Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Chosen ones, Home brew, high Fantasy Pathfinder (Inactive)

Game Master Little Finder

Current MAP

temple map ground floor


301 to 350 of 806 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Male Human

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Despite the wooziness and the splitting headache, the spell that he had cast gave Elon a vastly improved general awareness. It was as though the world came into perfect detail, perfect clarity. He saw a ........


Archaouss:
Archaouss makes his way towards the back of the stair case curiously. His dagger still drawn he now stands very close to the other stair case.

Perception
1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 - 1 = 12

Stealth
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


Perception: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 - 2 = 18

Memories flashed through his mind. Happy, sad, joyfull, painfull. The clashing and conflicting emotions running through his mind was almost paralyzing. However, it wasn't disabling enough to hear Argius' swearing or notice the huge shadow rising up to seemingly attack people.

Cursing angrily, he fired a shot off with his crossbow shouting,
"This REALLY isn't the time to piss me off!"
before reloading, preparing to fire another shot.

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 5


Archaouss:
As you make your way forward, the air getting thicker as you go, the banging stops almost as you reach the second stairs. You look just in time to see a gagged and bound female Elf close her eyes to go unconscious. She is curled on the floor behind the stairs. At a quick glance she looks injured and her heels are bleeding from where you guess she was banging on the floor.

Everyone downstairs:

As you look at the shadow you notice that around where you would expect to find the neck on a humanoid creature, there a blue flashes of light. They look like dots at first but upon closer inspection you see they are locks and keys. shining the same blue as the flashes.

Carth:

Your Crossbow bolt flys straight and true, flying with grace through the air and finding it's way comfortably to its target. The sound of hard metal hitting glass is heard as it hits the creature in the chest area and falls to the ground. Another blue lock can be seen where the Bolt hit for a moment then blackness returns to the spot. It looks at you.

Another will save please Carth. Your bolt hit and the damage roll has been taken into account.


Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Hmm, doesn't look good. Better fire more bolts at it


Carth:
The pain in your head increases to the point where your memories are not clear. You have the overwhelming urge to grab your head the pain is that significant. Till you get another will save or help you can not attack and you can not move at full speed only 5ft a round. imagine migraine in the middle of battle.


With a cry of pain, Carth collapses onto his knees, dropping his crossbow as his hands move to grab his head due to the immense pain he suddenly felt.


Archaouss:
Archaouss glances around couighs slightly due to the thickening smoke and quickly cuts through the bonds.

Heal check1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Str test?
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Knowing he has no talent in healing Archaouss slips his dagger back in it's sheath and slips his arms around the female elf. If this wasnt the time to envy those warrior types...What was she doing up here anyway? I thought that little man said this was abandoned or something. He thought as he strained to pick the elf up. turning he makes his way to the other staircase.

Wonder what the others have found


AC 17, FF 16, TAC 11 // HP 13 //F 4 R 1 W 0// Per:0 //Init: 3

Krallek looks at Carth in utter confusion and gets ready to charge the shadowy beast.


Krallek from your post are you delaying an action? not doing anything this round? or charging? It is your turn in initiative.

Archaouss:
You can successfully pick her up with a roll of 13. You make your way to the other staircase, moving around debris as you go. Glad to be moving away from the thick smoke. She stirs a little in your arms as you pick her up bit slips back into unconsciousness. As you pick her up you notice her wounds are many, bruises and cuts, she looks dirty and her clothes are scuffed, ripped and marked in various places.


Archaouss:

Holding the female elf in his arms Archaouss slowly and carefully makes his way down the other stairs grunting slightly with the effort.

"Where are the others? Why am I doing all the work?" He mutters to himself glancing around having to watch his step as he moves down the stairs.


AC 17, FF 16, TAC 11 // HP 13 //F 4 R 1 W 0// Per:0 //Init: 3

Sorry DM that was just a flavor post. My first round action after the initiative roll was to take a double move to mu current location.


cheers Krallek

Krallek:
From where you are stood you can see that the creature is emanating from the orb.

