Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company

Game Master Patrick Curtin

This campaign is my attempt to play a canonical Planescape campaign using the updated Pathfinder ruleset. The game actually predates the release of Pathfinder, but we have managed to update as we have needed.


51 to 100 of 12,140 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade

"So I've met almost everyone here before," She says looking to her new companions, "I'm a duskblade, a bit like a sorcerer and man at arms all rolled into one awesome package! I can cast and smash.

I'm not native to Sigil, I grew up in a place called Oerth in a monastery run by monks of the God Rao. I guess that makes me a clueless bert? Anyways I know our boss Renkar, I met Greep in the Serpent Inn, Eir and I worked together before, Zigel and I talked yesterday, and so I guess I only really need to better introduce myself to Swift, Hanali, Mercutio, and . . ." Karrin turns to the lizardman, "you," she says awkwardly, "I'm sorry I forgot your name."

[Technically I don't think Karrin was ever introduced yet]


Greep wrote:

Greep hops off his chair and heads off to the kitchen.

"Bess, is the apple pie ready, or am I smelling things?"

If it is:-Greep- "I'll take it out, and don't worry- it'l go on the other end of the table from Karrin."

If it isn't: Let me get some of those fresh berries and cream- We got a guest who's hungry."-Greep-

Whichever: As he approaches the table, he stays far away from Karrin's end of the table. Once he's seated, he begins preparing a plate with the treat for Mercutio.

Bess looks up from her griddlecake making

"Go right ahead Mr. Greep and take it out, bottom oven."


As Greep heads towards the table with the apple pie, Mercutio darts around his head squeeking excitedly

"Pie-pie-pie ... pie for me!"


Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk/2, Cleric/1

Ffethpaar growls to Mercutio.

In draconic

Spoiler:

"Greetings to you my friend."

To Karrin: "My pardon, I am Ffethpaar ep Arrlgo. I seek strange and wonderous things. May we have a profitable partnership. Do you know how to send messages home from here?"


casts longing glances at the pie


Renkar sits back and smokes his pipe as the group introduces themselves and finishes breakfast. He watches indulgently as Mercutio swoops down on the pie that Greep sets down and begins to eat like Karrin after a workout.

You folks do a little meet and greet ... when you feel ready I will begin the explanations of our first adventure!


Male Tiefling Invoker/3rd

"Well cutter's for the few I havent meet i'm zigel za elric invoker by trade" pointing his pipe at the pie watching dog "And that basher is kratos"


"Eir Haakonen, Pleased to meet you all, for those I'm meeting the first time. I'm the resident channeler. And of course Karrin and I have made each other's acquaintances - I'm glad to have such a capable fighter along, Karrin."


neuter Robbit (variant halfling with reptilian appearence) Rogue2 / Wizard (transmuter) 1

Standing up in his chair, "My name is Theriopodid Proudtalon, of the Proudtalon Clangroup."-greep-"I am called, somewhat predictably, Greep. I'm trained in bureaucracy and Transmutation magic. I come from the Prime world of Raerth. I was employed there as an investigator for the Azul Collective, what you would call, -greep-, a 'Thieves' Guild'."

He raises his coffee, "I toast our new collective and its success."' and sits down, with a final, quiet, -greep-.


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade
Ffethpaar wrote:
"My pardon, I am Ffethpaar ep Arrlgo. I seek strange and wonderous things. May we have a profitable partnership. Do you know how to send messages home from here?"

"Pleased to meet you Mr Arrlgo, what sort of work do you do . . . if you don't mind my asking?"


Female Tibbit Rogue 3

So this thread has eaten two of my posts so far, so sorry about the silence from me, I did post!

Swift sits gently smooths out her hair as she watches the others around her, her disapproval of all things canine showing on her face from time to time and her interest often piqued by the two scaly critters speaking in draconic, seemingly following their words with ease.

"I'm Swift" She introduces herself simply before turning away to order herself a coffee.


Swift. wrote:
"I'm Swift" She introduces herself...

"See Karrin? I'm not the only one."


