Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

Chaosorbit's PFS PbP GameDay VI - #8-18/21: Champion's Chalice (Inactive)

Game Master Chaosorbit

Map and Handouts (Part 1)

Map and Handouts (Part 2)


201 to 250 of 462 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Female Dwarf Slayer 5| HP 49/49 | AC 21(22)*23/24, T 12, FF 19 CMD 20 | F +7(10), R +7(10), W +4(7) | Init +2 | Perc +9 | SM +9

Though aren't trail rations only 5sp/day?

Dark Archive

Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) | Arcanist (occultist) 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 (20/12/18 with Mage Armor & Shield)| CMB:+0 CMD:13 | F:+1 R:+3 W:+3 | Init:+4 | Per:+1 | SM: +0 | Arc Res 4/6 |
Spells Memorized:
Spells - lvl 1, 5/5: Color Spray (DC 15), Grease (DC 16), Stumble Gap (DC 16); lvl 0: detect magic, disrupt undead, message, prestidigitation, read magic

@Bokkah, Garduk had already bought the endure elements wand from The Penumbral Accord if you want to save the gold for now.

Undead? Like those damned skeletons at Azlanti Ridge! At least this time, we have time to prepare.

The next time he prepares spells, Garduk will swap in disrupt undead for acid splash.

Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Garduk quickly relates what little he remembers of Ghol-Gan to the others.

"If we need to carry so many supplies, maybe we should buy a donkey to carry them for us? Or we could all rent or buy horses?"

Garduk will buy 10 days of trail rations and a couple of extra water skins, but would prefer not to carry them all once they're off the boat. He would spring for a donkey and pack saddle to carry extra supplies for everyone, but if the group would prefer to ride instead of walk once we're back on land, that would work, too.

Sovereign Court

Female Dwarf Slayer 5| HP 49/49 | AC 21(22)*23/24, T 12, FF 19 CMD 20 | F +7(10), R +7(10), W +4(7) | Init +2 | Perc +9 | SM +9

Pah! Donkeys just run off with your supplies as soon as something spooks them. I can carry supplies for anyone who can't pull their own weight.

I have something like 100 pounds of spare encumbrance on Kulga. She can handle a few extra meals. Or a particularly small donkey.

Dark Archive

Half-Orc Barbarian 2 Oracle 2 HP:35/35 | AC:8 T:8 FF:8 DR1/- | CMB:5 CMD:16 | Saves F:+5 R:-1 W:+4 | Init:-2 | Per:+1 | Rage:1/7 | Spells 1: 1/5

Similarly Brayne has about 20 pounds more weight he can carry. And to Kulga's point earlier, embarrassingly my first character was an half-orc and he bought half-orc trail rations 1gp each. All my equipment purchases are kept on excel and since I used it as a template, I never corrected it and continued buying half-orc trail rations for all my characters.

Brayne has an exquisite taste and only purchases the finest of the finest trail rations.

Dark Archive

Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) | Arcanist (occultist) 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 (20/12/18 with Mage Armor & Shield)| CMB:+0 CMD:13 | F:+1 R:+3 W:+3 | Init:+4 | Per:+1 | SM: +0 | Arc Res 4/6 |
Spells Memorized:
Spells - lvl 1, 5/5: Color Spray (DC 15), Grease (DC 16), Stumble Gap (DC 16); lvl 0: detect magic, disrupt undead, message, prestidigitation, read magic

Garduk looks at Kulga with the rictus that passes for a grin on his many-scarred face.

"Oh, I think I can carry my weight. But if you don't mind hauling some of my extra food, we'll certainly move a little faster. The other advantage to bringing a donkey would be that we wouldn't have to live only on trail rations if the mission takes longer than we expect, but I see your point."

Mmmm, fire-roasted donkey! Dinner on the hoof!

Using the House Cartahegn discount (incorporated into the prices on the following list), Garduk buys: an extra 10 days of trail rations (4.5gp) (which he will happily allow someone else to carry); a bandolier (0.45gp); two more flasks of holy water (45gp); a cheat sheath (90gp); and another scroll box to hold his new scrolls (4.5gp). In the bandolier, he stocks: 3 flasks of alchemist's fire, 2 flasks of alkali, 2 flasks of holy water, and 1 potion of cure light wounds. His remaining flasks of alchemist's fire, holy water, and potions of CLW (from prior purchases) are in his backpack. As before the race, he keeps his wands of infernal healing and shield in his spring-loaded wrist sheaths.

