Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

Chaosorbit's PFS 6-10: The Wounded Wisp

Game Master Chaosorbit

Maps and Handouts

Initiative:

Initiative
[dice=Barboo] 1d20 + 3[/dice]
[dice=Crugeon] 1d20 + 3[/dice]
[dice=Denizabyss] 1d20 + 14[/dice]
[dice=Lem] 1d20 + 8[/dice]


1 to 50 of 159 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

dot

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Barbarian (Unchained, Invulnerable Rager) 1 / hp 15 / AC 17, touch 14, flat-footed 14 / CMD 16 / Init +3 / 
Fort +5, Ref +4, Will -1; +2 vs. fear
 / Perception -2 / Speed 30 -- While raging: AC 15/12/12; hp 17; CMD 14; Will +1

Dot

Grand Lodge

HP 13/13 | AC 14 FF 14 T 10) CMD 12 | Init +0 | Saves (Fort +3 ,Reflex +1, Will +5)| Per +3, SenMot +3| Spd 30'

I'm Kyra and I'll be your cleric for this mission.

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Barbarian (Unchained, Invulnerable Rager) 1 / hp 15 / AC 17, touch 14, flat-footed 14 / CMD 16 / Init +3 / 
Fort +5, Ref +4, Will -1; +2 vs. fear
 / Perception -2 / Speed 30 -- While raging: AC 15/12/12; hp 17; CMD 14; Will +1

A short halfling (yes, short even for a halfling) squats against the wall while awaiting his PFS allies. The left half of his face his scarred from chin to forehead with burns and various cuts. UYou can see that his left arm as well as spots on his trunk are also covered in the telltale look of previously burned flesh, now scarred and hardened. You would assume some form of an acid burn based on the extent, but a run-in with an alchemist could also provide this kid of damage. His lip is turned up in a perpetual snarl, from scarring or just a bad temper, it's hard to tell. He wears various straps of leather wound around his body and has a halfling sling staff strapped to his back.
Seeing Kyra walk up, he grunts at her in what must be Common, or at least a strange version of it. He jabs a thumb at his chest and then pats the scimitar resting at his feet.

Eh? Crudg-on. Got cutter. Do hurting.

Liberty's Edge

male Halfling Rogue (unchained) - 2 / HP 15 / AC 19 T 15 FF 15 / Fort +2, Reflex +8, Will +1 / CMD 14 / Perception +6 / Speed 20 / Init +8

dot, for the third time. why are my posts not staying?

Liberty's Edge

male Halfling Rogue (unchained) - 2 / HP 15 / AC 19 T 15 FF 15 / Fort +2, Reflex +8, Will +1 / CMD 14 / Perception +6 / Speed 20 / Init +8

Ok, maybe working now?

You see an average looking halfling male with rapier and short bow.

Good morning friends! I'm Lem. Glad to see a fellow hair-foot to wander this wide land with. And Kyra, glad to make your acquaintance as well!

Dark Archive

M Elf Elf Wizard 1 (Diviner) HP 8 / AC13-T13-F10 / CMD 11/8Fl / Init+14 / Saves (Fort+1 / Ref+3 / Will+4) / Perception+7 / Speed 30ft / Special Forewarned (Act in surprise round) Familiar HP 4 / AC16-T15-F13 / CMD 9/6Fl / Saves (Fort+2/ Ref+7 / Will+4) /

dot

How did you guys get the other stats to show up? I edited my profile but didn't show up for some reason.

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Barbarian (Unchained, Invulnerable Rager) 1 / hp 15 / AC 17, touch 14, flat-footed 14 / CMD 16 / Init +3 / 
Fort +5, Ref +4, Will -1; +2 vs. fear
 / Perception -2 / Speed 30 -- While raging: AC 15/12/12; hp 17; CMD 14; Will +1

Crudgeon looks Lem in the eye and drools...

Dark Archive

M Elf Elf Wizard 1 (Diviner) HP 8 / AC13-T13-F10 / CMD 11/8Fl / Init+14 / Saves (Fort+1 / Ref+3 / Will+4) / Perception+7 / Speed 30ft / Special Forewarned (Act in surprise round) Familiar HP 4 / AC16-T15-F13 / CMD 9/6Fl / Saves (Fort+2/ Ref+7 / Will+4) /

Updated info so hopefully will show up on post!

Silver Crusade

Map

And we are off!

You have been stationed at the Grand Lodge in Absalom, awaiting assignment for a mission of utmost importance. Things finally seemed in motion when Venture-Captain Drandle Dreng sent out a summons for available agents. Specialized in the history of Absalom, Dreng is known for putting off-duty agents to work on sundry tasks when he finds them resting within the city’s limits.

Rains falls steadily as you come to the meeting place—an odd choice of venue, as it is a street corner far from the Grand Lodge—a lone beggar garbed in baggy robes approaches. The only figure visible in the constant drizzle, the beggar sticks out his hands for currency.

“Have you any coin to spare, fine folk?”

The question hangs in the air for only a scant moment before the figure pulls back his hood to reveal the wizened face of Venture-Captain Drandle Dreng. He gives a crooked smile, soaked head to toe from his unprotected time in the rain. His clothes smell faintly of cabbage.

