Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Cele's Jade Regent

Game Master Celestine8


301 to 350 of 1,163 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

female DM

To clarify, Sienna, you can see that the undead left the same way they entered


HP 27/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +10, W +2; bab: 3; melee 4(+8), ranged +8; CMB 4, CMD 19; speed 30; init +5, Kitsune Rogue/4
skills:
acrobatics 15, bluff 8, climb 6, diplomacy 7, disable 12, escape artist 6, perception 11, perform: comedy 6, craft: carpentry 5, sleight of hand 12, stealth 12, knowledge: local 8

That's odd... these undead creatures are wearing Minkaian armor and weapons... old and nearly useless armor and weapons, but still of Minkaian style and make. How did they get here, so far from home?"


female DM

Hijiro's perception?


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

Balthazar whispers to the others. "Watch out. The surviving goblins are trying to flanks us, I think they mean to attack."

Are we in the open, vulnerable to ranged attacks? Is there any cover nearby?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Goblin Paladin 2 HP 20/22, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +6 R +5 W +4, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

"From what, from where? What's that mean? They can't be your kind, those are human skulls."
At Balthazar's comment. "Bother!
Intimidate 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5, Bah! not scarey.
Irnk bellows something In Goblin

Spoiler:
"Be you sneaks or be you fools, take one more step & you will lose!"


female DM

Man, next time I'm scanning the map and drawing on it or something. Yes, there is a fairly large, unoccupied building next to you, just ten feet away from the approaching goblins on your left. Right offers nothing defensible. The village is built five feet above the ground, with the guard towers reaching ten feet, but no one appears to be in one. Should I be DMPCing Kravo or no? And it's Initiative time!


HP 27/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +10, W +2; bab: 3; melee 4(+8), ranged +8; CMB 4, CMD 19; speed 30; init +5, Kitsune Rogue/4
skills:
acrobatics 15, bluff 8, climb 6, diplomacy 7, disable 12, escape artist 6, perception 11, perform: comedy 6, craft: carpentry 5, sleight of hand 12, stealth 12, knowledge: local 8

perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Balthazar tightens the grip on his weapon, ready to fight.


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

Well Kravo might be off an a busy streak again, as that's what happened last time he didn't post for a while. Unfortunately I doubt none of us have a way of contacting him except through forums. So yea I suggest for now DMPC him.

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


Male Goblin Paladin 2 HP 20/22, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +6 R +5 W +4, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20, Oh Now I get an initiative that's worth a damn!


female DM

Totally understandable. I'll handle him and the goblins, then and have him do things that he has as skills

Licktoad Tribe 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Kravo 1d20 ⇒ 5


female DM

Hijiro's Initiative= 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

The goblins on the left wriggle out from under the boardwalk and charge towards your group, dogslicers drawn and screaming, bloodthirsty gleams in their beady red eyes. up from prone, moveThe goblins on the right scuttle over to you, two of them manage to move right up to Sienna and Balthazar, swinging their dogslicers.

goblin vs Sienna 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

goblin vs Balthazar 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Sienna, you're up!


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

"Ahhh damn it." Sienna moves back to avoid getting hit 5 foot step , then casts Obscuring mists.


HP 27/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +10, W +2; bab: 3; melee 4(+8), ranged +8; CMB 4, CMD 19; speed 30; init +5, Kitsune Rogue/4
skills:
acrobatics 15, bluff 8, climb 6, diplomacy 7, disable 12, escape artist 6, perception 11, perform: comedy 6, craft: carpentry 5, sleight of hand 12, stealth 12, knowledge: local 8

Hijiro moves to get flankk on the goblin attacking Balthazar (if possible without getting aoo'd), and attacks,( with or without the flank).

to hit 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

dmg if hits 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

flank dmg if applies 1d6 ⇒ 1

to confirm 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

addl dmg if crits 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


female DM

You can't get the flank without provoking, but can attack without provoking. Critical hit landed, though!

The goblin visibly reels from the hit, profusely bleeding from his wounds Staggered

Irnk!


Male Goblin Paladin 2 HP 20/22, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +6 R +5 W +4, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

As Obscuring Mists will likely impede Irnk's shooting as well as the Licktoads; he will drop his bow & draw his Dogslicer, charging the Goblin who attacked Sienna.
Charge 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15, damage if it hits 1d4 ⇒ 3


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

Balthazar attacks the staggered goblin.

Obscuring mist miss chance 1 (21 or higher to hit) 1d100 ⇒ 20
Flurry of blows (nunchaku) 1 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Obscuring mist miss chance 2 (21 or higher to hit) 1d100 ⇒ 91
Flurry of blows (nunchaku) 2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

not even going to roll the damage


female DM

Eep, forgot the miss chance on melee. Sorry! Irnk misses and Balthazar does, too!

Kravo attacks a goblin 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
to confirm 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
damage 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Kravo cuts a goblin down.Three goblins from the right and two from the right, flee in terror from the strange fog, afraid to breathe it in. The staggered goblin is one of the five that leave and cannot make a retreat action, so he provokes AOO from Hijiro and Balthazar The remainder stand their ground and attack.

