Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Cele's Jade Regent

Game Master Celestine8


151 to 200 of 1,163 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

HP 12/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +9, W +2; bab: 2; melee 3(+8), ranged +7; CMB 3, CMD 18; speed 30; init +5, perc +6 Kitsune rogue/3

sounds like a doppleganger though ic Hijiro would have no idea what that is... however, being a shapeshifter himself, would Hijiro have any idea what IS going on with Walthus not being right in his own skin? or does this seem more like an illusion? Regardless of the answer...

Hijiro quietly draws his rapier and holds it down at his side, not in a threatening manner per se, but he is now obviously armed. "I don't know what's wrong with you, but there is clearly something not right here."


female DM

It isn't, but it is something close. You would recognize it as a shapeshifter. His ability to 'meld' into his form isn't sufficient to withstand scrutiny for too long. Other players also can tell that this person is merely disguised as another person,through shapeshifting


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

"I urge you to be honest right now. Lying isn't getting you anywhere. We need accurate information, and we need to know we can trust what you tell us." Balthazar speaks in an almost paternal way.


Half-Orc Bard 1st: Savage Skald / HP *-1* of 11 / F+3.R+3.W+2 / AC 14.10.14 / Init. +0 / Perc -1

Perception 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11


1 person marked this as a favorite.
female DM

Can't see through it, Kravo. It's also time to get combat rolling. Initiative time!

The halfling snarls as he transforms into a small, wrinkled, hunchbacked creature with mottled mud-coloured flesh. Its lump of a head has no eyes or nose, only a crooked slit with a long barbed tongue that lashes and flicks from the bizarre orifice. He explodes into motion...

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


HP 12/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +9, W +2; bab: 2; melee 3(+8), ranged +7; CMB 3, CMD 18; speed 30; init +5, perc +6 Kitsune rogue/3

Hijiro jumps in surprise at the change, though in truth, he's seen shapechange before, never into anything this horrific. He brings his rapier up into a ready position and prepares for combat, looking for a good position.


HP 12/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +9, W +2; bab: 2; melee 3(+8), ranged +7; CMB 3, CMD 18; speed 30; init +5, perc +6 Kitsune rogue/3

oops forgot the init roll 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


HP 12/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +9, W +2; bab: 2; melee 3(+8), ranged +7; CMB 3, CMD 18; speed 30; init +5, perc +6 Kitsune rogue/3

btw - my 'action' above doesn't make Hijiro any less flat-footed until his init, I'm aware of that, just a little 'fluff' for color


female DM

Colourful fluff is always good. I didn't think you were telling me, btw, I'm not flat-footed


Half-Orc Bard 1st: Savage Skald / HP *-1* of 11 / F+3.R+3.W+2 / AC 14.10.14 / Init. +0 / Perc -1

Kravo's eyes open wide in astonishment at the halfling's bizarre transformation...then they narrow in anticipation of violent action.

Initiative 1d20 ⇒ 15


female DM

Wanwa'lasse's Initiative

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


1 person marked this as a favorite.
female DM

So, we're Walthus, Hijiro, Kravo, Wanwa'lasse. Sienna, Balthazar for initiative

Walthus moves and attacks Kravo and succeeds

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
1d4 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + (5, 2) = 12

The monstrosity lunges forward and slams s a deformed, mottled limb into his head, knocking him unconscious. The thing gurgles with sadistic glee and looks for its next target.

Hijiro, go!


HP 12/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +9, W +2; bab: 2; melee 3(+8), ranged +7; CMB 3, CMD 18; speed 30; init +5, perc +6 Kitsune rogue/3

ouch that hurts to have Kravo out... is there any way to maneuver and get flanking on this guy since he did have to move up close to get to Kravo?


HP 12/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +9, W +2; bab: 2; melee 3(+8), ranged +7; CMB 3, CMD 18; speed 30; init +5, perc +6 Kitsune rogue/3

well no matter actually - i'll post to hit and damage with and without flanking and let you apply as necessary


HP 12/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +9, W +2; bab: 2; melee 3(+8), ranged +7; CMB 3, CMD 18; speed 30; init +5, perc +6 Kitsune rogue/3

to hit, plus an additional 2 if flanking applies 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

additional damage if flanking applies 1d6 ⇒ 6


Half-Orc Bard 1st: Savage Skald / HP *-1* of 11 / F+3.R+3.W+2 / AC 14.10.14 / Init. +0 / Perc -1

* * * * *


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

I'll leave this here for when my initiative rolls round.

Combat turn:

Move action: Move back a little so I'm 20 feet away but can still see the creature.
Standard action: Storm burst, ranged touch attack.

Attack roll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Edit (confirming crit): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 damage doubled on a crit.
Damage roll (if hits): 1d6 ⇒ 6 This is non-lethal.

If the this attack does damage the creature has -2 to his attack rolls for one round.


female DM

Flanking definitely applies! Sorry about my absence!

The creature gives a yowl of pain, bleeding profusely and barely still on its feet.