Silver Crusade

And your off, the journey to Kaddodi winds through thick jungles and along treacherous rivers. Nearing the site of the city, a grisly spectacle comes into view on the side of the trail. A tall wooden pole, decorated with carvings of animals and spirits, has been decorated with several shrunken, mummified heads.

Dark Archive

Half-Orc Barbarian 2 Oracle 2 HP:35/35 | AC:8 T:8 FF:8 DR1/- | CMB:5 CMD:16 | Saves F:+5 R:-1 W:+4 | Init:-2 | Per:+1 | Rage:1/7 | Spells 1: 1/5

Brayne fears not the horrid sight, but does at the thought of un-civilization. Along the way he continues a internal conflict about the means to an end with his ghostly butler.

"Well, that's not something you see everyday. If I had a spirit animal, I'd probably be a giant bat." He chuckles to himself at the site of the wooden pole."What does it mean anyway?" He asks no one in particular.

Any relevant knowledge rolls? Not that I can make them, but just asking..

Silver Crusade

Knowledge (local) and survival

Dark Archive

Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) | Arcanist (occultist) 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 (20/12/18 with Mage Armor & Shield)| CMB:+0 CMD:13 | F:+1 R:+3 W:+3 | Init:+4 | Per:+1 | SM: +0 | Arc Res 4/6 |
Spells Memorized:
Spells - lvl 1, 5/5: Color Spray (DC 15), Grease (DC 16), Stumble Gap (DC 16); lvl 0: detect magic, disrupt undead, message, prestidigitation, read magic

"Wait a moment, everybody - have any of you ever seen something like this before?"

Garduk examines the carvings on the pole, and the mummified heads, looking for anything that would indicate the ages of the carvings and the heads, who might have made them, and whether the heads were part of the original item or added later. He is also interested in whose heads they might be - humans, intelligent humanoids, something else - and is whoever collected the heads still hanging around?

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Silver Crusade

Some of Garduk's reading points him in the right direction, the carvings on the pole are definitely grippli in design, and gripplis don’t have
a reputation as being headhunters. However the Hazh’a halflings are headhunters and are known to live in the region.

Will still take a survival check as well.

Dark Archive

Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) | Arcanist (occultist) 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 (20/12/18 with Mage Armor & Shield)| CMB:+0 CMD:13 | F:+1 R:+3 W:+3 | Init:+4 | Per:+1 | SM: +0 | Arc Res 4/6 |
Spells Memorized:
Spells - lvl 1, 5/5: Color Spray (DC 15), Grease (DC 16), Stumble Gap (DC 16); lvl 0: detect magic, disrupt undead, message, prestidigitation, read magic

Garduk tells the group what he is able to glean from the carved pole and mummified heads.

Kulga or Bokkah are probably better suited for the Survival check.

Sovereign Court

Female Dwarf Slayer 5| HP 49/49 | AC 21(22)*23/24, T 12, FF 19 CMD 20 | F +7(10), R +7(10), W +4(7) | Init +2 | Perc +9 | SM +9

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Survival: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Certainly concerning.

The Exchange

female tengu warpriest of Lamashtu 2 / ranger 1 (guildbreaker) | HP 24/24, blessings 4/4, fervor 5/5 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | F +7, R +5, W +8 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | Spd 20' | Perc +7 | Init +6

Bokkah consults with Garduk and Kulga on the pole. "So are the gripplis and the halflings working together? That seems unusual."

survival aid another: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Are these humanoid heads then?

heal: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Silver Crusade

Bokkah exams the heads and realizes quickly that they are shrunken grippli heads.

Kulga discovers the footprints of multiple small humanoids leading towards and from the pole, leaving in the direction of what you believe is the path to Kaddodi.

Moving on you find the city of Kaddodi. It looms ahead; partially collapsed walls overgrown with foliage tower forty feet in the air, and the buildings in the complex were clearly built to a scale of giants. The stink of blood and tropical decay is heavy in the air—a battle has taken place here. Dozens of small humanoid bodies lie dead in the sunlight, flies and vultures settling into the feast. The bodies are fresh and recent, as if the conflict here took place mere hours before. A gleaming well sits in the middle of the square, seemingly untouched by the violence.

