Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company

Game Master Patrick Curtin

This campaign is my attempt to play a canonical Planescape campaign using the updated Pathfinder ruleset. The game actually predates the release of Pathfinder, but we have managed to update as we have needed.


801 to 850 of 12,139 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Qadira

DO NOT STICK FINGERS IN CAGE
Karrin Kind wrote:

"This Guy's got some sort of magical Axe," Karrin calls out, "I'll need some healing after this"

** spoiler omitted **

LOL don't feel bad I forgot to add in all his damage bonuses when I adjucated the hit ...D'OH!


neuter Robbit (variant halfling with reptilian appearence) Rogue2 / Wizard (transmuter) 1

Greep moves over to the next table M21, getting in range to fire a blast from his wand ('cull wand essence' from 2nd lvl wand) 1d20+7=21, 3d6=12 at Hurv E11.


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade
Patrick Curtin wrote:


LOL don't feel bad I forgot to add in all his damage bonuses when I adjucated the hit ...D'OH!

All I can say is thank Rao it's cold damage, still, assuming this guy has multiple attacks Karrin could be going down this turn


Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk/2, Cleric/1

Ffethpaar is a bit far from the action to do much at the moment, so he will go around the tables to h14, ready to go to which ever group most needs support.


Bribes always welcome

Round 2 initiatives:
Server 3 (by K,G,F): 18
Eir: 14
Karrin: 14
Greep: 14
Swift: 14
Zigel: 13
Kratos: 13
Duuvarg: 13
Ffethpaar: 12
Fiendish scorpion: 11
Server 2 (by Swift): 12
Bartender: 8
Nurkrak (tattooed gobbo): 7 {down for the count}
Horv(LT2): 4 {DEAD}
Server 1 (by front door): 4
Kratos' Gobbo: 3 {incapacitated}

Greep scurries to the next table and releases a ray from his wand, striking Horv as he prepares to swing at Karrin's legs again. The goblin screeches, and there is a smell of burning goblin hair as his smoking corpse falls to the floor.

Swift's turn, then I can adjucate the posted actions of K,Z and F.


Female Tibbit Rogue 3

Swift gives a small irritated hiss at being hit but the server isn't her primary concern. "I said stay down" She growls at the bartender, unimpressed at his using a wand. Turning her hand crossbow on him she unleashes a bolt.

To Hit (including Deadly Aim) (1d20+2=16) +1 for masterworked that I forgot!
Damage (1d3+4=6)


Bribes always welcome

The bartender screams as Swift's crossbow bolt punches into his side and Zigel's ray of flame engulfs him in a caul of fire.

Kratos turns on the club-wielding goblin and tears a gobbet of flesh from his thigh. Bright green atrerial blood sprays the large bullhound yet again as the server gasps and falls to the floor.

Duuvarg snarls at Karrin, but she can see a glint of desperation in his beady eyes.

ATK: 1d20+13=26, Dam: 1d10+6=12, Frost: 1d6=1 Total: 13

The large blue crystal axehead sweeps into Karrin's side, leaving a wake of frigid air as it goes. Karrin feels the blow, but combat adrenaline blunts the pain for now.

Ffethpaar runs towards the melee at the back table, observing with dismay the several fallen corpses soaked in green blood. He is just in time to seee Karrin take a bad hit from the axe of Duuvarg. At the other side of the table a large scorpion lashes out at Eir, spiny claws clacking a staccato beat.

Claw: 1d20+1=18, Claw: 1d20+1=4, Tail: 1d20-4=10
Claw damage: 1d3-1=1

The large ugly spined scorpion manages to just nip Eir's leg with one claw, raising a nasty welt.

The server by Swift tries to club her again, this time aiming for her head.

ATK: 1d20+1=11

The slender hardwood club raps the bartop, missing the lithe tibbit.

The bartender, smoking from the fire attack from Zigel, and obviously hurting badly, dives over the bar, attempting to touch Zigel, chanting ominous Draconic words from his singed lips.

Touch attack: 1d20+5=14
Electrical damage: 4d6=12

Zigel feels his muscles jitter as a large surge of electricity surges through his body. His teeth clench painfully as arcs of blue fire wash over him.

The final server raises his billy club and readies to strike the twitching Zigel.

Club ATK: 1d20+1=11

The hardwood billy club just misses Zigel.

By now the other goblins have all scurried out the exits, heading for the hills.

On to Round 3


>>MAP<<


Eir twists and takes a 5 foot step (no AoO) to e11 and slashes viciously at the gobbo with the ice axe.