Wanwa'lasse's turn...


female DM

Wanwa'lasse draws her bow and fires

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

And strikes the abomination for

1d8 ⇒ 2


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

Since Sienna already described her actions, it's Balthazar's turn now, right? I assume we're all standing relatively close to the shifter, so I'll a 5 foot step to close in on the shifter and then take a full attack action using flurry of blows. If not, consider just the first attack.

Balthazar steps forward and strikes repeatedly against the shifter, punching and kicking, trying to knock him down using the martial skills he spent years studying at the monastery.

Flurry of blows - strike 1 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 - Damage (nonlethal) 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Flurry of blows - strike 2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 - Damage (nonlethal) 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


female DM

First doesn't hit, but the second does. That creature is unconscious. 120 XP for all!

The shapeshifter goes limp and collapses to the ground, unconscious.


HP 12/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +9, W +2; bab: 2; melee 3(+8), ranged +7; CMB 3, CMD 18; speed 30; init +5, perc +6 Kitsune rogue/3

oh cool.. our first xp!

Hijiro kneels to examine the unconscious creature and shakes his head slowly. It might be a shapeshifter but it's nothing like me... wonder what it is... or was.

He stands up and looks at the others. "Wonder if this creature killed Walthus. He's obviously seen him or he wouldn't know how to look like him. We'd better poke around a little. But first, how's Kravo doing?"

post edited... i forgot Kravo was down


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

Sienna runs over and kneels next to Kravo. Using a cure light wounds to get her acquittance back up. "You alright there big guy?"

Cure light wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

Noticing that Kravo is tended to, Balthazar carefully steps into Walthus' home to see if there are any other dangers lurking.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


HP 12/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +9, W +2; bab: 2; melee 3(+8), ranged +7; CMB 3, CMD 18; speed 30; init +5, perc +6 Kitsune rogue/3

With Sienna tending to Kravo, Hijiro follows Balthazar into the house, so that no one is alone... there could be more of these creatures lurking, after all. Balthazar, maybe we should wait for the others... there could be more shapeshifters in the house."

perception check 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
obviously as blind as Balt. lol


female DM

Keep in mind that the creature is unconscious and not dead or dying,as the damage that took it down was non-lethal. It'll be out for an hour, though


HP 12/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +9, W +2; bab: 2; melee 3(+8), ranged +7; CMB 3, CMD 18; speed 30; init +5, perc +6 Kitsune rogue/3

Oh.. I didn't know that, I thought monks did lethal with their fists. well, obviously Hijiro doesn't know that either lol... someone else will have to coup de grace the creature I guess. I can see now that he posted he was doing non-lethal, but again, Hijiro wouldn't know that in character.


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

Balthazar is well aware of that and is taking his time, he reckons he'll have enough time to deal with the unconscious enemy.


female DM

Monks do lethal damage with fists, but may choose to take penalties to not inflict lethal damage with their fists as any class may do with any weapon


female DM

Balthazar

Walthus' home is relatively large and spacious for the dwelling of one halfling. The main room features a large wooden bench made to sit three or four smaller people and a few potted plants, one of the pots has broken all over the floor, scattering dirt and plant matter across the small room. A flight of stairs to the left leads to the upper floor and there are three doors, two on the far wall, on either side of the bench and one on a diagonal wall to the right.


HP 12/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +9, W +2; bab: 2; melee 3(+8), ranged +7; CMB 3, CMD 18; speed 30; init +5, perc +6 Kitsune rogue/3

Hijiro went with Balthazar into the house, so I assume he's seeing this too

Quietly, he speaks to Balthazar, "Looks like there was a scuffle here. I have a bad feeling about this."

He keeps his rapier out in case there are more creatures like the last one around the house.


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

Balthazar looks around and agrees with Hijiro about a struggle taking place there. "You're right, Hijiro. But the real Walthus could be behind one of these doors. Walthus?", he calls walking through the room slowly. He approaches the doors and tries to peek through the keyhole to see what lies on the other side, and presses his ear against the wood listening for noises.

Perception door 1 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Perception door 2 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Perception door 3 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


HP 12/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +9, W +2; bab: 2; melee 3(+8), ranged +7; CMB 3, CMD 18; speed 30; init +5, perc +6 Kitsune rogue/3

"True, he could be alive. WALTHUS!?!" he calls out loudly, to add to Balt's call. He pauses a moment to see if he hears a reply before moving to the center of the room, watching the stairs while Balthazar checks the doors.


Half-Orc Bard 1st: Savage Skald / HP *-1* of 11 / F+3.R+3.W+2 / AC 14.10.14 / Init. +0 / Perc -1

Holding his head in one of his huge hands, Kravo groans as the magic revives him.

What am I doing here - I don't remember drinkin' that much last night- ooow - Great Breatth of Fafnheir! - We've slept in! Get up you rotters! We've got to make it to the marsh by sunrise!


female DM

"Hello? Someone?" a desperate voice calls from upstairs, accompanied by the sound of a door opening


HP 12/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +9, W +2; bab: 2; melee 3(+8), ranged +7; CMB 3, CMD 18; speed 30; init +5, perc +6 Kitsune rogue/3

Hijiro looks up the stairs... "Walthus, is that you? It's Hijiro and others from Sandpoint, come to talk to you. Are you alright?"