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade
Eir Haakonen wrote:


"See Karrin? I'm not the only one."

"The only one what?" Karrin says with a clearly baffled look on her face.


"Oh...<realizing her joke failed>...nevermind."


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade
Eir Haakonen wrote:
"Oh...<realizing her joke failed>...nevermind."

assuming that Eir's joke was of a sexual nature it's of little surprise ;)

"Ok" Karrin says with a smile, "I sure do wish I understood your humor, seems like most of it's over my head," she says with a frown, "I bet you're really funny though!"


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade
Swift. wrote:


"I'm Swift" She introduces herself simply before turning away to order herself a coffee.

"Nice to meet you Swift," Karrin says with a smile, as the tibbit returns, "what sort of work do you do . . . if you don't mind my asking."


Female Tibbit Rogue 3

"Covert ops" Swift replies with a small smirk, sure her next words would possibly provoke another 'joke' from Eir. "Hiding, sneaking, watching people."

"..and the occasional bout of diplomacy if the mood takes me"


Renkar waits until everyone is settled and introduced. He gives out the remaining rose brooches to whoever he hadn't before.

"As this is the first time we have all been gathered together as a group I want to say welcome to the Company of the Silver Rose. I have recruited you all into my new venture, as I believe that a diverse group of beings such as yourselves will be able to handle missions that your average mercenary company would be unable to."

Renkar looks around the table.

"Our first order of business will be to view our new office. Once we are finished, we can go right down Copper Court. There I will discuss our first commission."

The next few minutes are filled with the sounds of eating as everyone finishes their breakfast. Karrin finishes a second. As soon as everyone looks done, Renkar pays Bess at the counter and they depart to the Silver Rose office. The Before Peak rain has diminished to a misty drizle that is rapidly forming into the famous Cage Fog. Although Copper Court is a small side street, the party is accosted by a beggar wearing a filthy rag over his eyes and rattling a cracked stoneware cup. Renkar flips a copper piece to him and he scuttles off. The group passes a fountain that gushes water in a foaming cascade. Several locals fill containers at the rim, gossiping and laughing amongst themselves.

Renkar leads the intrepid group to a building that looks like it has seen better days. There is evidence that it once had a large glass window fronting the street, but that has been bricked over. A door that reads 'Silver Rose' in gilt letters greets you. Renkar produces a large brass key and opens the door.

A bell jingles as you enter a narrow hallway. At one end is a small desk. Midway in the hallway is a large door that reads 'employees only'. Renkar produces another key and opens this door.

Inside the door is a large open space. partitions have been removed and the walls look as if items were taken away and the holes blocked up with more recent masonry. The overall feeling is a rehabilitated warehouse. The floor is strewn with thick fibrous mats. Various weapons, both of steel and practice ones of wood are racked on the walls. Punching bags of different sizes hang from the exposed rafters. There are various anatomical charts on the walls that seem to pinpoint the various internal details of common planar races like Githyanki, Githzerai, Modron, etc. There is another door at the far wall that looks locked. Along the wall that separates the narrow hallway from the main room is a stairway. Renkar moves to the head of the stairs and address you all.

"This is an exercise area. Feel free to use it in your off time. I expect everyone to remain limber and ready while in my employ. The far door leads to a small courtyard with some archery butts if anyone feels the need to practice. If you would all follow me?"

Renkar leads the group up the stairs and into another hallway. There are three doors on the wall. At the very end of the hallway is an unusual piece of art. It looks like a large tree, but it looks to be sculpted of stone. There is a large hole two-thirds of the way up and a ledge that projects out several feet into the hallway. Renkar speaks again

"This first door is storage, the second is a meeting room, the third is my personal office. The odd sculpture at the end of the hallway is Mercutio's dwelling. If you all would follow me to the meeting room?"

Renkar leads the group into the meeting room. Mercutio leaves them at this point and flys to his treehouse and disappears inside. A plain wooden table surrounded by chairs greets their eyes. Renkar takes a seat the the head of the table after seating Hanali in a gentlemanly fashion at his right. He waits until the others are settled and speaks again.