Archaouss:
As you head down the stairs you no longer see the blue flashing coming from the room you had earlier seen it. The smoke has almost cleared from the ground floor room.


Argius steps backward and places his hands on Carth.

Carth:
As he does your the pain in your head disappears, though the memories still come.

"That should help, at least for a while. Seems it likes you and your friend over there."Argius says pointing to Elon.

Initiative order updated and moved from previous page so it can be seen.

NAME & ROUND 1 ACTION

DM??? <----- Stood up and appeared.
Carth <------ attacked creature, failed save
Krallek<------charged creature, saw orb
Argius<-------Touched Carth.
Galacia<------TO GO NEXT
Elon


Archaouss:
Archaouss snorts eyeing the blue light walking carefully with the elf still in his arms.
"Would you all stop playing around I have someone hurt over here you layabouts! Go in grab the orb if its there and leave." he shouts as he reaches the bottom of the stairs.

Perception
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9-1 still gm?

Edit: lol oh well here goes Archy the oblivious elf


Galacia nearly trips over herself as she recoils from the creature's scream. In her panic, she fires the crossbow at the creature out of pure reflex. An instant later, she's scrambling toward the exit but a glance over her shoulder at Krallek stops her short of her destination. "He rushed over to help me. I can't just leave him like this."

Attack:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Damage:1d8 ⇒ 2

Such an appropriate roll. =P


Female Dwarf Bard (archaeologist) 1, Initiative +2, Perception +6, Hit Points 9/9

Have been away from interweb. Back now.

Having been guarding the entrance, Velana bursts into life when the creature appears.

initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Any chance for knowledge rolls to work this out?


Male Human

Spawn of the night, return from whence you came and leave this place for those who would otherwise keep it as theirs!

Charging the creature with staff in both hands, the terror he feels is hidden for the moment as action must be taken.

Judgement of sacred justice is activated as a swift action, gives me a +1 to attack rolls.

attack roll: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 22
1d1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

I am at -2 to AC right now for the next round thanks to the charge


Velana:
As you turn from guarding the doorway, you hear two things, The voice of one of the party calling that some one is hurt from a room off to the right. As well as a loud roaring scream from the room ahead when the flashing suddenly stopped and a small scream of pain from anther member of the party. If you go into the room with the creature I will add you to the initiative in round 2, if you help Archaouss (the voice in the room to the right) I will save you initiative for use if you join the creature scenario later. (there is a map link at the top of the page) Please post in spoilers until you are on the initiative tracker So I can more easily follow the two or three scenarios. Thank you and I'm glad you are back.

Archaouss:
As you get to the bottom of the stairs you notice the blue flashing has stopped and you hear a loud roaring scream coming from where you suspect the party is. You are no longer at -1 at the bottom of the stairs. The Elf in your arms open her eyes upon hearing the roar attempts to get out of your grip but it is very week attempt before she realizes she has no strength. "please do not take me back to him."She says desperately (in Elven) before returning to a semi-unconscious state.

Galacia. You as your panic turns to an attack, your crossbow bolt flying past it and over its 'closest estimate' to a shoulder. Poor you and your dice rolls, but they at least you don't have to make a will save.

Elon I have placed you next to the creature, move yourself if that is not where you wanted to end your movement. the outcome will not change unless you place yourself out of range to attack it. Your Staff hits the creature with ease, swiftly raining down upon it. As it hits your hand shakes a little when it suddenly stops, the ring of wood hitting glass can be heard once again. You are also close enough to see that the creature is emanating from the orb, your attack damage has been taken into account. Make me another Will save please Elon.


Male Human

Will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Your foul presence will not take my mind demon spawn of the foul depths. Return to the orb from whence you came and begone from this plane. Return to your servitude and despair.


