Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company

Game Master Patrick Curtin

This campaign is my attempt to play a canonical Planescape campaign using the updated Pathfinder ruleset. The game actually predates the release of Pathfinder, but we have managed to update as we have needed.


601 to 650 of 11,969 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

"Why is it that I think you're going to tell me we're not heading back to our kips for a sound sleep, Ffeth?"


female Tiefling 8th level Duskblade

"The Goblins started chasing you when you approached the gates or when you went inside?" Karrin asks.


Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk/2, Cleric/1
Eir Haakonen wrote:
"Why is it that I think you're going to tell me we're not heading back to our kips for a sound sleep, Ffeth?"

"I do not now why, I am afraid. My pardon. But we need to be at the Dungeon Crawl, by the first hour before Peak. Which I think is going to be too soon for any kipping. We must find out what we can at the bar and then join the others. I do not know if you would feel better on your own or with me for some backup should there be any trouble. But the others should be nearby and should be joined by us soon."


Bribes always welcome

After the uncermonious tunneljacking of Rab Norgins is finished, Fftehpaar and Eir are left standing on Crystal Dew Lane with half the fourth hour of After Antipeak gone. 430 AM There is unfortunately a problem, in that even running top speed to the Lower Ward where the Dungeon Crawl tavern is located will take over two hours. In fact if you look up you can see the flames of the Lower Ward foundries high above your heads on Sigil's Arch.

Both please give me a Perception roll please. Eir, a Knowledge(Sigil) as well :)


Perc, Know : (1d20 8=24, 1d20 7=11)


Bribes always welcome
Eir Haakonen wrote:
Perc, Know : (1d20 8=24, 1d20 7=11)

As Eir and Fftehpaar struggle to figure out how to get to the Lower Ward, Eir's eye is suddenly caught by a broadsheet tacked up along the brickfront of an adjacent building:

GRAND OPENING!

Amberion's Awesome Aerial Adventures!

Enhance your repetoire of sensations with a truly new experience!

View the wonder of Sigil from an Angel's eye view!

Be the envy of your Sensate friends when you are the first to experience this truly magical ride!

Third block from the Civic Festhall, just off Crystal Dew Lane!

Management does not insure safety of riders. Riders must follow instructions of driver or risk death by falling. All sales final


"Ffeth."

"Wanna go for a ride?"


neuter Robbit (variant halfling with reptilian appearence) Rogue2 / Wizard (transmuter) 1

The Goblins started chasing you when you approached the gates or when you went inside?" Karrin asks

"The alert call went up while I was circling the building, looking for wards or other ways in." -greep- "I have not yet tried to enter."

"I would agree with the need to plan and return- but we would be abandoning Swift. I Promised I would aid her at her need. Departing before she returns is not a choice I can make easily." -greep-


Bribes always welcome
Greep wrote:

The Goblins started chasing you when you approached the gates or when you went inside?" Karrin asks

"The alert call went up while I was circling the building, looking for wards or other ways in." -greep- "I have not yet tried to enter."

"I would agree with the need to plan and return- but we would be abandoning Swift. I Promised I would aid her at her need. Departing before she returns is not a choice I can make easily." -greep-

Time has been passing while the trio sit and whisper in a dark corner of the New Market District. It is now as far as they can tell the fourth hour of After Antipeak 4 AM and the rain is slackening a bit. The sooty smog from the nearby Foundry District coagulates in the air, making it hard to breathe without wheezing.

The three have noticed various dawdlers here and there, and have slunk into the shadows on occasion as beings came close. There is starting to be a little more activity in Crackskull Close, more goblins issuing from the subterranian stairway and departing on various errands. You see what you take as a guard change at the warehouse: One goblin leaves and another enters. A while later you see five goblins troop up to the warehouse and enter.


Bribes always welcome
Eir Haakonen wrote:

"Ffeth."

"Wanna go for a ride?"

Ffethpaar I am going to assume you have no issue with checking this place out. If you do, feel free to tell me and I will retcon the timeframe.

The two squint at the instructions on the broadsheet and venture out into the streets of the Festhall District. The travel isn't far, and you reach the building where the 'ride' is located.

An old shopfront has been converted by a coat of vivid paint into a mural of Jinn and Arabian-style figures whisking around a desert scene on flying carpets. The mural sports the logo of Amberion's Awesome Aerial Adventures across the entire shop's front. Unfortunately, it looks as if Amberion doesn't do night tours. The shop is locked and there seem to be no lights on. A quick perusal of the alleyways show no side entrances or a back courtyard, the shop is built tight against others with just a walking width 3ft/1 M between them.