Dark Archive

Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) | Arcanist (occultist) 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 (20/12/18 with Mage Armor & Shield)| CMB:+0 CMD:13 | F:+1 R:+3 W:+3 | Init:+4 | Per:+1 | SM: +0 | Arc Res 4/6 |
Spells Memorized:
Spells - lvl 1, 5/5: Color Spray (DC 15), Grease (DC 16), Stumble Gap (DC 16); lvl 0: detect magic, disrupt undead, message, prestidigitation, read magic

Garduk taps himself with his wand of mage armor as they approach the city, and loads his crossbow, holding it at the ready.

Dark Archive

Half-Orc Barbarian 2 Oracle 2 HP:35/35 | AC:8 T:8 FF:8 DR1/- | CMB:5 CMD:16 | Saves F:+5 R:-1 W:+4 | Init:-2 | Per:+1 | Rage:1/7 | Spells 1: 1/5

Brayne looks around keeping his nerves. "Well. That's not something you see everyday, or any normal day I would think. Say, do you think that the well there is possible magical? It looks odd and out of place, let's go check it." He notes, particularly towards Garduk. Brayne then walks slowly towards the well and attempts to detect magic.

Silver Crusade

GM:

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

As Brayne approaches the fountain, he walks through the bodies. The corpses are comprised of gripplis and halflings, but it is evident from a quick scan that many more gripplis have fallen than halflings. He hears a frantic scratching and whining coming from the battlefield, near one of the grippli bodies.

Dark Archive

Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) | Arcanist (occultist) 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 (20/12/18 with Mage Armor & Shield)| CMB:+0 CMD:13 | F:+1 R:+3 W:+3 | Init:+4 | Per:+1 | SM: +0 | Arc Res 4/6 |
Spells Memorized:
Spells - lvl 1, 5/5: Color Spray (DC 15), Grease (DC 16), Stumble Gap (DC 16); lvl 0: detect magic, disrupt undead, message, prestidigitation, read magic

Garduk follows closely behind Brayne, casting detect magic as well and scanning the bodies as they walk through the plaza.

As they get closer to the well, Garduk almost bumps into Brayne when the other half-orc comes to a sudden stop.

"What is it?" he whispers. "Did your... butler say something?"

The Exchange

female tengu warpriest of Lamashtu 2 / ranger 1 (guildbreaker) | HP 24/24, blessings 4/4, fervor 5/5 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | F +7, R +5, W +8 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | Spd 20' | Perc +7 | Init +6

"We got here just a bit too late for all the fun it seems," jokes Bokkah, trying to hid her discomfort at the gruesome scene. She can't help pecking at the occasional bit of exposed viscera as they approach the fountain though.

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Dark Archive

Half-Orc Barbarian 2 Oracle 2 HP:35/35 | AC:8 T:8 FF:8 DR1/- | CMB:5 CMD:16 | Saves F:+5 R:-1 W:+4 | Init:-2 | Per:+1 | Rage:1/7 | Spells 1: 1/5

Did detect magic reveal anything?

Brayne whispers back to Garduk, "No.. no.. I think I hear something. Shh." He listens intently and he points out the general area where the noise comes from.

perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Taking absolutely necessary precautions, he cast guidance on himself and seeks out the noise. "Hello! Who goes there?"

Silver Crusade

The well does not detect as magical. Looking for the source of the noise you spot a small reptile with a snake-like neck and head, a bird-like body with strong legs for running, and a whip-like tail; scratching at the outside of a satchel, draped around one of the down grippli.

Sovereign Court

Female Dwarf Slayer 5| HP 49/49 | AC 21(22)*23/24, T 12, FF 19 CMD 20 | F +7(10), R +7(10), W +4(7) | Init +2 | Perc +9 | SM +9

Kulga rattles her axe against her shield as she stomps closer to the strange creature.
Yah! Yah! Away!

Here's hoping it's not intelligent and insulted...

Dark Archive

Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) | Arcanist (occultist) 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 (20/12/18 with Mage Armor & Shield)| CMB:+0 CMD:13 | F:+1 R:+3 W:+3 | Init:+4 | Per:+1 | SM: +0 | Arc Res 4/6 |
Spells Memorized:
Spells - lvl 1, 5/5: Color Spray (DC 15), Grease (DC 16), Stumble Gap (DC 16); lvl 0: detect magic, disrupt undead, message, prestidigitation, read magic

"What in the world is that thing? And what does it want from that satchel?"