Sawtooth saber, damage: (1d20 4=9 (discard), 1d20 4=24 (keep), 1d8 1=8, 1d20 4=5 (no hit), 1d20 4=5 (no hit), 1d8 1=8)

Sawtooth saber confirm, damage: (1d20 4=7 (discard), 1d20 4=22 (keep), 1d8 1=8)

Eir does 16 hits to the ice gobbo.


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade

"Alright chuckles, you had some fun, now it's my turn,"

Spoiler:
power attack 3, Arcane Channeling shocking grasp through the axe, true strike in effect: attack, power attack damage, electrical damage (1d20 24=42, 1d12 10=15, 3d6=10)

Splat, 25 damage

Too bad it wasn't a critical

"You want another? Or do I have to get serious?"

Wow, between Karrin and Eir we just did 41 damage to the sucker . . . if he laughs this off prepare to run!


Greep moves to the middle of the room J18, and after seing Karrin let lose on her opponent, turns to launch a bolt at the server on Z.'s back. ranged +7-4 (firing into melee) : 1d20+3=9, 1d4=1
Crap


Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk/2, Cleric/1

Actually I should be at h14, not g14 as shown on the map

I need to know if the guy with the axe on the top table is finished yet. If not Ffethpaar will attempt to make him drop his axe with a command spell, then move to L12. Otherwise Ffethpaar will go help Swift and Zigel by moving to L12 and attacking the server there.

In the event of attacking the server...

If attacking the server in m12 (includes flanking bonus); Damage (if hits) (1d20 6=16, 1d4 2=4)


Bribes always welcome

Round 3 initiatives:

Eir: 14
Karrin: 14
Greep: 14
Swift: 14
Zigel: 13
Kratos: 13
Duuvarg: 13{down and dying}
Ffethpaar: 12
Fiendish scorpion: 11
Server 2 (by Swift): 12
Bartender: 8
Server 1 (by front door): 4

Eir sways through the chaos of the melee with the grace of a ballet dancer on stage and brings her serrated blades across Duuvarg in a blur of steel. The two blades find weak spots in his plate, sinking in deep and causing him to groan weakly.

With Duuvarg thus distracted, Karrin chants a handful of Draconic words loudly as she brings her axe up in a roundhouse arc. The blade sizzles with arcs of electricity like a Spring thunderhead. Karrin grimaces fiercely as she buries the axe deep into Duuvarg's neck. The goblin leader jitters and twitches, one eye exploding from his head in a gush of gore. The smell of burning goblin rises to the blackened rafters of the tavern.

Once I hear from Zigel& Kratos I will move forward.


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade

"Well my little green skinned freaks," Karrin shouts to the barroom as she watches her opponent fall, "That concludes our business, so unless anyone wants to get included in any pro bono work I suggest you make your way on out the back.

"Now before anyone gets any ideas I'd just like to say that I don't like killing for free but I'm not completely opposed to it either. It's not like it's against my religion or anything. Another thing to consider: I just went two for two, that's two swings - and two dead goblins. I'm told people who go three for three are entitled to a 10% discount off of summer ham down at the butchers . . . killing is such a senseless waste - but on the other hand I do like discount meat. So who wants to live and who wants to help Marra ta feed her man?" Karrin says licking her mouth, "he likes ham as well . . ."


"So much for asking questions."


seeing is master in trouble kratos rushes across the room and leaps at his masters attacker

Spoiler:

attack 19+3=22
Damage 5+3=8


Male Tiefling Invoker/3rd

Rolling away from the club wielding goblin zigel takes his aim at the the magic using goblin. Twin green balls of energy leap from his hand and fly unerringly to his foes chest

Spoiler:

Magic missile 5 and 3

sorry guys lost track of what round we was on thought I had posted


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade
Eir Haakonen wrote:
"So much for asking questions."

"This one's head is still attached," Karrin says pointing at the goblin with the frozen axe (sounds a bit like a movie title ;)), "but if you wanted to ask questions maybe you should have used that pretty little mouth of yours rather then those swords. You bloody well know that Marra don't do no talking. I'm paid ta fight and I figure you got your money's worth tonight!"


Bribes always welcome

OOps ... just noticed I haven't got Swift's action yet. Will post results as soon as I get that.


Karrin Kind wrote:
"... but if you wanted to ask questions maybe you should have used that pretty little mouth of yours rather then those swords. You bloody well know that Marra don't do no talking. I'm paid ta fight and I figure you got your money's worth tonight!"

