Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

Chronicles of Arcania: B/X Homebrew game.

Game Master Peet

Lost in the desert! The party gets separated from a desert caravan during a sandstorm. Parched and starving, they stumble on a ruined city in the middle of the desert. The pyramid at the center of the city seems mostly intact, and they find a secret door leading inside...

Tier 1 Map | Tier 2 Map | Tier 3 Map | Tier 4 Map | Tactical Map | Party Loot Spreadsheet


3,051 to 3,100 of 3,533 << first < prev | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | next > last >>

Male Human Fighter 3 hp 14/17, 2NL || AC -1 || F11 A15 C15 D10 H12 W12 || Mv 30'

Shrugs looks like the coast is clear.. Still maintains a vigilant stance just in case.


Male Dwarven Veteran (Level 3) hp 35/37  || AC 2 || F11 A15 C12 D11 H6 W8 || THAC0 17 || Mv 20' || Infravision 60'

Ferrous emboldened by his returning strength suggests Should I enter the room and inspect that table closer?


Male Human Cleric 3 Prophet Male Cleric 3 | hp 16/16 | AC 3 | F15 A15 C12 D15 H11 W13 | THAC0 18| Mv 20'

Walia examines the beings for marks Wisdom 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 or any causes of death or something that his religiosity or knowledge of Anatomy can help with.


Male Dwarven Veteran (Level 3) hp 35/37  || AC 2 || F11 A15 C12 D11 H6 W8 || THAC0 17 || Mv 20' || Infravision 60'

Seeing the Priest enter the room to examine the bodies the dwarf enters as well and walks up to the table for a closer look.


Female Elf 2 HP 15/15 || AC 3 || F13 A12 C14 D15 H11 W13 || Mv 15' || Infravision 60' || THAC0 19 (bow or sword)/15 (battleaxe/two-hand sword) || Find secret doors/hear noise/detect magic 2 in 6

Ana also enters the room, her guard up.

Dark Archive

Tier 3 Map | Tier 4 Map | Tactical Map | Party Loot Spreadsheet | Party Thirst: 0. Party Hunger: 0.5 |

I'm going to assume that the rest of the group moves into the room now that it is declared safe, so that the light source also moves into the room. Right now I am assuming you are not actually touching anything. You will need to be specific about what things you are actually handling.

I have put your icons near the east end of the room but I am assuming you have moved around the whole room to look around. Your light source will not cover the whole room at once. If you want to look at something specific, move your icon there.

The group enters the room.

The room turns out to be fifty feet in length. The biers line the north, south, and west walls. There are sixteen in total, though only seven are actually occupied, with similar bodies as the ones you have seen already.

There is a bin at the far end of the tables that is full of rotten linen winding cloth.

Wallia examines the body lying on the bier in the north-west corner of the room. From what he can tell, it looks the same as the creatures you fought in the hallway near the rolling boulder trap. He sees no sign of any wounds. The body is wearing heavy woolen robes and underneath that it is wrapped in bandages, as if it has been ritually prepared for burial. Wallia would need to actually remove the creature's clothing and bandages if he wants to examine the creature's skin.

Ferrous looks at the materials on the table. The tables are covered with casks and jars of various sizes, along with strips of winding cloth, similar to that which is wrapped around the bodies on the biers. Many of the jars appear empty and others have some kind of residue inside. Ferrous is not sure what the residue is of, though it was probably once liquid and dried out. Some of the jars are sealed.

TIER 4 MAP UPDATED

TACTICAL MAP UPDATED

Now what?

* Begin searching the room normally?
* Attack the bodies?
* Do something else to the bodies?
* Look through the cloth in the bin?
* Have someone else try to identify the materials on the table?
* Leave and then return to an area that hasn't been explored yet (B, F, or H)?
* Go down to the next level by the stairs (D) or the trap door (T)?
* Something else?


M Human Thief 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 3 | F14 A12 C14 D12 H11 W11 | THAC0 14 | Move 40'

"I still think Walia anointing some of the creatures with holy water is the best idea. If they are not undead, it will not be desecrating their corpses.
But before he does that, Fistep, Ferrous, Ana, and myself should stand over some of the other bodies with weapons raised. So if Walia triggers them all to move, we are ready to hack their heads off."


Male Dwarven Veteran (Level 3) hp 35/37  || AC 2 || F11 A15 C12 D11 H6 W8 || THAC0 17 || Mv 20' || Infravision 60'

Perhaps we could use some rope to tie the corpse down since they have been having a hard time staying down lately. The dwarf says with a chuckle his bad humor fading with his scars and his normal joking self returning since the priests healing.