I'm not sure what Knowledge check would be appropriate to identify the little creature. As of 3rd level, Garduk is trained in: Arcana and Planes (+10), and Geography, History, Local, and Nature (+8). I'll roll the check assuming the proper skill is Knowledge (Arcana), but if it is a different skill in which he has +8 instead of +10, just subtract 2 from the total.

Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

Sovereign Court

Female Dwarf Slayer 5| HP 49/49 | AC 21(22)*23/24, T 12, FF 19 CMD 20 | F +7(10), R +7(10), W +4(7) | Init +2 | Perc +9 | SM +9

If it's Nobility Kulga's happy to chip in :p

Silver Crusade

The little creature runs off as Kulga stomps near, but doesn't go far. Garduk in an instant recognizes it as a compsognathus. A small dinosaur!

Dark Archive

Half-Orc Barbarian 2 Oracle 2 HP:35/35 | AC:8 T:8 FF:8 DR1/- | CMB:5 CMD:16 | Saves F:+5 R:-1 W:+4 | Init:-2 | Per:+1 | Rage:1/7 | Spells 1: 1/5

Brayne hurries to where the little dinosaur was to see if any humanoids are alive. "Maybe there are survivors!"

Silver Crusade

The grippli wearing the satchel seems to be taking labored breaths.

Dark Archive

Half-Orc Barbarian 2 Oracle 2 HP:35/35 | AC:8 T:8 FF:8 DR1/- | CMB:5 CMD:16 | Saves F:+5 R:-1 W:+4 | Init:-2 | Per:+1 | Rage:1/7 | Spells 1: 1/5

As soon as Brayne realised one of the Grippli is still alive, he immediately tends to the injured. He goes down on one knee and shakes the Grippli lightly, [b]"My goodness, are you alright?"[/c] His voice does not sound so much concerned but more curious.

Brayne will apply CLW from his wand if necessary.

Dark Archive

Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) | Arcanist (occultist) 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 (20/12/18 with Mage Armor & Shield)| CMB:+0 CMD:13 | F:+1 R:+3 W:+3 | Init:+4 | Per:+1 | SM: +0 | Arc Res 4/6 |
Spells Memorized:
Spells - lvl 1, 5/5: Color Spray (DC 15), Grease (DC 16), Stumble Gap (DC 16); lvl 0: detect magic, disrupt undead, message, prestidigitation, read magic

"Should we check in their bag first? Maybe there's something in it that will help?"

While Brayne talks to the injured grippli, Garduk opens her/his satchel to see what the compsognathus was trying to get. If he doesn’t see anything obvious, he will hold out the open satchel towards the little dinosaur, and ask, “Any ideas?”

Sovereign Court

Female Dwarf Slayer 5| HP 49/49 | AC 21(22)*23/24, T 12, FF 19 CMD 20 | F +7(10), R +7(10), W +4(7) | Init +2 | Perc +9 | SM +9

His breathing's bad. Are compsoana- compsugs- Are those things poisonous?

Silver Crusade

As Brayne casts draws his wand to cast cure light wounds on the grippli, Garduk examine the satchel. The satchel is lined with thick protective leather other than small holes, perhaps air holes; and two receptacles filled food and water. It may be the small dinosaur's home.

Garduk relays to Kulga that compsognatus are not poisonous.

Brayne uses the wand, the small, frog-like humanoid sits up, her bulging eyes darting nervously. “You’re not Hazh’a,” she says in a high, reedy voice, the relief clear. “They may still be in the city. They have to be stopped or my tribe’s work will be forever undone.”

Sovereign Court

Female Dwarf Slayer 5| HP 49/49 | AC 21(22)*23/24, T 12, FF 19 CMD 20 | F +7(10), R +7(10), W +4(7) | Init +2 | Perc +9 | SM +9

I only know these Hazh'a as headhunters, so I suppose the benefit of the doubt is with you. Come, you can explain your tribe's work on the way.

Silver Crusade

The grippli stands a little wobbly at first, but then steady. The compsognatus rushes up it's master body and perches on its shoulder. The grippli surveys the battlefield.

