Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Chosen ones, Home brew, high Fantasy Pathfinder (Inactive)

Game Master Little Finder

Current MAP

temple map ground floor


251 to 300 of 806 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Gm would it be ok for arch to roll for stealth or is that something you would rather take care of


Please feel free to roll it, I Do not like to do skill rolls for players. I do roll initiative for people but nothing else unless I have to.


Elon:

One of the temple workers looks at you as you approach "We are aware, We have a job to do here. Argius is with you is he not?"

Carth you see no nasty surprises as far as you know, however it is obvious that the part of the room you see is empty of the type of equipment you expect in a mill.

Those near the mill, see a large open room, though through the smoke you can not see the full size of it. There is no movement inside other than flickering light from flames and smoke and the roaring seems to have disappeared. You do hear movement from somewhere above the room but you cant discern what it is.


AC 17, FF 16, TAC 11 // HP 13 //F 4 R 1 W 0// Per:0 //Init: 3

Krallek calls out to the person upstairs Hello? You up there. Do you need help? Are you injured?


You hear the noises stop momentarily as Krallek shouts, then in answer it starts again, this time it is a regular pattern of banging in one spot coming from the ceiling above.


Male Human

Yes Argius is there, but there is something else. A being something like three times the size of a human, huge thing. It came from the forest and went into the mill. There are no tracks coming back out, and no smell of burning flesh, so whatever it is is still in there. If it is content to burn down a building around it, then it is a greater threat than just 6 people can take on by themselves. I entreat you to send us some help if it can be spared damn it!

Elon will wait for the man's response, his anger rising slowly.

Surely this fool must realise the danger we are all in?


"I don't like it," Carth muttered, "A person would be screaming for help, not tapping away on the floor above."

Carth slowely entered the room, looking around for away to get up onto the next floor and still making sure wherever he was going was safe (relatively speaking for a burning building).

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 (if you need it)


AC 17, FF 16, TAC 11 // HP 13 //F 4 R 1 W 0// Per:0 //Init: 3

More n' likely you are right. But what if the guy who started the fire tied and gagged someone and left em for dead upstairs? Either way we should be careful.

Krallek also looks for a safe way upstairs: 1d20 ⇒ 17


Archaouss advances slowly after the other two men though mindful of keeping one eye on his surroundings he kept the other on the girl.

Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Elon:

"Argius is with you! Either help there or here but what ever you chose please stop preventing me from doing what I can to help the scared and injured." He returns to his job.

At the mill:

Krallek and Carth:
You can see no way to get upstairs from the door way, though you see no immediate danger other than the fire. You do know from being outside that the tower is to your right. the stairs or way up may be in another room.

Archaouss:
You can easily move unheard through the room you can see. The noise of fire and banging would mask anyone treading softly and with the smoke you can more easily go unnoticed as far as you can tell.

The banging continues, it is becoming more intermittent and less patterned, though it does not move form the spot you first heard it. The heat from the fire doesn't seem to be getting stronger or weaker. Argius is now making his way into the room, as he does the smoke begins to slowly clear.

Velana makes her way up towards you from the river. though she has not reached you yet.


Seeing no where upstairs and no immediate threats (excluding the fire), Carth cautiously heads towards where he thinks the tower should be, hoping to have find a set of stairs in there.


Male Human

Yes Argius is there, but more help would be appreciated. I can see you have your hands full. I will get going.

Elon will then start running once more back to the old mill, hoping that no one has been hurt in the meantime.


Archaeouss cautiously follows the others keeping to the shadows his dagger held at the ready. The smoke from the fire irritated his eyes but at least it gave him some advantage over the humans.


Galacia follows behind everyone else, not really sure what she should be doing or why she was doing it. Being surrounded by smoke wasn't exactly making things better either. As she follows Carth into the next room, she stops to cough into her sleeve. "Why are we skulking about like criminals? Let's just get the stupid orb and get out of here."


current map has been updated


As you enter the room, the smoke surrounds you, the smell of burning wood and another scent fills your nostrils. for a moment your eyes water but as Argius moves through the smoke clears a little and you are able to see the room more clearly.

