Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Children of the Void (Inactive)

Game Master therealthom

part 2 of Second Darkness


1,501 to 1,550 of 1,756 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>

Male Half-Elf Ranger 7

I tell ya, I've never seen so many pc's in one thread who have such amazing perception checks. Kuva had a great perception as well. Between the lot of us, there shouldn't be anything that gets past us.

"Looks like we got ourselves a hidden door, fellas. I'll see if I can check it out." Just before he attempts the climb, "Ummmmm, any o' you fellas got a rope? Mordecai was nearly rock art earlier and I'm really not interested in painting the ground either. Anybody?"

Climb check for whether we have rope or not(Just to avoid holding things up):

Climb: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 WHOA! Man that's cuttin' it close. Still wanna be using rope if possible, though.


Oops. Obviously I wasn't entirely clear. The door is easily accessible directly from the ledge. The crevice which is past the end of the ledge requires the climb.

Should Lothan decide to make the quite unnecessary climb:

The crevice narrows into a fissure barely as wide as your chest. Beyond the narrows is the shadowed chamber of a cave.


Male Half-Elf Ranger 7

I'm good with the door. That works for me. :)


So you're all in through the door? Marching order?


(AC 19, hp 33 of 37) Human Cleric (Urgathoa) 6

If the corridor is 5 ft. wide, we might as well stick to Tyrrol, Lothan, Mordecai and Lecian in single file. If it's 10 ft. wide, Tyrrol and Lothan can take up the front, while Mordecai and Lecian cower in the back. Er, I mean, 'lead from the rear,' of course. :)

Mordecai pulls out and opens his copper and blood agate locket of continual flame, as a light source.


Tyrrol pushes the door open. Just as it hits its stop, a burning rune flashes on the face of the door accompanied by a painfully shredding wail. Mordecai and Lecian flinch away from the sound but Tyrrol and Lothan face the full brunt of it.

2d8 ⇒ (5, 3) = 8 Sonic damage. DC 16 reflex save for half.

Beyond is a short five foot wide section which widens into a broad cavern. Water drips from the limestone walls and ceiling. The cavern floor is littered with a black burnt looking rock. The ceiling slopes upward away from you.


Male Half-Elf Ranger 7

Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 Dang.


Tyrrol?


Male 'Half-Elf' Fighter (Two-Handed) 4 / Oracle (Battle) 1 / Barbarian (Urban) 1 / Ranger (Trophy Hunter) 1

Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16.

With preternatural grace, Tyrrol throws himself to one side, avoiding the worst of the blast of sonic energy.

With a shrug, he continues forward.


Male Human Diviner Wizard 6

"Perhaps it's time for a little more care." Lecian casts Mage Armor and False Life. "Let me check every door for magic from now on."

Temp HP: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


The hidden door faced north. The cave is roughly triangular with the west wall running almost straight north-south and 30-40 feet long. The north wall slopes from there to a point 20-30' north of you and about 20' to your east.

There are two passages out of the room aside from your door. They are in the northeast corner and about halfway along the west wall. There is no source of light except that streaming in through your door.

Perception DC 22:
Ever so faint sounds of movement and a whisper of steel from further in the cave.


Male Half-Elf Ranger 7

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31

"You fellas hear that? Sounds like we got company further in. And we're fixing to lose our light completely. Hey, Lecian, can you shed some light for us, buddy?"


Male 'Half-Elf' Fighter (Two-Handed) 4 / Oracle (Battle) 1 / Barbarian (Urban) 1 / Ranger (Trophy Hunter) 1

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15.

Tyrrol shrugs, but grips his flail all the more tightly, and squints into the shadows...


(AC 19, hp 33 of 37) Human Cleric (Urgathoa) 6

Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

"I have light," Mordecai says softly, so that his voice does not carry, gesturing at the glowing pendent around his neck. "Although Lecian's arcane light would also be welcome, so that we are never reliant on a single light source."

continual flame locket

He reaches forward to Lothan, intoning a soft word, and uses his wand to stitch up some of his most recent injury.

wand of cure light wounds on Lothan 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Male Half-Elf Ranger 7

"Thanks, Mordecai." Lothan pulls out his bow and tests the string. "Alright, if you fellas are ready, let's move."