Letting out a sigh, Stop the Hazh’a yes that must be done. But Purpurrup, first must help my kin. The dead must be washed, buried and mourned. She moves toward the nearest of her departed kin and kneels down next to him.

Dark Archive

Half-Orc Barbarian 2 Oracle 2 HP:35/35 | AC:8 T:8 FF:8 DR1/- | CMB:5 CMD:16 | Saves F:+5 R:-1 W:+4 | Init:-2 | Per:+1 | Rage:1/7 | Spells 1: 1/5

Brayne looks precariously on at the now awaken grippli. He ponders at what the grippli said and wonders if the creature is being truthful or delusional. He whispers to Garduk, "What is that? Do you think we can trust it? She looks like a wild animal."

sense motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Not a moment past, Brayne decides that he should take her word as it is since she seems to be of no harm. He walks over right on top looking down on her perform her ritual. "Say we do trust you... What is your tribe's work? And why should the Hzah'a be stopped? What's in it for us?"

Silver Crusade

Purpurrup replies to Brayne's inquiry, I am an apprentice to the fiend keeper of my tribe. He is now dead. The grippli looks down at the dead grippli at her feet, then to the rest of the dead grippli. As are many of my people.

Fiend keepers, in my people's traditions are entrusted to siphon the hateful energy from fiends and put it toward productive uses, strengthening our souls while weakening the monster’s power. My tribe’s keeper was especially revered, as his fiend is physically here, trapped within a ruined temple of this city. The Hazh’a must be here to free this monster and undo our labors. These wicked halflings worship fiends as if they were proper gods. We have clashed with them a few times, but only ever in brief skirmishes. This time they brought an army, and were victorious.

Many of their warriors fight with bare hands, their fingers twisted into claws. Their leader was merely a child, but he wore the robes of a priest and carried a polearm longer than he was tall. There is an abandoned temple where the fiend here is trapped. The halflings must be going there to free it. I have only been there once myself—in its lower level there is a wall covered in wards and symbols behind which the fiend is held.

But I must help my people pass along, before the Hazh’a can be stopped.

Despite the impending danger, Purpurrup seems determined to complete the burials first.

Dark Archive

Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) | Arcanist (occultist) 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 (20/12/18 with Mage Armor & Shield)| CMB:+0 CMD:13 | F:+1 R:+3 W:+3 | Init:+4 | Per:+1 | SM: +0 | Arc Res 4/6 |
Spells Memorized:
Spells - lvl 1, 5/5: Color Spray (DC 15), Grease (DC 16), Stumble Gap (DC 16); lvl 0: detect magic, disrupt undead, message, prestidigitation, read magic

Sense motive: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Garduk is convinced that the grippli is sincere in her beliefs, but incredulous that she would worry more about the dead than the immediate threat to the living.

"Where exactly is this temple? What kind of fiend is kept there? How would the halflings free it from the magical wards? And how are you going to be table to take care of your tribe's dead if the fiend is freed in the next few minutes?"

Silver Crusade

The temple is not far Purpurrup gestures to the northeast. They will likely try to remove the wards, but what has been built upon for many years can not be undone in minutes, even hours. The grippli seems confident the wards will stand for now.

Dark Archive

Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) | Arcanist (occultist) 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 (20/12/18 with Mage Armor & Shield)| CMB:+0 CMD:13 | F:+1 R:+3 W:+3 | Init:+4 | Per:+1 | SM: +0 | Arc Res 4/6 |
Spells Memorized:
Spells - lvl 1, 5/5: Color Spray (DC 15), Grease (DC 16), Stumble Gap (DC 16); lvl 0: detect magic, disrupt undead, message, prestidigitation, read magic

Garduk turns to look in the direction Purpurrup indicates, looking for something that could be the temple.

Is it visible/identifiable? How far? Any sign of the halfling army?

Garduk pulls a scroll out of one of the boxes in his pack, and turns to the mourning grippli.

"My friends and I need to discuss what to do next, but I may be able to assist you with at least part of your task."

Unless Purpurrup objects, Garduk casts Expeditious Excavation on a nearby patch of clear ground off to the side of the plaza, neatly and instantaneously digging a 5-by-5-by-5-foot hole for the grippli corpses, once Purpurrup has prepared the bodies.

Garduk steps a few paces away from the grieving grippli and motions the others to join him, so the party can speak privately.

