Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Cele's Jade Regent

Game Master Celestine8


601 to 650 of 1,163 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

female DM

Ameiko nods and subtly gestures over to the only other occupied table, a few young Varisian men that Sienna knows are 'friends' with Jubrayl. She speaks in a low whisper, "I heard it from them, but didn't think it was true. You can take the back room or back up to your rooms from last night, whichever you like."A concerned expression passes over her face quickly and disappears, her calm, happier expression returning as she speaks louder, "I didn't think there was much to worry about next to the goblins and the Sheriff has their leader. The issues around here are probably over, finally.


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

Oh great, so what Sandru says is true. Damn, I thought Jubaryl might have let me off easy. Looks like that won't be the case.

Sienna motions to the back room and walks over to it, waiting for Ameiko to join them. She then continues in a relatively low voice, paranoid of people listening

"So yes, there are unsavory things walking about. Would you know anything about undead in general? This is a shot in the dark I know but we have very little info on them at the moment"


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

Balthazar follows Sienna and Ameiko, interested in the matter of the undead creatures lurking nearby. This is indeed troubling, and might even hold our travel a bit longer. When Sienna asks about the walking dead, Balthazar tries to remember the monk's teachings on such subject.

Knowledge (religion) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


HP 27/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +10, W +2; bab: 3; melee 4(+8), ranged +8; CMB 4, CMD 19; speed 30; init +5, Kitsune Rogue/4
skills:
acrobatics 15, bluff 8, climb 6, diplomacy 7, disable 12, escape artist 6, perception 11, perform: comedy 6, craft: carpentry 5, sleight of hand 12, stealth 12, knowledge: local 8

Hijiro goes along with the others, also interested in the undead, which he knows little about, but he listens avidly to learn.


female DM

Balthazar recalls that undead sometimes spontaneously animate when disturbed or when someone does something that causes their spirits to no longer find rest. Skeletal undead require bludgeoning items to hit them properly and are a very common form of undead that even a novice necromancer can create.

Ameiko closes the door behind them, "Undead are usually given a task by a necromancer or driven by their own single-minded goals, with the more simple types of undead. What type did you notice and where are they? How close to town?"


HP 27/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +10, W +2; bab: 3; melee 4(+8), ranged +8; CMB 4, CMD 19; speed 30; init +5, Kitsune Rogue/4
skills:
acrobatics 15, bluff 8, climb 6, diplomacy 7, disable 12, escape artist 6, perception 11, perform: comedy 6, craft: carpentry 5, sleight of hand 12, stealth 12, knowledge: local 8

"Fairly close... apparently close enough to attack the Licktoad village before we did. Doesn't mean they'd be bold enough to come to Sandpoint, but close enough I guess it can't be ruled out, esp. if their task or goal brought them here in time."

Hijiro pauses, thinking to himself a moment... "Perhaps it would be best to deal with them before they come this far?"


female DM

Ameiko nods towards Hijiro, "I agree. They may not come this far, as you say, but the undead can be tough enemies. I'll leave you guys to talk about this, but I"m glad to see you back safe." She departs, leaving the group with their food and drink.


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

"Well look, undead don't just spawn from the ground, I assume anyway. So there is someone who is summoning them. They can't summon anything from inside of town unless they are recently deceased and not buried. So I see the biggest hurdle to this issue is ... well... the fact that a necromancer generally doesn't try to dress for the occasion. So he could be anyone at all, unless we caught them in the act. Just using detect magic spells would not be reliable either as using detect magic on me for example I would not emanate of divine magic. I honestly think we will go on a wild goose chase with this venture. I do care for the safety of the people here but may I wonder why we want to play witch hunter here?" Sienna ends sternly.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

Recalling his teachings, Balthazar corrects Sienna. "Actually, some undead do simply spawn from the ground. That's not the case with skeletons, though, so I agree that there must be something or someone behind it. As to why we should look into the matter... maybe because we have enough resources do to do so, whereas the average man in Sandpoint will be helpless against this kind of menace. If this thing grows, it will be worse than any goblin problem. Don't you worry about the well-being of your friends and family in the city?" Balthazar asks in a fatherly tone. "Doing right by others is generally a calling, not an option."