“Sorry about that,” he says with a wink. “I always like to play a little joke on agents when I stumble across them during my jaunts into town. Now, why did I summon you fine folk here again…?” Dreng shakes his head from side to side, as though trying to knock water out of his ears, despite the constant downpour.

“Ah yes, the Wounded Wisp! I’m undercover now and can’t stray far from the site I’m watching, but I need someone to retrieve a package for me from that fine establishment. It’s among Absalom’s most storied taverns, you see, and one that holds a special place of privilege in the Society’s lore as the place where the organization began. Well, I could drone on and on about it, but standing out in the rain is doing none of us any favors.” As if anticipating agreement, the bedraggled Venture-Captain produces a small slip of folded paper from one of his many stitched pockets. Dreng quickly shows a glimpse of the
page’s contents: a map detailing the location of the Wounded Wisp bar.

“The bartender is a woman by the name of Heryn Gale, a fine lady who came to own the Wisp after the passing of her father from—oh, bah, it’s really getting too cold for me to give a proper history lesson! If you could just go to the Wisp, and tell Heryn you’re there to pick up my parcel, it would be most appreciated. I’ll be around here for several more hours at least.”

You of course may ask a question or two, also you may already have some Knowledge of The Wounded Wisp

Knowledge (history)

Any Pathfinder can attempt this check untrained. But can at most get a result of 10. You may reveal and share any of the spoilers your roll matches or exceeds.

10+:

The Wounded Wisp was a bar once frequented by the original members of the Pathfinder Society before the Society was even formed. Inside the Wisp, acquaintances would share stories about their adventurous exploits with one another.

15+:

Many volumes of the Pathfinder Chronicles came together under the Wisp’s roof. Famous Pathfinders like Eando Kline and the Seeker Osprey often stopped by for a drink while they relaxed in Absalom between assignments. Though not officially affiliated with the Society, the bar maintains good relations with Pathfinders, offering discounts and prompt service. The owners have always kept themselves and the Wisp afloat through the generosity of Society agents who spend coin at the establishment.

20+:

Selmius Foster was one of the founding members of the Pathfinder Society, known to have frequented the Wisp often and occasionally taken up residence in a spare room between his travels. His celebrated exploits first appeared in Volume 1 of the Pathfinder Chronicles.

25+:

Following the death of Selmius Foster on the island of Bhopan, his assistant Adolphus made several donations to maintain one of his mentor’s favorite sites. The exact arrangement between Adolphus and the owners of the Wisp was never disclosed, but it is said that some of this gold came from the same fortune that Adolphus used to found the Pathfinder lodge in Quantium.

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Barbarian (Unchained, Invulnerable Rager) 1 / hp 15 / AC 17, touch 14, flat-footed 14 / CMD 16 / Init +3 / 
Fort +5, Ref +4, Will -1; +2 vs. fear
 / Perception -2 / Speed 30 -- While raging: AC 15/12/12; hp 17; CMD 14; Will +1

While Dreng is talking, Crugeon stands idly behind the other Pathfinders, his body (and jaw) slack. A scimitar is loosely held at his side; the sharp, yet heavily notched tip resting in a puddle of dirty rainwater. Seeing the Venture Captain is saying more than a few words in a row, he slowly tilts his head back and lets rain fall into his gaped mouth.

The term "Wounded Wisp" somehow makes it into his consciousness and Cruge's thoughts take him on a journey to his memory.

Untrained Knowledge (local): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (14) - 2 = 12 Wow! Successful untrained knowledge check with an Int of 7!

Funny stories! He bursts out loud and begins to laugh to himself at the memory. Pathfinders do good. Have funny stories. <Shrugs> Go there, get drink and stories! Without waiting for anyone else, he turns and begins shuffling away. Unfortunately, he's not heading in the direction of the Wounded Wisp.

If anyone wants to roll a perception check to see if they notice something as Cruge walks away.

Perception 10+:
As he turns, you notice one of the leather straps of his armor is trailing behind him. On further inspection, it has a looks like there's a loop at the end, like a leash...
Feel free to grab and stop the wandering Halfling!!

Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Bard (Prankster) 1 / HP 10 / AC16-T12-F15 / CMD 9 / Init +3 / Saves (Fort +1 / Ref +3 / Will +1) / Perception +5 / Speed 20 ft

As soon as Dreng mentions the Wisp, Barboo, a redheaded gnome, well dressed with a lute over her shoulder stands up a little taller -although she is not that tall to begin with and runs into the middle of the group.
Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
She is familiar with the Wisp Bar having sung there many times. She is familiar with Heryn although they did not always get along.
"I want to share what I know about the Wisp Bar and the other Pathfinders that visited the bar." She sings in a high voice.
Please click on 10, 15 and 20 to find out what I know

Barboo looks at Crugeon and sings to get his attention since he is headed in the wrong direction or is he? Yes, he is! Barboo grabs the leash and tugs.

