Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Chronicles of the River Kingdoms.

Game Master Waterhammer

Chapter One: Into the Stolen Lands.

Damp Cave

Deeper level

The Greenbelt- Exploration.

Map of Oleg's.


1 to 50 of 650 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

As the evening at the Champion pup house winds down, all eyes turn to Edran Hull. When will he make his announcement?
At last he steps forward. "Ahem. Ah. Thank you all for coming."

He pauses then continues on in a louder voice. "As you all know, there are five charters. As you can see, there are more than five of you here."

"Each of you has been assigned a room, and each of you will be given a key that is tagged with your room number. If you are one of the few who has been selected, you will find your charter on the pillow of your bed."

The Constable brings out a small wooden box. With quick efficiency he calls out names and hands each person a key.

Key in hand, you hurry to your door, marked with a number that matches the key you hold. Inside you find the room not empty, as expected. Instead there is a man sitting in the corner chair. In his hand he holds a scroll tied with a blue ribbon. 'Don't be alarmed." He says. "This is your charter. We just would like to shroud your identities and leaving in some secrecy.

He hands you the charter, then opens a hidden panel in the wall. A narrow dark stair leads down into the darkness.

"There's a carriage in the alley. It will take you to Nivakta's Crossing. From there you are on your own. Good luck."

It was a different man in each room.

The coach ride to Nivakta's Crossing is bumpy and unpleasant. The night is chill, the coach, squeaky, and its wheels rumble. Still, sleep is possible. Enough for you to march on to Fort Serenko, without a stopover in Nivakta's Crossing.

At Fort Serenko you are able to get some much needed rest, the fort does have a road house for the comfort of travelers.

The next days march is into the Stolen Lands. This part is pleasant enough. The landscape is meadow land, and rolling gentle hills with a rich sprinkling of hardwood and pine groves. The hardwoods are skeletal and bare. The buds of spring are still a ways off. Stubborn snowbanks still linger in the shadiest places. The grass is flattened and soggy.

Late into the afternoon A hill fort looms into sight. It could only be Oleg's Trading Post. The outpost stands at the top of a broad, but low, grassy hill, giving it a commanding view of the surrounding countryside. It is surrounded by a wall of sturdy, close set vertical logs, a palisade.
Roughly rectangular, the fort has four shake shingle roofed watch towers at its corners. The gabled roofs of three buildings can be seen within. The double front gates are open, though one seems damaged, probably unable to close.
With evening fast approaching you hurry toward the fort...

The fort is still about a half hours walk away, so you can discuss a plan of action before the encounter with the people in the Outpost.

I'll be back about this time tomorrow to move the game forward as needed.


HP 10/10 |AC-13 T-12 FF-11 | F+4 R+4 W+1 |CMB+1 CMD13 | Init+2 | Perc +1, Diplo+10| Bombs per day:5, 1d6+3: splash 4pts| Concentration+3 | Speed 30ft | Mutagen, 1hr brew, 10min/lvl, +4 dex -2 wis | Common, Sylvan, Giant, Hallit | female human NG Grenadier Alchemist lvl 1 Mutagin --AC-15 T-12 FF-13 - F+4 R+4 W+0

Grinning and obviously excited, "Best of luck to you all. To any of you I do not see again I wish you the best of luck."

Fidgeting until she gets her key. Once she has it she quickly rushing off to her room I will come back down for food later. Flinging open the door and quickly moving inside before shutting the door behind her.

Once her brown eyes find the man she makes a clumsy grab at her dagger only to stop at his words. Taking slow steps towards the stranger and never taking her hand off the dagger. Holding out her hand for the charter, "I have a horse that I am not leaving behind so I will need to get her."

Moving to follow the man through the hole in the wall and mumbling, "I am never going to get to eat now." Once outside Regina makes a quick detour to the stables to retrieve Nila. Quickly throwing the saddle back on her mount before quietly leading Nila to the alley.

Once in the alley she rubs Nila's nose and mumbles, "We did it Nila." Walking over to the driver, "Should I just follow on my horse or tie her to the coach?"

Depending on the answer Regina will either tether her mount to the coach or ride along side the coach. Taking note of the other four who are now part of this expedition with a wide smile. "It is an honor to be on this expedition with all of you."

Opting for tired silent until they reach Fort Serenko. Once there and given a chance to rest Regina tries to catch the others at breakfast. "I am part of this expedition on behalf of the Pathfinder Society and I will be cataloging our exploration for history. If you do not mind I have a few questions for you, for the start of my notes. And I apologize if you have answered them last night, I was late. And I hope none of you mind my doing this." Should anyone be willing to answer her questions she quickly writes their answers down while barely touching her food.

Questions if the characters are willing to answer them now otherwise she will try again later.:

"Can I get all of your full names, ages, and where you are from?"
"Why do you want to be part of this expedition?"
"What did you do before this?"
"So that I am not being unfair do you have any questions for me?"


Female Elf Rogue (Scout) 1 /AC 16, T13, FF13/ HP 10/10, F+1 R+5, W+2 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ CMB +1, CMD 14/Init +3, Perc. +8/+9

The Elf bid good night to those she had met below and climbed the stairs to her assigned chamber, eager to find out if she had been selected. As she turned the key to her room and entered, Taenweth sensed the man and drew her rapier, ready to strike if he approached. It was well and good that he declared he was handing her a charter and informed her of the secret departure. She took the scroll and placed it securely in her pack. When he opened the hidden panel in the wall and told her to go down the stairs and to a coach, Taenweth stopped him and revealed, "I have my own horse. It is in the stable. I will get him and make for the coach. Thank you." Without waiting for his approval, Taenweth made her way down and then across to the stable. She readied Veris, folded the blanket and put it away in one of the saddlebags and led the horse out and quietly into the back alley and the awaiting coach.

