Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Chosen ones, Home brew, high Fantasy Pathfinder (Inactive)

Game Master Little Finder

Current MAP

temple map ground floor


1 to 50 of 806 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Each of you have your own reason for being here from where you came. Some a journey of discovery some have been told to come here by your local religious or spiritual leader. (This is up to you what ever suits your character.) Either way by now you know you have to come to this town and meet with a person called, ‘Sandy Grave’ so here is where you guys meet:

It is a bright sunny day , the breeze is blowing from the north and its coolness was a welcome feeling after the heat of travel. You enter a Town via the central square. Around the square you can see a few buildings, to the left of where you enter it looks like the buildings are shops, there are signs and flags outside them. Ahead of you on the other side of the Square are two large buildings, one may be a dwelling or perhaps the Town Hall. Next to it the building has the distinctive look of a temple. You do not recognise it as a particular deity’s, but its white walls and beautifully detailed columns definitely give the impression of a temple. The remaining building seem to be dwelling’s of varying sizes and shapes.

With not a cloud in the sky the market looks busy. The town square is filled with wooden stalls with varying objects on them. From where you are you can see a meat vender, the smell of a roasting pig fills the air. You can also see a book seller and a few more different objects, bottles with various coloured liquids in, some jewellery. The noise of a hundred conversations and haggling customers drifts through the square and you get the feeling if this place was empty it may just echo every sound you made. Along with the smell of roast pig, you can smell water in the air, there would seem to be a body of water close.

Through the noise of the crowd, your ears tune in to a single voice. A polite yet rushed voice,

”Excuse me, Excuse me…….EXCUSE ME!” With the final exasperated ‘excuse me’ the crowd parted and you see a short, robbed man rush towards you. His purple robes waving n the wind he created as he ran. He reached you and stoped to catch his breath, grabbing his knees for balance, he takes deep gulps of air.

”hello…you...are…here…he…said…you…would…be…here…today.”

Standing up after catching his breath he speaks once more.

if you are first he says:

Sir graves has sent me to meet you. He wont be happy, you where off by 8 minutes. So sorry I am late to meet you. Please follow me.

He turns to walk and stops part way, sighing at himself.

sorry again, I should introduce myself. My name is Arguis Somner, I work for Sir Graves. Your are expected. Please follow me, we are going to the temple.

If you are anything but first he says this, he says this

Hello, I am Arguis Somner, Sir graves is expecting you. Please come with me, some of you have already arrived. We will be going to the Temple.

You make your way to the temple. He takes you round the out side of the market rather than struggling through the middle. He takes you through the main street and turns right to head to the temple.

The temple looks much bigger from where you are now, its columns almost look like they reach to the sky. You get an overwhelming feel of calm from it. And if you touched the walls you could almost swear you feel it vibrating ever so slightly.

You enter through the main doors, to heavy doors larger than any you have seen. Though Argius seems to move them with ease. The large hall greats you with symbols on the wall from many different languages. (There will be at least one you can read). It says, ‘Welcome all who believe’.

He takes you through the hall and yu are surprised to notice your footsteps do not echo. Despite the stone floor and large open space. You enter a door on the right of the hall and it appears to be a library. Large windows light up hundreds of books lining the walls. There are some seats in the room and a large table in the middle, strewn with some books.

if you are first the room is empty other than yourself and Arguis, if you are next then those that came before you are in the room

Please wait here I shall return with Mr Graves, there are refreshments there, please help yourself. he points to the end of the table where you see a large jug and some fruit. And with that eh leaves the room via the other door.


Ultramarine Apothecary

Raising an eyebrow at the small man rushing toward him, Marcus chuckles a little at the man's exhaustion and commitment to schedules. "Mister, I think you need to relax a little,hahaha. I'm sure this Graves person will not be terribly burdened by a couple of minutes." Deciding this must be the man whom he was looking for, Marcus follows taking in his surroundings. Always on the lookout for trouble, the warrior is happy to arrive at the temple without incident.

Admiring the beauty of the stone work as they move through the structure, Adarian feels rather at ease in this place. Leaning his trident against the wall,Marcus picks up a piece of fruit, cutting a small piece off with his dagger, and tasting it for any peculiar notes. Reponding to Arguis' comment, he says with a wink "Don't keep me waiting too long, Arguis."


Archaouss enters the town his cloak pulled up against him the hood pulled up over his ears and long hair. When he heard running footsteps and the laboring breath of the man Archaouss paused turning his tilted green eyes upon him narrowing them slightly until the man explain his reason.

Perception1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15To pick out details about this man

Intimidate1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Nodding Archaouss gestures for the man to lead the way and he calmly follows him glancing about him with mild interest, noting the many languages written upon the wall of the building.

