Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

Chaosorbit's PFS 6-10: The Wounded Wisp

Game Master Chaosorbit

Maps and Handouts

Initiative:

Initiative
[dice=Barboo] 1d20 + 3[/dice]
[dice=Crugeon] 1d20 + 3[/dice]
[dice=Denizabyss] 1d20 + 14[/dice]
[dice=Lem] 1d20 + 8[/dice]


101 to 150 of 152 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Barbarian (Unchained, Invulnerable Rager) 1 / hp 15 / AC 17, touch 14, flat-footed 14 / CMD 16 / Init +3 / 
Fort +5, Ref +4, Will -1; +2 vs. fear
 / Perception -2 / Speed 30 -- While raging: AC 15/12/12; hp 17; CMD 14; Will +1

Crugeon pokes at the newspapers with his scimitar to see if anything is living in them. Based on their age, some of them they probably fall apart in some cases.

Am I reading that correctly that there are a couple dozen of the monthly papers, meaning 2 year's worth?

Liberty's Edge

male Halfling Rogue (unchained) - 2 / HP 15 / AC 19 T 15 FF 15 / Fort +2, Reflex +8, Will +1 / CMD 14 / Perception +6 / Speed 20 / Init +8

Lem looks at the front door for any sign of a bell to ring or a little hatch to peak in, etc. Out of habit he'll also check for traps and maybe give the front door a little jiggle to see if it's locked.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
disable device: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Silver Crusade

Yep two years worth

Crugeon gives the papers a poke, some of the older ones do come apart from age and weather wear; but nothing is alive within them.

Lem notices you could probably look through the paper slot in the door, but wouldn't be able to see a whole lot. Finding no traps on the door, Lem finds it locked, but the lock is not very challenging and he can't help himself and soons springs it.

About that time Flicker returns, and through its empathic link, Denizabyss gets an exciting feeling, he takes to mean Flicker has seen something in one of the windows.

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Barbarian (Unchained, Invulnerable Rager) 1 / hp 15 / AC 17, touch 14, flat-footed 14 / CMD 16 / Init +3 / 
Fort +5, Ref +4, Will -1; +2 vs. fear
 / Perception -2 / Speed 30 -- While raging: AC 15/12/12; hp 17; CMD 14; Will +1

Crugeon's halfling instincts are buried deeper, but seeing an unused door become suddenly unlocked is too much for him. He slips quietly into the doorway, scimitar in hand.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Perception: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3

Making it quietly into the room, he promptly notices his feet...

Dark Archive

M Elf Elf Wizard 1 (Diviner) HP 8 / AC13-T13-F10 / CMD 11/8Fl / Init+14 / Saves (Fort+1 / Ref+3 / Will+4) / Perception+7 / Speed 30ft / Special Forewarned (Act in surprise round) Familiar HP 4 / AC16-T15-F13 / CMD 9/6Fl / Saves (Fort+2/ Ref+7 / Will+4) /

Flicker lands on Denizabyss' shoulder and gives him the feeling that something is going on inside.

Flicker let me know that something is happening inside. And since our resourceful friend Lem has seen fit to graciously let us in, we should see if everything is ok with Fimbrik

He knocks on the door and goes in while calling for Fimbrik.

Hello! Fimbrik are you around and is everything ok? We are friends from the Pathfinder Society and are hoping you might be able to give us some information.

He warily goes inside while checking to see if everything is ok.

Denizabyss Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Flicker Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Flicker motions to where he noticed something interesting. Flicker noticed something this way. Let's go but be careful

He heads cautiously to where Flicker noticed something interesting. He also casts Detect Magic to see if anything interesting shows up.

Silver Crusade

Crugeon and Denizabyss slip into the room and see a large sofa sits awkwardly near the entrance, facing toward the center of the room. Sets of chairs and tables are arranged throughout, and statues of grandiose gnomes occupy the corners of the room. A set of stairs at the northern edge of the chamber leads to a basement and a second set of stairs leads up to a second floor. Before you can do much more than get a quick look around 3 large fire beetles suddenly appear as if out of thin air, they look hungry.

Initiative
Barboo: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Crugeon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Denizabyss: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27
Lem: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Beetles: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Round 1
Map

Denizabyss
Barboo
Lem
Crugeon

Beetles

Pathfinder you are up, what would you like to do?