At the coach, she noted the copper-haired human and remembered the name: Regina Caro. I wonder who the other three will be, she mused silently. She lifted her hand and greeted the girl and tethered Veris to the back of the coach, giving him a good pat for a deep chill had settled in the night air. "We should all ride in the carriage for it makes speaking easier than if we rode on either side during this cold night."

The coach ride was a bumpy ordeal and Taenweth wondered if she should have ridden Veris instead. During the day, she left the carriage and rode beside it and felt better being out in the open. It felt good to stop at Fort Serenko and stretch one's legs and sleep in a bed, even simple cot as it was. The next morning, Taenweth concluded her ablution and gathered her things for the next part of their journey. Meeting the other four down below to break their fast, Regina greeted them and disclosed that she would be cataloguing the expedition and had questions to ask of each of them.

Regina Caro wrote:

"And I hope none of you mind my doing this."

"I do not mean to be disagreeable, but I will not be answering any questions for the Pathfinders. I barely know you, my companions, and the Pathfinders are not known to me, nor am I connected to them, and I will not give them such details. We left in a shroud of secrecy in the dead of night. I do not believe we should be now giving this information out. Thank you, Regina." The Elf hadn't raised her voice, but she had fixed her gaze on Regina as she answered. And with that, Taenweth moved to hail a serving girl and order some light food and drink before they were to leave for The Stolen Lands.


Male Ifrit Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 1 HP12/12 AC 17, T13, FF14 (+4 armor, +3 Dex), F+4, R+3, W+1, Resist fire 5, Init +3; darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +2

Pyros heads up to his assigned room, only to be surprised by the man already inside. Hand on his sword hilt, he gives the man a chance to explain himself, and is gratified to leadn that this isn't some ambush. He follows the hidden path to the coach, and slides in next to Taenweth, whispering something to her in Elven.

Spoiler:
"You know, this really isn't the sort of accommodations I had in mind, but I also didn't realize I would be sleeping beside an attractive lady." with a wink, he settles in for a ride.

The next morning, he listens patiently to Regina and then to Tasnweth, nodding at some of what the elf is saying. "I agree, to an extent, with Taenweth. You're welcome to my name, it's Pyros Aldori. I was born and raised in Rostland, and I'm a graduate of the Aldori academy, which I think is probably obvious. More than that you'll learn in time, I expect." with that, he went back to eating breakfast.


HP 10/10 |AC-13 T-12 FF-11 | F+4 R+4 W+1 |CMB+1 CMD13 | Init+2 | Perc +1, Diplo+10| Bombs per day:5, 1d6+3: splash 4pts| Concentration+3 | Speed 30ft | Mutagen, 1hr brew, 10min/lvl, +4 dex -2 wis | Common, Sylvan, Giant, Hallit | female human NG Grenadier Alchemist lvl 1 Mutagin --AC-15 T-12 FF-13 - F+4 R+4 W+0

I may have gotten a little ahead of myself..damn. Blushing and looking down at the table for a moment to collect her thoughts before looking back up. "My apologies. I may be a little overly excited and have over stepped my bounds. I promise that was not my intention. I do hope you will not hold over enthusiasm against me. I have no desire to wish to invade any of your privacy."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Elf Rogue (Scout) 1 /AC 16, T13, FF13/ HP 10/10, F+1 R+5, W+2 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ CMB +1, CMD 14/Init +3, Perc. +8/+9

As she waited for her food and heard Pyros' reply to Regina, she recollected his words inside the coach the night before when Regina's voice cut through her reverie. Suddenly she experienced an unexpected emotion: Taenweth felt sorry for making the girl apologise for her eagerness. She had to remember she was not around Elves anymore.

"Regina, pardon my bluntness. You have perpetrated no wrong - I prefer not to divulge such knowledge to unknown persons or associations. You have my name, Taenweth Vandiir, and you may write I come from the River Kingdoms. The rest, as Pyros has said, will come with time and trust." The corners of Taenweth's mouth turned up in smile, hoping to lessen the girl's concern or hurt feelings. The Elf was never really good at soothing tender emotions and Humans reacted differently to Elves. She had to remember to be more politic around her companions.

"Have some food, Regina. We still have some way to go before we reach the trading post and there will be time for cataloguing."


Male Ulfen Human Cleric 1 Hp:5/10 F +4, R+1, W +6 AC16 T-11 FF-13 Initiative +1, Perception +3, Sense Motive +7

Much like the others the tall Ulfen man was very nervous. This was to be probably his and his son's best chance to actually make a real good start in unsettled lands. He frowned at the strange way of letting everyone know if they would be selected or not. He was not a fan of secrets.

AS they moved up to the room his nerves started to almost get the better of him. At the sight of the man in the room with the charter he blew out a deep breath and ran a hand through his beard.

"Very well it seems like you are being overly cautious, but I will abide by your decisions, I am sure you have your reasons, come my boy, let us quietly gather the horse and meet with the others."

He nodded at the others quietly noting their reaction It was the others reactions to the eager Regina's questions He didnt see the harm in her questions but the others did so he paused once more stroking his beard.

"I am Herger, my boy there is Ulfgar. We come originally from Irrisen far to the north. I had mentioned it some in the common room, before you arrived I believe but I am a widower. My wife was a winter witch. She passed to that ... He paused looking sick to his stomach for a moment "She passed along with our young daughter, I and the my boy barely made it out alive. We have tried settling across the lands, Lastwall was too battletorn to raise a child, The zealots in Razmiran did not mesh with my faith. We tried to settle twice in the Riverlands, but even as dedicated as we were a man and his son were too easy prey for bandits. We ended up in Restov.... and now here we are. I have... a good feeling about this time though."