Archaouss enters the library noting the presence of another human with a trident near him. From inside his cowl Archaouss looks him up and down before nodding once more to Arguis and taking a seat his back to a wall pulling out a small but lethal looking hand crossbow and sets about polishing the wood with a piece of cloth.


Ultramarine Apothecary

Having fought against and with creatures and humanoids of all types, Marcus is not shocked to see the dark elf enter the hall. With a smile he says, "Got ya a letter, too, I see." Glancing at the tool of the assassian being held by the elf, he adds "Interesting choice of tool you choose to carry there, my friend. Last time I had the misfortune to see one... or rather, experience the effects of one of those pea shooters I was about to put an end to a prized drider in an arena in Nidal. Hit the floor before I knew what happened. Guess some folks prefer to not play the rules." he finishes with a chuckle.

"I've been known to use a dirty trick or two in my day as well." Pulling a small tube from his belt, he continues "Can't tll ya how many times this little beauty has saved my hide. Filled with a fine sand. Blow it in your opponent's eyes and gives ya the time to set yourself up a bit better." Realizing he has forgotten is manners, he says [b]"Sorry to talk your ear off without so much as a name. Marcus Adarian, king of the arena.And who might you be?"


just to clarify Archaouss isnt a dark ellf....ty though lol


Ultramarine Apothecary
Archaouss the Serpent wrote:
just to clarify Archaouss isnt a dark ellf....ty though lol

Oops,haha.Marcus and his assumptions. ;)


God you racist! Just cause hes slightly scary looking and has a hand crossbow doesnt mean hes a dark elf. You racist bastard.....Just kidding lol....I admit the pic doesnt help but its such a nice pic hehehehe


As Marcus and Archaouss get to know each other, you hear noises in the back that sound like muffled voices.

Perception dc 5:
You hear a worried female voice, and a male voice you recognize as Arguis Somner. you cant quiet hear what is been said but you get the feeling Arguis is trying to calm the woman.

Arguis enters the room via the door he left.

Excuse me, It appears Mr. Graves, is very busy at the moment. he sighs and breaks his smile Actually he believes there are more of you to come and as he see's and relives the future all day he doesn't like repeating himself so he will meet you when you are all present. you get the feeling from his tone he is tired of having to make excuses for Mr Graves and decides at this moment the truth would be better received than false pleasantries.

As he is about to carry on speaking, a woman bursts through the door and continues talking to Arguis.

This is the fourth one this week, what will we do about this! They just disappeared. Things like that don't just DISAPPEAR! someone is taking them. There is a thief in our midst and if this isn't solved by next week, you can explain to everyone why we wont be harvesting next season.

with that she storms off, muttering to herself.


Male Human Ranger 1

Elondor slips quietly into the room after listening to the ruckus from the door. Noting the three men, he addresses Arguis. Hello, my name is Elondor Vesuvius. I was sent here by my friend Jacov, who tells me you have need of some services. I can only assume these other two men he gestures toward Marcus and Archaouss are here for similar reasons. Elondor grabs a chair, setting his sword against the wall before taking a seat. So how many more are expected?


Welcome Elondor Vesuvius, I believe we are expecting two more, one has messaged ahead and the other should be arriving shortly. Argius indicated to the refreshments. Please help yourself, and my apologies for the noise as you arrived. I assure you normally we are a quiet town. It's just there has been some issues recently.


Male Human Ranger 1

Elondor stands, pouring himself a glass of wine. Well i certainly hope we can help resolve some of these issues.


Well any help would be appreciated. perhaps I should explain what has happens. every year around this time we have a harvest festival. its an important day in our calendar. you see out town is dependent ton farm and trade to survive and each year we honor the gods by the bringing together of the four power orbs. they are placed at the bottom of the tree in our town center and they grow and make the tree brilliant with light.

these four orbs represent each of our industry's and sources, one for the farmers, one for the merchants, one for the faiths and one for the leaders.

They have all gone missing over the past four weeks and without them we can not make our offering to the gods for a successful harvest. without a successful harvest the merchants have no merchandise and the town can not trade.


Archaouss narrows his eyes as another human enters and lets the small crossbow lay on his lap as he tilts his head to the side clearly hearing the conversation in the next room. Minimum perception is 8

Turning his head he watches Arguis come in and later the woman on his heels. When Argius then explains the letter and he grows interested somewhat.

"Who was the woman." He says after a moment.


Ultramarine Apothecary

Seeing that the other two men seem to have things in hand when it comes to the questions, Marcus continues to listen and enjoy his food. Raising his eye brows at the accusatory rant of the lady, Marcus chuckles and says,"I guess you'll think better than to make her cross again,Argie, hahaha."