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Barbarian (Unchained, Invulnerable Rager) 1 / hp 15 / AC 17, touch 14, flat-footed 14 / CMD 16 / Init +3 / 
Fort +5, Ref +4, Will -1; +2 vs. fear
 / Perception -2 / Speed 30 -- While raging: AC 15/12/12; hp 17; CMD 14; Will +1

Thinking the beetles are looking hungrily at Denizabyss and remembering the bite he took from the last insects that they encountered, Crugeon leaps between the beetle and Denizabyss. Hearing the song of inspiration from Barboo, Crugeon angrily shouts as he cuts down the first enemy that he encounters. Over its slaine body, he glares at the other beetle, challenging it to attack him.
No touch Crug-on's friends, yucky bugs!
Crugeon gives no thought to why beetles might appear out of thin air...
I'm assuming Barboo will do inspire courage and her banner, so i'll add the +2 to my hit/damage in my rolls since Crugeon falls after her in the initiative order

<Raging>
Scimitar: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Damage: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Bard (Prankster) 1 / HP 10 / AC16-T12-F15 / CMD 9 / Init +3 / Saves (Fort +1 / Ref +3 / Will +1) / Perception +5 / Speed 20 ft

Barboo moves into the house and looks around. She is amazed at how nice the place looks.
Reminds me of home.

But then she notices the beetles. She sings a song to inspire courage and unfurls the banner. With her other hand she pulls out her dagger, just in case she needs to use it.

Go get 'em Lem and Crugeon. I know you can do it!

Bardic Performance(Inspire Courage): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Dark Archive

M Elf Elf Wizard 1 (Diviner) HP 8 / AC13-T13-F10 / CMD 11/8Fl / Init+14 / Saves (Fort+1 / Ref+3 / Will+4) / Perception+7 / Speed 30ft / Special Forewarned (Act in surprise round) Familiar HP 4 / AC16-T15-F13 / CMD 9/6Fl / Saves (Fort+2/ Ref+7 / Will+4) /

Denizabyss attempts to determine if these fire beetles are illusions or real since they appeared out of thin air! He has Flicker check the Scent of them as well to see if real or illusion.

Not sure if perception or will save so doing both

Denizabyss Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Flicker Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Denizabyss Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
FlickerWill: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

He also tries to recall anything he can about the beetles.
Denizabyss Knowledge(Nature): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

If they are illusions:

Spoiler:

He yells out to his friends. They're just illusions!

Hopefully, I can help my friends disbelieve the illusion

If they don't just disappear, the crossbow shot is under "not illusions"

If they are not illusions:

Spoiler:

He calls out what he can recall about the fire beetles to his friends.

Denizabyss takes a shot at the blue tinted beetle.
Denizabyss Crossbow to Hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 Crossbow Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

The blue tinted beetle crumples under the hit from the crossbow!

Well at least this time the one I shoot isn't going to come and bite me in retaliation

That's one down! 2 to go. Go get em Crugeon!

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Barbarian (Unchained, Invulnerable Rager) 1 / hp 15 / AC 17, touch 14, flat-footed 14 / CMD 16 / Init +3 / 
Fort +5, Ref +4, Will -1; +2 vs. fear
 / Perception -2 / Speed 30 -- While raging: AC 15/12/12; hp 17; CMD 14; Will +1

LOL, I just noticed the title of the map: "Home of Fimbrik the Illusionist". Oh well, Crugeon definitely believes that they are real!

Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Bard (Prankster) 1 / HP 10 / AC16-T12-F15 / CMD 9 / Init +3 / Saves (Fort +1 / Ref +3 / Will +1) / Perception +5 / Speed 20 ft

That sneaky Fimbrik! I'll show you.

Barboo does a Perform and Bardic Distraction to try and get Fimbrik to appear.

Perform: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Bardic Performance(Distraction): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

I sure hope this draws Fimbrik out if he is still alive in here. I think those papers and those bugs were so real looking!

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Barbarian (Unchained, Invulnerable Rager) 1 / hp 15 / AC 17, touch 14, flat-footed 14 / CMD 16 / Init +3 / 
Fort +5, Ref +4, Will -1; +2 vs. fear
 / Perception -2 / Speed 30 -- While raging: AC 15/12/12; hp 17; CMD 14; Will +1

@Chaosorbit - reduce my hit/damage by 1 since I'm only getting the bonus for Barboo's banner. The (Distraction) performance seems like the better option, I would assume. That Distraction roll of 24 is going to beat my Will save any day!!

Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Bard (Prankster) 1 / HP 10 / AC16-T12-F15 / CMD 9 / Init +3 / Saves (Fort +1 / Ref +3 / Will +1) / Perception +5 / Speed 20 ft

@Chaosorbit - Make my Distraction Performance in the first round and Inspire Courage in the second round. Thanks!

Silver Crusade

Denizabyss and Flicker realizes despite Fimbrik's nickname, these are very real. He recalls fire beetles are like normal beetles they bite, also interestingly they have luminescence. A fire beetle’s glowing glands provide light and a dead fire beetle’s luminescent glands continue to glow for days after its death.

Any one trained in spellcraft may roll and reveal the spoiler below.

Spellcraft DC16:

You realize these beetles were summoned, as with a summon monster spell. They bare the tell tale signs of being fiendish, common among summoned creatures.

Realizing they are real, Denizabyss takes a shot with his crossbow at one of the beetles dropping it instantly. Barboo uses her magical distraction to draw Fimbrik out into the open, but he does not appear, further the beetles are still their, leading her to also believe they are real. It matters not to Crugeon whether they are real or not, he rushes in and proceeds to shower the room in gooey luminescence, splattering a beetle.

Hey Craig you rolled a d20 for damage; no worries as your minimum damage is enough finish these beetles.

Round 1
Map

Denizabyss
Barboo
Lem
Crugeon
Beetles

Lem is up.

Liberty's Edge

male Halfling Rogue (unchained) - 2 / HP 15 / AC 19 T 15 FF 15 / Fort +2, Reflex +8, Will +1 / CMD 14 / Perception +6 / Speed 20 / Init +8

I move forward to the limit of my short legs and hopefully do a sweeping attack with my rapier.

attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 281d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Liberty's Edge

male Halfling Rogue (unchained) - 2 / HP 15 / AC 19 T 15 FF 15 / Fort +2, Reflex +8, Will +1 / CMD 14 / Perception +6 / Speed 20 / Init +8

that was supposed to show the second d20 roll to try and confirm a critical. Didn't come thru correctly. But don't think it confirmed anyway.

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Barbarian (Unchained, Invulnerable Rager) 1 / hp 15 / AC 17, touch 14, flat-footed 14 / CMD 16 / Init +3 / 
Fort +5, Ref +4, Will -1; +2 vs. fear
 / Perception -2 / Speed 30 -- While raging: AC 15/12/12; hp 17; CMD 14; Will +1

Lol-d20 damage. Oh well, a halfling barbarian can dream...

Also, don't forget your extra +1 to hit/damage from Barboo, Matt.

Silver Crusade

@Lem -- looks like it confirmed to me, a 17!

Extra crit damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Lem's rapier scores a critical hit on the beetle driving it right between its beady antennae. combat over

With the threat dealt with so promptly and easily you are free to look around the house.

Dark Archive

M Elf Elf Wizard 1 (Diviner) HP 8 / AC13-T13-F10 / CMD 11/8Fl / Init+14 / Saves (Fort+1 / Ref+3 / Will+4) / Perception+7 / Speed 30ft / Special Forewarned (Act in surprise round) Familiar HP 4 / AC16-T15-F13 / CMD 9/6Fl / Saves (Fort+2/ Ref+7 / Will+4) /

Nice job everyone!
He then yells to Fimbrik Fimbrik, we are friends and just want to ask you a couple of questions about Eylysia!

Denizabyss reloads his light crossbow and then starts searching around the house. He has Flicker do the same. He also casts Detect Magic to see if anything shows up.

Denizabyss Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Flicker Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

I wonder if we just activated a stored spell or trap or if the beetles were summoned by Fimbrik.

Once again, he tries to get Fimbrik (or whoever may have summoned the beetles to come out.

Hello, we are friends and was worried something was wrong due to the stacked papers and mean you no harm.

Silver Crusade

Denizabyss calls receive no answers and he notices in the living room that despite the lack of dust on many surfaces, it seems no one has been here for a long time. The carpet and sofa show virtually no wear, and tables are clean, with only a few books on the Art of Absalom that seem to have been purposely placed and likely rarely if ever moved.

