Chaosorbit's PFS #6:02: The Silver Mount Collection (Inactive)

Game Master Chaosorbit

Maps and Handouts


1 to 50 of 382 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

You've returned to the Grand Lodge in Absalom for some well deserved downtime...

Dark Archive

M Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) | Arcanist (occultist) 3 | HP: 17/17 | *AC:20 T:12 FF:18 | CMB:+0 CMD:13 | F:+2 (*+5 alc vs poison) R:+4 W:+4 | Init:+4 | Per:+1, SM: +0 | Speed 30'/20' | *Active: Mage Armor, Shield, End. Elem., antitoxin | Arc Res 0/6 |
Spells Memorized:
Spells - lvl 1, 2/5: Color Spray (DC 15), Grease (DC 16), Magic Missile (DC 16); lvl 0: detect magic, disrupt undead, message, prestidigitation, read magic

Once he completes his duties in the Dark Archive, Garduk finds a secluded corner of the library, and sits down with two books, one small, the other larger. On the cover of the smaller volume, there is a lurid illustration of a lovely young woman being menaced by a shadowed figure; the castle in the background is lit by a flash of lightning. The title and author's name are stamped in ink the color of dried blood on the spine: CASE OF THE DREAMING DEAD, by Ailson Kindler.

The larger book is bound in plain leather. Its simple title is stamped in gold on the front and spine: PATHFINDER CHRONICLES, with a volume number concealed by the half-orc's hand.

Garduk glances cautiously to each side. When he feels certain that he is unobserved, he holds up the larger book, opens it, then holds the tale of adventure inside it and begins to read. Only someone observing from behind his chair would see the Kindler book; from any other vantage, he would appear to be studying the accumulated wisdom of earlier generations of Pathfinders.

Dark Archive

Half-Orc Barbarian 2 Oracle 2 HP:35/35 | AC:12 T:8 FF:12 Mage Armor DR1/- | CMB:5 CMD:16 | Saves F:+5 R:-1 W:+4 | Init:-2 | Per:+1 | Rage:1/7 | Spells 1: 1/5 Cha -2, Con -1

Brayne searches deeper into the dark tapestry, seeking to grow his power. He finds himself in am unnamed temple belonging to that of Zon Kuthon, and ensures no one knows his dark secret. He certainly doesn't view himself a worshipper, but relies on the power to feed his lust. There he harnesses the ability to move in the dark better, but loses the ability to sharpen his fangs. As a result, he returns to the lodge with a skin tone slightly darker than previously.

Dark Archive

M Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) | Arcanist (occultist) 3 | HP: 17/17 | *AC:20 T:12 FF:18 | CMB:+0 CMD:13 | F:+2 (*+5 alc vs poison) R:+4 W:+4 | Init:+4 | Per:+1, SM: +0 | Speed 30'/20' | *Active: Mage Armor, Shield, End. Elem., antitoxin | Arc Res 0/6 |
Spells Memorized:
Spells - lvl 1, 2/5: Color Spray (DC 15), Grease (DC 16), Magic Missile (DC 16); lvl 0: detect magic, disrupt undead, message, prestidigitation, read magic

Deep in the library, Garduk shivers suddenly, almost dropping his books. Unnerved, he looks around for the source of the sudden chill. He sees nothing out of the ordinary, only books, shelves, comfortable chairs, and a warm hearth.

He returns to his books, but is uneasy for some time thereafter.

Zon Kuthon?!? Ewwwww. :-)

Sovereign Court

Female Dwarf Slayer 5| HP 49/49 | AC 21(22), T 12, FF 19 CMD 20 | F +7(10), R +7(10), W +4(7) | Init +2 | Perc +10 | SM +10

Kulga's not an easy woman to like, so her visits back to the Grand Lodge are usually marked by a sort of vague professionalism in her debriefings. She's regarded as a capable agent, reliable, and with a keen insight, but her bluntness and carelessness with others leaves her far from being any sort of heart of the society or the Court.

She checks in with a few of her contacts, has a pint or two at the Wisp, but it isn't long before she's stalking the halls, hoping for her next assignment.

Dark Archive

Half-Orc Barbarian 2 Oracle 2 HP:35/35 | AC:12 T:8 FF:12 Mage Armor DR1/- | CMB:5 CMD:16 | Saves F:+5 R:-1 W:+4 | Init:-2 | Per:+1 | Rage:1/7 | Spells 1: 1/5 Cha -2, Con -1

Now that I think about it, I might have mistaken between Zon Kuthon and Lamashtu...

Sovereign Court

Female Dwarf Slayer 5| HP 49/49 | AC 21(22), T 12, FF 19 CMD 20 | F +7(10), R +7(10), W +4(7) | Init +2 | Perc +10 | SM +10

Oh good, Lamashtu's not gross at all :p

Silver Crusade

You have gathered at the Grand Lodge to meet with the recently returned Venture Captain, Drandle Dreng . Unfortunately, you haven't been summoned to receive a new mission, but instead to catch up on paperwork.