He said simply giving the curious woman a nod. He kept quiet most of the other times, looking after the horses, or staring at the lands. he took a discerning eye at the fort, blowing out a breath at the sight of the damaged gates.


HP 10/10 |AC-13 T-12 FF-11 | F+4 R+4 W+1 |CMB+1 CMD13 | Init+2 | Perc +1, Diplo+10| Bombs per day:5, 1d6+3: splash 4pts| Concentration+3 | Speed 30ft | Mutagen, 1hr brew, 10min/lvl, +4 dex -2 wis | Common, Sylvan, Giant, Hallit | female human NG Grenadier Alchemist lvl 1 Mutagin --AC-15 T-12 FF-13 - F+4 R+4 W+0

Nodding her understanding at Vandiir's words. Poking at her food before looking back up when Herger starts to speak. Staring at him as he gives the information he is willing to. Well now I feel like an a$$. Speaking in a softer voice "Thank your for sharing that and I am deeply sorry for both of your losses."

Any desire to ask anything further has been successfully squalled so the young girl tentatively digs into her food.


Aasimar( Agathion-Blooded)

Autumn gasped when she noticed the man in her room. Though really Frostbite alerted her to the presence of the strange man by giving a low growl upon entering the room. Autumn kept her wolf at bay as she listened to the man speak. She took the charter and made her way down into the alley.

"I hope you all don't mind riding with Frostbite." She said as she greeted those who she'd be traveling with. "I don't see the harm in answering her questions. I'm Autumn Moon. I'm nineteen and well... I um, don't really have a place to give you any longer. So just south Brevoy. I joined this to hopefully, start over... find a place I belong. As for what I did before this, I was a hunter for my village. I lost my father at a young age and my brother was only about five at the time so, being the eldest child in my family, I took up the mantle of hunter." She answered as she gave Frostbite a few pets.

Autumn didn't mind the coach ride really and when they where let off to walk the rest of the way, she raised an eyebrow to those she stood along side. "I wonder why they didn't take us any closer." She said


Female Elf Rogue (Scout) 1 /AC 16, T13, FF13/ HP 10/10, F+1 R+5, W+2 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ CMB +1, CMD 14/Init +3, Perc. +8/+9

Some of us have horses (how many? 2 or 3?), so GM would we all still be walking to Oleg's Trading Post? For those without a horse, we could always double up on the horses we have...

At the sight of the outpost in the distance and the coach stopping and dropping them off in an open meadow, Taenweth promptly moved out of the carriage, untethered her horse and drew Veris forward to the small group, hoping he would not shy away from the wolf.


Male Ifrit Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 1 HP12/12 AC 17, T13, FF14 (+4 armor, +3 Dex), F+4, R+3, W+1, Resist fire 5, Init +3; darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +2

Climbing out of the coach and stretching his limbs, Pyros glances toward the setting sun, then nods toward the fort. "Well, I suppose we'd best not waste any time heading that way. It'll be dark soon." Lacking a horse, he sets off that direction, but slowly, not wishing to get too far from the others.


Female Elf Rogue (Scout) 1 /AC 16, T13, FF13/ HP 10/10, F+1 R+5, W+2 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ CMB +1, CMD 14/Init +3, Perc. +8/+9

Noting that some have began moving toward the trading post, Taenweth climbed atop her horse and bid, "Any who would ride with me on my horse may do so," not troubled whether it be male, female or child. (Whoever wants to can ride with Taenweth.)

She rode alongside those who remained walking, occasionally casting her eyes toward the hill fort in case of hidden threat or impending trouble.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


A man can be seen on the roof of the largest building, he seems to be making repairs to the shakes. When he notices you he reaches for a crossbow, then lays it down again.
without takang his eyes off you he bellows: Honey! Honey!
We've got company! He watches as you approach, squatting on the roof.

Closer examination of the gates shows one is in working order, if battered and hacked, but the other is shattered, leaning up against the palisade. There is a fresh hinge post set, though. it looks like someone is working on getting the gate functional again.

Inside the compound are four buildings, the one on the right is obviously a stable. The largest is likely the main hall. The other two could be anything, but are probably storage, and/or housing.

The wooden palisade is 15' tall and has a catwalk on the inside. the catwalk has a railing on the inside and is protected by 5' of the palisade on the outside. Thus setting the catwalk at 10' above the ground. wooden posts are set in the earth every 5' or so to support the catwalk, and these are cross-braced against the palisade to strengthen it.

At the four corners of the compound are platforms, set at the same height as the catwalk. These are roofed with the same shake shingles as the other buildings, but are otherwise open, except for the outer facings where they are guarded by the same 5' top of the palisade. The north, west and south corner platforms have ladders for access from the ground. (Though you can't see the either the south or west ladders from the entrance. buildings block the line of sight.)

The east platform has no ladder, but a steep stair provides access to the area above the gates, and the east platform is quite close to it. The decking above the gates is roofed with same sort of covering as the corner platforms.

In front of the main hall are a pair of sturdy wood tables, along with plank benches.

A woman hurries from behind the main hall. She is a bit over five feet tall, on the young side of middle age, with blonde hair and grey eyes. Her face is pleasant with dimpled cheeks. Her hair is drawn back in a bun, and she wears a blue dress with a brown apron.

"Welcome travelers. This is Oleg's Trading Post. Have you come to barter?" She seems friendly, but cautious.