"I think we have three ways forward. We can help Purpurrup with the burial of her tribe so she will be done faster, and might perhaps act as a guide for us. We can go straight to the temple - it can't be that hard to find - in case she is wrong about how hard it will be for the halflings to free the fiend. And finally, we could try drinking water from this well out of the Sargava Chalice. Brayne did not detect any magic emanations from the well, but maybe there is no magic in the water except when it is in the Chalice?"

"The idea of not going immediately to the temple makes me nervous; destroying something is almost always far easier than building it. But perhaps the benefit of having a guide, or the information we glean from any mystic visions, would be worth the delay? What do you think we should do?"

Silver Crusade

Purpurrup's eyes bulge more than normal as the magical burial hole appears. Thank You! she replies and goes about her business, as you discuss what to do.

Discuss away!

The Exchange

female tengu warpriest of Lamashtu 2 / ranger 1 (guildbreaker) | HP 24/24, blessings 4/4, fervor 5/5 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | F +7, R +5, W +8 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | Spd 20' | Perc +7 | Init +6

Bokkah listens to Purpurrup's story, all the while thinking how delicious this compsognathus looks.

sense motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Assuming I don't find out anything important from that roll:

"If her people have been keeping this fiend for generations, I believe her when she says it will take the halflings a considerable amount of time to free it. Let's help her if she will agree to assist us in exchange."

She speaks up towards the grippli: "Purpurrup, will you show us the way to the temple and help us defeat your halfling enemies if we assist you in preparing your people for burial? Also, do you know anything about this well here?"

If Purpurrup answers in the affirmative, Bokkah will quickly set to collecting the grippli corpses and laying them out in respectful poses to be washed.

Also, for information about what the halflings are doing with their claws and such from her description:
knowledge (local): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Silver Crusade

Responding to Bokkah, Yes and Yes. Purpurrup will help you. Some say the well water has power if you have a special cup, Purpurrup's cups are not special as the well water is only cold and clean regular water for me. Purpurrup manages a bit of a smile, but is clearly still wracked with grief.

Sense Motive - you believe Purpurrup is being straight forward with you.

Sovereign Court

Female Dwarf Slayer 5| HP 49/49 | AC 21(22)*23/24, T 12, FF 19 CMD 20 | F +7(10), R +7(10), W +4(7) | Init +2 | Perc +9 | SM +9

Kulga squints doubtfully at Purpurrup, If the wards will hold... She sighs, The dead should be respected. Slinging axe and shield across her back, she begins doing her best to help the grieving grippli.

Dark Archive

Half-Orc Barbarian 2 Oracle 2 HP:35/35 | AC:8 T:8 FF:8 DR1/- | CMB:5 CMD:16 | Saves F:+5 R:-1 W:+4 | Init:-2 | Per:+1 | Rage:1/7 | Spells 1: 1/5

Brayne relays to Garduk earlier that he found no magical auras emanating from the well or the immediate area.

Brayne listens intently at the conversation but has his focus soon wandering, but soon, his eyes widen at the sound of 'special cup'. "Did you say special cup?" He asks, then turning to his companions, "Since it seems we have some time, we should attempt to drink this water then!"

Brayne is not keen on assisting on burial, but since he has his focus elsewhere, he will want to take the time to drink from special cup if the others are assisting with the burials.

Dark Archive

Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) | Arcanist (occultist) 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 (20/12/18 with Mage Armor & Shield)| CMB:+0 CMD:13 | F:+1 R:+3 W:+3 | Init:+4 | Per:+1 | SM: +0 | Arc Res 4/6 |
Spells Memorized:
Spells - lvl 1, 5/5: Color Spray (DC 15), Grease (DC 16), Stumble Gap (DC 16); lvl 0: detect magic, disrupt undead, message, prestidigitation, read magic

Garduk hesitates, torn between the appeal of learning the funeral rites of this tribe of a race he has never encountered before, and the almost overwhelming need to experience the visions of the ancient civilization of the cyclopes.

He starts to follow Brayne to the well, and almost stumbles over one of the grippli corpses.

Odds or Evens:
Should I Stay or Should I Go?: 1d4 ⇒ 2

I don't have to be first. I can learn something from these tiny creatures now, and then see what there is to see from the ancient giants.

"You go ahead, Brayne. If it works, we'll all try it before we go to the temple."