The Detect Magic is revealing however what looked to be decorative flooring is in fact a summoning circle, giving off a albeit weak conjuration aura.

Dark Archive

M Elf Elf Wizard 1 (Diviner) HP 8 / AC13-T13-F10 / CMD 11/8Fl / Init+14 / Saves (Fort+1 / Ref+3 / Will+4) / Perception+7 / Speed 30ft / Special Forewarned (Act in surprise round) Familiar HP 4 / AC16-T15-F13 / CMD 9/6Fl / Saves (Fort+2/ Ref+7 / Will+4) /

Hmmm. Something interesting here.

Denizabyss attempts to determine any additional helpful information about the summoning circle. Possibly even how to shut it down so that we don't get any more uninvited guests.

DenizabyssSpellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
DenizabyssKnowledge(Arcana): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Well it seems that no one has been here for quite a long time. Shall we check his desks and tables for any mention of Eylysia or possibly even the Test of the Starstone

Once we've searched the area for anything useful and nothing else is found. Denizabyss is ready to move along to the mausoleum to check out the next lead.

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Barbarian (Unchained, Invulnerable Rager) 1 / hp 15 / AC 17, touch 14, flat-footed 14 / CMD 16 / Init +3 / 
Fort +5, Ref +4, Will -1; +2 vs. fear
 / Perception -2 / Speed 30 -- While raging: AC 15/12/12; hp 17; CMD 14; Will +1

Flicker find Fimbrick? Crugeon says and then smiles at the alliteration that his words made. Funny!

Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Bard (Prankster) 1 / HP 10 / AC16-T12-F15 / CMD 9 / Init +3 / Saves (Fort +1 / Ref +3 / Will +1) / Perception +5 / Speed 20 ft

Well, glad those beetles are gone. But it looks too clean in here. There has to be more here than meets our eyes

Barboo looks around and sees the aura. She attempts to determine if there is anything more to the floor area.

Barboo tries to use her persuasive voice.

Fimbrik, I know you are here and just hiding behind your illusion. I, too, am a gnome. You know you can trust me.

Knowledge(Arcana): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

I feel there is more to find here but not sure what I can do to get that information.

Liberty's Edge

male Halfling Rogue (unchained) - 2 / HP 15 / AC 19 T 15 FF 15 / Fort +2, Reflex +8, Will +1 / CMD 14 / Perception +6 / Speed 20 / Init +8

Lem will check out the purposely placed books on the art of absalom really quickly then we can check the basement and upstairs for other clues.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Silver Crusade

You are certainly welcome to check upstairs and down; there are still 3 rooms on this floor that lay behind closed doors. Two to the right of the entrance and one double door to the left.

I may have confused you by revealing the whole map; but those rooms can be explored.

For expectancy

As Crugeon amuses himself. Lem quickly surveys the basement and the upstairs. The basement seems unused other than that it is filled with nicely stacked newspapers. He also finds nothing of interest on the unfinished second floor.

Denizabyss and Barboo's spellcraft and knowledge of arcane magic leads you to believe that the summoning circle was set up long ago; most of it's magic is now discharge with only a residual amount remaining. Denizabyss feels confident it will not active again.

You search the double doors to the left, and find a bedroom. A bed, desk, several chairs, and a wardrobe occupy this room. The bed is well-made, and none of the furnishing look worn in this room either. The wardrobe continues a few gnome sized outfits, but not as many as it could hold. The desk is empty and there is a chest that is also empty.

The first door to the right is a study that contains a round table surrounded by chairs, the walls are replete with tome-laden bookshelves. A colorful gnome sits perusing a book in one of the chairs. You are shocked for a moment but quickly realize it's just an illusion, designed to be seen if someone would look in the window. A quick search doesn't find anything significant.

One door remains to the right...

Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Bard (Prankster) 1 / HP 10 / AC16-T12-F15 / CMD 9 / Init +3 / Saves (Fort +1 / Ref +3 / Will +1) / Perception +5 / Speed 20 ft

Barboo is relieved to know the gnome is not Fimbrik but just an illusion.

Seeing the third door, Barboo cautiously opens the door and steps inside.
She does a quick check to see what is in the room.
If there is something dangerous, she backs up and calls for Crugeon.