Tyrrol, Lothan, Mordecai, and Lecian in single order? And what is your first objective?


I'll assume you go for the doorway in the lefthand wall.

Your light suddenly dims and you can't see much of the cave at all. Only a small dim radius around you. From across the room there's a metallic slap of a crossbow.

Crossbow at Tyrrol. 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 .. damage 1d4 ⇒ 1

The bolt barely touches him.

Suddenly a remarkable man clad in a chain shirt dashes into your vision. He'd be an elf, but for his coal black skin and demonically red-rimmed eyes. His rapier is leveled over the edge of his shield at Tyrrol as he charges.

"Chetumgo! Chetumgo!"

It's hard to say whether this a a warcry or an alarm.

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

That's not going to work well for him.

Range 15 feet


Male Half-Elf Ranger 7

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Male 'Half-Elf' Fighter (Two-Handed) 4 / Oracle (Battle) 1 / Barbarian (Urban) 1 / Ranger (Trophy Hunter) 1

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7, 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13. I will take the 13 :-)


Male Human Diviner Wizard 6

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


(AC 19, hp 33 of 37) Human Cleric (Urgathoa) 6

Initiative, Dex 12 for tie-breaking 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Ludomancer for the win! Lecian had warning going into the cave. if you want to retroactively establish a buff spell or two prior to combat, you may. You're up.

1d4 ⇒ 4

Init, Round 1:

Lecian, 21
Lothan, 14
Tyrrol , 13

Black Elf 9
Mordecai, 9


Male Human Diviner Wizard 6

Lecian casts Shield before going into the cave.

Once inside, he waits for Lothan and Tyrrol to position themselves.

Delay until after Tyrrol's turn.


Male Half-Elf Ranger 7

Lothan's eyes go wide as he pulls out two arrows and fires before pulling out a third one and releasing that one at the dark elf as well.

Attack #1: Darkwood Comp. longbow(Str +1) w/DA;PBS;MS: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 4 = 26
Damage: 2d8 + 12 + 8 ⇒ (1, 3) + 12 + 8 = 24

Attack #2: Darkwood Comp. longbow(Str +1) w/DA;PBS;MS: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 4 = 10


Male 'Half-Elf' Fighter (Two-Handed) 4 / Oracle (Battle) 1 / Barbarian (Urban) 1 / Ranger (Trophy Hunter) 1

With an unintelligible war cry, Tyrrol charges the elf...

+1 Consecrated Ancestral Heavy Flail: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 12 + 2 = 33, for 1d10 + 19 ⇒ (6) + 19 = 25 Magical Bludgeoning damage.

Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 12 + 2 = 24, for 1d10 + 19 ⇒ (8) + 19 = 27 *ADDITIONAL* Magical Bludgeoning damage.

...slamming his flail into the elf's head with a sickening crunch.

"Mae'n eich amser i farw."

Aklo:
"It is your time to die."


Lothan's arrow transfixes the dark elf's heart. He drops to his knees, mortally wounded.

He's still a moving threat, sort of. (Zero HP for him) I 'll leave it for Tyrrol to amend his action if he wishes. Lecian delays.


Moving ahead then.

Tyrrol charges forward and pulps the elf's head.

Lecian?

Perception DC 22:
There's a sharp surprised intake of breath from somewhere in the darkness.


Male 'Half-Elf' Fighter (Two-Handed) 4 / Oracle (Battle) 1 / Barbarian (Urban) 1 / Ranger (Trophy Hunter) 1

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24.

Tyrrol cocks his head to one side.

"Byddaf yn clywed gennych! Dewch allan, yn dod allan, ble bynnag yr ydych yn!"