"I didn't want to talk business in the Copper Cauldron because there are often ears trained for any darks spoken there. Here we at least have some privacy. I have gotten a request from a prospective client who needs our help unearthing some information. I don't have much more than that right now, but I would like for one of your party to be elected as spokesperson and accompany Hanali here to the client's place of business. Whomever you decide must be professional. This client is one of Sigil's merchant aristocracy, and how we handle this matter will determine how our little band is perceived in those circles."

Renkar looks at the assembled beings.

"Do I have a volunteer?"


"Aye"

Smiles.

"I'll be good."


Male Tiefling Invoker/3rd

"I have some skill at Diplomacy .If no one else wish to fill that roll I can go if need be"

seeing eir speak up he says"indeed eir would be a fine choice,I merely dabble ,eir however"[ she says with a wily smile "Seems to be a cutter well suited for dig and cut of societal combat"


Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk/2, Cleric/1

Ffethpaar looks around the group and then to Renkar.

"I am shaman for my people. This requires diplomacy. But I think my words are too few. Perhaps if you need draconic spoken one day."


Female Tibbit Rogue 3

'Merchant Aristocracy?' Swift mulls the phrase over in the back of her head. 'That always means money, but am I good enough to pull off a daring claiming of wealth whilst on a diplomatic mission?' Chewing on her lower lip she calculates odds silently, almost missing the others volunteering.

"I'm happy to throw my hat into the ring too" She announces certainly with a sweet, open smile before speaking again in a string of hisses and growls.

Draconic:

Spoiler:
"And I can help with the draconic too"

Before thowing a wink in the lizardman's direction.


Male Tiefling Invoker/3rd

zigel chuckles and lest out a series of hiss and growls himself

Spoiler:

"Any one here that cant speak big angry lizard?"


neuter Robbit (variant halfling with reptilian appearence) Rogue2 / Wizard (transmuter) 1

"A diplomay, I am not." -greep- "But if the lady would be more impresive with a servant, I am good enough to be a chief clerk and aide."


Guy I know you haven't posted a reply yet, but I figure Karrin is a bit too excitable and naive to be interested in the negotiator slot.

Renkar allows the group discuss the options. As the talking winds down he clears his throat.

"Gentlebeings, I think that for this particular mission, either Swift or Eir would be the optimal choice. Both of them present a pleasing appearance that would suit our client. While Ffethpaar and Greep are handsome representatives of their own species, I think that they would be a little exotic and offputting to this gentleman. Zigel and Karrin you both could do, but you both are a bit..." Renkar searches for a good phrase "rough and tumble. No worries, there will be other missions, and perhaps the next mission will need another type of being to represent us."

Renkar leans forward.

"Our client is Lucius Sar'Ormand, the proprieter of the Salubrious Cellarer on Salt Street. As the street implies, he is a seller of fancy salts from around the Wheel. He is also a high-up in the Saltiere Society, a guild for salt dealers. He contacted me and would like to discuss a problem he is experiencing. Hanali knows the way, decide among yourselves who will go with her and you can start off."


Female Tibbit Rogue 3

'Salt? Salt?! But salt isn't shiny..' Suddenly the prospect of visiting the noble lacked in it's appeal. Still, it was a job and would give her something to do, and no sign of disappointment crept into the little rogue's professional face.

"Well Eir, it's either me or thee, how interested are you in learning more about the thrilling world of salt?" It's hard to tell if she's being sarcastic or not with her well practiced sweet smile.


"It's great for keeping fish, but I've heard that too much salt is bad for the health."

Eir puts out her cigar and for the first time abandons her casual repose and air of bemused indifference. She leans forward and narrows her eyes at the old man.

"Look Renkar, I can maintain pretense as well as the next and a good deal better perhaps, but around here I'm going to talk straight. I'm from Ysgard, you know that, but I've walked more planes than I have fingers and toes, and I know the cage, too - hear the chant, and speak the cant. These are high-ups and you know them, we don't, and you're better equipped to decide which of your agents you should send. Besides, I need Swift to watch my back and she needs me to watch hers - I don't want to breed any competition."