Ok everyone. I am going into the third room. I will let you know if there is something that is dangerous. In that case, I will call on all of you to come to my rescue!

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Knowledge(local): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Barbarian (Unchained, Invulnerable Rager) 1 / hp 15 / AC 17, touch 14, flat-footed 14 / CMD 16 / Init +3 / 
Fort +5, Ref +4, Will -1; +2 vs. fear
 / Perception -2 / Speed 30 -- While raging: AC 15/12/12; hp 17; CMD 14; Will +1

Hearing Barboo say "dangerous", Crugeon looks up sharply to the door where she is listening.
Danger?, he chirps and then rushes over to the door and pushes past Barboo to shield her from any threat.
No hurt shiny lady, danger!

Liberty's Edge

male Halfling Rogue (unchained) - 2 / HP 15 / AC 19 T 15 FF 15 / Fort +2, Reflex +8, Will +1 / CMD 14 / Perception +6 / Speed 20 / Init +8

Wait a minute, let me check for traps! This house is as strange as any fair funhouse I've ever been in, and I've been in a bunch!

disable device: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Silver Crusade

As Barboo prepares to enter, Lem jumps in front and makes sure there are no traps, finding none. Barboo enters, as Crugeon barges passed her to the front. This chamber contains enough chairs, pillows, and desks to accommodate at least six visitors. As you enter a figment of Fimbrik enters the chamber, walks right by you and sits in a chair to read a newspaper. The illusion smiles and gives a tip of his hat before continuing to read.

An examination of the table in the southwest corner reveals a neatly penned letter.

Underneath the letter is a hastily scrawled note in similar handwriting, which contains the name Hollis “Evil Grin” Thorne.

Dark Archive

M Elf Elf Wizard 1 (Diviner) HP 8 / AC13-T13-F10 / CMD 11/8Fl / Init+14 / Saves (Fort+1 / Ref+3 / Will+4) / Perception+7 / Speed 30ft / Special Forewarned (Act in surprise round) Familiar HP 4 / AC16-T15-F13 / CMD 9/6Fl / Saves (Fort+2/ Ref+7 / Will+4) /

Denizabyss smiles at the illusion.

Heh. Fimbrik did have a pretty good ruse going here

He turns to his fellow adventurers.

Well it seems that we missed Fimbrik but this password could be useful. I wonder if we may need it at the mausoleum to find whatever the guy was buried with.
Shall we head on over to the mausoleum now as it seems we've found all we are going to find here?

He turns and heads towards the front door. As he grabs the handle, he turns back to his associates and waits for them before opening the door and heading out to the mausoleum.

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Barbarian (Unchained, Invulnerable Rager) 1 / hp 15 / AC 17, touch 14, flat-footed 14 / CMD 16 / Init +3 / 
Fort +5, Ref +4, Will -1; +2 vs. fear
 / Perception -2 / Speed 30 -- While raging: AC 15/12/12; hp 17; CMD 14; Will +1

Crugeon looks back and forth between the Fimbrik's illusion and Denizabyss walking away. He has a look of severe confusion on his face.
Why not talk to gnome? He thinks as he sits and smiles kindly back at Fimbrik who is not actually there. After smiling and blinking a few times as the illusion continues to smile back with an occasional wave, he grabs up his battered sword and hops up to follow Denizabyss.
Where going now? Crug-on got cutter. Do good hurting? He says as he walks by the corpses of the fire beetles.

It seems like we've got some good clues and i'm guessing the Mausoleum will provide another one that may tie things all together.

Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Bard (Prankster) 1 / HP 10 / AC16-T12-F15 / CMD 9 / Init +3 / Saves (Fort +1 / Ref +3 / Will +1) / Perception +5 / Speed 20 ft

Barboo was delighted to see that the room had no danger.
Crugeon and Lem, thanks for jumping infront of me just in case there was something unpleasant in the room. I remember seeing the name Hollis "Evil Grin" Thorne at the wall. Look forward to going back there.
Listening to the rest, she hums a little tune and follows the others as they head out to the Mausoleum.
Now Denizabyss, don't forget we have short legs and cannot walk as fast as you can.
She gives a little giggle to let Denizabyss that she is just kidding.

