$ screen?!? ;P

Resistance is futile


Bribes always welcome
Justin Case wrote:
Justin smiles. "I knew something felt, right, about this place." He tells his hostess with a smile.

Lady Meralindiel smiles

"The Lady of Dreams keeps us safe here in the Vale of Eagles. "

Her smile fades a bit

"Of course, the onslaught of her estranged sister's daughter has dampened much of the joy in this realm. Hopefully, our new friend can help us regain it."

She strokes the Seed's burled outer layer

"You shall be our new Tree of Life, Lauralia. "


Female catfolk sorceror 9
Dungeon Monkey wrote:


Merle and Nari walk out of the crystal temple. The sky is painted in vivid purples and reds. The sun is nowhere to be seen, but light still arises from the western chain of the surrounding mountains. There are many quiet gardens about the outside, and various elves, goblins and others take in the last few minutes of light.

You can head down into the city off the temple mount if you wish.I will warn you that you are not in sync with the events in the Souk of Dreams.

That's fine. Since Merle does not know the area she would probably just follow the path they used to get there in the first place.


Bribes always welcome
Merle Barer wrote:
That's fine. Since Merle does not know the area she would probably just follow the path they used to get there in the first place.

No worries

The trio make their way down the twisting road that descends from the temple mount to the wider city. A large straight boulevard leads to the gate the entered from. At this time of night it is shut, but there is a postern gate to exit from. A guard looks them over, but waves them through without any problem. They then descend another road off the giant roseate rock the city of Hanalindali is built upon.

After walking for a good hour, they have left the city behind. There are still farms, taverns and the occasional silo about, but the land opens up and most of the roadside is now bounded by various tall crops.

Any destination, or are you just walking?


female elan Psion (Kineticist) 9

No particular destination. Though we wouldn't go too far since we want the others to be able to catch up to us easily.

Nari seems to breathe easier as they move away from the city. She looks around.

"Out here it could be anywhere. There's nothing quite so obviously elven about it. It's easier to keep Sanna from taking over. I...I need to get back to Sigil soon. I need help. If she takes over completely....I'm not sure there's going to be anything left of me."


Female catfolk sorceror 9
Naridre Ro'Arisahshe wrote:

No particular destination. Though we wouldn't go too far since we want the others to be able to catch up to us easily.

Nari seems to breathe easier as they move away from the city. She looks around.

"Out here it could be anywhere. There's nothing quite so obviously elven about it. It's easier to keep Sanna from taking over. I...I need to get back to Sigil soon. I need help. If she takes over completely....I'm not sure there's going to be anything left of me."

"Hopefully the others will be finished soon and we can go home." Merle grins hoping to encourage Nari whilst at the same time wondering ewhen she began to consider Sigil as home.


Human Wiz 8
Merle Barer wrote:
"Ok lets get going then" Merle takes the lead as they begin to head out "Hey Justin me and Nari are just going to wait at the gate for you guys while you finish....uh whatever it is you need to finish" Merle informs Justin on the way out.

Justin waves a distracted farewell and flashes a quick smile, obviously intent in his discussion with the lady. Although he does glance back at the three as they are leaving. An eyebrow raised in question. But since nobody asked for any help, or seems to be, obviously, in trouble, he shrugs and returns to the conversation with Ekuur and the hostess.

"So, you have a name now." He addresses the seed directly, (Although he must admit, he feels a bit silly doing so. But if Ekuur says the thing talks, that's good enough for him!)

"Out of curiosity my Lady, how did you select the name? And, if you don't mind, tell me how this discord you are embroiled in started? I'm picking up a bit of the story, but I suspect I'm missing something. And I've always had a fondness for history." He smiles.


Female Medusa Medusa/Ninja 5/2

Hearing her enemy fall behind her, Stheno spins around, her scimitar leading in a dance of death as she slashes down at her diminuative opponent.

First Attack with Scimitar on Cobolt Shadow: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
Second Attack with Scimitar on Cobolt Shadow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Confirm Critical Hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

First Attack Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Second Attack Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


female elan Psion (Kineticist) 9
Merle Barer wrote:


"Hopefully the others will be finished soon and we can go home." Merle grins hoping to encourage Nari whilst at the same time wondering ewhen she began to consider Sigil as home.

Nari nods. She sits down on a boulder and pulls some paper out of her pack and starts writing. She writes without saying anything for several minutes then hands the hastily written note to Merle.

"In case I go off the deep end before we get home, give that to Justin. He should be able to decipher it. Or find someone who can."
The paper appears to be filled with complete nonsense.

I would assume that communicating something in code would be a linguistics check. It's hard to let someone know what's going on when you share a brain with the person you're trying to hide the info from. ;)
Linguistics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

She looked up at the sky.
"I'd forgotten how beautiful the sky can be in the prime material. It seems like a strange thing to have forgotten."

10,001 to 10,050 of 12,139 << first < prev | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.