When/if Walthus shows himself, Hijiro watches him very carefully for signs that it might be another shapeshifter in Walthus' form again.


female DM

Walthus breaks into a run, coming down the stairs. He sobs wrack his body when he sees Hijiro and Balthazar,"Oh.. GODS... I never thought I'd.." The hafling's emotions overwhelm him as he staggers down the stairs, his body barely able to support him and his body badly battered and bruised.


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

"Ha Ha, no you haven't slept in Kravo, just got hit really hard."
Sienna then hears the commotion in the vicinity. She gets up and holds out her hand to Kravo on the floor.

"Care to join us in figuring out what's going on?"

She will then walk to join Hijiro and Balthazar after helping Kravo up.


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

Balthazar takes pity on Walthus and wishes he could help holding the broken down halfling. He turns to Hijiro and asks "Please, help him to the bench." He calls outside "Fellows, I believe we have found Walthus."

Have we? Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


HP 12/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +9, W +2; bab: 2; melee 3(+8), ranged +7; CMB 3, CMD 18; speed 30; init +5, perc +6 Kitsune rogue/3

Hijiro watches him for signs of that rippling he'd seen before with the shapeshifter, but if none, he reaches out to catch the halfling if he stumbles or falls, helps him to the bench.

perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

"Shhh, it's all good now, we've got a healer with us... what happened to you and what was that creature we killed ok, so it's not dead, Hijiro doesn't really know that that took your form?"

He looks to the door and calls out "Sienna, we need you in here! Walthus is hurt!"

Balt., we kinda crossposted, but it's all good, neither post really negates the other and I edited mine to get Walthus to the bench.


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

Balthazar is surprised with Hijiro's statement. "No! I don't think he's dead at all. As a matter of fact, we might as well tie him up before he regains his senses," he says, picking up his rope and heading outside. "I'm going to need some assistance with that."


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

"Oh darn it all, I don't have any other healing magic prepared looks like it's old natural touch. Glad I trained under the best."

Sienna takes out her healer kit then has a look over Walfus before checking if there is anything she can do with what she's got.

"Let's see now..."

Heal: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


HP 12/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +9, W +2; bab: 2; melee 3(+8), ranged +7; CMB 3, CMD 18; speed 30; init +5, perc +6 Kitsune rogue/3

Hijiro looks surprised at Balthazar's statement. "It's not dead? I thought your final blow killed it. Tie it up? Why not just finish it off? I'm not so good at tying people.. or things.. up."

We want whoever has the best CMD to tie up the creature... I have a 14, not so great


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

On an unconscious target you use 20 + CMB as the DC set for the opponent to break if I remember correctly. So basically we need someone with a high strength mod at this point.

"Sure, sure, kill the thing that we might punch information out of? We might actually find out something if we interrogate it enough. As in why would some strange thing like that attack Walfus maybe?" Sienna replies slightly miffed with Hijiro's suggestion to kill it. As Sienna says this she doesn't look up from Walfus, concentrating on her task as if nothing was happening around her.


female DM

Hijiro and Walthus notice nothing out the ordinary about his appearance

He turns to Sienna,"Thank you, Miss Vhiski. Iomedae's mercy, that hurts!"[b] Walthus hisses through clenched teeth as she inspects and attempts to treat his wounds

Sadly, it's a DC 20 to treat deadly wounds and takes an hour. You have to take an hour but can't heal him. He's down a whole lot of Con and is at half hp. It'll take him about two weeks to recover naturally, from what Sienna can see

[b]"As far as what that thing was, I dunno. I was out in my garden, with my snakes," he nods to the door to the left," And it just attacked me. It got a few good bites in, pinned me down and drank my blood. But I got it too, with poison arrows and a few of my swamp vipers got it, too. I asked it what it wanted and it wouldn't answer."


Half-Orc Bard 1st: Savage Skald / HP *-1* of 11 / F+3.R+3.W+2 / AC 14.10.14 / Init. +0 / Perc -1

Kravo seems to have regained his bearings.

If you hit it with poison arrows and it was bitten by vipers...it might be in a weakened state...but the way it walloped me you wouldn't know it. If it regained that strength and vigor it might be a handful of a beast to deal with. I'll help tie it up...and get a good look at it..maybe it's something they've sung about in the old songs...

Bardic knowledge to identify the creature: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
.


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

I really wonder how people I've never met always know my name... must be my brother talking about me like he always does.

"I can't do much for you with a simple healers kit unfortunately, I can patch you up so you aren't falling apart but the blood loss is quite bad. Maybe if I get my mother to swing by, or you go to her, best healer in these parts after all." She says sadly.

I'm guessing I can patch him up fairly easily as taking 10 with the kit gives me 20, this should stop any bleeding/wounds opening again, though reversing Con damage is a little out of my reach right now.


HP 12/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +9, W +2; bab: 2; melee 3(+8), ranged +7; CMB 3, CMD 18; speed 30; init +5, perc +6 Kitsune rogue/3

Sorry I thought we all met the night before at the Rusty Dragon and exchanged names and such. If not, Hijiro would have just called for 'Healer'.

151 to 200 of 1,163 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Brinewall Legacy All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.