Male Ulfen Human Cleric 1 Hp:5/10 F +4, R+1, W +6 AC16 T-11 FF-13 Initiative +1, Perception +3, Sense Motive +7

He paused and after a moment took a few steps forward holding his arm high to show his empty hand.

At the moment, no my new friends, we are here to see about...settling this region. A fine place such as this is certainly a welcome sight.

He took slow steps forward now, after all he did see the crossbow with the man on the roof, that with the damage to the doors made him scowl for just a moment.

We come from up North a ways, and are... a scouting party if you will to find a suitible spot. I am called Herger. Have you had some trouble friends?

He asked making a motion to the damaged gates...he wasnt one much for subterfuge.


HP 10/10 |AC-13 T-12 FF-11 | F+4 R+4 W+1 |CMB+1 CMD13 | Init+2 | Perc +1, Diplo+10| Bombs per day:5, 1d6+3: splash 4pts| Concentration+3 | Speed 30ft | Mutagen, 1hr brew, 10min/lvl, +4 dex -2 wis | Common, Sylvan, Giant, Hallit | female human NG Grenadier Alchemist lvl 1 Mutagin --AC-15 T-12 FF-13 - F+4 R+4 W+0

Regina would be rather quiet during the rest of the trip. Clearly lost in thought until they reach the Stolen Lands. Thrilled to get out and stretch. "Weird that they only took us so far."

Nodding along with Taenweth statment, "I have no issue if someone does not want to walk the whole way." As they start their march in she is seemingly content to ride at the end of their little group. "I had no idea it would be so beautiful."

Grinning when they get to the gates and sliding off the saddle to walk in the fort. Smiling at the woman, "My name is Regina and I am sure there are things we might want."


Female Elf Rogue (Scout) 1 /AC 16, T13, FF13/ HP 10/10, F+1 R+5, W+2 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ CMB +1, CMD 14/Init +3, Perc. +8/+9

Still sitting atop her horse, Taeweth added her own introduction to the two Humans, especially addressing the woman. "Good day, Mistress. My companions and I mean you no harm. We possess charters and can prove what we say is true. I am Taenweth. May we enter without issue? We've had a long journey."

She looked up at the man on the roof and pointed to her pack to show where the charter was stored and then cast her eyes back to the middle-aged female.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


Male Ifrit Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 1 HP12/12 AC 17, T13, FF14 (+4 armor, +3 Dex), F+4, R+3, W+1, Resist fire 5, Init +3; darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +2

Darn work, getting in the way of important things like Pathfinder. :)

Pyros consider's Taenweth's offer of a ride, but decides to walk. While hardly a chauvinist, he finds it hard to admit weakness in front of a woman. Besides, two riders might burden the horse. Yeah, better to walk. It isn't far. I should definitely look into acquiring a horse at some point though. Or at least a donkey.

Arriving, he is careful to keep his hand away from his blade, especially when he notices the crossbow. He says to the woman "Some trading would not go amiss, but we are more settlers than merchants. Would that we might have homes as fine as yours one day." and making a sweeping gesture with his arm to indicate the fort as a whole. It is a nice fort. But didn't Herger say he'd had trouble with bandits in these lands? he thinks, looking to the battered gates. It looks as though these traders might have suffered at those same hands.


Aasimar( Agathion-Blooded)

Autumn gave a nod to the woman who came foreword. "Would your husband like help up there? I wouldn't mind helping out." Autumn told her. "I'm Autumn, this is Frostbite." She said as she gave her wolf a pat. "And don't worry, she wont hurt anyone so long as they don't hurt her."


The woman seems relieved at Herger's speech. Perhaps the holy symbol of Erastil helps ease her mind as well.
"Settlers eh. That's good. You might have a tough time of it round here though."

Perception DC 20:
When Herger asks if they have had trouble, the man mutters "you could say that", under his breath.

She smiles at Regina, about to say something when Taenweth speaks. On hearing Taenweth, she visibly relaxes. "Oh, you're the survey party. Welcome, welcome!"
At this point, the man on the roof comes scrambling down the ladder from the roof. It's a movable ladder used for jobs such as painting, or climbing on the roof to repair shingles. Not a fixed emplacement, like at the forts corners. It's 20' tall.

"Did you see a gaggle of soldiers on your way here?" The man demands gruffly. He, like the woman, is on the younger side of middle aged, with thick coarse dark-brown hair and a bushy black mustache. (Not as formidable as as Constable Hull's, but impressive nonetheless.)

The woman turns and scolds him gently. "Oleg dear. These folks are our guests. It's not their fault."
Oleg sighs. He seems tired and worried. "Yes you're right. He reaches out a hand in greeting. I'm Oleg Leveton. This is my wife, Svetlana." He steps closer to her, then gestures to the building to your left.
"That's the bunk house. It's got rough cots. We haven't been able to get proper bedding yet." He seems annoyed by this.

"We have outdoor tables and I keep the bonfire lit all night long. You're welcome to stay, but you should before sunrise tomorrow. We're expecting some people you probably wouldn't want to meet."

"We do have some trade goods if you want to look them over this evening." Svetlana adds with a nod to Pyros. She smiles at Autumn Moon. "It's just a minor repair, I think he's finished, but thank you."


HP 10/10 |AC-13 T-12 FF-11 | F+4 R+4 W+1 |CMB+1 CMD13 | Init+2 | Perc +1, Diplo+10| Bombs per day:5, 1d6+3: splash 4pts| Concentration+3 | Speed 30ft | Mutagen, 1hr brew, 10min/lvl, +4 dex -2 wis | Common, Sylvan, Giant, Hallit | female human NG Grenadier Alchemist lvl 1 Mutagin --AC-15 T-12 FF-13 - F+4 R+4 W+0

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 Perception check are my bane!