Eir plays with an unlit match for a second without breaking eye contact.

"So if you can't decide, I'd rather you send her and I'll go downstairs and throw darts."


Renkar smiles slightly at Eir's statement

"Well said, well said."

Renkar straightens up and looks around the table

"As Eir pointed out, making you all choose is just formenting issues. I think Eir fits the bill this time, just because she has dealt with many folks before, and I'd like to get a feel for her in action."

Renkar adjusts his sleeves slightly.

"That being said, I would like to give all of you some time to square away any business you need taking care of. We can reconvene here during the first hour of Before Anti-Peak 6 P.M."

Renkar nods to Hanali.

"Hanali I leave this in your capable hands."


F Aasimar Rog/Mnk 2/2

Thread monster acting up again .. read Renkar's recent posts!

Hanali inclines her head at Renkar.

"A pleasure Renkar. Are you ready Eir?"


Female Tibbit Rogue 3
Renkar Sha'Hagmid wrote:

Renkar smiles slightly at Eir's statement

"Well said, well said."

Renkar straightens up and looks around the table

"As Eir pointed out, making you all choose is just formenting issues. I think Eir fits the bill this time, just because she has dealt with many folks before, and I'd like to get a feel for her in action."

Renkar adjusts his sleeves slightly.

"That being said, I would like to give all of you some time to square away any business you need taking care of. We can reconvene here during the first hour of Before Anti-Peak 6 P.M."

Renkar nods to Hanali.

"Hanali I leave this in your capable hands."

Swift gives a gentle shrug as Eir is chosen for the task. "Sounds fair. It will give me chance to deal with some business of my own" She announces with an easy, if a little mysterious smile.


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade

Karrin was strangely silent during the diplomat discussion. Karrin knew that she was far from the best choice for the face work but she was curious to see what the others had to say. Her eyes quietly taking in all she sees and her devious tiefling brain quickly begins taking stalk of her companions. Behind Karrin's big smile her calculating mind is silently processing her companions.

"I got all my stuff here Renkar!" Karrin says with a smile, "I just got to collect my kitty cat, and then I'm good to go."

I'm pretty busy today, I might post more when I get a chance


I'm basically in and out today as well.

Renkar rises from the table.

"Well then. I am going to get a bit of Before Peak exercise down below. Anyone is welcome to join me or you all can do any chores you might have. Remember, you all might be travelling, so get your gear set up and be ready to roll out once we hear from Eir and Hanali."

Renkar nods to the group and departs.


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade
Zigel Za Elric wrote:

zigel chuckles and lest out a series of hiss and growls himself

"I speak Abyssal," Karrin says, apparently responding to Zigel's question, "and I don't know where I learned it!"

Karrin then turns to Renkar, "I'd love to join you," Karrin says, "I need to work off my breakfast, I ate two this morning for some reason, and now I got to burn off some fat!"

Karrin jumps up and prepares to join Renkar, then she suddenly stops and slaps her forehead, "oh wait," Karrin sighs, "I should go get my cat Blacky, she's back at the inn, and is probably wondering where her breakfast is. Looking after animals is a very serious responsibility and not one to be taken likely. I should probably make sure she's got food out if nothing else . . ."


Hanali Hal'Oight wrote:


"A pleasure Renkar. Are you ready Eir?"

"Ever."


Male Tiefling Invoker/3rd

"karrien I am going to make a trip to Veria's today wanna join me cutter?she will be able to get that item ya required." he turns towards the door whistling at kratos as he goes 'YA comeing cutter?"


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade

Karrin glances from the door to Zigel and then back to Renker, she looks very mixed up and confused.

"Um, I thought," she glances over at Zigel, "I was going to . . . but I might not . . ." Karrin almost looks dizzy for a moment, "could we stop by the inn first?" she eventually asks.


None of Eir's most recent posts are visible to me right now.


F Aasimar Rog/Mnk 2/2

Hanali laughs at Eir's dry wit.

"Then come sister of the sword and we shall descend upon the Cage and wring it of its secrets."