1d100 ⇒ 21
1d100 ⇒ 27
1d100 ⇒ 25
1d100 ⇒ 95

Goblin #1 attacks Irnk 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Goblin#2 tries to grapple Sienna 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8

Goblin #3 tries to trip Hijiro 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11

Goblin #4 tries to attack Balthazar 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

Edit: Sorry forgot checks based on CMD in PF, need to get out of 3.5 mentality.
Edit 2: Ok back to the top, apparently the grapple didn't land after all back to the original action, that still likely misses.

Sienna takes a 5 foot step away from the goblin that tried to grapple here that tries to hit him with a storm blast.

1d100 ⇒ 63

Storm blast, touch AC: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Damage if it hits: 1d6 ⇒ 1 and it takes -2 to hit for the next round.

3 Uses left

Also, how did Goblin attempt to confirm on a 12? That is some threat range!


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

Balthazar's AoO 1d100 ⇒ 28/1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Really hard to combine two good attack rolls... :P


female DM

Oh... I could have sworn... that's weird. Fixed. Also, that grapple doesn't meet or beat your CMD. You're good!


female DM

Due to massive GM failure, Hijiro and Sienna are too hurt. Take off two damage from each of the goblins.


female DM

This week has GOT to get better. Going for Hijiro!

Hijiro tries for the OoC

1d100 ⇒ 80
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

The feebly escaping goblin goes down.

[Sienna!


Male Goblin Paladin 2 HP 20/22, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +6 R +5 W +4, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

Quick question: How many Goblins are/were there? I will accept as answers 'You can't tell', 'More than you all', 'At least twice your numbers', etc...


female DM

There were ten. Five on each side. But there are probably more. Right now, you're dealing with four immediately around you and four that managed to run off, at least for the time being


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

Sienna draws a sling out of her pack then sets up defensively.

Move action: Draw sling. Standard action: Total defence action, +4 to AC.


Male Goblin Paladin 2 HP 20/22, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +6 R +5 W +4, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

In the hopes this will help speed things up, here is my action.
Attack Goblin #1 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10, miss chance 1d100 ⇒ 14, if it hits 1d4 ⇒ 2.

There is an emphatic swoosh from Irnk's direction & renewed loud expletives in Goblin.


female DM

Hijiro takes a five foot step, making it so next round, he can step again for a flank with Balthazar or Sienna. He attacks a goblin in front of Sienna. A crit landed! A real one this time!

1d100 ⇒ 98
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
to confirm 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
damage2d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 5) + 2 = 9

Hijiro plunges the blade of his rapier through the goblin that had tried to grab Sienna. The goblin shrieks and collapses at his feet. Irnk tries to attack the goblin in front of him, but is unable to make his foe out clearly enough in the mist and cleaves thin air.

Balthazar, go!


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

Balthazar steps to the side to coordinate his attacks with Hijiro, and swings the nunchaku to knock off the goblin's dogslicer and hit the small creature with a second strike.

5-foot step to get into flanking position
Flurry of blows 1 - disarm 1d100 ⇒ 82 - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Flurry of blows 2 - nunchaku 1d100 ⇒ 79 -1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Confirm critical (+1 anatomist) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Extra damage if critical confirms 1d6 ⇒ 6


female DM

Balthazar sends the weapon flying and crushes the creature's skull with his nunchaku.

Kravo moves over to one of the remaining goblins and swings his falchion and the nimble goblin dances out of reach of his blade.

1d100 ⇒ 70
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Goblins:

One tries to disarm Hijiro

1d100 ⇒ 4

One tries to attack Irnk

1d100 ⇒ 88
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

The four that managed to flee take to the walkways, running full tilt towards a building twenty feet away and begin slamming on the door, calling out in

goblin:
"Cheif Gutwad! We're under attack! Help us fight them!

Three more goblins man the walkway just ten feet from the party and five feet up, one of them with a brightly coloured tube of paper. The goblin's face splits into a manic grin as it fumbles for something in its pocket.
Goblin song:
"In the fog, our quarry hides! Fearing for their little lives! From arrows and blades, your mist conceals. But from Zarongel's flames, your flesh will peel!"

Sienna!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Goblin Paladin 2 HP 20/22, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +6 R +5 W +4, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

Not that anyone can see it in the fog but Irnk's face pales at the goblins' words.
"They are going to start throwing fire at us now!"

Goblin

Spoiler:
"Zarongel's fire may singe my friends, but from MY ire, your bones will flense!"
Intimidate 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6, just not scary...


female DM

Irnk, trying to demoralize is a standard action, you're good with that being your standard in your turn, when it comes around?


Male Goblin Paladin 2 HP 20/22, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +6 R +5 W +4, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

Considering I would hardly be any less effective than I have so far, yes. It also has the advantage that Irnk is trying to get this resolved without any more Licktoads dying...


female DM

Yeah, paladins aren't generally pro-slaughter. Works for me, just wanted to double-check


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

Sienna moves to the edge of the cloud and fires off a storm burst at one of the goblins that is on the walkway, still having partial concealment.