Male Human Cleric 3 Prophet Male Cleric 3 | hp 16/16 | AC 3 | F15 A15 C12 D15 H11 W13 | THAC0 18| Mv 20'

Walia nod in agreement and pours a drop of holy water on each of the corpses for good measure and then tries to cut the robes to examine the skin.


Male Human Fighter 3 hp 14/17, 2NL || AC -1 || F11 A15 C15 D10 H12 W12 || Mv 30'

Laugh at Ferrous. That they have! But I agree with Brathas He moves over to stand guard over one of the bodies.

Dark Archive

Tier 3 Map | Tier 4 Map | Tactical Map | Party Loot Spreadsheet | Party Thirst: 0. Party Hunger: 0.5 |

The group spreads out cover the various creatures with their weapons as Wallia pulls out a flask of holy water. Zynazyr moves close to the center of the room to provide light.

I distributed everyone around the room with the "tanks" furthest west.

TACTICAL MAP UPDATED

He pours a drop of holy water onto the body. The water soaks into the creature's robe, and then after a moment, a grey mist rises - steam, or smoke!

The creature sits up suddenly, and looks at Wallia. The other creatures also rise.

Since you were waiting for something to happen, you will win initiative for the first round, but it won't be a surprise round.

FYI since Wallia was only pouring a "drop" of holy water (presumably so as not to waste it), I will say that creature has taken 1 damage from the holy water.

Round 1 Initiative
Block 1: Ana, Brathas, Ferrous, Fistep, Wallia, Zynazyr.

Block 2: The creatures.

Everyone is up!


Male Human Cleric 3 Prophet Male Cleric 3 | hp 16/16 | AC 3 | F15 A15 C12 D15 H11 W13 | THAC0 18| Mv 20'

Walia pours the rest of it on the creature.


M Human Thief 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 3 | F14 A12 C14 D12 H11 W11 | THAC0 14 | Move 40'

Brathas stabs his foe with the magic sword.
THAC0 15: 15 - 1d20 ⇒ 15 - (11) = 4
Plus any adjustments for prone.
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Don't think I get backstab here, do I?


Female Elf 2 HP 15/15 || AC 3 || F13 A12 C14 D15 H11 W13 || Mv 15' || Infravision 60' || THAC0 19 (bow or sword)/15 (battleaxe/two-hand sword) || Find secret doors/hear noise/detect magic 2 in 6

Ana swings wildly, hoping to decapitate her foe!

THAC0 15: 15 - 1d20 ⇒ 15 - (18) = -3 Damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Male Human Fighter 3 hp 14/17, 2NL || AC -1 || F11 A15 C15 D10 H12 W12 || Mv 30'

Seeing the creature "arise" after Walia drops water on it, he takes the chance and starts chopping on the one he is standing by.

THACO: 16 - 1d20 ⇒ 16 - (14) = 2
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Initiative: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 5) = 9

Dark Archive

Tier 3 Map | Tier 4 Map | Tactical Map | Party Loot Spreadsheet | Party Thirst: 0. Party Hunger: 0.5 |
Wallia of Winterbourne Stoke wrote:
Walia pours the rest of it on the creature.

Wallia: please make an attack roll for the holy water. Damage is 1d8. Like burning oil this damage will occur again on round 2 if you hit.

Brathas strikes at the creature, and black blood begins to well up from the wound.

Not a backstab, and he isn't prone, though he is sitting down, which gives him an AC penalty.

Fistep strikes a similar blow against the creature he faces, and more black blood spurts out. Ana swings at her opponent with an overhead chop and cuts its head clean off.

TACTICAL MAP UPDATED

Round 1 Initiative
Block 1:
Ana, Brathas, Ferrous, Fistep, Wallia (throwing holy water), Zynazyr.
Block 2: The creatures.

Ferrous and Zynazyr are up, and I need an attack roll from Wallia.


Male Human Cleric 3 Prophet Male Cleric 3 | hp 16/16 | AC 3 | F15 A15 C12 D15 H11 W13 | THAC0 18| Mv 20'

I thought I was standing over the creature and I could just pour it out over his head

19 - 1d20 - 1 ⇒ 19 - (11) - 1 = 7 doing 1d8 ⇒ 3

A human wearing robes would be AC 9 I guess so maybe

Dark Archive

Tier 3 Map | Tier 4 Map | Tactical Map | Party Loot Spreadsheet | Party Thirst: 0. Party Hunger: 0.5 |
Wallia of Winterbourne Stoke wrote:

I thought I was standing over the creature and I could just pour it out over his head

19 - 1d20 - 1 ⇒ 19 - (11) - 1 = 7 doing 1d8 ⇒ 3

A human wearing robes would be AC 9 I guess so maybe

Yep, that's a hit.