"Not my money. But I just might pay you to shut up for a minute."


Bribes always welcome
Eir Haakonen wrote:
Karrin Kind wrote:
"... but if you wanted to ask questions maybe you should have used that pretty little mouth of yours rather then those swords. You bloody well know that Marra don't do no talking. I'm paid ta fight and I figure you got your money's worth tonight!"
"Not my money. But I just might pay you to shut up for a minute."

<snicker>


Bribes always welcome

Guess I can add Greep's action in since he goes before Swift:

Greep's bolt sizzles by the server trying to club in Zigel's head, narrowly missing and burning a hole in a clan banner hanging on the far wall.

Now it's officially Swift's turn.


Female Tibbit Rogue 3

It's easy to forget the tibbit, she's only small and gets herself trapped on the other side of portals :P

Cursing under her breath Swift moves back a little as she reloads her hand crossbow. Satisfied the bolt is in place she swings it up and fires at the bartender again.

5 foot step to avoid that silly AoO stuff, reload & attack
Ranged Attack (1d20+3=13)
Damage (if applicable) (1d3+4=6)


Bribes always welcome

Swift's crossbow bolt flys true, striking the bartender again. He moans as a spurt of greenish blood erupts from his neck where Swift's bolt has lodged. The bartender looks up into the angry face of Zigel, who is waving his hands and chanting Draconic words in a most determined manner. Greenish orbs form in Zigel's hands as the bartender's eyes glaze over in defeat.

Zigel's twin orbs of energy fly unerringly into the face of the bartender goblin, blasting his bluish countenance into a burnt mask of agony. His eyes melt into smoking jelly as the arcane energy frys his features. He collapses on top of the bar, a small pair of vestigial wings at his shoulders twitching feebly. A trickle of greenish blood drips down from his mouth and pools, smoking slightly, on the bar top.

Kratos barrels full speed into the server attacking his master, leaping up to grab his throat. His large set of fangs clamps down and rips out another artery, drenching his blood-spattered coat with a new layer of green ichor. Someone's going to need a bath later.

Ffethpaar runs to the server attempting to brain Swift with his club. He whirls his sling over his head, throwing the stone with deadly accuracy. The heavy stone hits the goblin as he prepares to attack Swift again, eliciting a howl as it breaks a rib.

The large scorpion clacks and follows Eir as it tries to attack her once again,

Claw:1d20+1=5, Claw: 1d20+1=6,Tail: 1d20-4=6

The large insect gets tangled in Nukrak's spiked chain and chitters angrily, snapping its claws and lashing its' tail futilely.

The server by Swift, seeing that the bartender has fallen and that he is sorely wounded from Ffethpaar's sling stone, decides that discretion is the better part of valor. He sprints for the swinging kitchen doors at the end of the bar, knocking them aside and disappearing into the room beyond..


>>MAP<<

On to round 4


Eir turns and slashes at the pesky scorpion.

Saber, damage: (1d20 4=13 (keep), 1d20 4=5 (disc), 1d8 1=8, 1d20 4=13(disc), 1d20 4=15(keep), 1d8 1=5)

Hits AC 13 for 5, hits AC 15 for 5.


Bribes always welcome

Round 4 initiatives:

Eir: 14
Karrin: 14
Greep: 14
Swift: 14
Zigel: 13
Kratos: 13
Ffethpaar: 12
Fiendish scorpion: 11

Hrm, doesn't look so good for the lil' critter, LOL

Eir's sabers rake the spiny creature, one glancing off its' crimson carapace, the other carving a claw off at the joint, spraying Eir with a viscous snot-colored ichor.

The scorp lost a claw attack (not that it's really going to matter)


Bribes always welcome

Greep is observing the melee between Eir and the scorpion when he hears a chittering sound. A large, evil-looking rat drops onto the booth table and lunges at him.


neuter Robbit (variant halfling with reptilian appearence) Rogue2 / Wizard (transmuter) 1

Am I suprised or something? Also I had moved to J18 last round, not that it helped with my shooting. But thats not important - this rat looks more fun. Note: with my spell up, my AC is 20.

If suprised:

Spoiler:
Greep recoils in suprise, hearing in his mind 'the fiend in shadows'- is this the creature he was warned of?