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Barbarian (Unchained, Invulnerable Rager) 1 / hp 15 / AC 17, touch 14, flat-footed 14 / CMD 16 / Init +3 / 
Fort +5, Ref +4, Will -1; +2 vs. fear
 / Perception -2 / Speed 30 -- While raging: AC 15/12/12; hp 17; CMD 14; Will +1

Crudge drags Barboo for a couple of feet before noticing the extra weight on his strap. Recognizing the pull of the leash from his training, he obediently comes to a stop and turns to face Barboo. "Ooo, shiny hair!" He says as he looks up to the gnome from his diminutive 2'8" height.

Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Bard (Prankster) 1 / HP 10 / AC16-T12-F15 / CMD 9 / Init +3 / Saves (Fort +1 / Ref +3 / Will +1) / Perception +5 / Speed 20 ft

Barboo picks herself up and dusts off, giving Crudge a sideways glance.

"I was so excited that I forgot to remind you of my name. It has been a long time since I saw some of you" She jumps up and down with a jovial, sly smile. Barboo is my name and singing is my game" She does a cute curtsy and sings a few bars of a song that all are familiar with.
She looks at Crudge "Thanks for the complement but, Where do you think you are going? The wrong way, I say!" She drops the leash, turns and starts walking the other way. Aren't you all coming with me?

Dark Archive

M Elf Elf Wizard 1 (Diviner) HP 8 / AC13-T13-F10 / CMD 11/8Fl / Init+14 / Saves (Fort+1 / Ref+3 / Will+4) / Perception+7 / Speed 30ft / Special Forewarned (Act in surprise round) Familiar HP 4 / AC16-T15-F13 / CMD 9/6Fl / Saves (Fort+2/ Ref+7 / Will+4) /

As Dreng and the others in the group talk about the Wisp, Denizabyss stands reserved but keeps an unhappy look on his face as he feels above a simple retrieve task and definitely does not like standing in the cold rain.

It's nice to meet you Barboo. My name is Denizabyss. Let's get this ridiculous task over with. If anything, it gets us out of the rain.

He starts heading towards the Wisp. He then creates a little firefly in front of Crugeon's face and moves it along towards the Wisp as well so the silly little man will keep occupied.

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Barbarian (Unchained, Invulnerable Rager) 1 / hp 15 / AC 17, touch 14, flat-footed 14 / CMD 16 / Init +3 / 
Fort +5, Ref +4, Will -1; +2 vs. fear
 / Perception -2 / Speed 30 -- While raging: AC 15/12/12; hp 17; CMD 14; Will +1

Ooo! A shiny! Crugeon immediately forgets the orange haired gnome and begins to chase after the firefly. As obvious as his low intellect, his dexterity is equally notable for its obvious high ability. Crugeon dances and flits rapidly after the supernatural fire, nearly catching it at every turn. ”Huh, huh, ha! Catch shiny!”

Liberty's Edge

male Halfling Rogue (unchained) - 2 / HP 15 / AC 19 T 15 FF 15 / Fort +2, Reflex +8, Will +1 / CMD 14 / Perception +6 / Speed 20 / Init +8

Lem is not sure what he's got himself into. Normally he's the short stack in a party of giants....

Well, if Master Dreng gives an order than we shall obey. Especially because the Wounded Wisp sounds really interesting and I would love to meet Heryn Gale the proprietress. Curious how she's related to the founders you told us about, Barboo. Lovely hair by the way, would you mind if I touched it...? And do you think he'll mind if we look into the parcel? I bet it's his collection of nail clippings. I keep mine in my belt pouch....In fact I have one that looks like Dreng, let me look for it so you can see!

Two halflings, a gnome and an elf walk into a bar....

Silver Crusade

The Wounded Wisp is located in the Foreign Quarter district of Absalom, close to the grounds of the Grand Lodge. You have no difficulty finding the establishment with the map Dreng provided, plus Barboo knows the way.

Built from dark, discolored wood, the exterior of the Wounded Wisp is the image of an iconic dive bar. Stained and barred windows obscure direct vision into the establishment, though ruddy yellow light bleeds from a window in the front hall. The only distinguishing feature on the Wisp’s exterior is a thick wooden sign hanging from above the bar’s entrance. A brass ring fitted onto the sign anchors a lantern—referred to by the staff as “the wisp”— that hangs there during the evening hours.

As you enter you find yourself in a long entrance hallway. The walls are covered in numerous decorations and trophies left by successful Pathfinders who’ve donated minor paraphernalia to the bar. A small coat check room is to the right in this hall. The hallway opens into the main hall.

The smell of smoke and spilled ale assails the senses in this wide-open area. Walls of dark-stained wood make up the sides of the Wounded Wisp, while well-used wooden tables are spread throughout the space. A raised area in the back of the establishment houses several additional tables and eating areas for groups seeking more than just a good drink. An austere bar supported by kegs instead of wooden panels commands the northern end of the room. A stained-glass cabinet stands behind the bar, its dark panes cracked in several spots, yet not so opaque as to conceal the several dozen types of hard liquor within.