Liberty's Edge

male Halfling Rogue (unchained) - 2 / HP 15 / AC 19 T 15 FF 15 / Fort +2, Reflex +8, Will +1 / CMD 14 / Perception +6 / Speed 20 / Init +8

Yes, if we've already checked out Hollis at the wall along with the other names it seems we can go on to the mausoleum and check out Arkath's tomb. Off to the ivy district!

Silver Crusade

Off you head to the mausoleum. The gates into the necropolis are open, but the doors of the mausoleums beyond look to be sealed with sturdy stone slabs. A solitary priest patrols the grounds and is currently in the far corner.

Map

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Barbarian (Unchained, Invulnerable Rager) 1 / hp 15 / AC 17, touch 14, flat-footed 14 / CMD 16 / Init +3 / 
Fort +5, Ref +4, Will -1; +2 vs. fear
 / Perception -2 / Speed 30 -- While raging: AC 15/12/12; hp 17; CMD 14; Will +1

This looks like a job for Sneaky Halflings!! Matt, Crugeon has a stealth of +6 if you want him to accompany Lem. Otherwise, go sneak around and look for Arkath's tomb. Perhaps Flicker can monitor the solitary priest and warn Lem/Crugeon if he approaches them? Matt, you decide if you want Crugeon to accompany and then you can control the movement/exploration of both. Crugeon's just along for the ride and for protection if needed.

Dark Archive

M Elf Elf Wizard 1 (Diviner) HP 8 / AC13-T13-F10 / CMD 11/8Fl / Init+14 / Saves (Fort+1 / Ref+3 / Will+4) / Perception+7 / Speed 30ft / Special Forewarned (Act in surprise round) Familiar HP 4 / AC16-T15-F13 / CMD 9/6Fl / Saves (Fort+2/ Ref+7 / Will+4) /

Should we try and avoid the priest or should we ask for help and permission? Would being with the PFS help us in getting the priest to help? Should we use diplomacy rather than risk getting the city guard coming after us? Maybe Barboo and I can either ask for help or at least distract if that is what we decide to do.

Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Bard (Prankster) 1 / HP 10 / AC16-T12-F15 / CMD 9 / Init +3 / Saves (Fort +1 / Ref +3 / Will +1) / Perception +5 / Speed 20 ft

I have a Diplomacy of +9*. Might be able to persuade the priest to give us some information.
Also, should we do knowledge to find out about what's around us? You know more about playing this game than I do, so let me know what you think would be best.

Liberty's Edge

male Halfling Rogue (unchained) - 2 / HP 15 / AC 19 T 15 FF 15 / Fort +2, Reflex +8, Will +1 / CMD 14 / Perception +6 / Speed 20 / Init +8

Ok, how about a bit of both? Barboo and Denizabyss could wander in and somewhat obviously start looking at the central statue, maybe wandering off to the west if they don't attract the guards attention. Meanwhile Crugeon and I could stealth our way east and sort of circumnavigate around. Not necessarily sneaking so much as exploring in the opposite direction from you guys. Thoughts?

If the guard approaches you guys you can chat, ask questions, dipomazize, etc. Good way to gather info. If he or she is open to visitors and historical exploration than you can always signal to us to join up. I think you could do an owl call as a signal, or another bird call of your choice.

As for me, my halfling feet are itching to look at new buildings and peak in dark corners. Who knows what you'll find!!

stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33

Crugeon stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Liberty's Edge

male Halfling Rogue (unchained) - 2 / HP 15 / AC 19 T 15 FF 15 / Fort +2, Reflex +8, Will +1 / CMD 14 / Perception +6 / Speed 20 / Init +8

What was I thinking? Me and my stealthy friend who's obviously carrying a bag full of angry cats in heat over his shoulder, will attempt to identify Arkath's tomb.

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Barbarian (Unchained, Invulnerable Rager) 1 / hp 15 / AC 17, touch 14, flat-footed 14 / CMD 16 / Init +3 / 
Fort +5, Ref +4, Will -1; +2 vs. fear
 / Perception -2 / Speed 30 -- While raging: AC 15/12/12; hp 17; CMD 14; Will +1

Crug-on stealth good! He shouts as the two halflings sneak into the cemetery.