The creature reacting very little to the hits and looking around he see's Argius and heads straight from him. Ignoring the debris as it moves. As he moves through the debris, the orb moves with him, rolling over and around the Debris as it goes. The creature pointed a shadowy finger at Argius.

Argius flinches for a moment griping his hammer tighter.

A blue flash is seen moving from the finger to Argius, and the hammer flys into the creatures hand.

Carth, and possible Elon depending how bad his will save is hears a angry voice in their head. "He knows Argiusotherer the Unrelenting. Do not think yourself safe where you are."

Argius face turns to anger for a moment before the creature throws the hammer back at him.

Dm??? attack rolls
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
1d4 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

*EDIT Elon you do not hear the voice. You pass your will save and are no longer plagued by the memories or the pain.

NAME & ROUND 1 ACTION

DM??? <----- Stood up and appeared.
Carth <------ attacked creature, failed save
Krallek<------charged creature, saw orb
Argius<-------Touched Carth.
Galacia<------Attackrd Creature
Elon<---------Attacked creature, passed will save.

______________________________________________________________

NAME & ROUND 2 ACTION

DM??? <----- attacked Argius
Carth <-----------TO GO NEXT
Krallek
Argius
Galacia
Elon


Muttering angrily to himself, pausing only to briefly thank Argius, Carth stands back up, picking his crossbow up as he does. Checking to make sure the crossbow is still loaded and satisfied with the result, he fires at the creature again, determined to see this creature fall.

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 9


Elon you would of gotten an attack of opertunity. If you wish to take it. Carth I will post your attack results after Elon has chosen to take an attack or not.


Male Human

I am feeling lucky so far with the rolls, so yeah I will take a free attack lol

Attack roll: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 + 1 = 17
damage roll: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Will Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

The orb is the creature, and the creature the orb. Be careful.


Archaouss:
Archaouess whips his head toward the scream "Damn it" At the sound of the female elf's voice he quirks a feathery eyebrow up. What is this elf involved in? he wonders as she settles back down in his arms.
Hurriedly he rushes towards the door only pausing briefly to glance at the female dwarf at the door. "Well you coming in or not?"


Elon:
Your staff once again strikes a blow on the creature. It turns ever so slightly to look at you, but does not stop moving towards Argius. your damage has been taken into account. you failed your will save I'm afraid. Your head throbs so much from the pain that comes rushing back and increases. Your memory's becoming once again erratic and filled with emotion. all you want to do is grab your head to stop the pain. You can not attack or any other action other than communicating, nor can you move more than 5ft a round until you get a chance to pass another will save or are helped.

Carth:
Your bolt once again finds its way easily to its target. Striking with the now familiar glass sound. You hear Elon's words moments after your finger pulls the trigger to attack. As the bolt falls to the ground the creature looks at you, then pauses for a moment as nothing happens, it then fixes its attention once again on Argius. You do not have to make a Will save but your memory's remain running through your head.

Archaouss:
Are you staying in the room you have placed yoruself in or are you headed to the room with the creature in it? if you are headed for the creature please make me a initiative roll then place yourself into the room. If you are waiting on Velana's reply then no need to make the roll until you where going to head in the room. You hear Elon's words as you wait.


Archaouss:
Well Arch has his arms full of an elf woman who has now said something about not going near whatever Arch and my reasoing is that get her out to safety, still burning building, then head back in so no need to roll yet as Im heading to the door once outside and place the elf down then Ill head back in

"Grab the orb and run then!" Archaouss yells in reply before dissapearing outside.


Archaouss:
yes roll when you head in room.


Krallek your up next.


AC 17, FF 16, TAC 11 // HP 13 //F 4 R 1 W 0// Per:0 //Init: 3

Krallek yells over his shoulder at Archaouss Not sure that's a good idea but here she goes and he runs up to the orb and grabs it.

Not sure but would that be an attack?

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Good roll, dont forget to move yourself on the map. and yes it woudl be an attack role. if it was a living moving thing then it would be apposed rolls but for this situation attack is more appropriate.