Behind the bar is a raven hair women, who's graying gives away that she is older, but her face still shows the beauty of her youth. An excitable halfling lady stands on a chair regaling a couple of green looking novices with a story. A well-dressed and kept man sits quietly with his chair at an odd angle, he makes eye contact and nods as you entered, while keeping an ear to the halfling storyteller. At another table a couple of half-orcs are drinking and shouting at each other. One last patron, an older human man sits in the corner, he appears to be a scholar with his face buried in a book.

Map

What would you like to do?

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Barbarian (Unchained, Invulnerable Rager) 1 / hp 15 / AC 17, touch 14, flat-footed 14 / CMD 16 / Init +3 / 
Fort +5, Ref +4, Will -1; +2 vs. fear
 / Perception -2 / Speed 30 -- While raging: AC 15/12/12; hp 17; CMD 14; Will +1

Smelly! Crugeon thinks to himself with a smile. Good smelly!! Then, noticing the halfling telling a story, he can't contain his excitement, "Stories!" he bursts out and rushes over to watch with rapt attention as the storyteller continues on.

Silver Crusade

As Crugeon arrives at the table the halfling pauses a moment, Hello there! Sit on down. I'm just telling my friends an exciting tale about Durvin Gest.

I'm Janira Gavix, what's you name? She inquires of Crugeon.

Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Bard (Prankster) 1 / HP 10 / AC16-T12-F15 / CMD 9 / Init +3 / Saves (Fort +1 / Ref +3 / Will +1) / Perception +5 / Speed 20 ft

Thirsty after the long walk, Barboo prances over to the bar to order a drink.
"Nice to see you again. I'll have a tankard of ale." Barboo sings out to the bartender.

I wonder if my hair will have some grey in it as I get older?

Barboo sits down, orders a drink and looks around listening to the story being told. While waiting for her drink, Barboo assesses the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Sense Motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Barbarian (Unchained, Invulnerable Rager) 1 / hp 15 / AC 17, touch 14, flat-footed 14 / CMD 16 / Init +3 / 
Fort +5, Ref +4, Will -1; +2 vs. fear
 / Perception -2 / Speed 30 -- While raging: AC 15/12/12; hp 17; CMD 14; Will +1

"Crug-on." He jabs his thumb at his chest and then pats the battered, yet sharp scimitar laying on the table. "Got cutter. Do hurting." He finishes cheerfully with a gaping smile.

Dark Archive

M Elf Elf Wizard 1 (Diviner) HP 8 / AC13-T13-F10 / CMD 11/8Fl / Init+14 / Saves (Fort+1 / Ref+3 / Will+4) / Perception+7 / Speed 30ft / Special Forewarned (Act in surprise round) Familiar HP 4 / AC16-T15-F13 / CMD 9/6Fl / Saves (Fort+2/ Ref+7 / Will+4) /

As Denizabyss walks into the bar, he dries everyone's clothes and puts a nice hint of perfume on Barboo.

Denizabyss turns to Barboo. Seeing as how you are probably the best conversationalist of the bunch, I'll leave the information gathering to you. As you can probably tell, I'm not the best in that area. I'm going to listen in to the story from that halfling lady over there. Let me know after you get the parcel and are ready to go.

Denizabyss walks over and sits next to the well-dressed man while sitting close enough to hear the halfling's story.

Mind if I sit down and did I miss anything exciting from her story that I should know?, he asks the well-dressed man while listening in on the halfling's storytelling and looking around the room for anything interesting or out of the ordinary. He motions to his familiar, Flicker, to do the same.

Denizabyss Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Flicker Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Silver Crusade

Heryn Gale replies in a voice that sounds deeper than you would expect, honed from years of hollering over the din of the crowd. Hey Barboo, good to see you again, here's that ale. The seasoned bartender pours the pint quickly, but perfectly with just the right amount of head.

Barboo scans the room and notices quite a few wayfinders on display, symbol of Pathfinder Society members. Everyone seems to be enjoying themselves and in good spirits.

-----

Janira gives a polite chuckle to Crugeon's responses, Good to meet you Crug-on, hopefully you won't need to use that fine piece of steel tonight! She gives him a warm smile. Now were was I? Janira assumes Crugeon wants to listen in.

So, yeah, why Durvin Gest traveled to Casmaron he did not record. Which to me says he didn't find what he was looking for there. Who knows if he ever did? But anyway there he was in what was once the nation of Ninshabur. He wrote in Chronicle 7, or was was it 8, anyway, he wrote Ninshabur's once grand structures are now little more than dust-choked ruins, and its people only wandering ghosts. Well he didn't really say much more about the ghosts, but I think we have to take him literally here. SO can you imagine a land where ghosts just wander around!

-------
The well kept man extends a hand motioning for Denizabyss to join him.

Please have a seat, my friend, I am Aram bin Kaleel. No not really, she was just getting started, she's telling about some research she did in some of the earlier Pathfinder Chronicles about Durvin Gest.

Denizabyss notices that bin Kaleel, has a finely bound leather journal or perhaps ledger resting on the table next to him.