It is truly a pleasure to be back. Venture Captain Drandle Dreng takes a seat at the head of the table and leafs through the papers set before him.

Some of you might have worked with me before my… furlough. And I look forward to reminiscing, but first it seems we need to spend the next few hours tidying up the paperwork that's started to pile up since my return. He wets his cracked lips.

First, we have this extradition order from Cheliax for... Oh my. Well, I’m sure the Society can—

Suddenly - A blue-grey shape crashes through the window and lands on the oak table with a metallic schwak! The tangle of wings and claws eventually stands, a gleaming silver raven, and opens its mouth.

G—gods help me, Dreng, I’m dying, a distant male voice sputters from the bird.

Men in black—came for… Numeria exhibits. It’s Nigel... I’ve been shot! You owe me, you old bastard!

Dreng’s lips crack and pop as they tighten.

Well… Sounds like you lot need to head to the Wise District. That sounds like Nigel Aldain , so go to the Blakros Museum. If he lives through the night, I might be able to make something of this— He waves a hand over the mound of parchment, "disappear"

Given the urgency of the situation you only have a couple minutes for Dreng to answer your questions.

Knowledge (local) or Knowledge (nobility) as you may know some details about the Blakros Museum, its curator, and its history.

15+:

The Blakros Mueum is a small, old, ugly building in the Wise District that displays historical treasures. It is open to the public, for a small fee.

20+:

The Blakros Museum is owned by the Blakros family, a noble household of traders and artifact hunters. They marry nobles from all over the world, and use those contacts to bring in amazing treasures unseen anywhere else in Absalom. Nigel Aldain, the curator, isn’t a Blakros by birth. He married into the family.

25+:

The Blakros family didn’t build the museum. They bought it from some insane wizard’s estate after he died. It’s been closed for the past few weeks, but not many people have noticed. Accidents and strange events happen so often lately that it’s usually closed for “renovations” or “cleaning,” causing many people to avoid it.

30+:

The Blakros Museum was originally constructed by the powerful wizard Ralzeros the Overwatched and some people say he cursed the building upon his death. Apparently, Nigel Aldain found the artifact Ralzeros originally used to shape the building and his renovations” supposedly include making the museum less prone to catastrophe.

A Knowledge (engineering) or Knowledge (geography) See what you may know about Numeria and its people.

15+:

Numeria is a large wasteland to the north. It’s more of a wilderness of barbarian tribes than a real nation.

20+:

Stars fell on Numeria long ago, full of strange poisons and monsters. Its ruled by some barbarian king and his army of creepy mages.

25+:

The Black Sovereign Kevoth-Kul rules over Numeria’s small cities and wandering tribes, aided by a cult of magic-users known as the Technic League. The Technic League bases their magic off the technology that fell to Golarion thousands of years ago.

30+:

The Technic League jealously guards their technology. The strange things across Numeria they covet fell to Golarion in the remains of an enormous metal ship that supposedly sailed between worlds.

Sovereign Court

Female Dwarf Slayer 5| HP 49/49 | AC 21(22), T 12, FF 19 CMD 20 | F +7(10), R +7(10), W +4(7) | Init +2 | Perc +10 | SM +10

Knowledge (Nobility): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Aside from potential blackmail information collected during her last excursion to the Museum, Kulga hasn't paid any attention to the Blakros family.

What's their latest exhibit about? There can't be that many things in the museum that would try to kill them.

Dark Archive

Half-Orc Barbarian 2 Oracle 2 HP:35/35 | AC:12 T:8 FF:12 Mage Armor DR1/- | CMB:5 CMD:16 | Saves F:+5 R:-1 W:+4 | Init:-2 | Per:+1 | Rage:1/7 | Spells 1: 1/5 Cha -2, Con -1

So that everyone is clear, it's totally Lamashtu! Not gross at all :P

Brayne jumps in shock as the oddly colour raven crashes in. "Well, not something you see everyday." He comments as he composes himself. "And who might Nigel be? And what of his relationship with you?" Brayne asks curiously about the matter at hand.

Grand Lodge

NG half-elf Bard 3 | HP 24/24 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 CMD: 13 | F+2 R+5 W+4*(+2 vs enchant,+1 morale vs charm/fear,+4 vs bard,lang dependent, sonic)| Init +2 | Perc +6, SM+10| Speed 30| Bard Perform: 15/15 | Conditions: None | Active effects:

A beautiful half-elf woman with long, dark red hair and deep brown eyes catches everyone's attention as she walks into the room. She is tall, slender, and graceful in her movements.

Her armor, dyed blue and with gold trim, seems to be entirely made of very fine silk. She carries a rapier on one hip, wears a cestus on one hand and a shortbow and quiver upon her back. Doves are etched on many of her items as well as an angelic ankh, the holy symbol of Sarenrae, proudly displayed upon her chest.

With a warm smile and an angelic voice, she addresses the other pathfinders in attendance.

"Well met friends. It is my deep honor to meet you all. My name is Veres Sol."