Aklo:
"I hear you! Come out, come out, wherever you are!"

He then shakes the blood and brain matter from his flail, and looks around the room...


Alas, the rest of the room outside your light is dark.


(AC 19, hp 33 of 37) Human Cleric (Urgathoa) 6

Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19


Male Half-Elf Ranger 7

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20

Lothan turns to Mordecai, a confused look on his face. "Any idea what the heck that gibberish was he just threw out there?" he motions over toward Tyrrol with a nod. "I think I've heard him spew that garble out before. I gotta say, it's just weird."


Male 'Half-Elf' Fighter (Two-Handed) 4 / Oracle (Battle) 1 / Barbarian (Urban) 1 / Ranger (Trophy Hunter) 1

Tyrrol steps forward, pacing out the room, intent on revealing its full extent...

Tyrrol has an Ioun Torch active.


(AC 19, hp 33 of 37) Human Cleric (Urgathoa) 6

"I speak Goblin, so I'm fluent in gibberish." Mordecai mutters back. "That's not gibberish..."

Mordecai casts a light spell on Lothan's blade, and then steps forward after Tyrrol, his own continual flame locket ablaze upon his breast.


Male Human Diviner Wizard 6

Lecian casts detect magic in the direction of the fallen elf.


Male Half-Elf Ranger 7
Mordecai wrote:
"I speak Goblin, so I'm fluent in gibberish." Mordecai mutters back. "That's not gibberish..."

"Good enough for me." He shrugs.


Lecian:
magic detection reveals a vial in the elf's belt pouch.

Tyrrol steps forward and the darkness rolls back from him. After a couple steps there's another SNAP of a crossbow from the right.

Crossbow at Lothan. 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 .. damage 1d4 ⇒ 1

Footsteps patter away to the right.

Someday I'll get a chance to work on a map. You're still in rounds. Top of Round 3.

Init, Round 3:
Black Elf 22 (delayed from round 2)
Lecian, 21
Lothan, 14
Tyrrol , 13
Mordecai, 9


Male Human Diviner Wizard 6

"You have a light. Go meet it face-to-face." Lecian taps Lothan's shoulder, granting the elf a measure of precognitive ability.

+3 insight bonus on all attack rolls, saving throws, skill/ability checks


Male Half-Elf Ranger 7

"You got it, buddy." Lothan moves as far as he can before firing at the dark elf.

Got not idea if I even see this guy but will go ahead and roll just in case.

Mwk. Longbow, Comp (Str +1) w/DA;Manyshot: 1d20 + 8 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 4 + 3 = 25
Damage: 2d8 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (7, 8) + 5 + 4 = 24

Did not add in Point Blank shot. If applicable then add +1 to hit and damage.

Man, I hope I can see this guy. :)
Probably not seeing how I rolled so dang well. :P


Lothan charges forward but finds that after eight steps, his light dims and the darkness deepens as the north-eastern corner of the cave narrows into a rough passage. He draws abreast a side passage barricaded with wood and stumbles on rocky rubble.

Ahead he hears a scuffing sound of leather and steel scraping stone and the chink of small rocks sliding ahead of him. In the shadowy light, he sees movement, a figure in the shadows, and fires.

Dim light miss chance 1-20: 1d100 ⇒ 16

His arrow strikes the rocks near his foe's leg.

Tough luck

Tyrrol. Then Mordecai.


Male 'Half-Elf' Fighter (Two-Handed) 4 / Oracle (Battle) 1 / Barbarian (Urban) 1 / Ranger (Trophy Hunter) 1

Tyrrol rushes off after Lothan, hoping to find whatever it is that he heard...

+1 Consecrated Ancestral Heavy Flail: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18, for 1d10 + 19 ⇒ (6) + 19 = 25 Magical Bludgeoning damage.

Miss Chance (High is Good): 1d100 ⇒ 93.


