Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Chronicles of Biston

Game Master garabbott

The year is 4700. The village of Biston has suffered much in the past, and survived, but now there are many powerful forces coming down on this place, and somebody needs to rise against them.


101 to 150 of 500 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Wandering Nomad 3

Warden Fernsdale smiles broadly at your conversation, then says "Well, alright then." She points to the pile of rusted scimitars and chain shirts that the skeletons had been carrying, "I don't think the Bencey's will be wanting to see them, either, especially with Stanley's blood on some of them. Maybe you could find some use for them? Or Ms. Duntherhall, at least," she says, looking directly at Rouqas with a wink.

If anybody has Knowledge (history), you could make a check to learn more about any old Elven tribes in the area.

"Alright, in the morning you could follow these tracks. But be careful going into the forest... I still think it might not be wise, but then again if you stay sheltered for your whole lives, how will you ever rise to the threat that now faces our small village?"


Female Human Witch/1

Jannet looks curiously at the Warden. "These woods have always had dark stories about them, though I've never actually seen anything like this before. Is there some particular threat you know about?"


Male Wandering Nomad 3

"I've wandered the woods far and wide, child, but the protection of Erastil stalks my every step. There are others," she looks at Garris with a wry smile, "who also roam the wilderness. They fight to preserve our homes and lifestyle from the dangers within. I speak to them regularly, and they speak most commonly of werewolves and ghosts. Lately, the lycanthropes have been of the most concern, and I believe one of you may have personal experience in their struggle with the voracious beasts."

Garris:
I'm going to go with basically your original idea for joining up with the Knights of the Sword and Sickle, only make a minor adjustment here and there:

You were wandering the woods a few weeks ago, sticking mostly to the areas on the edge, but one day you tracked a deer dangerously far into the forest. A werewolf picked up your scent and began stalking you, but due to this distraction he did not notice that another Ranger, whose name will be Ratton Pitt, had been stalking him. Just as the werewolf prepared to strike, Pitt stepped in and ambushed him. You heard the snapping of twigs behind you as the werewolf charged, but a shout from some nearby brush followed by several silver-tipped arrows turned the lycanthropes attention away from you. A vicious battle ensued, and with your help Pitt emerged the victor. Together, you burned the werewolve's corpse as a warning to the others, and over that fire you talked for a long while, and he confirmed the rumors you'd heard about the Knights of the Sword and Sickle. Since then, he has been mentoring you in their ways from time to time, but you are still considered an initiate, and not yet a full member of their ranks.

Ghosts are another matter altogether, and it is best not to tamper with their comings and goings, as they seem content to roam the deeper woods and not venture too far from their usual haunts."

"However, if there is indeed a necromancer who has moved into these parts, then we will soon have new troubles to worry over -- spells that animate the dead are fairly difficult, and we must approach this new enemy with caution." As the Warden speaks, you notice the faintest sprinkling of snowflakes beginning to fall. She looks up. "Hmm. If this snow keeps up, even just for a few hours, the tracks will be all but gone. I do not know the reason behind this attack, or who is behind it, but I will ask and search around wherever I can. If you stay near the town, I may come calling for your aid when I uncover something... in the meantime, I'm sure the town will be in an uproar of its own."

"The time is coming for Biston to call upon its youthful generation. There have been many tragedies in the not-so-distant past, and let us hope that these darkening times will not simply add to our troublesome history. I daresay that we can expect no help from the monarchy, they are still quite bitter. And of course, I leave how you proceed up to you. I only ask that you help your village when, where, and however you can."

Not wanting you guys to feel too railroaded, but I've been planning to have quite a few gaps in the story to allow story development over several months. But, OOC, it is almost certainly a bad idea to follow these tracks if they lead too deep into the forest without a bit more experience, first... :P sorry for not stressing that heavily enough at first.


Aye, I have had a run in with some lycanthrope, and the others which you speak of. The forest is quite dangerous, and without a trail to follow, it would be foolhardy for us to venture in too deep.

Grand Lodge

M Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 1 (Perception: +7, Init: +4, AC: 18, touch: 14, FF: 14, CMD: 15, HP: 8/8, F: +1 R: +4 W: +3, TK Fist: 6/6)

Calon stops and listens as the Warden warns about the dangers of the forest.

"Well, Garris, as you seem to know the forest the best of us here, how do you suggest we proceed tomorrow?"


Male Wandering Nomad 3

"Then I suggest you return to the village, and to your normal lives for now. Though word of your success here will spread, and I don't doubt that the villagers will look up to you from now on."