She offers a deep bow before diving into the hours of paperwork planned for the day.

When the raven bursts through the window, Vere's immediately draws her bow and quickly nocks an arrow. Once the commotion settles, she thinks on what the Venture Captain is asking of them...

Assuming this is a "pick just one knowledge and roll" situation for each check, that's what I did, but if I can roll all appropriate Knowledges, then I will include those in a spoiler below.

Know. Local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Know. Engineering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Additional Knowledge checks if appropriate:
Know. Nobility: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Know. Geography: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Relaxing a bit and stowing her bow, Veres looks to the assembled pathfinfinders and says in her melodic voice, "I know a little about the Blakros family and their museum. The family is a noble household of traders and artifact hunters. They marry nobles from all over the world, and use those contacts to bring in amazing treasures unseen anywhere else in Absalom. Nigel Aldain, the curator, married into the family some time ago."

After a brief pause she continues, "I know the family bought the museum from a wizard’s estate after he died. It’s been closed for the past few weeks, but not many people have noticed, mostly because accidents and strange events happen so often that it’s usually closed for “renovations” or “cleaning,” causing many people to avoid it."

Dark Archive

Half-Orc Barbarian 2 Oracle 2 HP:35/35 | AC:12 T:8 FF:12 Mage Armor DR1/- | CMB:5 CMD:16 | Saves F:+5 R:-1 W:+4 | Init:-2 | Per:+1 | Rage:1/7 | Spells 1: 1/5 Cha -2, Con -1

The unusually well dressed, in fine clothes nonetheless, and pale skinned half orc greets Veres by offering to kiss her hand, as a gentleman would. He walks with a little crookedness in his steps.

"Where are my manners my lady! It seems we have not yet made acquaintances. The pleasure would be mine. I am Brayne, and these would be the other esteemed agents, strong arm Kulga and over-studious Garduk." He speaks delightfully and points out the rest of the crew.

After acquaintances are made, Brayne vaguely recalls the details of their last expedition to the museum. "Ah, the Blakros daughters. How could I forget." He comments with a twinkle in his eyes.

Dark Archive

M Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) | Arcanist (occultist) 3 | HP: 17/17 | *AC:20 T:12 FF:18 | CMB:+0 CMD:13 | F:+2 (*+5 alc vs poison) R:+4 W:+4 | Init:+4 | Per:+1, SM: +0 | Speed 30'/20' | *Active: Mage Armor, Shield, End. Elem., antitoxin | Arc Res 0/6 |
Spells Memorized:
Spells - lvl 1, 2/5: Color Spray (DC 15), Grease (DC 16), Magic Missile (DC 16); lvl 0: detect magic, disrupt undead, message, prestidigitation, read magic

Knowledge (Geography): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Garduk grunts, and raises a hand to the newcomer in greeting. He grimaces, the thick scars on his cheeks twisting what might have been intended as a friendly smile. "Not sure anyone has ever called me over-studious before."

When the metal raven crashes in, Garduk pushes back from the table in surprise. As it begins to speak, though, the arcanist circles the table slowly, staring at the thing - Is it a construct? perhaps an extraplanar mockingbird, summoned to deliver the dying man's message? - with an inquisitive (and possibly acquisitive) gleam in his eyes.

The voice of the Venture Captain focuses Garduk on what the bird is saying, beyond the fact of it speaking at all.

"Numeria?" The scrawny half-orc scratches his neck, for a moment looking once again like the runaway apprentice he had been when he and Kulga first started adventuring together. "Haven't read much about it, but from what I remember, it's ruled by a barbarian king and his army of mages. Thousands of years ago, something or somethings fell from the sky there, and have left the land plagued by weird monsters and hazards, like poisons."

Garduk asks Dreng, "Who are the 'Men in Black'? Why would they rob the museum? Are they from the Onyx Alliance again?"

Silver Crusade

Dreng gives Kulga a knowing smile, Numerian artifacts I think. Then turning toward Garduk, Onyx Alliance, sounds possible, I guess Nigel will be able to tell you more if he lives. With that Dreng rushes you out the door.

Just as you are about to exit the Grand Lodge, an out of breath young man catches up with you and hands Brayne a note, looking to Garduk as well, It's for you too. He races off.

handout and map

You head off reaching the museum. The dark, blocky architecture of the Blakros Museum squats stubbornly between the more impressive government buildings of the Wise Quarter. One of the older buildings in Absalom, it remains unchanged and lacks the ornamentation of its newer neighbors. Imposing statues of armored men flank the entrance ahead, one partially obscured by a half fallen banner reading “Grand New Exhibition!” A blue flicker intermittently tints the dark windows, casting long, dull shadows over the groomed gardens and fountain. A crumpled figure in bloodstained robes lies against the fountain’s edge.

Sovereign Court

Female Dwarf Slayer 5| HP 49/49 | AC 21(22), T 12, FF 19 CMD 20 | F +7(10), R +7(10), W +4(7) | Init +2 | Perc +10 | SM +10

Kulga scowls at the half-elf. Probably. Her face looks like that a lot anyways.