He shares his knowledge of undead with Hijiro and Sienna as he eats his meal.


female DM

Skeletons can spontaneously animate and Balthazar does know this, but yes, usually not the case


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

"Yes, but we are not Sandpoint's protectors. Besides, can you tell me how we would track down an otherwise completely normal looking person that just so happens to practice necromancy? That uses undead with foreign armour?" Sienna sighes "Like I said, I do care for people's well being, that much should've been evident from my recklessness of going after the goblins. However, that is a threat I can perceive and know how to do something about. Undead is far beyond my domain, I feel we will be lead in circles by pursuing this, just because we want to do 'good' here. I've had a talk with mother and despite she being a good cleric generally doesn't fight these things. Wouldn't it be more prudent to seek out, you know, and actual witch hunter to do this? It's not like we have to figure out all of Sandpoint's problems. We'd be here for months and I for one don't want to become the police, if I did I would have signed up with the sheriff ages ago."


HP 27/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +10, W +2; bab: 3; melee 4(+8), ranged +8; CMB 4, CMD 19; speed 30; init +5, Kitsune Rogue/4
skills:
acrobatics 15, bluff 8, climb 6, diplomacy 7, disable 12, escape artist 6, perception 11, perform: comedy 6, craft: carpentry 5, sleight of hand 12, stealth 12, knowledge: local 8

"Perhaps we can just hunt down the undead that are there now and deal with those and only worry about a necromancer if there is one. We can't know for sure until we check it out. But if they are raising undead with what you call foreign armor, and we are finding things from Minkai, it stands to reason these might be recent dead from my homeland. I am curious enough to pursue this further, but I can't do it alone." Hijiro shrugs slightly...

"Of course, I understand if your curiosity isn't aroused like mine, but surely your sense of self-protection and security for the town should be some inspiration to such a venture."


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

"Again, how do you even propose to do this? Just randomly go out in the woods and look for undead? What proof do we have that they will even attack sandpoint? All we know is that they wanted a chest from the goblins. So I would assume there is a necromancer or something summoning them as what good would valuables be to undead. They are mindless right? So for all we know the necromancer has gotten what he or she wanted and just left." Sienna pauses calming herself before continuing.

"I honestly just feel that playing guardian in this case is going to avail us nothing and put us in needlessly into danger. I'm all for finding ways to ward the town from undead though. That seems a far more tangible goal than going hunting undead without a starting point, other than out there." Sienna waves her hands towards the forest.


HP 27/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +10, W +2; bab: 3; melee 4(+8), ranged +8; CMB 4, CMD 19; speed 30; init +5, Kitsune Rogue/4
skills:
acrobatics 15, bluff 8, climb 6, diplomacy 7, disable 12, escape artist 6, perception 11, perform: comedy 6, craft: carpentry 5, sleight of hand 12, stealth 12, knowledge: local 8

"Well, we know they attacked the Licktoad village. Maybe Walthus can help us track where they came from? Plus we have that map - with places marked that we don't know what they are - we might want to check out the marked places on the map. If the Licktoads disturbed the undead and took something from them, it stands to reason they'd have noted the location on their crude map."


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

"So ... what you are saying is we take wild shots in the dark on a map? That might have something to do with the undead? Why would the Licktoads marked places where they disturbed undead on a map anyway or why would if have previously looted places? I'm guessing that's what you are insinuating? As far as I recall the Licktoads were attacking caravans instead of looting random places. Also as an aside, is that actually a Licktoad map or did they steal it from someone?" Sienna ponders for a bit.

"I'm sorry if I'm being difficult here but I'm not convinced we should try to find these things. I am not curious enough or brave enough for that matter to go after what to me seems like a pointless, dangerous endaevour. Until something more concrete is found I think we will be stumbling blindly in the dark. I feel that we should do something within the realm of reason, if I were to protect Sandpoint I would help set up wards from the undead here. I know we have that capability within Sandpoint and I'd rather do that, it protects the village and doesn't put us at needless risk."


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

Balthazar ponders for a while, seeing Sienna's point. "That's reasonable. We still have one chance of finding out something more concrete, though. The surviving Licktoads might know a thing or two about the undeads that attacked them, and maybe a hint of who the necromancer is. Irnk is supposed to talk to them soon... maybe we should hurry and take the matter to him so it can be discussed with the other goblins. I can go an sleep there, tomorrow I come back with information. Of course, you're welcome to join me." Balthazar finishes his meal with a large bite and sets his plate aside, ready to go. "Does that sound good to you folks?" Looking specifically at Sienna, he asks "If the goblins can give as a lead, would you be willing to pursue this further?"