The fire damage is minimal here, the wood on the walls looks to be peeling, the beams on the ceiling looks ok from where you are. The two windows are letting in enough light to see the two doorways, one going to the right and one straight ahead. more smoke seems to be coming from straight ahead than from the right.

You can hear the fire and the banging. the air feels thicker than you expect it to and the blue flashes are coming faster now. from the doorway straight ahead.

"I don't know what that banging is or isn't but I'm heading for the orb." Argius says walking ahead


Carth nodded in agreement to Argius' comment before replying to Galacia,
"I'm trying to be cautious to reduce the chances of being caught of guard by whatever is doing the banging or something else for that matter. The fire and smoke is bad enough, random surprise attacks from bad guys in a burning buulding, not helpful."

Carth then continued to cautiously move towards the doorway with the blue flashes, stopping by the doorway to check inside to see what he can see.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Male Human

As Elon also gets to the mill (for the second time) he notices the smoke pouring out from entry holes. Moving to whatever windows he can, he will smash them through to create more ways for the smoke to come out, and therefore hopefully make the situation inside easier.

When the windows are smashed through (not sure how long it will take), he will once again dump his stuff and take just the quarterstaff and himself into the building. Moving cautiously and trying to hear what is going on around. Assuming he hears the banging, he will head straight ahead, figuring that the grinding is the tower coming down upon itself.

Perception rolls 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


At the sound of smashing glass Archaouss whirls ready to throw his knife but lowers it when he makes out Elon stepping inside.

"Blast it human! Next time I will just throw the knife and save myself the bother." Archaouss growls angrily before lowering the knife and peers upstairs.

Perception
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


As Elon smashes the window the smoke clears a little more and a small breeze is whipping what is left of it upward. upon the sound of smashing the banging from above stops momentarily but continues again after a short while. it is sounding a little labored at this point though.

As Argius, Carth, Galacia and Elon slowly make their way deeper in, joined shortly by Velana, the floors creak underfoot and flashes increase in speed. The heat from the flames are more intense in this room and the smoke is thicker , though like the other room is beginning to clear a little as Argius hold his large hammer ready to swing. He moves slowly around the left side of the room.

Carth and Elon:
Elon there is no grinding sound.With Argius in front of you both you can not see all the way into the room. it is significantly larger than the previous room and has what looks like has abandoned and time damaged equipment in it. Nothing you would expect to see in a building called 'the mill'. mostly desks, boxes and various wooden furniture. As Argius and yourselves enter the room the blue flashing gets quicker and quicker. It does not get brighter however.

Archaouss:
You turn in to the room to the right of the original, it is more square but a similar size, there is a stair case not to far ahead, though due to the smoke you can't see all the way up it, though you do not see the flickering red of flames, the banging from above is stronger in this room than the other, you can hear a muffled sound, but it is not quiet loud enough to discern what it may be.


Male Human

His jaw hardens at the threat given to him by Archaouss. It had been a foolish risk yes, but he had thought it was in the best interest. Last time I help that bastard

He heads deeper into the room, trying to work out where the the blue flashing is coming from exactly and at the same time keeping an eye out for danger.


AC 17, FF 16, TAC 11 // HP 13 //F 4 R 1 W 0// Per:0 //Init: 3

Krallek cautiously enters the room with the blue flashing. He jumps a little as he hears the smashing of the glass behind him and then smiles at the elf's response to it. Straight shooter that one. I can handle that. he thinks to himself.

Keeping an eye out for danger as he enters the blue flashing room.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 9

Edit* some flavor text above


Carth cautiously enters the room with blue flashing, jumping slightly as glass smashes behind him. He was about to turn and see what was happening when he heard Archaouss curse at Elon.

Focusing his attention back on the room, he notices that the flashes have increased when they entered the room. Doing so, he attempts to locate the source of the flashing.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Im assuming that this is a different room than the others are heading to?

