Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company

Game Master Patrick Curtin

This campaign is my attempt to play a canonical Planescape campaign using the updated Pathfinder ruleset. The game actually predates the release of Pathfinder, but we have managed to update as we have needed.


8,451 to 8,500 of 12,206 << first < prev | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | next > last >>
Cheliax

Just getting back my dot


Male Half-elf (Planar) Ranger 5/Rogue 2/Plane Walker 1

Same. Sorry to go MIA- deadlines, ruin and calamity. Not really keeping great track of the situation, either.

Qadira

DO NOT STICK FINGERS IN CAGE

Dotting. Also sorry to be going MIA but life realy sucks the gnarled root at this moment. I'll be back ASAP


Human Wiz 8

Double-Dot!

Hang in there guys! It gets better! (That's what they always tell me!)

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 16

Dotting


Bribes always welcome

Dotting and bumping

Folks, I apologize, and I am starting to get my notes together so we can finish this battle. Hopefully I will be done by the end of this weekend updating. Thank you for your patience


male Catfolk

Whilst everything is kicking up outside Seph continues to chat with Pounce passing off any inquiries into the larger explosions with a "They tend to do that." comment


Human Wiz 8
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

Dotting and bumping

Folks, I apologize, and I am starting to get my notes together so we can finish this battle. Hopefully I will be done by the end of this weekend updating. Thank you for your patience

I'm just glad your feeling better! See you soon!


Human Wiz 8

Heh, I think our discussion thread got archived! ;P

Taldor

Male hu-man Paladin

Well as long as this doesn't get archived we're good.


Bribes always welcome

Just popping in with a quick update. My life has recently fallen straight into the crapper. I am going to please beg y'alls forgiveness, but I don't think I will have time enough to get to this game until the weekend. Apologies, but RL takes precedence


Human Wiz 8

Of course RL takes precedence!
I just hope that it's something time consuming, but not otherwise terrible! :)

Good luck Pat, we'll wait!


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade

No rush Pat. Update when you can.


Bribes always welcome
Seph Barer wrote:
Whilst everything is kicking up outside Seph continues to chat with Pounce passing off any inquiries into the larger explosions with a "They tend to do that." comment

Pounce snickers

Feline

Spoiler:
::They sound like an excitable bunch. I hope they gnaw the heads off all those lizards and place their entrails in pretty piles all over::


>UPDATED MAP<

I fianlly got back up to speed and redid the map. I placed y'all in area I thought you would be best in. If there is any problem let me know

Karrin stumbles back, bleeding heavily as Ekuur heals her. Issac and Tiandra fill the doorway, attempting to get at the khaasta troops.


Bribes always welcome

ROUND FOUR ACTIONS:

Khaasta 18 [Attacking]
Mr. Swire: 18 [pending]
Issac: 17 [pending]
Merle: 14 [pending]
Karrin: 13 [pending]
Justin: 13 [heading to blasted hatch-action needed]
Drazek: 13 [pending]
Tiandra: 13 [Attacking]
Naridre: 13 [pending]
Phaumee: 13 [Attacking]
Bethany: 13 [pending]
Ekuur: 10 [pending]

At the rooftop hatch ..

Justin peers down the blasted hatch. There seems to be no stirring from the lower area. A crumpled khaasta lies at the foot of the warped ladder that leads down to the next floor. A large hank of wood prodrudes from a bony eyesocket.

Actions?

Meanwhile, at the tower's main entrance ...

The five remaining khaasta footsoldiers slash at the newcomers, their armor ringing like the cacophany of The Geat Foundry in Sigil

Attacks on Issac and Tiandra:

Spoiler:
Issac:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 191d10 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 91d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 171d10 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Tiandra:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 211d10 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 101d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 231d10 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 91d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 81d10 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Tiandra and Phaumee strike at their foes:

P&T attacks:

Spoiler:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 101d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 121d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 131d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Issac and Tiandra take some damage. Tiandra and Phaumee's attacks are ineffective.

The rear three khaasta are in motion: The khaasta with ugly furs and animal bones all about its person starts to intone something and come down the stairs, a scroll in hand. Another, dressed in black and vermillion robes also begins to chant.

The final one, a burly armored lizard bellows and begins to head down the stairs toward the melee, next to the animal bone-bedecked khaasta. The bone-strewn lizard touches the larger khaasta and intones something.