Next move?


Knock on the door first.

If nobody is there... steal a magic carpet?


Bribes always welcome
Eir Haakonen wrote:

Knock on the door first.

If nobody is there... steal a magic carpet?

Eir pounds on the door of the shop. After a minute, you see a light appear in an upper room and then disappear. Another minute later you hear footsteps clomping up to the door. The door is opened a crack, revealing a stout chain and a gentleman you would assume is Amberion.

Amberion is dressed in a tattered robe, his dark hair flattened and rumpled. He has narrow brown eyes, an impressive nose, and caramel-colored skin. He is somewhere north of his youth, and has a softness to his face and hands that speaks of a scholarly or wizardly life. He holds a tallow candle in a brass holder and squints out the crack of the door at Eir and Fftehpaar.

"Do you berks have any idea what sodding time it is? What in the bloody Hells do yeh want?"


"Sorry to bother you, Sir, but we're wondering what it would cost for an early hours impromptu tour? We would be willing to pay considering the extraordinary circumstances."

Where the heck are we going again?


Bribes always welcome
Eir Haakonen wrote:

"Sorry to bother you, Sir, but we're wondering what it would cost for an early hours impromptu tour? We would be willing to pay considering the extraordinary circumstances."

Where the heck are we going again?

LOL, you are headed to the New Market District in the Lower Ward. Roll me some Diplomacy and hope for a high score.

Amberion peers out at you through sleep-addled eyes

"An' early-hour tour? Feh, yeh've been at the funny mushrooms. Yeh want a ride, they're 50 Ladies per body during Peaklight hours."


Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk/2, Cleric/1

Ffethpaar has ben silent for some time now, thinking about how he got here and what he was doing. Then he looks at Amberion, then at Eir.

"You wish for a ride? What a wonderful idea!" and looks expectantly at Amberion.

Diplomacy. (1d20+7=21)


Bribes always welcome
Ffethpaar wrote:

Ffethpaar has ben silent for some time now, thinking about how he got here and what he was doing. Then he looks at Amberion, then at Eir.

"You wish for a ride? What a wonderful idea!" and looks expectantly at Amberion.

Diplomacy. (1d20+7=21)

Amberion and Ffethpaar dicker a bit, Ffethpaar smiling wide at the sleepy man. Finally, he relents.

"Okay, I'll run you both there for 200 Ladies and not a Green less. Yeh'll both have to hang on, and pray there aint no flying berks flapping around the skies at this gods-awful hour."


Dip: (1d20...20+9=29)

Eir adjusted he breastplate so that her voluptuousness is on display, then tells him where they need to go, and that they need to arrive surreptitiously.


female Tiefling 8th level Duskblade

"So maybe you could lure a couple more goblins into an ambush," Karrin says looking to her axe, "I'm sure it would be a big help to get our hands on some of the necklaces . . . maybe we could find a couple of doomguards to rough up and take the blame first though . . ."


Eir Haakonen wrote:

Dip: (1d20...20+9=29)

Eir adjusted he breastplate so that her voluptuousness is on display, then tells him where they need to go, and that they need to arrive surreptitiously.

You can tell I wrote that one running out the door.


neuter Robbit (variant halfling with reptilian appearence) Rogue2 / Wizard (transmuter) 1
Karrin wrote:
"So maybe you could lure a couple more goblins into an ambush," Karrin says looking to her axe, "I'm sure it would be a big help to get our hands on some of the necklaces . . . maybe we could find a couple of doomguards to rough up and take the blame first though . . ."

"That was my first thought as they chased me (except for the Doomguards), but they sent group of four after me. My worry is for Swift, as such an action could increase security to the point she would have no way out of the building."

-greep-eep-

"I think something may be happening at the warehouse. That is the only time I have seen such a large group enter. It could be shift change for both the sentries and those through the gate- which might give Swift her chance." -greep-


Bribes always welcome
Eir Haakonen wrote:
Eir Haakonen wrote:

Dip: (1d20...20+9=29)

Eir adjusted he breastplate so that her voluptuousness is on display, then tells him where they need to go, and that they need to arrive surreptitiously.

You can tell I wrote that one running out the door.

LOL

Eir jumps into the discussion, her best assets on prominent display. Amberion is suitably impressed, and the haggling continues.

"Hmmm. Well, I've already been woke up, an' I always like to help folks in distress. Tell you what, I'll drop it to my normal price of 100 Ladies, but don't let anyone else know I'm bein' a cully about this. I'll try to put you down surrepticiously, but it's hard to be considerin' what we're ridin'."