Curious Archaouss continues away from the others his elven ears straining to hear the muffled sound again. His dagger held at the ready he advances slowly and cautiously.

Perception
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Stealth
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


Yes Archaouss, the room with the stairs is off to the right and the room with the 'flashing' is straight ahead.

Archaouss are you heading up the stairs? or staying in the room and looking? Good stealth btw.

Krallek and Carth You see no immediate danger other than the fire and smoke, the flashing increases the deeper in to the room you go.

Elon, feel free to role a perception, as you are specifically looking for something.

Velana guards the first room.Ill be rolling perceptions for her periodically.


Male Human

Quarter staff ready, Elon continues to look around the room for danger and the source of the blue flashing light.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Maps updated, place yourselves on it where you will.

Elon:
You see the flashing appears strongest in the furthest left hand corner though you can not pin point exactly where. You also hear breathing, someone or something is trying to be quiet.


Cautiously moving up in front of Argius and too his left, Carth continued to scan the room.

Moving up to L9 on the map

"Don't suppose anyone can see the orb, or anything dangerous for that matter?" Carth asked, making sure to say quiet enough that his question would only be heard by people in the same room as him.


Male Human

Moving to L11.

I believe the orb is back in the back left corner there, but there is something living here. Cloaked somehow. I can hear it, but can't see it. Give me a moment

An intense look of concentration crosses Elon's face and he begins muttering to himself quietly. Casting detect evil and using it to methodically search the room


Elon, please pick a direction.


Male Human

Will choose a cone in the direction of where I think the orb is.


Elon:
In your first round of detection. There is no evil detected in the direction you first look, We will call that north for the proposes of your detect evil movements only. (I presume you are moving clockwise in you detection.) If so you do detect evil to the east.


AC 17, FF 16, TAC 11 // HP 13 //F 4 R 1 W 0// Per:0 //Init: 3

Krallek moves towards H8.


Male Human

Be careful all, there is evil to the back right corner. I will continue concentration on that sector, but begin slowly moving that way. Be careful though, there is something here.

Continuing to concentrate on the spell


Elon:
I will do next two rounds at once There is a large amount of evil in that cone. It is very much coming from Argius.


Responding to Elon's words, Carth diverts his attention to the corner Elon indicated had an evil presence, cautiously moving towards a nearby piece of rubble for cover.

Moving to O7

Once he reached it, he scanned the room again, searching for the source of the breathing, or the evil or the orb, or general nastiness.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Galacia's attitude changes when Elon begins talking about the evil presence. She follows behind Krallek as she makes her way to the orb in the corner. Once she reaches Krallek, she'll stop to look around and listen for any movement.

Perception:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Assuming she doesn't see or hear anything from the left part of the room, she'll start sneaking toward the left wall, staying as close to the ground as possible.

Stealth:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Ugh. I should have been a rogue. Anyway, headed toward I8 first then sneaking toward B7 after that as long as nothing stops me.


Archy will of course go up the stairs hehe


As Elon points out where he believed the orb is, you can all see the blue flashes and breathing are coming from there.

Galacia with those rolls you don't notice anything new. The smoke and the news must be distracting you.

Carth:
The breathing is coming from your left, towards where Elon pointed out the blue flashes where coming from.

Elon, Carth, Galcia, Krallek please roll a will save.

DM rolls:
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26

Archaouss:
As you make yoru way up the stairs very quietly, the smoke becomes thicker, youe vision is impaired slightly (-1 on perception) Though you find you can breath pretty ok where you are. You come to a room, with debris spread across it chairs, boxes and other furniture. You can hear the banging quiet clearly. It is coming from behind the other set of stairs.

map for the floor you are on.


Male Human

Will Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Ouch, thats a low roll

Argius is evil. Why didn't I see that coming earlier? Graves didn't have a leadership roll in the kingdom and yet still was seen as respected in the community and so on. The evil coming off him is almost tangible. Oh hells, if I tell the party then I am putting them in danger, but if I don't tell them, then only I am in danger. It makes sense then to keep them safe. What is making the flashes? The evil is off Argius, but what in the name of the gods is making the breathing sound whose source I can't see.

