Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Cele's Jade Regent

Game Master Celestine8


701 to 750 of 1,163 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

Male Goblin Paladin 1 HP 10/11, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +3 R +3 W +1, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

Yay! We're gettin' the band back together! In that case, unless DmCeles says otherwise, Irnk owes Hijiro 15 gold for a small-sized Heavy Flail. Also, Gutwad's fighting gear included a mwk chain shirt & mwk composite longbow, Irnk would like to use those at least for the 'bone hunt'. Hey Celes, what is the Str bonus on the composite longbow? Irnk currently only has a +1 but if he keeps the bow & his Str goes up it would be nice to know if the bow will handle better.

"Great! I would like to get this done in time to see the Licktoad off if possible. Hey Hijiro, you ever use a sling? They will probably work better against boney dead than an arrow or knives will & you can plink them from father away than smackin' 'em."


HP 12/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +9, W +2; bab: 2; melee 3(+8), ranged +7; CMB 3, CMD 18; speed 30; init +5, perc +6 Kitsune rogue/3

"Good thinking. I used to play with a sling when I was young. I'm sure I could still use one. Thanks for the idea."

Hijiro picks up a sling and a score of bullets while the group is out shopping for Irnk's weapon.


female DM

I believe it's +1. Sadly, not much mileage on it


Male Goblin Paladin 1 HP 10/11, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +3 R +3 W +1, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

No worries, +1 is still better than +0. Also, is this the next day? By which I mean have we rested for a night & recovered wounds/magic/daily use race/class abilities.

"So are we prepared to deal with the 'boney dead now? I don't know about you lot, but I prefer to be where I may strike back at the things that want me dead." Irnk says, looking about at the town around him & it's inhabitants.


HP 12/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +9, W +2; bab: 2; melee 3(+8), ranged +7; CMB 3, CMD 18; speed 30; init +5, perc +6 Kitsune rogue/3

Hijiro nods to Irnk. "When we get outside of town, I'm sure you'll get that chance. Probably lots of things in the swamp will want to see us dead. I just hope we don't run into another of those weird shapeshifters."

He hefts his small pack, stows his new sling on his belt sash where he can get at it quickly and heads out of town with the others. "To the caves then?"


Male Goblin Paladin 1 HP 10/11, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +3 R +3 W +1, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

Irnk hefts his Flail & bellows a word in goblin in response to Hijiro's query, trotting in the direction of the nearest town gate. As he passes Soggy Alley, down High street he slows, realizing the others aren't barreling along with him. Coming to a somewhat sheepish stop, Irnk turns & calls back to the others, "Well? They aren't going to kill themselves!"


female DM

I don't remember people asking to rest and doing so? I could be wrong.


Male Goblin Paladin 1 HP 10/11, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +3 R +3 W +1, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

I apologize. When I said Irnk was going to take a nap the previous afternoon so that he could be awake during the most dangerous part of the night in case anything happened then, I meant to imply that he would be getting a full eight hours of sleep, just not all in one block. However I can easily see him being too jittery from anxiousness to get a real full night's rest. I was mainly hoping to have his Smite Evil!(tm) refreshed, but having a Heavy Flail should offset that. At least I hope these guys aren't so tough that not having his smite back means the difference between success & failure. If we do die I apologize to everyone ahead of time.

Once Irnk is certain the others are following out of the town, he turns back & continues on his way.


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

Well didn't we rest the day before actually leaving or have I got that wrong?


female DM

I think so. So, you're all rested up and ready to go. Anything to add before venturing forth?


HP 12/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +9, W +2; bab: 2; melee 3(+8), ranged +7; CMB 3, CMD 18; speed 30; init +5, perc +6 Kitsune rogue/3

not from me... i'm ready and eager!


Male Goblin Paladin 1 HP 10/11, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +3 R +3 W +1, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

ONWARD!!! Irnk wants to kill these skeletons so he can come back, pay off his debt to Hijiro & hopefully have enough left over to buy a breeding pair of hogs for the Licktoad as a going-away present.


HP 12/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +9, W +2; bab: 2; melee 3(+8), ranged +7; CMB 3, CMD 18; speed 30; init +5, perc +6 Kitsune rogue/3

cool, let's get going... hopefully, Balthazar should be back from vacation soon too!


female DM

BAHHH!!!! I keep losing my posts! Alright, off to the caves. Sorry, my computer hates me

You head out through the steamy marsh, heading south and west for a few hours. Anything while on the way?


HP 12/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +9, W +2; bab: 2; melee 3(+8), ranged +7; CMB 3, CMD 18; speed 30; init +5, perc +6 Kitsune rogue/3

nothing special from Hijiro - just keeping an eye on surroundings and trying to make sure we don't get ambushed or anything on the way

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

I will need to think up of spells to use, will post them shortly. Hopefully before any form of combat breaks out.

Sienna looks over and around their surroundings as they travel through the harsh place, trying to figure out if anything is out of place about the area. Paranoid about another white creature that might pop up out of nowhere.