At least this one knows something, she holds out a gauntleted hand to the Sarenrite, Kulga Gruenakslag.

At the museum

Kulga hastens over to the crumpled figure. Maybe they can tell us what's going on.

Are they at the fountain across the museum from the grand entrance?

Silver Crusade

@Kulga - Actually in the garden in behind...dropped you at the door, but you are out back. I moved the tokens.

The slumped figure raises its head and waves at you weakly, stammering.

Keep your heads down fools! They could be anywhere!

It's Nigel alright, as you approach he begins sputtering, Are you Pathfinders? Did Dreng send you? It was... it was... it was in no way my fault! We took every precaution! Tomorrow was going to be such an event, unveiling the new museum, and absolutely nothing could go wrong! I personally inspected every artifact that came in, as both a scholar and a wizard. Everything was harmless as a newborn lamb! And anything the least bit suspicious went right into the lockbox! We even made sure those bizarre “robots” of theirs were neutralized!

After this exertion, he starts to faint.

Sovereign Court

Female Dwarf Slayer 5| HP 49/49 | AC 21(22), T 12, FF 19 CMD 20 | F +7(10), R +7(10), W +4(7) | Init +2 | Perc +10 | SM +10

Kulga continues scowling and hands a simple yew wand to Brayne. We need him awake.

Dark Archive

M Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) | Arcanist (occultist) 3 | HP: 17/17 | *AC:20 T:12 FF:18 | CMB:+0 CMD:13 | F:+2 (*+5 alc vs poison) R:+4 W:+4 | Init:+4 | Per:+1, SM: +0 | Speed 30'/20' | *Active: Mage Armor, Shield, End. Elem., antitoxin | Arc Res 0/6 |
Spells Memorized:
Spells - lvl 1, 2/5: Color Spray (DC 15), Grease (DC 16), Magic Missile (DC 16); lvl 0: detect magic, disrupt undead, message, prestidigitation, read magic

As Nigel slips out of consciousness, Garduk grabs him by the shoulder. "Robots? What are robots? And if everything was harmless, what was suspicious enough to put in a lockbox? And who are the Men in Black? Is this about the Shadow Plane version of the museum again?"

Realizing the futility of shouting questions at the unconscious man, Garduk lets the museum director slump to the ground.

What in the Abyss could could this man have on Dreng?

Garduk looks up at the museum anxiously. "Kulga, you smashed that dinosaur skeleton to bits, didn't you? Beyond repair?"

To Veres, he adds, "We were here once before. It was ... interesting."

Dark Archive

Half-Orc Barbarian 2 Oracle 2 HP:35/35 | AC:12 T:8 FF:12 Mage Armor DR1/- | CMB:5 CMD:16 | Saves F:+5 R:-1 W:+4 | Init:-2 | Per:+1 | Rage:1/7 | Spells 1: 1/5 Cha -2, Con -1

Brayne looks at Kulga, the wand, and that at the unconscious Nigel, now lying on the floor, momentarily. "Oh..right." As he taps his head with a little flicker until he regains consciousness.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

"Let us hope these robots are worth our time! Perhaps a magical artefact of sorts?" Brayne's curiosity peaks.

Sovereign Court

Female Dwarf Slayer 5| HP 49/49 | AC 21(22), T 12, FF 19 CMD 20 | F +7(10), R +7(10), W +4(7) | Init +2 | Perc +10 | SM +10

There's always more skeletons, Garduk.

Dark Archive

M Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) | Arcanist (occultist) 3 | HP: 17/17 | *AC:20 T:12 FF:18 | CMB:+0 CMD:13 | F:+2 (*+5 alc vs poison) R:+4 W:+4 | Init:+4 | Per:+1, SM: +0 | Speed 30'/20' | *Active: Mage Armor, Shield, End. Elem., antitoxin | Arc Res 0/6 |
Spells Memorized:
Spells - lvl 1, 2/5: Color Spray (DC 15), Grease (DC 16), Magic Missile (DC 16); lvl 0: detect magic, disrupt undead, message, prestidigitation, read magic

Garduk sighs. "Sure seems that way. Honestly, I don't understand why cremation isn't more popular. If not mandatory."

Dark Archive

Half-Orc Barbarian 2 Oracle 2 HP:35/35 | AC:12 T:8 FF:12 Mage Armor DR1/- | CMB:5 CMD:16 | Saves F:+5 R:-1 W:+4 | Init:-2 | Per:+1 | Rage:1/7 | Spells 1: 1/5 Cha -2, Con -1

Brayne gives off a light hearted chuckle.

Silver Crusade

Brayne's wand of Cure light wounds restores him to consciousness.

At which he immediately begins in again, It was those vile cultists! They struck in the night like cowards! Oh, Abadar preserve my poor staff! None of us know how to fight. I went to find help and those Numerian monsters shot me in the back! I blacked out. Thought I’d gone on to the Boneyard, but when I awoke I called for assistance. I don’t know how many of my workers are still alive! Pendleton was in there! You have to do something. They could destroy the entire museum! Half of that exhibit belongs to you people!