He was lying on a bier (basically a stone table) that you were standing next to. The top of the table is maybe as high as your waist, if it matters. He was lying down but sat up when he felt the drop of holy water (and the others sat up as well). So he is now active and is able to dodge as well as any unarmored man.

Wallia splashes the creature with holy water, and it begins to smolder where the water struck it. Yet even though it is burning it remains eerily silent.

TACTICAL MAP UPDATED

Round 1 Initiative
Block 1:
Ana, Brathas, Ferrous, Fistep, Wallia, Zynazyr.
Block 2: The creatures.

Ferrous and Zynazyr are up.


M Human Thief 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 3 | F14 A12 C14 D12 H11 W11 | THAC0 14 | Move 40'

Walia is attacking the same one as Brathas? It's still up?

Dark Archive

Tier 3 Map | Tier 4 Map | Tactical Map | Party Loot Spreadsheet | Party Thirst: 0. Party Hunger: 0.5 |
Brathas wrote:
Walia is attacking the same one as Brathas? It's still up?

That's correct. It has now taken 9 points of damage. Mind you, it will automatically take another 1d8 points of damage from the holy water next round if it is not dead by then.


Male Dwarven Veteran (Level 3) hp 35/37  || AC 2 || F11 A15 C12 D11 H6 W8 || THAC0 17 || Mv 20' || Infravision 60'

13 kills but maybe not 8.
Ferrous lets out a very loud STAY DEAD! as he brings his axe down in an overhead swing.
18 - 1d20 ⇒ 18 - (9) = 9
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Probably back to old Ferrous form and a miss.

Dark Archive

Tier 3 Map | Tier 4 Map | Tactical Map | Party Loot Spreadsheet | Party Thirst: 0. Party Hunger: 0.5 |

Ferrous strikes at the creature with his axe. It tries to sideslip the blow but it is hampered by it's sitting position, and Ferrous cuts its skull open with a crack! Black blood flows out, but this does not seem to deter it much.

TACTICAL MAP UPDATED

Round 1 Initiative
Block 1:
Ana, Brathas, Ferrous, Fistep, Wallia, Zynazyr.
Block 2: The creatures.

Zynazyr is up.

Dark Archive

Tier 3 Map | Tier 4 Map | Tactical Map | Party Loot Spreadsheet | Party Thirst: 0. Party Hunger: 0.5 |
Ferrous Grimgond wrote:
13 kills but maybe not 8.

BTW, it may often be the case, but you should not assume that all monsters of a similar type always have the same HP.


Male Human Cleric 3 Prophet Male Cleric 3 | hp 16/16 | AC 3 | F15 A15 C12 D15 H11 W13 | THAC0 18| Mv 20'

the old school modules they rolled the hp for all


Male Dwarven Veteran (Level 3) hp 35/37  || AC 2 || F11 A15 C12 D11 H6 W8 || THAC0 17 || Mv 20' || Infravision 60'

I roll for all the creatures in the tabletop game I DM. I like doing it because it keeps the players on their toes. Also I might roleplay the 2 hp goblin differently than the 9 hp goblin. One is obviously the runt but why did the runt survive this long?

Dark Archive

Tier 3 Map | Tier 4 Map | Tactical Map | Party Loot Spreadsheet | Party Thirst: 0. Party Hunger: 0.5 |

Published modules from this period sometimes say "the monsters all have X HP" and other times say "The Orcs' HP are: 2,3,3,4,5,7,7,8".I usually don't bother changing it.


Alphatian 2 | 11/12 hp | AC 8 | F16 A11 C15 D15 H12 W13 | Mv 40' | Detect/Read Magic 2-6
Spells:
Cantrip (3-6) | Sleep, Sleep, Binding

Looks like my post from yesterday was eaten and that you all have been busy!

Zynazyr sighs, "I knew it. I'd be too easy for these just to be "normal" dead people. I hope we don't regret this."

He throws an ustar at the one near Ferrous.

THAC0: 18 - 1d20 - 1 ⇒ 18 - (6) - 1 = 11 +1 for range
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Dark Archive

Tier 3 Map | Tier 4 Map | Tactical Map | Party Loot Spreadsheet | Party Thirst: 0. Party Hunger: 0.5 |

Zynazyr throws an ustar, but it sails past the head of the creature and ricochets off the wall.