Looking around with a smile while listening to the older couple talk. "I would love to have a look."

Are we just not supposed to mention the charter? Pausing for a moment and opting to speak up anyways, she has been quiet for a bizarre amount of time recently. "Do you mind my asking why we would not want to meet these people?"


Male Ulfen Human Cleric 1 Hp:5/10 F +4, R+1, W +6 AC16 T-11 FF-13 Initiative +1, Perception +3, Sense Motive +7

perception dc 20: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
wisdom: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Looking at the state of the 'front door' and the man's question about the gaggle of soldiers he couldnt help but wonder if the two were not related. The implications made him said... instead of the river kingdomws they ought to call the lands Banditville or something. His shoulders slumped for a moment before his scowl hardened for just a moment. He shook his head slightly.

"No, no more.

He thought to himself glancing torwards his son. He had never looked for trouble in his life, but sometimes, he supposed, you had to stop running from it.

Because they are probably bandits or the like.

He said loud enough to be heard by everyone. He reached up and stroked his beard.

This is your trading post, and i think we will be here for some time. I do not judge if you have had to ... make dealings with these bandits in the past, you are but one man to defend your place but if you seek others to help you defend what is yours, Myself and Erastil who guides me will stand with you Oleg. If you want us to be sparse when those ruffians come in, I understand that as well.

He added giving them both a nod. He did not glance to well the rest of his part because he wasnt speaking for them, but he had hopes they were of a simular mind.


Male Ifrit Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 1 HP12/12 AC 17, T13, FF14 (+4 armor, +3 Dex), F+4, R+3, W+1, Resist fire 5, Init +3; darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +2

Nodding in agreement with Herger, Pyros says "In Milani's church I learned that oppression should be fought wherever it is found. I will stand in defense of this place, if you would have our assistance."


Aasimar( Agathion-Blooded)

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

A gleam if anger passed through Autumn's eyes, but it gone as quick as it came. "My companions have the right of it. If your trading post is in trouble from bandits I will gladly help. I've plenty of arrows for them." She told them as she moved her cloak enough to show her full quiver.


Taenweth mentioned the charter briefly earlier. Whether you tell people about the charter is up to your discretion. The subterfuge surrounding your leaving was to protect you from the webs of intrigue that the noble houses of Brevoy weave. Also mainly a device to move from the role-play of the Champion to Oleg's Outpost, where the adventure starts.

Oleg face grows more sour as he nods his head in agreement with Herger's words.

Svetlana is the one to answer, though. "Yes, it is bandits. They have been coming on the first of the month, these last three months. Tomorrow is the 1st of Gozren, so we expect them then."
She looks at each of you by turns. "We couldn't ask you to risk your lives for our trade goods, but if you do decide to stay and fight these bandits, we will give you any help we can."


HP 10/10 |AC-13 T-12 FF-11 | F+4 R+4 W+1 |CMB+1 CMD13 | Init+2 | Perc +1, Diplo+10| Bombs per day:5, 1d6+3: splash 4pts| Concentration+3 | Speed 30ft | Mutagen, 1hr brew, 10min/lvl, +4 dex -2 wis | Common, Sylvan, Giant, Hallit | female human NG Grenadier Alchemist lvl 1 Mutagin --AC-15 T-12 FF-13 - F+4 R+4 W+0

Bandits! Right that makes sense. Ok.. Regina's eyes widen as everyone speaks, "Can you tell us about the bandits that come here? The more we know the better chance of dealing with them we have." Thank you mouth. I can totally do this. I think.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26


Female Elf Rogue (Scout) 1 /AC 16, T13, FF13/ HP 10/10, F+1 R+5, W+2 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ CMB +1, CMD 14/Init +3, Perc. +8/+9

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

As she had said to the outpost proprietors, she took the Charter from her pack and showed it to them before talk began in earnest. She rolled the scroll back up and stowed it as her companions spoke of bandits and giving aid.

Hearing Regina's question, the Elf gave an approving nod. "Aye, the more we know about these bandits, the better prepared we will be against them. And we should get the gates in order, promptly."


Oleg takes over the narration. The first time they came there were 12 of them. Led by a woman with a mean streak a mile wide. She damn near chopped off my hand with those fightin' axes of hers."
Oleg's fists clench as he remembers the encounter. "Her second is a fellow who likes to hide his face in the shadows of his hood. He seems a lot slower than the woman.' Oleg taps his temple with his finger. "Up here I mean."

"The woman hasn't been back since the first time, but 'Mr. Cloak and Cowl' has been with them. They were only seven the second time they came here, and the last time only five."
"It's not always been the same men either, some were the same bandits from before, but they have had new faces each time as well.>"

Oleg sighs at the mention of the gates. "I was working on those. It was broke when I got here. The damn bandits took the new hinges I had. Thought it was funny."
Oleg shakes his head grimly. "I got the new post set, the gate needs some cross-bracing, it's split, and I don't have hinges. Nor the money to buy some, the bandits take all my surplus. Leave me just enough to do business."


Male Ulfen Human Cleric 1 Hp:5/10 F +4, R+1, W +6 AC16 T-11 FF-13 Initiative +1, Perception +3, Sense Motive +7

He looked about the place for several long hard moments.

Pyros and I should be here on the ground perhaps at the tables there when they arrive. We want them to come in make their demands. Autumn, miss Regina should be up on the walls, preferably hidden so they are not seen.

He paused glancing torwards the elf entirely not sure where her skills would be useful. She was a pretty closed book.