Hanali and Eir descend the stairs and exit the old warehouse onto Copper Court. The fog has thinned a bit since they arrived as the hour climbs towards Peak. Hanali walks briskly alongside Eir. Although her expensive dress and severe mien would make you assume that she is just an upper-class popinjay, her walk has a hint of acrobatic muscularity. A large gentleman dressed in chainmail darts out of the Copper Cauldron's alleyway and falls in behind you. Hanali looks over and acknowleges him.

"Noresh"

The chainmailed man raises his knuckle to forehead in a small salute and paces them several feet back. Hanali takes no further notice of him.

The two women reach the end of Copper Court where it opens into the thouroughfare of Copperman's Way. Sigil enfolds both of the women in a maelstrom of sights, smells and sounds. Copperman's Way leads to the shabbier parts of Sigil from the Great Bazaar. Streams of Night Market workers trudge back to their kips. Merchants stream the other way.

Hanali peers into the chaos, motions to Noresh and sends him running and waving for a palanquin. A trio of Arcanaloths walk by you, their jackal heads unreadable and their eyes cold. Rickshaws rocket by, their sweating carriers ringing their special warning bell as they careen into traffic. A cursing drover attempts to calm a lizard-like animal that hauls a wagon loaded with melons.

Ragged children swirl about the two women, selling flowers, peanuts, sachets of potpourri and a dozen other small items. Hanali reaches into her purse and scatters a spray of copper pieces along the sidewalk. Shreiking the children dive for them.

Noresh returns with a palanquin of six large porters. The palanquin is very sumptuous looking, with silken curtains decorated with semi-precious stones. Pillows line the interior. The driver, a smallish man or a largish Halfling, jumps off his seat at the head and sketches a small bow.

"Good day yer ladyships, Garamonde is my name, and my palanquin is at yer ladyship's service for the unheard of price of 50 gold pieces ."

Hanali snorts

"Unheard of is right, shorty. Quit rattlin' yer bonebox and pretend we aint Clueless for just a moment and rethink yer peel."

Hanali and Garamonde dicker a little, but she finally pays and enters. She looks back at Eir.

"Coming my dear?"

Qadira

DO NOT STICK FINGERS IN CAGE

Eir's posts are still under her recent posts. I had one disappear earlier as well.


Female Tibbit Rogue 3
Karrin Kind wrote:

Karrin glances from the door to Zigel and then back to Renker, she looks very mixed up and confused.

"Um, I thought," she glances over at Zigel, "I was going to . . . but I might not . . ." Karrin almost looks dizzy for a moment, "could we stop by the inn first?" she eventually asks.

"I need to stop by the inn for something in my errands, I can pick up your cat for you if you want" Swift comments in an offhand tone. 'It'll save me spending some time running in circles'

"I'm not so good with canines but cats seem to like me" She adds honestly with a smile.


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade
Swift. wrote:


"I need to stop by the inn for something in my errands, I can pick up your cat for you if you want" Swift comments in an offhand tone. 'It'll save me spending some time running in circles'

"I'm not so good with canines but cats seem to like me" She adds honestly with a smile.

"I don't know, Blacky's really particular, and she doesn't know you. She's a smart cat though, sometimes I think she can understand what I'm saying, and if I don't look after her she gets all sulky . . ." Karrin scratches her head, "you could always try if you want, but she's got a temper so don't try to grab her if she doesn't want too because she might scratch you, but if you don't see her make sure she's got some food ok?"


Hanali Hal'Oight wrote:
"Coming my dear?"

"Hmmm. No slaves?"

Looks the ride over.

"It's looks tolerable... I think I can lower my standards for a while."


neuter Robbit (variant halfling with reptilian appearence) Rogue2 / Wizard (transmuter) 1

As he heads downstairs to the archery range, Greep stops by the storage closet, finding (as he expected), the brace of lt bolts. As he grabbed them, he thought to himself, 'Eir is the right choice. Her saying "I'll be good." worried him- being "good" limited her options. And any team-mate of his was more important than any first impression.
He hoped she'd remember that.'