OK. Post actions please.


Female catfolk sorceror 9

Not sure where on the map Merle is so alter accordingly

Merle sends the ball of fire up the stairs at the Khassta up there 3d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 1) = 11 (Dc 14 reflex to avoid)

She then attempts to use the scroll of hideous laughter on one of the khassta (dc 13 will save)


Bribes always welcome
Merle Barer wrote:

Not sure where on the map Merle is so alter accordingly

Merle sends the ball of fire up the stairs at the Khassta up there 3d6 (Dc 14 reflex to avoid)

She then attempts to use the scroll of hideous laughter on one of the khassta (dc 13 will save)

OOps. my mistake. Revamping map now


>REVAMPED MAP WITH KITTY GOODNESS<


male Catfolk
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Seph Barer wrote:
Whilst everything is kicking up outside Seph continues to chat with Pounce passing off any inquiries into the larger explosions with a "They tend to do that." comment

Pounce snickers

Feline** spoiler omitted **

Seph tries not to make to much of an icky face at the comment

Feline

Spoiler:
P-probably not going to be enough of them left for that


Male Human (Athasian) Cleric 9

Ekuur notices Karrin still quite hurt, and gives even more healing enerygy into her.

convert speak with dead into cure serious wounds

3d8 + 6 ⇒ (2, 3, 5) + 6 = 16


Bribes always welcome
Merle Barer wrote:


Merle sends the ball of fire up the stairs at the Khassta up there 3d6 (Dc 14 reflex to avoid)

Reflex:

Spoiler:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 121d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 101d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 Concentration:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

The large armored brute and his bone-festooned sidekick both get swatted by the fire sphere. The robed lizard nimbly skips about, chanting in a hissing tounge as he dodges.

Merle Barer wrote:


She then attempts to use the scroll of hideous laughter on one of the khassta (dc 13 will save)

Which one? The halberdiers or the ones up the stairs?


Female catfolk sorceror 9

One of the ones at the doorway doesn't have the range to reach the ones on the stairs.


Human Wiz 8

The conjured Lantern Archon (sitting in the middle of the towers first floor, where it teleported) continues to concentrate upon the Khastaa that have done the most damage so far, firing it's two light beams into the crowd of Khastaa fighting in the doorway,...

2 light rays (electrical dmg?),...
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 191d6 ⇒ 31d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 221d6 ⇒ 3

Meanwhile, Hoping that his progress is covered by the sounds of battle below, our intrepid wizard 'boldly' makes his way through the doorway. He steps carefully over the dead lizard and down the stairs, hands held before him, the gathered arcane energies causing them to glow slightly,...

Prepared to cast a Fire Ray spell when my first target comes into view!


>UPDATED MAP<

Thanks for reminding me of the archon, Justin/Rags, I had kinda forgotten him. He's put on the map. Also, you folks had killed TWO of the halberdiers, so I have changed things to reflect that. I already rolled to see which one attacked when he was a corpse, and it was a miss one on Tiandra, so no changes in damage given.

The archon's rays stab out and make two of the khaastas howl in pain.


Bribes always welcome
Justin Case wrote:

... Meanwhile, Hoping that his progress is covered by the sounds of battle below, our intrepid wizard 'boldly' makes his way through the doorway. He steps carefully over the dead lizard and down the stairs, hands held before him, the gathered arcane energies causing them to glow slightly,...

Prepared to cast a Fire Ray spell when my first target comes into view!

It is actually a 'hatchway' with a ladder leading down. The ladder suffered some damage from your Summon Napalm spell, so I'll need a Dex check, DC 12 to navigate the ladder safely. If you happen to have Climb or Mountaineering as a skill you can add +2

Justin listens, but the shadowed room seems to be quiet. The wooden ladder leading down to where the khaasta lies crumpled is still smoking in a few places where the massive fireball must have licked it. A few rungs look knocked askew as well. From the blasted hatch door Justin can see what looks to be a storeroom, but there is something about the room that tugs at his perception ...

Roll me a Perception check ..


Bribes always welcome
Merle Barer wrote:
One of the ones at the doorway doesn't have the range to reach the ones on the stairs.

Gotcha

Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

A khaasta starts hissing like a tea kettle over a roaring fire. He drops to the blood-slicked floor, clutching his sides and convulsing helplessly


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade

"Thanks Ekuur," Karrin says, "I think I'll try this again now."