HP 27/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +10, W +2; bab: 3; melee 4(+8), ranged +8; CMB 4, CMD 19; speed 30; init +5, Kitsune Rogue/4
skills:
acrobatics 15, bluff 8, climb 6, diplomacy 7, disable 12, escape artist 6, perception 11, perform: comedy 6, craft: carpentry 5, sleight of hand 12, stealth 12, knowledge: local 8

Hijiro reaches out to clap Balthazar on the shoulder, then remembers the monk's vow and withdraws his hand. "I'll go with you, Balthazar, no reason you should have to trek into the marsh alone... never know what you might encounter there."


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

Replying to Balthazar "Well, I like that idea a bit better yes. Then it might not be pure speculation. Though I'd prefer if we do follow any leads the goblins might have to eventually forward the info to clerics that actually deal with undead as opposed to turning ourselves into a would-be undead hunting crew. I shall see you both in the morning then. I shall stay in Sandpoint tonight, I have some other unsavoury business to take care off and probably a message to send out in the morning." Sienna opens the door and walks out, just before she passes the threshold leaving the two men she turns back around. "Stay safe both of you. Good night." She shows a hint of a smile then goes back to the main floor of the inn, the looks around for her family 'friends'.

If she does find Jubrayl's lackies she will pull up a chair and sit with them. Then the rest of that conversation will be in spoilers, this time for secrecy reasons.


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

"Let's go, then, Hijiro." He bows to Sienna "Have a good night. We'll see you tomorrow."


HP 27/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +10, W +2; bab: 3; melee 4(+8), ranged +8; CMB 4, CMD 19; speed 30; init +5, Kitsune Rogue/4
skills:
acrobatics 15, bluff 8, climb 6, diplomacy 7, disable 12, escape artist 6, perception 11, perform: comedy 6, craft: carpentry 5, sleight of hand 12, stealth 12, knowledge: local 8

Hijiro nods to Sienna. "Until tomorrow then. Take care." He grabs his few things and gets ready to set off with Balthazar to find Irnk and the Licktoads.


female DM

Yeah, you have no difficulty finding them again, Sienna.

A group of four men sit at a table, all of them armed to the teeth,recounting an amusing story about one of their cousins in Varisian. They stop speaking and greet Sienna when she comes to the table.

So, it would seem that Hijiro and Balthazar meet up with Irnk before the Licktoads get there.

It doesn't take Hijiro or Balthazar long to reach Walthus' cabin in the Brinestump Marsh.


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

Celest:

"Hello gents, I hope all is well. Now I hear that you've been watching me a bit here and there. Not unlike Jubaryl to ask for that, but is this about the fact that I have plans to leave or that I haven't shown up for 'work'?" Sienna is obviously unhappy but she badly tries to be chirpy at the conversation.


HP 27/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +10, W +2; bab: 3; melee 4(+8), ranged +8; CMB 4, CMD 19; speed 30; init +5, Kitsune Rogue/4
skills:
acrobatics 15, bluff 8, climb 6, diplomacy 7, disable 12, escape artist 6, perception 11, perform: comedy 6, craft: carpentry 5, sleight of hand 12, stealth 12, knowledge: local 8

"Irnk, we're back... it's Hijiro and Balthazar," Hijiro calls out as he approaches Walthus' place so as not to surprise the goblin.

He opens the door slowly and pokes his head in. Finding Irnk still alone, he explains their presence. "We need to find out more about the undead and the map. We were hoping when you talk to the Licktoads, we could collect that information. I assume since you're still here that the Licktoad haven't made their appearance yet?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Goblin Paladin 1 HP 3/11, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +3 R +3 W +1, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

Even before Hijiro & Balthazar enter Walthus' house, they can hear what they must hope is only Irnk's snores emanating from within. The only possible explanation for such a small body generating such a LARGE noise is that the rumors must in fact be true, their skulls really are as hollow as a drum...
"ZZZZZZZZCHCHChchchchch- ! Wha!? Who?! Oh, you. What are you on about? No, no Goblins yet. If they do abide by what we agreed to, they won't be here until tomorrow morning; if they don't, they likely won't show up until nightfall as that is when they will have the advantage if they are planning something underhanded..."
Blearily blinking his eyes, Irnk gets up from the armchair he was using as a hammock, turning his head back & forth to a chorus of vertebral snaps, clicks & pops. You notice the interior of Walthus' hut is significantly cleaner than it was earlier today. Irnk pours himself some water from the basin in Walthus' kitchen, first dousing his head, then gargling vociferously, and finally drinking a tumbler full. Now once more fully cognizant, Irnk turns back to the two of you. "You want what from the Licktoad? Oh, now you are concerned about the restless dead. I thought Woojie-girl said she could follow their tracks from the village? Wait, what did you do with the map?"