DM roll:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

As Elon shouts, Krallek runs forward, grabbing the orb as he runs. The creature concentrating on Argius so much, turns just time to see Krallek approach it. It swipes for you and misses widely.

As you grab the orb you hear in your head (as does Carth and Elon) "Do not let Argiusotherer the Unrelenting touch me." and with that the creature disappears into the orb.

Nice run Krallek, you will have to do a will save I'm afraid though.


*Bow* Thank you. Thank you. Your welcome for the brilliant rogue idea! I will cash or credit for payment of its patented use btw ;)


AC 17, FF 16, TAC 11 // HP 13 //F 4 R 1 W 0// Per:0 //Init: 3

Will save 1d20 ⇒ 18

Krallek runs over and deftly scoops up the orb.

Edit: wow 2 lucky will saves in a row.


Archaouss reaches outside and breathes in relief glad to be out of the burning mill. Blinking in the sudden bright light he realizes he is still holding the elf woman and looks around for a spot to set her down. Kneeling he lays her down as gently as he can looking her over as he does.

Heal
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

"Why was she tied up in there?" He mutters to himself before looking back towards the mill wondering if his companions had succeeded.

Perception
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Coughing to try and clear his lungs he shakes his head and calls for aid. "Would someone please get out here and help this woman? I cant tell if she is ok!" Staying near her he studies her in more detail now.

Know local
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

ok Krallek give me my share of luck back thank you!


Carth watched as the creature disappears into the orb. Sighing with relief as the pain in his head finally clears, he realises that he is still plagued by the memories the creature brought to the surface.

However, before he could concentrate on his own problems, he heard Archaouss calling from outside to aid someone he had rescued. As quickly as he can, he hurries outside and over to the woman and does what he can for her.

Heal: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Excellent rolls on your saves Krallek.

Archaouss, as you turn towards the Mill, you see Carth heading out towards you. The knowledge local wont help you beyond, she looks Elven, sounds Elven & smells...well like a burning building hehe. She would not look out of place in the town from what you have seen.

With the help of Carth you are both able to get her to regain consciousness.

She begins to open her eyes, then she sits up and looks around in a serious panic for a few moments, when she fails her attempt to stand, she looks at you both. "Do not hurt me, please"(Again in Elven) She speaks with tears in her eyes. Trying to move away from you both.


AC 17, FF 16, TAC 11 // HP 13 //F 4 R 1 W 0// Per:0 //Init: 3

Krallek looks around at Elon and Galacia and gives them the lets get the hell out of here look and waits for them to exit the burning building before he does.


Archaouss laughes softly and smiles trying to put the elf at ease and lowers his hood to expose his elven ears. Speaking in Elven "It wouldn't make much sense now to rescue you haul you through a burning building just to hurt you now would it?" He smiles again.


"What my friend said," Carth said softly, also in Elvish, "We're here to help you."

He paused for a moment before getting some food out of his bag,
"Hungry?"


Male Human

Administering heal check to self to get myself working and up

Heal check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Elon slowly gathers his forces, the divine inspiration of the Judgement fading as he focuses his chi on centering himself in the universe and the realm around him.


Elon, your heal check is good, the pain subsides but the memories and emotions are still at the surface.

The young woman stops inching away. She shakes her head at the offer of food but does momentarily smile to you. "Who are you both? what do you want with me? where is he? has he gone?"(In Elven)

Now you are in the light you can see how substantial her wounds are, she has cuts, bruises on most of her visible body, including her face and hands. Her clothing was torn in places and very dirty. Her hair long and brown and she has a small build, even for an Elf. She looks to be quiet young, if she where human you would guess she was in her late teens early twenty's. She looked to be about 120 no older.


Male Human

Elon stands slowly, chi focused once more. Mind focused, although the synapses are raw and the memories he would rather forget are too near the surface.

