Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Cele's Jade Regent

Game Master Celestine8


101 to 150 of 1,163 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

"Alright, let's see. We get up a couple of hours sundawn and meet here at the doors of the Rusty Dragon, and then take the New Fish Trail to meet the halfling, Walthus, who shall points us the best path to the Old Fish Trail, where the goblins have supposedly made camp. Once we spot them, Hijiro scouts for traps and tricks, and once he's made it safe for the rest of us, Kravo and myself move to the front line to attack them, hopefully by surprise, while Leaf provides us cover with her arrows and Siena summons her allies and hinder their movements or eyesight using her magic. Is that it?"


HP: 10/10 AC 16/14/12: F+2, R +4, W+2, Per:+4, Init: +6

"Not the trail, the village, but that's the gist of it." Wanwa'lasse corrects Balthazar. She gives a smile feeling better about this than she had just a little while ago.

"Anyway, I'm off to bed. I'll see you a few hours before dawn."

With that, she heads to her room to check her gear one last time before going to sleep.


HP 12/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +9, W +2; bab: 2; melee 3(+8), ranged +7; CMB 3, CMD 18; speed 30; init +5, perc +6 Kitsune rogue/3

He nods to Balthazar, "Don't count me out completely in a fight, I'll be right behind you and Kravo, you know."

Hijiro watches Wanwa' leaving and shrugs slightly... "Oh, I thought we were all staying here for the night. I guess I'll go to my lodgings so I'll have my gear in the morning, and meet you all here well before dawn." He slips out of the suite and heads to his rented room. He gathers all his gear, so he is ready to go first thing in the morning, then he changes to his kitsune form, curls up a ball, his tail around himself for warmth, and drifts off to sleep.


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

"I'll see you all later, then. Enjoy a good night's rest. Balthazar bows down and leaves. Having rented a room in a nearby inn, he quickly gets to his destination. He asks for the innkeeper to wake him a couple of hours before the sunrise in case he's not up yet, and then goes to his chamber, not forgetting to inquire about Errol's stabling first.

Balthazar fills a bowl with water and calmly washes his face and body before going to bed. It is not that much earlier than his usual sleeping hour, and he easily falls into a deep, peaceful slumber.


Half-Orc Bard 1st: Savage Skald / HP *-1* of 11 / F+3.R+3.W+2 / AC 14.10.14 / Init. +0 / Perc -1

Kravo returns to his little pad in the tool shack behind Cracktooth's. The rest of his gear is there and ready for the morning.


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

Sienna walks just past the city walls and finds a good tree to lie beside then doses off preparing her mind to wake up first thing. She will return to the inn as soon as she wakes up.

Prepared spells:

Level 1: Cure Light wounds, Obscuring mist (Weather), Entangle
Level 0: Detect Magic, Detect poison, Light


HP 12/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +9, W +2; bab: 2; melee 3(+8), ranged +7; CMB 3, CMD 18; speed 30; init +5, perc +6 Kitsune rogue/3

Come the wee predawn hours, Hijiro rises and grooms himself before changing back to his human form. Then he dresses and grabs his gear and heads back to the Rusty Dragon to meet the others. I hope there's a meal waiting for us at the tavern this morning, he thinks as he walks swiftly along the streets to the Dragon. I would surely like something other than trail rations... not to mention a chance to see Ameiko again before we go.


HP: 10/10 AC 16/14/12: F+2, R +4, W+2, Per:+4, Init: +6

Wanwa'lasse wakes up about an hour before it's time to head out. She washes her face before getting ready. Once her armor is one and her sword belted at her side, she checks her remaining gear one last time before heading down to wait for the others.

Desna watch us and give us good luck.


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

It's still very dark when Balthazar wakes. He readily gets up and does a shortened version of his morning ritual, strecthing and meditating for short while in preparation for the day's mission. He puts a portion of his trail rations in the pocket, grabs his rope, grappling hook, nunchaku and sling and leaves to the Rusty Dragon, sneaking out of the inn quietly such as not to to disturb the snoring innkeeper sleeping over the counter. He greets Hijiro and Wanwa'lasse and waits for the others patiently.


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

Sienna joins the others shortly after, giving a small wave to them as greeting. Her hair looks a little de-shelved but that might be because she just woke up and hasn't really cared for her appearance. She has equipped what she was wearing the other day, some hide armour, a shield and a club. With a sling round her waist and a back pack. It almost seems as that is all she owns.