The creatures rise off their biers and attack! Each one attacks with both bare hands; the nails on the hands are black and hard. Two of the creatures attack Fistep, while one attacks Ferrous, and one attacks Wallia.

Only one attack strikes home as Wallia's face is raked by the creature's hard nails!

Wallia: 2 damage.

Dice:
V. Ferrous: 17 - 1d20 ⇒ 17 - (2) = 15
V. Ferrous: 17 - 1d20 ⇒ 17 - (6) = 11
V. Fistep: 17 - 1d20 ⇒ 17 - (10) = 7
V. Fistep: 17 - 1d20 ⇒ 17 - (6) = 11
V. Fistep: 17 - 1d20 ⇒ 17 - (15) = 2
V. Fistep: 17 - 1d20 ⇒ 17 - (9) = 8
V. Wallia: 17 - 1d20 ⇒ 17 - (20) = -31d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
V. Wallia: 17 - 1d20 ⇒ 17 - (2) = 15
V. Wallia: 17 - 1d20 ⇒ 17 - (1) = 16
holy water: 1d8 ⇒ 2
Init. Ana: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 4) + 3 = 11
Init. Brathas: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (5, 2) + 1 = 8
Init. Ferrous: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3
Init. Fistep: 9 = 9 Pre-rolled
Init. Wallia: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 6) = 9
Init. Zynazyr: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 1) + 3 = 10
Init. Monster: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Init. Monster: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Two more of the creatures shuffle towards the party but are not able to attack this round.

The holy water continues to burn the creature that attacked Wallia, but it still stands. It took 2 more damage.

TACTICAL MAP UPDATED

Round 2 Initiative
Block 1: Ana, Brathas, Fistep, Wallia, Zynazyr.

Block 2: Blue creatures.

Block 3: Ferrous
Block 4: Red creatures.

Ana, Brathas, Fistep, Wallia, and Zynazyr are up.


Male Human Cleric 3 Prophet Male Cleric 3 | hp 16/16 | AC 3 | F15 A15 C12 D15 H11 W13 | THAC0 18| Mv 20'

Walia...

Holy Water damage 1d8 ⇒ 4

Walia maces the one in front of him 19 - 1d20 - 1 ⇒ 19 - (4) - 1 = 14


Male Human Fighter 3 hp 14/17, 2NL || AC -1 || F11 A15 C15 D10 H12 W12 || Mv 30'

Swings again against the rising 'thing'. It is time that we make this condition permanent!

THAC0: 16 - 1d20 ⇒ 16 - (13) = 3
Damage: 1d10 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 3 - 1 = 11

Init: 2d6 + 0 ⇒ (3, 2) + 0 = 5


Alphatian 2 | 11/12 hp | AC 8 | F16 A11 C15 D15 H12 W13 | Mv 40' | Detect/Read Magic 2-6
Spells:
Cantrip (3-6) | Sleep, Sleep, Binding

Zynazyr sends another ustar at the one Ferrous injured but misses badly.

THAC0: 18 - 1d20 - 1 ⇒ 18 - (3) - 1 = 14
damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Dark Archive

Tier 3 Map | Tier 4 Map | Tactical Map | Party Loot Spreadsheet | Party Thirst: 0. Party Hunger: 0.5 |

Wallia swings but fails to connect.
Holy water damage was already rolled.

Fistep cuts down the creature next to him in a spray of blood.

Zynazyr's ustar whizzes past Ferrous' ear.

TACTICAL MAP UPDATED

Round 2 Initiative
Block 1: Ana, Brathas, Fistep, Wallia, Zynazyr.

Block 2: Blue creatures.
Block 3: Ferrous
Block 4: Red creatures.

Ana, Brathas, Fistep, Wallia, and Zynazyr are up.


Male Human Cleric 3 Prophet Male Cleric 3 | hp 16/16 | AC 3 | F15 A15 C12 D15 H11 W13 | THAC0 18| Mv 20'

Was it? I figured because it was my holy water I would roll it. but whatever.


M Human Thief 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 3 | F14 A12 C14 D12 H11 W11 | THAC0 14 | Move 40'

Brathas continues to attack his foe with Walia.
THAC0 15: 15 - 1d20 ⇒ 15 - (17) = -2
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Human Fighter 3 hp 14/17, 2NL || AC -1 || F11 A15 C15 D10 H12 W12 || Mv 30'

Attacks the "red" thing with his sword. What matter of thing did we awake! he shouts.