Dark Archive

M Elf Elf Wizard 1 (Diviner) HP 8 / AC13-T13-F10 / CMD 11/8Fl / Init+14 / Saves (Fort+1 / Ref+3 / Will+4) / Perception+7 / Speed 30ft / Special Forewarned (Act in surprise round) Familiar HP 4 / AC16-T15-F13 / CMD 9/6Fl / Saves (Fort+2/ Ref+7 / Will+4) /

Denizabyss surveys the area for anything interesting.

Denizabyss Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Flicker Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Why don't we ask the priest about Arkath's mausoleum and access so that we don't inadvertently get the city guards called on us for grave robbing or the such!

He walks towards the priest.

Hello, my friend. We are from the local Pathfinder Society and are looking into some information from a member. We were directed to come here and investigate Arkath's mausoleum for an important clue and was hoping you might be able to assist.

When the guy comes over, I'll definitely be letting Barboo do the talking

Barboo, you want to do the talking with the priest when he comes over since you have the cheeriest personality of all of us?

He gives Barboo a wink and a smile to let her know he appreciates all of her help.

Hopefully, we might have some luck here and can get some questions answered

Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Bard (Prankster) 1 / HP 10 / AC16-T12-F15 / CMD 9 / Init +3 / Saves (Fort +1 / Ref +3 / Will +1) / Perception +5 / Speed 20 ft

I think that's a good idea, Denizabyss. Let's see if we can get some information from him.

If he tries anything funny, we can call on Lem and Crugeon to come help us!

When the priest walks up, Barboo speaks.

My name is Barboo and we are just wanting some information about Arkath's mausoleum. Does wiffle mean anything to you? We mean you no harm.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Knowledge(local): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Barboo smiles at the priest and hums a little tune to make him feel comfortable.

Silver Crusade

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Lem and Crugeon sneak into the necropolis, Lem moves quietly undetected. But Crugeon announces his presence. The priest turns around and spies the barbarian, but Lem ducks behind the building just before hand, while getting a look at the name on the first masusoleum he is close too, 'Hedges'.

You see now that the priest is actually a priestess, and one of Sarenrae at that. She moves forward and is just about to call out to Crugeon, when Denizabyss and Barboo also announce there arrival.

Oh, access to a mausoleum, well, the Pathfinder Society you say. I'm afraid...What is your man doing over there?! Glancing at Crugeon. People are welcome to pay their respects here, but I'm afraid going into the mausoleums is prohibited. You'll have to leave now. The Sarenrite seems pretty unhelpful for an adherent of the Dawnflower.

Lem has not been seen yet.
Know Local - Barboo doesn't know much about this necropolis.

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Barbarian (Unchained, Invulnerable Rager) 1 / hp 15 / AC 17, touch 14, flat-footed 14 / CMD 16 / Init +3 / 
Fort +5, Ref +4, Will -1; +2 vs. fear
 / Perception -2 / Speed 30 -- While raging: AC 15/12/12; hp 17; CMD 14; Will +1

Crugeon smiles broadly and waves to the Sarenrite while hopping up and down on his toes. She, Denizabyss, and Barboo can barely make out his piping voice calling out: Crug-on stealth good! as he continues to smile and wave.

Diplomacy to aid Barboo: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Well...at least he looks cute and harmless...

Liberty's Edge

male Halfling Rogue (unchained) - 2 / HP 15 / AC 19 T 15 FF 15 / Fort +2, Reflex +8, Will +1 / CMD 14 / Perception +6 / Speed 20 / Init +8

Daytime or night? Either way I might try and stay hidden as you guys are providing a fine distraction. I'll scoot around the grounds trying to get the names on the doors where possible so we know where to focus. I can hopefully scale the walls and get out quick or make it thru the main gait if I have to. I grab some rocks from the ground to throw in opposite direction to try and distract the priestess if needed because she is approaching my location. I'll make my way clockwise around the map trying to see names on doors if she is looking the other way.

If it looks like it's too hot I'll abandon ship and either scoot over a wall or introduce myself as a curious halfling that has wandered away from his friends to look at all the pretty statues.

knowledge local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Can do acrobatics +11 or perception +6 or climb +6 as you need.

Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Bard (Prankster) 1 / HP 10 / AC16-T12-F15 / CMD 9 / Init +3 / Saves (Fort +1 / Ref +3 / Will +1) / Perception +5 / Speed 20 ft

Barboo notices that the priest is really a priestess. She notices Crugeon.