Time to finally get a little payback against those greenskins, and a little adventure, what else is there today to make it even better? Ah, now I'm going to jinx it if I keep thinking like that.


female DM

Ameiko nods to all of you and offers a breakfast of sweet steamed buns, fresh milk and fruit. "Good luck this morning. Hopefully you won't need much to deal with those little fiends" she says, appearing confident in the group's ability to deal with whatever might be lurking out in swamp.


HP 12/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +9, W +2; bab: 2; melee 3(+8), ranged +7; CMB 3, CMD 18; speed 30; init +5, perc +6 Kitsune rogue/3

Hijiro grins at Ameiko and bows slightly. "Breakfast smells good." He doesn't wait for further invitation to dig in and have a hearty breakfast, though he eats sparingly of the fruit, he does seem to enjoy the sweet buns and milk a lot.

When the others are done eating, he stands and stretches. "Everyone ready to go?"


Half-Orc Bard 1st: Savage Skald / HP *-1* of 11 / F+3.R+3.W+2 / AC 14.10.14 / Init. +0 / Perc -1

...sea spray and the thump of the drum and the longship pulls into harbour. Banners streaming, the crew: blood steaming on their blades. The heroes return to fanfare and music. Jugglers and dancers whirl in the streets. Crowds gather cheering. In the corners, behind barrels or from the dark windows of brothels the foxes peer out suspiciously. A fawning Tian woman plays her samisen to a flock a of petulant children, who listen with goblin ears and sharp teeth. An older man closes his eyes and gags himself with a Varisian scarf -then dances a jig on the pier. From the crowsnest of the ship a little orc head impaled on a pole sings ancient Skaldic dirges. A storm blows in...


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

"I'm ready. Let's find Walthus."


Half-Orc Bard 1st: Savage Skald / HP *-1* of 11 / F+3.R+3.W+2 / AC 14.10.14 / Init. +0 / Perc -1

A deep, sonorous rumble emanates from the little shed behind Cracktooth's Tavern.


female DM

Ameiko looks around and heaves a sigh,"No Kravo yet... I can't say I'm surprised."


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

After Ameiko says these words, Balthazar looks around and realizes for the first time the half-orc is missing.

"Hmph. We'd better go get him first, then. I don't wish to waste time, so, Ameiko, would you be so kind as to give us a basket or something like it to take some breakfast to Kravo? He can eat on the way. I suppose you know where to find him?"


female DM

Ameiko nods,"Yes, he lives in a small..er.. shed behind Cracktooth's Tavern. I'll get him some food." Ameiko packs up some breakfast into a basket, wraps it in a blanket and passes it to Balthazar.


Half-Orc Bard 1st: Savage Skald / HP *-1* of 11 / F+3.R+3.W+2 / AC 14.10.14 / Init. +0 / Perc -1

It isn't hard to find Kravo. At this early hour the town is quiet, and his snoring (surprisingly rich and pleasant to hear) echoes through the streets. You just have to follow it.

His "home" barely fits him - let alone anyone else. When roused a few moments follow filled with uncomfortable banging, squeezing, scuffling and cursing. He emerges intact with all his gear. Hair in dissaray - gut hanging out from beneath his tight-fitting hide armour - but ready for action.

I hope you don't mind the diversion. Kravo is just not a morning person, ok?


HP: 10/10 AC 16/14/12: F+2, R +4, W+2, Per:+4, Init: +6

Wanwa'lasse enjoys some fruit and milk, quite content to let Hijiro have her share of the buns.

"Thank you for the breakfast Ameiko, but I'm afraid that pastries tend to be a little too rich for my blood."

She looks around right as Ameiko mentions the missing Kravo and follows the others to his small shack. Once he emerges, "Well, that's everyone. We might be able to make up for lost time if we hurry."

The half-elf gives the half-orc a friendly, or at least as friendly as she could, smile to let him she wasn't mad or upset in the slightest.


HP 12/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +9, W +2; bab: 2; melee 3(+8), ranged +7; CMB 3, CMD 18; speed 30; init +5, perc +6 Kitsune rogue/3

Hijiro finishes up breakfast, snatching one last bun on the way out, eating as he walks toward Kravo's digs.