Liberty's Edge

male Halfling Rogue (unchained) - 2 / HP 15 / AC 19 T 15 FF 15 / Fort +2, Reflex +8, Will +1 / CMD 14 / Perception +6 / Speed 20 / Init +8

Lem moves through the bar quietly and hops up onto the barstool between Heryn and the scholar in the corner. He tries to see what book he's reading and maybe catch the scholars eye to say hi and introduce himself.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

If he doesn't look up Lem will introduce himself to Heryn.

Well hello, my name's Lem. Would love something to wet my whistle and might wonder if you have any food here. My first time in this establishment so what are you known for? Captain Dreng told us this is the place to hang out and swap stories if you're a pathfinder.

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Barbarian (Unchained, Invulnerable Rager) 1 / hp 15 / AC 17, touch 14, flat-footed 14 / CMD 16 / Init +3 / 
Fort +5, Ref +4, Will -1; +2 vs. fear
 / Perception -2 / Speed 30 -- While raging: AC 15/12/12; hp 17; CMD 14; Will +1

Crugeon's mouth hangs agape as he listens to Janira's tale. He smiles at her if she ever turns to look at him, like a child meeting his hero.

Pretty lady. Pretty story. Like stories. Like lady. Drink? At that thought, he looks over quizzically to where Heryn is and calls out, "Drink!?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Rolled just in case you need it for Janira and the others at the table with Crugeon, but obviously without effect!!.

Dark Archive

M Elf Elf Wizard 1 (Diviner) HP 8 / AC13-T13-F10 / CMD 11/8Fl / Init+14 / Saves (Fort+1 / Ref+3 / Will+4) / Perception+7 / Speed 30ft / Special Forewarned (Act in surprise round) Familiar HP 4 / AC16-T15-F13 / CMD 9/6Fl / Saves (Fort+2/ Ref+7 / Will+4) /

Nice to meet you Aram. That's a nice notebook you have there. Do you document your travels?

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 5
Diplomacy role if needed

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Barbarian (Unchained, Invulnerable Rager) 1 / hp 15 / AC 17, touch 14, flat-footed 14 / CMD 16 / Init +3 / 
Fort +5, Ref +4, Will -1; +2 vs. fear
 / Perception -2 / Speed 30 -- While raging: AC 15/12/12; hp 17; CMD 14; Will +1
Lem the slip wrote:
Two halflings, a gnome and an elf walk into a bar....

I've been laughing about this all day.

Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Bard (Prankster) 1 / HP 10 / AC16-T12-F15 / CMD 9 / Init +3 / Saves (Fort +1 / Ref +3 / Will +1) / Perception +5 / Speed 20 ft

After catching up on what has been happening at the Wisp
Heryn, thanks for the update. Now, I have been told you have a package that you want to give me for VC Dreng.
I hope she knows what package and I hope it gets us out of here fast. I still remember when I was here as a child and Heryn was not always nice to another redhead.
I'll be at the back table, you can bring me another ale and the package.
Barboo slips off the stool, humming to herself as she makes her way to the back table.

Silver Crusade

Lem slips quietly to the bar area, and takes note that the man's book is titled "A Detailed History of Hardtack and Salted Beef - The True Siege Engines"

Heryn turns her attention from Barboo to Lem, Hi Lem, welcome, yeah Pathfinders are always in abundance here, everything's good in my biased opinion. But right now I recommend the wood smoked brisket. If you want a lighter fare. We've got a nice salad prepared from Andoran red pears, they are in season right now. She pours Lem a pint and sets it in front of him.

Having garnered the scholar's attention, the man puts a finger to save his page and waits for Lem to order, then introduces himself. Hello are you a newer Pathfinder, I'm Yargos Gill. Care to join me?

-----------
Crugeon calls out for a drink and without missing a beat Heryn calls out, Coming Up!

---------

Aram replies to Denizabyss, Ah yes, He let's out a little chuckle. Actually, it's my business ledger. I own Kaleel’s
Curiosities, a shop in the Coins district. I came in here thinking I would review my accounts, but I'm easily distracted by tales of adventure. What brings you into the Wisp tonight?

-------------

Ah, Drendle, yeah, he sent a note over. It's down in the the cellar. Would you mind waiting a little? I can't really step away from the bar right now. I have some help coming in anytime now, once they arrive. I'll be able to break away. She gives Barboo a look that says I hope you understand, then offers.

Your ale's on the house while you wait, may be a great time to meet some of the fellow Pathfinders here. Always good to know new people.

Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Bard (Prankster) 1 / HP 10 / AC16-T12-F15 / CMD 9 / Init +3 / Saves (Fort +1 / Ref +3 / Will +1) / Perception +5 / Speed 20 ft

Thanks, Heryn! I'll be back here.
Maybe Heryn is not as bad as I thought. Time heals.
As Barboo is walking to the table, she notices the two orcs that are arguing. Being her effervescent self, she heads for the table singing a song that has a tune she hopes is familiar to the orcs.
As Barboo approaches the table Barboo's my name and singing is my game.
I wonder what they are so angry about. Guess I'll just have to use my bubbling personality to get them to lighten up.
She sits down and starts talking.