Karrin spits on her hands and takes a swing.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
3d6 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 5) + 9 + (6) = 28

Qadira

DO NOT STICK FINGERS IN CAGE
Karrin Kind wrote:

"Thanks Ekuur," Karrin says, "I think I'll try this again now."

Karrin spits on her hands and takes a swing.

1d20+11
3d6+9+1d6

Ferissirion whickers over Tiandra's head and smacks her foe. The lizard freezes in place with an almost audible *crack*, and turns blue before the force of Karrin's swing cleaves it in twain. The bifrucated lizard shatters on the floor, spinning khaasta ice chunks all about.


Bribes always welcome

ROUND FOUR ACTIONS (updated):

Khaasta 18 [Attacking]
Mr. Swire: 18 [pending-Blinded by glitterdust]
Issac: 17 [pending]
Merle: 14 [Hideous laughter]
Karrin: 13 [atk/hit/kill]
Justin: 13 [need dex DC 12 check]
Drazek: 13 [pending]
Tiandra: 13 [Atk/miss]
Naridre: 13 [pending]
Phaumee: 13 [Atk/miss]
Bethany: 13 [pending]
Ekuur: 10 [CMW-Karrin]

>REVISED AND CURRENT MAP<

OK-Need Swire's actions adjucated-don't forget his shiny new rapier and a new save vs glitterdust. Not sure if Issac/James will be back to post, I know he is sooper busy ATM. If I have to I will DMPC in the near future. Drazek, Bethany, Naridre also need a post up and then we can run to the next round. Justin I'll need that DEX check and Perception to adjutate your next move (I assume climbing down the rickety ladder ..)


Human Wiz 8

PER roll:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Justin gets that old, familiar tingle at the back of his neck. Like someone is standing just behind him. He peers into the room again,... but doesn't see anything.

"Hm. No news is good news!" he murmurs.

'Yeah right! And I can teach my grandmother how to suck eggs! Still, the best way I know how to catch something is with bait. Here's your target guys!' Justin thinks to himself, turning his back on the room and sticking out his posterior as he carefully starts climbing down the ladder.

Dex check:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

His adrenaline is so high that it makes navigating the rickety and crispy ladder seem easy,...


Bribes always welcome
Justin Case wrote:
..His adrenaline is so high that it makes navigating the rickety and crispy ladder seem easy,...

Justin slides down the ladder with ease. He notes that it sways a bit as he descends: He wouldn't want to have to try climbing back up it.

The floor is about 5 meters below the roof hatch. The khaasta below is dead, a close look confirms it. The dead khaasta isn't in armor, rather, it is dressed in black and vermillion robes. A long ivory scroll tube lies nearby its outstretched hand.

Justin notes that there is a lot of crates and boxes about. The atmosphere is very humid, surprisingly so. There are several small windows in the side, but they seem to have no glass in them, more of defensive arrow ports than anything. He notes a tangle of metallic-looking lines inlaid into the wooden floor. Some are gold, some silver, some copper. A few look to be in green and reddish metals. They are obscured by the many crates and boxes stacked over them, but seem to arc out all over the floor. A net bag with loops is nearby the ladder and hatchway. It looks as if there was a crane at one point to bring goods to the rooftop. Most likely the crane was immolated in the fireball.

Actions?


Male Half-elf (Planar) Ranger 5/Rogue 2/Plane Walker 1

I'm here! I'm here! Isaac actually has a 20 AC since he took the beetle elixir, but since I didn't mark it on my sheet, he'll take the damage.
Isaac will drink his potion of suicidal bravery and attempt to roll under the Khaasta on his left to square p22 and strike with his greatsword.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Greatsword attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 172d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 6) + 4 = 161d6 ⇒ 5


Bribes always welcome
Isaac wrote:

I'm here! I'm here! Isaac actually has a 20 AC since he took the beetle elixir, but since I didn't mark it on my sheet, he'll take the damage.

Isaac will drink his potion of suicidal bravery and attempt to roll under the Khaasta on his left to square p22 and strike with his greatsword.
Acrobatics: 1d20+8
Greatsword attack: 1d20+8;2d6+4;1d6

No dude, skip the damage. You had taken the elixir, and I forgot. That's my bad. No damage for Issac. So Retcon It Be

Issac tumbles over the prone and laughing form of the khaasta Merle ensorcelled. He deflects the clanging halberds sent his way, but his strike at the prone lizard hits armor and misses scaled flesh by the barest of margins

Even prone these dudes are tough nuts to crack ..