Surely if Pyros and I challenge them and they see no one else they will come for us. Thats when you women folk strike. If we can think of a way to block they gate so they cant flee all the better. What say you folk though?

He asked taking a look about the place one more time trying to think if there was anything else they might do to prepare.


Female Elf Rogue (Scout) 1 /AC 16, T13, FF13/ HP 10/10, F+1 R+5, W+2 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ CMB +1, CMD 14/Init +3, Perc. +8/+9

Since she wasn't needed against the bandits with the priest not including her in his plan, Taenweth tethered her horse to the post and moved to the gate to survey the broken structure.

Oleg wrote:

"I got the new post set, the gate needs some cross-bracing, it's split, and I don't have hinges. Nor the money to buy some, the bandits take all my surplus. Leave me just enough to do business."

"We could construct a makeshift gate until your new hinges come in...or set a trap here for when they ride up to the gate or try to cross over the threshold...But if we try to fix the gate, it may make them wary for they will presume it is still broken since they took the hinges and wonder why they are back up..." Taenweth was talking aloud her thoughts, not to anyone in particular, well except for Oleg Leveton. She remembered the priest saying something about blocking the bandits off so they couldn't ride away. "Aye, blocking their path would be wise. I am better in the shadows; unseen."

Fixing her gaze momentarily on Oleg, she asked, "Do any of the bandits possess magic?"


Male Ulfen Human Cleric 1 Hp:5/10 F +4, R+1, W +6 AC16 T-11 FF-13 Initiative +1, Perception +3, Sense Motive +7

miss Taenweth he totally would have included you if you werent such a mystery :p i dont think you said anywhere where he could hear that you were a stealthy scout. So he left it open to you. If you guys have other ideas byvall means bring them up


Male Ifrit Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 1 HP12/12 AC 17, T13, FF14 (+4 armor, +3 Dex), F+4, R+3, W+1, Resist fire 5, Init +3; darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +2

Pyros glances around, pausing for a moment on Regina. "Does anyone have any magical means of rendering an area difficult to pass through? I'm thinking that we let them come in, then use magic to block the exit so that they don't escape. Alternatively, we could rig some sort of a deadfall, perhaps having the broken gate fall in such a way as to prevent escape, but magic would be preferable for several reasons." he pauses, taking stock of resources. "I should definitely be on the ground, and if we can get them into a bunch I have some tricks up my sleeve that could come in handy. Regina, Autumn, you are both better at range, right? Even so, Frostbite would be a great asset on the ground, Autumn. Taenweth, I'm not familiar with your skill set. Would you be better working from the wall-walk or on the ground? Herger, as one of Erastil's faithful, you are skilled with a bow, are you not? You might be better placed on the wall, if we have sufficient numbers on the ground. At any rate, someone above needs to be sure to cut down any who flee. If their bandit comrades find out what happens here, we might be facing greater numbers soon." he finishes, pondering what he might have missed.


Aasimar( Agathion-Blooded)

"I'm well aware of where Frostbite would be best used but I think you're going about this wrong. Even if we cut down all the bandits here more will still come. Bandit are like bees or rats, we need to find their nest if we really don't want them coming back." Autumn said. "If they find out we killed their friends here they will swarm and leave nothing left, they will murder everyone here and burn this place down." She told the Swordlord, her words heavy and her voice low. "If we do this, we need to do this right and carefully. Take care of those who we find here, then Frostbite and I can track them back to their nest. See just how many they are."


Female Elf Rogue (Scout) 1 /AC 16, T13, FF13/ HP 10/10, F+1 R+5, W+2 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ CMB +1, CMD 14/Init +3, Perc. +8/+9
Herger Orickson wrote:
miss Taenweth he totally would have included you if you werent such a mystery :p i dont think you said anywhere where he could hear that you were a stealthy scout. So he left it open to you. If you guys have other ideas byvall means bring them up

She did mention she's a scout and prefers a certain finesse when it comes to things back at the tavern during the recruitment Rp. Herger was there at the table when it was said but with so many posts it was probably missed by you. Plus I'm playing out Taenweth's reaction to not being included not mine as the player.


HP 10/10 |AC-13 T-12 FF-11 | F+4 R+4 W+1 |CMB+1 CMD13 | Init+2 | Perc +1, Diplo+10| Bombs per day:5, 1d6+3: splash 4pts| Concentration+3 | Speed 30ft | Mutagen, 1hr brew, 10min/lvl, +4 dex -2 wis | Common, Sylvan, Giant, Hallit | female human NG Grenadier Alchemist lvl 1 Mutagin --AC-15 T-12 FF-13 - F+4 R+4 W+0

Raising an eyebrow at Herger's opinion but waiting to say anything. Smiling at Pyros with a glare in her eyes when his gaze lingers on her. Before addressing Autumn, "Yes we should do it with caution but more will come not matter what. We will have to give chase and hope more do not circle round and come here. We will either have to fight them or we can try to talk to them. But we are presenting a larger force here so if we let them leave more will come anyways. Miss Moon wither we slay the bandits or not you and" taking a sharpers breath, "Frostbite should be able to track them."

"If we choose to fight them then blocking the exit would be helpful but they would need to not notice it while they are entering. Or trapping them at the gate, though I am unsure how to do either at the moment."

Looking over at Herger and then Pyros, "I may have missed it before but none of us have really gone over out skill sets in great detail. But I know I do not look like a brawler and I am not."

Turning to Svetlana and Oleg with out waiting for a reply, "I think we will need to look around before we really figure out how to go about this and I would like to look at the supplies you have and see if anything there would be of help, if you do not mind of course."