1d100 ⇒ 22

Ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
If it hits: 1d6 ⇒ 5 and -2 to hit for one turn.

2 more uses left.


female DM

Hijiro stabs at the goblin who tried to disarm him

1d100 ⇒ 93
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Go Balthazar!


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

Since Balthazar was flanking another goblin with Hijiro, I assume the goblin that tried to disarm Hijiro is also close.

Still hiding inside the mist, Balthazar heeds Irnk's warning about the incoming fire and tries to prepare a retreat for him and his allies. Once more, he uses his weapon to target the goblin's dogslicer and speaks to his friends "Scatter! If we remain this close, we're an easy target for the bombs!"

Standard Action: disarm goblin 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 By disarming the goblin, I want to allow Balthazar and Hijiro to walk away without provoking AaO
Move action: Balthazar walks away from the mist and looks for cover against the ranged attacks.


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

Forgot to roll the miss chance 1d100 ⇒ 73


female DM

Yeah, the goblin's not a monk. I just got and figured out Map Tools. Will hopefully be loading up a map within the next day or two

Kravo takes a step to flank Irnk's goblin and swings his falchion

1d100 ⇒ 38
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
2d4 + 5 ⇒ (2, 2) + 5 = 9

Kravo's falchion slices through the creature and it crumples to the ground, dying.

The remaining goblin flees through the front gate and the goblins pounding on the door throw up their hands and

gabble:
He's locked himself in. Vook will get them!"
begin climbing over the palasade wall. The goblin with the firework pulls out flint and steel and lights it, the wick sparking and aims at Irnk. A bright red pyrotechnic ball launches out of the tube directly at the paladin who ducks out of the way. The other two goblins giggle with wicked glee and watch the display, mesmerized.

1d100 ⇒ 31
ranged touch 1d20 ⇒ 12


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

The area the firework hit will likely burn away part of the obscuring mist within the radius of the blast of the firework. I'm not sure where we are in initiative order but my turn below.

Sienna moves out of the cloud the direction away from the fireworks wielding goblins hoping to put the cloud between her and them. Then once she is out look around for some cover and take cover behind it, one that does not currently have Balthazar behind it to spread the group out a little.

Using a double move to basically do that.


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

Initiative order: 1. Licktoad tribe (25) / 2. Sienna (21) / 3. Hijiro (20) / 4. Irnk (20) / 5. Balthazar (15) / 6. Kravo (5). It's currently Hijiro's turn.


female DM

The firework is a ranged touch attack, not an area of effect. Exactly like a Roman candle, so no worries about the mist. My bad for not queuing the initiative


female DM

Hijiro is going to follow suit with his party members, taking cover from the firework.

Irnk


Male Goblin Paladin 2 HP 20/22, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +6 R +5 W +4, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

I want to 'call out' the Chief & whoever this 'Vook' is. Can I do that while taking a Total Defense action? If so, that is what I'm doing, otherwise I am calling them out while fighting defensively. Basically I want to make it harder for the goblins shooting fireworks at us to hit me before the 'big guns' so-to-speak get here.
Goblin

Spoiler:
"Gutwad! Vook! I write your names with the letters of SHAME! You hide inside while your followers fight us in vain! Even flame fails before us to mock your claims!"

Intimidate 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17, Yes! Hopefully that will be good enough to have an effect!


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

After finding satisfactory cover, Balthazar loads his sling and attempts a shot against the wicked goblin throwing fire bombs. The strap whistles in the air while it spins, and as the monk releases one of its sides, the sling bullet flies with great strength and speed.

Ranged attack - sling 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Damage if it hits 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


female DM

Alas, Total Defense Actions are full-round actions


Male Goblin Paladin 2 HP 20/22, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +6 R +5 W +4, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

Fighting Defensively it is then. Does that mean I take a penalty to my skill roll?


female DM

Both are standard actions!


Male Goblin Paladin 2 HP 20/22, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +6 R +5 W +4, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

Crud. Just 'calling out' the Chief & the other guy then. No Fighting Defensively, I need that roll to stay where it is if it is going to have a chance of working.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
female DM

{ooc] Sure, you've called them out and are scary. One target is demoralized, but I'll RP the rest[/ooc]

The grinning goblin's eyes widen in fear seconds before a stone slams into his skull with a sickening crunch and he's sent sprawling, dropping the firework onto the walkway. Kravo moves up and swings his falchion at one of the goblins

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

The other two goblins scramble for the pyrotechnic candle. One goblin wins the candle and aims it at the hut that the goblins were calling their Chief from. The thatch roof begins burning merrily. The goblin without the firework draws his doglicer. The last two goblins snarl, but are shaking and pale, believing this to be their last moments of life.

Sienna

301 to 350 of 1,163 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Brinewall Legacy All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.