Male(s) 27 Ducks in a James suit Duck 27/ Expert 5

Swire's will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Swire holds back, shaking the glitter from his eyes. With Isaac on the opposite side of the khaasta, he pushes up to his spot to catch the lizard in a flanking maneuver.
Swire moves to m25 and attacks with Kidneythief
Kidneythief: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 291d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Sneak attack: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 4) = 11
And 1 point of bleed damage.
Cool, thanks Pat!


Bribes always welcome
James Keegan wrote:

Swire's will save: 1d20+2

Swire holds back, shaking the glitter from his eyes. With Isaac on the opposite side of the khaasta, he pushes up to his spot to catch the lizard in a flanking maneuver.
Swire moves to m25 and attacks with Kidneythief
Kidneythief: 1d20+11;1d6+2
Sneak attack: 3d6
And 1 point of bleed damage.
Cool, thanks Pat!

No problems. Since I've been occupied elsewhere there were a lot of loose strings in the game-never fear about calling out a GM mistake. I make them alla time

Swire eels up into the carnage and skewers the prone khaasta neatly. Kidneytheif slides into a defenseless armpit, bringing a gout of green blood to wash his travel-stained boots with

One more down ..


Human Wiz 8

Justin uses his almost ever-present minor magics to float the ivory tube from the floor to his hand. He regretfully tucks it into a pocket.

'No time for that now. I can play with toys AFTER we survive this!' The wizard tells himself firmly. After a another look around, he swiftly pats down the dead lizard for anything else that might be remotely useful or magical in origin,...

Per check inside the room, then shake down the khashtaa ! :)

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


Bribes always welcome
Justin Case wrote:

Justin uses his almost ever-present minor magics to float the ivory tube from the floor to his hand. He regretfully tucks it into a pocket.

'No time for that now. I can play with toys AFTER we survive this!' The wizard tells himself firmly. After a another look around, he swiftly pats down the dead lizard for anything else that might be remotely useful or magical in origin,...

Per check inside the room, then shake down the khashtaa ! :)

1d20+7

Justin can infer through the lines and some of the geometrics that they are inscribing that this floor was once used in conjuring magics. At least, it seems that way. He also spots a grey cat with orange eyes perched on a crate casually licking a paw. Looking further, he sees another hatch in the floor, presumably leading downwards. It is painted in a faded warding circle: Perhaps to keep summoned things out if things went badly?

The pat down of the corpse reveals some minor material items for spells, and a few coins (50 GP).


female elan Psion (Kineticist) 9

Whoops, sorry for the late response. Didn't realize we had started back up. Somehow missed it over the weekend.

Do I have line of sight to the guy at the top of the stairs? Because if so he's about to take a very quick trip down, providing he weighs less than 250 lbs and fails a DC 17 Will save for Telekinetic thrust. Otherwise I'll hit one of the closer guys with a Recall Agony.


Human Wiz 8

Justin pockets the spell components, (you can never have too many!) the small bag of coins, (You can never have too much!) And Double checks that the recovered scroll tube is tucked securely into his inner coat pocket.

He glances curiously at the cat on top of the crate.
"Well, I'm glad you didn't get fried." he murmurs with a small smirk. "Although unless there are plenty of rats about, you may need to find a new owner now!" He adds, heading to the trapdoor and giving it a quick look-see to see if it is bolted or locked in any way before just grabbing it.


Bribes always welcome
Naridre Ro'Arisahshe wrote:

Whoops, sorry for the late response. Didn't realize we had started back up. Somehow missed it over the weekend.

Do I have line of sight to the guy at the top of the stairs? Because if so he's about to take a very quick trip down, providing he weighs less than 250 lbs and fails a DC 17 Will save for Telekinetic thrust. Otherwise I'll hit one of the closer guys with a Recall Agony.

No worries. we were offline for quite a bit, and some folks are still MIA . I don't think with the press of folks at the entrance you would have a good line of sight on the guy on the stairs, unless people in your way don't count. What's LoSruling on folks blocking you?


female elan Psion (Kineticist) 9

This is all I could find on Line of Sight/Effect.