Feel free to question him.

Dark Archive

M Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) | Arcanist (occultist) 3 | HP: 17/17 | *AC:20 T:12 FF:18 | CMB:+0 CMD:13 | F:+2 (*+5 alc vs poison) R:+4 W:+4 | Init:+4 | Per:+1, SM: +0 | Speed 30'/20' | *Active: Mage Armor, Shield, End. Elem., antitoxin | Arc Res 0/6 |
Spells Memorized:
Spells - lvl 1, 2/5: Color Spray (DC 15), Grease (DC 16), Magic Missile (DC 16); lvl 0: detect magic, disrupt undead, message, prestidigitation, read magic

Garduk barks his questions at Nigel. "Who are these cultists? Did they tell you what they wanted? Have you seen them before? Who is Pendleton? What is a 'robot,' and how do you neutralize them? What did you put in the lockbox?"

He pauses to take a breath, then adds, "And how did you get that metal bird to fly? And talk?"

Dark Archive

Half-Orc Barbarian 2 Oracle 2 HP:35/35 | AC:12 T:8 FF:12 Mage Armor DR1/- | CMB:5 CMD:16 | Saves F:+5 R:-1 W:+4 | Init:-2 | Per:+1 | Rage:1/7 | Spells 1: 1/5 Cha -2, Con -1

Brayne attempts to calm the man down as Garduk rigorously questions him,"Leave it to us my dear Nigel. We shall ensure the safety of Pendleton and the artefacts to the best of our ability. But first, do answer my dear friends question."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Sovereign Court

Female Dwarf Slayer 5| HP 49/49 | AC 21(22), T 12, FF 19 CMD 20 | F +7(10), R +7(10), W +4(7) | Init +2 | Perc +10 | SM +10

Kulga opens her mouth to interrogate Nigel, but ends up nodding along with Garduk's questions instead. She adds one more of her own, What's in there that we should under no circumstances break?

Silver Crusade

Nigel looks exacerbated at the question barrage, but nevertheless tries to answer.

Well, I believe they are called the Technic League, some secret society out of Numeria. Clearly they did not like my acquisition of their artifacts. I assure you, almost no one told me how fanatically devoted they were to keeping their technology a secret. They didn't say and no I hadn't!

He pause before continuing, Pendleton is my nephew—my wife’s sister’s middle son. Nice enough lad. Head in the clouds. Dhrami thought a season or two working in the museum might teach him a bit about foreign cultures before they actually let him roam the world and embarrass us all abroad.

A robot is one of those Numerian machines, sort of a golem, but it runs on lightning and needs little nodules in its head to think and obey. So we pulled those nodules out and threw them in the "hazard crate. Another gadget from Numeria, a large metal box painted in black and yellow. Doesn’t affect most magic, but it shuts down any Numerian relics placed inside.

The bird another little Numerian piece, never thought it would be so handy.

Then looking to Kulga, Well try not to break ANYTHING! If you can help it. He says resigned to the fact that things are bound to get broken.

Sovereign Court

Female Dwarf Slayer 5| HP 49/49 | AC 21(22), T 12, FF 19 CMD 20 | F +7(10), R +7(10), W +4(7) | Init +2 | Perc +10 | SM +10

Kulga gives the half-elf a nasty grin, Nigel, we're Pathfinders. When's the last time you saw Pathfinders wreak indiscriminate havoc?

She hefts her axe to her shoulder, Ready?

Dark Archive

Half-Orc Barbarian 2 Oracle 2 HP:35/35 | AC:12 T:8 FF:12 Mage Armor DR1/- | CMB:5 CMD:16 | Saves F:+5 R:-1 W:+4 | Init:-2 | Per:+1 | Rage:1/7 | Spells 1: 1/5 Cha -2, Con -1

Brayne nods his head in confidence, attempting to assure Nigel. "Yes, we must make haste! After you Kulga, of course." Brayne does a little bow to offer Kulga the frontline. "So which way is the best way in?"

Sovereign Court

Female Dwarf Slayer 5| HP 49/49 | AC 21(22), T 12, FF 19 CMD 20 | F +7(10), R +7(10), W +4(7) | Init +2 | Perc +10 | SM +10

The front door seems simple enough to me.

Dark Archive

Half-Orc Barbarian 2 Oracle 2 HP:35/35 | AC:12 T:8 FF:12 Mage Armor DR1/- | CMB:5 CMD:16 | Saves F:+5 R:-1 W:+4 | Init:-2 | Per:+1 | Rage:1/7 | Spells 1: 1/5 Cha -2, Con -1

"I was actually asking Nigel, but I suppose that works."

If nothing else, front door it is.