Arguis Laughs at Marcus's comment.She is worried as we all are, but she is quick to anger and not so quick to act herself. preferring to accuse others of doing nothing. If you ever meet her husband you will understand. she is the wife of this years Farming orb holder. If she returns calmer I shall introduce you formally.

Any help you could give us in this would be appreciated. We are busy with preparations for the coming ceremony and I'm afraid we are few and can not devote much time to this issue. Despite my feelings on the matter.

If you wouldn't mind trying to find whom ever is responsible. the Merchants Orb was the first to go missing, if you find Sybil in the market. You can't miss her, even if you wanted to. She will be able to tell you more. in the mean time we shall prepare your rooms and make ready your goods.


Ultramarine Apothecary

Taking what Argius says in, he rubs his chin then says,"We came all this way to take care of business, friend. I am sure these other men are men of action, as am I. This Sybil, is she the head of merchants guild or something of that nature? Either way, we'll find her and see if we can't get some information out of her as soon as the others you mentioned arrive." Glancing over at the other two men in the room he adds, "In the mean time I believe we have some time to get acquainted."


Sybil is...Well Sybil is not in charge but you wouldn't know it. nothing goes on with out her knowing. She is...how to put it...Arguis searches for a polite word She is the matriarch, everyone's mother hen. though sometimes she can leave you feeling hen pecked. She is nice just hard to get used to but as i said she knows everything that goes on in town and despite her balshiness, she is a great judge of people.

He goes to excuses himself.

We shall get your rooms ready. feel free to have a look around the temple, or town and read the books here if you so wish. If you require any further assistance then please ask. Anyone in robes like mine will be happy to help you if they can.

with that he leaves to finish his dutys.


Male Human Ranger 1

Well I suppose introductions are in order gentlemen. My name is Elondor Vesuvius, of the renowned hunters by my families name. After taking a slight bow, My home is the forest, its creatures unable to escape my arrow or blade. I hope my skills in tracking can be put to good use locating these power orbs.


Female Human Cleric

Opening the door Agira almost collided with Argius, and after excusing herself she moved two steps back and allowed him to go on. As she entered the room she couldn't help but stare at the person inside: She expected them to look like mighty sorcerers, yet they do not resemble the preconceived images at all.

I am Agira Lyrpas,nothing but a humble servant of my goddess Pharasma, I do believe Mr Graves is waiting for me. She looks better around the room and at the faces of the people. I hope he haven't already left. .

Although she tries her best not to show it she is shaking with anxiety, and avoids to go towards the center of the room hoping not to get too much attention.

She was lucky enough to hear Elondor's introduction just as she opened the door but she had no clue about the other two And who might you be?


Archaouss raises one slim eyebrow and gestures to the room, "We have all been summoned" he says softly studying the others before crossing one leg as he sits rearranging himself for the long wait and slips his hood back sensing he can relax now the sharp angle of his ears standing out plainly.


Male Human

As the doors swing open to admit Agira, Elon also comes in after her. He walks much faster than you would expect, a presence of energy and yet a strange calmness surrounds him. His gear and clothing are battered and a little torn in places, the quarterstaff he uses bound tightly with worn leather.

You are not the only one that this Mr Graves is waiting for, although I am sure he is aware of this if his reputation is anything to go by. I am Elon Shabin, a jack of all trades in many respects, but I believe that my particular talents might yet come to be of use to us all.

He watches the group, slightly tenser than normal, unsure of where he stands with them, yet happy to bluster more than a little.

What say you all that after this briefing we head to a tavern of some kind, get to know one another a little better?


Elon mind having adding an avatar? lol

Archaouss sneers slightly and looks towards the windows growing angry with the wait he has been subject to.


Female Human Cleric

I... guess. Agira replied not being absolutely confident that it might be a good or safe idea. She didn't knew almost nothing of those people but one thing she was certain on: if these men were the chosen of the gods, then, they can be quite dangerous. For now she had nothing to fear them, especially in that temple.

She forces a smile and looks at some of the books on the table, for now being satisfied with only reading their titles.


Male Human
Agira Lyrpas wrote:

I... guess. Agira replied not being absolutely confident that it might be a good or safe idea. She didn't knew almost nothing of those people but one thing she was certain on: if these men were the chosen of the gods, then, they can be quite dangerous. For now she had nothing to fear them, especially in that temple.

She forces a smile and looks at some of the books on the table, for now being satisfied with only reading their titles.