The half-orc stoops down, picks up the tiny body, and carries it nearer to the burial pit where Purpurrup is cleaning the corpses. He sits on the ground next to her.

"Do your people live nearby?"

Silver Crusade

Bokkah, Garduk, and Kulga assist the grippli in her grim duty, Garduk makes some small talk.

This city had only a small amount of us—fewer than fifty. I fear most of them are dead. There are many clans of us scattered throughout this land. More of my people will come here to secure the fiend. Purpurrup replies.

Meanwhile, Brayne dips the Sargava Chalice in the clean and clear water, seemingly untouched by age or violence, and takes a big drink.

Brayne:

As the water flows down your throat, your vision wavers. Superimposed over the destroyed city of Kaddodi, as if in a dream, is a vision of the city as it appeared in its prime. The city as it actually is still appears solid, but translucent images of Kaddodi as it was sit hazily alongside it. Plants are cleared away, ruined buildings appear whole, and here and there you catch glimpses of cyclopes passing by. The denizens of the city ignore you, as if you were peering in on them without their knowledge. One of the cyclopes, however, meets your gaze, his expression mournful and face slack. “Well met, stranger,” he says in Common.

map

Dark Archive

Half-Orc Barbarian 2 Oracle 2 HP:35/35 | AC:8 T:8 FF:8 DR1/- | CMB:5 CMD:16 | Saves F:+5 R:-1 W:+4 | Init:-2 | Per:+1 | Rage:1/7 | Spells 1: 1/5

Brayne stares straight ahead, into nothing in particular. His body still with very minute movements.

GM:

I'm not so sure how he is physically, but I've just a assumed that he is spacing out.

Brayne gasp in awe at the marvelous sight. He never possibly dreamt that this could happen. He becomes confused as the Cyclops greets him and moment to adjust to the situation. "Mm.. Yes.. Hello there...stranger. if If you could be so kind to assist me.. Who might you be? Aghast am I looking at?"

Silver Crusade

Brayne become aware that face and eyes feel funny. And the rest of the group are interrupted in there work to hear Brayne saying something funny.

"Mm.. Yes.. Hello there...stranger. if If you could be so kind to assist me.. Who might you be? What am I looking at?"

You all turn and notice one of Brayne's eyes has swollen to twice its normal size, while his other eye has gone cloudy and blank, as if suffering from a cataract. He is speaking to no one you can see.

Brayne:

You now have the Sight of the Cyclops. You take a –2 penalty on ranged attack rolls, but gains a +2 insight bonus on initiative checks.

The Cyclops speaks to you. My name is Akmon. I am a sage and scholar, and the last of my people to follow the old ways of the sun and moon, though I know that this will not prevent their fall. Even now I see around you what the future has wrought. But perhaps, with your help, my struggles will not be in vain.

Dark Archive

Half-Orc Barbarian 2 Oracle 2 HP:35/35 | AC:8 T:8 FF:8 DR1/- | CMB:5 CMD:16 | Saves F:+5 R:-1 W:+4 | Init:-2 | Per:+1 | Rage:1/7 | Spells 1: 1/5

Whoops, that auto-correct. Supposed to be 'what' instead of 'aghast'.

Silver Crusade

Changed it on my post...lol; I thought that sounded funny.

Brayne:

The Cyclops continues, You see the past, I see the future. I tend to this well as a reflection of the moon even as my fellows descended into madness. It is my visions that you see, a record of barbarity and chaos kept by the only one of us who still knew enough to mourn.

Dark Archive

Half-Orc Barbarian 2 Oracle 2 HP:35/35 | AC:8 T:8 FF:8 DR1/- | CMB:5 CMD:16 | Saves F:+5 R:-1 W:+4 | Init:-2 | Per:+1 | Rage:1/7 | Spells 1: 1/5

Brayne continues his absent stares into presumably nothing. He looks around, into the pathfinders general direction, but looks around, as if he was searching.

GM:
Brayne looks around the immediate area, attempting to see if he could see the rest of the Pathfinders. After a quick glance, (presumably he does not find them in the vision) he turns back to Akmon.

Brayne continues speaking, "Well met, Akmon. I see. Well.. what is it that caused the fall.. descent into madness? And what is it that you think I can help with?" There's a hint of confusion but also curiosity in his voice.

201 to 250 of 462 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chaosorbit's PFS PbP GameDay VI - TBD All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.