Dark Archive

M Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) | Arcanist (occultist) 3 | HP: 17/17 | *AC:20 T:12 FF:18 | CMB:+0 CMD:13 | F:+2 (*+5 alc vs poison) R:+4 W:+4 | Init:+4 | Per:+1, SM: +0 | Speed 30'/20' | *Active: Mage Armor, Shield, End. Elem., antitoxin | Arc Res 0/6 |
Spells Memorized:
Spells - lvl 1, 2/5: Color Spray (DC 15), Grease (DC 16), Magic Missile (DC 16); lvl 0: detect magic, disrupt undead, message, prestidigitation, read magic

"Fine with me. Just give me a moment first - I want to try something new."

Garduk pulls a scroll from one of the boxes he carries in his pack and quickly reads it aloud. As he finishes, his eyes flare briefly with a violet light before dimming to their usual dark green.

Heightened awareness:
Level 1
Duration: 10 minutes
You enter a heightened state of awareness that allows you to notice more about your surroundings and recall information effortlessly. You gain a +2 competence bonus on Perception checks and on all Knowledge checks that you are trained in.

If this spell is active when you have to make an initiative check, you can instantly dismiss this spell and gain a +4 bonus on that check.

Garduk also taps himself with his wand of mage armor; a soft white glow rises up from his feet to cover his entire body before fading into invisibility.

"How about you, Veres - are you ready?"

He eyes the bard's silk armor skeptically. My jacket looks like it provides better protection than what she's wearing.

"Do you want to use my wand? It creates a magical armor for an hour."

Grand Lodge

NG half-elf Bard 3 | HP 24/24 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 CMD: 13 | F+2 R+5 W+4*(+2 vs enchant,+1 morale vs charm/fear,+4 vs bard,lang dependent, sonic)| Init +2 | Perc +6, SM+10| Speed 30| Bard Perform: 15/15 | Conditions: None | Active effects:

"I am ready Garduk. Thank you. I have just been quiet, so as not to overwhelm poor Nigel." Veres says politely.

With a wry grin she continues, "The wand isn't necessary, as my armor is stronger than it seems, but it is welcome and would enhance my protection. Thank you for offering."

Accepting the magic armor, Veres stands ready to venture forth.

The wand would bump her up by +1, and if you really don't mind, I will take the charge, thank you. Best to be as safe as possible. Her new AC will be 16(T12/FF14), and I will adjust her stat bar when I can.

Dark Archive

M Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) | Arcanist (occultist) 3 | HP: 17/17 | *AC:20 T:12 FF:18 | CMB:+0 CMD:13 | F:+2 (*+5 alc vs poison) R:+4 W:+4 | Init:+4 | Per:+1, SM: +0 | Speed 30'/20' | *Active: Mage Armor, Shield, End. Elem., antitoxin | Arc Res 0/6 |
Spells Memorized:
Spells - lvl 1, 2/5: Color Spray (DC 15), Grease (DC 16), Magic Missile (DC 16); lvl 0: detect magic, disrupt undead, message, prestidigitation, read magic

Of course - I don't mind at all.

Despite the bard's assurances, Garduk is relieved that she will accept his aid. He taps her with the wand; Veres is engulfed by the white light, fading already as they move towards the entrance to the museum.

Silver Crusade

You head to the front doors, once open you find that an electric tang overpowers the room’s scent of polish and wax. Walls and pillars of hewn black stone support the heavy ceiling overhead and a lattice of lamps burning with a steady, white flame. Dozens of paintings, both stunning and lackluster, line the walls just beyond the museum’s grand doors. Various statues stand against the walls, while a towering bronze figure, arm outstretched with waves parting beneath him, almost scrapes the fifteen-foot ceiling at the chamber’s far end.

Doors to the west are delicately labeled “Facilities,” while a sign over the double doors across the gallery boasts “Histories of the World.” Two sets of double-doors stand at the room’s north end, barely ajar. A banner hanging overhead proclaims “Secret Sorceries of a Savage Land,” while a more subdued sign below that reads “Grand Exhibition Hall.”

The towering bronze figure is clearly of Arodan raising the isle of Kortos from the sea.

DC 15 Perception or Survival:

A trail of blood spatters leading from the the northern doors to the front doors clearly shows Aldain’s path of flight.

Two of the statues seem to be moving slowly. One of them calls out, Desist all trespassing, in broken sounding common.

Map

Sovereign Court

Female Dwarf Slayer 5| HP 49/49 | AC 21(22), T 12, FF 19 CMD 20 | F +7(10), R +7(10), W +4(7) | Init +2 | Perc +10 | SM +10

Don't worry, Nigel's invited us.

Dark Archive

Half-Orc Barbarian 2 Oracle 2 HP:35/35 | AC:12 T:8 FF:12 Mage Armor DR1/- | CMB:5 CMD:16 | Saves F:+5 R:-1 W:+4 | Init:-2 | Per:+1 | Rage:1/7 | Spells 1: 1/5 Cha -2, Con -1

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Brayne eyes curiously the sign depicting secret sorceries, and nods to himself. Watching the creatures make their slow approach, he decides to see if they can be reasoned with.