Elon will continue to scan the room for evil auras and keep an eye out, gripping his staff more tightly.


Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Having noticed the rough direction of where the noise is coming from, Carth cautiously moves towards the flashing light, via another piece of rubble, checking behind him for the source of evil that Elon said was there.

Heading to K7


AC 17, FF 16, TAC 11 // HP 13 //F 4 R 1 W 0// Per:0 //Init: 3

Elon, by 'back right corner' you mean over in area r2? I hope so, cuz thats where I am headed. 8)

Krallek will gesture for Galacia to follow behind him as he heads towards k5 to peer around the debris pile.

Will save: 1d20 ⇒ 17

edit: and readies his spear just in case


Was just wondering something about the orb. Are the flashes coming from ground level or are they higher up like something is holding it?

Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


Archaouess squinting slightly creeps towards the the sound now his curiousity getting the best of him. He knew he should be down helping the others but Just want to know what this thumping is, then I shall go straight down he thought to himself.

1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 7 - 1 = 13


Galacia and Krallek, you are both ok, you rolled high enough. From where they are coming from you can not tell how high or low the flashes are emanating from as the flashes are brightened by the smoke.
As you move towards the light, the breathing becomes louder and the flashes quicker.

Elon & Carth:
You failed I am afraid.You begin to feel tired, your eyes become very heavy and you can't look away from the blue flashes. The thoughts you have become hard to control. Erratically jumping from happy memory's then sad ones. Your emotions find it hard to catch up and a huge pain begins to grow in your head.

Archaouss:
The thumping is getting more erratic and weaker. you see no immediate danger in the room, though the smoke is getting thicker.


Well...I'm going to regret this but my character is getting super impatient with all this fire and smoke so here goes. =P

Galacia waves her hand dismissively as Krallek gestures for her to follow him. She wanted this all to be over and done and that meant getting the orb out of here. The girl gathers all the courage she can muster and makes her way toward the large pile of debris across the room. Headed toward C7 instead of B7 from before since I can't determine where the orb is exactly from here. I'll still use the lousy stealth check from before though if it matters.

Once in place, Galacia will crouch down behind the debris and peek her head out slightly to see if she can spot the orb from here.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Of course.


Ah must be the smoke Galacia, obviously stopping you from seeing.

As Galcia heads towards the flashing it speeds up so much then everyone hears a loud angry scream. Followed by a huge flash blue flash.

"Oh .....@£$% &££ ^@£%$%&&** W£@£%@^^" A string of creative and multilingual expletives stream from Argius as the flash dies down.

A Very large shadow looms from behind a row of boxes. It is 12foot in height and is humanoid shape. (it matches the silhouette for those that saw it earlier) it starts as black as night at its head and blue at its legs. You see flashes of blue around its neck.

Perception roll again from everyone in the room please. Carth and Elon you both have -2 to the roll.

Initiative rolls:

Galacia 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Krallek 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Carth 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Elon1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Argius1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
DM ???1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Initiative order:

DM??? <----- Stood up and appeared
Carth <------ To go first
Krallek
Argius
Galacia
Elon

Archauoss you are not in the room so you are not included on the initiative, feel free to post your responses to your situation as and when you are on line though please spoiler it if you could. I don't want you to wait. You do not hear or see anything that has gone on, on the floor below you.


AC 17, FF 16, TAC 11 // HP 13 //F 4 R 1 W 0// Per:0 //Init: 3

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 14

Krallek charges in the direction Galacia headed using a double move.


Haha. Oops?

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Oh. I was wondering how much of my view the debris blocks. Mostly just need to know whether or not I have line of sight to the monster from where I am. Thought I'd ask before my turn to speed things up.


perceptions are good/preferable to be posted now but will do any other actions, I.E. movement, in initiative order.

Hehe Don't worry about Galacia it was going to happen sooner or later. someone was going to head for the orb.

251 to 300 of 806 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chosen one game play All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.