Sense Motive rolls on Agira and Archaouss to determine mood

On Agira: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

On Archaouss: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Looking to Agira, he smiles, she was uncomfortable for sure, but there was little reason to be. Uncertain as to what the task was, there was little that could be done other than to meet the challenge head on and hopefully overcome it. Life had so much excitement to be seen, and how could one not take it by the horns.


Umm Elon not to be a stickler or anything but what your talking about there is called a hunch Sense Motive check since none of us were bluffing the DC of a Hunch check (to check the mood of any social situation) is 20, pg 104. just for future reference.


Male Human

Fair enough my mistake. Unfortunately I did not realise that the DC was that high. To some degree it makes little sense for it to be that high though, would mean that a standard NPC would almost never have a hunch about how someone was feeling or what emotion they are experiencing. Also, Agira had already mentioned that her character was shaking a little, and that is also a fairly obvious sign of anxiety and the like. I don't mean to come across as knowing it all, but like I say, it seemed a fairly decent roll, and I figured I would know at least a little of what she was feeling, especially as it had manifested into physical behaviour.


Oh yeah I understood where you were coming from (forgot to mention that in my last message, fell asleep :) lol) just thought id let you know heck I didnt even know till I looked it up out of curiousity


Ultramarine Apothecary

Always ready to enjoy a drink and company of someone new being that in his trade old friends are in short supply, Marcus says in his booming voice, "I am sure that should be fine, Elon. I, for one, would be most willing to take the warmth of a pub and good company."


Some nice role playing guys glad everyone is here. To clarify this is also a home brew system, common sense will overrule the books. i don't always stick to all the rules but when the rules are changed they are change for everyone. It will always be fair, you will always be told when possible but there may be situations and choices you guys make that i haven't come across before. I am a decent DM if you can convince me it makes sense and/or its funny I may just allow it whether book's do or not. ok guys lets get back to it.


Argius enters the room and releases a Sigh of relief.

I was informed you had all arrived. I am pleased to see it s true. Welcome everyone. For those who where last, refreshments are there.He points to the refreshments Mr Graves will be down shortly he is preparing some items. He apologizes for this wait. I assure you he is moving as quick as he can however this recent incident has thrown him off a little. However your rooms are almost done

He pauses for a moment looks upwards and then nods.

Feel free to come and go as you please however Mr Graves asks that you do not practice or use your particular...talents...in the town. people here are very faithful to the gods. which sometimes makes them narrow minded as a group. With the current situation regarding the orbs it would not be advisable.

Your help with the orbs is greatly appreciated. IF they could be found before the harvest festival things could return to normal around here. well as normal as this place gets anyway. He smiles to himself and laughs a little.


Male Human
Argius Somner wrote:

Argius enters the room and releases a Sigh of relief.

I was informed you had all arrived. I am pleased to see it s true. Welcome everyone. For those who where last, refreshments are there.He points to the refreshments Mr Graves will be down shortly he is preparing some items. He apologizes for this wait. I assure you he is moving as quick as he can however this recent incident has thrown him off a little. However your rooms are almost done

He pauses for a moment looks upwards and then nods.

Feel free to come and go as you please however Mr Graves asks that you do not practice or use your particular...talents...in the town. people here are very faithful to the gods. which sometimes makes them narrow minded as a group. With the current situation regarding the orbs it would not be advisable.

Your help with the orbs is greatly appreciated. IF they could be found before the harvest festival things could return to normal around here. well as normal as this place gets anyway. He smiles to himself and laughs a little.

Elon looks to the place where the refreshments are, and picks at one or two plates, not looking hugely hungry, but who would turn down free food?

How many days do we have to the festival? Are there any suspects in their disappearance? I realise that there might be no suspects, but if there were then it would give us a good place to begin looking. Also, if you would allow us access to where the orbs went missing from, perhaps we would be able to garner clues as to what occurred.

If this lackey is unable to tell us these things then I will ask Mr Graves the same questions at a convenient moment.


Again Elon mind putting up an avatar just hard to see where your post begins sometimes.

Archaouss frowns looking up at the nervous little man. "I will need access to some kind of basement with a lab if I am not able to go into town to practice my art."


Male Human

Access to a small courtyard would certainly be useful. I like to rise early. If we cannot go into town, then the courtyard and possibly a sparring partner would be most appreciated.


TY :)


Male Human
Archaouss the Serpent wrote:
TY :)

Any time


Ultramarine Apothecary

Perking up at the mentioning of a sparring partner,Marcus says, "I'd be more than happy to work with you, Elon. I like to keep my skills up as much as possible. You get to know a man far better in the ring than anywhere else." Smiling he sits back and continues to munch on an apple.