HP 27/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +10, W +2; bab: 3; melee 4(+8), ranged +8; CMB 4, CMD 19; speed 30; init +5, Kitsune Rogue/4
skills:
acrobatics 15, bluff 8, climb 6, diplomacy 7, disable 12, escape artist 6, perception 11, perform: comedy 6, craft: carpentry 5, sleight of hand 12, stealth 12, knowledge: local 8

"I have the fan with the map on it. We need to learn what these marked locations are and what, if anything, they have to do with the undead. The Licktoads would be the only ones who might be able to give us that information. That's why Balthazar and I came out here to join you when you meet up with them."

"We are hoping to learn enough so that we can find the undead and eradicate them before they become a threat to the town, assuming that is within our abilities."

"Sienna said something about the undead looking for a chest or something - perhaps the very chest we took from the goblin leader. If that's the case, they will probably go to the town next to get it. Perhaps we can prevent that, and find why undead would want a Minkaian made chest. Sienna seems to think a necromancer is behind the undead, but Ameiko said that undead could just happen without a wizard behind them. Regardless, it would be good to find out and stop them if we can."

Hijiro takes a deep breath and stops talking, not used to so much speaking, and shrugs as if not sure where to go next with all of this.


Male Goblin Paladin 1 HP 3/11, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +3 R +3 W +1, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

I thought Woojie-girl said the dead took a chest... Wait, I KNOW the Licktoad said the walking dead left after finding something in the village & took it with them when they left."
Irnk's gaze shifts back & forth between Hijiro & Balthazar, perhaps hoping the older & wiser human might have something to add. "The two of you are free to stay here tonight & talk with the Licktoad when they come... Now I think about it, it'd be good to know if any of them can speak Longshanks..."


female DM

Sorry guys, I've been a bit sick lately. I'm not disappearing into the ether.

Sienna:
"Jubrayl just wants to know what's going on, is all. And he thinks that if we're all in danger, we should all know. So, you're heading off with your brother, eh? He might have a favour or two to ask you, but that's none of our business, right?"


Male Goblin Paladin 1 HP 3/11, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +3 R +3 W +1, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

No worries. Get better, come back. In that order.


female DM

I'm well enough now and can post while laying down and trying not to die.


HP 27/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +10, W +2; bab: 3; melee 4(+8), ranged +8; CMB 4, CMD 19; speed 30; init +5, Kitsune Rogue/4
skills:
acrobatics 15, bluff 8, climb 6, diplomacy 7, disable 12, escape artist 6, perception 11, perform: comedy 6, craft: carpentry 5, sleight of hand 12, stealth 12, knowledge: local 8

glad to hear you are feeling better


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

Hope you are well on your way to recovery.

Celest:

"Hmmm, strange of him to be that caring. So, where is he right now then? I think I should find out what these favours are before I leave. Or he probably won't let me hear the end of it."


female DM

I'm all better now. Just had a bit of a flu

Sienna:
"He's at work in the tavern.


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

Celest:

Sienna nods at the underlings then walks off to find Jubaryl at the tavern. Approaching him once she finds him she asks:

"So, Jubaryl, heard you have a request or two before I leave?" She reflects a bit before continuing.

Strange, I feel like I'm going to miss these jobs... I really shouldn't...

"Out with it dear brother, little reason to beat around the bush."

The below is a sense motive, as Sienna is a little wary of the requests Jubaryl might be asking her at this point. Not to see if he's lying about anything but more if he has an ulterior motive.

Sense motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


female DM

Sienna:
Jubrayl is sitting behind the bar, reading over a ledger and pushes it to the side. He brushes a long strand of dark hair out of his face and regards Sienna casually.

"Something going on, Sienna? Beyond the goblins, I mean. Weren't these goblins the same ones that were trying to give us trouble five years ago? I heard something about undead. I'd like to know what's going on. And where you plan on going with 'Mother' and Sandru."

Any conversations between Hijiro and Irnk before the Licktoads show up?