If you decide to pony up the fare:

Spoiler:
Amberion ushers you into his kip. The foyer room is gaudily decorated in a faux Arabian decor, with brass lamps and silks strewn about. Amberion leads you both up a staircase that deposits you at roof level after three flights. He grabs a heavy leather fur-lined cloak from the top landing and drapes it around his dressing robe.

The rooftop is flat and empty, except for a large copper-colored pavilion that is pitched in the center of it. Amberion motions you back and does a little handwaving and muttering by the flap. He then motions for you to come forward.

You approach the tent as Amberion opens the flap and see that there is a large reddish ornately detailed rug stretched out within. The rug sits slightly off the roof, it looks as if someone has stretched it onto a framework of wood to make it stiff. Amberion sits as the front of the rug and looks at you two

"Sit down cutters, an' grab those loops on the side. Ol' Rashida can give a bumpy ride when there's fog about, an' yeh never know when I might have to jink in midair. Keep yer clothes in, and wrap up, upstairs is colder than street level."

You both see the loops he indicated, spaced at the side of the rug and tied into the framework.

As you get situated, Amberion puts on some leather goggles and fiddles with what looks like a small thick wand of some sort. He grasps it horizontally and looks back at you two. Once he is assured you are both secure, he raises the wand slightly and the carpet levitates off the roof. Amberion guides it slowly out of the pavillion, using the wand in his hand to control its' movements. As soon as the rug is free of the pavillion, Amberion warns you to hang on and shouts,

"Alaayzee!"

The stiff carpet launches into the air, travelling at an incredible rate straight up. Both please roll me a DC10 Fortitude check for nausea . You see the Festhall District dwindle below as the rushing air claws at your eyes. You rocket towards the far side of Sigil, the Arch becoming more and more distinct as you hurtle towards it. The flames of the Foundry District become larger and larger, and a few short minutes later Amberion is dropping you in a small courtyard by the New Market. He waves as you get off, telling Eir that he will have to visit the new Temple of Calistria she told him about, and thanking Fftehpaar for the tips on cooking flounder with fennel. You get off the rug slightly dizzy, and Amberion launches back towards the Festhall District, leaving a group of open-mouthed pedestrians in his wake. It is now the fifth hour of After Antipeak 5 AM and the darkness is definately becoming a bit less dim.


Bribes always welcome

The trio of Zigel, Karrin and Greep sit and observe the area for a while more. The night is stretching on, and the fifth hour of After Antipeak 5 AM approaches with little seen from the neighborhood. The rain has slackened, but now there is fog starting to creep around the corners. The ambient light level is starting to brighten, heralding the arrival of Before Peak in an hour.

You three give me both a Perception and Stealth roll puhleeze.


Eir ponies up the fare.

Fortitude: (1d20 2=12)


neuter Robbit (variant halfling with reptilian appearence) Rogue2 / Wizard (transmuter) 1

Perception +7 (+2 listen) ; stealth +13 : 1d20+7=17, 1d20+13=22


female Tiefling 8th level Duskblade

Perception, Stealth (1d20-1=10, 1d20 3=17)

Karrin probably sees and hears nothing but is relatively quiet about doing it.

"So here's the plan, me and Zigel go find us some doomguard to beat on, then we come back hear and you lure some more goblins back to our thrashed doomguards, and then we take out the goblins and nobody's the wiser. Who's gonna look into a bloody fight between goblins and doomguards? Once we get our hands on some of those necklaces we might be able to get into their and rescue Swift . . . or maybe Swift is pinned down somewhere and needs a distraction to escape, either way I like this plan, it let's me mash on some fools."

Karrin looks around, as if only now seeing the fog, "and this fog could be in our favor!" she says with a devilish look on her face, "goblins can see in the dark, but nobody can see through fog."


Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk/2, Cleric/1

They can go Dutch and Ffethpaar will pay his half

Ffethpaar grabs on to the loops and looks around with interest. He seems to find flying an exhilerating experience. 'Wheeeee!' he thinks in a lizardy sort of way. Not that he would ever say that out loud of course.

Fortitude to stop getting airsick. (1d20+4=17)


Bribes always welcome
Greep wrote:
Perception +7 (+2 listen) ; stealth +13 : 1d20+7=17, 1d20+13=22

Greep hears a faint whooshing sound overhead. He glances up in time to see a large rectangular object fly overhead. The fog is thickening, so he doesn't make out what exactly it is, but it seems to be lowering towards the New Market area.