Male Human

Smiling at the offer Elon perks up a little. Indeed, I have also often heard that much can be told about the manner in which a man completes calligraphy of a certain kind, although how to interpret the information is a skill that alas does not fall within my wide base of knowledge. What time would be best for our sparring?


Female Human Cleric

Agira grabs one of the glasses and slowly starts to drink while skimming through the books. She listens at what Argius had to say then added another question to Elon's. "Being so important for the town I presume there was someone charged with protecting them?".

Looking at Elon than at Marcus she sights: "While I do believe we have more important things at hand, if you insist on this... friendly sparing, I'll volunteer to be the judge. I guess that the last thing Mr Graves needs is a man bleeding to death in his courtyard.


Ultramarine Apothecary

Casting a glance toward Agira, Marcus realizes that theyoung lady believes the workout could lead to real violence and says, "Worry not young lady. I am well trained in both hurting and not hurting others. Beside that, my net is the only tool which I would be using. It offers the potential for harm, but harm of its own. Elon, I am ready at all times In fact, I often train three times a day. I will be available when you need."


Male Human

Smiling at the assumption that it would be fighting to draw blood, Elon looks at Marcus properly. The man looks imposing, much more muscular than Elon was, and certainly lighter on his feet. His armour also gave the man a much more ominous air, the mismatch of armour types curious, but it worked to give an intimidating impression.

My own training is also fairly advanced, not only looking at staff techniques to incapacitate or kill my foes, but in time I have learnt to do much the same with my hands. Thus I am in theory as dangerous with just my fists as I am with a weapon in my hands. A sparring match against you Marcus would be an honour, and I look forward to the day that I am perhaps lucky enough to best you in a match Perhaps we could have our first bout after this meeting with Mr Graves?


Ultramarine Apothecary

"Indeed, Elon, indeed. I have learned something from every man that I have ever fought. My greatest experience came in the form of a bout with a halfing slave-warrior in Cheliax. Being that he was such a tiny creature I figured the match would be quick and I ould be the victor. It took that small man all of 6 seconds to make a fool of me with his net and dagger. I would have died that day were it not for my popularity and the my status as a free man. I became his student and learned the use of the very weapon he used to defeat me. From that day on I under estimate no one." Stretching out a bit and placing his hands behind his head, headds, "Besides, I sould stand to learn more about using my fist. Not every combat is supposed to be as real as it seems in the arena."


There is a courtyard here, through the main hall and round the back. as far as labs go, there is n room for a private lab however we have an extensive set up, upstairs and in the attic, which you are welcome to use.

As far as suspects, all I know is gossip and exaggerated hearsay. I can tell you that the person to talk to is Sybil. As I said earlier to some of you, what she doesn't know, isn't worth knowing. You are welcome to access where our Orb is normally kept, however each group is responsible for their own orb and it is not my place to give you permission to see where the others are usually kept.

Are there any other requests before I leave?


Male Human

Elon thinks for a moment, and realises that it is probably best to not make an enemy of this man, so keeps quiet for the moment


Female Human Cleric

"That is all,at least from my part. Tell your master that we are thankful for the accommodation and that I wish to see him as soon as he can spare some time. " Agira said with somewhat more assurance in her voice.


Male Human
Agira Lyrpas wrote:
"That is all,at least from my part. Tell your master that we are thankful for the accommodation and that I wish to see him as soon as he can spare some time. " Agira said with somewhat more assurance in her voice.

If you would be so kind as to leave us the directions to meet this woman by the name of Sybil, then that would be great. Other than that, if we need anything in the near or far future, I am sure we will call upon your assistance. Thank you for your time


Ultramarine Apothecary

"And are there any areas of town we should be avoiding with the state of things as they are. Hot tempers, charlatans,and zealots tend to flare up at times like these. I'd rather avoid any angy mobs if at all possible. My fame in the arena has only brought me the slightest celebrity, but I do have some knowledge of how angry mobs work. We will need to be winning the favor of the locals quickly if we are to be getting anything other than suspicion."


"Give me the names of all the inns here. Start with the dives of the area. I will go there and investigate." Arch speaks up quietly ignoring the rest.

Just wanted to let you guys know I am really rather nice and sociable I swear :)


Ultramarine Apothecary

"So straight to the point, Archaouss. I admire that sort of approach to life. No wondering what it is a person really means."


Male Human

Looking into the bars might in fact be a good idea. Certainly tongues tend to become looser after a pint or two. Will you be going alone?


Arch looks at Elon for a time before replying. "Anyone who would accompany me must now show at the same time I do. We must appear diverse else the people I would associate with would grow wary."

1 to 50 of 806 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chosen one game play All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.