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Knowledge nature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


Male Goblin Paladin 1 HP 10/11, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +3 R +3 W +1, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0, sigh. Guess which feat I was already planning to pick up come third level?

Irnk displays what is becoming characteristic obliviousness, his gaze flitting from subject to subject, never really closely observing the details. Of course goblins aren't noted for their discernment. On the other hand, he might just be preoccupied with his new weapon, spinning the head every few yards & taking practice swings at every fallen limb or rotten stump you come across.


female DM

Still issues with computer, but will post as often as humanly possible

Nothing bothers you while on the way into the marsh. The ground becomes very loose and swampy until you're more wading than walking. You reach a clearing near the shore to find the half-sunken remains of a ship, split into jagged halves, partially hidden beneath a veil of vines and algae. Nothing seems out of place, but some odd, clearly defined tracks can be seen from time to time, leading to and away from this area. The tracks that could only be left by the restless dead.


Male Goblin Paladin 1 HP 10/11, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +3 R +3 W +1, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17, to see if there are any signs the undead (or anyone else) might have left an ambush. By to & away, do you mean through or do you mean they came here, looked around, then left.

"Hey Hijiro, this about where that map said there was a ship?"


HP 12/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +9, W +2; bab: 2; melee 3(+8), ranged +7; CMB 3, CMD 18; speed 30; init +5, perc +6 Kitsune rogue/3

i thought we were going to the cave first, but I guess not... but i'm assuming this is where the map led us re: the ship, so...

"Yes, this seems to be it... shall we have a look around? And without waiting for approval, Hijiro moves closer to the ship, attempting to go inside, searching carefully around to make sure he's not surprised by any undead or anything else nasty.


female DM

You are going to the cave first. This isn't the ship that's marked on another spot on the map. It's a different, unmarked ship. You're not far from the cave. Should have been more clear. Sorry! I mean that they've passed through here, both coming and going. Perception check from Hijiro, please?


HP 12/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +9, W +2; bab: 2; melee 3(+8), ranged +7; CMB 3, CMD 18; speed 30; init +5, perc +6 Kitsune rogue/3

Then amend my previous post...

"No, this isn't the ship marked on the map, this is a different ship... maybe we should have a look around before we go into the cave?" He asks the others for their input, but seems ready to go to the ship before entering the cave.


HP 12/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +9, W +2; bab: 2; melee 3(+8), ranged +7; CMB 3, CMD 18; speed 30; init +5, perc +6 Kitsune rogue/3

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

"Think some of the undead might have stayed here?" Sienna muses


Male Goblin Paladin 1 HP 10/11, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +3 R +3 W +1, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

No worries. :)

"We should check to make certain there isn't anything in there that will come up behind us, but leave anything else for after we're done with the 'Boney Dead'. If necessary, we can return later."

With that, Irnk slogs closer to the abandoned hulk, clearly intent in his inspection. Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16. Irnk is also using Detect Evil as he circles the wreckage.


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

Balthazar stands aside, letting Hijiro and Irnk inspect the ship while he stands watch against the possible coming of more undead. He looks around the marsh searching for signs of movement.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


female DM

Nothing catches Balthazar's eye out in the marsh. Hijiro and Irnk notice the skeletal remains of what appears to be armed humanoids, their weapons and armour rotted and rusted beyond repair. No aura is strong enough to be detected by the goblin paladin's senses, but an unnatural stillness is felt by all. A pitted and moss covered nameplate labels the ship as Kaijitsu's Star


Male Goblin Paladin 1 HP 10/11, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +3 R +3 W +1, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

"Hey, isn't that what's-her-name's name?" Irnk asks Hijiro ingenuously. "Or is that just Tian for 'scrappy bartender' or something? Maybe you ought to see if she will pay you for salvage work. After we deal with the 'boney dead' of course."


HP 12/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +9, W +2; bab: 2; melee 3(+8), ranged +7; CMB 3, CMD 18; speed 30; init +5, perc +6 Kitsune rogue/3

Hijiro nods to Irnk. "Yes, that's the same name. I wonder if Ameiko even knows this exists here. We should search the ship more thoroughly. We should also deal with the dead. Their spirits have not been set to rest properly."


Male Goblin Paladin 1 HP 10/11, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +3 R +3 W +1, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

"None of this is going anywhere," Irnk says, indicating the wreckage with his flail. "We need to be." Irnk continues as he turns, slogging through the mud in the direction the tracks continued.
"I promise, it will all still be here when we get back!"


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

"Maybe they were settlers here a long time ago? Maybe this is the dead being riled up now? I don't know, I agree with Pintsize though let's find these dead things, I don't want to be jumped by them while investigating this ship."

Sienna glances around the ship briefly before leaving.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


HP 12/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +9, W +2; bab: 2; melee 3(+8), ranged +7; CMB 3, CMD 18; speed 30; init +5, perc +6 Kitsune rogue/3

"Alright then... " He seems reluctant to leave the skeletal remains behind unburied, but he nods and agrees regardless. "On to the cave then..."