"I'll go fetch Caroline and escort her back, and I'm sure the festivities of the evening will be dimmed down quite a bit with this unfortunate incident," she says, turning to head off into the dark. She stops at the beginning of the road and turns one last time, "Until we meet again."

Alright, Jannet says she will wait for the Warden's return. What about everyone else -- anything to do for the rest of the night? It is now fully nighttime, the party has surely stopped at the tavern.

Grand Lodge

M Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 1 (Perception: +7, Init: +4, AC: 18, touch: 14, FF: 14, CMD: 15, HP: 8/8, F: +1 R: +4 W: +3, TK Fist: 6/6)

Unless anyone has anything to say to him, Calon will bid them good-night and take the remains away to perform the Elven Rite of Passing. After that he will head home to spend whatever night is left and part of the morning in meditation before memorizing his spells for the day.


Garris will return home, and prep his equipment for his next hunt. He will then go to bed. In the morning, he will check on the family.


HP 13 | AC 13 | T 11 | FF 12 | CMD 14 | F +5 | R +1 | W +1 | Init +1 | Per +7

Rouqas returns home and will head back to the tavern early the next morning.


Female Human Witch/1

Jannet will stay at least until the Warden returns with Caroline. If Caroline is willing, she'll stay the night to tend to him, and return home in the morning.


Male Wandering Nomad 3

Caroline proves more than willing to put Jannet up for the night. She digs around in a closet for a few moments and produces a cot for you to sleep on. Stanley, who had several cushions and pillows placed underneath him on the living room floor, is close at hand, and he sleeps soundly throughout the night.

Abadius 2nd, 4700

The next morning, snow is still falling on Biston. Several inches have accumulated throughout the night. Normally, such a wintry sight would have sparked cheer among the youngsters, who often spend such mornings playing in the powdery white. Today, however, there is dark news on the air, and anyone caught in the street seems nervous, scuttling to and from the buildings with a clear purpose in mind, obviously avoiding the outdoors and, especially, the looming shadow of Ashwood Forest.

@Garris & Jannet

Garris arrives in the morning early to find Jannet having stayed the night with the Bencey's. Caroline also rises early to check on Stanley for any signs of improvement, but he is still unconscious and resting. "Well I might as well cook us all some breakfast," she says, sound stressed, and sets about stoking the stove in her well-stocked kitchen. After a few minutes, you can hear the sizzling of eggs, and soon after the smell of bacon wafts into the living room.

@Rouqas

The Stomping Squat is pretty empty in the morning. When you arrive, a barmaid is sweeping the floor, slowly picking up all the evidence of the prior evening's party. Danny comes in from the back room and spots you, and rushes over to the bar to see what you might be wanting. He fumbles with a wash rag as he approaches, dropping it and stooping over to pick it up in a clumsily swift motion. "Hail, Master Rouqas -- what can I do for you this morning?"


HP 13 | AC 13 | T 11 | FF 12 | CMD 14 | F +5 | R +1 | W +1 | Init +1 | Per +7

"Just a bite to eat. Mild ale if you have it."

Rouqas settles into a chair.


Male Wandering Nomad 3

"I'll have some eggs and toasted bread up out for you in a moment, then. And I think I've got just the thing to sate your thirst," Danny says, and disappears again into the back room. He returns in a few minutes with a tray with the food and a light colored brew, which he deposits in front of you.

After standing around for few moments nervously, he finally adds, "Say there, Rouqas. There's been lot's of strange talk around town since last night. Is it true? Was there really an unholy attack at the Bencey farm?"


Female Human Witch/1

Jannet wakes frequently to keep an eye on Stanley, and in the morning, she examines him to see how he has passed the night, and checks the bandages to see if any need to be replaced or retied, cleaning him up a bit as she does so.

Heal check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Assuming nothing seems urgently critical, she will go into the kitchen. "Caroline, can I give you a hand? No need for you to fuss over things, you've enough to worry about."


Male Wandering Nomad 3

Caroline looks at you and nods with a smile. "Well I'd never ask it of yeh, but I won't tell you no for wanting to help." She directs you around the kitchen,

Sorry all, internet crapped out for several days straight out here -- but interest seems to have slipped a bit, anyway. How many people are still here, and want to keep going? Got no word from Calon for the morning, and Rouqas hasn't responded to a question.