HP 27/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +10, W +2; bab: 3; melee 4(+8), ranged +8; CMB 4, CMD 19; speed 30; init +5, Kitsune Rogue/4
skills:
acrobatics 15, bluff 8, climb 6, diplomacy 7, disable 12, escape artist 6, perception 11, perform: comedy 6, craft: carpentry 5, sleight of hand 12, stealth 12, knowledge: local 8

I'm good and ready to move on I think. Irnk knows why we came out here, and now we're just waiting on the Licktoads. I'm sure there would be some small talk between the three characters while waiting, but nothing of any great moment that needs to be played out. At least none I can think of at this time.


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

Celest:

Sienna folds her arms, she seems happy that he's asking about this and seemingly nothing else.

"Why the interest in undead? Scared that they will do something to Sandpoint? I don't much of that situation just that there was some and to be fair I am of the opinion it will be far better getting someone more trained in tackling undead to find out about them. As for the rest of our family, I just want to get back on the road. This seemed like a good opportunity." She finishes hanging her head hiding a smile.


female DM

Sienna:
"No, we'd all be up in arms if that were the case. I know Belor's not one to take chances after the goblins those years ago. Just interest. Does it look like someone's behind 'em? Yeah, Koya's getting old, I guess. You sure there's no other reason? Did Sandru offer you work?

Okay, Hijiro and Irnk, I'll move us back up to where we were before. Irnk was discussing the options with a Licktoad goblin. Irnk alluded that there might be other options besides going to the Mushfens. They're speaking in goblin and it's early morning. He seems uneasy around Hijiro, as does his group, but none have done anything aggressive. GO!


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

Celest:

I don't think this convo will have impact on how she gets to the rest of the group next day, she will depart in the morning after spending some time around town. The main thing Sienna will do is send of an animal messenger to her mentor, I'll write that down with what I want it to say later. Back to this convo though.

"There might be someone behind them. Mindless undead don't go looking for goods. I found some evidence to show that a few were leaving with some stolen goods from the goblins... Wait don't tell me you want a few?" She says playfully joking about his line of work, she chuckles. "Anyway, Sandru didn't really offer me any work. Just said that if the goblins were cleared I could join him." Sienna finishes, telling a half truth, trying to avoid Sandru bringing up that Jubrayl was a danger to her.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Goblin Paladin 1 HP 3/11, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +3 R +3 W +1, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

I will be repeating myself, first in goblin, then in common. I will also be translating the goblin's words to common so that Hijiro & Balthazar can understand & take part.

"The first thing you must do is something you may have never done before, look from your heart, to that of another. You must state your case to the Longshanks, tell them why you wish to stay here & why they would be better served be your staying. Finally, you must abide by the accord you make with them, learning to speak longshanks wouldn't hurt either."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
female DM

Sienna:
Jubrayl frowns,"I never thought you'd go on one of Sandru's little 'adventures', but I guess you have your reasons. Get those goblins and the undead, then. But if there's something big up, like the last time the goblins bothered Sandpoint, let me know. He regards her meaningfully.

The goblin scrunches up his face, "We want to stay here because we've always been here. We can stay away. If they send us away or kill us, it's... ummm... bad luck. And we won't let them do that without a fight.


HP 27/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +10, W +2; bab: 3; melee 4(+8), ranged +8; CMB 4, CMD 19; speed 30; init +5, Kitsune Rogue/4
skills:
acrobatics 15, bluff 8, climb 6, diplomacy 7, disable 12, escape artist 6, perception 11, perform: comedy 6, craft: carpentry 5, sleight of hand 12, stealth 12, knowledge: local 8

Hijiro listens intently to the translations, but remains quiet on the subject of the goblins proximity to Sandpoint. His own business with the goblins is secondary, though still important.

I hope Irnk can work out some kind of peace between the goblins and humans. That would be the best solution.


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

Celest:

Sienna ponders for a moment "Well, there was talk about the goblin's getting a trial in Sandpoint, does that count?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Goblin Paladin 1 HP 3/11, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +3 R +3 W +1, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

Hijiro, you are still in human form, yes?