Why Crugeon, you scoundrel, what are you doing over there? Come on over and meet this nice priestess.

She also notices that Lem is still hidden from sight. Knowing that the priestess was not going to let us into the mausoleum, Barboo decides to Perform a song for distraction to allow Lem time to scout out the place and maybe find a clue somewhere.

Perform(sing): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Bardic Performance: Distraction

Not sure if this is going to help, but will give it a try.

Why priestess, I want to sing you a song that I hope will bring back some great memories of the Pathfinder Society.

Dark Archive

M Elf Elf Wizard 1 (Diviner) HP 8 / AC13-T13-F10 / CMD 11/8Fl / Init+14 / Saves (Fort+1 / Ref+3 / Will+4) / Perception+7 / Speed 30ft / Special Forewarned (Act in surprise round) Familiar HP 4 / AC16-T15-F13 / CMD 9/6Fl / Saves (Fort+2/ Ref+7 / Will+4) /

Denizabyss talks with the priestess.

Oh that little halfling over there is just Crugeon. He is easily distracted and was chasing after a cricket or centipede I believe. He's harmless unless he's protecting someone.
Hey Crugeon. Come on over here and meet this nice priestess while Barboo sings us a song in remembrance of those from long past.

He waves Crugeon over.

Hopefully Lem will be able to find some useful information and possibly even a way for us to get into the mausoleum without having to harm the priestess

He hums along with Barboo's song playing to help keep the priestess distracted while Lem does his scouting. He also casts Ghost Sound (DC 14) to help enhance Barboo's song without getting too loud but helping Lem not be heard.

Silver Crusade

@Lem - It's day, but overcast, so there are enough shadows and hiding spots for Lem to Stealth.

@Barboo - so Distraction counteracts magic effects; you may want to go with Fascinate - the priestess would get a savings throw, but if she fails she sits quietly and observes the performance for as long as you continue to maintain it. While fascinated, a target gets a penalty to such things as Perception checks to notice Lem's sneaky business.

Would you like to try that instead?

Crugeon's antics seem to upset the unpleasant cleric as she scowls at the bouncing halfling. But it provides a good distraction, as Lem moves from shadow to shadow getting a look at the various mausoleums.

Denizabyss and Barboo wave Crugeon over, as Barboo starts up a song. The priestess initial reaction is dropping her mouth agape, as if to say what is this gnome doing? But the tune is catchy, it's hard not to enjoy it...

About this time Lem finds it, The Tomb of Arkath!

Map

@Barboo - let me know if you want to use Fascinate.

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Barbarian (Unchained, Invulnerable Rager) 1 / hp 15 / AC 17, touch 14, flat-footed 14 / CMD 16 / Init +3 / 
Fort +5, Ref +4, Will -1; +2 vs. fear
 / Perception -2 / Speed 30 -- While raging: AC 15/12/12; hp 17; CMD 14; Will +1

Crugeon runs over to stand with Barboo and Denizabyss. Happy that he was so "helpful". He bounces along with the song and smiles and continues to bashfully wave at the Sarenrite.
Shiny lady sing good! As Barboo's magic begins to enter her song, it inadvertently fascinates the simple halfling and he slowly stops bouncing and flops to the ground, enthralled with the performance.

Fascinate sounds like a good idea. Once distracted, Lem can slip in to the tomb and gather the info and then we can all thank the priestess and leave!

Dark Archive

M Elf Elf Wizard 1 (Diviner) HP 8 / AC13-T13-F10 / CMD 11/8Fl / Init+14 / Saves (Fort+1 / Ref+3 / Will+4) / Perception+7 / Speed 30ft / Special Forewarned (Act in surprise round) Familiar HP 4 / AC16-T15-F13 / CMD 9/6Fl / Saves (Fort+2/ Ref+7 / Will+4) /

With the priestess watching Barboo, Denizabyss sends Flicker to join Lem and helps keep an eye out for any problems.

Flicker flies in the air seemingly with the music and slowly making bigger circles. Once high enough, Flickers darts off towards Lem.

Flicker Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31 Just in case its needed

Flicker flies over to near Lem and perches on a nearby tombstone while waiting for Lem to sneak into the mausoleum.

101 to 150 of 152 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chaosorbit's PFS 6-10: The Wounded Wisp All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.