Grand Lodge

M Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 1 (Perception: +7, Init: +4, AC: 18, touch: 14, FF: 14, CMD: 15, HP: 8/8, F: +1 R: +4 W: +3, TK Fist: 6/6)

Calon was up late burying the bones, so he slept in to get his 8 hours of sleep. After spending an hour memorizing his spells, he will head into town, so he will probably not be able to meet up with anyone else until late morning.

I'm still here, and interested!


HP 13 | AC 13 | T 11 | FF 12 | CMD 14 | F +5 | R +1 | W +1 | Init +1 | Per +7
garabbott wrote:

"I'll have some eggs and toasted bread up out for you in a moment, then. And I think I've got just the thing to sate your thirst," Danny says, and disappears again into the back room. He returns in a few minutes with a tray with the food and a light colored brew, which he deposits in front of you.

After standing around for few moments nervously, he finally adds, "Say there, Rouqas. There's been lot's of strange talk around town since last night. Is it true? Was there really an unholy attack at the Bencey farm?"

"Yes there was. We took care of it though. No need to worry. They won't be bothering anyone again."


Male Wandering Nomad 3

@Rouqas

"Well I'll be damned." Danny shakes his head, obviously a little frightened and blown away. But then his face perks up a bit, and he says, "Well at least you and the rest of the gang got there in time, eh? I'm sure the Mayor will want a word with you before too long about that, you're bound to be local heroes!"

@Calon

When you make it into town, you find Rouqas finishing up a meal at the Stomping Squat. Danny is there, and he beams at you a moment before disappearing into the back room.

@Jannet & Garris

You are served your breakfast, but Stanley still hasn't woken up by the time you've finished. He seems to be resting peacefully, though, and Caroline eventually tells you, "Well, I don't s'pose you can do much more out here, but we really appreciate what you've done for us. You're more than welcome to come by any time if you're looking for a place to stay or a good, warm meal, and tell your friends from last night the same!"

As she finishes this offer, Percy comes rushing inside from the back door, his dog hot on his heels. "Mama, can I go into town today?" he pleads, jumping up to sit on a counter, kicking his heels.

She looks worried for a moment, but then remembering that you're there, she turns and says, "If these kind young folks would be so kind as to escort you there, I suppose it can't do no harm. Poor Stanley won't be needing any of your help getting ready for planting season -- not until he's back on his feet, at least!"

Grand Lodge

M Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 1 (Perception: +7, Init: +4, AC: 18, touch: 14, FF: 14, CMD: 15, HP: 8/8, F: +1 R: +4 W: +3, TK Fist: 6/6)

Calon smiles at Danny, then he looks serious as he walks up to Rouqas.

"Good morn. I suppose Jannet is still at the farm? Did you and the others have any other ideas about how to find out who is behind the skeletons? I do not like the thought of a necromancer running around, they are against the natural order."


Female Human Witch/1

I'm still here!

Jannet smiles at Percy's enthusiasm. "I suspect we can get him there, can't we, Garris?"

As she leaves with Garris and Percy, Jannet hands Caroline a small packet. "When he does wake, if he's hurting, make a tea of this and have him drink it. It's willow bark, good for pain. And send word if you need more help. I'll be glad to come, any time."


HP 13 | AC 13 | T 11 | FF 12 | CMD 14 | F +5 | R +1 | W +1 | Init +1 | Per +7
Calon wrote:

Calon smiles at Danny, then he looks serious as he walks up to Rouqas.

"Good morn. I suppose Jannet is still at the farm? Did you and the others have any other ideas about how to find out who is behind the skeletons? I do not like the thought of a necromancer running around, they are against the natural order."

"As far as I know, she should still be there. As to the skeletons, nothing new yet."

He gestures to a chair.

"Sit, eat. Can't do anything with an empty stomach. Plus I love a good meal." Rouqas grins.

Grand Lodge

M Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 1 (Perception: +7, Init: +4, AC: 18, touch: 14, FF: 14, CMD: 15, HP: 8/8, F: +1 R: +4 W: +3, TK Fist: 6/6)

Calon eyes the sharp-toothed grin and smiles weakly. He carefully sits down and waits for Danny to get back.

"So... Most others of your race I have met did not have an acute enough sense of smell to be able to track prey. Are you part of a sub-species or is this the result of random mutation?" He asks earnestly, without a trace of condescension.


HP 13 | AC 13 | T 11 | FF 12 | CMD 14 | F +5 | R +1 | W +1 | Init +1 | Per +7
Calon wrote:

Calon eyes the sharp-toothed grin and smiles weakly. He carefully sits down and waits for Danny to get back.