The small courtyard Renkar had mentioned was a bit of a misnomer. Greep hadn't seen such a set-up since leaving his home. There were the standard archery butts, what was refreshing was the additional equiptment off to the side. Stored away was anything a Robbit could want to change the profile of the targets or the shooting area.

Selecting only a random start bell, Greep set up 5 targets in a loose pattern at varying distances from 40 to 60 feet. Returning to the shoot line, Greep waited for the bell. When it rang, he let the magic flow through him. 'Launch Bolt' 'Launch Bolt' 'Launch Bolt' 'Launch Bolt' 'Launch Bolt' 1d20+5=12, 1d20+5=17, 1d20+5=11, 1d20+5=22, 1d20+5=7
He inspected the targets. Not very good, it still needs work. He would be back.


neuter Robbit (variant halfling with reptilian appearence) Rogue2 / Wizard (transmuter) 1

Still restless after the morning's meeting, Greep decided to go see Quint. 'If anyone will understand, it'll be thim.'

"Renkar, I'm going out for a bit- I'll be back before the ladies return."-greep-

Stopping by the Copper Cauldron gave him the necessary guest gift for the Quintuplits, a bag of the left over sweet berries and a bottle of cream. He traveled cautiously, remembering Zigel's advice on what and who to look out for. Remembering also what had been said about hiring a 'tout' whenever he took a look around any new areas of town. Today, however, was not a day for trailblazing- he was covering a familiar path. Anyway, as much of the trip was along Thread Alley, where he felt safe.

When he reached the final turnoff, he realized he had no guaruntee that Quint was home- there had been some talk of scouting storefronts- but the need to talk to understanding ears kept him going. Knocking on the door and announcing himself with a solid -Greep-, he waited for an answer.


After procuring the last of the berries and a bottle of cream from the ever-accomidating Bess at the Copper Cauldron Greep sidled down the alley to the side of the inn which led maze-like into Thread Alley.

Blocky walls of the backs of buildings and courtyards rear several stories high, causing the light, even as Peak approached, to be dim. Greep passes several errand boys, apprentices and couriers on his way to Quint's kip, all too busy to stop and pass the time.

Many of the businesses have a back door to Thread Alley, and these doors carry the slate pieces merchants use for messages to others crossing the narrow shortcut. Greep isn't certain, but one board at a green grocer's seems to hold meaning for him. Among the advertised specials Greep notices writing in a slightly different style

... special on HalflIng GREEn Peas, 1 lb/1s2c ...

Greep waves to the air, vaguely unsettled, but feeling as if the Thread Alley Wyrm (or TAW as Greep thinks of him) is a good spirit if he actually exists.

Greep threads his was along the twisting narrrow causeway, eventually coming to the rickety stairs of Quint's kip. Dislodging a surly two-foot-long purple lizard from the stairs, Greep ascends the creaking structure.

Greep had been worried Quint might be out scouting storefronts, but he remembered while walking here that Quint had mentioned before that his/their eyes were sensitive to bright Peak light, so he/they usually took the six brightest hours of the day as his/their main resting period.

Arriving at his destination, Greep knocks on the door. An odd echoey voice booms out.

"Who ... is ... it?"

Greep recognizes Quint's odd voice. He greeps as an answer.

The door opens inward after the unshackling of several bolts. A cheerful blue face greets him, its large bat-like ears perked high and a smile on its toothy face.

"Come in friend Greep, come in!"

Greep enters Quint's kip. He/they keep an odd kip, the dilapitated rooms are decked in pillows and low furniture. Multicolored threadbare sheets are tacked along the walls to mask the stains and ill-repair of the plastering. One of Quint's bodies leads you to a soft cushion chair as another fills mugs from a small oaken keg branded with a stylized mushroom. The other three bodies seem to be busy with cleaning up what looks like some breakfast dishes.

"My ... good ... friend ... Greep ... how ... are ... you?"

Quint has an odd way of talking. When the five bodies were in the same room they seemed to share the work, bits of conversation flowing from any of his/their mouths.