Bribes always welcome
Ffethpaar wrote:

They can go Dutch and Ffethpaar will pay his half

Ffethpaar grabs on to the loops and looks around with interest. He seems to find flying an exhilerating experience. 'Wheeeee!' he thinks in a lizardy sort of way. Not that he would ever say that out loud of course.

Fortitude to stop getting airsick. (1d20+4=17)

After the exhilaration of an aerial jaunt through Sigil's sky, Ffethpaar feels invigorated. The fuzziness of the late hour has faded, and he and Eir stand at a courtyard by a large marketplace. Stalls are still open, but many merchants are packing up for the evening. You both can see merchants leaving the area and other merchants just arriving. Many of them share the small wooden stalls, 'hot seating' them with their wares after the other merchant has packed theirs up.

Thoughts on next move?


Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk/2, Cleric/1

To Eir

"Did Mr Norgins, give you any hint as to where to find the Dungeon Crawl? I assume it should be somewhere near."

He looks around, rolling a spot check as he does so... Or... would that be perception?

Looking for signs of the Dungeon Crawl or aything that might hint at it's whereabouts. (1d20+6=24)


Dungeon Monkey wrote:

Thoughts on next move?

Ffethpaar wrote:
Looking for signs of the Dungeon Crawl or aything that might hint at it's whereabouts.

lol. I haven't the foggiest idea where it is. Eir lives here so I assume she knows where to find stuff.

I think we need to go get out friends before we drop in on the gobbos at Dungeon Crawl (an hour before peak) anyway, unless we want to get seriously dead. Now, if Renkar hasn't provided us with the information on where to find our comrades then we're kind of f&*%ed. I was under the impression that he told Ffeth where to find them.


Male Tiefling Invoker/3rd

with a wicked grin on his face he truns to karrin

"Ya cunning cutter ya...good plan sounds fun, never put a doomguard in the deadbook, Shouldn't be hard to rustle lass. Lets go have a bit of sport shall we"

preception 9 and krato's roll 19+7=26


neuter Robbit (variant halfling with reptilian appearence) Rogue2 / Wizard (transmuter) 1

-gre-greep-

"Thinking about it, I believe the goblin merchant should be going to his stall to sell salt soon. Might it be better to 'mug' him and get the necklace?" -greep- "Also, do we really want to start killing uninvolved folk on our first case? With that kind of start, we'll be comitting genocide within the decade."

"Swift seems not to have been caught yet, so now that we're all together-- wait, where are Ffethpaar and Eir? I was so worried about Swift, I forgot to ask." -greep-

Now if you want to start killing vermin like tinker gnomes or kender- I'm all for it.


Male Tiefling Invoker/3rd

"Cutter no one will morn a few doomguard. We can do it your way or both and have the Doomgaurd fix are gobo issue for us. either way goodtimes. HUMM them two haven't seen em they were still out we we left."

He thinks to himself for a bit then looks to geep

" Your call cutter how ya want to do this? Dead doomguard or goblins it ends in the deadbook either way, do matter much to me which one long as its not one of us A''


Bribes always welcome

You two are as bad as my dad. If you want to find something, how about asking directions? A Diplomacy roll would be a good start.

The two look around the marketplace. There are several drinking establishments, but none seems to be the Dungeon Crawl. Eir seems to recall that Crackskull Close was on the other side of the market, and it is probably a safe bet that the gobbos wouldn't stray far from their home turf when it came to picking a drinking establishment. You also know that your comrades are lurking about somewhere close to the goblin's warehouse, which is also in Crackskull Close.


Bribes always welcome

When the object that Greep had seen goes overhead, Kratos begins to whine, wagging his tail in a frantic manner and jumping up and twirling about. He starts to run down the street, then stops and looks at you all, whinging.


When you last mentioned the time for us it was 4:30. The meeting is at 11. SO I think we should go find the others. In the meantime:

Eir strolls up to a merchant: "You wouldn't be able to direct us to the Dungeon Crawl, would you?"

1d20 9=25


Bribes always welcome

Actually the meeting is set for the first hour of Before Peak (6 AM) and you are currently at the last hour of After Antipeak (5 AM). so time is rolling.

The merchant looks up and smiles at Eir.

"The Gobbo's local? Well darlin' it's just over blah,blah..."

The merchant goes into a fairly involved set of directions through the narrow stalls, but Eir feels she can follow it. The pub is off an alley known as 'Rat Twitch'.

"Yeh'll want to be careful poking yer brainbox in that place darlin'" The merchant warns Eir. "Those gobbos can be a bit cranky, an' they don't like cutters coming into their pub. I had a mate got shanked right outside the place."


"I imagine there will be a fair amount of shanking while we're there. Thank you kindly, Sir."