"So... Most others of your race I have met did not have an acute enough sense of smell to be able to track prey. Are you part of a sub-species or is this the result of random mutation?" He asks earnestly, without a trace of condescension.

"It occurs randomly. Each is born differently as some have other qualities. I happen to have a very acute sense of smell. It does come in handy in many situations. You have a unique smell about you that I can identify much the same you recognize me by sight."


Male Wandering Nomad 3

Waiting to hear from Garris via PM or here, but I fear we may have lost our Ranger...

@Jannet & Garris

As you leave, Percy whistles loudly and yells, "Come on, Roley!" and the dog you recognize from last night comes bounding from behind the house and trots alongside.

On the walk back to town, Percy drills you with questions. "So were you scared last night when you fought off those skeletons? Boy, I sure was. How many were there? Do you think more will come and we'll have to fight them? I hope they do, and then I'll get to show them not to mess with us again!" He dances along, throwing fake punches, kicks, and jabs with an imaginary sword. "As soon as I save enough money, I'm going to buy some gear and be just like you guys! That is, if Dad will let me..."

@Calon & Rouqas

Keep up your conversation if you've got more to say!

After a short while, a man enters the tavern. He is wearing studded leather armor, a shortsword is sheathed on his waist, and a wooden shield and crossbow are on his back. You recognize the outfit, and identify him as part of Biston's small police force. He approaches the table and nods respectfully. "When you're finished, Mayor Galway would like to speak to you about last night. Word is out around town that you had a hand in some citizens' defense," he informs you.

Grand Lodge

M Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 1 (Perception: +7, Init: +4, AC: 18, touch: 14, FF: 14, CMD: 15, HP: 8/8, F: +1 R: +4 W: +3, TK Fist: 6/6)

"Fascinating! How often do variations in racial abilities occur? I wonder if the Catfolk are actually several species which have just been grouped together as one, or if they are just more prone to mutation than most other races...

I have heard rumor of certain groups in the Mwangi jungle..."

Fortunately, the guard interrupts at this point, saving Rouqas from Calon's continued prattle.

"Yes, we shall meet him as soon as we finish breakfast."

He looks around for Danny. "That is, if I can ever start breakfast...?"


Male Wandering Nomad 3

Danny pokes his head out of the back room and says, "I'll be right there!" Moments later he comes out with more bread and eggs for Calon. The guard stands around awkwardly for a few moments, then says, "I'll let the Mayor know you'll be coming, then," and heads for the door.


Female Human Witch/1

Jannet can't help but smile at Percy's enthusiasm, even as she shakes her head at it. "I'd never seen anything like it before, that's for sure! I don't usually fight things. Garris has more practice. But I hope you don't have to fight any more of them. Those were pretty nasty." And from the sound of it, there's worse in those woods, she thinks. "Your dad will need extra help for a while, I think."

At what point in the sequence do we get to town?

Grand Lodge

M Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 1 (Perception: +7, Init: +4, AC: 18, touch: 14, FF: 14, CMD: 15, HP: 8/8, F: +1 R: +4 W: +3, TK Fist: 6/6)

"Thank you very much, Danny." Calon replies as he pays for the meal. "Would you happen to have any juice? Orange, mango, anything would be fine." He then slowly savors the food, chatting occasionally with Roquas about different species he has come across.


Male Wandering Nomad 3

@Jannet

After your conversation -- you've been walking at a quick pace -- you arrive at the edge of town. "Well, I'm going to go tell all my friends about last night! Just you wait until they hear about it, they'll all be so jealous." Where would you like to go?

@Calon & Rouqas

"Juice? I've got some sort of light cider," Danny says, giving you a toothy grin. "Just a wee bit of edge to it -- I think it does better than coffee for wakin' a body up."


Female Human Witch/1

Jannet waves goodbye as Percy runs off to find his friends. By the time he's done with it, he'll be the hero of the story, I'm sure... She chuckles, then decides to head over to the Squat to see if anyone else is around. I'll get a drink, maybe, and then I'd really best head home and clean up a bit.

What time is it by now? Am I going to get there while Calon and Rouqas are still around, or will they have left? And are we removing Garris at this point, or did he come into town too?

Grand Lodge

M Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 1 (Perception: +7, Init: +4, AC: 18, touch: 14, FF: 14, CMD: 15, HP: 8/8, F: +1 R: +4 W: +3, TK Fist: 6/6)

"That would be fine, thank you. I'm sure it couldn't have any more 'bite' than my Aunt Elwynnin's raspberry juice. She would let that ferment for a few decades..." he says with a small smile.