Cheerily, he greets Kravo with a smile and a hearty G'morning! Time to be on our way, sleepyhead.


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

"Come on, Come on, I'll drag you if I have to. Here how is this?!" Sienna throws water at Kravo.

"That fresh enough for you big guy?" She laughs then whistles to herself as she walks away.


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

After Sienna walks away, Balthazar approaches Kravo and gives him the basket with breakfast, taking care not to let Kravo touch him. He looks serious.

"Here. Eat while we walk."

He turns around and starts walking, and then asks Hijiro and Wanwa'lasse "Will you lead the way? I'm not familiar with the town."


HP 12/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +9, W +2; bab: 2; melee 3(+8), ranged +7; CMB 3, CMD 18; speed 30; init +5, perc +6 Kitsune rogue/3

Hijiro assuming he knows Walthus and/or where he lives is happy to show Balthazar and the others the way. If not, he'll let Wanwa' lead.


female DM

Works for me, Hijiro

The weather is warm and bright, like yesterday, as you set off for Walthus' home on the New Fish Trail. Once in the marsh, a thick fog blankets the area and the almost menacing shrieks and howls of the creatures of the swamp surround you. The humidity is oppressive and clouds of insecxts constantly swarm around you. You walk down the trail, uninhibited by flora or fauna, but occasionally feel the prickling sensation of something watching you from just beyond your field of vision.


HP 12/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +9, W +2; bab: 2; melee 3(+8), ranged +7; CMB 3, CMD 18; speed 30; init +5, perc +6 Kitsune rogue/3

Hijiro tries to shrug off the feeling of being watched as he walks along the trail... and, unable to shake the impression, he tries to keep an eye out for what's watching them.

perception check 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

apparently Hijiro is too distracted to notice much of anything, luckily he's able to keep to the trail at least lol


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

Is there anyone out there?, Balthazar wonders, sharpening his senses.

Perpcetion 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


Half-Orc Bard 1st: Savage Skald / HP *-1* of 11 / F+3.R+3.W+2 / AC 14.10.14 / Init. +0 / Perc -1

Swatting flies and trudging down the path, Kravo sees the suspicious glances of his comrades. Is someone watching? As he goes, he looks around anxiously, steps into a muddy rut and gets tangled briefly among some scratchy vines by the road side.

Perception 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5


HP: 10/10 AC 16/14/12: F+2, R +4, W+2, Per:+4, Init: +6

Perceptio: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Wanwa'lasse calmly draws her bow and and notches an arrow. Her ears strain to hear anything and her eyes scan the surrounding trees and undergrowth.


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

Wait... that ain't my mist... oh no, let's see if I can find something, please let me find something.

Sienna crouches down trying to get below the mist looking out to see anything but mostly listening out for anything.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


female DM

Wanwa'lasse, Sienna, Balthazar:
Out of the corner of your eyes you see a bone-white shape, vaguely the size of a man, dart through the dense vegetation less than ten feet from the road. You turn, to see where it has gone or to catch another glimpse of the thing, but cannot see it anymore. Perhaps it has gone further into the swamp...

Hijiro and Kravo:
You see nothing, but feel the crawling sensation that tells you that there MUST have been something there, even if you didn't see it


Half-Orc Bard 1st: Savage Skald / HP *-1* of 11 / F+3.R+3.W+2 / AC 14.10.14 / Init. +0 / Perc -1

Kravo gently slides out his falchion and advances into the haze with it held firmly and comfortably in his huge hands.


HP: 10/10 AC 16/14/12: F+2, R +4, W+2, Per:+4, Init: +6

"Well, whatever it was is gone now."

Anyone who turns to look at Wanwa'lasse sees her shudder as she replaces the arrow in her quiver and shoulder her bow again.

What was that thing?


HP 12/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +9, W +2; bab: 2; melee 3(+8), ranged +7; CMB 3, CMD 18; speed 30; init +5, perc +6 Kitsune rogue/3

Hijiro whispers "Wait Kravo, there's nothing out there." But simply out of caution, he draws his rapier as well, though he doesnt leave the trail.