Female Elf Rogue (Scout) 1 /AC 16, T13, FF13/ HP 10/10, F+1 R+5, W+2 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ CMB +1, CMD 14/Init +3, Perc. +8/+9
Pyros Aldori wrote:

"Taenweth, I'm not familiar with your skill set. Would you be better working from the wall-walk or on the ground?"

Taenweth turned to look at Pyros. "I am better suited to the ground and away from first sight. I prefer to sneak in when an enemy is least expecting it." Her voice was low and measured - matter of fact; not boastful in the least.

Autumn wrote:

"If we do this, we need to do this right and carefully. Take care of those who we find here, then Frostbite and I can track them back to their nest. See just how many they are."

Taenweth listened to Autumn's concern and plan to find the bandit camp after the fight. "I can help with this, if you're agreeable? I am a fair tracker, especially so in forests," she offered the Aasimar hunter.

Regina wrote:

"I think we will need to look around before we really figure out how to go about this and I would like to look at the supplies you have and see if anything there would be of help, if you do not mind of course."

She agreed. It was best if the group talked among each other first before speaking stratagems aloud. "Aye, let us examine the fort and then make plan."


Male Ifrit Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 1 HP12/12 AC 17, T13, FF14 (+4 armor, +3 Dex), F+4, R+3, W+1, Resist fire 5, Init +3; darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +2
Regina Caro wrote:


Looking over at Herger and then Pyros, "I may have missed it before but none of us have really gone over out skill sets in great detail. But I know I do not look like a brawler and I am not."

Pyros looks at the small girl with newfound respect. "I have heard it said that 'out of the mouths of babes comes wisdom', but never have I seen it demonstrated as effectively, young lady." he looks around at the others, then continues. "My talents are largely caught up in this blade." he says, drawing forth his dueling sword, crafted from a special dark grey iron. "I have spent years studying it's use and, while I would not claim to be a master, with this blade in my hand I'm a better swordsman than most. Aside from that, I have amassed a fair amount of knowledge in my long years, and a bit of skill in wilderness survival, though certainly nothing that could compare to our lady trackers here." he says, with a gesture that takes in Autumn and Taenweth. "Finally, certain circumstances of my ancestry have given me a small amount of talent with fire magic, which will be put to its best use if we can get these bandits to bunch together." he finishes, looking at the others with a raised eyebrow and a look that stops just short of saying aloud "and how about you?"


HP 10/10 |AC-13 T-12 FF-11 | F+4 R+4 W+1 |CMB+1 CMD13 | Init+2 | Perc +1, Diplo+10| Bombs per day:5, 1d6+3: splash 4pts| Concentration+3 | Speed 30ft | Mutagen, 1hr brew, 10min/lvl, +4 dex -2 wis | Common, Sylvan, Giant, Hallit | female human NG Grenadier Alchemist lvl 1 Mutagin --AC-15 T-12 FF-13 - F+4 R+4 W+0

Shooting a glare at Pyros at the mention of 'mouths of babes' but listening as he talks. "My skills fall in alchemy and I do not know any dangerous magics as of yet. I had a longbow at one point but it was lost in my travels so my bombs are the only ranged abilities I have."


Female Elf Rogue (Scout) 1 /AC 16, T13, FF13/ HP 10/10, F+1 R+5, W+2 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ CMB +1, CMD 14/Init +3, Perc. +8/+9

It appeared they were sharing now and the Elf shrugged nonchalantly, as she surveyed the gate once more. "I am trained in agility over brute strength. As to blades, my preference lies in rapier and dagger and I carry a mace when blades will not do. I am adept in the wild - untamed lands suit me well; forests are in my blood. I am keen of eye and nimble of foot; so I can lie wait in shadows and then strike unseen. My knowledge lies in nature, underground caverns and ruins. I can spy and disarm traps and scout for the group. And, my dear Regina, please do not catalogue this in your Pathfinder report. Discretion and secrecy are imperative in my line of work." She looked over her shoulder, smiled and winked at the Human alchemist, having already discussed the desire for privacy with the young woman in an earlier conversation.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

"I don't know. I don't think so. Nothin' flashy at any rate." Oleg tells Taenweth, in response to her question.
The one who likes to keep his face shadowed does wear a silver amulet. a silver stag skull, complete with a nice rack of antlers." With a dismissive wave of his hands Oleg finishes. "Could be but a fancy bauble for all I know..."

Svetlana meanwhile, says; "You good folks must be famished after you travel. I'll get supper started."

As you discuss among yourselves, Oleg climbs the ladder to the rooftop of the main hall where he had left his tools and crossbow. He loads the weapon and his tools and spare shingles into a cloth bucket, and lowers them to the ground. Then he climbs back down the ladder.

"I do have some kit that may help. Those bandits will take it anyway." He walks over to the shed between the main hall and stables. Retrieving a lantern from just inside that buildings doorway, he walks over the the smoldering bonfire coals. Puffing and blowing on the coals he uses the glowing heat to light a pitchy sliver, then from this, he lights his lantern. With the lantern light he illuminates the interior of the windowless shed.

Neatly stacked on shelves and racks are:
1 longbow.
1 suit leather armor.
2 hand axes.
5 javelins.
24 arrows in 2 quivers.
1 scythe.
2 spears.
6 torches.
2 lengths of hemp rope, each 50' long.
Enough trail rations to last 1 person 2 weeks.


Female Elf Rogue (Scout) 1 /AC 16, T13, FF13/ HP 10/10, F+1 R+5, W+2 (+2 vs Enchantments)/ CMB +1, CMD 14/Init +3, Perc. +8/+9

Taenweth, upon hearing about the amulet, looked to the priest, Herger "Have you heard of such an amulet as the one described by Master Oleg? The symbol of stag and antlers, is it known to you?"