THACO: 16 - 1d20 ⇒ 16 - (10) = 6
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Initiative: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10

Dark Archive

Tier 3 Map | Tier 4 Map | Tactical Map | Party Loot Spreadsheet | Party Thirst: 0. Party Hunger: 0.5 |
Wallia of Winterbourne Stoke wrote:
Was it? I figured because it was my holy water I would roll it. but whatever.

I figured it was easier for me to just roll it at the start of the round. If it killed the creature, then Brathas wouldn't have to wait for you to post to see if he should attack it.

Oops! Realized I forgot to get rid of the people who had gone when I cut and paste the previous initiative table. Fistep has already gone in round 2 (he killed the one he only wounded in round 1). We'll use this roll for round 3 if he wants.

Brathas' short sword strikes the creature in the chest. There is a gush of black blood, and the creature collapses.

TACTICAL MAP UPDATED

Round 2 Initiative
Block 1: Ana,
Brathas, Fistep, Wallia, Zynazyr.
Block 2: Blue creatures.
Block 3: Ferrous
Block 4: Red creatures.

Ana is up. I'll wait until this evening before I bot her.


Anabot rushes forward and strikes with her two-handed sword.

2Hsword: 15 - 1d20 ⇒ 15 - (12) = 31d10 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

She cuts down the wounded creature with sweeping slash.

Dark Archive

Tier 3 Map | Tier 4 Map | Tactical Map | Party Loot Spreadsheet | Party Thirst: 0. Party Hunger: 0.5 |

One of the creatures advances on Fistep and tries to rake him with its black fingernails. But its nails only scrape against Fistep's plate mail.

dice:
v. Fistep: 17 - 1d20 ⇒ 17 - (6) = 11
v. Fistep: 17 - 1d20 ⇒ 17 - (8) = 9

TACTICAL MAP UPDATED

Round 2 Initiative
Block 1:
Ana, Brathas, Fistep, Wallia, Zynazyr.
Block 2: Blue creatures.
Block 3: Ferrous
Block 4: Red creatures.

Ferrous is up.


Male Dwarven Veteran (Level 3) hp 35/37  || AC 2 || F11 A15 C12 D11 H6 W8 || THAC0 17 || Mv 20' || Infravision 60'

Ferrous swings at the formerly still dead in front of him.
Attack: 18 - 1d20 ⇒ 18 - (13) = 5
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
His swing was a bit wild and connects but only inflicts minor damage.

Dark Archive

Tier 3 Map | Tier 4 Map | Tactical Map | Party Loot Spreadsheet | Party Thirst: 0. Party Hunger: 0.5 |

Ferrous manages to strike the creature with his axe.

Two of the creatures begin flailing their claw-like hands, one at Ferrous and the other at Fistep. Ferrous is struck twice!

Ferrous: 5 damage. You are now at 18.

Dice:
V.Ferrous: 17 - 1d20 ⇒ 17 - (14) = 31d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
V.Ferrous: 17 - 1d20 ⇒ 17 - (17) = 01d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
V.Fistep: 17 - 1d20 ⇒ 17 - (13) = 4
V.Fistep: 17 - 1d20 ⇒ 17 - (7) = 10
Init. Ana: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 3) + 3 = 12
Init. Brathas: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 1) + 1 = 3
Init. Ferrous: 10 = 10 pre-rolled
Init. Fistep: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 6) = 12
Init. Wallia: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 1) = 6
Init. Zynazyr: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (1, 2) + 3 = 6
Init. Monster: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Init. Monster: 1d6 ⇒ 3

TACTICAL MAP UPDATED

Round 2 Initiative
Block 1: Ana, Brathas, Ferrous, Fistep, Wallia, Zynazyr.

Block 4: All creatures.

Everyone is up!


Male Human Cleric 3 Prophet Male Cleric 3 | hp 16/16 | AC 3 | F15 A15 C12 D15 H11 W13 | THAC0 18| Mv 20'

Walia drops his mace and then slings a bullet towards the closest enemy 19 - 1d20 - 1 ⇒ 19 - (19) - 1 = -1 if hits 1d4 ⇒ 3

Dark Archive

Tier 3 Map | Tier 4 Map | Tactical Map | Party Loot Spreadsheet | Party Thirst: 0. Party Hunger: 0.5 |

Wallia's sling stone strikes one of the creature's masks with a loud "CLANG!" and leaves a large visible dent.