"It is as Kulga say, I see no trespasses here. We are here merely to inspect, and ensure all is good. I trust that you would abide and let us do the job designated and assigned to us?" However, he sounds less than convincing as his thoughts are being carried away by secret sorceries.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12Hmmm.

Dark Archive

M Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) | Arcanist (occultist) 3 | HP: 17/17 | *AC:20 T:12 FF:18 | CMB:+0 CMD:13 | F:+2 (*+5 alc vs poison) R:+4 W:+4 | Init:+4 | Per:+1, SM: +0 | Speed 30'/20' | *Active: Mage Armor, Shield, End. Elem., antitoxin | Arc Res 0/6 |
Spells Memorized:
Spells - lvl 1, 2/5: Color Spray (DC 15), Grease (DC 16), Magic Missile (DC 16); lvl 0: detect magic, disrupt undead, message, prestidigitation, read magic

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Garduk misses whatever subtleties there may be in the entrance hall, distracted like Brayne by the promise of "Secret Sorceries" and by the Cyclopean golems with their single glowing eyes.

Golems? Didn't Nigel say that "robots" were like golems?

"Right! We are definitely not trespassing. We were invited. By the museum director. And while we're on the subject of who we all are, you two are robots, is that the correct term?"

Grand Lodge

NG half-elf Bard 3 | HP 24/24 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 CMD: 13 | F+2 R+5 W+4*(+2 vs enchant,+1 morale vs charm/fear,+4 vs bard,lang dependent, sonic)| Init +2 | Perc +6, SM+10| Speed 30| Bard Perform: 15/15 | Conditions: None | Active effects:

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Veres taps Garduk on the shoulder and points out the trail of blood spatters leading from the the northern doors to the front doors. She quietly mentions, "That must be from Nigel."

As soon as the robots speak, she says to the team, "Nigel said he rendered them inoperative, but if they are speaking, someone must have fixed them. I doubt they will recognize Nigel's authority."

She takes a small bag of resin from her belt, just in case.

Dark Archive

M Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) | Arcanist (occultist) 3 | HP: 17/17 | *AC:20 T:12 FF:18 | CMB:+0 CMD:13 | F:+2 (*+5 alc vs poison) R:+4 W:+4 | Init:+4 | Per:+1, SM: +0 | Speed 30'/20' | *Active: Mage Armor, Shield, End. Elem., antitoxin | Arc Res 0/6 |
Spells Memorized:
Spells - lvl 1, 2/5: Color Spray (DC 15), Grease (DC 16), Magic Missile (DC 16); lvl 0: detect magic, disrupt undead, message, prestidigitation, read magic

Garduk smiles sheepishly.

"Right, right. Normally I wouldn't have missed the obvious trail of blood. That sort of thing stands out in a museum."

Garduk tries to remember anything he knows about golems, in case these "robots" share some of their attributes.

Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Silver Crusade

Rolls:

Initiative
Brayne: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1
Garduk: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 4 = 19
Kulga: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Veres: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Gearsman: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Any mention of Nigel or proper authority seems to be ignored by the 'robots'.

All trespassers must be eliminate if they do not obey.

Garduk does recall and obscure text he look at once that talk about different types of golems and clockworks, there was a very short chapter on Numerian 'robots' and a sketch, that looks similar to what you see here. As he recalls they were referred to as Gearsman Robots.

Garduk you get one question.

Moments later they electrify there spears, which begin to crackle; this seems to be an act of aggression. With heightened senses Garduk is first to react, along with Kulga who seemed to expect a fight.

Round 1
map

Garduk
Kulga

Gearsman
Veres
Brayne

Garduk and Kulga are up

Dark Archive

M Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) | Arcanist (occultist) 3 | HP: 17/17 | *AC:20 T:12 FF:18 | CMB:+0 CMD:13 | F:+2 (*+5 alc vs poison) R:+4 W:+4 | Init:+4 | Per:+1, SM: +0 | Speed 30'/20' | *Active: Mage Armor, Shield, End. Elem., antitoxin | Arc Res 0/6 |
Spells Memorized:
Spells - lvl 1, 2/5: Color Spray (DC 15), Grease (DC 16), Magic Missile (DC 16); lvl 0: detect magic, disrupt undead, message, prestidigitation, read magic

Hmmm. Immunities/resistances?

Sovereign Court

Female Dwarf Slayer 5| HP 49/49 | AC 21(22), T 12, FF 19 CMD 20 | F +7(10), R +7(10), W +4(7) | Init +2 | Perc +10 | SM +10

Kulga launches herself forward, axe swinging in a wide arc at the off balance gearsman! Blue

Waraxe (PA, Charge): 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 - 2 + 2 = 27
Magic Slashing (PA, Study, Sneak): 1d10 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 4 + 2 + (6) = 19

Silver Crusade

Immunities - construct traits

Dark Archive

M Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) | Arcanist (occultist) 3 | HP: 17/17 | *AC:20 T:12 FF:18 | CMB:+0 CMD:13 | F:+2 (*+5 alc vs poison) R:+4 W:+4 | Init:+4 | Per:+1, SM: +0 | Speed 30'/20' | *Active: Mage Armor, Shield, End. Elem., antitoxin | Arc Res 0/6 |
Spells Memorized:
Spells - lvl 1, 2/5: Color Spray (DC 15), Grease (DC 16), Magic Missile (DC 16); lvl 0: detect magic, disrupt undead, message, prestidigitation, read magic

Garduk steps into the hall, opposite the other (purple) robot.