Heading outside, he sees that there is an elven lady on the floor. He had a small amount of spell force left. A small ability to help the body heal its own wounds. If there was nothing else he would be good for then he would help that out.

In Common My lady, I have some small ability with spells and such like, and believe I know of one that can heal the wounds that you have suffered. If you give me your permission, then I will cast it upon you.

Assuming she allows me to cast then be healed for

CLW use: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


AC 17, FF 16, TAC 11 // HP 13 //F 4 R 1 W 0// Per:0 //Init: 3

Krallek walks out with Galacia (assuming she does so) and exits the burning building. When he gets outside he sees the others tending to a strange woman he has not seen before.

Har! So I was right, someone WAS trussed up like a baby calf upstairs and banging on the floor boards huh?

Krallek, upon noticing the woman's rough condition, decides the gloating should probably wait for a better time.


Archaouss glares up at the two humans. "Be quiet both of you. The lady is quite shook up and seems to only speak elvish."


As Galacia exits the burning mill, she immediately sees the crowd growing around the elf woman. She notices the woman's rough condition and grows a bit concerned for her. "Come on you guys. At least get her somewhere safe before you start pestering her to death."

Even with the injured elven woman in front of them, the most important thing on her mind was the orb. Galacia turns to Krallek and gestures to the orb in his hand. "We should get that back to Mr. Graves. Maybe he can tell us more and find somewhere safe to keep it while we search for the others."


"Well, my name is Carth," Carth said, still in Elvish, "And, as far as I am aware, aside from rescuing you and making sure you're alright, we don't intend to do anything to you. And I don't know who this 'he' is who you are referring to."

As he glances around the group, he notices that someone is still missing.
"Erm, guys," Carth asks, in common, "Where's Argius?"


Male Human

Last I saw of him, he was back there in the building, I will go and check.

Quarterstaff out, he goes back into the building searching for Argius. Shallowly breathing to try and not have problems with smoke inhalation, and testing the ground with the staff to make sure that he isn't about to plunge through the floor.


The Elven woman upon hearing common, she begins to speak in common. "Thank you for getting me out. We have to go soon in case he comes back to finish the job." She pauses for a moment trying to think. "He is... I cant remember, I knew. He had a horrible smile, something was wrong with it. Why can't I remember." She begins to get distressed again and tries to stand up again unsuccessfully. "I am sorry. I need to go before he comes back, he wanted me dead."

After the young elf speaks. Elon who is reacting to Carth's question, re-enters the building. Heading to last location you remember seeing Argius in.

Elon:
You see him at the back of the room you where all in, near the back entrance examining something. As you the closer you see large claw makes on the frame to the door and as you step closer you notice the same large footprints leading away from the building.

As you get close Argius looks at you for a moment, as if he was examining you, he then holds his hand out and places it on your shoulder. It feels much heavier than you expect it to for a man of that size. his grip tightens on your shoulder and he begins to whisper.

As he does your memories begin to subside and the emotions that are with them become easier to handle until they are gone and your thought patterns and emotions return to normal. "That should sort it boy." He says with a smile. pushing lightly down on your shoulder before he lets go. "Well what do you think of this then?" he says pointing to the claw marks.


Male Human

The claws look over large for a normal wolf or similar, and they wouldn't leave footprints like that. Some kind of lycanthrope maybe, they tend to come out as larger than normal, at least so the stories tell us. After all, a normal wolf wouldn't come into a burning building just to claw at a door or something. I have my suspicions as to who this might be, although wish to confirm this first before acting upon anything.

He turns from Argius. Thank you for giving my mind back to me. It is much appreciated.


Archaouss places a hand on the woman's shoulder. Speaking in Elvish "Mamm I didn't pull you out of a fire for you just to try and go kill yourself out in the wilds. Least give me your name. Plus my companions here took care of the monster, you have nothing to fear. Plus if this man shows his face we will protect you." He grins trying his best to calm the girl.

Diplomacy
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

301 to 350 of 806 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chosen one game play All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.