If he can act:

Spoiler:
Greep reacts instantly, hearing in his mind 'the fiend in shadows'- perhaps that fiend has shown himself. Greep lets loose a wand blast at his foe.1d20+7=17, 3d6=9

Either way Greep says:
You. Dirty. Rat. I'm gonna ruub you out- See.
-GreeP-

Qadira

DO NOT STICK FINGERS IN CAGE
Greep wrote:

Am I suprised or something? Also I had moved to J18 last round, not that it helped with my shooting. But thats not important - this rat looks more fun. Note: with my spell up, my AC is 20.

If suprised: ** spoiler omitted **

If he can act:** spoiler omitted **

Either way Greep says:
You. Dirty. Rat. I'm gonna ruub you out- See.
-GreeP-

Oops, must have missed the move with all the chaos about. You were surprised by the rat's appearance, it had been stalking you, waiting to strike.


>>updated map,,


Bribes always welcome

The large red-eyed rat sqeals loudly as his teeth snap at Greep. Greep isn't sure, but the squeals almost sound like words. Roll a Perception check to see if Ratty McRatster is saying anything.

The rat is getting one free bite on you, then we will do normal initiative.

Rat attack:1d20+1=18, 1d3=1

The large rat sprays Greep's face with foul-smelling spittle as his long incisors clack together inches from Greep's nose.


neuter Robbit (variant halfling with reptilian appearence) Rogue2 / Wizard (transmuter) 1

Is that a hit? I never remember if flat-footed applies to surprise during combat.

perception: 1d20+7=25

Want a new initiative for me and Ratty? Init:1d20+4=18

"He tried to bite me!" -greep- "Someone needs a muzzle."

Quick- everyone look for Mole and Badger.


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade

"You go splat now!" Karrin says swinging her axe down on the silly insect,

Spoiler:
I think I know what I did wrong, I put a "," instead of a ";"

Anyways Karrin gets a +1 from height advantage over the scorpion and she's putting it into power attack: Attack, damage (1d20 7, 1d12 6=[19, 7], [12, 6])

That's 26 to hit and 18 damage

also I thought that summons disappear when the summoner drops . . . but I'm not 100% on the ruling


Bribes always welcome
Greep wrote:

Is that a hit? I never remember if flat-footed applies to surprise during combat.

perception: 1d20+7=25

Want a new initiative for me and Ratty? Init:1d20+4=18

"He tried to bite me!" -greep- "Someone needs a muzzle."

Quick- everyone look for Mole and Badger.

I'm going to say the extra attack is his bonus for surprising you. You aren't flat footed, so he missed. Might as well do an initiative roll

RAT INIT: 1d20+1=7

Greep seems to hear "You killeee maaster ...eeee ...you dieeeeee." in the high-pitched squealings.


Bribes always welcome
Karrin Kind wrote:

"You go splat now!" Karrin says swinging her axe down on the silly insect... also I thought that summons disappear when the summoner drops . . . but I'm not 100% on the ruling

Hmm ..have to look at the ruling, but no matter now since:

Karrin's axe slams down on the scorpion's back, smashing it into a jellified stew of twitching legs and neon-colored fluids.


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade

"Damn it, they only count humanoid," Karrin says to the dissolving goo, "I wanted that discount."


Eir is going to try to keep their caster alive, if possible.


neuter Robbit (variant halfling with reptilian appearence) Rogue2 / Wizard (transmuter) 1

Greep reachs into his jacket, as if to draw a weapon, but his hand comes out clutching a rope which he waves ineffectually at the rat. He also draws with his other hand his mithril wand, dropping his previous wand in the process.

"Gaaah- a talking rat! Stay away! Stay away!" -greep- "Don't let it -capture- me in -it-s dirty paws!"

Greep swings the rope at Ratty, acting like a 50's housewife shooing a mouse.


Bribes always welcome

The summoning caster is at -7 HP now and fading, so pretty well dead without serious magical assistance.

Aside from the angry chitterings of Greep's rodent foe, the tavern is silent. green blood spatters the floor and walls, and the smell of death hangs heavy in the air.

Greep are you attacking the rat or just trying to keep it busy? Also, Perception checks puhleeze from Eir and Karrin.


Female Tibbit Rogue 3

Swift's ears twitch a little as she climbs over the bar again. Her eyes lighting up a little she goes on a hunt for the source of the chittering with a small smile on her face.


seeing his master out of danger,kratos picks up on the struggle behind him. seeing a small geep[ towleggers are so sososo odd the thinks] fending off the rat he rushes to his aid jaws wide as he leaps at the rat.