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

Sienna looks at Hijiro as he walks on by. Then curses to herself, as for some reason she didn't want to see Hijiro upset.

"Hey wait... Jiro.. I know some of Desna's mantras, would you like me to say a prayer for them before we leave? It isn't a burial but it's better than nothing..."


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

"That would be something good... yes, thank you Sienna." He stands respectfully near the fallen while she speaks her mantra and seems a bit lighter of heart as the party leaves afterwards.


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

Balthazar awaits patiently and respectfully and, as soon as the prayer is over, joins Irnk in the front of the group marching to their intended destination.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Goblin Paladin 1 HP 10/11, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +3 R +3 W +1, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

Hey Hijiro, you switched jobs on us! :D
Irnk waits (surprisingly patiently for a goblin, which is to say his fidgeting is minor enough to be easily ignored, more like a child in church than an intentional slight) as Sienna recites the Desnan requiem. Once the others are ready, he again turns in the direction Sienna & Hijiro indicated the Skeletons travel on their return from the Licktoad village.


female DM

Oh no! His twin just swapped spots with him!

The four of you slog further into the swamp, reaching a fifty foot-high cliff rising up from the swamp's southern border, its face a thick tangle of jutting rocks and bright green vines and nettles. A curtain of hese thick nettle vines partially conceals the cave opening at the base of the cliff.


HP 12/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +9, W +2; bab: 2; melee 3(+8), ranged +7; CMB 3, CMD 18; speed 30; init +5, perc +6 Kitsune rogue/3

my bad... and too late to edit it now... damn the idea of running identical twins anyway!... sorry for any confusion

Hijiro approaches the cave opening cautiously from the side (not directly) moving cautiously through the swamp. "Well this is it... should we just... go in?"


Male Goblin Paladin 1 HP 10/11, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +3 R +3 W +1, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

I have the exact same problem, considering my main avatar is this same picture.
Unrelated note, did anyone object to Irnk making use of Gutwad's Mwrk. Chain shirt & Composite Lognbow? I haven't adjusted the sheet to reflect him putting them on yet. Now that I think about it, I haven't adjusted the sheet to reflect that he is using a Heavy Flail right now...

"Let me take a peek inside first." Putting deed to word, Irnk cautiously approaches the cave mouth from the other side, Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12, listening carefully as he does so. Once he is at the edge of the cave mouth, Irnk peers into the darkness. Darkvision 60', Detect Evil, Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19.


HP 12/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +9, W +2; bab: 2; melee 3(+8), ranged +7; CMB 3, CMD 18; speed 30; init +5, perc +6 Kitsune rogue/3

Hijiro is right behind Irnk, leaving him room to back out if the situation calls for it though.

stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


Male Goblin Paladin 1 HP 10/11, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +3 R +3 W +1, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

I've updated Irnk's sheet to reflect his equipment changes. I figure he left his Dogslicer back at Sandpoint.

snif

he really liked that Dogslicer...


female DM

Irnk, there's a nice thick curtain of nettles there, would you like to just deftly move around them (reflex save) or cut or burn them?


Male Goblin Paladin 1 HP 10/11, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +3 R +3 W +1, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

Irnk is still pretty impatient. Reflex Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7, aaand now we see what impatience gets you...


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

After finishing the prayer Sienna falls in behind the rest of the group. She is mostly wary of what might creep up on them so focuses her attention to behind the group, she faces away and keeps pace walking backwards.

Spells:

Level 1: Obscuring Mist, Cure light wounds x2
Level 0: Detect Magic, Resistance, Light


female DM

Irnk tries to sidestep the curtain of vines and stinging vegetation, but his foot becomes entangled in the greenery and the nettles swing into him Make me a fort save vs being sickened, Irnk


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

Balthazar seems alarmed by Irnk's troubles. He looks at his gear and realizes he carries no sharp objects with which to help the goblin, and then pleads to the others, pointing at the nettle vines, "Do you have knives?"


HP 12/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +9, W +2; bab: 2; melee 3(+8), ranged +7; CMB 3, CMD 18; speed 30; init +5, perc +6 Kitsune rogue/3

Hijiro pulls out a rapier and a dagger, handing the dagger toward Balthazar, careful to hold it by the tip of the blade so Balthazar can take it without touching him. Then he begins slashing at nettles with his rapier, doing as much damage to the annoying plants as he possibly can.

to hit, if needed: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

Balthazar takes Hijiro's dagger and bows slightly before him. "Thank you" He then quickly goes to Irnk's aid, hacking at the nettles.


Male Goblin Paladin 1 HP 10/11, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +3 R +3 W +1, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14, whew, hopefully that did it.
As he becomes entangled in the nettles Irnk swears in Goblin, drops the Heavy Flail and pulls out his dagger, hacking at the foliage.

Goblin:
"So much for surprise."


female DM

The nettles prick Irnk's flesh but he manages to shake off the effects of the plant's venom. The plants are cut away from the entrance in no time, revealing a tunnel to the left and another to the right, the walls glistening with moisture and constantly dripping water.

701 to 750 of 1,163 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Brinewall Legacy All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.