F Aasimar Rog/Mnk 2/2

Hanali laughs

"Oh you are a dear one Eir! I think we will get along famously. Come."

Hanali slides over to allow Eir space to enter the palanquin. As soon as Eir gets situated the diminutive driver Garamonde issues a few curt orders to his sweating employees and the large litter rises up and moves forward into the swirl of Before Peak traffic.

The chaotic life of Sigil unfolds around the palanquin as Eir looks out from her silken perch. A Mercane, it's tall blue body decked in a fortune of silks and jewels, travels close to them in another palanquin, surrounded by hard-bitten mercenaries. Beggars, whores, and touts all beseech passing palanquins as they pass by their spots, trying to winkle copper and silver from their hidden passengers.

The palanquin passes by the Great Bazaar, its famous Tradegates standing 25 feet in the air, their arches shimmering with the constant flow of beings back and forth from the Outlands and beyond. The drone of the crowd becomes a cacophanous din as thousands of buyers and sellers haggle in the giant marketplace. If Eir wanted to count, she could probably see a representative of every sentient being known on the Great Wheel.

The palanquin travels on towards the Clerk's Ward, where the shops begin to take on a much more well-to-do air. The porters turn down a side street flanked with well-kept shops and several warehouses. Wagons hauled by several beasts, including men, are pulled up to these warehouses loading and unloading large squares of a whitish substance.

The palanquin halts and gently sets down at the curb in front of a polished red-brick storefront with a large glass window displaying crystals and powders of all shapes, colors and sizes. The sign above the door reads:The Salubrious Cellarer.

Hanali emerges from the palanquin, takes a moment to smooth her black dress, arrainges a stray lock of white-blonde hair and extends a hand to Eir.

"Shall we, my witty friend?"


Female Tibbit Rogue 3

Swift gives Karrin a tiny wink and a smile. "Don't worry, I studied with a catfolk druid for a short while. While I never took to the druidic lifestyle I learnt how to deal with the most stubborn of cats" She assures the other woman easily. "Blacky is in safe hands, trust me" She adds to be on the safe side before heading for the door.

Heading out into Sigil the young tibbit finds herself a decent hiding place before assuming her catform and running off in the direction of the Hive.


Hanali Hal'Oight wrote:


Hanali emerges from the palanquin, takes a moment to smooth her black dress, arrainges a stray lock of white-blonde hair and extends a hand to Eir.

"Shall we, my witty friend?"

"We shall."

Graciously.

"I loved the ride, the Cage looks all the better from up there. Maybe if I salt away my salary I can live like that all the time."

Looks at Hanali.

"Yah I know, I was running out of openings."


neuter Robbit (variant halfling with reptilian appearence) Rogue2 / Wizard (transmuter) 1

One of the nice things about talking to Quint was you could look anywhere while talking- a being with five viewpoints never expects you to look at his face during a conversation.

"Greetings" -greep- "Are you well this day?" He places his gift on a side board before continuing. "I have been talking with my team-kin and realized how right you were when you were describing the bias I will be incountering in Sigil." -greep-

"You had told me how our size, color, and my race would effect others' outlook on me, But I didn't completely believe you. My experiences with the team-kin, with the Serpent staff, and with the Lady P's crew were different." -greep- "They all treated me well, though the world is set up for their size. Today, however, it came up -and was casually accepted by all- that the Lizardfolk shaman and I were 'exotic and offputting'. It suprises me that a city with all the races represented here would still judge by appearences."

-greep-

"On the prime worlds I visited with the caravan, I saw the same judgements, but figured the locals just didn't have much exposure to other races and cultures. I thought the city would be different- but it seems you were right." -greep-


Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk/2, Cleric/1

"I must attend to a commission. I will rejoin you soon".

Feeling a little less self assured than he is used to as being called exotic he makes his way to Clarion Copperman to pick up his claws covers. The down feeling only last a few moments though as his familiar total self belief takes hold again.

I feel I am underposting - for which my apologies. I have to work all day and don't always get a lot of time to post. But I will always try to post at least once a day.

51 to 100 of 12,140 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.