INT check to determine if it's a holy symbol and/or represents a common deity heard of in passing: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Taenweth waited to see if Herger could tell her more about the amulet.

As Svetlana declared she would prepare supper, Taenweth joined the others inside the windowless shed, lit by lantern, and peered at the shelves. Her eyes strayed to the javelins and spears and fixed on the latter. "I would not mind adding a spear to my weapons. How much do you want for it, Master Oleg?"


Aasimar( Agathion-Blooded)

"I'm mainly a talented hunter, tracking big game was my main specialty. I'm fair with a bow, and work well with Frostbite when hunting." Autumn explained. "I can also make you a longbow and arrows." She told Regina. "Everything I have I made."

She offered a nod to Taenweth when she offered to help track. "Another pair of eyes never hurts." She told her.

When Oleg let them go through what he had, Autumn clapped him on the shoulder. "Thank you, we'll put it to good use." She told him before looking to the group. "I say after this we thing up a plan, I have one but it's really playing the long game... it seems we want to play the short game." She told them.


Male Ulfen Human Cleric 1 Hp:5/10 F +4, R+1, W +6 AC16 T-11 FF-13 Initiative +1, Perception +3, Sense Motive +7

As the others began describing their talents openly he nodded running his hands through his beard. It was probably obvious that was something he did when he was thinking. He did have the grace to look almost embaressed when Pyro's suggested he go along the walls with a bow.

"I must admit while I am a worshiper of Erastil, Ol' Deadeye if you will my skills with a bow are...barely adequate. I spent more time in my youth learning to wield axe and shield, so it might be perhaps best to remain down with you.

He paused pulling out his holy symbol... it looked old, well worn with use but still in good condition.

knowledge religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

"I will pray for some spells to aid us on the morrow, Perhaps you could use your skill Lady Taenweth to be the stopper in the gate when they pass by you. I have heard of the skill at arms they elves possess. As to the symbol he wears, The stag lord doesnt .. . hold with bandits and their ilk, if its his symbol it is misused."


Taenweth doesn't recall any religions that use such a symbol.

"If you use that spear to drive off the bandit riff raff around here, you are welcome to keep it." Oleg exclaims with vehemence. "I'll owe you more than that if you do."

"I'll help out any way I can." He tells Autumn Moon, when she mentions having a plan.


Aasimar( Agathion-Blooded)

"I'd prefer it if you just hung back and looked after your wife and home." Autumn told him. "Like I said, mine is the long game. If it worked we'd know where their camp is and how many there are." She said with a sigh. "It's also a bit dangerous."


Herger knows that Erastil's symbol is a bow with arrow set on its string. True, the bow is made of antler, but there is no skull.

Everyone would know that the fine antlered skull of a game animal is a popular motif among hunters.


Male Ifrit Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 1 HP12/12 AC 17, T13, FF14 (+4 armor, +3 Dex), F+4, R+3, W+1, Resist fire 5, Init +3; darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +2

"To be clear, are you advocating that we allow one to escape, that we might track him to their lair?" Pyros asks Autumn, a thoughtful frown on his face.


Aasimar( Agathion-Blooded)

"No, letting one get back would only make it more difficult for us. Though I first need to know what type of bandits we're dealing with. Some bandits only take what they need to survive, others only take valuables, and then there are those who take anything and everything. People included. If we are dealing with those who will take people, well we have two trackers. One skilled enough to leave a trail, making it easier for another to find it." She explained.


HP 10/10 |AC-13 T-12 FF-11 | F+4 R+4 W+1 |CMB+1 CMD13 | Init+2 | Perc +1, Diplo+10| Bombs per day:5, 1d6+3: splash 4pts| Concentration+3 | Speed 30ft | Mutagen, 1hr brew, 10min/lvl, +4 dex -2 wis | Common, Sylvan, Giant, Hallit | female human NG Grenadier Alchemist lvl 1 Mutagin --AC-15 T-12 FF-13 - F+4 R+4 W+0

That makes sense I suppose. I need to work on that trust before I bring anything up with her again. Father did say her kind were very difficult to work with at times. Nodding her understanding at
Taenweth's request.

Shifting her attention to Autumn, "I just might take you up on that."

Glancing over at the taller man while following Oleg, "Herger is your son going to be staying out of this too?"

Once able to look at the items, "Would I be able to use the bow, just in case? I only want to borrow it."

Turning to Taemweth, "You mentioned traps, so the rope?"

Turing back to Oleg, "Did you say that they came on horses? Those torches might be useful. Most horses are skitish around fire. I know I have been thrown a few times because of it."


"I have my crossbow, so if you want to use the bow, go ahead."

Oleg nods. "They've come on horseback." He frowns. "Just don't burn down the fort.

The trading post is of wooden construction, but the wood is pretty damp due to the snows of winter and spring rain and sleet.


HP 10/10 |AC-13 T-12 FF-11 | F+4 R+4 W+1 |CMB+1 CMD13 | Init+2 | Perc +1, Diplo+10| Bombs per day:5, 1d6+3: splash 4pts| Concentration+3 | Speed 30ft | Mutagen, 1hr brew, 10min/lvl, +4 dex -2 wis | Common, Sylvan, Giant, Hallit | female human NG Grenadier Alchemist lvl 1 Mutagin --AC-15 T-12 FF-13 - F+4 R+4 W+0

Waving her hand for a moment, "I do not want to do that. It was just a thought is all!"

1 to 50 of 650 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chronicle of the River Kingdoms. [Gameplay] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.