I'm assuming you are aiming at red who would not have a cover penalty from you.

TACTICAL MAP UPDATED

Round 2 Initiative
Block 1: Ana, Brathas, Ferrous, Fistep,
Wallia, Zynazyr.
Block 2: All creatures.

Everyone except Wallia is up!


M Human Thief 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 3 | F14 A12 C14 D12 H11 W11 | THAC0 14 | Move 40'

Brathas moves just north of Fistep and stabs at Red Zombie.
THAC0 15: 15 - 1d20 ⇒ 15 - (4) = 11
This time, he misses.


Alphatian 2 | 11/12 hp | AC 8 | F16 A11 C15 D15 H12 W13 | Mv 40' | Detect/Read Magic 2-6
Spells:
Cantrip (3-6) | Sleep, Sleep, Binding

Seeing the creature get through Ferrous' armor, he throws another ustar at it.

THAC0: 18 - 1d20 - 1 ⇒ 18 - (1) - 1 = 16 eek, duck! I better put these things away.
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3


Male Dwarven Veteran (Level 3) hp 35/37  || AC 2 || F11 A15 C12 D11 H6 W8 || THAC0 17 || Mv 20' || Infravision 60'

Ferrous bellows in rage more than in pain. He pushes the creature back with his axe before bringing it around in another swing.
Attack: 18 - 1d20 ⇒ 18 - (14) = 4
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
This time his axe digs in deep to the rotting flesh. Ferrous grins as he knows it was a solid blow.


Female Elf 2 HP 15/15 || AC 3 || F13 A12 C14 D15 H11 W13 || Mv 15' || Infravision 60' || THAC0 19 (bow or sword)/15 (battleaxe/two-hand sword) || Find secret doors/hear noise/detect magic 2 in 6

Ana snarls in rage at the undead that seems to proliferate this place but keeps fighting. She steps up to stand beside Ferrous and sweeps the legs of his foe.

THAC0 15: 15 - 1d20 ⇒ 15 - (13) = 2 Damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Dark Archive

Tier 3 Map | Tier 4 Map | Tactical Map | Party Loot Spreadsheet | Party Thirst: 0. Party Hunger: 0.5 |

Brathas and Zynazyr are unable to land a successful blow, but together Ana and Ferrous bring down the creature that they face.

TACTICAL MAP UPDATED

Round 2 Initiative
Block 1:
Ana, Brathas, Ferrous, Fistep, Wallia, Zynazyr.
Block 2: All creatures.

Fistep is up!


M Human Thief 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 3 | F14 A12 C14 D12 H11 W11 | THAC0 14 | Move 40'

It was pretty stupid of Brathas to get into melee range of things that can kill him in one full attack. Hoping for the best.


Male Human Fighter 3 hp 14/17, 2NL || AC -1 || F11 A15 C15 D10 H12 W12 || Mv 30'

Swings his sword at the red creature.

THACO: 16 - 1d20 ⇒ 16 - (8) = 8
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Initiative: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5

Dark Archive

Tier 3 Map | Tier 4 Map | Tactical Map | Party Loot Spreadsheet | Party Thirst: 0. Party Hunger: 0.5 |

Fistep swings with his sword but only manages to cut free a piece of the creature's robe.

FYI when standing up they have AC 7.

The two creatures claw at Brathas and Fistep. Brathas is struck twice by the creatures' black fingernails!

Brathas: 4 damage.

Dice:
v. Brathas: 17 - 1d20 ⇒ 17 - (16) = 11d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
v. Brathas: 17 - 1d20 ⇒ 17 - (20) = -31d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
v. Fistep: 17 - 1d20 ⇒ 17 - (15) = 2
v. Fistep: 17 - 1d20 ⇒ 17 - (11) = 6
Init. Ana: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 6) + 3 = 11
Init. Brathas: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (3, 6) + 1 = 10
Init. Ferrous: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 5) = 8
Init. Fistep: 5 = 5 Pre-rolled
Init. Wallia: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 6) = 12
Init. Zynazyr: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 3) + 3 = 12
Init. Monster: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Init. Monster: 1d6 ⇒ 5

TACTICAL MAP UPDATED

Round 4 Initiative
Block 1: Ana, Brathas, Ferrous, Fistep, Wallia, Zynazyr.

Block 2: All creatures.

Everyone is up!

BTW Ana and Ferrous do not quite have enough movement to move behind the creatures and attack this turn. But if they run they could move all the way and then not attack.

3,051 to 3,100 of 3,533 << first < prev | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chronicles of Arcania: Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.