"By the unblinking Eye, you are an incredible piece of work. I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to taking you apart to work out how you were built."

He pauses for a moment.

"After we finish the job here, I mean.". Sigh.

Garduk barks out a phrase that crackles with arcane power, and rubs a small bit of wax paper smeared with butter between the thumb and index finger of one hand. The floor around the animatronic guardian glistens with slippery grease.

Grease - area outlined in red - DC 16 Reflex save to avoid falling; if successful, DC 10 Acrobatics check to move through an affected square at half speed.

Silver Crusade

Rolls:

Purple DC 16 Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Purple, low: 1d100 ⇒ 75
Blue, low: 1d100 ⇒ 64

Purple DC 10 Acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Blue mwk spear + PA: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 10 - 2 = 13
damage + electricity: 1d8 + 5 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 6 + (3) = 22

Garduk lays down a layer of grease, the robot manages to barely stay on its feet. As Kulga rushes forward landing a solid hit on the other gearsman, but find cutting through the construct to be very difficult.

The gearsman in the grease tries to move through it and manages to move slowly, until it is out of the grease and then move a little faster toward Garduk double move

The other one takes a retaliatory swing at Kulga, but its crackling spear misses the dwarven princess.

Round 1
map

Gearsman, Blue 9 dmg
Gearsman, Purple
Veres
Brayne

Round 2
Garduk
Kulga

Pathfinders are up!

Sovereign Court

Female Dwarf Slayer 5| HP 49/49 | AC 21(22), T 12, FF 19 CMD 20 | F +7(10), R +7(10), W +4(7) | Init +2 | Perc +10 | SM +10

Her brow knit with concentration, Kulga continues to jab and test the strange golem, hoping to pin it against the wall for her to dismantle at her leisure.

Shield Slam (Studied): 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 2 = 21 Bull Rush on hit vs. CMD. Kulga will follow via 5' step if appropirate; if its CMD is beaten by 5+, it's knocked prone against the wall
Magic Piercing: 1d4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9
Waraxe(PA, Studied): 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 - 2 + 2 = 25
Magic Slashing: 1d10 + 5 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 4 + 2 = 16

Grand Lodge

NG half-elf Bard 3 | HP 24/24 | AC:15 T:12 FF:13 CMD: 13 | F+2 R+5 W+4*(+2 vs enchant,+1 morale vs charm/fear,+4 vs bard,lang dependent, sonic)| Init +2 | Perc +6, SM+10| Speed 30| Bard Perform: 15/15 | Conditions: None | Active effects:

Veres steps forward and begins to sing, her voice strong and filled with confidence. The uplifting words inspire courage to all of her allies that can hear her.

Inspire Courage:+1 competence bonus to hit and damage, and +1 morale to saves vs. charm and fear effects. Since this comes into effect on round 1, Kulga's action on round two gets the bonuses added to her actions. :)

know arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 Special defenses, and special abilities if I get a second question. Veres will work the answers into her song.

Sovereign Court

Female Dwarf Slayer 5| HP 49/49 | AC 21(22), T 12, FF 19 CMD 20 | F +7(10), R +7(10), W +4(7) | Init +2 | Perc +10 | SM +10

<3 Bards

Dark Archive

Half-Orc Barbarian 2 Oracle 2 HP:35/35 | AC:12 T:8 FF:12 Mage Armor DR1/- | CMB:5 CMD:16 | Saves F:+5 R:-1 W:+4 | Init:-2 | Per:+1 | Rage:1/7 | Spells 1: 1/5 Cha -2, Con -1

Realising that his mind tricks will likely not work against these golems from Veres song and Garduk's knowledge, Brayne sighs as he resorts to his inner beast.

As he steps forward, his figure transforms once more into the somewhat monstrous form as his eyes turn a deep black and his fingers grow large claws. He loses all logical thinking and embraces the darkness as he pounces himself on the nearest creature. "Help... Gardukkk...."

Bite, Rage, Furious Amulet of Mighty Fist, PA, Inspire: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 + 2 - 1 + 1 = 11B/P/S/Magic+2: 1d4 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 13
Claw, R, FAMF, PA, IC: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 2 + 2 - 1 + 1 = 22B/S/Magic+2: 1d6 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 12
Claw, R, FAMF, PA, IC: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 2 + 2 - 1 + 1 = 18B/S/Magic+2: 1d6 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 14

Free action to Rage, 5 ft, and Full round attack!

1 to 50 of 382 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chaosorbit's PFS #6:02: The Silver Mount Collection All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.