I'm sure we will still be there. Calon got a late start, and he eats very slowly, to savor his food as much as possible.


Male Wandering Nomad 3

Call it late morning, pushing noon. And Garris is still tagging along, I'll DMPC him from now on until he either shows up or gets himself written out. For now, he's still a part of the group, and I'll open up recruitment again to look for replacements.

"Haha, I'd have loved to try some, by the sounds of things," Danny laughs, pouring you the cider. He brings the mug over and sets it down just as Jannet arrives. Danny winks at the young witch as she enters, any memory from last night's awkwardness wiped clean off his face. "What'll it be then, lass? A breakfast as well, or maybe just a drink?"


Female Human Witch/1

Jannet smiles brightly at Danny, relieved that he seems to have forgotten or be ignoring last night's little incident. "Just a drink -- is that cider? Sounds wonderful. Caroline made sure we got breakfast. Stanley was still sleeping, but he'll recover." This last is directed to the group as a whole, to update Calon and Rouqas as well as the tavernkeeper.


Male Wandering Nomad 3

He brings you the drink, then settles in again behind the bar, cleaning mugs and bowls for the tavern's nightly festivities.

Let me know what you're doing next when you're ready to move on

Grand Lodge

M Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 1 (Perception: +7, Init: +4, AC: 18, touch: 14, FF: 14, CMD: 15, HP: 8/8, F: +1 R: +4 W: +3, TK Fist: 6/6)

"That's good to hear he's all right, but not surprising. Stanley was in good hands." Calon replies.

He finishes his meal and fills Jannet in on Mayor Galway's request. "Shall we go? Unless there is anything else we should check out?"


Male Wandering Nomad 3

Half trying to bump this, half letting you guys know that I've been having problems with internet lately at various hostels and my posts are slowing because of it.


Female Human Witch/1

"The mayor wants to talk to us? I guess we should go see him, then," Jannet says. "I don't know of anything else going on." She thanks Danny for the cider as they head out.


Male Wandering Nomad 3

Danny tips his ragged cap in all of your general direction as you leave the Stomping Squat and head for the Mayor's manor.

Mayor Galway's home and office is situated up against the rocky cliff wall formed by the Tunnels District of Biston. It is a modest enough house of two stories with a well-kept yard in the front. As you approach, however, you see something that you've never seen before. Several other people in the streets stop in their tracks as a large, brown, horse-like creature suddenly comes into view, soaring on a pair of massive, feathered wings: it is a hippogriff. An armored rider sits atop the great beast, and with a few powerful thrusts from the hippogriff's wings, the pair of them are borne away to the east.

Knowledge (local) DC 13:
This is surely a Sable Company Marine from Korvosa. You have heard that they patrol the areas around Korvosa, but why one would be out this far is a mystery.

Mayor Dain Galway is standing in his yard, and he yells out after the mysterious rider, "I'm telling you, we have a situation here, but you're not LISTENING!" The rider does not turn back, and soon is a swiftly growing smaller smudge on the horizon.


HP 13 | AC 13 | T 11 | FF 12 | CMD 14 | F +5 | R +1 | W +1 | Init +1 | Per +7

"What situation would that be Mayor? Rouqas asks.


Female Human Witch/1

Knowledge: Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 So close!

Jannet watches the hippogriff fly off, awed by its beauty and strength, then turns back to hear the Mayor's response to Rouqas's question.

Grand Lodge

M Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 1 (Perception: +7, Init: +4, AC: 18, touch: 14, FF: 14, CMD: 15, HP: 8/8, F: +1 R: +4 W: +3, TK Fist: 6/6)

Calon is distracted by the wonderous creature, pondering at the incredible blend of physiology and magic that allows the hippogriff to attain flight despite it's size. He is only half-listening as the Mayor starts to speak, and abruptly turns to listen once the mount and rider are out of sight.


Male Wandering Nomad 3

The Mayor kicks a few rocks at his feet in frustration, then stops short as he notices you and hears Rouqas' question. His look of distress turns quickly to relief when he recognizes the group of you, "Oh good, you've come at last. Perhaps you'd better come inside," he says, looking around at the slowly gathering crowd, "We'd better talk away from prying eyes and ears."

He leads you into the small manor, which is well-furnished but not expressive of much considerable wealth. He takes you into what appears to be his office, judging by the big oak desk that is covered in papers, letters, and maps, but the room itself reminds you more of a conference room. Many wooden chairs are scattered around the room, but before you have time to sit down and get comfortable, he begins.