(AC 19, hp 33 of 37) Human Cleric (Urgathoa) 6

Mordecai steps forward to behind where Lothan has entered the darkness, and calls upon Urgathoa. "As lights flicker and dim, so let life's flame gutter and die." The sound of buzzing carrion flies and the stench of rotting flesh fills the air as he grips his unholy symbol in a hand that grows pale and withered.

Channel negative energy to damage all living creatures within 30 ft. of his current location, selective channeling to exclude Tyrrol, Lecian and Lothan. Will save DC 16 for half damage. 3d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 5) = 13


Tyrrol moves forward. Stepping past Lothan he can make out the form of a second dark elf. His mace is not fooled by the shadows and the elf's chest caves in leaving him helplessly sucking for air.

Mordecai arrives and the darkness rolls away from his torch-like locket. His negative energy attack leaves the dark elf completely dead, lying on a rockslide which blocks further progress down this passage.

The flaming amulet also illuminates the wood barricaded side passage and reveals symbols written on the wood.

Undercommon:
Neither disturb nor pass this fence. Singing unlife lies beyond.


Male Human Diviner Wizard 6

"If I could find a place to study for fifteen minutes, I could read these symbols. Otherwise we should just break open this barricade."


Male 'Half-Elf' Fighter (Two-Handed) 4 / Oracle (Battle) 1 / Barbarian (Urban) 1 / Ranger (Trophy Hunter) 1

Tyrrol stares at Lecian for a moment, shrugs, and then begins sizing-up the barricade for dismantling.

"I will begin now, then. You should save your magic."

+1 Consecrated Ancestral Heavy Flail: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29, for 1d10 + 19 ⇒ (7) + 19 = 26 Magical Bludgeoning damage.

+1 Consecrated Ancestral Heavy Flail: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25, for 1d10 + 19 ⇒ (1) + 19 = 20 Magical Bludgeoning damage.

+1 Consecrated Ancestral Heavy Flail: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30, for 1d10 + 19 ⇒ (10) + 19 = 29 Magical Bludgeoning damage.


(AC 19, hp 33 of 37) Human Cleric (Urgathoa) 6

"The language is unknown to me as well, I leave it to your arcane scholarship." Mordecai says to Lecian, as he winces at the racket Tyrrol is making.

"It may be more conducive to study to move back a bit..." he adds, grabbing the strangely hued elf by the boot and dragging him back across the room, so that he is not so close to Tyrrols arcing flail.

He then thanks the goddess for stealing the life of this creature, and begs her indulgence to open his eyes to the glow of the arcane as he begins to search the dark elves bodies for swag.

detect magic


Male Half-Elf Ranger 7

"You know," Lothan starts as Tyrrol smashes away at the gate, "he sure makes a lot of noise. If you think about it, though, I guess that's a good thing. Instead of us having to go look for these dark colored elves, they'll just come to us! Clever, I gotta say."


Male Human Diviner Wizard 6

"I need a light." Lecian sits on the ground and pulls out a spellbook, then begins studying.

Spoiler:
If Lecian manages to go undisturbed for 15 minutes, he'll memorize: Dancing Lights, Comprehend Languages, Scorching Ray


Male 'Half-Elf' Fighter (Two-Handed) 4 / Oracle (Battle) 1 / Barbarian (Urban) 1 / Ranger (Trophy Hunter) 1

Tyrrol shrugs.

"This is the only way forward. I doubt there is a quiet way for us to get past... It is loud, but the faster we get through, the better. I doubt that we had the element of surprise, in any case."


The barricade appears to be no obstacle of substance and proves so when it collapses at the first blow.

As you peer inside, a ghostly bird-like creature with the head of
a beautiful woman forms in the center of the rough-walled room beyond the barrier. She cries out in a woeful voice, “Where is my Yaris? What has happened to him?”


Map

You guys came in via G1 and G2. Fought in G3. Chased the 2nd elf to G4. Broke down the barrier into G5. And are currerntly strung out in the passage from G3 to G4.

1,501 to 1,550 of 1,756 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Children of the Void All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.