Spoiler:
Line of Effect: A line of effect is a straight, unblocked path that indicates what a spell can affect. A line of effect is canceled by a solid barrier. It's like line of sight for ranged weapons, except that it's not blocked by fog, darkness, and other factors that limit normal sight.

You must have a clear line of effect to any target that you cast a spell on or to any space in which you wish to create an effect. You must have a clear line of effect to the point of origin of any spell you cast.

A burst, cone, cylinder, or emanation spell affects only an area, creature, or object to which it has line of effect from its origin (a spherical burst's center point, a cone-shaped burst's starting point, a cylinder's circle, or an emanation's point of origin).

An otherwise solid barrier with a hole of at least 1 square foot through it does not block a spell's line of effect. Such an opening means that the 5-foot length of wall containing the hole is no longer considered a barrier for purposes of a spell's line of effect.

Taldor

Male hu-man Paladin
Dungeon Monkey wrote:


No worries. we were offline for quite a bit, and some folks are still MIA . I don't think with the press of folks at the entrance you would have a good line of sight on the guy on the stairs, unless people in your way don't count. What's LoSruling on folks blocking you?

Common sense really, unless they're really big beefy tall characters, or carrying stuff that might obscure vision like flags or umbrellas, or the door frame is really low, it's not likely that she wouldn't be able to see the bad guys as long as she's got direct line of sight. Best to remember that those are 5 foot squares and the average person really doesn't come close to filling half that space. It looks like people are really clustered on the map but if that were the real world they'd be pretty spread out.


Bribes always welcome

Alright, sounds good. Nari has line of sight.

Will Save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

The robed khaasta screeches and drops 20 feet to the flagstones below

Man, that sucked for him ..LOL


Bribes always welcome
Justin Case wrote:
... heading to the trapdoor and giving it a quick look-see to see if it is bolted or locked in any way before just grabbing it.

Justin peers at the hatch door. It seems to have bolts on this side, two in all, both undone. While he ponders the door a sudden downpour of boiling water assails him from seemingly nowhere. The water stings his skin unmercifully, drumming on the floorboards as it thunders down.

2d6 ⇒ (4, 6) = 10 Fire damage from boiling water. Reflex DC 14 to halve


Human Wiz 8

Ref:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Well, speaking of 'that sucked for him'! ;P

"WhattheOWTHAT'SHOT!" Justin screams as the sudden deluge hammers him to the floor, temporarily stunning him and making it impossible to escape the boiling water.

My coat has a minor armor crystal, (DR1/-)so I'll take 9 points of dmg.

Justin rises from his unintentional kneeling. Steam rises from his shoulders. Not all of it is due to the hot water.

"So THAT'S how yo want to play it?" He asks, growling,...

Oops! gotta go! Finish post later!


Bribes always welcome

ROUND FOUR ACTIONS (updated):

Khaasta 18 [Attacking]
Mr. Swire: 18 [atk/hit/kill]
Issac: 17 [tumble/atk/miss]
Merle: 14 [Hideous laughter]
Karrin: 13 [atk/hit/kill]
Justin: 13 [boiling mad]
Drazek: 13 [pending]
Tiandra: 13 [Atk/miss]
Naridre: 13 [telekenesis]
Phaumee: 13 [Atk/miss]
Bethany: 13 [pending]
Ekuur: 10 [CMW-Karrin]

The robed khaasta falls to the flagstones with a *thump*. The bone-bedecked khaasta turns towards it. The large khaasta hisses and heads towards the door.

Gonna give Drazek and Bethany a chance to post, but I will DMPC soon if no response


Human Wiz 8

Justin throws his head from side to side, clearing water from his face. Flames already line his hands as he scans the area above him,,...

Per:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Ok, a nat 20 on Per ALMOST makes up for all of my bad saves in Pbp's yesterday! ;P

"OH Liiiiizie! Come out and Plaaaaaay!" Justin sing-songs. The wet wizard stares directly at the lizard.

"Which do you want to be? Suitcase, or boots?" He asks with an evil grin,...

Let me know when it's my turn! :)


M Human Witchblade 6{Hexblade 1/Warlock 5(favored)

Is the map updated? Sorry about the holdup, things were pretty crazy.


Female catfolk sorceror 9
Drazek Darkholme wrote:
Is the map updated? Sorry about the holdup, things were pretty crazy.

Up to date as far as I know.

8,451 to 8,500 of 12,206 << first < prev | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.