"So, first off, I've spoken with the Warden -- she paid me a very late visit last night, and highly commended your actions at the Bencey Farm. Obviously, your efforts are much appreciated by myself and I've already been approached by several citizens wishing to clarify if the rumors about you are true. I hope you don't mind that I've been confirming your brave feat in defending our citizenry." He pours himself a glass of brownish liquor from a glass decanter on the desk, tosses it back, and begins pouring himself another. "Unfortunately, as I'm sure you gathered by that idiot Sable Marine's sudden and, if I say so myself, quite rude departure, there is something else already afoot in our little village. I only wish the Warden were here now..." He trails off for a moment, gazing out the single wood-framed window, then looks down and considers the drink in his hand. "Tell me," he says, still swirling its contents and looking thoughtfully at it, "Have you ever heard of the Field of Remorse?"

Knowledge (local) DC 15:
The Field of Remorse is where the final battle between Biston's rebels and the vengeful armies of Korvosa fought -- it is the place where the rebellion died.

Knowledge (local) DC 20:
It is said that the rebels' bodies were buried there, encased in large cairns of big stones and boulders. The Korvosan government proclaimed that there should be no attempt to uncover these bodies, and that they would remain there as a warning against any future rebellious sentiments. At any rate, the rock piles have been left undisturbed.

Remember, for the purposes of this campaign, I am allowing any Knowledge (local) checks to be attempted untrained! This small village likes its gossip, and anyone could have heard about this.

Grand Lodge

M Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 1 (Perception: +7, Init: +4, AC: 18, touch: 14, FF: 14, CMD: 15, HP: 8/8, F: +1 R: +4 W: +3, TK Fist: 6/6)

Calon gets a faraway look in his eyes as he sorts through all of the information that he has heard on his trips into town.

"No, I don't think I have ever heard that mentioned. Was it something that happened during the war?" he guesses.

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


HP 13 | AC 13 | T 11 | FF 12 | CMD 14 | F +5 | R +1 | W +1 | Init +1 | Per +7

Knowledge: Local: 1d20 ⇒ 1

Snap!

Grand Lodge

M Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 1 (Perception: +7, Init: +4, AC: 18, touch: 14, FF: 14, CMD: 15, HP: 8/8, F: +1 R: +4 W: +3, TK Fist: 6/6)

Rouqas seems uncertain which town he is in... ;)


Male Wandering Nomad 3

"You could say that: it ended the war. It's where the rebels ten years ago were crushed by Korvosan troops. The rebellion had dwindled and dwindled, but the remaining few who still fought for independence made a final stand, and were massacred. The bodies were left, buried under great cairns of stones, and our people were warned not to make any effort to retrieve them. Korvosa wouldn't allow those 'traitors' to be returned to their families, to ensure that the lesson of their beat down really stuck."

"But that was all before my time." He puts down the drink suddenly. "Last night Warden Fernsdale warned me that a Necromancer is out in that forest, and means to attack our people. Today, that Marine from Korvosa has told me we've violated the agreement to let those bodies lie -- that the graves have been opened. Instead of listening to my explanation, he's gone off and left us here perhaps when we needed him most." He slumps into a chair, "I think that the necromancer has already begun tormenting us anew, that he's dug into our past and means to kill our spirit and our people. I think he's broken into those graves, and violated nature with the fallen rebels."


Female Human Witch/1

Knowledge:Local 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 Dang, stupid business trip, I almost got to know stuff. :)

Jannet nods as the mayor describes the field. Her face grows unusually dark as he talks about how the rebels were treated, but she maintains her composure until he talks about the graves being opened.

"What? No!" she blurts out. "We can't let him do that. Those are our people, whatever the Korvosans say." People always said my grandparents were rebels... "Do we know anything more about this necromancer?"

Grand Lodge

M Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 1 (Perception: +7, Init: +4, AC: 18, touch: 14, FF: 14, CMD: 15, HP: 8/8, F: +1 R: +4 W: +3, TK Fist: 6/6)

"Perhaps if we hid at the fields we could catch him in the act?" Calon muses.


Male Wandering Nomad 3

"If the stones are really already shifted, if the graves are open, then I fear the worst has already happened," the Mayor says gravely. "I was going to send some of the guardsmen to the field to see for sure, but perhaps you would join them? I'm sure they would be comforted, as now you have experience against these undead abominations, and they've likely never seen anything of the sort."


Male Wandering Nomad 3

buuuuump?

101 to 150 of 500 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chronicles of Biston (IC) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.