Spoiler:

attack 12+3=15
damage 5+3=8


Male Tiefling Invoker/3rd

Zigel activates his belt. He starts to stand as the rush of healing magic runs though him and he scans the room for danger.

"That went well a' cutters"

Spoiler:

healing belt 2+7+4=13

if the rat was missed he blasts it
23 and damage 7
crit if needed 9+3=12


Eir channels positive energy. Everyone within 30 gains three hit points, which should put the caster at -4.

Channel: (1d6=3)

She tries to stop the loss of blood from the ragged gashes. Here are two round's rolls:

Heal: (1d20 3=5)

Heal 2: (1d20 3=16)


D.Monkey wrote:
Greep are you attacking the rat or just trying to keep it busy?

The greepster was setting up 'animate rope' to try to capture Ratty so we'd have someone to question if sorcerer croaked. he he- greep said croaked Greep thinks its an imp- he's stuck on the fiend clue. His actions were supposed to look like panicked flailing to the rat. But since deception got split in two, he don't got no 'bluff'. (snif)


Bribes always welcome

The chittering rises to a high-pitched squeal as Kratos' large jaws chomp down on the rat, picking it up and shaking it violently, spraying Greep with the half-congealed bits of greenish goblin gore stuck loosely to his coat. There is a *crack* sound and the rat flops limp. Kratos proceeds to swallow it down.

Technically you had first move Swift, but I figured that Kratos was near enough to grab the rat. Still waiting on Perception checks Eir and Karrin.

There is a moment of silence as the combat ends, punctuated only by the moans of the gobiln that Ffethpaar gave first aid to. Eir swings her whip over her head and invokes Calistria, a wave of light winking out and touching those around her with a balming glow. everyone in the area of the heal gain 3 HPs .. think this is just Eir and Karrin though After, Eir attempts to bind the gashes she ripped in Nurkrak's tattooed hide, with relative success. The caster is greyish-green, but he breathes shallowly, in a shock coma.


Female Tibbit Rogue 3

The tibbit gives a brief annoyed sigh as her potential plaything is snapped up by the stinky dog and instead goes to investigate the bartender's body, the wand he had looked interesting.


Bribes always welcome

Swift quickly rifles through the bartender's belongings. As she does, she notices that this particular goblin had some decidedly reptilian features. He sports a small pair of vesitigial wings, and his skin is faintly scaly in places.

The blue crystal icicle wand is still clenched in his hand. He also has a small throwing dagger with a heart-shaped red garnet pommel and the Draconic runes "Heartseeker" etched along the blade. Swift notices a amethyst brooch on the bartender's robe, shaped like a dragon's scale. Inside the gem's depth, faint foggy runes slowly appear and disappear, right on the edge of readability.

There is roughtly 50 GP in miscellaneous coins in the bartender's pockets, and a large pink-colored pearl that is carved in interesting ridges all along its' surface. There is a pouch of what look to be material components of several kinds.

Swift also spies an iron-bound cashbox under the bar. The key's whereabouts elude her for the moment. There is also a finely-wrought crossbow and a bundle of 10 bolts under the bar.


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade

Karrin is quite oblivious to her surroundings

perception (1d20-1=9)

She does grab that crystal axe and any other trinkets she can find, including any possible necklaces that might be on the corpses (seeing as greep mentioned something about that), and while she's rolling the bodies she will make sure everyone is dead (and not just playing possum).


Bribes always welcome

Karrin begins searching her opponent Duuvarg's corpse. She is quite certain he is dead, especially when large smoking swatches of his flesh come off at her touch like crispy pork skin.

There is of course his axe. Of a size to Karrin's own, but with a translucent blue crystal head, and a shaft of a dark wood wreathed in mithril bands and strange runes picked out in silver up and down the pole's sides. Karrin can feel the chill coming off it, much less than while it was being used, but still there.

Karrin grips the axe ,

Spoiler:
and is mesmerized as her viewpoint falls away and she is suddenly flying above huge mountains of granite sheathed in glaciers. A blizzard whips around her, and she shreiks with glee, but it is not her voice that shreiks, rather an alien wild voice that seems one with the howling storm around her. An alien feeling in her head makes one sound clear to her:

Ferissirion

Is the closest her mind can make of the alien sound, it sounding more like the sounds of wind and snow rattling against a window at the height of a storm.

Eir notices as she looks around that Karrin has frozen in place, staring off into space like a sleepwalker, gripping Duuvarg's axe.

801 to 850 of 12,139 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.