"Then we will talk with the Longshanks, and we will find something we and they can agree on. It would still help if more of us could speak their language though..."
Turning & pointing to Hijiro & Balthazar, "These Longshanks have promised they would also speak for us, but they are concerned about the dead walkers that attacked your village. They need to know what you know about them." Speaking to his larger companions, "Ask your questions, the more helpful we can show them to be, the better their chances of coming to some kind of accord with Sandpoint."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 27/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +10, W +2; bab: 3; melee 4(+8), ranged +8; CMB 4, CMD 19; speed 30; init +5, Kitsune Rogue/4
skills:
acrobatics 15, bluff 8, climb 6, diplomacy 7, disable 12, escape artist 6, perception 11, perform: comedy 6, craft: carpentry 5, sleight of hand 12, stealth 12, knowledge: local 8

Yes, Hijiro has been staying in human form around all these people... something he normally does as habit now since there are no other kitsune in Sandpoint

"We need to know where the walking dead came from... and where they went when they left your village... We would like to destroy them all if possible which would be helpful to your people as well as our own. And if you can help us decipher this map, it would be very helpful." Hijiro shows them the fan, opening it to reveal the map. "Perhaps you can tell us, what are these places marked on the map?"

Hijiro, after speaking, looks to Irnk to translate his words.


Male Goblin Paladin 1 HP 3/11, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +3 R +3 W +1, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

Yes, Irnk translates everything Hijiro says.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
female DM

Sienna:
Jubrayl looks up, a crooked, incredulous smile on his face,"Really? Goblins on trial. I thought Hemlock wanted ears and heads. How'd this happen? Why?"

The goblin spits onto the floor,"Dead walkers come for the stuff we took from the witch on the beach. They killed lots of us, including Slorb," he says with a satisfied grin,"Gutwad pushed most of the treasure back out of his home and they took it back with them. They let us keep the cheap stuff. That map shows this house, old witches' home, boat where the bright fire sticks came from and... ummm... a cave. I've never been inside, but that one over there is a cave."


HP 27/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +10, W +2; bab: 3; melee 4(+8), ranged +8; CMB 4, CMD 19; speed 30; init +5, Kitsune Rogue/4
skills:
acrobatics 15, bluff 8, climb 6, diplomacy 7, disable 12, escape artist 6, perception 11, perform: comedy 6, craft: carpentry 5, sleight of hand 12, stealth 12, knowledge: local 8

old witch? Maybe Sienna is right about a necromancer making the undead. But isn't this something that should be dealt with? And what's this about a boat? in the middle of a marsh?

"What more can you tell us about this witch? ... and the boat?"


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

Celest:

"Yea, well, Shalelu's little goblin friend apparently has a sense of honour and wants these goblins to be tried just like any man as opposed to killed like vermin." Sienna shrugs. "I don't know much about the details that was discussed between the others who were there, ask the sheriff, some kind of deal was met."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
female DM

Sienna:
A familiar light gleams in Jubrayl's eyes, the one he got when he was seeing a golden opportunity shining before him. "So, really a ceremonial trial. Hemlock probably wants to hang 'em, anyways. But, Shalelu's pet goblin, is he pressing for something like coexistence?"

The goblin nods,"The old witch's a longshanks, like the old man, here, but even older. An old woojie. Her house used to be lit up with weird lights at night and strange sounds. Now she's gotten pretty quiet. No more fun scraps laying around her home. The boat is on the beach, right there," he jabs a sharp little finger at one of the marks on the map,"The boat was the home of Vorka. A goblin-eating goblin woojie. She was... weird. Kept mean dogs and a horse. The Licktoad heros killed her and her pets and took the box with the treasure and the firesticks. Gutwad sent Poog, Mogmurt and others to check out the cave and they came back with more stuff. More treasures and-and even MORE fireworks." The other goblins behind him begin to fidget, clearly tiring of the conversation, scanning the home for something to busy themselves with...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Goblin Paladin 1 HP 3/11, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +3 R +3 W +1, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

Seeing in the goblin's fidgeting the potential danger it is, Irnk turns to Hijiro. "The rest of Gutwad's stuff is in Sandpoint, yes?" Then, turning back to the other goblins as he starts down the trail to Sandpoint. "If you would speak beside me to the Longshanks, come now. If you would return the Licktoad Spear to the village, come with me now. If you have not the courage to speak for your people to the Longshanks, run back to the Licktoad & hope that Goblins with courage will succeed where you fail."

Yes, I also relay to Hijiro afterwards that I am attempting to take these Goblins back to Sandpoint so that we (they & I) can plead their case to the people of Sandpoint.

601 to 650 of 1,163 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Brinewall Legacy All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.