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

Weather demons! It must be that! ... I hope not, did the old man say something about crazy white people in the fogs?! No, I don't think so. Weather demons... Weather demons

She continues to chant in her head, when her acquaintances start talking a bit more she snaps out of it then tries to fall in beside them.


female DM

You advance further into the stifling swamp and in less than half an hour, you arrive at the end of the muddy trail. A small, rustic home sits just in front of you and on the eastern side of the building, is a lagoon, leading out to the ocean. A young male halfling steps out of the building, wearing simple homespun clothing and looking more than a little bedraggled, and waves. "Oh, hello. I wasn't expecting anyone today. My home is a mess, so I can't invite you in right now," he says quickly, in an exhaustion-laded tone.


HP 12/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +9, W +2; bab: 2; melee 3(+8), ranged +7; CMB 3, CMD 18; speed 30; init +5, perc +6 Kitsune rogue/3

"Hello Walthus, I'm Hijiro and my companions and I are seeking information about the goblins, their village and their traps. We were hoping you might be able to help us." He looks at Walthus carefully, the halfling may be somewhat unsociable by nature, living alone out here, but he doesn't look or sound so good. "I'm sorry if we woke you or something, you sound tired."


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

Sense Motive to notice if there's anything off about Walthus' behavior 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Half-Orc Bard 1st: Savage Skald / HP *-1* of 11 / F+3.R+3.W+2 / AC 14.10.14 / Init. +0 / Perc -1

We do not wish to encroach upon you, sir, and we do not ask for your hospitality, we merely came looking for information.


female DM

Balthazar:
There's definitely something up with this halfling. Beyond looking tired, his skin is a sickly colour and he moves as if every motion causes him pain. It's not a mess that's a problem, it's something else altogether.

"The goblins? Oh, the ones on Old Fish Trail. Noisy little buggers, been attacking more and more people all the time. What sort of details did you want?


HP 12/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +9, W +2; bab: 2; melee 3(+8), ranged +7; CMB 3, CMD 18; speed 30; init +5, perc +6 Kitsune rogue/3

"Everything about them actually, thhat you know, that is. Where in the swamp they live? how many of them are there? Do they have a shaman? What else in the swamp should we be aware of as we travel here? Can you guide us to them? Perhaps even help us fight them?"

Hijiro grows quiet as suddenly as he started tallking.Was that too much all at once. I don't want to anger him. Still, he looks at the tiired looking halflng hopefully.


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

Celestine8:
Balthazar waits for the halfling's answers before making any comments about his suspicious behavior.

Can Balthazar make any check to see if he might know what is Walthus's affliction? If there is, you can make the check if you want to, to speed things up


female DM

Walthus nods,"I think they have a few priests and casters. I'm not sure. They're led by a pretty smart chief, I think. There's snakes, giant bugs and leeches, the goblins themselves and the Soggy River Monster, if you believe the stories. Something that mangles livestock and has a horrific appearance. I'd love to help you, but I.. I'm busy this afternoon".

Balthazar's heal check
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Balthazar can tell that Walthus is wounded and perhaps poisoned.


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

"I don't know what your afternoon engagements are, but unless they involve meeting a healer, I think you should probably reeschedule and go look for Koya Mvashti. You can find help in the Sandpoint Cathedral, where they can treat your wounds. Also, I believe you might be poisoned, so you'd better hurry." Balthazar thinks for a moment and proceeds. "Have the goblins done this to you?" and then, whispering "Are there any inside holding you against your will?"


female DM

"N-no, that's not it, the halfling stammers

Perception checks?


HP: 10/10 AC 16/14/12: F+2, R +4, W+2, Per:+4, Init: +6

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Wanwa'lasse quirks an eyebrow up. Something in the back of her head is gnawing at her.

Something doesn't feel right.


HP 12/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +9, W +2; bab: 2; melee 3(+8), ranged +7; CMB 3, CMD 18; speed 30; init +5, perc +6 Kitsune rogue/3

perception check 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Hijiro is a bit surprised at Balthazar's questions... some things he had not considered himself, that Walthus might be more than just tired, but injured as well, and maybe poisoned... and that the goblins might be at fault. He watches Walthus even more closely than before, and considers his words carefully...

"Then what is it, is something wrong?"


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

Really, goblins taking a halfling captive, why?

Sienna slowly peers round Balthazar to see what's inside.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


female DM

Wanwa'lasse can tell something's up, all but Balthazar can see that as the halfling moves, his skin seems to ripple, as if there was something beneath Walthus' flesh moving out of sequence and erroneously with the the halfling's.

101 to 150 of 1,163 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Brinewall Legacy All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.