Eir wants to know where it is, so she and Ffeth are going to do a walk by, very nonchalantly so that we know where it is (edit here). Specifically, she wants to find spotters (guys who keep a lookout outside, you know, like at a crack-house), guards, and entrances/exits.

She keeps herself tucked well inside her Obi-wan cloak.

If you need them, here are some rolls: (Perception 1d20+8=20, Stealth 1d20+9=11, Knowledge Sigil 1d20+7=26)


The time thing messes me up, I thought peak means noon. And first hour before peak sounded like 11 to me.

It makes sense now that I think about it.


Bribes always welcome
Eir Haakonen wrote:
The time thing messes me up, I thought peak means noon. And first hour before peak sounded like 11 to me.

Yeah it takes getting used to. Brief rundown. Sigil's day is 24 hrs, but unlike our am/pm it is split into 4 sections, not 2:

Before Peak (6am-11am)
After Peak (12pm-5pm)
Before Antipeak (6pm-11pm)
After Antipeak (12am-5am)

Cagers further confuse things by calling day and night Peak and Antipeak. Peak is also the word for noon and Antipeak the word for midnight ...LOL got to love a place with no sun or moon! I will endeavor to post the am/pm equivalents to avoid confusion.


Bribes always welcome
Eir Haakonen wrote:

"I imagine there will be a fair amount of shanking while we're there. Thank you kindly, Sir."

Eir wants to know where it is, so she and Ffeth are going to do a walk by, very nonchalantly so that we know where it is (edit here). Specifically, she wants to find spotters (guys who keep a lookout outside, you know, like at a crack-house), guards, and entrances/exits.

She keeps herself tucked well inside her Obi-wan cloak.

If you need them, here are some rolls: (Perception 1d20+8=20, Stealth 1d20+9=11, Knowledge Sigil 1d20+7=26)

Eir and Ffethpaar stroll through the stalls of the New Market, blending in with the late-hour crowd. The marketplace has a few loiterers, the Dustmen-Shift workers from the Foundry District are starting to peruse the food stalls for a bite of supper. As you amble on, you notice a stall set up with a goblin manning it. The sign says 'salt' and there is a stylized broken claw sigil on the storefront as well. This is closer to the goblin's neighborhood on the far side of the New Market from where Amberion had let you off.


Landmark, check.


Bribes always welcome

You two stroll past the goblin merchant without incident. You both travel to the end of the New Market and begin to travel down the narrow byways of the Lower Ward's New Market District residential areas, heading for Crackskull Close. You notice that as you go further into the area, the tenements get shabbier and the storefronts less appealing.

As you walk along warily, scanning for signs of trouble, you hear a very familiar whinging. There is a bullhound nearby.

getting closer to regrouping! :)


Dungeon Monkey wrote:
...

Eir and Ffeth look for the dog.


neuter Robbit (variant halfling with reptilian appearence) Rogue2 / Wizard (transmuter) 1

When the object that Greep had seen goes overhead, Kratos begins to whine, wagging his tail in a frantic manner and jumping up and twirling about. He starts to run down the street, then stops and looks at you all, whining.

"I think Kratos knows something we don't." -greep- "Let's follow."

What is it Lassie? Is Eir stuck in the well?"


Bribes always welcome

Eir and Ffethpaar scan for the bullhound in the fog. They spot Kratos, who bounds towards them, followed by Greep, Zigel, and Karrin. It is now almost Before Peak 5:30 AM and the fog is thickening around the group as they approach each other.

One more Perception for everyone please :)

EDIT: Eir, you realize by the directions the merchant gave you that you are quite near the entrance to Rat Twitch Alley and the Dungeon Crawl Tavern.


"We found the middle man and gatejacked him."

Eir will inform them that there is a meeting at the Dungeon Crawl, give a brief on Norgins and what they've done. Halfway through she pauses and asks, "Ummm, where's Swift?"


Perception: 1d20+8=16


neuter Robbit (variant halfling with reptilian appearence) Rogue2 / Wizard (transmuter) 1

Perception +7 (+2 listen) 1d20+7=21


Bribes always welcome
Greep wrote:
Perception +7 (+2 listen) 1d20+7=21

Greep:

Spoiler:
As you all whisper and share your information in a quiet corner, something nags at your perception. You keep an eye towards Crackskull Close and you catch the salt warehouse door swinging open and five goblins departing from it, quite possibly the ones who entered a while back. They seem to be standing on the loading dock by the large doors. At the same time you hear the sound of a wagon clattering down the street towards your area.

601 to 650 of 11,969 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.