Dark Archive

M Elf Elf Wizard 1 (Diviner) HP 8 / AC13-T13-F10 / CMD 11/8Fl / Init+14 / Saves (Fort+1 / Ref+3 / Will+4) / Perception+7 / Speed 30ft / Special Forewarned (Act in surprise round) Familiar HP 4 / AC16-T15-F13 / CMD 9/6Fl / Saves (Fort+2/ Ref+7 / Will+4) /

Denizabyss continues talking to Aram while listening to the on-going story but also glances at the arguing orcs.

Ah ok. I wasn't trying meaning to pry but seeing as many Pathfinders come into the Wisp, I thought you might have some interesting stories yourself. As for myself, I'm just running a quick errand with some associates. I also enjoy hearing tales of adventures myself. You never know what kinds of useful tidbits you can pick up from them.

What types of "curiosities" do you have at your establishment? Anything interesting come in lately?

Denizabyss creates some floating ghostly figures to help Janira's story have a little more effect but partially just to watch Crugeon's funny reactions

Liberty's Edge

male Halfling Rogue (unchained) - 2 / HP 15 / AC 19 T 15 FF 15 / Fort +2, Reflex +8, Will +1 / CMD 14 / Perception +6 / Speed 20 / Init +8

Not wanting to miss the opportunity to learn more about hardtack and salted beef and their relation to siege engines, Lem fairly trips over his small feet in his rush to accept the invitation.

Thanks very much Heryn, I'll have the brisket when you get a chance and thanks for the pint. I'll be joining my new friend Master Gill. We'll be talking about some heady stuff over here so don't stray too close or you might get sucked in as well.

With that he joins Yargos at his table and attempts to learn as much from him as possible. Every pathfinder's first job should be to learn, right?

diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Barbarian (Unchained, Invulnerable Rager) 1 / hp 15 / AC 17, touch 14, flat-footed 14 / CMD 16 / Init +3 / 
Fort +5, Ref +4, Will -1; +2 vs. fear
 / Perception -2 / Speed 30 -- While raging: AC 15/12/12; hp 17; CMD 14; Will +1

Crugeon smiles up winsomely at Heryn when she brings over the drink. He looks down into the cup happily and takes a slurp of the ale.
Yummy!
His attention returns to Janira'a story, even though he has no idea what is going on.
Ghosts wandering. Funny story!
Suddenly, he catches sight of something out of the corner of his eye and jumps with a start.
Ghosts! Pointing to the illusionary figures, Wandering ghosts! Not funny!
He jumps up on the table, standing between Janira and the ghosts with his scimitar held in both of his tiny hands.
No hurt funny lady. He growls with a piercing, high-pitched voice.

Silver Crusade

As Barboo heads over toward the half-orcs, she notices that they look very similar, in fact they might be twins. It seems the discussion they are loudly having is about which one is stronger.

I could lifted two tables at the same time. One boasts. The other replies, Easy, I could too, but I could do it with all four chairs on top of them!

They stop arguing as the singing gnome appears. Hail Barboo! They clink there tankards together. One replies, We are Garl and Shrade! While the other requests, Sing us a song of battle!

-----------

Aram replies to Denizabyss, No problem, curiosities are my game after all! Well the latest and possibly greatest curiosities I've gathered are chainmail rings from Sir Reinhart of Kenabres, suit of armor. If he succeeds, well let's just say I'm sitting on a gold mine. If not, I'll bet I can still turn a profit.

As Denizabyss, conjures flying ghosts Aram chuckles at Crugeon's reaction. Oh, that is just mean. But he gives a smile none the less.

--------------

Yargos looks delighted, Well met Lem. He dog ears one of the pages, then offers the book for Lem to peruse. The author, Wilhem Andus, performed a detailed and exhaustive study of the historical accounts for over 200 sieges. And mind you, it takes a lot of skill to sift through the fiction and pull out the fact. It took him over 15 years to write this book!

He shows, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that the most reliable strategy in any siege is simply to wait out your victims. Even before starvation sets in, boredom with such an unvarying diet erodes morale. And the inevitable rationing just compounds the issue!

A look of curiosity on his face, he waits for a reaction from Lem.

----------

Ooh my goodness! Janira shoots Denizabyss a stern look.
It's okay Crugeon, these aren't real. She passes her hand through one of the illusions. See I'm fine. She helps settle the dimwitted halfling back into his seat and puts his ale glass back in his hand. Now where was I?

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Elf Elf Wizard 1 (Diviner) HP 8 / AC13-T13-F10 / CMD 11/8Fl / Init+14 / Saves (Fort+1 / Ref+3 / Will+4) / Perception+7 / Speed 30ft / Special Forewarned (Act in surprise round) Familiar HP 4 / AC16-T15-F13 / CMD 9/6Fl / Saves (Fort+2/ Ref+7 / Will+4) /

Denizabyss stifles a small chuckle which changes to a what did I do? towards Janira. He then dismisses the little ghosts but not before they all turn to Crugeon, stick out their ghostly tongues and blow strawberries at him. He decides not to push the little halfling too much more but really wanted to lets those strawberries cover Crugeon with spittle which causes his smirk to get a little bigger Sorry about the interruption Janira. I was just trying to help with the storytelling He stands up and courteously bows to Janira then sits back down Please continue and I promise not to help any more

He turns back to Aram, Well good luck with those chainmail rings. If things don't turn out for Sir Reinhart, I bet you could still sell them as nose or earrings to those fellows over there points to the two orcs and smiles

He leans back in his seat and listens to the rest of Janira's story while waiting for the signal that it's time to go. He gives some crackers and peanuts to Flicker who happily snaps them up.

Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Bard (Prankster) 1 / HP 10 / AC16-T12-F15 / CMD 9 / Init +3 / Saves (Fort +1 / Ref +3 / Will +1) / Perception +5 / Speed 20 ft

As Barboo gets settled on the stool, she recognizes the two.
Oh my, I didn't recognize you from the bar. You two look the same as the last time we met. I am so excited to see you again.
but am I really?
You two should not be fighting over your strength, remember, you are twins and you both have great strength and I am sure could lift up this table with me on it. She gives a little giggle.
I hope they don't try!!
What about an ale for old times? Your tankards look almost empty.
Barboo hops up on the stool and waves toward the bar.
Heryn, bring two tankards back to this table for my friends. Barboo settles back down in her seat.
You say you want me to sing you a song? Ok, but first catch me up on what has been going on around here.

Diplomacy to gather info: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Barbarian (Unchained, Invulnerable Rager) 1 / hp 15 / AC 17, touch 14, flat-footed 14 / CMD 16 / Init +3 / 
Fort +5, Ref +4, Will -1; +2 vs. fear
 / Perception -2 / Speed 30 -- While raging: AC 15/12/12; hp 17; CMD 14; Will +1

After being soothed by Janira, Crugeon settles back to his cup. His ears perk up at the sound of the orc's argument. He hops down from his chair, and trots over to the orc's table just as Barboo signals to Heryn.
I could lifted table too! He says as he stands to his full height of 2'8" and hoists one of the orc's stools in the air with him still sitting on it.
According to rules, it looks like I can lift 1/2 of max load over my head as a small creature and lift twice that off the ground and still move. So, as a halfling with str 16, I can lift 230lbs off the ground. I'm hoping that's enough to lift the orc and chair.
He grins his lopsided grin at the group at the table and looks expectantly at the orcs to show their strength in a friendly match.
I'm lifting good too. Fun!
If Barboo starts singing, Crugeon will immediately set the stool down and hop up on the table to listen along with his new "friends".

Silver Crusade

Janira gives him a knowing side eye glance, then continues. Aram chuckles, Yeah I guess...What chance do you give Sir Reinhart?

Janira carries on, So according to Durvin Gest, in the center of ruins of Ninshabur is a temple ruin. Within the temple complex of Tabasagal, he claims to have explored a place laden with deadly traps and infested with numerous guardians. All guarding the treasure-vault of the rulers of Ninshabur!

------------

Garl smiles at Barboo, Yes more ale! Well what everyone seems to be talking about it Sir Reinhart, that Mendevian crusader who recently
arrived from the north. The crazy fool plans on attempting the Test of the Starstone!

About that time Crugeon arrives lifting Shrade into the air!

Ohh..hahaha..put me down. Shrade chuckles.

Not long after Heryn arrives with the refills.

Liberty's Edge

male Halfling Rogue (unchained) - 2 / HP 15 / AC 19 T 15 FF 15 / Fort +2, Reflex +8, Will +1 / CMD 14 / Perception +6 / Speed 20 / Init +8

Yargos, how many sieges have you been a part of? Are you an advisor to the king or I bet you advise this Sir Reinhart everyone is talking about. I must say, if I was in a siege I think I would be the first to die of boredom.

I'll hang out with Yargos for a bit chatting about local events or things I don't know about. I'll eat with him unless something else draws my attention away while we wait on Heryn's help to arrive.

knowledge local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Bard (Prankster) 1 / HP 10 / AC16-T12-F15 / CMD 9 / Init +3 / Saves (Fort +1 / Ref +3 / Will +1) / Perception +5 / Speed 20 ft

Barboo is interested in what Garl has to say
Why you sweet thing. I wonder what the Test of the Starstone is all about. Do you think Sir Reinhart will be coming to the Wisp?
I hope so, I would love to chat with him. He might need a singer and I am the best there is
She smiles to herself.

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Barbarian (Unchained, Invulnerable Rager) 1 / hp 15 / AC 17, touch 14, flat-footed 14 / CMD 16 / Init +3 / 
Fort +5, Ref +4, Will -1; +2 vs. fear
 / Perception -2 / Speed 30 -- While raging: AC 15/12/12; hp 17; CMD 14; Will +1

With a thump, Crugeon drops Shrade back to the ground and clambers up on another chair next to the half-orcs.
New friends! He says as he slaps the table with a solid thump. Crazy fool? He asks as he looks back and forth between the orcs. Crug-on. He adds as he jabs his thumb into his chest. Got cutter. Do hurting! He smiles proudly at the half-orcs as he lays his tiny, battered blade on the table. A heavy flail, short sword, and halfling sling staff hang from his odd armor of leather straps.

Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Bard (Prankster) 1 / HP 10 / AC16-T12-F15 / CMD 9 / Init +3 / Saves (Fort +1 / Ref +3 / Will +1) / Perception +5 / Speed 20 ft

Crugeon, sit down. Do you want me to pull your leash again?
She says in a sing-song voice so Crugeon knows she is joking with him.
She likes to tease Crugeon and even thinks of him as a pet since there aren't many around that are shorter than her.

Silver Crusade

Yargos replies, Well none, but I've read a lot about them. He let's out a chuckle. Actually, I'm a military historian, an adviser sometimes, but not for Kings, more often Pathfinders. Which is better I think. And indeed boredom is an extreme factor. Warriors trapped like that will crack sooner, than you think.

------------

Garl laughs at Shrade, and they all chuckle at Crugeon's antics as the chair hits the ground. It even draws Janira's attention and soon the whole place is having a laugh. Heryn grins as she keeps busy with the affairs of severing the jovial group. Only after Barboo makes her jesting threat does Garl reply.

Sir Reinhart at the Wisp, I don't think so. He's not a Pathfinder. Garl continues, The Test of the Starstone is a test that anyone can take by attempting to reach the Starstone at the center of Absalom! Mortals who pass the test become deities! While countless numbers have tried over the years, none has succeeded since Iomedae over 800 years ago.

Silver Crusade

As the good times continue, time flies and soon a younger blond woman joins Heryn behind the bar. Heryn moves over to Barboo, Let's go find what Drendle Dreng seeks.

She leads your group to the cellars of the Wounded Wisp, a set of wooden stairs descends from the main floor into this tightly packed storeroom. Barrels, boxes, and crates of assorted foodstuffs and drink garnishes are pushed against the walls or under the stairs.

As Heryn opens the storeroom door she delivers a warning, Be careful there is treacherous footing ahead. Several fissures split the floor in the room beyond. The fissures opened up when the earthquake hit in '98. Heryn slowly makes her way across a broad wooden plank that serves as a bridge over the fissure.

How do you cross?

Map

Liberty's Edge

male Halfling Rogue (unchained) - 2 / HP 15 / AC 19 T 15 FF 15 / Fort +2, Reflex +8, Will +1 / CMD 14 / Perception +6 / Speed 20 / Init +8

I'll hopefully dance nimbly across the plank. Once over I can toss a rope over for someone to secure if we need to, with a grappling hook if necessary.

acrobatics: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

So, you have to cross this dangerous fissure every day as a part of normal business? Or are we looking into a less often used section of your cellar?

Silver Crusade

Lem makes it nimbly across. Heryn replies, Yes, unfortunately it's true, I guess we've just gotten use to it.

Dark Archive

M Elf Elf Wizard 1 (Diviner) HP 8 / AC13-T13-F10 / CMD 11/8Fl / Init+14 / Saves (Fort+1 / Ref+3 / Will+4) / Perception+7 / Speed 30ft / Special Forewarned (Act in surprise round) Familiar HP 4 / AC16-T15-F13 / CMD 9/6Fl / Saves (Fort+2/ Ref+7 / Will+4) /

Denizabyss checks out the sturdiness of the crossing plank before stepping over since he's not as acrobatically inclined as some others in the group. He also looks around the room to see if anything else interesting can be noticed.

Denizabyss Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Flicker Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

If the plank seems sturdy enough, he crosses over using the rope from Lem as a safety mechanism if needed. Thanks for the rope Lem!

Definitely wouldn't want to drop down there! Glad I have the rope.

Denizabyss Acrobatics: 1d20 ⇒ 2

Well looks like the elf is a total clutz!

Well CRAP!

Flicker takes to the air off Denizabyss' shoulder to keep from falling as well!

Denizabyss attempts to cast Feather fall and lets Lem pull him across.

Concentration: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Thanks, Lem! Greatly appreciate the help there! I think I tripped on the only bump in the plank!

After crossing (hopefully!), he turns to Heryn.

Lost many clumsy pathfinders down there? as he shakily laughs

Changing the subject, he says

Do you ever get any unwanted guests from the fissure?

Definitely could be some nasty creatures down there

Silver Crusade

Denizabyss wonders about the safety of the plank, but begins to look around the room, not really noticing anything to exciting, he grabs the rope and starts to cross. The plank snaps under his weight and he quickly casts feather fall, soon enough he's pulled back up with Lem's assistance.

Heryn looks dismayed, So sorry about that, your the first, guess it's time for a new plank. Unwanted guests, not so far.

With no plank, you'll have to jump across.

DC 5 Acrobatics

Grand Lodge

Female Gnome Bard (Prankster) 1 / HP 10 / AC16-T12-F15 / CMD 9 / Init +3 / Saves (Fort +1 / Ref +3 / Will +1) / Perception +5 / Speed 20 ft

Barboo takes a look around the cellar. When the door is opened and she sees the plank, she says to Lem and Cenizabyss I'll just stay over here and wait while you pick up the package from Heryn.
Don't want to fall into the fissure. So might as well let the others go across if they want.

1 to 50 of 159 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chaosorbit's PFS 6-10: The Wounded Wisp All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.